PDA

View Full Version : I said get out of my chair you idiot! D=

Cheesymitten
April 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hooray for another pointless OVP thread title!

Well yes the time has come to answer whether or not you are really that specific about where you sit, whether it be at home, school, the park, a table, the swimming pool, sun loungers etc.

Do you have a chair that you always sit on at breakfast/lunch/dinner etc?
If someone else is in your chair what would you do?
Do you get upset if someone is sitting in your chair?

...?

.hack
April 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Do you have a chair that you always sit on at breakfast/lunch/dinner etc? Of course everyone in out family does =D
If someone else is in your chair what would you do? Say "move" with evil eyes >=]
Do you get upset if someone is sitting in your chair? Yeah Dx

BHwolfgang
April 6th, 2010, 03:17 PM
No, not really. There is only two chairs in our kitchen, and I just pick a random one. If someone else is sitting on a chair, then I'll just sit on another. However, if both chairs are occupied, then there's going to be a problem.

This happens mostly in school, rather than at home. There was always this table that my friends and I used to hang around. Then, a couple of Sophomores took over. There was a big arguement, and we eventually had to find a new spot.

Jordan
April 6th, 2010, 05:03 PM
The chair around the house moves every now and then, so I don't have a particular place I prefer to sit in. In fact, I prefer to meander around if I could. At school, since I'm eating less in the cafeteria since I bring my own lunch nowadays, I eat in the Physics room while looking over lessons. While there, I also change where I sit on a daily basis. I suppose since I don't have a preference, the final two questions are surplus to requirements.

Ayselipera
April 6th, 2010, 06:11 PM
No I like to switch it up. At dinner though we usually have a certain seating arrangement, but sometimes my brother and I switch spots just for fun.

Find another chair. If it's in school though I'll ask them to move.

Not upset just annoyed when it happens in school.

Captain Hobo.
April 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM
1. Yes I do.
2. I as then to please move.
3. Sometimes other times I just move.

Izanagi
April 6th, 2010, 06:23 PM
It only happens at school. There's this table, where my friends and I sit, and we call it "The Table". It's where we discuss our most dire and secret discussions, and the only reason we'd let you sit there is if we're not discussing something private, or if you're trusted. Then this dude, Caleb, who sits at the table, invites this 6th grade douche, Michael, to sit there. After a couple of months he beat it though.

Oh yeah! The biggest problem with Michael being there is that he had to take my seat!! And I'm the "leader" of the table!! Raaagh!!

.hack
April 6th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Sometimes my brother and I switch spots just for fun.

I don't wanna seem like a prick here but, how is that fun?

TwilightBlade
April 6th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I am meh to chairs (although I fuss if underclassmen steal our lunch tables, mkay). My name is not on the chair, so I cannot really do much.

However, I go ballistic when someone (dirty/smelly) sits on my bed, especially on my pillow, because, you know, I do not want anyone's butt on where I rest my head.

Saryka
April 6th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Yup. It's pretty much my regular chair. I eat all three meals at that same exact spot every day. At school, it's the same deal. We have our regular table, my friends and I, and we sit there every day.

I don't, like, get upset, but I kind of find it annoying, haha. :P

Again, I find it annoying. However, I get more upset if kids at school take mine and my friends' spots.

TrinityLimit
April 6th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Nope. I have 5.

Say excuse me and politely tell them to move.

No, most of the time i'm nice enough to let them keep my seat.

i have manners. lol.

luf100
April 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Not really at home, but at my Nannie's house, where we go every weekend, we always have dinner, and we ALWAYS sit together at the table and eat it, and we aaalways sit in the same spots. I wouldn't necessarily get mad if someone was sitting where I sit, but I'd feel annoyed and it would feel weird to sit somewhere else.

At home, I sit in the chair in the living room usually, instead of on the couch, and if my brother gets to it before me, I get maaad. That even happens in the car if I'm not driving and have to sit in the back seat. I always sit on the passengers side and if my brother decides for some reason that he wants to sit on that side, it kinda pisses me off. xD

Hantsuki
April 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Yes. I am especially possessive about my parking spot at college. I park in the same spot everyday and I get there quite early, so most students park on the opposite side near the stairs/elevator because they are lazy. What I particularly like about my spot is that I can easily back in, so it's easy to leave when I'm in a hurry to just get out of there. Plus, there's a lot of room on my right side, so I go over the line quite a bit, so the person parking on my left side will have plenty of room and they won't "accidentally" hit my door or something.

I sit in the same seats in my classes everyday too, at least, when someone else doesn't decide to randomly sit there for fun, but most people are afraid someone would get mad at them for taking their seat. That's why I don't like changing seats either. : x

As for seating at home, which this thread seems to mainly talk about, there's only me and my dad at home, so it's not like we're going to fight over a chair or something. Sometimes, when I'm sitting in my dad's "spot," he'll tell me to move over, but it's not like I sit on the couch that often since I don't really watch television anymore. I'm usually on my laptop or reading.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 6th, 2010, 09:16 PM
At home my parents make me sit in the same spot. On campus, I sit at whatever spot isn't disgusting and doesn't have other people's food crumbs, etc. on it.

Sit somewhere else. I didn't decide where to sit, my parents did :P If they want the seat next to the hot stove, they can have it.

Not really.

Mattysaurus
April 6th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I don't really have a chair that's mine.

Going by what TwilightBlade said, I have this seat in computer class that I've had since the begining of the school year and thn this smelly kid comes and sits in it the period before me. So when I have to deal with it I'm just like wtf. >___>

Alexithymia~
April 7th, 2010, 04:03 AM
I have a certain chair in a lot of my classes and I don't like it when people steal my chair. I know it's only a chair but I get the best views of the board, etc. [I always carefully plan where I sit so I can see well]

I also have a place at the dinner table. Right next to my brother. It's weird when I have to sit somewhere else when we have guests round. I'm stuck on the other side against the wall and it's not as easy to get around to clear the plates and such. ;;

Saltare.
April 7th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Breakfast:No.
Lunch@School: Yes.
Lunch@home:My special chair on the balcony that reclines...haha
Dinner:No.
Get a new chair.
No. But this chick Summer got PISSED when I took her chair in Science and she screamed at the top of her lungs "GIVE ME MY CHAIR BACK!"

Sonikku
April 7th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Typicly.
Sit elsewere duh!
Why, it's just a chair?

Brittani
April 7th, 2010, 06:27 AM
well at school during lunch time i have a table that i always sit at every single day and at the same spot.

It depends who they were, but if someone took my seat i would politely ask them to move because this is where i usually sit. if they wouldn't move then we've got a problem. if its someone i didnt like then i would say "move...now" and then give them the evil stare until they got up and moved, i really do not like people taking my seat D=<

Ivysaur
April 7th, 2010, 10:47 AM
We have two chairs and two sofas for two people so we pretty much have them assigned XD If more people come to eat, we just bring out more chairs.
But, when my step-dad comes, he always sits on my sofa. I used to get angry when I was a kid, but nowadays I just sit on my mom's, which is large enough for two people. Of course, when he goes out, I quickly go back to it XD

インフェルノの津波
April 7th, 2010, 11:06 AM
If someone took my chair, and it was the only one left, oh boy there would be problems.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind(unless it's sitting next to a stinky or bad person, ugh).

Honest
April 7th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Breakfest: No
Lunch at school: Yes
Dinner: No

At lunch, I'd tell them to get off

Naaah.

curiousnathan
April 8th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Yes but only for breakfast and dinner not for lunch. Sheesh I fell like a baby, but my dad n mum have thier own spots too. And of course dad gets the best of everything, the best view of the TV!

Well it depends who it is. If it is a visitor or another adult or family friend I don't say anything, but if it is my sister of my parents however, I will kidnly ask them to move if not then watch out..

No, just very annoyed escpecially at school. Me and my friend had a heated argument over those nice comfy plastic sciece chairs.

Saltare.
April 8th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Yes but only for breakfast and dinner not for lunch. Sheesh I fell like a baby, but my dad n mum have thier own spots too. And of course dad gets the best of everything, the best view of the TV!

So I'm not the only one! My dad is JUST like that.