PDA

View Full Version : Question: Posting Benefits

Yusshin
April 6th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Donators get benefits; I know at 5000 posts, non-donators get a blog.

Are there other benefits to posts?

flight
April 6th, 2010, 07:40 PM
You have a larger postcount. :D

Other than that, not necessarily.

Noah Ridgewood
April 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM
The joy and satisfaction of contributing to the community.

Melody
April 6th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Well, aside from the 15 post milestone that removes that annoying restriction preventing you from posting links or images and the 5000 post milestone that unlocks the blog facility for you, no. There are no other perks to getting posts beyond increasing an arbitrary counter which means absolutely nothing.

Fact of the matter is, you're supposed to have fun socializing here at PC within the rules of course. Post count doesn't matter to anyone who is worth caring about. XD

Yusshin
April 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah, true xD but I was curious, because I see some individuals with smaller icons and some with bigger icons, and I assumed it was because their posts counts were small / large respectively.

:s I guess they just choose tiny images?

Drew
April 6th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, true xD but I was curious, because I see some individuals with smaller icons and some with bigger icons, and I assumed it was because their posts counts were small / large respectively.

:s I guess they just choose tiny images?

That just comes from either being a Supporter or being a staff member. As a Supporter, depending on how much you donate, you'll be able to use bigger avatars, profile pictures, and can also set background images on your profile layout.

& Staff members, by default, are able to upload the largest picture sizes.

Yusshin
April 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I was disregarding staff and supporters; the normal members sometimes have larger or smaller images. I'm assuming that it's because they choose smaller images, then.

So the only benefit, other than contributing, is a blog at 5k, right?

Rukario
April 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Also, if you don't use a custom User Title, it changes based on how many posts you make.. that's all PC has for now.

Yusshin
April 6th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Ah, oki. Thanks for clearing that up :]