PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe Paranormal Happenings?

Graceful
April 13th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Well The Title Sorta Asks Ya. XD For Paranormal I Mean
Ghosts / Spirits / Haunted Houses / Etc
Aliens And UFOs
Psychic Mediums / Etc
Stuffs Like That ^_^

インフェルノの津波
April 13th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Um, no. My religion prohibits even thinking about it, and I think its all a hoax or fake.

xJordan360
April 13th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I believe in it, in a sense. I believe that the energies of a person or place, if strong enough, can permanently or indefinitely leave a trace of an event or strong feeling,e tc behind. Commonly known as place memory in the term of events.

AuroraHearts
April 13th, 2010, 10:03 AM
yes of course its real!
if its not then how else am i sposed to leave messages from beyond the grave?

The Cynic
April 13th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Aliens yes. With the vast size of our universe it is only logical to assume that the conditions required for some form of life to sojourn will exist somewhere other than here.

xJordan360
April 13th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Aliens yes. With the vast size of our universe it is only logical to assume that the conditions required for some form of life to sojourn will exist somewhere.

Not to mention the narcissism also involved in believing that we are the only sentient beings in the vastness of this universe.

インフェルノの津波
April 13th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Let me explain why I cannot believe in Aliens(seers and magic is for obvious reasons)

In Islam, we are to believe that God created every living life-form on Earth. Everything else is barren of life. Even if he did create more why would he do that?

Also, its really stupid that they're trying to find life on other planets with OUR tax dollars -_-. Please, we can be spending it on preventing poverty, not extraterrestrials.

Aureol
April 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I pretty much believe in all of those. I don't really think dead people come back to haunt, but I believe that there are evil spirits lurking around. Aliens, it's kind of unbelievable that we are the only planet with life on it. Psychics, yep, although 99% of commercial psychics are fake.

Doppelgänger
April 13th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I believe in paranormal stuff such as ghosts or spirits. I don't believe in aliens or stuff of that nature though.

AuroraHearts
April 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Let me explain why I cannot believe in Aliens(seers and magic is for obvious reasons)

In Islam, we are to believe that God created every living life-form on Earth. Everything else is barren of life. Even if he did create more why would he do that?

Also, its really stupid that they're trying to find life on other planets with OUR tax dollars -_-. Please, we can be spending it on preventing poverty, not extraterrestrials.

thats true that islam says that
and i totally agree, aliens are overrated

but i also recall something about angels and devils, no?
doesnt that go under the category of spirits/magic and stuff?

インフェルノの津波
April 13th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Angels & Devils = Believable. Not magic, they are invisible, and not ghosts(yes, Islam says ghosts exists)

Alright, I should say that I should TECHNICALLY believe in everything supernatural. Seers I should stay away from, She'tan(the devil)whispers in their ear, magic yeah...unfortunately they all exist in Islam, much to my digress.

Zorua
April 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I personally view that it is ludicrous for one to think we're the only being that walk this Earth. There's always the possibility of another life form being somewhere out there.

As in the case of spirits, I also believe that they exist without a doubt. However, going into more detail would require some religion and I don't want to get into that.

Binary
April 13th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I don't believe in Angels and Devils and Ghosts. But I believe in spirits (wait, are ghosts and spirits the same thing?) and aliens (other life forms from other planets are believable unless you've went around the universe and saw nothing).

Eurydice
April 13th, 2010, 01:22 PM
i believe in ghosts and hauntings. as well as demons and angels. i have seen a ghost before and had quite a few things that no matter how hard i try i cannot explain how they happened.
i also think that there has to be something else somewhere. i mean if you think about how huge space is, why would only one planet have life.
i also believe that there are psychics. though alot of them are just fake and want money. but i believe there are people who can see spirits.

Druid
April 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I believe that there is probably something similar to a sixth sense, although I think that, if there was, it would have a scientific explanation. Paranormal things are a possibility in my mind, although I have no firm stance. After all, some (uncommon) things are still unexplained by science and will probably go unexplained for years to come.
I'm open to the possibility that ghosts exist, but I don't believe that they would be as hostile as people think they would be.

Aliens and UFO's are different for me. I don't think that flying saucers come to earth and push down grass in fields and abduct people. Yet I do have a strong belief that there is almost a 100% possibility of there being some life outside our own, whether a microorganism or an animal. There's a huge amount of water in the universe, after all.

Izanagi
April 13th, 2010, 05:10 PM
As a Christian I believe in spirits and demons, but not ghosts and aliens and crap. That's complete bull.

Captain Hobo.
April 13th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Only God, angels, and Jesus if that counts.

Patchisou Yutohru
April 13th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I believe in the paranormal with the exception of extra terrestrials and UFOs. I'm not sure how I feel about psychic mediums. I believe there are people out there who have spiritual connection, but not those who exploit their so called abilities for their personal gain which ultimately leave dozens of families broke.

.Gamer
April 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Ghosts no.

Aliens, yes. There is no way the human race is the only intelligent beings in the whole universe, just going on the law of averages.

Cassino
April 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM
What 'aliens' refers to in a supernatural context is little green men in flying saucers. The considerably more realistic theories about the possibility of life on other planets are a scientific concern instead and ultimately a different thing almost entirely. So, as far as this thread goes, I don't think anyone here believes in aliens.

I am animistic, and in particular hold fairies responsible for when things simply 'go missing', but I am an apatheist also and am not inclined towards organised religion, just folklore and magic for me; why? because it's closer to our beings and endeavours, actually with a chance of being relevant; god is just purported to be some entity on a metaphorical golden throne 'up there somewhere' and that's no good. Furthermore, I find spirituality overwhelmingly more compelling than science, it's a major part of culture which ultimately seems more healthy towards our minds than knowledge, regardless of whether or not it can still be held true, and so not something I wish to see die. I don't believe in any distinctly modern paranormality, like UFOs and bigfoot.

revlis
April 13th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I completely believe in the Paranormal, mostly the idea of ghosts, spirits and Oni (deamons). Im Shinto which is funny because I myself am quite spiritualistic in the western way. In such >this will sound unbelievable to some< I feel as if i can feel the prescence of "ghosts" around me. (I dont care if you disagree) but yes, I can sense ghosts, some are good, some are bad but they are just there. my sense stops at sight so i can only feel their prescence but occasionally i have heard some talking. (this is no joke). As for me, my grandfather is my guardian angel and everywhere i go, i know he is there and watching out for me. Usually when im tired i can see "ghosts" out the corner of my eye, but only if i am near exhaustion.

For me, modern paranormal such as aliens and bigfoot i find hard to explain, i believe that there might be aliens out there but not how the media portrays them.

~Gary~
April 14th, 2010, 12:31 AM
As an Indian
i believe in God,Ghosts,Angels and Spirits

Zebeedoo
April 14th, 2010, 06:44 AM
The vids i've saw on various sites showing ghosts and stuff make me want to believe it. Though some of them are edited, I just know it. I get freaked out even thinking about ghosts and the like. XD

Gaga For Gaga
April 14th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Um, no. My religion prohibits even thinking about it, and I think its all a hoax or fake.

I don't like things like this. I hate the fact that people are brainwashed into thinking something that an organisation want you to think. However, everyone is different and believe in different things.

I don't see why another life form can't exist. As far as the paranormal, eg ghosts. I am always sceptical because most of the stories I have heard, just don't sound realistic.

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 07:11 AM
You should read my other two posts. And no, I would not be brainwashed, yeesh. I wouldn't be a Muslim if Islam didn't make sense.

Also, Aliens I'm still against. And the fact that the government supports people going into space and trying to(not all, just some)find aliens while spending MILLIONS of dollars that should be going to poverty and child abuse and all that other crap.

Gaga For Gaga
April 14th, 2010, 07:23 AM
You should read my other two posts. And no, I would not be brainwashed, yeesh. I wouldn't be a Muslim if Islam didn't make sense.

Also, Aliens I'm still against. And the fact that the government supports people going into space and trying to(not all, just some)find aliens while spending MILLIONS of dollars that should be going to poverty and child abuse and all that other crap.

I understand that and it is apart of your religion, so no matter what I say, it won't change your mind and I don't want too.

However, on your comment on Aliens, yes, in an ideal world, all money would go to 3rd world countries and so on. But we don't live in an ideal world.
Striving to become better and know more is always going to be apart of the world and the people that live here, so spending billions of dollars or pounds or what ever currency your country has, will always be around.

Graceful
April 14th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Personally, I'm A Big Believer Of Ghosts / Spirits / Angels / Demons. However, I'm Not At All Religious. Plus Being Raised Believing With Parents....It's Hard Not To. Anyway Our Family Has A Few Stories About Our Hosted (I Prefer to Say "Hosted" Than Haunted) House.
Here's A Little story That Helps Me Believe, That Is All About....Me. Strangely.
When I Was A Baby I Used To Sleep At The End Of My Parent's Bed. One Night My Parent's Were Awake And I Fell Off. But According To Both Mum And Dad, I Fell Off And As If Someone Caught Me And Gently Lowered Me Down To The Floor. And I Was Still Asleep O.o
And My Nan Says That Mum Rang Her just after Repeating The Story And Nan Used To Know When She Was Lying. But According To My Nan She Wasn't Lying. So i Was Raised With That And This "Guardian Angel" I May Never Know. And There's One About My Dad And These Demon Spirits That May Have Caused Him To Lose Our Uncle (His Brother) And He Warned My Brother About What Happened. He Wasn't Lying Either. I Can Tell *Wink*

Timbjerr
April 14th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Funny I should stumble into this topic after spending all morning watching old "Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" episodes. XD

I'd like to believe these things exist, and I often write stories about them, but there's no way of proving their existence. XD

Since Ryo and a couple other people brought religion into this topic, I feel obligated to say that I believe in the paranormal even though I'm a confirmed Roman Catholic. :o

Galukxy
April 14th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I believe in Ghosts and spirits and that but Aliens? no UFOs are believable
in away because that stands for Unidentified flying objects I think so yeah
that's believable, the only things I seem to believe in are Ghosts and spirits from past experiences with ghosts.

Melody
April 14th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I believe in the paranormal. I'm actually pretty sensitive to paranormal things, I just know when they're there. But I really don't go out of my way to mess with that stuff. I'd rather just be able to defend myself from the evil things more than anything else.

The Cynic
April 14th, 2010, 08:58 AM

Erm... NASA's current space programs mainly focus on research into botany, electronics etc. to discover new applications on Earth based on their findings up there. Ever heard of the Supercarrot? That'll help world hunger etc. Prior to the end of the cold war though, launches were a way of the US to showcase how good their missles were. But if it helped Science, so what?

They are not specifically looking for aliens. They just hope to bump into some by coincidence. That's why the Voyager space probes were equipped with the golden record. These articles explain more clearly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_program
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_Golden_Record

I'm not refuting your beliefs at all. I have no intention of that. I'm just saying that NASA arn't specifically trying to find aliens.

Also, most unfortunately, we don't live in aworld where money can just be given away. Some governments don't use that money appropriately. Look at Sierra Leone and Liberia. Given reasonable loans to improve their countries and their leaders bought weapons and have spent the last 30 years blowing each other up. I'm not against charity or altruism, quite the opposite in fact, I am merely stating that we do not live in a world where wealth is easily shared equally.

Izanagi
April 14th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Personally, I'm A Big Believer Of Ghosts / Spirits / Angels / Demons. However, I'm Not At All Religious. Plus Being Raised Believing With Parents....It's Hard Not To. Anyway Our Family Has A Few Stories About Our Hosted (I Prefer to Say "Hosted" Than Haunted) House.
Here's A Little story That Helps Me Believe, That Is All About....Me. Strangely.
When I Was A Baby I Used To Sleep At The End Of My Parent's Bed. One Night My Parent's Were Awake And I Fell Off. But According To Both Mum And Dad, I Fell Off And As If Someone Caught Me And Gently Lowered Me Down To The Floor. And I Was Still Asleep O.o
And My Nan Says That Mum Rang Her just after Repeating The Story And Nan Used To Know When She Was Lying. But According To My Nan She Wasn't Lying. So i Was Raised With That And This "Guardian Angel" I May Never Know. And There's One About My Dad And These Demon Spirits That May Have Caused Him To Lose Our Uncle (His Brother) And He Warned My Brother About What Happened. He Wasn't Lying Either. I Can Tell *Wink*
Situations like what's in the spoiler I believe happen, but not ghosts, but really the real spirits of passed ones, or literal guardian angels.

Mattysaurus
April 14th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Hell-fudging-yes.

When I'm home alone, I swear I hear things.
It so freaky. I try to talk to people while I'm alone so they will know if I get killed or something. ._.

xPsychosocial
April 14th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Yes and no. It could all be real but people tend to fake things sometimes. Photoshop is an amazing thing.

KieronGames
April 15th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I believe in the sixth sense(i possibly have a temporary sixth sense)
since many of my predictions came true...
LOL i didn't do my homeowrk that was due on a Wednesday, the wednesday came when i predicited the homework wouldn't be due in on the Wednesday and guess what I WAS RIGHT :D