View Full Version : "If I sneeze right now, would you push me away?"

March 29th, 2010, 2:05 PM
Whenever you sneeze around your friends, classmates, etc., do you turn the other way?

That being said, do you say "bless you" whenever someone else is sneezing?

March 29th, 2010, 2:19 PM
Well, when its with someone I know well, I just cover my mouth/nose. When its with a family member (especialy my younger bro) I cover my mouth/nose and turn away so they don't catch anything. If I sneeze infront of my dad, he goes "Bless ye!"... lol. If someone else sneezes infront of me. I just pretend I didn't notice.

Cold Fusion
March 29th, 2010, 2:31 PM
When I sneeze I cover my mouth nose area and wash my hands, that's about it. If I don't have an area to wash my hands in, I usually use a tissue, or think "Ewww" if I don't have one. XD As for if someone else sneezes, I usually say "Bless you".

March 29th, 2010, 2:35 PM
When I sneeze, I just turn away sneeze into the inside of my elbow, that way, if I'm doing something with my hands, I won't get it contaminated =p People say bless you, but not all the time. I say it whenever I get the chance =p

March 29th, 2010, 2:43 PM
Naw, I pull one of my arms over my face, to the extent that I sneeze onto my elbow or thereabouts; of course, because the (previously?) advised practice sneezing onto one's hands is unhygienic. I only fully turn away if I'm preparing food.

Given the comeabouts for the phrase 'bless you', I've no reason to say it so don't.

March 29th, 2010, 2:51 PM
I sneeze into my armpit regardless.
I turn/lean to fart, though.

March 29th, 2010, 3:04 PM
I sneeze in my shirt.

And I look up before I sneeze, so people are prepared. ;D

Captain Hobo.
March 29th, 2010, 3:21 PM
Yes, when I sneeze I turn away. And yes I say bless you when someone else sneezes.

March 29th, 2010, 3:33 PM
I sneeze into my elbow and turn away.. I try to warn people though because I sound funny when I sneeze.

March 29th, 2010, 4:36 PM
I always turn away/cover myself when I or another person sneezes. I don't want to get sneezed on and no one else does either so it's just polite.

Sometimes I say gesundheit to people when they sneeze, but not often.

March 29th, 2010, 5:19 PM
I just say bless you. XD

My friend though... well, it was a one time thing, but this is what he did:

This white kid sneezes. My friend just goes like "Yo!" and grabs a random milk carton. Then he puts it on the floor and stomps on it. It blows up on some other kids bookbag, and that kid hits my friend on the head. Hilarious. xD

March 29th, 2010, 6:01 PM
Typically I turn away from what I'm doing, especially at work. I'm trying to at least aim for my shoulder instead of the middle of nowhere. ^^;; I have some awfully bad habits.

99% of the time I'll say "bless you", it's just a habit these days. I'll yell it if someone in another room sneezes and I hear it.

March 29th, 2010, 7:44 PM
Because I'm such a formal and polite person, I will almost always(well usually always) say "bless you" when someone sneezes. It's proper etiquette, y'know. :(

And yes, I definitely turn the other way. Adding on to that, I find people who don't cover their mouths while sneezes really nasty. >>;

March 30th, 2010, 7:16 PM
I always sneeze into my upper sleeve. The fabric dries the germs out quickly so they can't spread.

I always say 'Bless You'. Just that nice. n________________n

March 31st, 2010, 12:41 PM
I just sneezed after reading the topic title. .____.;

I always cover my mouth/ nose, unless I'm holding something. When I can't, I turn away and control the sneeze so it comes out as lots of small ones rather than one big one. + I always say 'bless you'. :3

Edward Elric
March 31st, 2010, 3:25 PM
I say "bless you" automatically when someone sneezes. When I sneeze I turn and cover my mouth.

March 31st, 2010, 6:42 PM
I cover my mouth when sneezing sometimes. I normally say "bless you" when someone sneezes.