PDA

View Full Version : THE SECRET OF LIFE IS 62!

インフェルノの津波
April 2nd, 2010, 04:52 AM
*CRAZAH TITLE*

What do you think the secret of life is?

PERSONAL OPINION, PEOPLEZ.

Sonikku
April 2nd, 2010, 05:16 AM
No secrets it is love in Jesus Christ the Lord my apologies if relgious answers were not ment to be in this thread.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
April 2nd, 2010, 05:53 AM
*facepalm*
It's 42... Deep Thought is not pleased...

Anyway, in all seriousness, it's religion. I'm a Muslim btw.

Cassino
April 2nd, 2010, 07:59 AM
Nothing has compelled me to believe there actually is a meaning to life, let alone that discovering this meaning should be beneficial.

Forever
April 2nd, 2010, 08:02 AM
The meaning of my life is Luck.

Timbjerr
April 2nd, 2010, 09:01 AM
Life is like an old-school arcade game. You're gonna die eventually, so just focus on getting the high score while you've still got life left. :P

Once you reach whatever afterlife you believe in, you will find your ancestors, compare your scores, and find out that you have just lost the game...to your senile grandmother. :o

Esper
April 2nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
There is no meaning to life except the meaning you give it. You have to find your own meaning.

They call me Brandon Lee
April 2nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Living it to the fullest - living a short but meaningful life is far better than living a long, boring one. Maybe tomorrow you'll get hit by a car or injured in some freak accident. There's no way to know now. So do what you've always wanted to do, before something like that happens and cuts it off!

Galukxy
April 2nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
There is no meaning to life except the meaning you give it. You have to find your own meaning.

That is exactly what I was gonna say :L
but to add on to my little statement, it depends on what choices you pick, you can either pick the easy way of life achieving and living life at it's lust or you can pick the hard way of life being a sore loser on the street sellin' crack XD

Mattysaurus
April 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
Love♥

No matter what gets you down in life, if you have that one person who you love and loves you, you will be set. Just find that love and live it to the fullest.

Melody
April 2nd, 2010, 12:46 PM
I would have to say that the secret to life is living it the best way you can, and having no regrets when it's all said and done.

For me personally, I just try to be a nice person and don't feel regret for doing things that I feel are right. I always believe that you shouldn't regret something if you didn't know what was wrong in the action. If you had a good intention behind the action, no need to regret. Just apologize, learn from the mistake and move on! Life is too precious to waste time on regretting that which cannot be undone.

BHwolfgang
April 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
You gotta enjoy life while it lasts. Nothing lasts forever, but one should just live it while it does.

Dukey
April 2nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
I came in here simply to say it was 42.

Caelus
April 2nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
For me it's mainly religion, but also to enjoy it and contribute in some way to society.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
For me, oddly enough, the meaning of life is 49. Oh, and pwning Gym Leaders as well.

.hack
April 2nd, 2010, 03:15 PM
I came to this thread to expose the title liez D:<
Luckily I did so with the poll.
62 dun work bra, it's like 20 wrong!! D:

Captain Hobo.
April 2nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
It is beleiving in God and enjoying life.

RivalGator
April 2nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
The true meaning of life is to live.
((...And love.))

Prince_of_Light
April 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
The meaning of life is living in and of itself, and loving God and each other along the way. =)

i<3Salamence
April 2nd, 2010, 05:19 PM
well... i thought it was love. Just because that's what everyone is always searching for. But i do love everyone else's answer as well. ^_^

Prince_of_Light
April 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM
well... i thought it was love. Just because that's what everyone is always searching for. But i do love everyone else's answer as well. ^_^

lol I voted for love. There's just two main kinds. =D

Yamikarasu
April 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
If I had to give life a meaning, I would say that the meaning of life is to leave the world a better place then when you came into it. Don't be a jerk.

piece of something
April 2nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
no one knows the secret of life otherwise it wouldn't be a secret duh :P

but i say the main purpose for life is making more life

everything else we do is extracurricular

LayZee_in_charge
April 2nd, 2010, 06:43 PM
the secret of life is enjoying every minute your have on this planet since it can be takin' away in an instant...i have a freind that died and his last words to his family and freinds where "enjoy your time and don't hold back peace people" i'll never forget those words of truth......to this day i beleive he wuz speakin' the truth.....

ChrisTom
April 2nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
In my opinion it is to experience as much as possible in the minute amount of time we have in this grandiose world. Some say that the Universe is that. One united grand thing, hence UNIverse. But it seems that everybody lives in their own seperate universe. Their are thousands of different universes, each one in a different consciousness, a different being. I would say my answer is inbetween love and living it to the fullest.

Timbjerr, that is one of the best descriptions I ever heard. That almost made me want to cry, because that is the simplest, and most true. Here is the quote:

Life is like an old-school arcade game. You're gonna die eventually, so just focus on getting the high score while you've still got life left. :P

Once you reach whatever afterlife you believe in, you will find your ancestors, compare your scores, and find out that you have just lost the game...to your senile grandmother. :o

Now as for posters #2, #3, #14, and #17, I don't really like your answers. I don't find anything wrong with being faithful (in fact, I sorta envy you for being able to believe in that), but I don't think you should bring that up in a philosophical thread. Then again, there are no wrong answers, but I simply did not like yours.

Here is my view on religion. First let me clear something up. Just because I do not like highly religous peole does NOT mean I am atheist. I am Agnostic, which means that I simply do not know what religion I am. I have 3 different theories in spoilers in case you don't want to see them or might be offended by these topics:

The first is that "God" is simply a spiritual force, and that I will never see him after death. I will go to "Elsewhere after I die, a very interesting concept in a young adult novel called Elsewhere, where you go to a different world whern you die and you age backwards. More on the book is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsewhere_(novel)

The second is that death will be like a dream from which you never wake up. Where it is very surreal, and sort of like a Lewis Carroll poem. You exist but you don't. The god in this theory will not be seen either. Ever read DeathNote? I think God is alot like L. He's got a twisted sort of humor, but in a good way...

The third (and in my opinion the least likely) is that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, all of Christianity is right, and even though I've lived a good life, and I volunteer at several orginizations, and I like to think I've been a kind person, I will burn eternally in hell because I didn't believe Jesus Christ was the messiah. I'm so sorry that what I did was horrible. I never killed anybody, but because I DIDN'T BELIEVE IN THE CHRISTIAN GOD, I WILL BURN ETERNALL IN HELL!! SORRY!

Anyways, even though nobody will pay major attention to this, it's nice to get my religous views out. I think that this is a very interesting thread. You see, the only reason there is religion is to answer these questions. Why are we here? What is our purpose? Who created us and the universe? What is beyond what we see? What will happen to this earth when we are all gone? Why do bad people do bad things? So we answer all of them, and slap them in a book. Perhaps we may know the unknowable on day, but perhaps some of the unknowable truly cannot be known. Although the previously unknown became knowable, perhaps there is somethings that are unknowable that can never EVER be known. And until that day, religion and philosophy will exist. I found this thread to be very good. Thank you all for your time, and thank you, the person who took the time to read my views.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Eucliffe
April 2nd, 2010, 07:54 PM
42, Fairy Tail, Dept. Heaven, and Pokemon.

At least, this applies to me...

Timbjerr
April 3rd, 2010, 06:07 AM
Timbjerr, that is one of the best descriptions I ever heard. That almost made me want to cry, because that is the simplest, and most true.

At least someone read my post. XD I was in a weird half-philosophical mood and a half-funny mood when I came up with it. :P

I am a Roman Catholic, but I have a...different...more liberal-minded perception of God, Satan, Heaven, and Hell than most Christians. For now let's just leave it at that. XD

ChrisTom
April 3rd, 2010, 06:41 AM
^ ^ ^

Thank you, and it's true. Your way was the best description. As I said in my previous post, the thing is is that Christianity states that if you don't accept Jesus Christ as the Messiah, then you will live in eternal hellfire. That's why it is unflattering to me. If you don't join their religion then after you die you'll be in eternal hell? I don't think it matters if we're Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, or Atheist, as long as you've lived your life a GOOD PERSON you should go to heaven. The thing is is that Murders can go to heaven. Because as long as they were Christian and they prayed for forgiveness of their sins, they can go to heaven. I haven't killed anybody, and I like to think I'm nice, but I go to hell. I just don't like that, it's one of the things that doesn't make me want to be Christian.

Sorry for ranting! ^_^ Anyways, interesting thread. But yes, the whole old video game thing was awesome Timbjerr.

Tater Tot
April 8th, 2010, 12:58 PM
The secret of life is to waste it all becoming a fan of things on facebook, of course.