PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a letterbox?

Forever
April 12th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Or maybe you have a PO box, or nothing at all. :O If not, then I'm sure you have an email inbox.

But yeah do you have a letterbox, if not why?

Prince_of_Light
April 12th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Or maybe you have a PO box, or nothing at all. :O If not, then I'm sure you have an email inbox.

But yeah do you have a letterbox, if not why?

We have a regular old mailbox since the post office is too far away to keep up with a PO box. Although we do need one of those security mailboxes that have locks on them because people have stolen mail in our neighborhood before, probably because it's out in the sticks and not very conspicuous.

Druid
April 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Like where I receive snail mail? People still have those?

If that's what you mean, I guess so? I don't really get physical mail from anybody, although if I really wanted to order something online I'm sure I could figure out a way.

Chrom
April 12th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Of course, how else would I go about getting bills?

Cassino
April 12th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Houses in my country have slots on the doors. They don't half cripple your fingers if you're not careful but at least nothing can get stolen.

Also the paperboys here rarely ride bikes and never simply throw their papers into front gardens like morons (as I've heard the movie depictions actually hold true in America).

Illekn
April 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I have a mail box (: Thats were all mail is put. But I keep most letters addressed to me in a box.
Houses in my country have slots on the doors. They don't half cripple your fingers if you're not careful but at least nothing can get stolen.

Also the paperboys rarely ride bikes and never simply throw their papers into front gardens like morons (as I've heard the movie depictions actually hold true in America).

Every time I see a "paper boy" it is two people driving around in a van, throwing them into people's yards like morons.

TheUltimateSacrifice
April 12th, 2010, 08:33 PM
The only letters I get are from jealous Weeaboos, so no, I do not have one, as there is no need.

Prince_of_Light
April 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Also the paperboys rarely ride bikes and never simply throw their papers into front gardens like morons (as I've heard the movie depictions actually hold true in America).

Some paperboys do (lol) but a lot of them do take it up to the front door. heck, I've personally never seen a paperboy, our papers are delivered in a car like how the mail is.

The whole slot-in-door thing is probably the safest method, but it's not as convenient in parts of America (or any country for that matter) where houses aren't close to the streets they're connected to. So you either have a box at the end of the driveway if you have a long driveway, or everyone's mailboxes are close together at one side of the street to make it easy on the mailman.

インフェルノの津波
April 13th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Yeah, me and my family still do. But its seldom used.

Code
April 13th, 2010, 06:05 AM
How else can we get our precious snail mail? Yes, I have. XD

The Cynic
April 13th, 2010, 06:05 AM
What a horribly dull thread.

Yes, I do have a letterbox. It sort-of came with the front door.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM
On campus, we have a PO-Box-like setup in the lobby of our dorm where we receive letters, and we only need to go to the campus post office to pick up packages. At the colleges where I used to go, it was a PO Box at the campus post office, so this setup is a lot more convenient.

AuroraHearts
April 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM
this is the 21st centuary people,
we dont have letter boxes
we have something much more high tech

thats right kids! i use homing pigeons!

...ok fine, i have a letter box, but pigeons are still more awesome ;D

Toshiro.
April 13th, 2010, 11:02 AM
We have a regular old mailbox at the end of my driveway.

donavannj
April 13th, 2010, 11:06 AM
We just have a mailbox, since we're in a "modern" American suburban housing development.

shookie
April 13th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I live in a condo-esque complex that has a group PO box at the end of the main road of the complex. We used to have two, one for letters/small packages and the other for larger packages, but somebody ran over the larger one and now there's just a flower pot chilling on the rusted concrete stump. It's like a five minute walk for me to go down and get the mail, I can't complain.

Captain Hobo.
April 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
No, I don't have any of them. I don't even have e-mail I am too young.

Sammi
April 14th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Our apartment complex has locked mailboxes (letterboxes I guess? idk) at the back door on the first floor. I always forget to check it. I blame it on the fact that I go through the front door 99% of the time.

Large packages get sent directly to the apartment. So far only UPS has delivered and they've required a signature. USPS might just drop it by the front door, but I wouldn't know.

Mattysaurus
April 14th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Our family has a P.O. Box and a mailbox.
I have an email, because whats the internet with out an email? xD