PDA

View Full Version : Why is Skype saying my computer is "slow?"

You're Gonna Go Far Kid!
April 2nd, 2010, 09:02 PM
It didn't use to say that before. The little 'signal' was full but now it only has two bars. Any secret ways to get raise my laptop's perfmance? I use a netbook. I set my computer to "Run for best performance" but that hardly helps much. I defragged too.

donavannj
April 4th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Probably too many other background programs competing with Skype for your system resources and for your internet connection.

Spinor
April 5th, 2010, 05:54 AM
^ and.... how do we fix that problem, Dr. donavannj?

If you have the money, I recommend you buy some more RAM. I think it's those small things for laptops. I'm not a laptop person so you should ask employees of the store you are going. 4 GB is USUALLY more than enough. But if that fails you'd probably have to go with 6 or 8.

Cassino
April 5th, 2010, 07:11 AM
If you have no problems with your computer, you can always ignore it...

donavannj
April 5th, 2010, 10:03 AM
^ and.... how do we fix that problem, Dr. donavannj?

If you have the money, I recommend you buy some more RAM. I think it's those small things for laptops. I'm not a laptop person so you should ask employees of the store you are going. 4 GB is USUALLY more than enough. But if that fails you'd probably have to go with 6 or 8.

Netbooks don't have much room for additional RAM. :\ And they usually only have 1 GB.

Anyways, all the solutions I have involve having a higher level of what programs your computer should and shouldn't be running.

What is your operating system, OP?