PDA

View Full Version : Reallyyyyyyy?

Forever
April 3rd, 2010, 10:27 PM
Have you seen someone using "really?" after a really obvious question?

For example;
Luck says (2:19 PM):
*Isn't she asian?
Erica says (2:19 PM):
*nope
Luck says (2:20 PM):
*really?
Erica says (2:20 PM):
*yup

Do you do it yourself? Do you get annoyed when people do it?

Gary, the Magic Fairy
April 3rd, 2010, 10:28 PM
I try not to do it, since it does annoy me. My IRL friends do it a lot. It can get annoying even when it isn't an obvious question.

Cherrim
April 3rd, 2010, 10:29 PM
I get annoyed if someone asks it when it's really unneeded and after a painfully obvious statement. Usually when that happens, I turn the sarcasm/snark on full blast and reply with "Actually no, I completely lied and that's not the case at all" or something similar. XD;

I know I do the same thing to other people a lot when I'm expressing some disbelief (though usually substitute "seriously!?" for "really?"), so for the most part I'm patient with it or I don't even notice it.

Kura
April 3rd, 2010, 10:30 PM
No, I don't usually say it :/ If I do, it's usually for a joke or it's used in context with something like.. Oh I dunno:

"I ate a 2-foot long hot dog!"
"Woah. Was it really 2 feet? Exactly?"
"Nah, but it was just about that big!"

:/ I dunno.

BHwolfgang
April 3rd, 2010, 10:53 PM
I use it so many times in real-life that now I'm afraid that my friends are annoyed by it.

Usually, I would either say "seriously?", but that doesn't help much. I should really open the dictionary now...

donavannj
April 3rd, 2010, 10:58 PM
Most of the time, I use it to "troll" people in real-life. XD Especially those whom I know are amusing when irritated. XD

Meta-Morph
April 3rd, 2010, 11:27 PM
Um, I try not to XD. It's sort of stupid and common, I'd rather say "Oh is that so?".

Galukxy
April 3rd, 2010, 11:31 PM
I say it sometimes.. but I stopped recently seeing the obviousness. Some of my friends do it sometimes, but it doesn't annoy me.

Mattysaurus
April 4th, 2010, 01:05 AM
I don't really use. I take the person's word.

I don't care if it's said to me. They probably just need me to clarify. ;/

Talli
April 4th, 2010, 01:09 AM
no we don't really it is much either

Timbjerr
April 4th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I use "for realz?" on the rare occasion that i use this device. I'm a very sarcastic person if you haven't noticed and, like donovannj said, I use it to troll people irl.

Gold warehouse
April 4th, 2010, 06:17 AM
This is so annoying, I never do it, people I talk to always do it. I usually reply with something like "No, not really, I was lying" and then I get funny looks/apprehensive replies.

Captain Hobo.
April 4th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Mostly not but sometimes I do.

enzo51
April 4th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I don't use really much, I use oh instead.

Alexithymia~
April 4th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I don't really use it offline, yet online I do find myself typing it. I know it is sometimes redundant, but I still do it out of habit.

It is sometimes to express disbelief, or to mock the other person. "OH REALLY?" etc.

Destiny
April 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I say........ORLY? Anyone who gets it will respond YA RLY, then me replying NO WAI!

Vital
April 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I do it all the time, and so do my friends. It's nothing to get worked up for. Just reply with the "yea" and your good to go. xD

Relith
April 4th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I don't really use it offline, yet online I do find myself typing it. I know it is sometimes redundant, but I still do it out of habit.

It is sometimes to express disbelief, or to mock the other person. "OH REALLY?" etc.

Same as me, usually online if I ever say it, which I normally don't, ever. Offline, I never say anything like that.

Ayselipera
April 4th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I only do it when something really astonishing happens. For example...

Random: Did you know Billy got hit by a car!?
Me: Oh my god really!?

That's a really dumb example, but it's the simplest situation I can think of at the moment. Anyways, I don't mind when other people do it to me. Unless they say it when I'm talking about something that isn't astonishing or exciting at all.

Trap-Eds
April 4th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Have you seen someone using "really?" after a really obvious question?

For example;
Luck says (2:19 PM):
*Isn't she asian?
Erica says (2:19 PM):
*nope
Luck says (2:20 PM):
*really?
Erica says (2:20 PM):
*yup

Do you do it yourself? Do you get annoyed when people do it?

My friend does that all the time. Drives me insane. What's unfortunate for me is that I think I'm starting to do the same thing. :o