PDA

View Full Version : iPad, the most over-rated thing since...

Bluerang1
April 5th, 2010, 01:12 AM
HeartGold/SoulSilver xD I made an iJoke. Anyway, seriously, Netbooks are better than this thing but because it has a bitten Apple stuck on it, it's suddenly "ground-breaking" which is false has it'll probably break on the ground, Apple products tend to be flimsy, a friend dropped his iPhone on his carpet, soft carpet, and the screen cracked?! Exactly.

Anyway, do you agree or disagree with me, and why. I thought Nintendo were money moocher, if you could make a DS Lite in the first place, why make a DS. But they've definitely met their match in Apple who have already announced plans for a Second Generation iPad. I feel sorry for those who are getting it now :(

Zet
April 5th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Nintendo.... money moochers? That's a bit hard to believe since all their consoles and hand held systems are sold at a reasonable price. And the iPad is the most over-rated thing since banana bread.

Bianca Paragon
April 5th, 2010, 02:51 AM
ITT: OP angsts because his Mummy won't buy him an iPad. Jealous much?

Noah Ridgewood
April 5th, 2010, 02:56 AM
HeartGold/SoulSilver xD I made an iJoke. Anyway, seriously, Netbooks are better than this thing but because it has a bitten Apple stuck on it, it's suddenly "ground-breaking" which is false has it'll probably break on the ground, Apple products tend to be flimsy, a friend dropped his iPhone on his carpet, soft carpet, and the screen cracked?! Exactly.
I just had to reply to this comment here. I've dropped my iPhone on more hard surfaces than I can count. On a hardwood floor, on tile, on the ground, on cement, on rocks, and on marble. It's fallen from a tree, from a table, from my pocket, and even from my window. I've yet to have my screen crack, let alone scratches... on the front, at least. The back of my lovely phone has one scratch next to the Apple logo that, given it's hard to notice, looks as though the white finishing was scratched off. But I'd hardly call Apple products "flimsy" given my experience. I sense prejudice.

Bluerang1
April 5th, 2010, 03:46 AM
I was when it was first unveiled but when I saw the specs, I was disappointed.
I just had to reply to this comment here. I've dropped my iPhone on more hard surfaces than I can count. On a hardwood floor, on tile, on the ground, on cement, on rocks, and on marble. It's fallen from a tree, from a table, from my pocket, and even from my window. I've yet to have my screen crack, let alone scratches... on the front, at least. The back of my lovely phone has one scratch next to the Apple logo that, given it's hard to notice, looks as though the white finishing was scratched off. But I'd hardly call Apple products "flimsy" given my experience. I sense prejudice.
Sorry about prejudice *is ashamed*

TRIFORCE89
April 5th, 2010, 04:02 AM
Apple products aren't flimsy. I've dropped several iPods so many times and nothing cracked. Scratched to hell, yeah, but screen's all good.

Doesn't matter if it's over-rated. Doesn't matter if you don't like. That's not the goal. Apple is a company. And the point of anything they do is to make products that will sell. Like all Apple products, its marketed well, and well-suited to the elderly and computer-illiterate.

Personally, I don't think it's anything groundbreaking. Just an oversized iPod Touch. I don't have an iPod Touch or iPhone. If the iPad was cheaper, I'd pick it up instead of those two. I like the size.

Sonikku
April 5th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Look the ipad was over rated, but rate anything that high and it will be over rated. Did you really expect it to live up to all the hype? Why should you take it out on the device?

Cello
April 5th, 2010, 04:11 AM

ITT: Everybody look, the "internet bad ass" is here. Heads up, you aren't in 4chan anymore, so try not to embarrass yourself too much!

From the looks of it, iPads just going to hold a couple of stupid phone games that people will play for an hour and a half and then never touch it again. Past the games, I don't really see what much else it can do. I love the fact that Shigeru Miyamoto even got his hands on the iPad and chuckled in disgrace at it, according to an article on IGN.

The only good thing about apple these days seems to be their Macbooks.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
April 5th, 2010, 04:25 AM

Hooray for unfounded judgements!

Personally, I'm pretty unimpressed by the iPad, and it annoys me that it's being called some massive gaming innovation because it has a touch screen and an accelerometer. Because neither of those have ever been used before. Also, it has a 1GHz processor. ONE. My five year old laptop has a 2.4GHZ and that has a physical keyboard, a graphics card and it still only weighs about 3lb - more than the iPad, but with a lot more for that weight. Ofcourse, comparing it to a laptop is pretty redundant, when it's really more of a cross between an netbook and an iTouch. But let's face it, there are better netbooks and a iTouch is much better at being an iTouch, seeing as you can keep it in your pocket. Think what it would be ike trying to listen to music on your iPad in a crowded tube train.

Bianca Paragon
April 5th, 2010, 05:19 AM
ITT: Everybody look, the "internet bad ass" is here. Heads up, you aren't in 4chan anymore, so try not to embarrass yourself too much!

From the looks of it, iPads just going to hold a couple of stupid phone games that people will play for an hour and a half and then never touch it again. Past the games, I don't really see what much else it can do. I love the fact that Shigeru Miyamoto even got his hands on the iPad and chuckled in disgrace at it, according to an article on IGN.

Oh, you must be new here ♥
Hooray for unfounded judgements!

Personally, I'm pretty unimpressed by the iPad, and it annoys me that it's being called some massive gaming innovation because it has a touch screen and an accelerometer. Because neither of those have ever been used before. Also, it has a 1GHz processor. ONE. My five year old laptop has a 2.4GHZ and that has a physical keyboard, a graphics card and it still only weighs about 3lb - more than the iPad, but with a lot more for that weight. Ofcourse, comparing it to a laptop is pretty redundant, when it's really more of a cross between an netbook and an iTouch. But let's face it, there are better netbooks and a iTouch is much better at being an iTouch, seeing as you can keep it in your pocket. Think what it would be ike trying to listen to music on your iPad in a crowded tube train.
Please don't tell me you honestly believe that comparing clock-speed between totally dissimilar architectures makes ANY sense at all, do you? I think you've missed the point entirely.

April 6th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Hence why I said "Of course, comparing it to a laptop is pretty redundant". Please try to read my post before responding to it.

There's also the point I brought up that the 'innovations' have been done before (which you ignored) and the point I made that actually using it for music would be really annoying anywhere busy (which you ignored).

Then there's the point I still haven't mentioned which is that the iPad can't run flash, which cuts out quite a large portion of the internet.

Then there's the fact that it can't run more than one app at a time. I was once told tat it would be great for schoolwork, as you can have your Books and word processor on one handy machine which is lighter than a laptop. Seems great, except that every time you want to check what the book says, or look up a quote, you'd have to save your work, quit the word processor app, open up the books app, find your quote, close it down, open up your work again and finally put the quote in. Isn't that a little....unintuitive?

There's also the fact that a LOT of people are going to buy the iPad for no reason other than to show and look cool in front of their friends.

Serene Grace
April 6th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Oh, you must be new here ♥

Please don't tell me you honestly believe that comparing clock-speed between totally dissimilar architectures makes ANY sense at all, do you? I think you've missed the point entirely.
Also, the fact that Steve Jobs kept calling the iPad a Netbook killer in the Keynote shows that he thinks that they are similar architectures when they really aren't. However, I still don't agree with the OP. Yes, the iPad might be a little overpriced but the fact is that you're getting an iPod with a bigger screen which some people might want. It also proves incredibly useful as an eBook reader.

Also, Apple products are extremely well made and are not known to break - so speak for yourself when you say they aren't.

Dukey
April 6th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Flimsy? xD
My friends iPod Nano got run over by a car, still works fine.

Probably is overrated, but the only thing that bugs me is that the one with 3G network connection is that much more expensive than the one without it.

Cammy
April 6th, 2010, 03:06 AM
I actually think the iPad looks rather interesting.
Also, Apple products do not tend to be flimsy. I think your friend was just unlucky.

Zet
April 6th, 2010, 03:21 AM

ITT: "4chan isn't the only chan site that uses ITT" discuss!

Wake me up when Apple releases something that can multi-task on a portable device that isn't a macbook.

Bianca Paragon
April 6th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Hence why I said "Of course, comparing it to a laptop is pretty redundant". Please try to read my post before responding to it.

There's also the point I brought up that the 'innovations' have been done before (which you ignored) and the point I made that actually using it for music would be really annoying anywhere busy (which you ignored).

Then there's the point I still haven't mentioned which is that the iPad can't run flash, which cuts out quite a large portion of the internet.

Then there's the fact that it can't run more than one app at a time. I was once told tat it would be great for schoolwork, as you can have your Books and word processor on one handy machine which is lighter than a laptop. Seems great, except that every time you want to check what the book says, or look up a quote, you'd have to save your work, quit the word processor app, open up the books app, find your quote, close it down, open up your work again and finally put the quote in. Isn't that a little....unintuitive?

There's also the fact that a LOT of people are going to buy the iPad for no reason other than to show and look cool in front of their friends.
I see no reason to waste any more time on your post than is required to pwn you. Flash is dead, btw.

April 6th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I don't think making a point about my argument that I've already acknowledged counts as "pwning". Like I said, it only shows that you didn't actually read what I wrote.

And flash is dead? Miniclip would like to have a word with you. Y'know, the site that gets 50 million unique visitors a month.

Bianca Paragon
April 6th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Youtube; you know the site that gets 100 million hits per day, is abandoning flash.
Dead format is dead.

btw, Miniclips traffic comes mostly from RuneScape which is java, not flash.

April 6th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Actually, if you look at the top ten most played games (http://www.miniclip.com/games/en/) on Miniclip, Runescape isn't even on there. Top is Club Penguin, a Flash-based MMOG. In fact, all of the top ten are flash-based games. And what about Nitrome? More than 100,000 hits a day for nothing but Flash-based games. Look, I'm not saying that Flash is everywhere and it's going to be around for ever. But saying that it's dead is pretty extreme.

Also, just as a question, what exactly is the iPad for? The processor means it's never going to be a truly great gaming machine. There are much better netbooks for web browsing and word processing. And the iTouch is clearly better for music, seeing as how you can actually keep it in your pocket. So, I repeat, what is the point of the iPad?

donavannj
April 6th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Flash isn't gonna go away for at least a year, if not longer... the compatibility levels of Microsoft's browsers is what will slow it's removal, since most people will be slow to jump to 9, because they will probably hate it by the "They changed it, now it sucks!" logic people have (which is what happened with IE7 and IE8). And then there are applications that small businesses use that run on Flash that they may have just purchased in the last year.

Corvus of the Black Night
April 6th, 2010, 07:05 AM
I personally prefer the iTampon.

Silly, silly Apple and trying to dominate the market when they already do...

Bianca Paragon
April 6th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I personally prefer the iTampon..
Hurrr! SO FUNNAY and RANDUM!
huh huh also wii is like pee haha ecksdee!

twocows
April 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
A fair comparison of the iPad and its primary competition.
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6238/ipado.png
As you can see, the iPad fails at beating the competition.

But seriously, HP did this years ago and nobody paid attention because it was HP (I'm not talking about the HP Slate they're coming out with, though it was very similar to that). Apple just steals other peoples' ideas and claims to "innovate." Better marketing isn't really innovation.

Not that this is even that great of an idea in the first place. If I want a tablet PC, I'll get a tablet PC; if I want a netbook, I'll get a netbook; if I want an iPhone, I'll get a Nexus One.

Bluerang1
April 6th, 2010, 10:56 AM
So, I repeat, what is the point of the iPad?
Which was kind of my question in the first place. But people around here seem to pick off the bad things about what people say and ignore the good, like you would have noticed with a certain person.

But seriously, HP did this years ago and nobody paid attention because it was HP (I'm not talking about the HP Slate they're coming out with, though it was very similar to that). Apple just steals other peoples' ideas and claims to "innovate." Better marketing isn't really innovation.

Not that this is even that great of an idea in the first place. If I want a tablet PC, I'll get a tablet PC; if I want a netbook, I'll get a netbook; if I want an iPhone, I'll get a Nexus One.
LOL, Nexus One :) To point out, iThink the iPad ticks the "Good Games" section. Thanks you two for defending me, peopel can be so brutal here :(

Eпvy
April 6th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Nintendo.... money moochers? That's a bit hard to believe since all their consoles and hand held systems are sold at a reasonable price. And the iPad is the most over-rated thing since banana bread.

Sorry, but I don't think that spending $150+ for the same product with slight changes four times over is reasonable.

With Apple you know they're going to do this stuff. The next model will be far better than the current one with a lot of space, so you just wait for that one.

Either way I don't really care about the iPad, if I got one for free than that would be great, but I'd much rather have my laptop back.

Melody
April 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Honestly, all Apple products are overrated. They suffer from a Reality Distortion effect because of the way they are marketed. The fact of the matter is that they suffer massive limitations that you would not have to put up with if you had waited for a company like Microsoft or Google release a similar product.

Ayselipera
April 6th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Of course it's overrated, but that's not going to stop me from getting a little excited pitter-patter in my heart every time I see it on tv.

Honesty If I were you I wouldn't feel bad for the people who just bought it. Everyone knows that Apple makes newer versions all the time. Most of the people who line up for the release of brand new Apple gadgets are regulars who just enjoy that crap. I'm pretty sure they weren't shocked when they heard Apple was already working on a new version. I feel like they probably got more excited.

pokefan345
April 7th, 2010, 07:09 PM
will this help everyone? i think it's relevant enough.
YYEcymhNtmk
there. feel better now? or are some of you a little ruffled. hehe.

Captain Hobo.
April 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Yes, it looks stupied I will stick with my netbook.

Bianca Paragon
April 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
So, turns out it now has multitasking. Got anything else to whine about, guys?

Zet
April 8th, 2010, 10:40 PM

Yeah, people complain about the iPad's WiFi and how problematic it is.

Bianca Paragon
April 8th, 2010, 10:45 PM
You mean they expect Laptop/Desktop level Wifi Performance out of a mobile-phone class device? Compared to the iPhone and other Cell's with Wifi it stacks up really well actually ♥

Bluerang1
April 9th, 2010, 03:58 AM

No, now it seems buy worthy :) Also, could you try not to be so cynical and stop spreading your sadness, seriously, must all you say be an insult?

Zet
April 9th, 2010, 04:01 AM
No, now it seems buy worthy :) Also, could you try not to be so cynical and stop spreading your sadness, seriously, must all you say be an insult?

*hugs* Welcome to the internet, you're going to meet a lot of people like Sawaa <3 and even people 100x more extreme than her.

And I also agree that it is buy worthy but I don't want to buy that anti-malware to protect myself from it's nasties~

donavannj
April 9th, 2010, 06:25 AM
You mean they expect Laptop/Desktop level Wifi Performance out of a mobile-phone class device? Compared to the iPhone and other Cell's with Wifi it stacks up really well actually ♥

That's probably just people thinking WiFi should be easier to set up than eating food without silverware, which it isn't. And I've met people who think this way.

pokefan345
April 14th, 2010, 06:16 PM

No, actually they're not unleashing OS4 onto their little wonder device until winter or fall. Just their little little wonder device will be getting it this summer. But it's not true multitasking. Apple's too good for that.

EDIT: For those of you who were just a little too ruffled by the video I posted last time, here's another.

Q9NP-AeKX40

Har dee har har.

Archer
April 16th, 2010, 03:28 AM

*hugs* Welcome to the internet, you're going to meet a lot of people like Sawaa <3 and even people 100x more extreme than her.

And I also agree that it is buy worthy but I don't want to buy that anti-malware to protect myself from it's nasties~
Yeah, I'd like to step in and say, as much as I love to hate both Apple Corp and Sawaa, she's owned everyone in this thread, so I take my hat off to her. :D

Anti-malware? Wut? Don't tell me people have already started writing malicious code for it...

Housegoog
April 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I consider the I-pad a waste of time tbh with the company people only buy it cos its "fashionable" to have and apple thing

pokefan345
April 17th, 2010, 04:53 PM
hmm. is this thread supposed to be opinionated? it seems very opinionated.

Yusshin
April 17th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I do agree that Nintendo is after the cash ($.$), since there's five versions of the DS now (Normal DS; DS Lite; DSi; Giant DS; 3DS) and they only have, other than the 3DS, minor differences, such as screen brightness, screen size, and for the DSi, downloadable content (oo~ XP)

But Apple, I never really noticed before, since I don't care for their products. I have an iPod that must've hit the floor at a bad angle, for it now has a dent in the top corner (a week after I bought the darn thing, too lol). They generally come out with different products, but offer a decent difference to make it liable, not like Nintendo's mediocre screen-size difference. For example:

- iPod Shuffle
- iPod Nano [Larger Hard-Drive; More Options; A Screen]
- iPod Video [Larger Hard-Drive; Remarkably Bigger Screen for Videos]
- iPod Touch [Touch-Screen Feature; Internet; Downloadable Applications; Bigger Screen; Bigger Hard-Drive]
- iPhone [Works Like a Phone + iPod Touch Simultaneously]
- iPad [Not sure, but it seems to be a crappy mini-form of a computer, minus key details like USB slots]
- Mac Books [Eh, it's a computer - completely different from the rest of the line]

Though my one and only iPod is the last thing I buy from Apple. I might buy a mesely iPod Touch, but used and in good condition. I don't want to support them anymore :s

Alistair
April 18th, 2010, 07:25 PM
See, Yusshin, the only problem with your argument is that Apple offers those products all at once, to cater to different markets. Nintendo, on the other hand, releases the new versions and discontinues old ones in order to keep interest in the DS and to keep it current until the next generation. The DSi XL was mainly to cater for the older audience in Japan, and Nintendo thought it might be profitable in other markets (which it has proven to be successful, considering it outsold the PSP and the PSP Go combined in March in North America).

But back on topic. I played with the iPad. It's not too great, to be honest. It is, in all essence, a big iPod touch. Although I will admit the screen is beautiful and displays colors accurately, and videos do play smoother than on its cousin. But I can see where some people would want it. To me, it's overrated, but to the target market, it won't be.

pokefan345
April 21st, 2010, 06:22 PM
i am enjoying this thread's banter so much and i don't know why. but, i think now is the time for me to join in some.

most of Apple's products are virtual vaporware. they announce this great new product (in this case, iPods) in September, that everybody wants, and then gets it for Christmas, birthday, etc. then by December its almost a third of the way to the next September already. now the other people who didnt get a new one have saved up all their money and buy it in May-July. oopsies. its only 2 months til September! then they announce an even greater iPod and everyone who got the thing from last year are grumbling. so, you only have something recent for a short amount of time, and then it's obsolete. which, isn't nice.

oh, and i know that this is totally unrelated to the iPad, but, finding iTunes customer support is terrible. but when you finally find it, the actual service is wonderful. by the way, if anyone needs the email for iTunes Coustomer Support, it is [email protected]

shookie
April 21st, 2010, 06:39 PM
So much Mac hate :( I know there's the whole "it's trendy to have a MacBook" thing, but the generalization gets really tiring. I grew up on a Mac, it was the first computer I learned how to use and it's the OS that I'm most comfortable with. I also found that I went through PCs, especially laptops, like water. I've had my MacBook for over two years and the only problem I've had was losing my A key.

That's not to say I don't like PCs. I do, I think they surpass Mac in certain aspects, but they aren't typically ones that are my primary concern. If I want to build a desktop computer for gaming, I'd be dumb to choose a Mac over a PC. If I need a computer to use for school and art, I'd take a Mac.
It just sucks being criticized or having people think you're trying to be "cool" by something as superficial as what computer you use. Unless you're taking their money to fund for whatever you buy, it really shouldn't matter.

pokefan345
April 22nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
shookie, i absolutely agree with you. i grew up with windows, and i was introduced to linux at the age of 7. then i became an instant microsoft hater. of course, that's what happens when you start using linux at 7. a while back i bought an old iMac g3 for a hundred bucks, and i adjusted almost instantly to it. i'm guessing that not everyone has that kind of adaptation, but still, it doesnt mean that you can just hate macintoshes because you're not used to it. if you eat a sandwich you've never had before, don't rant and rave about it being something that you're not used to. you've never had it before, for goodness sake. macs are aimed at a certain demographic, and pcs are meant for everyone, so it sort of makes sense if windows seems great to everybody, and macs seem terrible to everyone who isn't in that demographic which macs are meant for, but wonderful to those in that demographic.

so, no need to scream about a product that isn't meant for you. if you want to scream anyway, head to your closest Apple Store to scream at one of the Geniuses there. they listen to everything.

donavannj
April 22nd, 2010, 08:55 PM
I would be able to tolerate Apple products if they weren't so particular in their license agreement about what hardware their OS can be used on, then charging a king's ransom for those systems.

I wouldn't complain if I were given one of their things as a gift.

xJordan360
April 22nd, 2010, 10:45 PM
Apple is a machine of fail. Build a significantly flawed product, give it a pretty shell, fix the flaws in the 2.0 version, leave room for improvement, forget that product, make something new. Repeat until no more money is wanted, or until all money is Apple's.

Honestly, the iPad looks pretty sucky to me. the HP Slate and WePad look much more promising with much better specs than Apple's version.

EDIT: As a side note, I don't have a big problem with Macintosh computers and Macbooks, besides being overpriced for the pretty shell. I actually prefer them for media editing.

pokefan345
April 23rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
xjordan, you apparently didn't read any part of my last post. DON'T RANT AND RAVE ABOUT A PRODUCT NOT MEANT FOR YOU. no one wants to hear it.

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 09:41 AM
xjordan, you apparently didn't read any part of my last post. DON'T RANT AND RAVE ABOUT A PRODUCT NOT MEANT FOR YOU. no one wants to hear it.

Sorry if I don't feel the need to obey your every desire. >.<

Regardless, you must not have read my post at all.
I wasn't ranting and raving about the product, I was ranting and raving about the way Apple markets things.

SalemGreen
April 23rd, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'm sure all of you have seen those funny demotivational posters that people make online. I saw one a while back with a picture of the iPad and it's text said "iPad - The reason America is fat." I loved it.

Personally, I'm probably just too smart to get tricked into buying one. "Oh but it's not a laptop!" I'm aware, and it can't do everything a laptop does whilst retaining a similar size. No thanks, I'll keep my DROID for my handheld and my laptop for mobile computing.

pokefan345
April 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
@salemgreen you're an android user? i love android.

@xjordan i see no difference between the two. i would if you were talking about the way microsoft markets windows 7 (ewww...), but i see no difference in this case.

daabomb101
April 24th, 2010, 11:40 PM
the ipad may not seem that fantastic now, but it's a first edition. I'm gonna wait a few revisions to buy one. what's so cool about it is that it ushers in the era of internet-everywhere on a powerful computing device

Lucy Lu
April 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
The iPad will be useful for people who don't have these two things: a laptop and iPod Touch. If you have these, then the iPad isn't for you. For the price of a iPad 16GB with Wi-Fi and 3G you could get a laptop with that. And a laptop does more stuff. I don't know maybe Apple will do something when the newer generations for the iPad comes out. As for right now to me it is a waste of money.

Zet
April 25th, 2010, 04:40 PM
The iPad will be useful for people who don't have these two things: a laptop and iPod Touch. If you have these, then the iPad isn't for you. For the price of a iPad 16GB with Wi-Fi and 3G you could get a laptop with that. And a laptop does more stuff. I don't know maybe Apple will do something when the newer generations for the iPad comes out. As for right now to me it is a waste of money.

Just get a netbook, they're cheaper and they can multitask better. And if I recall correctly, it's already been confirmed that there is already a new iPad coming out next year or the year after.

Lucy Lu
April 25th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Just get a netbook, they're cheaper and they can multitask better. And if I recall correctly, it's already been confirmed that there is already a new iPad coming out next year or the year after.

Heh, a newer generation coming next year or the year after. I am not surprised. I knew that was going to happen. XD And you are right about that. I might end up getting a netbook. They are better anyway. I will look into netbooks. I was thinking about getting a laptop, but since you mentioned netbooks...I will check them out. :3

Zet
April 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM
oh wait, I think I meant notebooks :x but yeah Apple just releases better stuff the very next year just to piss off people and make them throw more money away.

Stairmaster
April 25th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I don't even get what the iPad is. It can't be a computer because it doesn't have simple computer capabilities (multitasking, etc), it's not a phone because it doesn't make calls, and it's not an iPod because you can't fit it in 10 of your pockets all strung together.

Lucy Lu
April 25th, 2010, 06:07 PM
oh wait, I think I meant notebooks :x but yeah Apple just releases better stuff the very next year just to piss off people and make them throw more money away.
Yeah I wish they didn't do that. I wish they could have just update the older models like Microsoft with their Zune, but they want money so they do whatever they can. I will look into notebooks to see if that is what I want instead of a laptop. :3

But yeah iPad is a waste of time and money...I will never get one. All Apple wanted to do is beat out Amazon's Kindle with their e-books. :/

Nincada
April 25th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I don't even get what the iPad is. It can't be a computer because it doesn't have simple computer capabilities (multitasking, etc), it's not a phone because it doesn't make calls, and it's not an iPod because you can't fit it in 10 of your pockets all strung together.

It's a tablet, which is basically a compromise between the stuff you mentioned. It actually does have considerable multi task abilities. It's kind of like a flat computer that is worked with applications for really easy access.

Trap-Eds
April 30th, 2010, 11:46 PM
So, I repeat, what is the point of the iPad?

Money, I'm pretty sure. I don't even understand what the iPad is exactly...

It's a tablet, which is basically a compromise between the stuff you mentioned. It actually does have considerable multi task abilities. It's kind of like a flat computer that is worked with applications for really easy access.

Tablet...I think of that touch-screen-and-stylus-thingabobber I've seen teachers with at school. *shrugs* Companies and their products...

I personally prefer the iTampon.

Silly, silly Apple and trying to dominate the market when they already do...

LOL.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 1st, 2010, 07:24 AM

Sir you are completely correct.

They've released a useless hand-held that's too big to be a hand-held and propaganda'd it into fame. They've made enemies of Microsoft, Google, and Adobe. They've deliberately crippled their mobile devices over their egos by making enemies with the flash format provider Adobe...

Am I the only one that finds it disgusting their egos haven't changed even after they had to get bailed out by the guy their fans portray as Satan? (See: Bill Gates)

I see Apple losing it's monopoly in the phone market very soon unless they do a 180 on their current idiocy. Android 2.2 will officially have a major advantage over the iPhone, Flash. (If you don't want it, you can probably disable it.) Windows Seven Phone is around the corner.

I can't help but wonder. Does Apple have any idea the hole they're digging for themselves? It makes absolutely no sense what they're doing. And I'd rather see them do something right, frankly.

Actor
May 1st, 2010, 12:23 PM
The only thing the ipad is better than is a ipod touch.(i love ipod touches)
If a HUGE ipod touch appeals to you,the ipad is it, though your'e better of with a netbook or one of those funky fujitsu laptops with a rotating screen.

Bluerang1
May 1st, 2010, 12:48 PM
This thing is still active?? I'm tired fromr eading the posts lol. Anyway, I don't mind getting one as I mentioned earlier, since it has Multi-tasking now(or soon). But I want a Mac, but is there one with a touch-screen? I want a HP Slate... I wanna do digital art without scanning. I'm tired.

txteclipse
May 1st, 2010, 02:55 PM
I tried one at the campus store yesterday, and I detected nothing special. It's basically an oversized Touch or a neutered Netbook (both of which are hundreds of dollars cheaper).

I'll keep my portability or real keyboard and exponential level of usefulness, thanks.

Now, if it had Photoshop, that would be a different story.

InMooseWeTrust
May 2nd, 2010, 11:54 AM
THIS is what you do with an iPad...
lsjU0K8QPhs

R*2010
May 10th, 2010, 08:48 AM
i think that they are just an oversized ipod touch but i still want one :)

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 11th, 2010, 10:58 AM

The software has no resemblance to that of any computer operating system I can think of. It's completely proprietary. I don't see anything worthy of calling this toy a computer.

Pokemafia
May 11th, 2010, 11:47 AM
no no no no, the ipad is brilliant, believe me! It is easier to use and better than my pc and is so cool to play mega hd games on!

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 12th, 2010, 05:21 AM
no no no no, the ipad is brilliant, believe me! It is easier to use and better than my pc and is so cool to play mega hd games on!

...HD games require a 22 inch screen, something I promise you the iPad does not have.

By easy to use, you mean crippled to the point where the only things you can do are very simple.

Zet
May 12th, 2010, 05:32 AM

yeah it's a shame that a lot of apps are going to die soon when Jobs kills every connection to flash and adobe. So so much for "mega HD" gaming.... but HD gaming on an iproduct is silly.

Pokemafia
May 12th, 2010, 08:09 AM
....Well they sure look as good as HD Games, so I'm gonna class them as being hd, ad yeah I'm pretty annoyed of no flash support,There are other,methods, of getting flash on the ipad, so I'm alright for it.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 12th, 2010, 08:38 AM
With Apple you know they're going to do this stuff. The next model will be slightly better than the current one with a lot of space, so you just wait for that one.

Fixed. Apple is worse. =/ I'm sorry but they are WAY worse. Expecting it doesn't make it better.

The DS lite was a lousy upgrade. HOWEVER, after being a skeptic about the DSi, getting a DSi, and trying a DSi. I have concluded that the DSi is a large jump from DS lite.

DS phat to DSi would not have been complained about is the funny thing. The DS lite is the thing that makes it look like they're releasing it too soon. It had nothing really worth upgrading.

The DSi however has a LOT worth upgrading. Big difference. I think we should be supporting Nintendo after their SUCCESS with the DSi. They did the upgrade to the DSi right. It was the lite they did wrong.

The only thing hindering the DSi is that there are no games being made in the upgraded DSi format, which would allow, among other things, games to support the WAP/WAP2 encryption that the DS lite and below didn't.

It's really an under-appreciated system.

....Well they sure look as good as HD Games, so I'm gonna class them as being hd, ad yeah I'm pretty annoyed of no flash support,There are other,methods, of getting flash on the ipad, so I'm alright for it.

Allow me to show you Crysis sir, so that you are no longer fooled by such things.
http://resources.vr-zone.com/Firefox/Radeon%20HD3000/Crysis_8800gt_new.png Warning, image is huge, so I just used a regular link. THIS is HD. Look to the left of... that weapon. You can see some rocks/coral/whatever that is through the water. Look to the right, at the forest. Do you see the HUGE, difference in a couple year old HD game and whatever you're playing? It's like, humongous.

Also, kicking Flash is going to come back to bite Apple. Android is taking full advantage.