PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: An official PC League

FreakyLocz14
March 29th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I know we have various battling Leagues in the Wi-Fi forum, but we should have an official PC League. Various other Pokemon communities do this.

Sora's Nobody
March 29th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Yeah! And the Pc leauges could compete agains each other, like, PC Vs Serebii and PC Vs Bulbapedia

CrashSmAshley
March 29th, 2010, 11:50 PM
That's a great idea! I like the PC vs Bulbapedia lol

NiKaNoRoU
March 30th, 2010, 08:19 AM
'Care to elaborate? What do you mean, get a bunch of people on pc to battle a bunch of people from, eg. Serebii altogether?

...And even if you elaborate, what's the point? which community has stronger teams?
Which means, I personally think that one doesn't need a greater challenge, as it will cause a fuss. What's wrong with the local leagues?

FreakyLocz14
March 30th, 2010, 11:40 PM
'Care to elaborate? What do you mean, get a bunch of people on pc to battle a bunch of people from, eg. Serebii altogether?

...And even if you elaborate, what's the point? which community has stronger teams?
Which means, I personally think that one doesn't need a greater challenge, as it will cause a fuss. What's wrong with the local leagues?

I mean we have our own set of Gyms, E4, and participate in competition with other forums.

PokemonLeagueChamp
March 31st, 2010, 02:25 AM
We already had an official league. It took too long to start up and it died.

Haza
March 31st, 2010, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I was actually planning on being a part of the one that Okutank tried to start up... maybe if we had someone known for battling take charge and keep it active but the first attempt was a total fail. I would love to see us have an active league.

.Gamer
March 31st, 2010, 08:59 AM
Sounds cool but prob won't come to fruition.

SCV058
March 31st, 2010, 09:07 AM
It died because Okutank only allowed Shoddy for testing, and then never responded to test requests. Less Shoddy and more Wi-Fi would help.

Aurafire
March 31st, 2010, 09:12 AM
This was already tried a couple months ago and lost steam quickly, leading to believe that the battling community at PC is in no condition to sustain this sort of project for very long. Maybe when activity picks up during the summer we could try, but seeing as the Battle Stadium is pretty inactive right now, it would probably just fail again =(

It died because Okutank only allowed Shoddy for testing, and then never responded to test requests. Less Shoddy and more Wi-Fi would help.

No, it died because there was a severe lack of interest on everyone's part, not just Luke. The fact that Shoddy was being used for testing has nothing to do with its failing. Why people think Shoddy is the devil compared to Wi-Fi, I will never understand =/

mystletainn
March 31st, 2010, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately I lost interest in the OU tier right after I started that league. Sorry.

Also

STOP USING SHODDY AS A SCAPEGOAT FOR THE PROBLEMS IN THE WI-FI FORUMS!

It extends to certain members who antagonize everyone else, complain about petty things like using legal hacks in battles or post counts or whether a league should be Shoddy or Wi-Fi. They lose focus on what's important: having fun and battling other accomplished battlers. Instead they whine and whine and whine because there's a stupid rule they don't like or someone hax'd them in battle and they want a rematch.

Just stop whining and stop planning so much and stop making so many stupid rules and have fun.

I love run-on sentences.

Alakazam17
March 31st, 2010, 09:42 AM
Unfortunately I lost interest in the OU tier right after I started that league. Sorry.

Also

It extends to certain members who antagonize everyone else, complain about petty things like using legal hacks in battles or post counts or whether a league should be Shoddy or Wi-Fi. They lose focus on what's important: having fun and battling other accomplished battlers. Instead they whine and whine and whine because there's a stupid rule they don't like or someone hax'd them in battle and they want a rematch.

Just stop whining and stop planning so much and stop making so many stupid rules and have fun.I couldn't agree more with this. They're just different methods of battling. :/

On the league, I would like to see one here on PC, and I would do what I could do help, but heh, I don't see it being to active right now. Even if battles could be done on Shoddy or on WiFi, methinks. But if activity over there picks up(presumably as we get closer to the fifth generation), it'll probably become more feasible. ^^

SCV058
March 31st, 2010, 09:45 AM

Also

Just stop whining and stop planning so much and stop making so many stupid rules and have fun.

I love run-on sentences.

Uh...no? xD
I don't care which is which, I am simply saying that the forums are 90% shoddy when its 50/50 shoddy / wi-fi. xD

On topic....
I think an official league would be a good idea, if it had an active leader and active interest.

.тαмєя
March 31st, 2010, 10:58 AM
This Idea sounds actually really cool! Why Not?
If it was mostly Wi-Fi and some shoddy it would be one of the most active threads on the Forum!
The other one only died since they only accepted Shoddy ._.U

BeachBoy
March 31st, 2010, 11:44 AM
and participate in competition with other forums.
About the competitions against other forums: you realize we've had those, right? People challenge us, and we've built "war" teams to take them on, which occurred in the strategy & movesets forum, as it should. As an example: PokéBeach challenged PC mid-late July '09 and we had a pretty fun "forum war," if you asked me. PC won, by the way.

The other one only died since they only accepted Shoddy ._.Read luke's post again. You know: those big words. :|

We're going to keep bringing up this "official" business up time and time again, and it's not going to happen until, as Aura pointed out, Battle Stadium turns around. (It's in terrible shape thanks to a number of factors: one of which is platform (ie. Shoddy) hate, I can't see an official league until that dies, honestly)

The Motisma League almost became the official league when luke's faded away, if you're curious. (but frankly I shot that suggestion down due to the aforementioned factors)

FreakyLocz14
March 31st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Why does it mattter if we hold our battles on Shoddy or on Wi-Fi? As long as people play by the rules there shouldn't be a problem. Legal hacks have no impact on the battle except maybe all Pokemon being shiny so big whoop!

.Gamer
April 3rd, 2010, 07:41 AM
Bulbapedia has a community? lol I didn't even know that. I found something that will pretty much shoot this idea dead in the foot, since Smogon has a league like this too*. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69224) So basically, the best PC can do is aim for second place, because frankly, Smogon are much better battlers than us. But, if it ever does come to life again, it would be cool and we would probably have many participants chomping at the bit.

*Forgive me for linking to another forum.

dr4g0n12
April 3rd, 2010, 10:13 AM

Also

I love run-on sentences.

I think he is trying to say that wifi should also be allowed, since some people like it more, and some people are unable to use it.

missingnoresearcher
April 3rd, 2010, 06:43 PM
Back in my old days, we battled for fun.
*sigh*

flight
April 3rd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Back in my old days, we battled for fun.
*sigh*

This is probably the best post I have read in this thread so far, apart from Beachy's and Luke(for obvious reasons, they have made very valid points). This is ridiculous.

PC once had a Pokemon League. That pokemon league had staff as gym leaders, and then there were members as gym trainers. However, due to scheduling conflicts and loss of interest in Pokemon, the whole idea, or rather the whole concept was shot down. As such, there have been multiple threads asking to bring this back. I even suggested it myself, since I really enjoyed PC's pokemon league, however short of a life it most likely had.

I was told to wait until HGSS made it's release. And now that it has came out, and people still can't get over themselves, I find this completely ludicrous. The reason why most things can't happen on PC is because of this community's maturity. Sorry to say it, but there will always be that one group of people that would ruin it for everyone.

My two cents, guys.

Jake♫
April 3rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
The reason for doing testing on Shoddy was the fact that it's easy to download, use, and is a lot quicker than doing multiple battles on WiFi, not because it was being favored. It was just more convienent (And it seriously takes about 30 seconds to download, it isn't that tough =3)

Until the Battle Stadium takes a turn-around, this won't happen, because there will be drama and a lack of interest.

FreakyLocz14
April 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
Bulbapedia has a community? lol I didn't even know that. I found something that will pretty much shoot this idea dead in the foot, since Smogon has a league like this too*. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69224) So basically, the best PC can do is aim for second place, because frankly, Smogon are much better battlers than us. But, if it ever does come to life again, it would be cool and we would probably have many participants chomping at the bit.

*Forgive me for linking to another forum.

Lololololololol. Maybe the staff at Smogon but by no means the regualr members.

Back on topic, so the reason an Official League wouldn't work is a Wi-Fi vs. Shoddy war? That's really immature. Most Leagues here and on other forums don't care how you get your battles done as long as nothing illegal takes place.