PDA

View Full Version : Are you at spelling?

Captain Hobo.
March 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM
So, are you? Well, I am okay at spelling.

Mattysaurus
March 28th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I am great at spelling. Everything I do, I always check my spelling.

Sometimes, I misspell something and I don't find out. Oh well!:U

Pazuru
March 28th, 2010, 11:04 AM
title is missing a word

Eh. I'm decent at spelling. Can't say I'm the greatest, but I don't suck at it either.

Tree_x
March 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
i am god awful you would not be able to tell on here because i know how to use a spell checker but catch me writing like a letter to someone oh it is bad....

Timbjerr
March 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I'm fairly good at spelling, PC's spell check rarely catches anything funny, and it usually is just a typo.

Team Fail
March 28th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I'll get the occasional typo, but my spelling is fairly good. Usually, if a word is new to me, I'll use the spell check on Word, but other than that, my spelling is really good.

Forever
April 5th, 2010, 11:58 PM
lol sillypillz.

Idk, my spelling has gotten worse since I've used the Internet and there's still a few words I know I spell wrong but I do it anyway. XD;

Yusshin
April 6th, 2010, 12:02 AM
I was supposed to be in a Spelling Bee in Grade 5, but I didn't have a ride so I missed it :s I was also the only kid in grade 2 that could spell "apostrophe", and the only kid in grade 7 who could spell "antidisestablishmentarianism" and "floccinaucinihilipilification".

I'm superb at spelling, and I'm a grammar Nazi.

curiousnathan
April 6th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I am pretty good spelling and grammar, but sometimes I make a few mistakes. Everyone does. It is only natural.

WonderGirl
April 6th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Holy flip Yusshin, what in the world does that mean?? :O I smell alien!!

I'd say I'm pretty good, at least compared to most people. Sometimes I just feel like writing slang, but when I have to write something formal or important, I make it right.

Galukxy
April 6th, 2010, 06:01 AM
I'm alright at spelling, it's grammar I usually have a problem with.

.hack
April 6th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I'm pretty good at spelling, the only proper mistakes I make when it comes to spelling are either exceedingly hard words or just typos.

deathcase
April 6th, 2010, 06:22 AM
i'm actually rather good at spelling and grammar in general. i might make a few mistakes here and there, but english isn't my first language, so i guess i can use that as an excuse.

Tox
April 6th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I'm up in the top 5% for spelling and grammar in Ireland. :3 I'm pretty good at it usually. I make a typo every now and then though. If my mind wanders when I'm writing something, I could also make a mistake with grammar or something.

donavannj
April 6th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I have a pretty high level of spelling ability. When I enter data on computers, though, I tend to make a ton of typos because of my typing speed, though I usually catch most of them through the spell-checkers and my own eye.

Vital
April 6th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Pretty good at spelling myself. It's grammar that I have a grudge with. xD

Saltare.
April 6th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I'm good at spelling words that don't exist. Words that do exist, not so much.

I remember in elementary school, If you could spell Mississippi, you were instantly the smartest kid in the class.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
April 6th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I'm pretty good at spelling and if I can pronounce it I can probably spell it...
I'm also a grammar Nazi, but English isn't my first language.

daigonite
April 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I am so at spelling. Seriously.

Cassino
April 6th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I'm merely as good as people are supposed to be, but aren't. Ironically I did poorly in English at school.

As an aside, I have to wonder how many staffers have eyed up the title, laughed at it and proceeded to make no amendment.

Missingno.7-4468
April 6th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I am usually pretty good at spelling, but I constantly make typos, both on the computer and in writing. Occasionally, though, a few words stump me.

I'm usually pretty good at grammar though(One of the top 2 in my class), even though I absolutely HATE it.

Klippy
April 6th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I'm a pretty good speller.

Spell check does come in handy sometimes, even though I'd prefer to use it less. It really is a cripple on your brain power. ):

Yusshin
April 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Holy flip Yusshin, what in the world does that mean?? :O I smell alien!!

Antidisestablishmentarianism: To be against the disestablishment of the church

Floccinaucinihilipilification: The state of being worth next to or of nothing

Most people say that antidisestablishmentarianism is the longest word they know of. I know the medical term for volcanic ash in the lungs is one of the longest :s but it ends in "microscopicivolcaniconius" or something like that. I never really looked at the word; it starts with pneu (representing the lungs), though.

[Edit]

Here it is:

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

I got 1/2 of it right lol which is good, considering I saw it once about five years ago and remembered it to this date :s

Melody
April 6th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I am pretty good at spelling. Though usually I use the spell checker within Firefox to keep on top of myself whenever I do make a mistake. :P

That being said, I do tend to misspell some words consistently, but I let the spell checker catch those and correct them before hitting "Post" usually. :P

Shakespeare
April 6th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Not bragging in this post, but yes, I'm actually the best in the class <3

Some words such as "definitley" catch me out, though 8-/

Title is missing a word in the middle

Yusshin
April 6th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Not bragging in this post, but yes, I'm actually the best in the class <3

Some words such as "definitley" catch me out, though 8-/

I made a thing for that.

defi-nite-ly

:s I always think of it that way, and it works lol kinda like "together" became to-get-her, when I was in grade 3.

Kon~
April 6th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I'm fairly good at spelling. Well, pretty good. I'm a good speller. I'm also quite the grammar enthusiast, which is why the title is bugging me so, but I would agree that I check my spelling meticulously.

Code
April 6th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I'm great at spelling, but on forums I deliberately misspell things cause I can. And it's fun.

The title makes no
XD

TrinityLimit
April 6th, 2010, 02:03 PM
i'm okay at spelling. but i have good vocabulary i think... haha

Saryka
April 6th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I guess I could say I'm a good speller. I get really OCD about proper spelling and grammar and such, so I make sure that my spelling's alright in whatever I write or type. XD

Lilith
April 6th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah; I could have won my middle school's spelling bee but I dropped out by intentionally misspelling something. Hated the pressure or hated the feeling of 'okay I passed but next round I may be screwed with akjdeldelerology or something' mkay. 8|

Binary
April 6th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I think I'm good enough not to make a spelling mistake on any one of my posts. But then again, I don't use any elaborated words and diverse vocabulary in my posts. I used to take part in school competitions though..:/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 6th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I pride myself on my mad spelling skills. Typos are another matter due to my epic fail keyboard, however...

Xairmo
April 6th, 2010, 11:33 PM
So, are you? Well, I am okay at spelling.

You seem to be fine at spelling, though thread title content is a tad bit lacking. Anyways, now that the obligatory side-bar is out of the way, who needs spelling as long as you've got Google?

Zeffy
April 6th, 2010, 11:58 PM
I'm OK at spelling. In 3rd Grade, I was the only one who could spell the word "Dinosaur". I don't know why.

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 7th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Indeed, I am ... at spelling.

I laughed at the chumps swooning on the e-brag opportunity.

oh yuh ell i beat ev1 at interneshunal spilling cump!!!! beet tat!!!

mondays suck
April 8th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I think I'm not good, but ok at spelling. I often happen to have a lot of typos in whatever I write if it isn't by hand, but apart from that, I don't think I misspell things to often.
In elementary school I was always among the best in spelling, i could spell the word "elefant" (which quite obviously translates to elephant) on my first day at school. Of course this doesn't help me at all nowadays where I'm between mediocre and bad (at least I admit it :D) in most subjects (which includes screwing up most of the last years few dictations)...

Jordan
April 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM
For the most part, I am fairly well off with spelling. I don't think I have ever been penalized for spelling in any assignment I've ever written, even ones where I did not have the power of spell check on my side.

Zoeyluver
April 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Me, spelling is okay, least better some people i know.

Aquerex
April 8th, 2010, 06:20 PM
in real life, spelling is EVERYTHING for me

on the internet, i just type whatevers fastest for me to type reguardless of spelling

O ya, the titles missing a word

Caelus
April 10th, 2010, 06:57 AM
I'm pretty good at spelling, even without spell check.

It's usually grammar that I have the most problem with.

EmeraldSerenade
April 10th, 2010, 11:03 AM
i'm okay at spelling... if you give me a word that i've never heard of before, i'll probably get it wrong though >.>

Jak
April 10th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I'm great at spelling...minus the times I don't care. XD Chrome usually catches me sometimes, though. Nothing wrong with making a mistake every once in a while.

Wed-nes-day for Wednesday, btw. ;)

Prince_of_Light
April 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM
English has been my strong suit my whole life. I pick up spelling/grammar/pronunciation super fast. I don't nit-pick with other peoples' spelling unless I'm just playing around though. =P

ShinjisLover
April 10th, 2010, 12:39 PM
. . . Am I what at spelling. .?

I'm an all right speller. But I still have to say thank god for FireFox's built-in Spell Check. There are just some words I can't spell worth crap. XD

Felly
April 10th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I'm good at spelling. There are a few words I'll misspell here and there, but other than that, I'm pretty good at it. I used to get 100s on every spelling test I took in elementary school; I was in advanced/honors English classes all through middle school & my freshman year of high school & I could be in honors English this year if I wanted to be. Heck, I could even have an A in my English class if I wasn't such a slacker. (:

Pokeyomom
April 10th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Spelling? Like standing up in front of the blackboard and shiz? No. I'm good at "spelliping" though. Big difference.

Seriously though... Search engines and spell check take care of everything. Convenience is dumbing us down (or up?). I's doe no.

QuilavaKing
April 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I'm often known as the Grammar Hitler, rather than just a Grammar Nazi, because I'm the best in all the land.

Grammar Nazis do correct spelling, btw.

Lucy Lu
April 10th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I am not a good speller at all. I have to rely on Firefox spell checker to check my spelling. I can spell common words, but the big words I have a bit of trouble. If it wasn't for the spell checker, I will be in trouble for sure. @_@ And I do make typos a lot.

Ardos
April 11th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I'm a pretty good speller, but I do make my mistakes with some words. Like beautiful. (I used auto-speller to spell that right xD)

Sammi
April 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty awful at it, especially longer words. I spell so awful that sometimes even Word can't catch what I'm trying to say. >_<

If I didn't have spellcheck, my posts would look pretty bad. For that, I have to thank Firefox for installing a spellcheck. ^^;;

インフェルノの津波
April 12th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Put it this way: Spelling Bee champion in 5th Grade, 2nd place 7th(was too busy for 6th, after 7th stopped).

Yeah, I'm a nerd. But most stuff was easy to spell, and most people think kids are stupid.