PDA

View Full Version : Daydreaming...

MegaSlowBro.
March 29th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure if there's another thread like this, if so, my humblest apologies.

When/If you daydream, do you stare at something/someone? If, so where? At home, school, etc? I usually daydream at dinner =p while chewing, I stare at the food or the microwave.

Zebeedoo
March 29th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I daydream. A lot. I tend to look at an object straight ahead of me, like the door handle. xD I usualy find myself daydreaming in school the most.

Sneeze
March 29th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I never stare at anything specifically just stare of into the most convenient bit of space in front of me.

ILoveDragonite
March 29th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I daydream tons i just stare at whatever happens to be there but i'm not actually aware of what i'm looking at. Sometimes i accidently start staring at someone and they ask me to stop.

Tree_x
March 29th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I daydream tons i just stare at whatever happens to be there but i'm not actually aware of what i'm looking at. Sometimes i accidently start staring at someone and they ask me to stop.

Haha i remember one time i was zoned out on a day dream and i just so happened to be in the direction of this guy and he comes over to me and hes like so i noticed you looking at me interested totally ruining my train of thought! and i was like huh? no! i was day dreaming sorry

Moltres111
March 29th, 2010, 03:22 PM
yeah, I daydream.

Usually when i'm at school and i'm really bored. I just stare at something.

I can't really see what i'm looking at though.. my thoughts gets in my way, so I don't really pay attention to what my eyes are seeing. =p

reyzn
March 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I daydream in class and when I'm driving :S.
I usually stare ahead and it can freak my friends out if they think I'm creeping on them xD

.little monster
March 29th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I daydream a lot. Usually just about random pointless things.

But I hate when I am staring at someone and I don't realize it. Then when I become alive again, they are looking at me like.."The hell?"

Team Fail
March 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I tend to daydream when I'm tired, namely in school, because nothing exciting happens. I'll stare at the most pointless things, like my pencil or a word on the paper in front of me. Then, I'll snap out of it and everything seems so...... trippy..... dude...... I really need to get more sleep (That also means I should go to bed a little earlier).
*yawn*

BHwolfgang
March 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
I used to daydream so much in 5th grade that my teacher would make a nasty remark for every time I do.

After that, I stopped. It happens to other people, though. I always catch one person staring into space... while staring at me.

Koope
March 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I daydream in school ... alot >.>
I also happen to daydream when I listen to music alot, half the time I don't even relize I'm doing it .. It's kinda like I'm half asleep >.>

It's really awkward when I relize I'm staring at someone .. especially when they are looking back at me lmao.

Throat
March 29th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Sometimes I start to think to myself, I think I just have an empty look in the eye.

Droidz
March 29th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Why do my daydreams end before the really sexy part?

Okay seriously,I'm usually looking at somebody when im daydreaming even though it has nothing to do with that person i just have a habit of doing it.

Ayselipera
March 29th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I really don't think anyone daydreams more then me. While I do listen in school I usually end up incorporating whatever I'm learning into a daydream. I'd say I daydream the most when I go into my bed at the end of the day. I just sit there and think of all sorts of things until I fall asleep and then I end up actually dreaming about my daydreams.

Also no I don't stare at people while I'm off in thought~

Prince_of_Light
March 30th, 2010, 09:48 AM
"Daydreaming" and "zoning out" are two separate deals, imo.

Like, daydreaming is something you're imagining while not paying attention and zoning out is when you're just out of it.

I daydream about my girlfriend allllll the time. =P I also daydream songs playing in my head, that's always fun. And I've zoned out at a few awkward times, lol. Nothing too bad though, most times it's when people assume I'm staring. Thankfully that doesn't happen too often.

TrinityLimit
March 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Why do my daydreams end before the really sexy part?

lmao, that is so true o_o

I daydream quite a bit... I have so many things going on in my head..
I Zone Out equally as much as i day dream. I get snapped at way too much when i zone out because im most likely not paying attention..

Heart's Soul
March 30th, 2010, 11:03 AM
When I daydream, I pretty much zone out. My eyes blank, my stare endless, and I never move them. Nobody notices though, yay for school!

michele
March 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
daydreaming makes up about 95% of my day. i'm not really sure if i just stare at someone or not - i never notice. x]

Zorua
March 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I completely zone out. It's not a matter of even daydreaming anymore, because I block out literally everything around me. XD

Saltare.
March 30th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I daydream all the time. Today in social studies, I was daydreaming and I asked the teacher to repeat what she said and she was like "You weren't paying attention?" and I was like "Yeah," and she was like "Why?" so my response was, "I was daydreaming because your class is so boring."

I got detention for that...haha.

But I love to daydream. It gives me ideas to write when I get home from school.

Jordan
March 30th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I zone out frequently and usually without ever noticing that I did, and quite often I'll have no memory of it afterwards...XD; Usually, looking out the window into the sky or the greenery is my preferred destination of the daydream glare. The times that I zone out usually begins with a deep thought that interests me more than whatever the current situation is.

SereneMidnight
March 30th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I usually do it at school when I'm really bored, and willing to kill some time by pretending to look at the whiteboard. I usually think about my future projects into my fanfic series, Advent: Legacy. I usually think about spinoffs to the third episode to find out how this character came to be or how the main characters got to Kyoto, Japan in the distant future... *starts daydreaming. Back in 5 minutes*

Team Fail
March 30th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I daydream all the time. Today in social studies, I was daydreaming and I asked the teacher to repeat what she said and she was like "You weren't paying attention?" and I was like "Yeah," and she was like "Why?" so my response was, "I was daydreaming because your class is so boring."

I got detention for that...haha.

But I love to daydream. It gives me ideas to write when I get home from school.

lol, so wish I could do that. Apart from what I said earlier...

Ahem.... *Clears throat*

I sometimes zoom out at times and I'll have different things in my head...

Next idea for my rom hack...

Ooooh.... That's a good song...

Oooooh, HG music on the mind, what should I recite (lol I memorized 90% of them)

How's my forum going? Hope I got new members today... (I actually haven't, and don't think I will)

What's happening on PokeCommunity?

Hey... That pattern in the celing looks like a triangle! And that one looks like a square! lol

How many steps do I have on my Pokewalker?

What will play on my DS after school? Or should I go have a snack? Or walk the dog?

...Why is that person looking at me funny?

And I snap out of it. Yeah, many things go through my mind in a day.

Binary
March 30th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I rarely daydream. Even when I do, the most common place is at school. It's random what I look at when I daydream.

Mattysaurus
March 30th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I don't daydream, I dream.

I tend to fall asleep if it's really boring. Though sometimes, I zone out.

Melody
March 30th, 2010, 07:29 PM
When I daydream I usually don't need to stare at one object. I can pretend to be paying attention fairly well.

However, if I really need to do some heavy thinking and don't want to hide that fact, I do try to look as if I'm really thinking. Usually people will pause when I do that and allow me the time to reflect on what's being said.

sgspacemonkey
March 31st, 2010, 04:04 AM
I daydream almost all the time, absolutely anywhere, and I tend to look down or stare into any empty space when I am. Once at school, I was absolutely bored in maths and was looking straight ahead but daydreaming again, and the teacher thought the whole time I had been listening really intently. They ended up praising me for paying attention the whole way through the lesson when I hadn’t been lol. It’s a pretty good skill though, to appear to be listening when you’re not.

I love daydreaming, I’m a really creative person and I like to come up with new fantasy stories and game design ideas in my head. I especially like walking ahead of people just to be by myself, that way I can empty my mind and indulge in my fantasy worlds again. The problem is, other people don’t realise, and it always irritates me when they think I’m being miserable because I’m not talking much. I just have an over-active mind and need a lot of peace and quiet to process everything.

Bluerang1
April 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM
On bus journeys as I currently have to music so have to make my own entertainment in my head. It also makes me consider my surroundings more... boo!

Fearless Love
May 2nd, 2010, 12:51 AM
I daydream a lot. Mainly at school or when i'm listening to music. Occasionaly I'll stare at one particualr object, but then my teachers know im not listening. Usually I'm looking all around the room, so I do that when i'm daydreaming too.

FaithInMe
May 2nd, 2010, 01:20 AM
Ive somehow managed to perfect the art of daydreaming while continuing to do whatever task I was doing beforehand.
It happens most at work.
Ill be working away, drift off inside my head, but still maintain my work ethic.
Its kinda weird actually :/

Ninja Caterpie
May 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
I daydream when I don't have anything I can do. Such times are when I'm trying to fall asleep, when I'm in the shower (sometimes) and when I'm in a car or train.

Guillermo
May 2nd, 2010, 01:58 AM
I end up staring at stupid things and not blinking for ages, and that's zoning out. I don't daydream.

Katie_Q
May 2nd, 2010, 02:45 AM
I've been told I day dream to much, and I agree. Haha but it's fun. I even have this whole awesome world I created, and I visit it every day. But I usually try to avoid day dreaming until I'm in bed, or in a boring situation. But I can daydream while doing something else, as long as it doesn't require to much attention. e.g washing the dishes.

Though the other day in a maths exam I was just thinking (it was also my last day at that school that i've been going to for almost 7 years) and kinda daydreaming, while writing all the answers. I looked over the test when I relized, and I had been doing it properly. Pretty cool

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 2nd, 2010, 04:51 AM
For me, daydreaming usually involves my mind wandering randomly, then me closing my eyes, so it's easy for me to go from daydreaming to actually dozing off. And when you doze off, the task at hand never seems to get done...

Reina
May 2nd, 2010, 05:57 AM
I daydream far too often ._.; I find that when I'm in class or something my mind will wander, and I'll end up staring at something in the room, and more often than not it ends up being at a person, and it's a touch awkward when I realize I've been staring at someone for a few minutes straight.

KillehKiwi
May 2nd, 2010, 06:18 AM
Haha~ I daydream a lot.
Usually in school, when I'm on the phone, or waiting for something.
I mostly stare at... nothing. My eyes unfocas, and I just... stare. It's kind of funny when it looks like I'm staring at someone. ;D

Chiku Hamasaki
May 2nd, 2010, 06:58 AM
Day dream. Glad most of my classes don't have many windows. That's when i usually lose myself. Like during PE, i'll just go outside and start from there. xD AH<3 the wonders of life.

Kenpari
May 2nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
I usually turn my head slightly to the left and just sit there with my hand on my chin and stare at whatever it is that's in front of where my head is turned. I normally try to avoid staring at people.

Narcissus Secret
May 2nd, 2010, 07:41 PM
I tend to stare blankly into space... I usually look off to the distance. If I'm inside, I look outside if I can. Sometimes I just put my head down.

Hantsuki
May 2nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I do sometimes, especially when reading a book and so when I come back into reality, I curse to myself because I have to reread whatever I read since I had no idea what I was reading.

I tend to call it an out-of-body experience as an excuse when someone is talking to me or when someone reminds me that they told me something before.

Nagisa
May 2nd, 2010, 08:03 PM
I day dream all the time.
I day dream once about Kingdom Hearts, Detective Conan, and Clannad :3
& alot of other things. But I once day dreamed about Tarzan :3, it was a fun adventure.

Future Arceus
May 3rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
I daydream too. Usually, I try to look at my feet or something. Otherwise it gets embarrassing when you're just staring at someone for a really long time while your mind not all there!

Honest
May 3rd, 2010, 01:04 PM
I daydream a little too much. ;; I always zone out in class, then look like an idiot when the teacher picks me. >_>

Anyway, I don't look at anything specific. I just stare at something that isn't moving. xD

Alyssachu
May 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Ohhhh man, I have a very bad habit of daydreaming in school. I have such a hard time focusing and paying attention. It really sucks. Ehhhhh. I normally just pick a "comfortable" part to stare at, and then start thinking. I do it mostly at school. And I do it right before I fall asleep! I lay in bed and start 'daydreaming' about scenarios. XD

Kon~
May 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
I permanantly daydream. I daydream through every lesson, every break, every TV program I'm trying to watch... I even daydream during Pokémon battles.

When I daydream in maths (specifically), I stare out of this one window. My friend likens me to Richmond from The IT Crowd. Youtube him.
(or unspoiler this if you're lazy)
Basically, Richmond is a goth who lives in a cupboard in the IT department. On the rare occasion that he comes out, he'll ususally have some kind of thought or memory, and turn to the camera (staring into the distance) and hold both hands up mysteriously as he recounts his thoughts. Sometimes the other characters follow his gaze to try and see what he is looking at. Once, they just walked away. Richmond said, "Well that's just bloody rude."
Yeah, I do that.

Pass!on
May 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
I daydream a lot. Usually just about random pointless things.

But I hate when I am staring at someone and I don't realize it. Then when I become alive again, they are looking at me like.."The hell?"
This.

Yeah I daydream all the time. Especially in the car or bus when I'm playing music.