PDA

View Full Version : Strangest name.

Jubilation
April 8th, 2010, 03:43 AM
What is the strangest name you've encountered in real life?

Jayster23
April 8th, 2010, 04:05 AM
I guess it would be Vladimir. It's not really a common name so it's kinda strange

Tox
April 8th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Jonk. It took me three weeks to figure out that he was a boy. xD He looks so neutral, from his haircut, to his facial features, to his clothes. We finally figured it out when someone spotted the Adam's Apple. Then he talked. Some girls have manly voices though so you'd never know. xD Anyway, yeah. That's probably the strangest name I've heard. Well, on someone I've seen first-hand anyway.

The Fame Monster
April 8th, 2010, 04:33 AM
there is a girl in my chemistry class named la-a. pronounced ladasha.

インフェルノの津波
April 8th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Um....

I think Mickey. No really, that was HER name.

Galukxy
April 8th, 2010, 04:51 AM
My name! no not really I think the strangest name I have ever heard was a boys name in my class called Eizekiel

Saltare.
April 8th, 2010, 05:02 AM
It's not really strange but my friend's name is Blade. I just never heard of a guy being named Blade.

Guillermo
April 8th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Moses. Most epic name ever, lul.

Ninja Caterpie
April 8th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Google "celebrity kids".

That's all you ever need.

Timbjerr
April 8th, 2010, 05:50 AM

lol, this reminds me of a girl in my high school named "Ra'na"...pronounced just like the relatively common feminine name "Renee"

Kids in high school can be cruel, though. Certain Hispanic kids took the opportunity to poke fun at her because of how ugly she was and the word "rana" in Spanish translates to "frog". XD

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 8th, 2010, 05:54 AM
John Smith - really knocked me off my feet, when I first heard of such a preposterous name.

Ayselipera
April 8th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Well I know a girl named Charlee and a boy named Vasilius.

That's about as weird as it gets around here...

Ray Maverick
April 8th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Since I live in the country of weirdness, what about "Nikanoros" or "Afroxylanth"?
XD

LilacArcanine
April 8th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Gershon.

The guy who wrote Popcorn was called that. I wanna name my kid that :D

Blue Nocturne
April 8th, 2010, 09:03 AM
A guy in my Economics class called Muhammad Mohammed, I know its one of the most popular names on the planet, but thats a bit much.

In second place for me was this girl who used to be in my Science and Art lessons, who honest to god was called Audio.

LilacArcanine
April 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM
This isn't from RL experience (and I hope it never will be), but I seem to recall seeing Sasuke on a baby name website. Really.

Pokeyomom
April 8th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Chaos. No joke... He lives up to his name 2:D

It's not really strange but my friend's name is Blade. I just never heard of a guy being named Blade.

What!? What about Wesley Snipes?

Confuse
April 8th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Some friends of mine have a friend named Perpetual, who I've met.

She doesn't seem that perpetual...

Ichigo_Kurosaki
April 8th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Shakeba. 'nuff said
FILLER

shinx95
April 8th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Meh, I remember this one kid, gah... What was his name.... It was like.... Hm..... I think it was something like Reed Reed Reed, I know that he had the same first, middle, and last name and that it started with an R... Dang it I can't remember but I think that it was Reed Reed Reed.....

Kamakazai
April 8th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I know a guy name Jomark from my math class.

Feign
April 8th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Mickel (guy)
Nevin (guy)
Mike Hunt (guy)
Deiselblaze (guy)
Tequila (girl)

(I kid you not)

SkyKnight
April 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Pockets. Yup, that is her name...but she's awesome! =D It's a funny story as to why her parents named her that too... XD

Gulpin
April 8th, 2010, 02:29 PM

I've met and heard of many people damed la-a ^^

Also, there is a guy in my class name 'Field', and 'Nguyen Nguyen' (same first and last name.)

Gumball Watterson
April 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Since I am used to being around many minorities, I don't usually find the Indu/Arab/African names too weird. In fact, when I first heard of DragonForce I though their (ex)Singer ZP Theart had a weird name... I thought that was just a nick and he didn't want to release his real name... but is seriously is his name o_0'. In fact, I still think it's a weird name.

Since we are in the topic of names: Awesomest Name == Dave Mackintosh. DragonForce Drummer. I'm sorry but you can't help but think about how awesome that name sounds for a drummer.

Jesh
April 8th, 2010, 02:47 PM
India, China, Jakobe. I live in the country lol :|

BJ is a guys name. not nickname. name. D:

Yamikarasu
April 8th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I have a friend who's name is Jaerok (pronounced jay-rock). I wouldn't say it's extremely unusual but it's probably the coolest name ever. Whenever we're at somebody's house and he has to leave we're like:

"Who rocks the party?"

"Jaerok's the party!"

"YEAH!!!"

We're just weird like that. :D

donavannj
April 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Um...

Miles (probably pretty common)
Tregg
My own name (Donavann)
Dain
Seedy
Lianné (with the accent)
Josh (this is his full first name - not Joshua, just Josh).

And I think that's it for interesting/strange/unusual names.

TrinityLimit
April 8th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Thanasis.
I learned that its greek. that kid had an interesting name..

Syndrome
April 8th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Liqidaja. Pronounced, Liqi (as in liquid) and daja (as in IDK what)

Yes this confused me the first 4 times I heard it too.

Esper
April 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I knew a guy named Orion, like the constellation. Not that weird, but pretty uncommon.

Zoeyluver
April 8th, 2010, 06:12 PM
My friend a girl her name is Dykeian, people use to bag her name.
The word Dyke (means lesbian)

.Fenris
April 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I've met someone with the name of Duke Mortaias, at first, I thought he was an exchange student who was a Duke in his homeland.

bugcatcherjason
April 8th, 2010, 08:11 PM
There was a guy in my jazz class by the name of THOR.
Not too strange, but definitely interesting.

I also have a friend named Zefedee. It's a take on a biblical character.

reyzn
April 8th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Uhm, this isn't as weird as most of the names in the thread but I remember a girl from HS named "Princess" and "Kryzll" (I think this is pronounced 'Crystal').

Reflux
April 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Vadym, My name :3 *RUSSIA FTW*

Ambellina
April 8th, 2010, 08:41 PM
People say my name is strange (YES I really am using my real name as my user name XP)
But, I know a guy named Hoover :/ as in the vaccuum. XD

bugcatcherjason
April 8th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Also Hoover as in J. Edgar Hoover!

lul..

Platina Berlitz
April 8th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry Ambellina, but your name is pretty strange.
There was a girl in my creative writing class who's name was Pittz. People always made fun of her. It was really sad

Swift!
April 9th, 2010, 04:44 AM
The original spelling of my name is Caoimhghin. I'd say that's pretty... unique.

LilacArcanine
April 9th, 2010, 06:07 AM
I have an Irish name, not surprising as I come from an Irish family, but anyways.

People never pronounce it right or get it mixed up. I'm keeping it for that very reason :P

Oh, I forgot Stannah and Samson from my old school, brother and sister.

Alyssachu
April 9th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Google "celebrity kids".

That's all you ever need.

THIS IS SO TRUE! Celebrities tend to name their kids the strangest, rarest names. >_>

pokefuser
April 9th, 2010, 08:40 AM
the name of my french sir from Africa, Oula, pronounced oo-laa
strange?

Eurydice
April 9th, 2010, 04:41 PM
the only people i know with weird names are my best friend Jayleen.(i really like her name, its really unique.)
and my other friend Tanah

Algo Fonix
April 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I went to school with a guy named Kallel, which was all sorts of awesome.

JustinHolmes
April 9th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I haven't seen a lot of names but, the weirdest I know of is Zaid.

Yuukihime
April 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM
My dance teacher once told a story of two foreign parents who thought that America named your kids so they left their daughter name as " No Name" but it later became No Name where the e makes an "a" sound. (I can't make the little hyphen over the e >_<;)

Alseatao
April 9th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Haha I had a classmate named Hooklee, lol think that's the weirdest named individual I have ever met.

♣Gawain♣
April 9th, 2010, 10:35 PM
I had a friend named "Jacklord", which seems strange but noble.

Xebelleon
April 9th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Neighbors across the hall have a little toddler boy named:

Philnye

Phil. Nye. One word. Word.

Tyrantrum
April 9th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Well, I'm not sure how they're spelled but the weirdest names I've heard in real life.

DéShawn (day - shawn): In my Algebra II class; total douchebag
Amerit (amer - it): know from another friend

The Cynic
April 10th, 2010, 04:42 AM
DéShawn (day - shawn): In my Algebra II class; total douchebag

With a name like that, of course he'd be a douchebag (then again my name is Damien which sound uber-pretentious).

Mimsy and Poppet are the two weirdest names of people I have encountered.

Fur Elise
April 10th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Chiji (Chee - gee )
Paulenis (Incorrect spelling probably.) (Paul ee nis)

Chibi-chan
April 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM
♥♥♥♥♥.
Pronounced (PENN- UX)
But....you know how people would say it.

ShinjisLover
April 10th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Topramenisha (Top Ramen-isha). Srsly. ._. And there's also ♥♥♥♥head, pronounced 'shi-theed'. >.> There was another I heard of. She was called female (Fe Malley) because her stupid ass parents thought the doctors named her female when they put the gender right next to the word 'name' (on the other side of the papers, no less). Dear lord, help us. .

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
April 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Mimsy and Poppet are the two weirdest names of people I have encountered.

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that "Mimsy" reminds me of the Jabberwocky.

Um, my name is Alastair, wich some people find kinda weird. But it's not really that odd....is it?

The Cynic
April 10th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Um, my name is Alastair, wich some people find kinda weird. But it's not really that odd....is it?

That's not at all weird. It's a Scottish name. Plenty of people I know have it, or a variation of it (eg. Alistair, Alastair, Alasdair).

Fur Elise
April 10th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Topramenisha (Top Ramen-isha). Srsly. ._. And there's also ♥♥♥♥head, pronounced 'shi-theed'. >.> There was another I heard of. She was called female (Fe Malley) because her stupid ass parents thought the doctors named her female when they put the gender right next to the word 'name' (on the other side of the papers, no less). Dear lord, help us. .

There's more than one ♥♥♥♥head, as I saw it on several websites. Unless they are all talking about the same person lol.

Esper
April 10th, 2010, 01:21 PM

These stories about kids having stupid or random words for names because their parents were too uneducated to know better are obviously jokes, and pretty old jokes at that. I'm surprised they're still going around.

Tree_x
April 10th, 2010, 01:26 PM
i know a girl named Star
and another girl named With

:O wierd right

Fur Elise
April 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I know a Starr. With is an odd name...

Tonda
April 11th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I know a Eoghan, which looks like a total mouthful when you see it on a piece of paper. Its pronounced "Oh-wen" though, which really isnt that hard. Its an Irish name apparently.

There are some really weird names out there, my best friend did a speech on it once. Someone in New Zealand tried to name their baby "4Real" because the husband said "Is it for real" when they saw the baby on an ultrasound the first time. Luckily the government naming conventions said no, lol. Id feel so bad for the poor kid otherwise, D:

Twisted Cuteness
April 11th, 2010, 04:24 AM
I wouldn't say that these names are strange, unique is a better term. Momo is the name of a girl I talk to at work, it's not short for anything either O_o
If I had a kid, I want to name her Cynnamon <3

Fur Elise
April 11th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Momo means thigh and peach in Japanese.

WriteThemWrong
April 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM
momo is a nickname i have for my girlfriend, her name is Mashari and my name is Hoc. So that makes us both weird

Mariah Carey
April 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I know a Eoghan, which looks like a total mouthful when you see it on a piece of paper. Its pronounced "Oh-wen" though, which really isnt that hard. Its an Irish name apparently.

There are some really weird names out there, my best friend did a speech on it once. Someone in New Zealand tried to name their baby "4Real" because the husband said "Is it for real" when they saw the baby on an ultrasound the first time. Luckily the government naming conventions said no, lol. Id feel so bad for the poor kid otherwise, D:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7522952.stm
It gets worse. Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii, for example. That's the weirdest name I've heard of in my opinion.

Mayfan24
April 11th, 2010, 06:15 PM
the most oddest, but at the same time coolest, names I have ever heard of are Nikoo and Bernadette, my friends who are sisters and they are both awesome :)

enzo51
April 12th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Kidlat, means "thunder" in Filipino. I soooo want to name my kid that. hmmm Lightning Kid

PuyoPuyo Raffine
April 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
my cousin naming his daughter "Verabaha"...its a pretty name but quite strange too

Jak
April 12th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I remember seeing on the news that there was some college professor or something whose name was Marijuana Pepsi.

KurlyFries
April 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
There's this guy on our varsity football team named Kyanusoke (kwon-oo-soh-key). We just call him Popeye.

Akito Wanijima
April 22nd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Some kid in our school called Effdon
Pronouced Eff-too.
We've always called him f2 even though we hardly talk to him.

Lt_Nite
April 22nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Used to hang out with this girl named Pretty, always thought it was an odd name to name a kid, I mean what if they weren't XD

kissing. raindrops
April 23rd, 2010, 10:16 PM
i know a guy named dusty.. not weird at all except his last name was roads XD

also, i know a girl named Rebel... lol...

Jesus oƒ Suburbia
April 23rd, 2010, 10:42 PM
i know a guy named dusty.. not weird at all except his last name was roads XD

also, i know a girl named Rebel... lol...

I'd kill for a name like that.

I don't really know a lot of strange names..
A boy with a feminine name?
That's as close as it gets.

Wings Don't Cry
April 24th, 2010, 02:05 AM
There's a number of them.

I once met a boy named Gay and he was younger than me so obviously when he was born gay meant homosexual and was well known already.

Knew another guy called Asole, it's the same as arsehole but you say it faster.

I once met this person called Bridget, a weird boy he was.

Yusshin
April 24th, 2010, 04:26 AM
I knew a child about five years ago who was born. It was a girl.

Her name is.

Abcde

Seriously. It's pronounced ah-bis-sid-dee.

>>

Halcyon
April 24th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I have a friend named Maemennon.
He said it is named after a football player.

Teachers have problems pronouncing it, lol!

Neiko Star
April 24th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Hmmm...I don't know too many people with strange names, but I did know one girl called Chanté. Oh, and I don't really count asian names as weird, but Phuong-My-Linh is still pretty uncommon.

Reginaldvonburger
April 24th, 2010, 09:13 AM
A pair of Twins called Prince and Princess...

R/S/E Monotype Challenge
April 24th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I don't really know anyone with a weird name. Not that I can think of anyways.... But some of these are interesting.

Reginaldvonburger
April 24th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I thought of some more I know.

Muhammed Bilal. You might think this is normal but, Bilal is his first name. Muhammed is his "Pre" name.
My boyfriend's last name is Sabor, and he's obsessed with Star Wars. (Lightsabers!)
A girl from my old school called Shalalala.
A kid in my class called Dallas McAstany. His nickname? McNasty Sallad. He came up with it.
My friend who's last name is Gibbons is dating a girl who's last name is Gibbins.
My friend is called Cian.
I know a guy called Elman.

I know strange people :P