PDA

View Full Version : Do you use google to look for stuff?

Captain Hobo.
April 6th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Well, sometimes I do it when I need to know how to spell something or when I am looking for a forum.

Sorry if this is made.

poopnoodle
April 6th, 2010, 10:00 PM
i do to see if i am spelling a word right and when i dont feel like adding ".com" to the end of a website.

>Feelings<
April 7th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Actually, I use Google to do a lot of things.
I basically start doing everything from it. I use it a whole lot.

The first thing I do when I get on the internet is everyday is to go to Google.
From there, I go to all the other places I need to, search for thing like music, documents, pictures, writings - and I do that a lot.
I also use it to find out the meaning of an unknown word for a first bet using define:word search.

But for spelling, I've got my spell checker in Firefox. Otherwise, I use Google for that too sometimes.

deathcase
April 7th, 2010, 02:19 AM
i use it too much.. school, music, different websites etc.

loliwin
April 7th, 2010, 02:38 AM
I use google when I know a site but I dont know what it's called. :laugh: Search engines are godly creations. And I think google is the best of them all.

robobbiebob
April 7th, 2010, 02:48 AM
yeah i pritty much use google for everything!

Hybrid Trainer
April 7th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Yep, i use it for everything
but mostly in my it classes to find all the asnwers :P

Eon-Rider
April 7th, 2010, 07:26 AM
If there's something I don't know, I Google it. It's quite sad really but that's the truth.

aкισ
April 7th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Of course...

Google gets about a hundred visits from me a day XD

The Fame Monster
April 7th, 2010, 08:58 AM
no i use yahoo search its so much better

shot571
April 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM
yeah all the time. for pretty much anything.

BHwolfgang
April 7th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I don't use it that much. Well, not anymore after I bookmarked Wikipedia and Dictionary.

It still gets about fifty visits from me daily, however. :<

jolteon.
April 7th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Enh, a couple times. I hate it when I have a REALLY long question and don't know how to shorten it, so I don't know if writing something too long into the search box will find any answers for me. Then I never find out the answers and ask on a forum / people I know because you can actually talk to people about it and stuff.

Kobold Asylum
April 7th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Well I certainly do. I'd get banned or arrested naming half the stuff I use it for though.

Graceful
April 7th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I Use Google Every Day As....I Can't Stand Yahoo. Plus It Has Every Thing I Need As An Internet User.
Google = A Internet Users Best Friend. XD

twocows
April 7th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I use Scroogle SSL search. I don't like Google tracking my searches.

`Espeon
April 7th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I use Google for everything, but I rarely go to Google's homepage, since I have the Google Toolbar! :D

Silver
April 7th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Google is probably one of my most (ab)used websites. I mean, it's so convenient and easy to look up anything you want to know.

Alli
April 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah. I use Google Chrome as a browser, so why not use Google as a search engine? ;)

Saryka
April 7th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Every day. Hell, I probably have used Google in the past ten minutes for something.

Bluerang1
April 8th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Yes. For answers, to find free-ware etc. I just ate how they joined up with Youtube, just ruined something for me today. I was going to make a new account, but I think I wanted to use a new Hotmail account but it requested Goofle and something went wrong. So when I tried again, it said my username was in use which really annoyed me. So now I had to add "Mr" to the username >:[

Heart's Soul
April 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Google is third in my "top used sites" list. The first is PC and then my own forum.

The Silver Prince
April 8th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Yes. Most people need to use a search engine almost daily. Research shows that about 80% people in the world use Google; the rest use Bing and Yahoo.
I use Google for almost everything that pops into my mind.

akamichi
April 8th, 2010, 01:51 PM
of course I use google but only when im stuck or i just need help on something.

White Glint
April 8th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I don't know too many people who don't....lols

Yamikarasu
April 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I don't actually take the time to type "google.com," because who has that kind of time? I just type it into the address bar on Chrome, which is the same thing as doing a search on google.com. I use it a lot, mostly for spelling and definitions, but sometimes song lyrics or if someone told me "lol u should google this its hilarious lol."

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 8th, 2010, 09:06 PM
What on Earth is "Google"? Sounds like a synonym for a monocle...

Eeohnex
April 9th, 2010, 08:22 PM
It's the most reliable search engine for me out there, I love it. I use it everyday. It's amazing how helpful it is.

EmeraldSerenade
April 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
well, sometimes i do, but i prefer Yahoo! more ^^

The Cynic
April 10th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Of course! It's better than Bing, Yahoo, MSN, Ask, whatever...

Blue Trainer
April 14th, 2010, 05:34 AM
... when i dont feel like adding ".com" to the end of a website.

you know that with firefox, you can type in the address bar , for example:

'google'

and then hit ctrl+enter and it automatically adds '.com' and fetches the website...

Just thought I'd let ye know :)

I use Google when I'm searching for anything interesting or a wiki article...also for definitions and long calculations, measurement conversions etc...

Blue

Housegoog
April 16th, 2010, 10:42 AM
You are asking if i use the worlds most used search engine to find things i guess i have to answer yes!!!

AuroraHearts
April 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
i use google as an extra supply of oxygen!

that and for all my school work ;)

gossy
April 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Yea, without google, a lot more time would have to spent on homework LOL.

Eurydice
April 16th, 2010, 01:52 PM
ya i use google quite a bit, not so much anymore, but i still probably go there at least 50+ times a day.

tnguye3
April 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I find google extremely useful, as I use it for everything, music, pictures, information, guides, tutorials...everything, and for some reason I like it more than Yahoo or Ask, cause I usually get the results I want from Google. :P

Gary, the Magic Fairy
April 16th, 2010, 02:05 PM
you know that with firefox, you can type in the address bar , for example:

'google'

and then hit ctrl+enter and it automatically adds '.com' and fetches the website...

Just thought I'd let ye know :)

I use Google when I'm searching for anything interesting or a wiki article...also for definitions and long calculations, measurement conversions etc...

Blue
That isn't just a Firefox feature, Chrome does the exact same thing, as does Opera... and Internet Explorer.

I don't use Google. I prefer to use either Bing or Yahoo. They seem to give more... useful results, but that's just me. I have Bing set as my default search engine, so I generally just type whatever into the address bar and then hit enter. I generally go for an IMDb search if it's about TV, movies, or an actor, or if it's something that that I know will have a Wikipedia page, I'll search there first.