PDA

View Full Version : Which character would you like to see in the next SSB?

Vindel
April 13th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Just as the title says.

Personally, I would like to see Felix from Golden Sun in the next game.

He'd probably play similar to Ike or Marth, except with a little Psynergy and his Final Smash could summon Judgement.

I'd also like to see King K. Rool as a playable character. He'd probably be similar to Bowser, but throw his crown all over the place, and jump high.

What about you guys?

EDIT: In addition to the characters, which stages would you want added and what effects would the stages have?

I'd like one of the Lighthouses to be a stage. It'd be pretty epic fighting up there. I'm not sure what effect would be there, but they could just go with awesome design.

I'd also like to see the Gang Plank Galleon stage, with falling cannonballs as the stage's effect.

SolarAbusoru
April 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Saki Amamiya from Sin & Punishment, but as an actual playable character.
those of use who've played the game will know what his Final Smash would be.
also, the accompanying stage would be the city, with hazards such as missiles and Ruffians.

TJgamer
April 13th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Banjo and Kazooie from their title games. After all, since Diddy Kong came from a Rare Software game, why not them?
The moves I would suggest would be, Down-B: Beak Buster (Stomp), Side-B: Beak Barge (I suppose you could say Ram), Up-B: High Jump, Standard B: Shoot Eggs.
Final Smash: This one is a little questionable, but the best I can think of is either Wonderwing (Invincibility) or maybe something to do with the Jinjos.
His stage I must say would have to be Spiral Mountain.
.....Actually, Spiral Mountain would fit better as a stage in Adventure Mode or something. Probably a good fighting stage would have to be the top of Gruntilda's tower.

Ninja Caterpie
April 13th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Phoenix Wright. We all know what his final smash will be...

I want Montblanc from FFTA. Magic(ga)s for his up-down-side specials and a Final Smash of Meteor or something. Hey, it's not like they need to follow the game's rules. xP

Unfortunately, we all know which, if any, FF characters will be in SSB. We're talking a ball of condensed water vapour in turmoil.

MegaSlowBro.
April 13th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Probably Lyn from Fire Emblem. Even though they had her as a support character, I think she would be a lot better as a playable character XD Other than that, I don't know...

SUTANRII
April 13th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I know what I don't want. A spamming pikachu. No more of those, please. Any FE character is fine with me. Keep Ike and Marth and add in Sothe or Maybe the Black Knight, somewhat Gandalf build. Not sure about the final smashes, but if ever the next SSB comes out, I hope they make sure to not have Jiggly in there anymore. Only one I liked was Pokemon Trainer and Lucario (although he's weak) in the last one. Hopefully they add something better, maybe this new 5th Gen thing Zorak can fit in.

loliwin
April 14th, 2010, 03:23 AM
they seriously need heracross or mudkip or else SSB is a farce

I think they need Bowser Jr.;his abilities would be creative with his paint brush.

Gaga For Gaga
April 14th, 2010, 04:29 AM
A golden sun character would be nice. Felix maybe?

I think it would be cool to have a Tekken character in it too. Mix it up a bit.

Vindel
April 14th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Banjo and Kazooie from their title games. After all, since Diddy Kong came from a Rare Software game, why not them?
The moves I would suggest would be, Down-B: Beak Buster (Stomp), Side-B: Beak Barge (I suppose you could say Ram), Up-B: High Jump, Standard B: Shoot Eggs.
Final Smash: This one is a little questionable, but the best I can think of is either Wonderwing (Invincibility) or maybe something to do witht the Jinjos.
His stage I must say would have to be Spiral Mountain.
.....Actually, Spiral Mountain would fit better as a stage in Adventure Mode or something. Probably a good fighting stage would have to be the top of Gruntilda's tower.

Banjo and Kazooie...Why didn't I think of that?!

AuroraHearts
April 14th, 2010, 04:50 AM
i would say final fantasy characters...
but then that would ruin the whole concept of dissidia

sooo, maybe iris, fee and felt from atelier iris 2
(that game brings back memories ^_^)

Zodiac Realm
April 14th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Paper Mario might be a good character. He could perhaps use the Crystal Stars in some way for a final smash..

Late
April 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Everyone from other SSB games.
New characters: Bomberman, Megaman, Cloud, someone from Sonic games, so Sonic can have a friend.

TJgamer
April 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot about Megaman. He definitely needs a part in it.

Captain Hobo.
April 14th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I would like to see Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

Storm_has_formed
April 14th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I still dream of a create a character feature...

Blazenwing
April 14th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Everyone from other SSB games.
New characters: Bomberman, Megaman, Cloud, someone from Sonic games, so Sonic can have a friend.

Two ideas:

Either a) add in Tails and Knuckles as their own characters

or b) turn Sonic into a Pokemon Trainer-esque character and do a Team Sonic where Tails and Knuckles stand in the background and you can switch out between the three of them with a button press in the same vein as Trainer. Final smash could be some big tri-attack with all three characters... I personally like this idea ^^

xPsychosocial
April 14th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Vamp from Metal Gear Solid 2/4, I think that would be interesting. Cyrax from Mortal Kombat seems like a good addition too, imo. :D

Åzurε
April 14th, 2010, 06:53 PM
!-This list is not necessarily inspired by what could occur in real life-!

Neku and Sho, TWEWY
Geno and Fawful, Mario RPGs
Not Cloud but maybe Zack, FFVII
Megaman, either a ZX(A) hero or maybe Star Force, from- uh, Megaman series.
That Stick Figure from Those Youtube Videos
Fancy Pants Man, Fancy Pants Adventure
Laharl, Disgaea series

Especially Neku and Sho; I've already mapped out their Final Smashes. Nekky has an adaptation of that attack he used on Draco Cantus (Pa-Slash! Pa-Slash! Vreeeeeeeen!!!), and Sho has Level .i Flare, pretty much an instakill right in front of him. And then he goes into Taboo mode, and his Final Smash would be his Leo Cantus form, which warps him back into normal form.

Crystal-Heart
April 15th, 2010, 03:10 AM
I'd like to see some of these characters.

Returning
Mewtwo - Pokemon (revamped)
Roy - Fire Emblem (revamped)

New
A Female Pokemon Trainer with different starters (Like Dawn w/ Piplup/Monferno/Torterra or Lyra w/ Chikorita/Quilava/Feraligatr) - Pokemon
Gardevoir - Pokemon
Blaziken - Pokemon
Capt. Syrup - WarioLand
Samurai Goroh - F-Zero
Lyn - Fire Emblem (we need a non-European type sword user)
Eirika - Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Micaiah - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (We need more mages)
Isaac - Golden Sun
Felix - Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Jenna - Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong Country 2
King K. Rool - Donkey Kong Country (We need more Villains)

3rd party, if they continue/add more
MegaMan - MegaMan
Geno - Super Mario RPG
Sora - Kingdom Hearts

I'd also love real alternate costumes to be added, like Dr. Mario for Mario, Raichu for Pikachu, Mr. L for Luigi, Other Male Trainers for Pokemon Trainer, and for some of the newcomers I listed, Tiny for Dixie, Capt/Baron for K. Rool, X/EXE/Legends for MegaMan, and Roxas/Ven/KHII/Halloween for Sora.

Manga
April 15th, 2010, 03:30 AM
I'd like...

Shadow.
Knuckles.

Mewtwo.
Pichu.
Totodile.
Cyndaquil.

Dixie Kong.
Megaman.
Sora.
Roxas.
Donald.
Goofy.

PokeFreakBror
April 15th, 2010, 06:38 AM
That's a really nice concept for a thread! Well i definently want megaman, there are so many moves he can use from his games, Vaati from some of the zelda games could be cool to have!

The Darkest Gale
April 15th, 2010, 06:47 AM
lets see

Get Rid of-

Falco or fox >.>

Return/Replace-

Mewtwo

Add-

I would like a girl pokemon trainer with chikorita/quilava ad feraligatr
blazikan/gardevoir
megaman
I'd like to see pokemon MD and you pick a partner and stuff to plat as a bit like ice climbers
fire emblem charecters
SMEARGLE!!!! oh my god how creative could you be with his tail!
bowser jr
annnnnnnnnnnnnd MUDKIP!
samus charecters
koopa troopa

mostly pokemon but I am best as pikachu in the game :D

Haza
April 15th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I would really like to see Waluigi as a playable character with those deadly legs of his and maybe a bombomb projectile. Mewtwo should also make a return and a new Earthbound character (Ness & Lucas are my faves <33)

Shadow
April 15th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Phoenix Wright. We all know what his final smash will be...

Phoenix Wright was going to be included in a Capcom fighting game, but they could only think of him throwing the letters of Objection around which would either be horribly weak or overpowered (depending on how big the letters were!) so they scrapped him.

As for characters... I'd actually like to see the alternate costume (ala Wario) used for more characters. Give Mario a Dr. Mario costume, Pikachu a Pichu and Raichu costume, Pokémon Trainer a costume for female and later generation trainers...

JustinDestruction
April 15th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'd say Felix or Isaac for sure... there was another I'd been thinking about and always wanted, but now I can't recall...

Ninja Caterpie
April 15th, 2010, 05:13 PM
BUTBUTBUTBUTBUT GUYS

SSB can only learn four Pokemon moves!

SSB has to forget a Pokemon!

What should SSB forget?

Yuoaman
April 15th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I would have to say either Crono, Megaman, or Banjo and Kazooie. :\

RandyPanda
April 15th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Sorry if I'm repetitive, as I'm sure I will mention things that have already been said, but these are some characters I'd really like to see.

Geno- I mean really, he was such a BAMF in Mario RPG, and he made an appearance in M&L:SS. Why not? On a similar note, Mallow would make a good Assist Trophy...

Improved Mewtwo- Let's face it, he was pretty lousy in Melee... but a few moveset tweaks and a tad bit more weight would do him justice.

Knuckles- I was saddened by his absence in Brawl... I mean /really,/ if Sonic's in, why not Knuckles? He could have a very interesting moveset, and the whole gliding thing incorporated in Brawl would have been great.

Deoxys- I know his chances of making it in a future SSB game are pretty much nonexistant, but hey, this whole post is a stretch. A simple forme switch mechanic could be implemented, where his weight and other similar properties were changed depending on whichever forme he was in.

Giegue- I personally find the character of Giegue, or Giygas to be quite... interesting, and rather scary coming from Nintendo. I think he'd be a neat addition to the next SSB, and his Final Smash could be Giygas' unstable form...

Will add more later, gotta love getting kicked off the compy in the middle of a post.

TheSpatialZam
April 26th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Here's my list:
Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, Banjo Pilot)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
Riku (Same as Sora)

Wings Don't Cry
April 27th, 2010, 03:18 AM
I want to see a Golden Sun villain like Menardi in it.

Maybe Raguna from Rune Factory and Maxwell from Scribblenauts.

DoctorFred
April 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Bomberman from the bomberman series.
Ridley from the Metroid series.
Blooper/Dry Bones from the Mario series. Or a Daisy clone of Peach.
Zoroark from Pokemon Black & White.
Master Chief from Halo series (although Samus would pwn him out of the game).

I definitly DON'T wanna see anymore Sonic characters. i personally think Sonic sucks (no offense to Sonic lovers). He's not even a Nintendo character anyway...

thedestinedblade
April 28th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Might as well put Ninten in it since we already have Ness and Lucas.

vibratingcat
April 29th, 2010, 04:39 AM
i've heard that they arent going to make anymore ssb. when i first heard this i was sad but when u think about it... there isnt much they could add.
i see alot of 3rd party characters which i guess would be cool, but all those legal stuff just makes it almost impossible. Even banjoe and kazooie rnt too likely to make an appearance because although dk crew are in brawl, when rare moved over nintendo still had rights over them. so anything else made by rare probably wont appear.

Okami Chi
April 29th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Well, Capcom hinted at Megaman for the last game, so I think he will be in the new one. Also I'm almost sure Zoroark will be in it, and sadly they will kick Lucario just like they kicked Mewtwo. I don't want it to happen but I think it will. i would like to see Boy and his Blob in the game and also Bomberman, Pacman, and a Rocket Trainer. he could be like Pokemon trainer but he would use Ekans, Meowth, and Wheezing. I bet I could think of some others.

~Undefined~
May 1st, 2010, 12:27 AM
I would have to say that I would like to see Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. (with Down + B to change between the two) and Smeargle, Miles (Tails) to join Sonic as a tag team (in a similar fashion to the Ice Climbers), Dr. Robotnik, Blaziken/Infernape/Gallade/Medicham/Deoxys (attack) (obviously not all of them, these are just the Pokémon that in my opinion would suit the gameplay of the Super Smash Bros. series), Shadow Link, Vaati, Young Link with a twist; he should be able to change from Young Link, to Deku Link, to Goron Link, to Zora Link and back again with the use of Down + B. His final Smash would have to be Fierce Diety Link. Toon Zelda with Down + B to change to Tetra would be cool too. Also, possibly Metal Sonic and Knuckles, and I think Bomber Man would be a cool idea, too.

There should be changes to existing characters, too. Mario should switch between Classic and Sunshine modes with Down + B. While in Sunshine mode, his Up + B should be Flood's Rocket Nozzle, and his Left/Right + B should be Flood's Hydro Nozzle. You should also be able to use the Hover Nozzle by holding the jump buttons.

PuNkSter
May 1st, 2010, 07:26 AM
I want them to bring back Roy. After not seeing Roy in the SSBB roster, I was rather upset. Bring back Roy!!! "Roy's our Boy!!!"

Shovel Knight
May 1st, 2010, 08:13 AM
They better keep Olimar or I'll be really upset ._.
They should bring in any characters from the Golden Sun games, that would be pretty cool. Or Pichu, WHY WASNT HE IN THE LAST GAME?!?!?! D:

RuRuBell
May 1st, 2010, 09:10 AM
They need Birdo. That's all.

Chiku Hamasaki
May 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Hmmm. I love things like this. How about Midna from LoZ; Twilight Princess? That would actually brighten my day. ;3 But also, can we get Roy back? He was my favourite character on melee. They took him out for Ike. I mean, Ike is pretty great, don't get me wrong.. So, let's see. Spam people to get rid of jigglypuff? I always forget she has that sleeping move so i end up killing myself when im trying to get back onto the battle arena xD

OHIKNOWONE.
Sorry if someone posted this already, but what about Sora -Kingdom hearts?! That would be absolutely fantastic! Not like I'd get any better at any SSB game. xD But yeah! I don't think I'd trade my main for him though ... I work pretty good with Pikachu. SO, he can take Kirby's spot!

^____^ OOR BEAT - JET SET RADIO FUTURE ..

erhm, i'll stop now .. xD

-squeals over thinking about all the new final smashes; * U *

Eternal Nightmare
May 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
I definitly DON'T wanna see anymore Sonic characters. i personally think Sonic sucks (no offense to Sonic lovers). He's not even a Nintendo character anyway...

I'm not offended by how you said Sonic sucks but as a Sonic mainer and Sonic fanboy I have to stick up for him. Actually, have you even seen a good sonic player. Sonic has SO many different mindgames and So many way to mix up approaches. Also Snake isn't a nintendo character either so yeah if sonic goes they both should go n_n.

However, I agree with no more 3 third party characters. Smash is supposed to be Nintendo characters fighting not Konami, not Sega (sorry Sonic :'( and Shadow) and not even Capcom, Ubisoft, or anyother company.

Oh someone I forgot to quote brought up the idea of Link using the mask from Majoras Mask which I have been a big supporter of and also I think a pokemon like Blaziken would be a good addition. I also vote for Crystal over Wolf as smash needs more female. Palutena could also be a good addition as well as more character support for Metroid, F zero, and Fire Emblem. Lastly, other franchises needs to be represented like Golden Sun and even Animal Crossing. Its backwards that Golden Sun has a song on Brawl and Animal Crossing has a stage and music but no characters :/.

Timbjerr
May 1st, 2010, 11:56 AM
Ridley, Ridley, Isaac, and Ridley. XD

Seriously, Ridley is like, the most epic Nintendo villain ever and he constantly gets the shaft in SSB games. If anything, his boss battle in SSBB makes me want to play as him more. XD

Isaac just for representing Golden Sun. A samurai-style swordfighter with terraforming abilities? Yes please. :P

Chiku Hamasaki
May 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
However, I agree with no more 3 third party characters. Smash is supposed to be Nintendo characters fighting not Konami, not Sega (sorry Sonic :'( and Shadow) and not even Capcom, Ubisoft, or anyother company.

Awh. I guess i slightly agree with youuu.. Sad but yeah. 3: So maybe still Midna? TOON ZELDA? ;D i unno. but yeahh.. v__v no Sora.

institutions
May 1st, 2010, 10:11 PM
I just noticed every character in SSB is from another video game D:
There goes my chances of getting Spike from Cowboy Bebop in it.

Felix would be badass.
Or just anyone from Golden Sun.
Except Mia.

Jesh
May 2nd, 2010, 03:16 AM
Phoenix Wright could be plausible. For his Final Smash, a cry of Take That! and an enemy chained to a chair or something and smashed off the stage BY MAYA'S PSYCHIC POWERS n_n

MegaMan would be like the same as Samus;

I think Shiki or Sho from The World Ends With You would be ~awesome~, along with Vincent Valentine *____*

Also Maxwell from Scribblenauts. e could summoun God and Death and they could team up to kill an enemy or something 83

Also like pokemon trainers; Kingdom Hearts, and from it come a member of the Organization who... do something |D And just Sora or Riku as a playable character;

Shovel Knight
May 2nd, 2010, 06:40 AM
They should add your Mii character in it. Final Smash: Mii Parade!!! xD

Mongo
May 2nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
King K. Rool
Ridley
Banjo-Kazooie
Waluigi
Mewtwo
Birdo
Roy
Isaac
Felix
Megaman
Boy and his Blob
Toad
Bomberman

Another Pokemon trainer with Totodile, Bayleef, and Typhlosion would be cool, too. Maybe make him look like Gary.

Chiku Hamasaki
May 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
Ah, right right. I would love to have Mewtwo back on the crew.

Eternal Nightmare
May 2nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Oh yes Mewtwo :D I just recently started getting good with him in Melee. Someone had found some data of chracters that were going to be in brawl but didn't make the cut. Some I remember were "toon zelda and toon shiek(I guess tetra), plusle and minun, mewtwo, and dr. mario."

mitzoken
May 2nd, 2010, 03:19 PM
Bomberman. And I want Roy back. D:

Erin
May 2nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
Personally, I would like to see Felix from Golden Sun in the next game.

Yes Yes Yes Yes YES!!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how incredible that'd be.

Felix for sure. No Issac though >=((.

Sora, Riku, or some other Kingdom Hearts character as well. I'm not quite sure who has primary ownership of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, but as there've been at least two Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo gaming systems, I figure that qualifies it at a "Nintendo game".

Åzurε
May 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Nope. It's SquareEnix/Disney, as we all know, and the main installments are on PlayStation. Squeenix is just diverse like that. Exhibit A: FFXIII on Xbox 360.

I can see Sora or Riku in SSB, or perhaps Roxas. Still think Laharl is a good idea. Average weight, Diabolic Sword in his hand, Up-B has his scarf turn into wings, Dash-A is a flash-step slash. Now, his Final Smash... Perhaps Tera Star? Or a mob of characters from Disgaea. Aaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaa!

Erin
May 2nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Nope. It's SquareEnix/Disney, as we all know, and the main installments are on PlayStation. Squeenix is just diverse like that.
Naturally. I was talking more along the lines of SSB's requirement that their characters be "Nintendo characters" (i.e. Sonic appearing in SSB as he is in several Nintendo games, despite being the acknowledged mascot of Sega).

Okami Chi
May 3rd, 2010, 03:31 AM
Nope. It's SquareEnix/Disney, as we all know, and the main installments are on PlayStation. Squeenix is just diverse like that. Exhibit A: FFXIII on Xbox 360.

I can see Sora or Riku in SSB, or perhaps Roxas. Still think Laharl is a good idea. Average weight, Diabolic Sword in his hand, Up-B has his scarf turn into wings, Dash-A is a flash-step slash. Now, his Final Smash... Perhaps Tera Star? Or a mob of characters from Disgaea. Aaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaa!
Please tell me this is'nt real. Another fan-boy that thinks Final Fantasy Characters belong in Smash Bros. People, let Cloud and Sephiroth stay in FFVII.

Ninja Caterpie
May 3rd, 2010, 03:53 AM
I forgot someone. Geno from Super Mario RPG. He's a Squeenix character, which is unfortunate, but it's a Nintendo game. Come on, that's not third party...

Okami Chi
May 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
I forgot someone. Geno from Super Mario RPG. He's a Squeenix character, which is unfortunate, but it's a Nintendo game. Come on, that's not third party...
I could see that happen before Enix puts in Cloud, and the crew. Boy and His Blob isn't Nintendo either, but I still would love to see that. I was thinking, anyone else for some kind of Animal Crossing character in Brawl. If you think about it, there are enough moves to attack, that or a Rabbid.

Erin
May 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Please tell me this is'nt real. Another fan-boy that thinks Final Fantasy Characters belong in Smash Bros. People, let Cloud and Sephiroth stay in FFVII.

We were talking about Kingdom Hearts =\.

Finnix
May 3rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
intresting.. :P

PuNkSter
May 3rd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Hmmm. I love things like this. How about Midna from LoZ; Twilight Princess? That would actually brighten my day. ;3 But also, can we get Roy back? He was my favourite character on melee. They took him out for Ike. I mean, Ike is pretty great, don't get me wrong.. So, let's see. Spam people to get rid of jigglypuff? I always forget she has that sleeping move so i end up killing myself when im trying to get back onto the battle arena xD

OHIKNOWONE.
Sorry if someone posted this already, but what about Sora -Kingdom hearts?! That would be absolutely fantastic! Not like I'd get any better at any SSB game. xD But yeah! I don't think I'd trade my main for him though ... I work pretty good with Pikachu. SO, he can take Kirby's spot!

^____^ OOR BEAT - JET SET RADIO FUTURE ..

erhm, i'll stop now .. xD

-squeals over thinking about all the new final smashes; * U *

Midna would be nice as well as Zant.

Roy was also my favourite character in SSBM. We need him back!!! Not to mention that we need all the characters that didn't make it to SSBB, in the next SSB game. This includes Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario.

ANARCHit3cht
May 3rd, 2010, 02:33 PM
I want Alex from Goldensun to be in the game. Or any of them, really. That is really my only request.

Kenpari
May 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
This has been my one request for a very long time: Isaac from Golden Sun in SSB. It's really the only one I care about.

AikuSeverin
May 4th, 2010, 01:00 AM
i vote for Pheonix Wright! i mean hell, me n my 2 other smash friends already wrote up a moveset for him, such as his ^B "APPEAL TO GRAVITY!"

and id love to see Mewtwo back, he was my main in brawl (and still is), and id love to see Travis Touchdown, he'd be epic in smash.

Okami Chi
May 4th, 2010, 06:30 AM
We were talking about Kingdom Hearts =\.
That might be even worse. Might as well throw Mickey in there if you are gonna put Sora. :\ Just keep the Smash Bros. to core gaming mascots.

AikuSeverin
May 4th, 2010, 03:13 PM
That might be even worse. Might as well throw Mickey in there if you are gonna put Sora. :\ Just keep the Smash Bros. to core gaming mascots.

they'd used all thier core gaming mascots, they dont really have another other origanals without putting side characters and minor characters in, like say putting blood falcon or black shadow from Fzero in, it'd just be like more clones.

Mad Hatteress
May 4th, 2010, 04:59 PM
It will never, ever happen but I'd kill to see Kai Doumeki from the Ouendan games. It would be sweet if Saito and Suzuki would pop up for his assist trophy. They could greatly amplify his power buy cheering him on.

It's a shame Microsoft now has Rareware. I would've enjoyed seeing Conker as a consideration.

Åzurε
May 4th, 2010, 06:19 PM
And Dissidia and random fighting games and on the internet and referenced in subsequent games and... Anyway.

I enjoy Sqaure's games. Does not equal fanboy. I've been harping more upon Disgaea and TWEWY than FF, anyhow.

And I never said I wanted Cloud in. Sora would, in terms of skillset and from as neutral a position as I can assume, be a viable option, as would a great number of third-party characters. Pokemon is made by a separate company, you know. They create game for Ninty's systems, like Square, but it technically makes them third-party. So there. =P

Wooly
May 4th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I remember when I was so pumped for this game to come out. Everyday people would post fake rosters and it would piss me off so much lol.

As for characters, I always wanted someone from Animal Crossing, namely the main character, or Tom Nook to be playable. For some reason, I always thought they'd work really well with the game. Banjo-Kazooie would be another one.

Erin
May 4th, 2010, 07:05 PM
they'd used all thier core gaming mascots, they dont really have another other origanals without putting side characters and minor characters in, like say putting blood falcon or black shadow from Fzero in, it'd just be like more clones.

That's the way I was looking at it as well.

&& Kingdom Hearts was just an idea like, "Hey what if?"

Felix from Golden Sun is the only one I'm adamant on. && seeing as there's rumours going around about a Golden Sun game for the Wii, it wouldn't be too outrageous.

mew²
May 4th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Soap From Modern Warfare 2
Mudkip From Pokemon
A Nude Samus or Zelda for the Adult Gamers
WENT!

All serious now...

Tetra from the Toon Legend of Zelda Series (Final Smash a ship comes out of no where?)
Minda from the Hyrule Legend of Zelda Series (Final Smash is she turns human and everyone is immobilized due to being attracted)
Majora Skullkid from the Mask Legend of Zelda Series (Final Smash is dropping the moon)
Shadow from The Sonic Series (Final Smash being Chaos Blast)
Lyra and the Three Johto Starters from the Pokemon Series (Final Smash ?)

All I got right now.

Okami Chi
May 5th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Well people thought that the Starfox characters would all be the same, but they all handle very different. I think they moved out of the clone problem that they had in Melee.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
May 6th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Mega Man is missing a place in Brawl, badly. >> The entire franchise is absent. It deserves a spot.

DoctorFred
May 6th, 2010, 05:31 PM
BLOOPER! from Mario series -

B - Shoots water out of mouth. Hold down to charge.
Up+B - squirts a cloud of ink below him to charge upward
Side+B - Slaps with tentacles. Hold down to charge.
Down+B - Simillar to ike's and Lucario's down+B. He simply blocks himself and if hit, strikes back.

FINAL SMASH: Squirst a giant cloud of ink all over the opponents screen causing them not being able to see on Wi-fi. For CPU they simply will Be paralyzed and not be able to move.

DARK SAMUS! from metroid series. (pretty much a clone of Samus.)

B - Charges a beam of Phazon similar to Samus' B but not as fast and much stronger.
down+B - Slams fist on ground causing a wave of phazon to hit any foes within range.
side+B - Shoots Phazon missle. very similar to Samus' missle. Only stronger and not as fast.
Up+B - Simply dashes upward and hurts any foes that's above her.

FINAL SMASH - Shoots a giant beam of phazon into the air. Moments later, phazon comes raining down and whoever the phazon drops hit take severe damage but NO knockback.

SHADOW! from the Sonic series. (pretty much a clone of sonic.)

B - Throws a chaos emerald. Hold to charge.
down+B - Same as sonic only more powerful and not as fast.
Side+B - Dashes foward arm outstretched. Hold to charge.
Up+B - Simply dashed upward but doesn't hurt anyone in his way similar to Lucario.

FINAL SMASH - Same as when you release him from an assist trophy in Brawl. Pretty much everyone is slowed for 15 seconds. And also take a little amount if damage while they are slowed.

Freezer
May 7th, 2010, 03:49 PM
First, replace Lucario with Mewtwo. I know, Lucario is cool, but too darn overrated. Second, I want Pokémon trainer to go bye bye and have an ONLY Pokémon, I say Aggron, Dusknoir, Rhydon or any big, slow but strong Pokémon. And third, I want Sonic to be removed compeletely. Yes, Mario vs Sonic would be cool, but Sonic now is....meh. But I can't argue if the new Sonic will be like the old one.

Adding characters, maybe Megaman, but I don't like non-nintendo characters in a nintendo game. I say Bowser Jr., Petey Piranah, Waluigi are cool. I would also like to see more F-Zero characters.

That's all. I don't really care what will the next SSB will be like, seeing as I'm not interested in Nintendo games anymore.

MartinJF
May 9th, 2010, 02:49 AM
More pkmn characters :D

Mewtwo
Chimchar (ya, it fots good enough)
Abra
Bagon
Treecko
Lake trio

Ark Kuvis
May 9th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Guys, guys, guys...

http://gamehall.uol.com.br/insertcoin/wp-content/images/Ryu%20Hayabusa.jpg

This is Ryu Hayabusa. Star of the well known Temco franchise "Ninja Gaiden", which originally appeared on the NES.

Hayabusa knows how to use a variety of different weapons, and has a variety of techniques to defend himself from rival ninjas, the military, etc. He's also appeared in the well known fighting game franchise "Dead or Alive".

Now, while not the most obvious third party character, with Metroid Other M getting developed by Team Ninja (the company within Temco that makes the Ninja Gaiden games) there's obviously a relationship between the two companies. Hayabusa is also a classic NES character, like Simon Belmont and Mega Man. So It's quite possible to see this guy in a future Smash Bros game, fighting alongside Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Solid Snake.

DoctorFred
May 9th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Oh. And i also agree that they should DEFINITLY replace Lucario with Mewtwo.

Digimon Kaiser
May 9th, 2010, 08:49 AM
King K. Rool, Ridley, Roy, Mewtwo, Krystal, Sora, Agumon, Mega Man, The Grox, etc.

The Who?
May 10th, 2010, 06:34 AM
it'd be nice to see a hg/ss trainer to replace the pokemon trainer in the next game.... and DEFINITLY PAC-MAN. (his final smash would make everyone turn into blue ghosts and he'll eat them all and sen them flying :D)

Okami Chi
May 10th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Guys, guys, guys...

http://gamehall.uol.com.br/insertcoin/wp-content/images/Ryu%20Hayabusa.jpg

This is Ryu Hayabusa. Star of the well known Temco franchise "Ninja Gaiden", which originally appeared on the NES.

Hayabusa knows how to use a variety of different weapons, and has a variety of techniques to defend himself from rival ninjas, the military, etc. He's also appeared in the well known fighting game franchise "Dead or Alive".

Now, while not the most obvious third party character, with Metroid Other M getting developed by Team Ninja (the company within Temco that makes the Ninja Gaiden games) there's obviously a relationship between the two companies. Hayabusa is also a classic NES character, like Simon Belmont and Mega Man. So It's quite possible to see this guy in a future Smash Bros game, fighting alongside Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Solid Snake.
If they could get Team Ninja to agree I would love that. Ryu is my best DOA character.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
May 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Waluigi.

The Koopalings (Bowser's seven kids from SMB3)

Various characters from the Tales franchise if Namco will let Nintendo include them.

Okami Chi
May 10th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Waluigi.

The Koopalings (Bowser's seven kids from SMB3)

Various characters from the Tales franchise if Namco will let Nintendo include them.
Yes to Waluigi! First he needs to be in a REAL Mario game though. I would also love to see the Koopalings played as an Ice Climbers or Pokemon Trainer style. Good ideas though.

chanchimi
May 10th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I'd like to see:

Megaman- Any of them, probably classic Megaman. He'd probably play like Samus, but have the use of Rush and power-changing.
King K. Rool- He'd be a bit like Bowser, but he's a great character!
Goku- He'd never be in it, but he'd be awesome to play as! Spirit Bomb Final Smash, yeah!!!
Gundam- Now here's one that'd never happen! Who wouldn't want to play as a 60-foot tall robot? xD
Omnimon- Wouldn't that be cool? Yeah, it would be! Haha

Eпvy
May 12th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I want Isaac. Isaac should have been in Brawl, but of course he wasn't. He was far too awesome for it.

And I think that area you reach from Sol Sanctum (my memory sucks, like a lot. Sorry. It's the place where this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7pBcKlONnA) plays and it's over the "ocean" and it's where the Elemental Stars were.) would make for an awesome stage. It would also have that song. And the Venus Lighthouse song.

Sneeze
May 13th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Link, but from Majoras Mask, make it like Pokemon Trainer switching between forms (deku/goron/zora) and final smash can be fierce deity.

Okami Chi
May 13th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I think they need King K.Rool and Riley.

I think that every series (for the most part) should have the bad guy as a character.

Usagi-Chan~
May 16th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Super Sailor Moon and Super Sailor Chibimoon, like Pikachu and Pichu
B: Moon Tiara Action
Down B: Moon Gorgeous Meditation (Moon Summons Chibimoon or vise-versa)
Up B: Upward Thrust with Kalidemoonscope
Forward B: Summons a random Senshi (Any of the original other 9 for Moon, Vesta, Juno, Pallas, Ceres and Saturn for ChibiMoon) for an attack,
Final Smash: Transform's into eternal form for duration of match

blaze_the_cat
May 17th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Doomguy.

Like Snake, he uses weapons for most of his attacks.

Final Smash: Would have to the BFG.

Okami Chi
May 17th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Super Sailor Moon and Super Sailor Chibimoon, like Pikachu and Pichu
B: Moon Tiara Action
Down B: Moon Gorgeous Meditation (Moon Summons Chibimoon or vise-versa)
Up B: Upward Thrust with Kalidemoonscope
Forward B: Summons a random Senshi (Any of the original other 9 for Moon, Vesta, Juno, Pallas, Ceres and Saturn for ChibiMoon) for an attack,
Final Smash: Transform's into eternal form for duration of match
If that is who I think you're talking about, you can't have anime characters is SSB. That's like me asking for Spiderman to be in SSB. Then again you might not be talking about Sailor Moon.

SacredMiKeY
May 25th, 2010, 04:15 AM
megaman x and i would be happy =3
final smash would have to be kinda like samus's final smash

Okami Chi
May 26th, 2010, 08:10 AM
^ I really do think Megaman will be in the next game. If Nintendo passes him up...I will be disappoint. :(

Weird
May 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Ridley (they could give him the same size he had in melee) and his final smash would be his multi missile launcher attack he used in Metroid Prime.

Vaati from the legend of zelda (he could be a character who relies on magic only)

Isaac (Golden sun is one of the best games I played)

Rundas from Metroid Prime 3 (not very likely, but I love this character. One of his attacks could be the huge ice crystal he throws in the game)

my brother wants kraid, but I think kraid is too fat to be displayed at all

most of my wishes were granted with brawl, though.

Okami Chi
June 1st, 2010, 09:42 AM
I was thinking that they could add Paper boy. He could be fun. ;)

Hybrid Theory
June 1st, 2010, 12:33 PM
They should add Homer Simpson as a joke or something. xD his final smash could be Mr.Plow.

UraharaSteph
June 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM
As long as they keep Ike I'd be happy, but I'd like to see Roy back. And Erk from FE as well (But that will most likely not happen.)

I want to see Bleach characters! Nintendo has rights to the animé games I think... but it would still be impossible.

So I should say... Characters from Luminous Arc.

JakeyBoy
June 1st, 2010, 12:59 PM
I was thinking that they could add Paper boy. He could be fun. ;)My imagination went wild when I thought of that when Brawl came out, and ended up coming up with a ridiculous story for a spinoff game. >_>
Yeah, the idea of Megaman has grown on me since I started playing his games, whereas before I would have looked at him as more of a "do want" fangame character. Could also go for Tails, Knuckles, a more varied roster of Mother characters, and other obscure Japanese characters.

Okami Chi
June 2nd, 2010, 09:44 AM
Paper Boy could fit though, His B move could be his paper throw. Dash A could be a ride on bike attack. He could use his bike by doing tricks and hiting people and smacking people up the head with with punches and newspapers.

Agent Clank
June 2nd, 2010, 09:46 AM
If they could get Team Ninja to agree I would love that. Ryu is my best DOA character.

Well isnt Team ninja helping Nintendo make Metroid Other M?
then that could be there chance to get Ryu in there :)
like Ark Kuvis said They might have a Good relationship going.

Okami Chi
June 3rd, 2010, 03:47 AM
True, True. So let's keep our fingers crossed then. ;)

Jolene
June 3rd, 2010, 04:14 AM
I don't know, I don't know if there are many important Nintendo characters left who aren't in Super Smash Bros already - apart from maybe Starfy and whoever the main character in The Last Story is.

And I don't think they should have too many non-Nintendo characters because that would kind of undermine the whole point of the game - I will say that three or four is the most they can have.

Okami Chi
June 3rd, 2010, 04:16 AM
^More characters brings up more fanboys, and that means more sales. Nintnedo isn't going to pass up money. :\
-Okami

Jolene
June 3rd, 2010, 04:58 AM
No I don't agree. The whole point of Super Smash Bros is that it is like a celebration of Nintendo and too many non-Nintendo characters would spoil that. I think Nintendo agrees because in one of the interviews on their website they talked about how they had to be careful about where to draw the line in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I think that any third party characters in the game must be very famous. Sonic and Solid Snake are both very famous so it is okay to have them in. Megaman might be just about famous enough I'm not really sure.

Okami Chi
June 3rd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Well I'm not saying to put in Master Chief or anything. I'm just saying core rival gaming mascotts. People like Megaman, VectorMan, Boy and His Blob, Pacman, Banjo and Kazooie, Eart Worm Jim, maybe even some the main character from Crystalis. Also bring back some of the 8bit Nintendo characters. Who cares if they are 3rd party, they were all big rivals like Sonic. They need a spot. If Snake can make Brawl, then hell all of these listed should make it.

Agent Clank
June 3rd, 2010, 08:45 AM
No I don't agree. The whole point of Super Smash Bros is that it is like a celebration of Nintendo and too many non-Nintendo characters would spoil that. I think Nintendo agrees because in one of the interviews on their website they talked about how they had to be careful about where to draw the line in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I think that any third party characters in the game must be very famous. Sonic and Solid Snake are both very famous so it is okay to have them in. Megaman might be just about famous enough I'm not really sure.

Mostly Everyone has Heard or Seen Megaman in there Lives.
I think He would have a Chance of Getting in There.
I think Banjo-Kazooie would be a Good Character to put in there too.

Okami Chi
June 3rd, 2010, 08:53 AM
^
Agreed. Megaman has enough move verity too. He wouldn't be a clone of Samus. Banjo would be cool if they could get the rights. He would have the glide ability and have a Pit type Up B.