PDA

View Full Version : Do you use nicknames on MSN?

Forever
April 8th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Nicknaming contacts, that is. I nickname all my contacts since I just usually get annoyed by their display names and it makes them seem neater or something. XD;

Zet
April 8th, 2010, 11:09 PM
I don't nickname my contacts, I'm too lazy =w= *yawns*

Galukxy
April 8th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Nope, not really I just leave it as it is.

donavannj
April 9th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I don't nickname my contacts, I'm too lazy =w= *yawns*

This is what I do... except without the yawning.

Izanagi
April 9th, 2010, 06:46 AM
I nickname them by the names I call them by.

Blazaking
April 9th, 2010, 06:56 AM
A while back, I nicknamed almost all my contacts because I couldn't stand all of the useless stuff they put in their names.

Melody
April 9th, 2010, 07:23 AM
It depends on the contact. If they consistently put unreadable stuff in their names, like Katakana/Hiragana/Kanji then yeah...I'll nickname them.

The same holds true if they change their MSN usernames often enough that I'm like "Who the hell are you?" when they IM me randomly. XD

So yeah. I will nickname people within MSN to keep track of who they are.

Izzy_
April 9th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Nicknaming contacts, that is. I nickname all my contacts since I just usually get annoyed by their display names and it makes them seem neater or something. XD;

^ This

My friends are too crazy to have sensible names so I just add their name/nickname to make it seem neater and to find them easier

PsychoJigglypuff
April 9th, 2010, 08:02 AM
...I didn't even know you could nickname contacts. That'll be helpful, since my friend likes to Rickroll everyone with her display name.

Cassino
April 9th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Nah... My personal message is currently "insert emotional teenybopper song quotation here" and a friend, upon noticing it, began to explain that the fact people also put such quotes in their names is the reason he uses nicknames for his contacts.

So anyway, I don't do nicknames however, as I'm not really stuffed (and don't have the sort of personality that would lead me to consort with such persons often); and since sometimes people will talk about the formatting of their name or something, it's easier to see it and go along with the discussion than explain to them that I assign nicknames and for what reason I do so.

SegaSaturnGal
April 10th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I nickname my contacts by their forum usernames. If they don't have one, I leave the display name be.

Dixie Kong
April 10th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Naw, I like to see what names they come up with. I come up with crazy names, but that's me! So if they nickname me I'll be sad. :(

.hack
April 10th, 2010, 06:37 AM
When people put random display names and I can't remember who they are just via their email I nickname them, but generally I don't =3

hiphiphippo
April 10th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I nickname them by the names I call them by.

this.

i tried using this msn gadget thing on windows which didnt include nicknames, so i was all like who-tf is this?

Ayselipera
April 10th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Yes I nickname them all. I get annoyed from the constant changes and it gets a little confusing after a while. So I just give them the name I most commonly know them for.

EmeraldSerenade
April 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM
i'm wayy to lazy to come up with nicknames, so i just leave their names alone.

Felly
April 10th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Only if I know who they are or if they change their name so much that it's just murder to figure out who they are. I give them the nickname of whatever it is I call them.

April 10th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Nope, not really I just leave it as it is.

Pretty much this

:cross-eye

Blue Trainer
April 13th, 2010, 04:06 AM

QFT - yeah dude I know what you mean...plus I make groups...

:)

o)Friends
o)My Little Group
o)Girls
o)WoW Server Lads
o)Random Contacts

Heheheh

Ninja Caterpie
April 13th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I don't nickname them because I remember who they are by their emails.

It's hilarious when you get a name similar to someone else (like I called myself "the doctor" at one point, when my friend always does) and people get confused.

"HEY, ALBERT!"

"I'm not Albert."

"Oh, screw you."

Eeohnex
April 13th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I just nickname them with their full name, it's just annoying having to read their whole nickname. I like the simple stuff.

Cherrim
April 13th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I don't nickname contacts because then I miss out on their display names. :( It doesn't happen often anymore, but sometimes my friends or I will change our display names around as a joke related to the conversation. If they're nicknamed, the entire effect would be lost.

Some nicknames (like super, super long ones) really bother me but for the most part, I don't mind the display names my friends choose.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
April 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM
No I don't. I don't really care about what people name themselves. Never really paid attention anyway.

Poké!
April 13th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Yes, I nickname them. Just so I remember who they are. I only have like 6 contacts though. =D

I don't really chat with many people. Although there were a lot before, before I had an MSN. They disappeared or started ignoring me though. =(