PDA

View Full Version : Who do you consider to be your rival on PC?

Signomi
April 8th, 2010, 05:12 AM
This was spawned out of a conversation about what you named your rival on HG, apparently one named theirs after somebody on PC they see as a rival!

So is there anybody on PC you feel has enough skill in a certain area you want to better in? May it be art of any kind, battling, trading, forum-related things that you feel they are superior in...do you see that person as somebody you could share a rivalry with?

Personally I don't feel that way about anybody, everybody has their own skill in respective areas and I only ever focus on my own talents rather than others.

Saltare.
April 8th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Not really. I don't know of anyone who would be my rival.

Now in real life, THAT'S a different story.

BHwolfgang
April 8th, 2010, 06:05 AM
What an interesting topic, Signomi.

I consider Sam as my rival. Ever since we were little, Sam and I competed against each other to become the best Pokemon Trainer of our town. At times, it feels that our rivalry are just a cover the friendship we had with each other. At times, we would give each other a helping hand whenever the other is in trouble. Unfortunately, our competitions ceased when he had to move to Australia. So, ever since, I've found another two other person to take his place.

Shivi and Gavin. Shortly after Sam moved away, Shivi decided to duel me in a childrens' card game. As he summoned Blue Eyes White Dragon, Gavin interrupted and said that he was the rival of the story.

So, the two of them decided to have a battle to settle things. So, as Shivi bring out his Rasengan , Gavin attacks Shivi with his Chidori.

... BEADS forever. ;;

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 8th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Anybody whose IQ is above their age... which is nobody to my knowledge.

Ayselipera
April 8th, 2010, 07:15 AM
No I can't say there is one person on here who I've tried to be better than in some category. Everyone has their talents and I respect that.

Alexithymia~
April 8th, 2010, 10:49 AM
My rival used to be Cheesymitten, but we've got past that now.. XD;

So, id.. k, I don't really have a rival anymore. x3 Anyone offering?
It'd inject a little more fun into the day, I guess.

インフェルノの津波
April 8th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Anyone with a Post or a Page Views higher than mines.

If you have both, we have problems.

Izzy_
April 8th, 2010, 10:55 AM
This is actually a very good topic and question.

Since I'm new, no one knows me but I hope that I'd find a rival soon. It seems like the perfect thing for a Pokemon forum experience

Captain Hobo.
April 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I don't have a rival here but cool topic.

ILoveDragonite
April 8th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Does my mental age count? Because i think my I.Q is over 5....maybe

Melody
April 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
While I don't exactly have a rival here on PC, since I'm such an easy going person...I still do have people I look up to and aim to be somewhat like. People like Signomi and Ausadriel and Lightning mainly.

But while I've named those three, they aren't rivals, they're people whom I greatly respect, and hope to be like eventually. I'm certainly in no hurry to climb up the staff ladder, I'd rather be modded out of dire need rather than being modded out of ambition. xD

I personally don't like to become anyone's rival because of the strange mixture of love/hate there, and I've already got a little brother who is rival enough for me kthxbai. XD

Honest
April 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hmmm... well, Derozio and me are feuding over who's dictionary is better, but that's about it.... don't think anyone else.

Oh, there was this member, laura, and it got really serious. But she was some girl IRL who's been stalking me... but it was a year ago, all is well now.

Jordan
April 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I don't really have a rival in the sense of skill or talent on here. However, I do debate with Netto Azure quite a bit on here about various aspects of life. It's not really a rivalry, I guess, since I always have to rely on non sequitur to fuel my side of the debate, and he notices. :'V

Hantsuki
April 8th, 2010, 06:08 PM
No rivals on this forum in particular. I might have one before when I was more active years ago, but I wouldn't remember if I did.

I do have rivals on other forums as well as in real life. It's fun to be able to compete against someone to better myself.

Lucy
April 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I might've had a rival once or twice over the past year. But, most likely, it was one-sided.

Now, I really can't say I have any rivals, in love or in other things. Especially not in the former, since quite a few alts. of mine are paired, and some of the alts. of my pairs (some of those pairs even being alts.) have pairs themselves. Although Idk if there's anyone out there besides me who's main is not only paired to another main, but their alt. is also paired to their main's pair's alt. /brain freeze

And for the latter, I can't really say anything on that subject, unless you count my trying to go against Jordan's love of Clannad at the time with my advertising of Fairy Tail o3o

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 8th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Does my mental age count? Because i think my I.Q is over 5....maybe

Indeed; although that doesn't change your status quo.

It's ironic that you actually replied to my post, because you are the only person that I could consider to be my rival... That is why I made the IQ and age comment - I had you in mind!

Tree_x
April 8th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Yes i do his name is Ryuusei Red (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=201349) ironic right? but he continues Nu battle after nu battle to beat me so we have established a Rivalry even thou he is always trying to help me i refuse his help one day thou red you will fall :O!

Reflux
April 8th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hehehe, no one, buuut, I want one now...Rival applications now open >:]

.Fenris
April 8th, 2010, 08:49 PM
The local trolls, because I'm not important enough to have any friends on here, let alone rivals, lol.

.Gamer
April 8th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Whoever dare posteth below this one shall be forever marked as the rival of thine!

Reflux
April 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Marketh me not, for I marketh thou First!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/linksaber894/1270792135467.gif

Binary
April 9th, 2010, 01:26 AM
No, I don't have any rivals here on PC. Well, I guess I did have some in the past, but I can't point a finger at them now.
I did have rival rom-hackers. But that was around 1-2 years ago when I was into rom-hacking.
If you want to be my rival pm me. C'mon it'll be fun xD.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
April 9th, 2010, 01:52 AM
This and,

I have a passive kind of rivalry to people who can write better than me, which is a lot of people XD , and I make it a point to refine my writing skills. I don't however, dislike them or anything nor do I silently compete. I just try to write better that's all.

Galukxy
April 9th, 2010, 02:05 AM
well, um, I don't really have a Rival but I did kinda but they got banned ages ago, so no.

Timbjerr
April 9th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I have no rivals anymore. Back in the day, I used to have a friendly postcount rivalry with Arcanine and 22sa, but since I dropped in activity for two years and then made a new account, there's no way I can even touch either of them in postcount anymore. XD

Eurydice
April 9th, 2010, 01:15 PM
there was one person mariorocks08, but she never comes on here anymore.

Conan Edogawa
April 9th, 2010, 05:32 PM
I consider everyone a rival. Rivalries bring out the best in people, so having a healthy rivalry is good. Honestly, I don't have a real rival on PC, but I have had a sort of "silent" rivalry with people after reading their posts.

Jack O'Neill
April 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I don't have rivals, but I do have enemies.

Drew
April 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM
A rival on a forum..? o.o

Can't say that I have one, no.

I really don't know of anything that I'd even want to rival anyone over, to be honest.. xD;