PDA

View Full Version : "I was like - *hiccup* like - *hiccup* really mad at *hiccup* OH COME ON!"

Tater Tot
April 12th, 2010, 12:07 PM
What do you do when you have the hiccups? I usually try to hold my breath until I feel like I'm going to pass out and see if it helps. XD; If it's terribly bad, I take a spoon of peanut butter. Though usually, nothing helps. So I just have to wait it out.

Eurydice
April 12th, 2010, 12:18 PM
mostly i just hold my breath. sometimes i just kind of tell it to go away and they go away (im magic)

Cassino
April 12th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I keep my mouth open so it doesn't hurt like hell. Nothing I do can stop them so I just make sure I don't pain myself as it happens.

Toshiro.
April 12th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I try to hold them in xD Or I usually get a glass of water.

Prince_of_Light
April 12th, 2010, 04:55 PM
What do you do when you have the hiccups? I usually try to hold my breath until I feel like I'm going to pass out and see if it helps. XD; If it's terribly bad, I take a spoon of peanut butter. Though usually, nothing helps. So I just have to wait it out.

Holding your breath works but not every time.

But the true cure is... *drum roll*

Orange Juice. Really.

My dad was a nurse for a long time and he found out about this from reading somewhere. He tried it and it worked, and he got my whole family to try it and now we all swear by it. It really does work. Try it next time you get hiccups.

Xebelleon
April 12th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I take a deep breath and swallow from a glass of water until I. MUST. BREATHE.

Captain Hobo.
April 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I usually just drink water untell they go away.

MegaSlowBro.
April 12th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Nothing works for me, so I just hiccup it out XD It's really funny because it's really loud, so my family mimicks me all the time =P A few of my friends have heard it (over the phone) and they say it was very...entertaining haha

Ayselipera
April 12th, 2010, 05:39 PM
My sister taught me this psychological trick where you tell yourself to hiccup again which will cause you to stop. It works from time to time.

インフェルノの津波
April 12th, 2010, 05:49 PM
When I hiccup, I usually do the following:

Drink water, swallow it, and then hold breath. For 1 minute. WORKS EVERY TIME.

flight
April 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM
My hiccups usually go away whenever I have them. Seeing as I know how to get rid of them, I don't do anything else besides making that attempt to get rid of them.

Cherrim
April 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I try to drink water or something, if I can, but it rarely ever works. Normally, the only way I get rid of them is forgetting I have them and then I don't notice they're even gone until half an hour later, haha.

I hate having the hiccups though. It's so embarrassing when it's loud. XD;

luf100
April 14th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I eat a spoonful of sugar, and let it slide down my throat. Works every time.

Prince_of_Light
April 14th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I try to drink water or something, if I can, but it rarely ever works. Normally, the only way I get rid of them is forgetting I have them and then I don't notice they're even gone until half an hour later, haha.

I hate having the hiccups though. It's so embarrassing when it's loud. XD;

Try orange juice. It works. I promise. ;P

Honest
April 15th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I usually take a huge glass of water, and drink it down in little gulps without pause. It actually works for me 9 times out of 10. If it doesn't, I hold my breath for as long as I can. xD. That doesn't work, then I'm screwed. =/

Code
April 15th, 2010, 01:49 PM
I just think about the fact that I hiccup, then I stop. XD

This is a situation:

*Hiccup* oh, I appear to have caught a Hi-*hiccup*.
*Thinks hard on fact that < is hiccuping*
it's gone!

Mattysaurus
April 15th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I just wait it out. I like them though.

It usually causes lulz in the classroom. ;D

The Fame Monster
April 15th, 2010, 05:34 PM
i sing.

it works for me. =P

hiphiphippo
April 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
any kind of water/beverage works for me
i just take a big gulp and sip it down slowly
i also found that after i stopped thinking about hiccups, they stopped. but that's harder than just drinking some water

holding my breath does not work for me at all ><

Pazuru
April 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Because I'm usually not by any drinks or anything when I catch 'em, I usually hold my breath and such until they go away or I get something to drink.

Binary
April 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM
*drinks water* *holds breath*
walaa...it's *hiccup*. Dammit. Anyways, I like hiccups xD

Blue_Drifblim
April 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I hold my breath. Either that, or just wait. Most of the time I hold my breath just to see how long I can go.

I HEART MEGA HITT
April 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I usually take a glass of water and drink through a straw while plugging my ears. You have to drink the whole glass without taking a breath though. :3

Amaruuk
April 21st, 2010, 09:12 AM
Man, when I hiccup, I hiccup hard. Hard enough it hurts my diaphragm >.< It's also loud and rather comical in a sense, 'cause I kinda get knocked back or jump a little X3

So far I have not found anything that works for me as far as getting rid of them, so I just have to take it.

mew²
April 21st, 2010, 04:08 PM
I usually get some water, keep it in my mouth, then hold my breath and count to ten.
Then I drink the water. Hasn't failed me once.

I usually get some water, keep it in my mouth, then hold my breath and count to ten.
Then I drink the water. Hasn't failed me once.

EmeraldSerenade
April 21st, 2010, 04:18 PM
Drink absurd amounts of water and hope for the best ;D. oh, and not opening your mouth can help a bit...

dav0
April 21st, 2010, 04:35 PM
the hiccups is caused by air or food stuck in your diafram just burp