View Full Version : Did you make an introduction/welcome thread?

March 28th, 2010, 10:08 AM
So yeah basically did you make an introduction/welcome thread when you joined PC?

For me no.
I just thought I'd dive in and get posting. XD

Also if you leave for more than a month do you make a re-welcome thread?

Captain Hobo.
March 28th, 2010, 10:33 AM
No, I don't think I did. For the frist 2 weeks I was on this forum I didn't post. Then, I just started posting.

March 28th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I made one. Not sure if I posted in other threads first.

March 28th, 2010, 10:43 AM
No, I didn't.

I didn't realize I could back then. Meh, I made friends anyway.

March 28th, 2010, 10:45 AM
No.... I wasn't on here much and then I got kind of addicted to PC around December =/ because of all the posting stuff I do.

March 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Nope i kinda just read the rules and started posting did not really see the need too :3

March 28th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I probably did and never checked it again xD

March 28th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Nah, I usually skip intros. It's just not my thing, I guess.

March 28th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I did, since the New Users threads was the first thing I saw when I joined.

March 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I know I did, but I can't remember if it was my first thread or if I did some posting in the RP section first. >_<

It was fairly well-received given the total number of active users back in the early days of the forum...too bad none of my five or so "coming back from a long leave of absence" threads in the interim 7 years got that much attention. >_>

March 28th, 2010, 1:19 PM
No, I just posted in an older incarnation of the new users thread. I never make welcome threads either. It's nice to have a new users place, but it doesn't need to be a whole section with a thread for everyone, imo.

March 28th, 2010, 2:01 PM
Yes I did. When I joined I think there was a little header at the top of the page that said new users should make one so I decided that was the best thing to do.

There was a time where I left for a little over a month, but instead of making a re-welcome thread I just posted in the leave/absence thread. I don't remember why though.

Lady Gaga
March 28th, 2010, 3:53 PM
A day or two after I joined, I made a thread in the New Users place, bit it wasnt to introduce myself. It was to ask a question about how to do something XD

March 29th, 2010, 5:25 PM
I never even realized there was a "New User" section on PC until two months after I joined. xD. So no

Conan Edogawa
March 29th, 2010, 5:39 PM
No and no. I didn't bother because the people that greet you don't actually talk to you much after. So it wasn't really worth it.

March 29th, 2010, 5:50 PM
It was my first thread here. :'D Honestly it took me awhile to make because I was so shy about making a thread on such a large forum.

And of course I looked like a noob, haha. Then again I guess I was back then.

March 29th, 2010, 7:33 PM
No, I was on a mission to learn about rom hacking, I had no time for introduction threads XD

March 29th, 2010, 7:46 PM
No, I came here just for rom-hacks but then got addicted somehow here and started to post. /../.

March 29th, 2010, 7:58 PM
Why, yes, I did make a thread for myself in the New Users Area. (b'-')b Wasn't that exciting, though.

Also, I don't make return threads for extended absences.

March 29th, 2010, 8:52 PM
Haha, I remember when I made my introduction thread. 2 years to be exact, I made the thread like a couple days after I joined.

I didn't make a return thread when I left PC for like a couple months though.

Jude Mathis
March 29th, 2010, 8:59 PM
Actually no, no I did not. xD;

I was pretty new to forums when I joined PC, and this place is pretty big, so I doubt I even realized there was a place for intro threads when I first joined. I just started posting around in areas that amused me, without realizing that I hadn't made an introduction. Irony.

March 29th, 2010, 9:04 PM
I made one back when I used horrible grammar.

I totally found mine still. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68446)

The title of the thread is like that because my first ever username was Rogue, as in Rogue from the X-Men.

March 29th, 2010, 9:44 PM
I did! I didn't wanna come into something without being welcome lol

March 29th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Turns out I did, and looking back, I was a completely different person compared to what I'm like now XD

March 29th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I did, but nobody posted in it :(

Haha kidding, it doesn't bother me. Still, I try to post in any 0-reply threads for others.

March 30th, 2010, 1:28 AM
Nope, kinda wish I did though, would have been so much fun to look back upon.

I remember talking to my friends sometime ago and they just...hated theirs. "God I was such a n00b" they'd say. Well...it just seems like a defining moment where you first venture PC, so looking back upon it would be quite interesting.

March 30th, 2010, 1:30 AM
a couple of days after I joined then I made one

March 30th, 2010, 6:47 AM
I did indeed make an intro. =) I had forgot about PC for two days though, so I made it when I came back two days after joining. xD Then I went inactive a couple of times, but I didn't feel the need to make another intro topic.

March 30th, 2010, 7:24 AM
yep. i did.... but then i disappeared for a few months.
i think i got a few replies :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 30th, 2010, 8:43 AM
Yeah, I made a welcome thread and maybe seven or eight people posted in it.

I have never been gone for more than a month, so the second question doesn't apply. How could I possibly leave PC for that long? :3

Cold Fusion
March 30th, 2010, 8:48 AM
Yes, I did, and now that I look back at it, it was such an embarressing thread. I sounded ever so noobish. XD; I'm glad I never have to go back to it. As for leaving, I have posted one, because I was busy at the time, but otherwise I don't think I'll have to do another one.

March 30th, 2010, 9:28 AM
Yes, yes I did. I made it a while after I joined, though :p

March 30th, 2010, 7:31 PM
Yesh, I did make a noobishly cool welcome thread when I first started out.
I even got a few replies. Yay for me..xD.

March 30th, 2010, 7:41 PM
I never got around to it, even when I was inactive for a month and could make a reintroduction(?) thread.
I kinda regret it :[

Edward Elric
March 31st, 2010, 3:18 PM
Yup I did, right away actually. It's something I usually do first when I join a new forum.

March 31st, 2010, 3:21 PM
No, because I couldn't find out how to post at the time XD (FAIL). I forgot how I found out though...but I've gotten used to it, so now I try to post whenever I get on.

April 2nd, 2010, 6:35 AM
Yep, on my very first account. Too bad the people who posted are not active anymore though.

April 2nd, 2010, 6:45 AM
Yep. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=170057)

I was quite proud of my introduction thread, and I was pleased with how many replies I got ^^

April 2nd, 2010, 6:48 AM
First thing I did. XD; I love looking back on it because it shows how much things have changed. Really glad I posted one.

They call me Brandon Lee
April 2nd, 2010, 10:36 AM
This is an alternate account for one I've been using for about a year, but yes, I did indeed make a welcome thread. I only got 4 replies though :x

April 2nd, 2010, 3:51 PM
Indeed I did. I made a welcome thread a few hours after I first signed up, and I think that was my first post as well. That got about 14 unique replies, so I felt pretty welcomed. It's fun to re-read that thread to see how shy I was back then and how much more mature I have become. XD Unfortunately, I don't think any of the posters there are currently active, though some lurk every now and then.

I also made threads for the two times I came back from long PC hiatuses. They didn't garner as much attention as my first thread, but nonetheless I'm thankful people took the time to welcome me back.

April 2nd, 2010, 4:05 PM
Yup. I did. And it was probably half the reason why I stuck to this place, because this place was there I got the most comments in my introduction place. Seeing how friendly this place was, I started posted and viola~ ♥

April 2nd, 2010, 4:34 PM
First thing I did. XD; I love looking back on it because it shows how much things have changed. Really glad I posted one.

Wow, you managed to write all that when you were a newbie? XD

My original introduction thread is long gone (purged along with the rest of the old database), but it was so simple, stoic, and to-the-point that I can still remember it almost verbatim.

hi there. My name is Tommy Black. I'm 15 years old and I love Pokemon...and women... :)

you may laugh at the horrible affliction of the n00b disease that afflicted me during my teenage years. XD

piece of something
April 2nd, 2010, 6:39 PM
i honestly don't remember if i did but i think its kinda pointless when people can just send you a PM if they wanna get to know you

April 4th, 2010, 8:34 AM
No, I just started logging in last month even though I registered like 2 years ago, and I didn't need to Introduce myself. Just drove into the forums and started posting.

April 4th, 2010, 3:57 PM
I know for a fact that my first post (on the old PC) was an intro thread. It said something like "hi im new here" or something stupid like that.
On this PC I made an intro thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=235), but me no knows if it was my first post on here. I was already an S-Mod at the time so my first post might have been in a Staff forum.

April 4th, 2010, 4:07 PM
I never made one. XD I jumped right in...sorta. I didn't talk to anyone. I just looked at stuff and posted thoughts. And then I made the ever-so-popular Pokemon Special club along with friends. I didn't need the welcome thread imo.

April 5th, 2010, 11:51 PM
No, but my first few threads got locked and were offtopic... so one of them kinda counted as an intro thread, because members were welcoming me. XD;

April 6th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Yup, on my old account in 2008, on this account in 2009, and again in 2010 on this account as a "I'm back" sort of thing.

April 6th, 2010, 8:38 AM

I wish I would have though but, a bit too late for that.

April 6th, 2010, 9:02 AM
Nah. Never cared to. I just wanted to get into the section I joined for, so I hardly entered any other area of PC for almost a year anyways. XD