PDA

View Full Version : All you could hear was the wind

Forever
April 12th, 2010, 06:58 PM
How windy has it gotten for you? As in, where you live. If you aren't aware of wind speeds, then just explain how windy. Also, cyclones and such count, so if you've had them before, then discuss!

idk windiest was probably the day of that storm or once at highschool.

Zorua
April 12th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Florida has the nicest breezes I will ever feel. I mean, the wind flowing past your hair and perfect temperatures and oh my god it was a dream. But in reality.

No, I am not counting hurricanes. D<

MegaSlowBro.
April 12th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Ugh. March over here is not pretty anymore ;_; When I moved over here, the weather was just a nice breeze, now it's like 65mph XD I've never had cyclones and such, and I'm glad I don't.

Prince_of_Light
April 12th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Back in New York we would get the occasional wind gusts along with t-storms and the rare tornado. Not too noteworthy other than that.

In western Washington however, practically nothing ever happens here wind-wise. There was a big freakout recently over a wind storm supposedly to reach 60 MPH gusts. Never got that high but knocked out some power.

Eпvy
April 12th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I live in Tornado Alley, but never really seen a tornado (technically I did, but I was really young and it was actually way out of town.).

We don't usually have all of that strong of wind, ironically. Only this last Christmas Eve were we ever under the conditions to have a "Blizzard Warning".

Usually the wind is blowing, though. Just not too excessively.

When those big severe thunderstorms are on their way they bring quite some wind ahead of them, though. Still clearly remember in my Junior year during marching band rehearsals during the summer this huge anvil cloud formed off into the distance (we were all like "Yay!" because the sun is the last thing you need out there.) But once the wind ahead of it came, it was REALLY strong. I remember, as we headed inside the wind was strong that it was almost blowing me backwards, and there was stuff flying all over the place...

I know there's a term for that wind ahead of storms... That's the worst wind I've ever seen.

インフェルノの津波
April 13th, 2010, 07:01 AM
The windiest day I ever had was last week, I was nearly blown over!

Graceful
April 13th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Here In The UK, The Worst It Got Was In the Winter. I Was Totally Unaware, Until I Had To Pass This Field That We Locally, Call "The Skelly". And Erm....My Bag Flew Off my Back A Few Times And My Hair Was Way Bad. Even If I Hardly Brush It When I'm Half Asleep It's Not That Bad! I Had My Hood Up Until We Got Into School....Oh Yeah! My Hood Came Off Too! XD
TRUE Story

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I've never been in an actual tornado, though I've had two very close calls, once when I was very young and again just a couple years ago. And just a couple weeks ago, we had a strong storm system with high winds pass through, though the tornadoes were spawned on the opposite side of the city, fortunately.

Even on seemingly normal days, we can get the occasional strong gust.

Tater Tot
April 14th, 2010, 09:26 AM
A storm back in 2008. Scared the crap out of me. :[ I have really tall trees, and they bended so hard they almost touched the ground. I was eating dinner and when I saw how bad the storm was I almost threw it up. XD;

Captain Hobo.
April 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM
One time we had a lot of our trees blow over.

Mattysaurus
April 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM
OHMAHEFFINGGOODNESS.

Right now, it is going a thousand miles an hour. I was getting watery eyes and my hood was going everywhere. Gotta love storms.