PDA

View Full Version : Are you afraid of spiders?

ShinyTreecko
April 7th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Title says it all.

I realy don't know why I fear spiders so much, but if a big spieder is in my room, and I can't remove it or find it, I am not able to sleep in that room, or even stay there longer than some seconds. To be honest, I can't even rmeove it myself. I was never bitten by a spider, neither was I harmed by one. I fear spiders since I am born! :)

How about you?

Kind regards, David

ShinyTreecko
April 7th, 2010, 02:05 PM
@ yo dog: You were too fast to vote! Anyways, can someone correct the error in my poll? "I don't wantt o touch them neither!" is wrong, it should be "I don't want to touch them neither!"

Izanagi
April 7th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Oh... I completely despise the abominations. The mere thought of them sends tingles riveting down my spine.

Ayselipera
April 7th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Hahaha, this reminds me of someone I know. :)

In general I'm not afraid of spiders. I like the fact that they eat all the other bugs that I can't stand. The only time I may get a little freaked out is when I'm just sitting minding my own business and one comes down on a thread in front of my face. The only other thing that makes me a little iffy is when a spider is larger then I'd like it to be. In that case I conveniently move it back into it's natural habitat. :D

If it's outside though I just walk by it.

Mattysaurus
April 7th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I'm not afraid of seeing spiders.. as long as they are behind a plane of glass.
I don't want them jumping on me and getting their hairy legs on me. EW. D:<

Timbjerr
April 7th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Spiders are awesome. They eat other, more annoying insects so that they don't kill us. :D

If they're a small spider, I'll let it crawl over me if it wants, just to show that I appreciate the good job it does killing the evil insects. <3

Caelus
April 7th, 2010, 02:36 PM
As long they aren't near me I'm okay with them for the most part. It's when they're right next to me when I freak out a bit.

BHwolfgang
April 7th, 2010, 02:44 PM
UGH. Don't get me started with spiders.

They're disgusting; if it wasn't for them eating bugs, I would've killed the lot by now. I freak out whenever there is spider webs on me. I just get this feeling that the spider is also on my clothing. This freaks me out the most.

My friend has a pet spider, and I can't stand it. Their creepy eyes and fangs... UGH.

Captain Hobo.
April 7th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I am only afraid of big spiders. Small ones I don't care.

The Fame Monster
April 7th, 2010, 02:57 PM
i am afraid if they are near me. if not i dont care

インフェルノの津波
April 7th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I they are near me, I would try to not kill them. But....if they're too close, buh-bye.

700 posts yes!

Hybrid Trainer
April 7th, 2010, 03:20 PM
I absolutely hate them there unatural with there 8 legs and there multiply eyes.
However i wont kill one. i mean it hasnt hurt me has it?
but if it does its getting traped under a glass and drowned in the sink *insert evil laught here*

akamichi
April 7th, 2010, 03:24 PM
spiders i don't mind but if there like the 8 legged daddy long legs then those freak me out.

TrinityLimit
April 7th, 2010, 04:04 PM
i'm not afraid of them, only the poisonous ones xD
if i see one though, i usually kill it right away :/

RivalGator
April 7th, 2010, 04:27 PM
I am absolutely petrified by spiders. I always have been. I think it's the fact that I can't see their eyes and they stand so perfectly still, I can't tell what they are going to do. Some of them can jump, some bite, and some are poisonous. Very scary. I can't sleep either if one is in my room. Sometimes I'll freeze in spot for about 15 minutes just staring at a spider if i see it on the wall. I have to catch my breath to actually be able to move away from it.

poopnoodle
April 7th, 2010, 04:30 PM
no way, i love spiders. i've wanted a pet tarantula for awhile, now im in a rat phase... maybe one day i will have both, that would be ideal.

Quesclamation
April 7th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Ever since I heard a story about a cockroach crawling into someone's ear while they were sleeping and getting stuck there.. I've never really liked any type of.. "creepy crawly".

Melody
April 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I hate spiders. I don't mind them if they're outside, but if they're inside somewhere I'm going to be, I'm going to knock out the web and squish the spider.

While they are indeed fascinating, I don't like the idea of being bitten by one. >_>

Eurydice
April 7th, 2010, 06:53 PM
i hate them! they are so disgusting and creepy.

Binary
April 7th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Unlike some other creepier bugs, no I'm not afraid of them. I think they're natural and somewhat beautiful except some. But if a spider were to suddenly jump on my back, that would be a thought..

Stan the man
April 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM
i hate spiders once in the middle of a test i stood up screaming stomping on one continuesly..... Im a guy.

Dukey
April 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't say I've got a fear of them, but yeah they aren't great xD

After hearing that you swallow like one spider a year in your sleep or something like that I was pretty paranoid about them but yeah xD

Artic.uno
April 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I don't fear them and I'm not afraid to touch them.
...Touch referring to kill them.

Well, of course not the humongous ones xD;

Cherrim
April 7th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I love spiders. I think a lot of them are cute! I'd love a tarantula one day. :'D

I will still kill them sometimes, especially if I'm with someone who can't stand them and I also don't uuuuusually like to keep them in the room. If I see one I'll take it outside in the summer but in the winter I'll just kill it since it'd die outside anyway. u_u;

Anxiety.
April 7th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I used to be scared of spiders. But now I don't mind them. They don't bother me and I wont bother them, we co-exist peacefully. However, I don't like how they feel if they walk on my bare skin, probably because my skin is rather sensitive, as in, if something is near me that I can't control I tend to twitch.

So I can't pick one up, but they don't bother me.

Jayster23
April 8th, 2010, 01:03 AM
I'm scared of anything with more than 4 legs. So the 8 legs just creep me out. The venom is another reason why i fear them.

Needle
April 8th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Yes I am really afraid of spiders :s I hate them well only the big ones like the tarantula. :s

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu
April 8th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I am an Arachnaphobic so yeh I hate spiders...

ShinyTreecko
April 8th, 2010, 07:44 AM
This is the spider i fear the most: (Tegenaria atrica)

http://www.european-arachnology.org/esy08/pics/tegenaria_atrica_large.jpg (http://www.european-arachnology.org/esy08/pics/tegenaria_atrica_large.jpg)

If I have that thing in my room I'll have a sleepless night :(

Bluerang1
April 8th, 2010, 08:28 AM
2nd option fits me perfectly. I don't see what to fear when you can stomp on them but I don;t like touching creepy crawlies either xD

Code
April 8th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I was bit by a poisonous spider in Australia. O.o
But I don't fear them, they're awesome!
I can even touch them! as long as they ain't poisonous....XD

mondays suck
April 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I don't care about spiders of regular size sitting on my wall, but when I see a bigger and/or moving one, I usually get the fly swat. I wouldn't say I have a phobia of them, I just don't want them in my room.

hiphiphippo
April 8th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Sometimes I'll freeze in spot for about 15 minutes just staring at a spider if i see it on the wall. I have to catch my breath to actually be able to move away from it.

it's the same for me! and if there's no one else around to kill it i pace around the room (from a distance) and eventually leave after like 10 min ;-; same with other bugs.. but if it's a big one i just scream and run away

i hate spiders once in the middle of a test i stood up screaming stomping on one continuesly..... Im a guy.

LOL xD

and after seeing that picture up there i'm afraid to scroll back up ;-;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 8th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I'm not scared of them as much as I'm disgusted by them. Either way, I don't want them around my house/dorm/food/whatever.

Honest
April 8th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I flinch whenever I see one, but I wont run away. And if I get an adrenaline rush, I might even pick it up. xD

Hantsuki
April 8th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Nah. I'm not afraid of the average size spider, but something like camel spiders is a different story.

Jordan
April 8th, 2010, 06:34 PM
It largely depends on the size of the spider itself, and whether or not I know if it's poisonous. For the most part, though, spiders don't strike fear in me. Or at least not as much as slimy wiggly creatures, brrrghgh.

deliriouspurple
April 9th, 2010, 04:39 AM
I hate spiders, I fear them alot. Especially when they get near to you or just move o: I just can't stand it with their creepy legs. :s

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 9th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I eat spiders for breakfast... So no.

Graceful
April 9th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes, And YES! XD I Freak Out At The Tiniest Spider Sometimes. O_o

Ambellina
April 9th, 2010, 05:29 AM
YES D: I freak out when I see them >_< I've always been afraid of them T_T *shudders* nasty!

ShinyTreecko
April 9th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Nah. I'm not afraid of the average size spider, but something like camel spiders is a different story.

Did you know camel spiders are, in fact, no spiders :)

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8215/camelspiderflytying.jpg

However, they do freak me out too :O

Galukxy
April 9th, 2010, 05:45 AM
I don't like spiders but I don't hate them either, I just don't like the way they move or crawl around they are just so creepy.
I think that is one thing I am most afraid of is spiders and snakes are another thing I do not want to go near.

masterlink
April 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
im kinda affraid but sometimes i can smash them! but when it is sudden like its in front of you i creep out

ReddishDegree
April 9th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I don't like spiders at all the are like so just not real. but if one isn't that big i don't mind but if it is to big for me......... lets just say no more spider

Conan Edogawa
April 9th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I don't mind spiders, I've had a tarantula sit on my head with no problems. I can see why people hate them/are scared of them, but really it's irrational. They're little animals that are just trying to survive with no malicious reasons for their actions at all.

Lucy Lu
April 10th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Omg, I really am scared of spiders. >_< They are nasty and gross. If one crawled on me...I am dead for real.

Wings Don't Cry
April 11th, 2010, 12:16 AM
I'm afraid of spiders but I fear them in a way that if I don't kill it I fear that it my kill me, so it's kinda like a game of chicken but the opposite idea.

Distortion World
April 11th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I rather face a snake than a spider anyday!

Spiders are the creepiest things to walk on this earth, but as much as i'd love to get rid of it. I don't touch just out of fear of it getting on me.

But the funny thing is, I still like using Spinarak/Ariados without a shred of fear XD.

Yusshin
April 11th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Yes, ever since my brother got bitten and had a swollen hand when he was 9 (I was 5). It traumatized me lol :s then I hallucinated spiders.

Whenever I see a black one or a skeleton one (daddy long-leg) walking on the wall or floor, I start freaking out.

One even crawled on my chest while I was sleeping, and when I woke up, it was staring at me. I screamed.

xPsychosocial
April 14th, 2010, 06:48 PM
My god yes, don't like them. I never will. Just plain creepy!! :(

Prince_of_Light
April 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I hate them, and I kill them simply because i don't want them to get away and sneak up on me later.

My girlfriend is absolutely terrified of them though, because of a traumatic experience she had when she was a kid. Her and her mom were folding laundry and there was a gigantic wolf spider on one of the sheets they were folding. Somehow it got on her shoulder and she felt it but didn't know what it was. She picked it up like it was lint or something, then realized it was a spider and proceeded to FREAK. THE HECK. OUT.

My poor baby. D=

zmajevi
April 15th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Why wold anyone be afraid of those cute little useful things.
:t253:
:t167:

Toshiro.
April 17th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I don't like spiders at all. Never did. So yeah, they freak me out.

.hack
April 17th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I don't fear them but I certainly don't like touching them or love them. I see a spider and just generally continue about my business =3

Kotowari
April 17th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Hmm... can't say I hate them, can't say I love them.
I'm indifferent about spiders. Good, my heart skips a beat when I see one, because I did not expect one. Usually I mind my own business, or if it's a big one, I catch (with a bowl and sheet of paper) it and put it outside. Because otherwise it won't escape my mom's/sister's shoe or my cat's paws/teeth.
But there webs are really pretty though... specially covered in dew or rain. I watched a spider repair her web once. I was in "awe".

Suki
April 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM
No, unless they are the size of my hand... Actually, I fear them if they're dangling off a cobweb because I despise cobwebs and I don't know why.

AtomicoExploda
April 17th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I have a big arachnophobia (fear of spiders), I just can't help being afraid of them, whenever I think about them, I just get very cautious and look around. I'm not afraid of small thin ones much though, just the big, hairy ones I can't stand looking at. So yeah, I really don't like spiders.

Limey-chan
April 17th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I voted "I don't fear them but won't touch them".

I'm not scared of them per se, but I don't particularly like them. I tolerate them.

MarstheCar
April 17th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I find them adorable to a certain size. If I can see them clearly without my glasses, they're too big, and I must kill them.

Lawbsta
April 17th, 2010, 11:54 PM
I'm terribly afraid of them, I'm probably arachniphobic. I can't even look at pictures without freaking out. =S

Eucliffe
April 18th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Funny story.

One of my old friends had a mother who LOVED spiders. She was a biology professor at an all-girls college. Then, on December 30, 2007, she died in a scuba diving incident.

How does this relate, you may ask? Well, now, whenever I see a spider, I always act as though it's that person's mother (no reincarnation, but just a spiritual sign or something) and thus try to get it out safely. I'm not one for touching spiders (in case it might bite me ;_;), but I'm not afraid of them.