PDA

View Full Version : Insert witty title here.

Zorua
April 12th, 2010, 07:16 PM
So guys, I'm curious about something: What motivates you to post here on PC? Is it the members, the threads, how active it is here? Or maybe it's because your favorite section is booming with activity, or is it because of the friendly environment here?

Well go on people, don't be shy. ♥

There's a load of irony in that, I'm terribly shy. ._.;

loliwin
April 12th, 2010, 07:18 PM
The threads. :D When a thread is about Chuck Norris, I just need to post.

Druid
April 12th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I like talking, but nobody seems to want to talk to me D:

What actually gets me to post here is that I like to read, but I also like to voice my opinion on topics. I also like helping people.

Prince_of_Light
April 12th, 2010, 07:22 PM
The threads. :D When a thread is about Chuck Norris, I just need to post.

Agreed. XD I love a lively discussion and there's broad based questions that everyone can be interested in. Not to mention I get a good laugh almost all the time. =P

Oh, and if you've looked at my recent post list... you'll see that I'm kind of addicted to a good debate. lol.

I also like helping people.
This too.

PuyoPuyo Raffine
April 12th, 2010, 07:23 PM
well I like posting when I see a thread is active, and I want to stay active too....I'm new here though so I cant say much yet

Cassino
April 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM
After reaching my simpler goal from younger years to attain 1000 posts, I stay with a mind as an ex-Pokemon player to help people in matters they may have with the older games (I'm far from being an altruist but I gain some sort of personal satisfaction from it; I guess, everyone needs to feel useful and that's what happiness is), but I mostly end up posting in OVP instead due to the GSC section's relative inactivity.
From a recent private message.

Prince_of_Light
April 12th, 2010, 07:28 PM
From a recent private message.

You don't want to be an altruist? D= I love making people's days a little better.

Cassino
April 12th, 2010, 08:48 PM
You don't want to be an altruist? D=
I'm too cynical to be one.

EmeraldSerenade
April 12th, 2010, 08:51 PM
So guys, I'm curious about something: What motivates you to post here on PC? Is it the members, the threads, how active it is here? Or maybe it's because your favorite section is booming with activity, or is it because of the friendly environment here?

Well go on people, don't be shy. ♥

There's a load of irony in that, I'm terribly shy. ._.;

Well, of course i want to share my opinion with everyone ^_^
Everyone here is quite kind, so why wouldn't i post?
My favorite sections are always active.
The environment here is amazing ._.

Eurydice
April 12th, 2010, 09:02 PM
basically i love talking about pokemon and everyone i know in real life doesnt like pokemon. and the threads here are random and its really fun. and everyone is really awesome.

Mattysaurus
April 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I just want to be know.

I've been told I'm getting there. ♥

jigglyppuff8
April 14th, 2010, 05:08 PM
It's a place where I feel like I'm more intelligent than others. A horrible reason, yes. :|

Ayselipera
April 14th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Honestly I just get really bored. Especially during the winter months around here there is literally nothing to do, but look at the cold. So I'm really active the whole duration of winter because this is the most entertaining way to pass my time. Also I still enjoy playing Pokemon and since I don't talk about it in real life this is the only place where I can express my opinion about it.

It's starting to get warmer though so I probably won't be on as much for the next five months of warmth.

Cherrim
April 14th, 2010, 06:20 PM
For the most part, I only post in threads that interest me. That or threads I need to reply to (ie, to answer questions, do modwork, etc.) Those threads are sometimes few and far between, so I'll often go quite a while without getting a lot of posts.

I do sometimes push myself to post in more than just the "bare minimum" of threads that interest me, though. And I'll be honest--when I do that, my main motivation is usually postcount. :'D I'm trying to get the highest on PC so I'll sometimes just spend an hour or two and post wherever I can to bump that up, while still making good posts and contributing to discussion. (Usually when I do this, I end up making longer posts than I would if I were just replying to threads that caught my eye, ahaha.)

In the end, it's more so myself that motivates me to post rather than PC itself. :/