PDA

View Full Version : Question: SLOWpoke?

Pages : 1 [2]

Caelus
April 3rd, 2010, 09:21 PM
I missed out on most of it due to having to leave elsewhere, but I'm glad everything is back to normal.. I think.

With that said, it's awfully late and *yawn* I got to rest for tomorrow.

Tears In The Rain
April 3rd, 2010, 09:48 PM
Cute but why has it not been removed? It's been two days past April fools.
Seriously TOO MUCH PINK, IT FREAKING BURNS MY EYEBALLS!(I can't stand pink, my apologies)

Drew
April 3rd, 2010, 09:50 PM
Cute but why has it not been removed? It's been two days past April fools.
Seriously TOO MUCH PINK, IT FREAKING BURNS MY EYEBALLS!(I can't stand pink, my apologies)

It has been removed. o.o You can switch themes now.

Tears In The Rain
April 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Oh, sorry haven't been here for a while.

Cherrim
April 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
Oh whoops, did I forget to pull it from default? My bad. :(

/so tempted to set Cherrim theme as default in its stead

Logiedan
April 3rd, 2010, 10:23 PM
Haha,it came real unsuspected for me. xD
My April 1st is the day before PC's April 1st so I started wondering,"PC has nothing to do with April Fool's? ):" Then the next day,I find Slowpoke. That was fun.

donavannj
April 3rd, 2010, 11:02 PM
Haha,it came real unsuspected for me. xD
My April 1st is the day before PC's April 1st so I started wondering,"PC has nothing to do with April Fool's? ):" Then the next day,I find Slowpoke. That was fun.

Actually, it was started on the 2nd for the server... it is Slowpoke after all. ;)

Logiedan
April 3rd, 2010, 11:06 PM
Actually, it was started on the 2nd for the server... it is Slowpoke after all. ;)

Haha,even more ingenious. Still unsuspected even for the people with the correct timezone.

Eurydice
April 4th, 2010, 12:32 AM
im glad its gone. i didnt mind the slowpoke or the colors, i liked that part but i kept getting lost when i went to find something. im glad to have things right again.

LightOfTruth
April 4th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I like the slowpoke theme now :)

Vociferocity
April 4th, 2010, 01:38 AM
It's already over? but april fools day isn't even until tomorrow! D:

Piplup-Trainer
April 4th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Yay, Slowpoke is gone now >:-D
Okay, not really :D
You can still select it`s design on the design-changing field or however it`s called...

LightOfTruth
April 4th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Yay, Slowpoke is gone now >:-D
Okay, not really :D
You can still select it`s design on the design-changing field or however it`s called...

I put that Slowpoke image on my sig :D

Forever
April 4th, 2010, 03:38 AM
I put that Slowpoke image on my sig :D

121 + 300, too bad it's breaking PC's rules :x

Andrew McKenzie
April 4th, 2010, 04:41 AM
EVERYTHING WENT BACK TO NORMAL!

But now I've gone and used the skin changer to change back to SlowPokecommunity
because, although it was as much of an April fool's joke it was, I love this skin and I'm not changing it again!

And that's NOT sarcasm, I love this skin.

It's already over? but april fools day isn't even until tomorrow! D:

April Fools Day is April 1st, not 5th...
April Fools Day ended 3 days ago at 12:00am on the 1st...

Code
April 4th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I haz the skin, but what's up? April fools isn't for weeks! Why so early?
*Yawn*

Moltres111
April 4th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Haha, I didn't really get the joke at first, but after reading this thread, I did.

I'm happy I got my Gen2 theme back, but really, the thing that annoyed me the most was the forum parts' locations all messed up. Now that that's fixed and if i'm in the mood, I might actually use that Slowpoke theme. :D

Anyway, please no Bidoof theme next year?

.. oh snap, why did I say that? T_T

Lady Gaga
April 4th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I'm keeping this theme forever...
;3

LightOfTruth
April 4th, 2010, 06:20 AM
121 + 300, too bad it's breaking PC's rules :x

I made the text smaller :D

Forever
April 4th, 2010, 06:23 AM
...no uh, I meant the images, they're too large. XD; As in height.

Pokemoerules
April 4th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Shouldn't this thread be closed now? Because you already changed it back.

Vociferocity
April 4th, 2010, 06:49 AM
April Fools Day is April 1st

...*yawn*...duh. and it's march 30th right now, so april fools day is tomorrow, right...?

AtomicoExploda
April 4th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Well, it was definitely a good idea, I kind of preferred the last year though, with Todoroki as everyone's names, it was pretty confusing.

I didn't have a lot of trouble finding the forums, but I'm not sure if I found this one or not, now that I think about it.

Sansa Stark
April 4th, 2010, 07:23 AM
No, that was just a coincidence. D;
It was originally just to be that ~we're too slow~

560cool.
April 4th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Man, I was so freaked out yesterday ! 0_o

I just ... stared at my laptop and said ... "Did you break ?" . Then I wanted to change the theme, but no theme button .. o_0 WTF ? Sooo, PC was upside-down and I thought the servers broke . So I wanted to report it . But I couldn't find the Q&FB Forum . They were all scattered around ! I turned off my laptop and turned it on ... the same .

Then I looked at the title ... "And April Fools Joke ..." ... ... ... ... I made a few connections in my brain ...

Yesterday=3rd April=Slowpoke=Slow=1st April=April Fools Day .... => PC forgot to update to April Fools Theme ! :)

Took quite a while ! I want my avy back !!!

Darkerm
April 4th, 2010, 08:10 AM
At last its gone. I don't like slowpoke theme. Now I can use Dialga VS Palkia theme. I am so happy.......XD

Ninja Aiden
April 4th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Well, unlike a lot of you guys, I liked the theme, and the joke was funny. How come some of you are so confused about this? SLOWpoke 3rd --> April Fools ---> SLOW 1st = April fools. Not hard. And jumbling stuff up is just like a slowpoke.

LightOfTruth
April 4th, 2010, 09:53 AM
You be better off not doing things like that again :)

Relith
April 4th, 2010, 12:48 PM
One thing I don't understand though. Why was it a Slowpoke? It was April Fool's day. It should have been a Mr. Mime.

BeachBoy
April 4th, 2010, 04:08 PM
You be better off not doing things like that again :)hahaha, how about no.

One thing I don't understand though. Why was it a Slowpoke? It was April Fool's day. It should have been a Mr. Mime.Slowpoke is slow, aka late to the party. (that was the joke that many people didn't seem to get) Mr. Mime doesn't really have that reputation.

Tinhead Bruce
April 4th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Are people really still not understanding this? Maybe you guys should change your names to Slowpoke...

Honest
April 4th, 2010, 06:13 PM
xD, I found the theme totally rad. Took me a while to realize the being late part. xD

I wonder what you power hungry fantastic mods will come up with next year. xD I remember last year, where it was the Todoroki Community... it was HELL. xD

Oh, and I quite liked the theme. I would be using it right now were it not for the fact I'm in some one elses house. xD. Though the bit where every forum got scrambled still remains a mystery to me. Someone care to clear up. Sorry if I'm being... slow. : ) Pun intended

Ninja Caterpie
April 4th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm still using this theme even though it's all square and flat. =D

Lucy Lu
April 4th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Wow you guys got me there. I was wondering what will happen in April Fool's Day. When I noticed nothing, I was like...hmm. That was weird. And then the next few days I saw Slowpoke theme and I figured...ah ha! This is the April Fool's joke. And I get it, lol. It just that theme was so disorganized, and I wanted to switch themes until that one is fixed. I couldn't do it, I was like...okay. I guess it was really buggy, but then I realized it is April Fool's, but a day or two late. XD

Glad everyone had fun, and the theme is nice. Hopefully everything was in the right spot though.

LightOfTruth
April 5th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Why didn't you put the April Fools joke as the main theme and leave the other themes alone :(

Code
April 5th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Next year, you should totally change everybody's names to the same thing. XD
I have heard....rumors...that that's what you did last year.
<.<
>.>

Piplup-Trainer
April 5th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Lol, after the "Slowpoke joke" some people falled in love with that pokemon xD

I don`t hate Slowpoke...I have a Slowbro and Slowking in my boxes xD

GamerXtreme
April 5th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Well, I fell in love for them, I even made a team full of Slowpokes on my Slowtinum Platinum! ^^ I'm so glad the theme is avaliable for use even after April Fools! :D

-GX-

Noah Ridgewood
April 5th, 2010, 08:19 AM
<.<
>.>
The most annoyingly frustrating joke I've ever experienced.

And to think I excitingly encouraged and supported the idea.

Cherrim
April 5th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Why didn't you put the April Fools joke as the main theme and leave the other themes alone :(
Because then no one's theme would've been changed and no one except the people who keep their theme as default would see the joke.

...which would kind of defeat the purpose. :(

Seriously, did one day with a pink Slowpoke theme kill you? As far as our April Fools' jokes, this one was probably one of our least invasive.

Team Fail
April 5th, 2010, 11:05 AM
<.<
>.>

THere could be issues with that, if it all doesn't work.
1. No one would be able to log in correctly because all the usernames would be the same.
2. If that did work, but something else went wrong, sending PMs and VMs could go horribly wrong.

It would make PC too complicated.

parallelzero
April 5th, 2010, 11:14 AM

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

You've clearly never been here for past April Fool's pranks if this bugged you that much.

Cherrim
April 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM
THere could be issues with that, if it all doesn't work.
1. No one would be able to log in correctly because all the usernames would be the same.
2. If that did work, but something else went wrong, sending PMs and VMs could go horribly wrong.

It would make PC too complicated.
We did it last year. It's annoying but doable. No one's username was actually changed, we just changed it so that no matter what someone's username was, it would disregard that and display "Todoroki" everywhere instead. If you knew someone's userid, you could still find their profile (and if you knew the "username=" URL, there was that too)... and sending PMs stayed the same too. idk, I really enjoyed it even if I didn't know who was who but most people hated it. XD;

A Pixy
April 5th, 2010, 12:20 PM
That was a catastrophe and I never want to think about it ever again.

This year's April Fools joke was much more enjoyable.

TrinityLimit
April 5th, 2010, 02:33 PM
i agree.
Last year was crazy, i was seriously confused for 10 minutes when all the names turned into Todoroki... i couldn't find anyone except the people on my profile Dx

lol.

Drew
April 5th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I actually liked last year's better because it was more chaotic. xD;

That made it so things were always going on, where as this year it was just a theme change, and forums switched around, which was something you could adjust to pretty fast. Granted, I loved the theme. xDD

Stairmaster
April 5th, 2010, 04:03 PM
This theme is really pretty. I think I am going to use it from now on.