PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What kind of games do you play?

ShinyTreecko
April 8th, 2010, 01:55 AM
What kind of games do you play?

Personally, my favourite game type is simulation! I play Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and other simulation games, I however also play Roleplaying games like Pokémon. I am still waiting for an ultimate simulation game to come out, a game where you can build your own world and countries! :)

So what about you?

Kind regards, David :)

curiousnathan
April 8th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I really like osme fantasy games, and also some of the Adventure/strategy games are quite fun and interesting too. I really like all kinds of games so I like playing a mixed of games and having alot of fun doing whatever the game wants you to do - I hope you get the gist of that.

Timbjerr
April 8th, 2010, 03:37 AM
1) Adventure games like Zelda and Metroid

2) RPG games like Pokemon and Golden Sun

3) Strategy games like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics

I tend to stay far away from FPS and sports/racing games...not as much fun to me for some reason. o_0

Jayster23
April 8th, 2010, 03:55 AM
I like to play

1) Adventure
2) Fantasy
3) RPG's

What do Platformers go under?

Code
April 8th, 2010, 03:59 AM
I play....Everything. As long as people say the game is good, and it's not a movie licensed game, I'll play it. XD

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 8th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Strategy; so that I can hash out my plans for world domination, and simulate the thrill of conquest.

Cassino
April 8th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Space sims, turn-based strategy, both of which seem to have a roleplayng element. I've mostly gone off realtime strategy and shooters lately due to the recent strings of underwhelming games as they constantly try to revolutionise everything and, in my mind, fail. There are a lot of old games with fresh concepts that were never built upon, perhaps they should take after those instead.

Funnily enough, some of my favourite games are freeware, namely NAEV and Battleships Forever; I'd be keen to hear about others. No one likes paying for things, but no one likes breaking the law either. :)

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu
April 8th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I like adventure and RPG most, mainly pokemon but some others

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I play anything that features cute anime girls, though they have mostly been RPG's up to this point.

Izanagi
April 8th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Role Playing Games

Action Adventure

Simulations

thedestinedblade
April 8th, 2010, 09:40 AM
RPGs. I'm really a fanatic of the genre. Try to play anything from any system! :D

Of course, I play other genres too, but RPGs are what I prefer.

Binary
April 8th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I mostly play RPGs. Adventure and sport (mostly football/soccer) take second place though.

Silver
April 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm big into FPS and RPG's. =)

Captain Hobo.
April 8th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I play frist person shooter and sports games the most.

Jeremy
April 8th, 2010, 11:18 AM
No platformers, sweetie? =/ Well I'll play anything if it's fun, but these are the genre's I mostly favor towards:

Platforming, Fighting, Puzzle, and Adventure.

Ark Kuvis
April 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I can play anything if it appeals to me, really. American made RPGs and Shooters don't really do anything for me, but give me a mascot fighter, a JRPG, or any type of platformer, and I'm game.

Vnusaur
April 8th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I like playing Action, Adventure, Stradegy, & RPG.

TJgamer
April 8th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I like many different games. Mostly the ones by Nintendo, such as Mario, Pokémon, Kirby, and many others.
I don't prefer games that have mature material, such as blood, gore, sexual themes, scary moments, etc. That explains why First-person shooter is one of the only categories I didn't vote. Likewise simulation, but that's only because it's not interesting to me.

PokemonTrainerd
April 9th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I like playing love games ;)
I wanna kiss ya but iff i do then I might miss you babe
it es complicated and stoopid got my CENSOR squeezed by sexy cupid now i want it bad want it bad want it badYEAAAAAH!
Wanna play a love game? Do you want love? DO you want fame? Are u in the game in the game? In my love game. ;)
Uhm. . . This is probably spam :/ Sorry. T-T

Ricochet Orange
April 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Ehhh...
1. Action/Adventure (Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Kingdom Hearts, etc)
2. Simulation (Anything that uses customization really (Spore, LBP, etc)
3. RPG (Pokemon, Final Fantasy)

Ninja Caterpie
April 9th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Turn-based Strategy games are my favourite and I'm pretty darn good at them if you don't mind the time I took. But, uh, if it involves grinding, no.

I also love RPGs, but only if they're of the easy variety. I hate grinding.

That makes Adventure games and Platformers also some of my favourite, because I don't need to grind. =D

That and Layton. Layton is asdfghjklawesome.

(All in all, I think that just about means anything on a Nintendo console, lulz)

xPsychosocial
April 14th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I'll play most things, not too keen on sports games though. =\

.YAS.
April 18th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I play....Everything. As long as people say the game is good, and it's not a movie licensed game, I'll play it. XD

Yeah, same here. As long as they are good! :P
I love RPGs though

Epsikon Sato
April 18th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I'll play any game that entertains me, which are usually adventure games or fighting games.

TheBlackRose
April 18th, 2010, 07:27 PM
In all honesty -- I think I literally love all games.

Well - Close anyway. I think I enjoy any game that sponsors a life that is impossible. (i.e. I hate Guitar Hero). Really -- I play (and own MANY games) but I think I dislike Mainstream half the time; Guitar Hero, Modern Warfare, World of Warcraft.

Other words, It depends on what I'm in the mood for! :D

zephzer
April 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
First Person Shooters
and
Role Playing Games

Houndour2004
April 19th, 2010, 12:15 PM
RPG, Fantasy Adventure and Racing.

SkyKnight
April 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I like all games, but my favorite kind are RPGs. I'm also good at puzzle, racing, and strategy games =P

Xebelleon
April 19th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Role Playing
Racing
Fighting (not Street Fighter or MK)
Action/Adventure
Puzzle

I prefer third-person RPGs.
Racing game should have cops and houses.
Fighting preference is Soul Calibur and Power Stone.
Action/Aventure I like are Lara Crofts, Uncharteds, GTA series (action).

Puzzle games I enjoy are Columns, Tetris, Bejeweled, Dr. Mario, Lemmings, and BreakOut. Also enjoy newspaper Sudoku and crossword puzzles.

vibratingcat
May 14th, 2010, 12:03 AM
i usually like playing..
fighting - mainly 2d ones
role playing - usually action rpgs
platformer
adventure - though mainly platform adventures
though i do play games of almost all genres, those listed r what i usually play.

Sosuke Aizen
May 16th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Roleplaying, strategy, fantasy, puzzel, and fighting games(like Bleach Shattered Blade).

KnilShadowLink
May 16th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I enjoy many different kinds of games...I love RPGs, Action, Adventure, Strategy, Fantasy, Platformer, I also enojy some simulation games...I'm not a really big fan of FPS (Although there are some exceptions), erm I hate sports games (Excluding the Mario themed ones xD)...

Macy123
May 16th, 2010, 06:02 PM
FPS and RPG. I can't stand sports games.

Neurotripsy
May 20th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I play all of the ones mentioned in the poll! Though I'm not so fond of fantasy & I only like the cutesy sports games. I think I like RPGs & first-person shooters best.

Kinarii
May 20th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Action Adventure is by far my favorite genre. Nearly all my favorite game franchises are part of it.

I actually don't like any other turn-based games besides Pokemon; I generally dislike the format and prefer to just thwack the enemies in real-time, and would rather only have to manage one character instead of balancing a whole party. It's a darn mystery why I like Pokemon so much. Western RPGs are neat, though, 'cause you still get the leveling element but without the other bits.

I'm not interested in guns and war or sci-fi themes, so I'm not into FPS games, and as with most genres I don't play (Fighting, RTS, Racing, etc.) I'm rather awful at them. I do like some good ol' Goldeneye or Borderlands, though. Their multiplayer stuff is fun as hell :3

Old-school platformers are fun (albeit pretty tough), and I do play the occasional puzzler (usually some form of Mahjong or word games, and of course Tetris). 'Communal' games like Mario Party are fun too, if I get people I can play with.

As someone who doesn't like sports I can't say that I have any care for the video game versions, either, though I did like playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour (I think 2004?) with my dad, brothers, and sometimes cousins. We'd get pretty wacky despite it being, well, golf X3

whodathunk
May 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
i like all game genre, athough i would prefer RPG or first person shooters

MiniM00se
May 20th, 2010, 08:03 PM
What kind of games do you play?

Personally, my favourite game type is simulation! I play Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and other simulation games, I however also play Roleplaying games like Pokémon. I am still waiting for an ultimate simulation game to come out, a game where you can build your own world and countries! :)

So what about you?

Kind regards, David :)

WAIT!! I WANNA CHANGE MY VOTE!!! I didn't know RCT3 was a simulation game! Well, actually, I just didn't think of it. And what is Spore considered? Roleplaying? Simulation?

donavannj
May 20th, 2010, 08:30 PM
WAIT!! I WANNA CHANGE MY VOTE!!! I didn't know RCT3 was a simulation game! Well, actually, I just didn't think of it. And what is Spore considered? Roleplaying? Simulation?

Spore qualifies as a simulation game. (b'-')b

As for me, I prefer simulation and strategy, but I will play any game if it's good.

RyanGT
May 21st, 2010, 03:07 AM
I play all types of games. RPG, Fighting, Racing, Sports, Action, FPS, basically anything that looks fun.

Danikamakaze
May 21st, 2010, 03:27 AM
Blood. Gore. Head shots. Character building. Zombies. Fantasy Themes. Horror. Guns. Jarheads. Aliens. Monsters.

My favourite game so far (other than Pokemon) would have to be Fallout 3, followed by Alien VS Predator.

I dunno, I like all kind of games but, I like games with mostly what I've written above :3

RyanGT
May 21st, 2010, 08:19 AM
Blood. Gore. Head shots. Character building. Zombies. Fantasy Themes. Horror. Guns. Jarheads. Aliens. Monsters.

My favourite game so far (other than Pokemon) would have to be Fallout 3, followed by Alien VS Predator.

I dunno, I like all kind of games but, I like games with mostly what I've written above :3

Fallout 3 is such a great game. One of my favorites as well. I am currently trying to beat it for the third time, and I just recently downloaded all of the DLC packs for the game. Do you play on PS3, 360, or PC?

chikorita125
May 21st, 2010, 09:03 AM
Total War Medievil 2 and Empire Earth 2 was the best game i played

Eternal Nightmare
May 21st, 2010, 09:46 AM
No platformers, sweetie? =/ Well I'll play anything if it's fun.

I'm with Jeremy I will play any game as long as its fun. I tend to gravitate towards adventure, fighting, platformer, and RPG.

Adventure games such as Legend of Zelda but also adventure/shooters like Metroid

Fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, the Super Smash bros series, and Tekken. I could name quite a list fighting games I love for this genre.

Platformer like Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Ristar

RPGs like Final Fantasy, Pokemon, and Golden Sun

I'm really not fond of FPS games. Most of the time it is like the same thing over and over and plus that is what the majority of games for the Xbox are.

Oh does beat em up count as a genre if so Streets of Rage :D.

SacredMiKeY
May 25th, 2010, 04:22 AM
rpgs,platformers,FPS's,and adventures