PDA

View Full Version : "Hey, there's a bug on your shoulder..."

BHwolfgang
April 5th, 2010, 01:37 PM
omg! GET IT OFF ME NOW!!!

So, what's your personal opinion about bugs and insects?

Do you freak out whenever a bug/insect is in the vicinity or on you?
Would you kill a bug/insect on sight?
Have you ever kept an bug/insect as a pet in your whole life?

I have a passionate hatred for bugs. Even though they keep the ecosystem in balance, I still despise them. Ugh, they are creepy. In my opinion, the world would do better without some of them.. (Yes, Mr. Mosquito, I'm lookin' at you)

Tree_x
April 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I love them Bugs :3
They are really interesting things
there fun to catch and experiment with !

Code
April 5th, 2010, 01:43 PM
They are fascinating, but I don't really "love" them. There are annoying bugs, like dem mosquitoes, but other than them, I don't really care what bugs are around me.

Honest
April 5th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Only if it is on me

If it was harmless, like a housefly, yes. If it was a bee, or the like, no way.

Nope. =P

Yusshin
April 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I've had snails as pets before. Tons of them. I've also taken caterpillars, put them in Pringle jars, and watched them evolve into Butterflies. Then I set them free.

I love bugs, but if they get too big, they scare me :s and if they're dangerous, I don't lik'em either.

Alli
April 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Anyone read the blog about the two wasps in my room? They're still there. I'm in the living room. In case that's not a big enough hint, I hate bugs. Period.

Yes. In, on, off, whatever. Go away.

Depends on what kind. Roaches will suffer. Bees and wasps...I can't risk getting stung.

HELL NO.

Edit: The wasp just stung my foot!! :(

Ayselipera
April 5th, 2010, 02:53 PM
If it's outside no. I respect the fact that the outside is their domain. When they come inside though all bets are off depending on what kind of bug they are.

Like I said only if their in my house and then it depends on what kind of bug they are.

No not that I remember. The longest time I kept a bug around was maybe an hour and then I let it go.

Sweet Candace
April 5th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Yes, if someone shouts 'BUG!', I jump in surprise.

Sometimes, but not all the time. I make sure I stay away from bees.

NO WAY. And, I want it to stay that way.

Izanagi
April 5th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Bugs usually don't scare me unless extremely up close, or on me.

If it's in my house, yes. Outside, as long as it leaves me be, it's fine.

Have you ever - No!

Cassino
April 5th, 2010, 04:00 PM
No. I've had a bee crawl up my shoulder once; nothing so small will hurt you unless it percieves you as a threat.

No, never.

No, they're not generally useful.

Toshiro.
April 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I honestly hate bugs. I don't know why, I just do. When one is on me, I want it off immediatly. If there is a bug in my house, I kill it. Sorry, but ya gotta go. xD

Timbjerr
April 5th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Edit: The wasp just stung my foot!! :(

Ouch. >.<

Not unless it's huge or it's crawling on me. :P

I often have sadistic fun in the killing of things smaller than me. >:D

Nope...there was an experiment my class did in elementary school where we all had to keep a mealworm alive long enough for it to pupate into a beetle, but I don't think of it as a pet. >_>

Esper
April 5th, 2010, 04:31 PM
The only creepy-crawlies that freak me out are spiders. I hate spiders. I have a normal reaction to everything else.

I have, but I don't anymore. If I'm outside I don't bother and if I'm insider I just open a door to let the flying ones out and use a jar or something for the crawly types and toss them out. I'm extra careful with spiders.

Nope. I don't think they'd make very good pets.

Tyrantrum
April 5th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I don't mind looking at them. It's just when they're near me, then... yeah... :(

Captain Hobo.
April 5th, 2010, 04:33 PM
1. Sometimes.
2. As long as it doesn't bit me.
3. No, I have not.

Sammi
April 5th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Bugs and I generally don't get along well. Either they're super annoying, like flies, or they scare me, like bees and wasps. However, no matter how bad the bug, I still feel bad if I kill it. I don't know why, they're annoying, but I guess I still feel that they have a right to live or something. It's really weird. :(

I don't keep them as pets, because, well, I don't like them.

Saltare.
April 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Bugs freak me out...if one flies in front of me, I scream...haha.

Mattysaurus
April 5th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I hate bugs with a passion and I've never had one as a pet.

Have you ever noticed that when you see one bug in your room, it feels like they are crawling all over you? Gives me the heeby-jeebies.

Theodore Bruno
April 5th, 2010, 07:58 PM

No way, bugs are awesome

That's a horribly mean thing to do.

I found this huge spider in my house once and was gonna keep, sadly my mom despised the idea. Another day I brought home a spider I found in my art class. When I showed her she freaked out and made me release him.

Don't know what's wrong with bugs, they're so cute. :3
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2686/cutespider6062123186781.jpg
Look at this bugger (Tehe) Don't you just wanna hug it?

institutions
April 5th, 2010, 08:03 PM
If i'm with friends or in public and a bug flies near me, I casually move.
If i'm in my backyard alone or something, I run like hell.

I'm a little girl when it comes to bugs.
I hate spiders, wasps, bees, moths, roaches, grasshoppers, anything furry, anything that bites or stings, anything that can chase me.

Slugs are okay :P

Forever
April 5th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I like bugs, although I'm afraid of only two.

Spiders and those little black worm thingies.

However, I find bees and earwigs adorable. XD; Which reminds me, I saw a really cute bee today and it was in a flower and I wanted to take a picture but I just kept on looking at it because it was soooo cute.

And, I wouldn't kill any bugs unless by accident. Ever since that Quail... :(

Yusshin
April 6th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Spiders aren't bugs, so they don't count :s I had a huge spider in my room earlier, though, and my dog ate it. I love my dog.

♣Gawain♣
April 6th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I'm only interested to bugs who don't bother my plants, otherwise I'll squish it like that. Especially mealy bugs and aphids and scale insects. I love worms by the way. ;)

Jack O'Neill
April 6th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Depends on the specific kind. I simply cannot tolerate cockroaches or spiders no matter where they are, but I'm cool with everything else as long as they don't actually get on me. Once stuff starts crawling on me, all bets are off.

Yes, sometimes compulsively, and always if they actually get on me.

No.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 6th, 2010, 01:48 AM
I find bugs to be disgusting and any bug equipped with stingers are hazardous to my health. Needless to say, that ladybug infestation in my dorm room this past winter had me screaming and cursing at the things most every night, and I went through an entire box of tissues just to kill the things.

The only bugs I won't kill are the aforementioned ones with stingers. Facing them, I will beat a hasty retreat.

Artic.uno
April 6th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Eh, depends what bug. If it's a mosquito I go "There's a mosquito in the room..." and try kill it. Multiple times. But if it's a cockroach I pretty much freak out. Ants, not too much.

Once again, it depends what bug. Not a cockroach, to be honest I would be too freaked out to kill it. Mosquitoes, yes. Ants & spiders... yes. Not afraid of them though. I don't kill garden insects though. Well except the mosquitoes that sometimes gather around plants. xD And believe it or not, I used to have a fear of butterflies when I was young.

I've kept several grasshoppers and caterpillars before. It would be so fun to set the butterflies out of the box when they had finished growing, haha. We also set grasshoppers free after a while.

ShinjisLover
April 6th, 2010, 02:41 AM

Yes, I do.Around me, in a 50 foot radius of me, on me, et cetera. I flip out. D= I hate those creepy crawlies! >< But, I must say, I simply adore praying mantises and caterpillars. =3 As long as the caterpillar is a Western Tent Caterpillar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tent_caterpillar). XD Or even a Banded Wooly Bear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrharctia_isabella). <3 Über cute!

No way! D= Not unless it's a fly/mosquito/flea. =3 Then fly/mosquito/flea be gone! >3 But other than flies/mosquitoes/fleas, I normally try to set the bug free outside. If that fails, THAT'S when I just kill it. Poor bug. =( I really don't enjoy killing them. .

A couple of caterpillars once, but that's it I believe.

Alexithymia~
April 6th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Depends. I don't really like flying things [expept ladybirds] and I don't really like spiders either. Certain beetles can be cute. :3

I always ask my mum to do it, I don't really like it.. I might miss and they might get angry and come and kill me with their stingers, poison, etc. ;;

I kept a cute grasshopper in my room for a while, but it jumped away :[

Corvus of the Black Night
April 6th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I'm known to freak out if I hear a slight buzzing near my head - I have a huge phobia of bees and wasps, and it's better to be safe than sorry o.o

Galukxy
April 6th, 2010, 08:22 AM
No i'm not but if it's a spider or daddy long legs then I will panic or squash the damn things
because i'm scared of them, but i'm not wanting to keep a insect as a pet no chance.

Aureol
April 6th, 2010, 08:40 AM
-Not really. I keep my distance, but I definitely don't scream, panic or anything else.

Depends. Mosquitos and spiders yes, everything else I would tend to just relocate.

Uh... no. Nor do I ever plan to.

Bugs have such pathetically short life-spans anyways that it doesn't bother me to kill them, but if it's not too much trouble I'll just move them.

Klippy
April 6th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I hate spiders only. There was one in my bed (a deadly one) back in...4th or 5th grade and I've never been able to stand them anymore. Haha.

Other bugs, I don't mind though. Except ants and bees.

Caelus
April 6th, 2010, 10:25 AM

Yes, especially if they are bees or wasps.

If I could, yes.

I kept a Japanese Beetle or something for a day or two, but it died. Aside from that, not at all.

Eпvy
April 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Bugs really disgust me and I would never ever touch them. With that said I also don't really like to kill them. With the exception of mosquitoes and roaches (my sister brought them over from an apartment she stayed at. >_<), I really don't kill them.

The most disgusting kind to me is moths. Moths really creep me out.