PDA

View Full Version : KAWAII! :3

インフェルノの津波
April 12th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Do you use that phrase, or do you say cute? What's your definition of cute?

I used to, but eventually my best friend kicked my ass so yeah, haven't said it in a few months, sorry for typo.

Signomi
April 12th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Um... cute.

Not into the whole kawaii neko desu thing. XD;

And what I think is cute? A heart warming perfection.

Graceful
April 12th, 2010, 05:44 AM
I Say Kawaii When I'm On My Own, But If My Friends Are With Me I Say "Cute" Because....They Think I'm A Freak And I'll Be More Freakier If I Start Saying Japanese Stuffs....Apparently.
Hmmmm My Definition Would Be....Whatever Is Nice And Welcoming, Can Be Kaw-I Mean Cute! XD

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 12th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Kawaii? Damn Weeaboos infesting everything, even the English language.

Timbjerr
April 12th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Kawaii? Hell, I rarely even use the word "cute". I'm far too manly for that. XD

Platina Berlitz
April 12th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I do say Kawaii all the time :3 I guess I am a stereotypical asian girl -_-

Galukxy
April 12th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Nope, Just use the word cute. I like that word I call my cat cute all the time ;3
I think I just prefer the word cute to Kawaii I guess.

Fox♠
April 12th, 2010, 06:48 AM
No because unlike 90% of the internet I don't think saying Japanese words in Englishs sentances makes me seem more cultural or cool.

Forever
April 12th, 2010, 07:02 AM
...Two years ago yesterday I signed up as "Kawaii" on an alt, which became my main for a while until I got a username change. Other than that... no.

Melody
April 12th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I use cute most of the time, but on occasions I do simply say kawaii for fun. xD

I find various things cute...but I won't list them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 12th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I use cute most of the time, and usually it's in reference to anime girls :3

Cassino
April 12th, 2010, 10:47 AM
No because unlike 90% of the internet I don't think saying Japanese words in Englishs sentances makes me seem more cultural or cool.
This.

Cute is anything aesthetically pleasing in a somewhat childlike manner and/or sufficiently deformed from a realistic state to appear as such (like a stuffed bear as opposed to a real one).

Hantsuki
April 12th, 2010, 10:49 AM
The only reason why I would say "kawaii" is if I had a reason to say it in my Japanese class. Otherwise, I would say adorable mostly, but I don't like to overuse words like that. I find dogs or canines in general to be cute (well, depending on what kind they are).

BHwolfgang
April 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM
No, cute is enough for me. Most of my friends don't even know what that means. The ones that do would probably tell me to shut up.

I'm not that into using Japanese words in my daily life. Sure, maybe when I see a cute puppy or penguin, but that would probably be it.

Dakota
April 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Never use 'kawaii' Sorry. Use cute all the time though. ; )

As for what is cute... that really isn't answerable, is it?

EmeraldSerenade
April 12th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I use cute but not "Kawaii".
I find it rather annoying.

Cherrim
April 12th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I used "kawaii" when I was... about 12? I haven't since. I think it looks really, really awkward to have random Japanese in a sentence. :( I'm so glad I grew out of doing that very early on, even if the rest of my weeaboo phase took half a decade to clear out.

Eucliffe
April 12th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I use cute. Used to use "kawaii", but it made me look like a Japanese wannabe. Though now I randomly mutter "araa" and "kana kana"; influenced by Higurashi here. Maybe if I take the language in college someday I can use it the right way. Like, in an actual Japanese sentence and not mixed in with English words.

And I find strange things to be cute. Kind of like Rena from Higurashi (although I don't think Kenta-kun deserves the "cute" title in my book).

Natsu from Fairy Tail? Cute. And hot; pun not intended.

...And I can't think of anything else at the moment that I consider cute.

Theodore Bruno
April 12th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Kawaii? Damn Weeaboos infesting everything, even the English language.
Yes, I concur. Dang baka gaijins ruin everything!

Algo Fonix
April 12th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Not at all, I tend to stick with what I'm good at... English.

MegaSlowBro.
April 12th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Yes, I concur. Dang baka gaijins ruin everything!

lol especially when they say it wrong. I usually don't use it, but there are seldom chances. People in my japanese class use it, and besides from that, the japanese exchange student (but she tends to use cute as well) XD

インフェルノの津波
April 12th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Wow...I'm the only who does it? (BAKA-ERO!)

When I meant by I said it, I meant by in my room, or outside under my breath. Other than that, that's pretty much it. Also, I consider Skitty, Happy, and Chopper to be cute(all to a degree).

Esper
April 12th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Only when I'm speaking/writing Japanese.

Cute is something small in a pleasing way, or pleasing in a small way, or perhaps pleasing in a pleasing way.

loliwin
April 12th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I say kawaii, it's strangely funny when I say it with a crazy accent. I don't say 'cute'. im manly. :D

I think of cute as interesting lol

Ayselipera
April 12th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I've never used the word 'kawaii'. If something or someone is cute I just say it's or they are cute.

ReyRey-Pyon
April 12th, 2010, 06:22 PM
ewww. Its silly. using random japanese words in everyday sentences to be cool or impressive or whatever. is awkward makes you look like a weeaboo and is just alksdaskjd

no. I don't care. its not cool. i am not impressed.
Go back into the kitchen and make me a sandwich now

Zorua
April 12th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I'm one of those people who used to say "Kawaii". But then again, I actually took Japanese class and wasn't a spontaneous weeaboo like some of the people here. ): I lost interest in the culture, and it just wasn't really me to say "kawaii" anymore. So I went back to saying "cute", and to be honest, it's a lot more favorable and nicer to hear. <3

And it's haaaard for me to consider whats cute ;; I'd have to see for myself and stuff.

Anxiety.
April 12th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Oh god no. I'm not into any of that Otaku stuff. I find it very irriating.

I say cute, and cute is my friends kitten sneezing.

ewww. Its silly. using random japanese words in everyday sentences to be cool or impressive or whatever. is awkward makes you look like a weeaboo and is just alksdaskjd

no. I don't care. its not cool. i am not impressed.
Go back into the kitchen and make me a sandwich now

You my good sir, are now one of my favourite people. One, because I agree with you 100%, and two, you just told someone to get back into the kitchen and make you a sandwich.

Comrade Nikita Ivanova
April 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I don't think I've ever used the word kawaii. I'm not really interested in Japan that much, and I prefer not to use multiple languages in one sentence. Unless I'm trying to speak in another language and I have no clue what the word for something is in that language. Not that I use the word cute much anyways.

Usually I use the word cute when I talk about cute dead politicians. Or kittens. So I guess that's my definition of cute. xD

Prince_of_Light
April 12th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I say cute, and I never use it unless I'm asked for my opinion about whether something is cute, unlike many of the females here who use it quite liberally I'm sure. XD

Idk, I guess I'm more apt to describing things more specifically and detailed.

Eпvy
April 12th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I would never say that word. I am not Japanese, and I do not like inserting random Japanese words in my sentences.

In fact, to be honest, it annoys me when people do that.

PuyoPuyo Raffine
April 12th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I would never say that word. I am not Japanese, and I do not like inserting random Japanese words in my sentences.

In fact, to be honest, it annoys me when people do that.
ugh agreed, If you're speaking english then why bother inserting random japanese words into you're sentence? And yeah I find little...animals and things along those lines cute

Illekn
April 12th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I've never said kawaii. I say cute :) kawaii is too, eh, annoying. Way too many people say it.

Ninja Caterpie
April 12th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I barely say "cute", never kawaii. Makes you look so weeaboo it's not funny. Seriously, the only people I know that say kawaii at all are...uhm, weeaboos. Even the Japanese people I know don't say it. @_@

Tree_x
April 12th, 2010, 09:27 PM
No because unlike 90% of the Internet I don't think saying Japanese words in English sentences makes me seem more cultural or cool.

I am gonna go with Fox on this one :D because i am american i am gonna use English and say cute ;3 and i do not want any back talk like the English language is made up of latin and Hebrew and blah blah blah blah do not care its is English to me call me ignorant :D!

i can not speaky that proper wapenese....

PuyoPuyo Raffine
April 12th, 2010, 09:28 PM
sometimes I feel like the next person to say kawaii I wanna bash them with a mallot...

Sydian
April 12th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Why would I randomly insert a Japanese word in an English sentence? It makes you seem more ignorant in my opinion. Why do that? My sister already tries to sound cool calling me a baka. Newflash, biggot. I know what a baka is. Go back to your room, lock your door, and snuggle up to your My Japanese Coach and create a sentence with the word. Then you have some right entitled to you for its use.

What do I think is cute? Boys, Pokemon following you on HGSS, plushies, ridiculous looking sprites...boys. -cough-

helix
April 13th, 2010, 12:01 AM
When I say 'cute' it's usually with the implication that the object in question is helpless or vulnerable. When I say 'adorable' I'm implying that I'm inclined to feel affection towards or find the object, well.. adorable.

And 'kawaii'? My only response to any use of that word outside of the mouth of a fluent Japanese speaker is "Heck no."
But then again, I've probably just heard it being said a hundred times too often.

Code
April 13th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I'm not Wapanese! I say cute...and everything I see IS cute. XD
I say things are cute all the time....XD

Doppelgänger
April 13th, 2010, 10:53 AM
No, I say the actually word cute when describing something that is. Like a puppy. How can you resist them?

SIN1488
April 13th, 2010, 08:11 PM
No, but I use cute to describe a lot of things. Although I don't even know the exact meaning of "Kawaii", though I've heard a few people use it on the internet.

Brendino
April 13th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I can't stand when people use words from other languages in English sentences, it just sounds weird and out of place. Why use a different word when we already have a perfectly good word for it in English (or whatever else you speak)? And even though I know how to pronounce it, I still always read it like "Hawaii."

revlis
April 13th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I hated it when i was in New Zealand and America, I would hear these girls say "Kawaii" on the streets and i thought that they could speak Japanese, i was sadly mistaken when i went to talk to them (in Japanese) and they called me a "****", Im not Vietnamese! why can't they use cute? its in their own language anyway! (sorry to rant)

Yoshimi
April 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I'm not a weeaboo, so I just say cute like a normal person :3

Sammi
April 14th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I say cute. I don't speak Japanese; I don't see a need to insert a random Japanese word into my vocabulary. That's not to mention that I honestly don't really like the word kawaii anyway.

I might've, back in the day, when I was a noob on the Internet. To describe Ash. I like to forget those days. DDD:

As for what cute is to me, it's stuff that... looks... adorable... I guess? :( It's not something I can really describe that well.

Sora
April 14th, 2010, 03:12 PM
If I ever used the word 'Kawaii', it was when I was several years younger (maybe when I first used the word), because I don't remember the last time I used it. I've used 'Nani' and 'Hai' in the past as well, but eventually it just became weird and so I stopped that as well.

Now I speak pure english, with the only word around here in another language I would say being 'Adios', because I'm Hispanic as well.

And... I think a lot of things are cute. You'll probably hear me call something cute at least once or twice a day. -couchredcouch- And when things are even more than use, I'll use the word adorable.

Mattysaurus
April 14th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I never even knew of the word 'kawaii'.

Seriously, I only think stuff like puppies or that junk. ♥

Rucario
April 16th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Neither, I say rad or groovy. It's weird, but I lol at it.

.Aero
April 16th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Just a little insight on the word: It's only used by weaboos and young girls (ages 12 and under) in Japan. It's not a commonplace word I don't believe. I'm currently looking for the source that I had read two years ago and how I got this info, I'll edit if I can find it.

So no, I don't use the word. Cute works just fine, and I rarely even use that.

.hack
April 16th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Cute as in attractiveness? I usually say 'Hot' hence why on forums it reverts to 'hawt'.
I always though Kawaii/Cute meant a person you found attractive....

SIN1488
April 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Okay, I keep seeing the term "weeaboo" now, what the heck does it mean?

Tyrantrum
April 16th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I don't say kawaii... I just say cute.

To me, "cute" would be something that I find, er... cute? Like a puppy or something...? o3o I hope you know what I mean. I'm horrible at explanations. D:

Ninja Caterpie
April 16th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Okay, I keep seeing the term "weeaboo" now, what the heck does it mean?

I'll just use a definition I wrote up a little while ago:

It's not, it's a word off some random comic now used by 4channers (and the rest of the internet, as usual) to insult people (usually Westerners) who love Japan and "try" to be Japanese, like claiming to be Japanese and watching Japanese anime when they really only watch English dubs of Westernised anime (such as Naruto). Said weeaboos usually try and act Japanese by saying really overused crappy words such as "desu" (is, basically), "kawaii" (cute), "baka" (idiot), "neko" (cat) and other such words. They also believe Japan is the world's best country evar desu and generally diss their own culture to try and be as Japanese as possible.

They fail.

Kura
April 17th, 2010, 12:40 AM
I say "Attractive in an endearing way."

No, just kidding. I say cute.

Guillermo
April 17th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Smokin'!

And no, I don't. I don't even know how to pronounce the damn word. And please, no one reply to this post saying, "this is how you say it!" because I don't care.

Jesh
April 17th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Do you use that phrase, or do you say cute? What's your definition of cute?

....Yeah, I do X3.

i smell weeaboo

also hell no >:(

I say cute, and the definition of it is like, anything.

Zebeedoo
April 17th, 2010, 03:11 AM
I've heard of this Kawaii word, but never actualy knew what it meant... I guess I do now though, so that gives me a reason to use it! :3 Anyway, I just say cute incase the person doesn't know what I mean if I say kawaii. XD

I HEART MEGA HITT
April 26th, 2010, 09:14 PM
...Do you really want to know what my definition of cute is? XD My definition of cute is HITT. <3

But I also find other things cute, like Japanese boys, Totoro, anime guys, Pikachu, Ponyo, Hello Kitty (YES HELLO KITTY STFU) and anything in general... XD

HITT is the cutest of them all though. 8D

Sometimes, I'll be like, awwww it's so kawaiiiii or he;s so cuuuute... it tends to vary.