PDA

View Full Version : Windows Movie Maker Issues

Tsutarja
March 27th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Hello,

I am running Windows XP and when I try to import an mp3 file into Windows Movie Maker, I get this message:

C:\Documents and Settings\Zach\My Documents\My Music\Ryan Farish\Selected works\04 Angel.mp3 could not be imported. The selected file is not valid or is corrupted.

This happens on every mp3 I import and only started doing this suddenly about two months ago. :\

Any help is appreciated. :D

robobbiebob
March 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM
any other audio types you can import? if not id suggest getting sony vegas its pretty much the same but with alot od exrtas and isnt picky on what fiile types it can use

twocows
March 28th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Hello,

I am running Windows XP and when I try to import an mp3 file into Windows Movie Maker, I get this message:

This happens on every mp3 I import and only started doing this suddenly about two months ago. :\

Any help is appreciated. :D
Try this link and see if you can find any answers. You may want to consider upgrading to Windows Vista or Windows 7, as Windows XP is reaching the end of its support cycle, and Vista and 7 both support the superior "Windows Live Movie Maker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_Movie_Maker)." Windows Movie Maker is rather outdated and does not support MP3s well.

any other audio types you can import? if not id suggest getting sony vegas its pretty much the same but with alot od exrtas and isnt picky on what fiile types it can use
Vegas isn't free, it costs a lot of money.

GaggliusHacks
March 31st, 2010, 01:33 PM
when i edit video after a while it closes randomly 0.o

Spinor
March 31st, 2010, 02:29 PM
Still with XP, ey? Well, the old Movie Maker has had its bugs. I recommend you use Live Movie Maker instead. It's also got its own set of bugs, but it's definitely better in terms of efficiency.

TrinityLimit
April 1st, 2010, 07:17 AM
Your better off using a Window Media Audio file instead of MP3's
just copy your music from a cd to your computer and use those files.

WMM has a hard time supporting mp3s...when i use them, the music always skips and it gets annoying..

Tsutarja
April 1st, 2010, 07:14 PM
I have been forced with using wav's by default for iTunes stuff and wma's for songs I get off of CDs. As for me still on XP, I use programs that are not compatible with Vista/7 and XP Mode on 7 is only available on Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional as I only have 7 HP. :(

As for which OS's I run, I run XP, Vista, and 7. xD