PDA

View Full Version : What sport do you play?

JaggedMan
March 27th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I just got back from a wrestling tournament, and I wondered what other sports do the people on the forums play? So I am making this to find out, :D.

Jolene
March 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I go to a swimming club sometimes after school and I do competitions every now and then.

Snooki Polizzi
March 27th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I go to a swimming club sometimes after school and I do competitions every now and then.

Oh yeahhh, sureeeeee <_< and where are you getting this information from?

As for me I tan daily, I consider that a sport of its own and if thats not good enough, I am a proffesional fist bumper.

ShadowSalamence
March 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I have been playing handball for five years.

Eпvy
March 27th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I've never really done any sports, unless you want to count marching band as one, but I think that it's too awesome to be a sport.

I miss it. T_T

Throat
March 27th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Only soccer sometimes. I'd like to practise Jiu Jitsu.

Zebeedoo
March 27th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I go to the swimming pool often. =P I just wish I could swim in the deep end of it. xD

Sora
March 27th, 2010, 01:58 PM
MARCHING BAND. </brick'd>

Seriously. That needs to become a sport. D:

But other than that (which in actuality I don't do it anymore, because I'm a senior and I won't be doing band in College), I played some Softball, Basketball and Soccer in the past. Though I failed horribly in all three of 'em. XD

Timbjerr
March 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I was a fairly decent baseball player when I was younger. I never played for school or anything, but it was what I did with my dad when I needed to get my mind off things. :P

I'm also a pretty good swimmer. I even had a lifeguard license awhile back but never bothered to renew. >_>

.Gamer
March 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I ran Track and Cross Country in High School, and I play Ultimate Frisbee with my friends. Thats about it. I played Football and Soccer and stuff with my friends too. And Pokethlons

Confuse
March 27th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I'm an avid bowler.

I juggle sometimes, but that's just a hobby.

Eпvy
March 27th, 2010, 02:14 PM
MARCHING BAND. </brick'd>

Seriously. That needs to become a sport. D:

But other than that (which in actuality I don't do it anymore, because I'm a senior and I won't be doing band in College), I played some Softball, Basketball and Soccer in the past. Though I failed horribly in all three of 'em. XD

I don't really understand that. This is high school, even if it is your senior year.

I assure you that if anybody did miss out on my senior season for that reason they are probably still feeling bad about it. It was just that awesome.

But I don't think anybody did that... Not when you'd have an experience that could only be matched by Drum Corps after high school. (and also manage to be a lot less difficult and painful than Drum Corps. Although I guess I can't say that for sure because I never even tried for Drum Corps. It's one of those things that is okay to assume. =P)

An interesting note, though: I believe Drum Corps was shown on one of the basic cable ESPN channels at one point.

TrinityLimit
March 27th, 2010, 02:18 PM
i.... am going to do track and cross country in high school.
right now, im doing 5k's and stuff like that to prepare myself ^_^

Dakota
March 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I play wrestling, baseball, soccer, and football the most, though mostly baseball and football.

I also play basketball, but I suck at that. >_>

Jesh
March 27th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Soccer, but back in High School I played everything, except netball. 8|

Chibi Robo
March 27th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I used to do swim team, but I realize competitive swimming sucks :D
Now I play basketball :D

ThatsTakao
March 27th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Soccer <3
But I gave it up because I got lazy and realized I don't need to do sports to stay skinny, walking everywhere keeps me just as skinny. :3

Caelus
March 27th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I used to play Basketball when I was younger and entered two tournaments, but now I just play it at home.

I do play Football and am on my High School's Football team, but that's it for now. Might consider another sport next year.

Ayselipera
March 27th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I played softball for two years, gymnastics for three, and soccer for seven. Those were all on actual teams.

Right now for sports I'm into swimming and badminton. They're just something I do on my own time though.

perfectmonster
March 27th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Am I seriously the only one who plays Baseball??? C'mon peoples, get involved! :P

Throat
March 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Am I seriously the only one who plays Baseball??? C'mon peoples, get involved! :P
Baseball seems pretty nice, too bad it isn't very popular in Brazil. I think the required equipments, field and rules don't help much.

Aureol
March 27th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I fence. No, not the wall-thingy outside your house... I mean with swords. When I got involved, I was surprised to learn that it's a relatively small sport (the biggest events don't top 300).

Yamikarasu
March 27th, 2010, 05:38 PM
American Football ftw. I play center and hopefully I'll start on varsity for my high school next year. I'm kinda small for that position so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's a lot of work, during the off season we have to lift weights and during the summer we have practices nearly everyday. I've never really played another sport before.

BHwolfgang
March 27th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I'm currently in the Track team. During the summer, I mostly play Basketball and Soccer with my friends. I absolutely cannot swim. If someone push me into the ocean, I would drown.

I am always interested in Kendo and Karate. Hopefully, I'll be able to practice the latter more this summer.

I'm not much of a Football person. To do that, I would need to learn how to throw a spiral, and spend a whole season gaining weight and muscle. Baseball is out of the option as well. The guys who are in the Baseball team at my school are douchebags. I would never get along with them.

Captain Hobo.
March 27th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I only play basketball. But, I love it.

Joey_951
March 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM
tae kwon do im blue belt right now

Doppelgänger
March 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I run on the track team at my High School. I also use to play basketball.

TheUltimateSacrifice
March 28th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Athletics - the purest of all sports.

ILoveDragonite
March 28th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Cross country (running)
Basketball (I'm rather new and not very good yet, but i can jump high!)
100 meter dash
And i like to jump off buildings for fun if that counts. (No i don't youtube it, although, should I?)

GaggliusHacks
March 29th, 2010, 02:58 AM
pokemon lol........how lame :D

twocows
March 29th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I did gymnastics when I was really young, but I stopped sometime in elementary school. I played ice hockey from about age 5 to age 15. I also participated in the school's orchestra program until I graduated; I haven't bothered with it at GVSU, though.

Uh, what information? All she said was "I swim competitively," it's not like she made an argument or anything.

~Trebuh~
March 29th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I play Basketball every other day.
I can swim and play badminton too. :)

Becki
March 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Swim for sure! Its the best thing ever, besides vollyball and baseball lol

sgspacemonkey
March 29th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Trying to do more sports to keep myself fit. Been playing badminton for a while now, but I really want to get into running or something. (Actually I'd like to do archery or sword fighting, but it's very hard to find decent clubs where you can learn cool stuff.)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 29th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I was never physically fit enough to do sports, I was, however, on the high school math team if that counts :P

Damiano
March 29th, 2010, 11:45 AM
I've played Football since I was about 6, been playing Hockey since I was 11 and been playing Basketball for about 2 years. I used to play tennis, badminton, cricket and used to do athletics.

Shiny Shaymin
March 30th, 2010, 08:18 AM
I'm not very... "athletically coordinated"... but I'm pretty good at hockey, I've been playing it since I was 7. But that's the only sport I'm good at.

Saltare.
March 30th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'm not very athletic(haha).

But I do play soccer. I might sign up for lacross though. I do race at the BMX track on Saturdays sometimes

ILoveDragonite
March 30th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I'm not very athletic(haha).

But I do play soccer. I might sign up for lacross though. I do race at the BMX track on Saturdays sometimes
Participation doesn't matter. Do you win the races >=D

Zoeyluver
March 30th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I play soccer for my club (girls)
I skate sometimes with my friends aswell

Dukey
March 30th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I play Rugby and variations of it for my club.
Suppose I do athletics too, but that's just training for the school carnivals etc.

Brendino
March 31st, 2010, 01:35 AM
The only sports that I've participated in a competitive environment were golf and baseball. I'm quite proud of the fact that I was chosen for my area's Little League World Series qualifying team in my first year of organized playing. I wish I would have stuck with it, but I was just so stubborn back then. I also like to play hockey (street or floor hockey... I can't skate for the life of me), both kinds of football, and pretty much anything that doesn't involve an excess amount of running :P

ILoveDragonite
March 31st, 2010, 02:30 AM
golf

training for the school carnivals

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
trapeze artist and someone calling golf a sport!
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LULLLLLLLLLLL
LMAOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMAO
LULLLLLLLLLLLLLL

StarryLatiasGirl
April 1st, 2010, 05:15 PM
I guess martial arts is a sport. xD I've been taking taekwondo for 7/8 years now, and I've gotten up to 2nd Degree Black belt and even instructed at one point (before I went to college, of course).

For other exercise, I also love hiking (both casual and serious mountain hiking), and running is fun, even though I can't run for very long due to a knee injury I got in taekwondo a few years back.

~Starry

lx_theo
April 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM
I play, and have played for a long time, HOCKEY!

Mattysaurus
April 2nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
I play football. I'm short and fast so I'm a runningback.

I'm not able to take a hit easily though. >_>

Human
April 2nd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hockey, but I look football too. :rambo:

Reina
April 2nd, 2010, 04:46 PM
Martial Arts, Jui Jitsu (sp?) since I was eight, and fencing! Assuming that counts. I do love to fence ^^

thedestinedblade
April 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
I play soccer/football. I played baseball as a kid, and even flag football once too. Stuck with soccer though. It's what I'm best at.

Aureol
April 2nd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Martial Arts, Jui Jitsu (sp?) since I was eight, and fencing! Assuming that counts. I do love to fence ^^

OMG, you fence too??? What weapons? I use foil and sabre, but I'm not so good at sabre anymore...

Ichigo_Kurosaki
April 3rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
I used to do swim team, but I realize competitive swimming sucks :D
Now I play basketball :D

How could you?!
*cuts in half*

dancingonlandmines
April 3rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Me and friend are training for cross country next year simply so we can make our history teacher crazy.

ILoveDragonite
April 3rd, 2010, 03:14 PM
Me and friend are training for cross country next year simply so we can make our history teacher crazy.
Lol schools always deserted on cross country day.

Danick
April 3rd, 2010, 03:23 PM
Football(soccer), BJJ, great great stuff, but I love all sports.

Binary
April 3rd, 2010, 03:30 PM
I play football a.k.a soccer most of the time. I also like cricket. Bleh..I like every sport.

.EJ
April 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
I play basketball quite often. Usually around 4-5 times a week =]

tomylee1
April 8th, 2010, 10:59 PM
i mostly play cricket.
its my favorite.

zappyspiker
April 8th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Just about anything : Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Roller Hockey, Cross Country, bowling - and the list goes on...

Sotto Voce
April 9th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Rock climbing, archery, and softball.
If I could, I would play hockey too, but I suck at skating and I am SO NOT aggressive enough (very timid person)--I say once in a while "If I could go back and play any sport, I would play hockey and softball." My friends and teachers laugh at me.
A lot. ^^;

JustinHolmes
April 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Play basketball with my dad sometimes! Does that count?

Wuchuhurd
April 9th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I play basketball quite often. Usually around 4-5 times a week =]

this. been doing this for pretty much my whole life. Not a big fan of organized sports, I prefer street ball that way the rules are more flexible and the trash talking much less moderated. Im the type you would love to have on your team but hate to play against. Getting under peoples skin and messing with their mind is my specialty :^D

im pretty much down to play anything though, im a huge sports junkie. Even when I play pokemon, I have to have a "star player" and make sure it doesnt faint at any point in the game or I start over, lol

Izanagi
April 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I really dislike sports, but I play soccer at my school because I'm mandated to play at least one. I'm pretty good at it. Lead defense for at least 7 years now.

JaaykiiD2o1
April 9th, 2010, 07:13 PM

As for me I tan daily, I consider that a sport of its own and if thats not good enough, I am a proffesional fist bumper.

I can TELL that your not the real snooki.

oh and its called Fist P-umper... not Bumper.

EDIT: I Play Baseball after school with friends and in the baseball team in my Minor League and at my School team.

Silver
April 9th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I play the best sport in the world ever, Ultimate Frisbee. I cannot describe how amazing this game is to me. Other than that I enjoy pickup soccer, and tennis.

Eeohnex
April 9th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I did swimming, water polo and soccer in high school. Currently, I don't play any sports.

Druid
April 9th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Badminton, bowling (if that counts), walking, and other stuff.
I used to do archery but I kinda stopped going to my club a while back... I still have my arrows... If I get the chance, I want to start playing tennis. I sometimes like volleyball, but I don't play it if I can do something else.

Yeah, not one for the team sports XD. The most I can play with is a partner or else I'll be useless, I dunno. I wish I got more time to do sports, but I'm trying not to get too far behind in school, which I've been doing lately. D:

Alseatao
April 9th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I love basketball right now, but also love Tennis and Badminton. Was on the school team for all 3 of these :D.

♣Gawain♣
April 9th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Badminton, swimming and target shooting. I'm also very good a karate(which in fact I'm a green belt).

OokamiShipper
April 10th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Soccer...but I'm not that good at it anymore. xP

Dawg 2005
April 10th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I only play football.

American football.

I'm not very good, though. :)

bolmy
April 10th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I mountain bike. 4X and downhill mainly, I can't be bothered with the whole uphill side of things.
Saying that I run cross country for fitness and swim occasionally too.

EmeraldSerenade
April 10th, 2010, 09:27 AM
right now, im training up for cross country in high school.
i do 5/10k runs

Hybrid Trainer
April 10th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I used to do Athletics, mostly long jumo and long didtance
But i moved house and it was to far to go to training and i cant be bothered to go.

zerwey
April 10th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Basketball FTW :D

I also like running and I'm pretty good at baseball.

Tonda
April 11th, 2010, 02:03 AM
I have a horse, and used to ride competitively. But then I realised that waiting outside rain, hail, dust, wind or shine for 3+ hours sucks, so now I just ride for fun. I used to play grass hockey for school too, but finished school and havent played since, lol.

Misheard Whisper
April 11th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I'm in my fourth year of badminton right now, not counting the 'gap year' I took last year. Before that, I played soccer for four years, but I was never really any good at it. I always ended up in goal because I was the only one soft enough to allow myself to get cajoled into it. Then of course it was my fault when we lost. :L

Darkgate
April 11th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I like CRICKET!!!!!!!
I can hit Sixes!!! :)

HaloSonic
April 11th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I like CRICKET!!!!!!!
I can hit Sixes!!! :)
dang, i was about to say the same thing... well sorta. when i used to play for my school, I was a fast bowler, but my batting is the quality of a No. 12 T_T..

Binary
April 11th, 2010, 07:26 AM
I just came home after playing cricket all day long. My whole body is tired.

Azonic
April 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I like Pokemon, I don't play any sports

lalalalala buut srsly I play nadar tenis and basquetbol. I'm sweaty right now from a match, someone poke me