PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Current Generation Five Information Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 10:40 AM
As there's a lot of confusion and different discussions being thrown around, I've decided to split the Generation Five thread into two.

This thread is for discussing what's already known and released about the fifth generation. This can include things such as information, screenshots and gameplay videos.

Remember, the other thread is now for speculation only.

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 10:46 AM
So do we post pictures and stuff?

Rick.
April 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM
cool, finally it happend.

Pokestick, good times.
April 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I guess it depends on what kinds of pictures. No evos from Deviantart, Erik XD

xJordan360
April 14th, 2010, 10:50 AM
According to Serebii, the next issue of CoroCoro due out on May 15h will have new information, including how to obtain Zoroark.

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Should I re-post stuff about Zorua/Zoroark and the screenies?

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 10:53 AM
According to Serebii, the next issue of CoroCoro due out on May 15h will have new information, including how to obtain Zoroark.
Pretty much posts like that. It looks like Jordan's got it. Look out for a new announcement comming out in a minute, it'll explain more/

xJordan360
April 14th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Scans from the latest CoroCoro Pokemon article:

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_229834.jpg
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_229833.jpg
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_229831.jpg
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_229832.jpg
http://gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/pokemon-black-and-white-fight.jpg

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM
OH WHOOPS

Anyway, the main character's main colors are Blue and Pink. Oh well, pretty good I guess...

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 11:02 AM
OH WHOOPS

Anyway, the main character's main colors are Blue and Pink. Oh well, pretty good I guess...
Hmm.. does anyone else think that the characters look out of it compared to the rest of the graphics? Or am I just looking at it weirdly?

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hmm...you're sort of right. They also look older.

But remember, this is PRE-RELEASE screenies, so things my change come September/August.

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Hmm...you're sort of right. They also look older.

But remember, this is PRE-RELEASE screenies, so things my change come September/August.
I guess but, with my previous expirence with pre-release scans, the overworld sprites never get changed.

SolarAbusoru
April 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I like the sprites the way they are. They've got that 'difference' to them that I like

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Oh really? EXPLAIN THIS THEN:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/74/Beta_DP_rival.png

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Oh really? EXPLAIN THIS THEN:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/74/Beta_DP_rival.png

Okay, by that I meant the main characters. XD; sorry for not making that clear.

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
So? Doesn't mean there isn't a possibility they might.

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
So? Doesn't mean there isn't a possibility they might.
I know. XD; I didn't say it was impossible - only that it doesn't happen to frequently. It has happened with Pokemon Emerald, anyway.

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Anyway, Zoroark looks like it has a unique ability, like maybe something like Copycat = copies opponent's type? Oh becomes them temporary?

Also, information on how to get Zoroark is coming on the 15th.

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Anyway, Zoroark looks like it has a unique ability, like maybe something like Copycat = copies opponent's type? Oh becomes them temporary?

Also, information on how to get Zoroark is coming on the 15th.
Oh sweet! Can't wait - although It's 98% probably a movie event. XD

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Oh yeah, um the bridge pic(see Serebii, I'll upload pictures on my album soon)in B/W has the city in the background look very weird, or is it just me?

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I think it's still to blurry to make anything out properly. But, there is a car below. Maybe a new place for cars in Pokemon world?

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Oh god, cars really ruin it sort of....I mean, I understand why they aren't their, pollution. Unless they're eco-cars...

Izanagi
April 14th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I don't like the boy's extreme similarity to Ash Ketchum and the girl to the default girl in Battle Revo >_>

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Oh god, cars really ruin it sort of....I mean, I understand why they aren't their, pollution. Unless they're eco-cars...
lolecocars. XD; nah, I admit cars do ruin the "pureness" of Pokemon. Hmm, I wonder what they're there for then?

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Um...new transportation? :D? LOL. Maybe, maybe not, I don't know.

Izanagi
April 14th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I say we stick with bikes. Too much change at once turns people off. But if they have to, give us scooters or mopeds.

The Fame Monster
April 14th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I say we stick with bikes. Too much change at once turns people off. But if they have to, give us scooters or mopeds.
i dont really think people would care that much if bikes were replaced. more then likely gf will keep the bike and just add a new thing too

Haza
April 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Wow, there is still much speculation going on up in her yal :/ Jus sayin yo...

Binary
April 14th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I think cars would be cool. Maybe it's just an alternate transport medium. Bikes will always be there..

Serene Grace
April 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Wow, there is still much speculation going on up in her yal :/ Jus sayin yo...
Everything can't be perfect in the first go. XD; just a light warnin' guys. No speculation - more of a discussion about what we already know.

VinceLevi
April 14th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I don't like the boy's extreme similarity to Ash Ketchum and the girl to the default girl in Battle Revo >_>

Huh? Where's the male sprite at?

I didn't see him in the scan in's.

SolarAbusoru
April 14th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Huh? Where's the male sprite at?

I didn't see him in the scan in's.

The male's sprite is in the Cave and Hometown scans

VinceLevi
April 14th, 2010, 02:35 PM
The male's sprite is in the Cave and Hometown scans
Oh...
Why must all the new Male sprites be andryogenous?
What's going on in Japan I wonder?

Googled but couldn't find any info for certain, except this http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/04/pokemon-gen-5-details-in-next-issue-of-corocoro/

The article has a paragraph in it that, in the way I read it, seems to say that NCL made an annoucement that affirms a connection between the 3DS and Pokemon Black and White.

I couldn't find any more info on this announcement, and the rest of the article is a bit condrictory to that assumtion, but maybe somebody else could find something?

Swolligator
April 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Im sure that the CoroCoro stuff that is coming out today is the scans that were leaked onto the internet, I might be wrong though.

NotoriouzElmo
April 14th, 2010, 02:49 PM
i hope not , I would love to see more info on it , if not we'll all just have to w8 till pokemon sunday

Swolligator
April 14th, 2010, 03:00 PM
On the CoroCoro website is says that the may issue is on sale today in japan which will clarify? (Im not too sure my english isnt very good) the contents.

NotoriouzElmo
April 14th, 2010, 03:25 PM
yea man dat makes sense and i hope it does clarify the contents im soo pumped for these games

Pokemaster-USA
April 14th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Starters!!!!! I just say a pic from pokemon Sunday with a grass deer looking silouette a firey snake silouette and a water dolphin sillouette I would probably get either the water or fire I don't like deer

I think cars would be cool. Maybe it's just an alternate transport medium. Bikes will always be there..

Their would have to be some kind of road or highway but it would be cool untill you get fly

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 05:52 PM
^ Where did you see that? Can you show/tell me?

NotoriouzElmo
April 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
^^^^ i conquer lol would love to see dat link

Pokemaster-USA
April 14th, 2010, 06:06 PM
The one bridge picture did seem to be going over a road mabye that's for the cars or mabye you take a bus with the same style as the fast ship like you can battle people on the way to the next town or just take a nap or whatever you do on a bus to make the time go by that would be cool and you get a bus pass like the ship ticket I hope it's a bus!! My posts are way to long

^ Where did you see that? Can you show/tell me?

Yeah on YouTube search Pokemon black and white starters pick the one of a guy holding a three colored sign and it should be it I'll get the name of the video next post

I know since it's on YouTube you probably think it's fake but it looked pretty legit so I think it's real

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I saw it......FAKE, Pokemon Sunday hasn't even been shown on yet, not to mention I've been keeping up with Pokemon Sunday so I know that's fake.

Pokemaster-USA
April 14th, 2010, 06:12 PM
The video is called 5th generation starters REVEALED! But remember it's just the sillouettes

Aw it is? But I wanted a dolphin :(

Hamilton
April 14th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Starters!!!!! I just say a pic from pokemon Sunday with a grass deer looking silouette a firey snake silouette and a water dolphin sillouette I would probably get either the water or fire I don't like deer

Their would have to be some kind of road or highway but it would be cool untill you get fly

pics or it never happened
oh yeah, it seems we're going back to labs in starter towns this Gen- if you look closely you can see the bottom of what looks like a pokemon lab at the top left of the starting town picture
OH AND those starters actually do look real- but serebii or pokebeach probs would have already said something about it so i'm going on they are fake... i wish they weren't though

Pokemaster-USA
April 14th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I watched the video again and this time I watched it with sound and I agree once he said "wikipedia" I knew it was fake anyway sorry for exiting anyone who saw this. Please don't be angry sorry again

I wonder who the professer will be this time maple? Willow? Cherry? (female?) apple? What will the tows be based on food. Metals? So many questions and too much time I want it now!!!!!!

Hamilton
April 14th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I watched the video again and this time I watched it with sound and I agree once he said "wikipedia" I knew it was fake anyway sorry for exiting anyone who saw this. Please don't be angry sorry again

I wonder who the professer will be this time maple? Willow? Cherry? (female?) apple? What will the tows be based on food. Metals? So many questions and too much time I want it now!!!!!!

why would we be angry? but yeah all i know id.... deer grass starter.... make it hyeapen GF

Kirbychu
April 14th, 2010, 06:41 PM
RAGERAGERAGE

Don't worry, we aren't mad at you. We're not Serebii or anything.http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/044/725/small/Awesome_Emote_by_Yo_yoMaster.png?1269720775

This style really looks like it will bug me. Hopefully we get a gameplay vid soon to see this OW on motion...

JP
April 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

Woops, posted that in the previous topic. Didn't see this one. Website added clearer pictures of those scan pics. As I said previously, I think that Zorua sprite looks absolutely terrible. :/

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 07:21 PM
At least I can see the grass looks amazing, and the city looks like a port city....

JP
April 14th, 2010, 07:23 PM
At least I can see the grass looks amazing, and the city looks like a port city....

Yeah, I agree with you. That's probably the best looking grass they've done. :P Makes me wonder what the patches of grass in which you encounter Pokemon look like.

インフェルノの津波
April 14th, 2010, 07:29 PM
The boy looks less Ashy now, and the girl looks better, so I guess SG was right no main character changes.

vibratingcat
April 14th, 2010, 11:34 PM
OMG. the new screens are awesome! now i can actually see that the guy has awesome hair and his hat doesnt look like a helmet with a light!
and.... CIIIIIIIIIIIIITYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the screen with the cars show an awesome town in the back. all the buildings are of differant heights and it looks huuuuge!!! looks so awesome!
and the city picture doesnt look so glumy now!
aagh so excited!
i still dont know what that thing is in the bottom left bit of the car's screen...

Waffle-San
April 14th, 2010, 11:50 PM
So that thing is a truck. A freaking truck, though in comparison to our little hero it's Huge!! 0.o

That little thing in the bottom left corner reminds me a bit of one of those robots from Destiny Deoxys for some reason...

vibratingcat
April 15th, 2010, 12:25 AM
That little thing in the bottom left corner reminds me a bit of one of those robots from Destiny Deoxys for some reason...
hmmm yeh now that u mention it...
i first thought it looked like a little steam train with the chimney.
but yeh it does look like a robot now that i can see a bit of a face.

Toxicroak
April 15th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I thought it looked like a little train aswell.

zoroa's sprite looks pretty poorly made...

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv141/MetalPly/tox140.png

SolarAbusoru
April 15th, 2010, 12:43 AM
I thought it looked like a little train aswell.

zoroa's sprite looks pretty poorly made...

http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv141/MetalPly/tox140.png

remember, the screens are still distorted and stretched in order to look bigger, so Zorua's sprite'll look much better in the game on the correct size.

anyways, newer scans look much better, and that city looks alot more dense.

I can also see a flippin huge city behind that Road building.

Haza
April 15th, 2010, 03:06 AM
The city does look a lot less gloomy now, and it makes it easier to imagine navigating in it.

Hamilton
April 15th, 2010, 03:11 AM
i love the new screens... though i still have no idea what that thing on cycling road is....

Serene Grace
April 15th, 2010, 03:17 AM
The one thing I do have to say is that I'm always impressed by new Pokemon game graphics, they always get better with the progression of the games. I remember thinking, with the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, that "there's no way Pokemon get any better graphics". Well, how wrong I was. These new graphics absolutley blow me away and I can't wait to see more.

loliwin
April 15th, 2010, 03:33 AM
They are really pulling off the 3D in those screenies. Can't wait to see what the mountains and wild grass looks like. :D
And I thought the girl had a beard, oh well, it was just shading. :)

BTW: Typo in thread title 8D

Haza
April 15th, 2010, 06:27 AM
The one thing I do have to say is that I'm always impressed by new Pokemon game graphics, they always get better with the progression of the games. I remember thinking, with the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver, that "there's no way Pokemon get any better graphics". Well, how wrong I was. These new graphics absolutley blow me away and I can't wait to see more.

I know, especially on the same system... but that city looks amazing. I think I might always fly to that city to save when I get the game! XD I just hope it is not the only city though, I really liked how Jubilife had the large LCD screen outside.

Kirbychu
April 15th, 2010, 06:27 AM
remember, the screens are still distorted and stretched in order to look bigger, so Zorua's sprite'll look much better in the game on the correct size.

I'd say that they're the correct size. I don't see any distortion up close, and it looks like the pic was taken of a DS XL. I may be wrong though.

インフェルノの津波
April 15th, 2010, 06:29 AM
LOOK THE ZORUA SPRITE IS BETA, OKAY?

Anyway, the robot thing is......WHAT IS THAT?

xJordan360
April 15th, 2010, 06:38 AM
LOOK THE ZORUA SPRITE IS BETA, OKAY?

Anyway, the robot thing is......WHAT IS THAT?

We'll just have to wait to find out. 'till then, speculation thread. awaaaay!

I personally have no problem with Zoruas sprite. I don't see why everyone is complaining.

Pokestick, good times.
April 15th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Ooh, new clearer pics look good.

But I agree, Zorua looks abit off... like they hadn't spent any time on it at all O_o
And I don't really like the way they made the backsprites like in first gen... zooming in... Ah well.

And if that is a car OW, I'm friggen scared D8

As mentioned, grass looks fabulous :D

Yusshin
April 15th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Firstly, the way they scanned it makes it look horrendous :s It looks really ugly; I hope Serebii can collect higher-quality shots soon.

Also, why don't the Japanese ever make a blonde-haired main character sprite? Let's look at this:

Red: Black
Leaf: Brown
Crystal: Blue/Black
Gold: Black
Silver: Red
May: Brown
Brendan: White/Black (not sure >> it's a speculation)
Dawn: Blue
Lucas: Black
Lyra: Brown

And that blonde-haired guy in Hoenn doesn't count :s You can't PLAY him.

I just wish Generation V would have introduced the only colour of hair they haven't yet: blonde.

Also not a fan of the ponytail.

インフェルノの津波
April 15th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Wally has green has Yusshin.

Well, blonde hair is unattractive in Japan, and most people like Brown/Black hair. Besides, blonde hair sucks in most games except in Kingdom Hearts.

Also, grass makes me want to roll around in it, liking the town so far. The lab looks big by it's shadow :o

Pokestick, good times.
April 15th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I'd like some blondes too (partly seeing as I'm blonde... and have green eyes :D:D:D).

And how many characters has it been that are coloured so far? One (that weird Platinum Battle frontier person...)? More would be neat.

Yusshin
April 15th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Wally has green has Yusshin.

Well, blonde hair is unattractive in Japan, and most people like Brown/Black hair. Besides, blonde hair sucks in most games except in Kingdom Hearts.

Also, grass makes me want to roll around in it, liking the town so far. The lab looks big by it's shadow :o

"Unattractive"?

I beg to differ. The Japanese seem to adore dying their hair blonde and making a lot of main characters of animes, games, etc. (Naruto, Link, Zelda, Princess Peach, Samus, etc.) blonde. In fact, they pretty much hail the blonde-hair, blue-eyed idea, as long as it's natural (dying your hair in Japan isn't looked at the greatest).

I don't see why they wouldn't want to put a blonde sprite in Black and White. They did it with most of their other massively popular games :s Why not Pokemon, too?

And Wally looks blonde to me D:< Maybe it's been too long...

[Edit]

Yeah... he has green hair >> for some reason, I remember him being blonde :s

Izanagi
April 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I don't know why people are tripping about cars being around. Brendan road a moving truck :/

And not everyone is going to walk everywhere.

Pokestick, good times.
April 15th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Barry was blonde :/

So, uh, that "car" eh... I really wouldn't like the player driving a car... getting rides in cabs or such, fine, but...

インフェルノの津波
April 15th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I think the only reason they haven't given the characters blonde hair is because they don't want to do that now.

Pokestick, good times.
April 15th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I think the only reason they haven't given the characters blonde hair is because they don't want to do that now.
And why would it be that they "don't want to do that now"? :/

Dillon_68
April 15th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I actually like Zoruas spite! And wth is that thing on the road?

Pokestick, good times.
April 15th, 2010, 08:55 AM
I actually like Zoruas spite! And wth is that thing on the road?
We don't know, and that's really bad XD

A truck? A weird person? A friggin robot? XD

インフェルノの津波
April 15th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I don't know, maybe they aren't ready to venture out to lighter haired people? Brendan still had some black on him ya know.

Pokestick, good times.
April 15th, 2010, 09:13 AM
yes he did, Brendan had completely black hair (that was definitely a hat... atleast according to me XD)...

And how hard is it to "venture to light haired people"? There are several Gym leaders and Trainers that are blonde. And Nintendo has made several games where the main characters are blonde, even pink haired. So how hard can it be?

JP
April 15th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Well it certainly seems they want to stick to dark haired heroes. Who knows the reason why though... Maybe they don't want to stray too far away from the original hero? Maybe they've just never even thought about using a lighter shade for hair.

I can't say I care too much about such a detail, and at this point it would seem odd to have a hero with blonde hair. Just doesn't seem to fit the profile after all the ones they've designed.

SolarAbusoru
April 15th, 2010, 09:36 AM
*points a finger at Wes*
They have made a blonde playable character before.
This guy
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/177/5/9/Wes_Fanclub_by_Wes_Fanclub.jpg

still, I don't mind the handheld heroes keeping their dark hair colour scheme.

Co500
April 15th, 2010, 09:44 AM
*points a finger at Wes*
They have made a blonde playable character before.
This guy
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/177/5/9/Wes_Fanclub_by_Wes_Fanclub.jpg

still, I don't mind the handheld heroes keeping their dark hair colour scheme. I never really saw we'd as a hero more like an outcast but anyway I think they are doin great but what is that robot thing I would love to know

インフェルノの津波
April 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Well, maybe they want to stick with the things they know, and Rival's/Gym Leader's hair doesn't really matter as much as main character's.

shot571
April 15th, 2010, 12:17 PM
wish i knew what that weird thing was. personally i dont mind the characters but maybe hopefully theyll change it. the cave looks like its got electric coming out of the rocks :s . zorua and zoroark look meeeh. isnt pokemon sunday on today?so we should find out more right?

Magmarashi
April 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM
If you look closely at the picture of the girl in the city it isn't centered. I wonder why

SolarAbusoru
April 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM
If you look closely at the picture of the girl in the city it isn't centered. I wonder why

not the first time that's happened, the Wi-Fi union room in the Gen IV games doesn't have you centered

Magmarashi
April 15th, 2010, 01:04 PM
not the first time that's happened, the Wi-Fi union room in the Gen IV games doesn't have you centered

Really? I never noticed that.

SolarAbusoru
April 15th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Really? I never noticed that.

I only noticed it after my 4th time in there, it was weird

Spikey-Eared Pichu
April 15th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Well, according to a summary of the first half of the plot for Phantom Master Zoroark on PokeBeach by Coronis, Zoroark is female. This means we will more than likely recieve a 100% Female Zoroark that can breed Zorua, but Zorua cannot evolve into Zoroark.

MegaKuriboh
April 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM

Wow you read my mind man!

Swolligator
April 15th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Well, according to a summary of the first half of the plot for Phantom Master Zoroark on PokeBeach by Coronis, Zoroark is female. This means we will more than likely recieve a 100% Female Zoroark that can breed Zorua, but Zorua cannot evolve into Zoroark.

Zorua evolves in to Zoroak, it was confirmed in the corocoro.

Yuoaman
April 15th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I never really saw we'd as a hero more like an outcast but anyway I think they are doin great but what is that robot thing I would love to know

Are you referring to the guy on the motorcycle on the bridge?

That's just ridiculous speculation. Having a Pokemon that isn't a legendary being able to breed, but no allowing the bred Pokemon to evolve? Kind of far fetched. :\

Spikey-Eared Pichu
April 15th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Well the root of the info was that Zoroark has been confirmed as Female in the movie =p the second part is speculation I thought of.

fireyboy345
April 15th, 2010, 06:02 PM
i would just like to say that the robot thing is most likely a motor cycle. I mean just look at it. you can see the wheel on the bottom and a head on the top.

SolarAbusoru
April 16th, 2010, 12:00 AM

Like you said a few comments up, the 2nd half of this is speculation you thought up but, if Zoroark has a pre-evo, Zorua, then it can't be 100% female as it would need a male Zoroark to breed with.
the other part about the evolution everybody else has explained, so I won't say anything about that.

Calder
April 16th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Well the root of the info was that Zoroark has been confirmed as Female in the movie =p the second part is speculation I thought of.

There is more than one Zoroark and Zorua...They aren't legends <.<

vibratingcat
April 16th, 2010, 01:19 AM
i would just like to say that the robot thing is most likely a motor cycle. I mean just look at it. you can see the wheel on the bottom and a head on the top.
i can sooort of see it.... its rly hard to tell but i guess we could be seeing it from the back. but wats that round yellow thing on top of his head?

Hamilton
April 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM
ok, i was looking at the screens again and.. is it me or are the rockes in the cave pic (the small ones) levitating?

Bluerang1
April 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM
ok, i was looking at the screens again and.. is it me or are the rockes in the cave pic (the small ones) levitating?

Yes the were. Odd, but cool, wonder what their role is.

First post here ^_^

EDIT: I still can't fathom Zoroark is female, I mean the lipstick should have given it away, but it looked like blood. Then again, those eyes were pretty feminine. And Zorua is so cute, yet familiar, but cute! And I didn't see the new Dark type move. Link please? And I think Raikou is my new favourite out of the 3 Dogs, it's looked so appealing to me in the Gen 5 speculation thing on Serebii and looks so awesome in the movie. (<-- had to make that part relevant to this thread xD)

MegaKuriboh
April 16th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Is it me of does the starting towns graphics look almost Exactly like HGSS graphics?

Same with the cave (except the "electric rocks" and the color)

The other town though looks AWESOME!!

Pokestick, good times.
April 17th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Is it me of does the starting towns graphics look almost Exactly like HGSS graphics?

Same with the cave (except the "electric rocks" and the color)

The other town though looks AWESOME!!
No, definitely not. I can see nothing that is same as HGSS in any way, actually... Similar tho.
It wouldn't matter too much if it were, HGSS' graphics was awesome.

Cjdamon042
April 17th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Going back to the robot/motorcycle/mailbox thing, I think it's actually just a trainer with a huge backpack and a weird hat...I mean, if you look at the player's sprite, it's pretty much angled directly behind him, rather than slightly looking down. So because of that, I think we see more of the backpack than the actual person.

As for the graphics in the smaller towns and stuff, I think they're a lot different to HGSS. They may look similar due to the camera angle (which I also think looks a tad different), but the grass, the slopes and even the signs look a lot better to me personally.

Waffle-San
April 17th, 2010, 11:45 AM
^ Yeah the camera ange seems to change from town to town. The Home Town screenshot seems to have more of a classic pokemon "eagle eye" view while the City screenshot seems to be angled lower, more on the level of our character. Adjustable camera angles?

SolarAbusoru
April 17th, 2010, 11:48 AM
^ Yeah the camera ange seems to change from town to town. The Home Town screenshot seems to have more of a classic pokemon "eagle eye" view while the City screenshot seems to be angled lower, more on the level of our character. Adjustable camera angles?

雷影 イチロ already translated from the scans that the camera angle is not manually adjustable, instead, it automatically adjusts.

Waffle-San
April 17th, 2010, 12:00 PM
雷影 イチロ already translated from the scans that the camera angle is not manually adjustable, instead, it automatically adjusts.

Oh really? Must have missed that. Well that's cool, I tend to suck at games where I have to adjust the camera. :P So it does adjust automatically...wonder if they'll use that in relation to the plot or if it's just some nice feature...

SolarAbusoru
April 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
i'd say it can be used as a Plot device, Mise en Scene, Camera angles can affect the way a movie is told, same with games, if you look at how it is at the City, it's down to your characters level and horizontal, so you can barely see the building tops making them appear huge and daunting. (media class pays off)

Waffle-San
April 17th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Well from a metaphorical stand point it's obviously going to have it's implications. Something that'll be lost on most casual gamers but I was thinking more on a physically plot related level. As in you're talking to the head of team X but the camera angle is changed so you can't actually see who you're talking to and depending on the leaders involvement in the plot that could have significant implications on the plot...if that made any sense...

Bluerang1
April 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Finally, I don't have to read about white hair when I click on here. Anyway, I think we'll be able to set the angle using "L" or "R"

LegendaryPichu
April 17th, 2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdxDACr2fQ

Gameplay of Black and White. Shown in Pokémon Sunday.

Hamilton
April 17th, 2010, 04:02 PM

oh my god that looks AMAZING- thanks for posting :)
EDIT
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pics.shtml
look at the new serebii pics of the city- it has a big bilboard thing on top of the pokemon center, big buildings, a map of the town, the works of a normal anime city
oh yeah, does anyone else wonder what that building with the green outline on the door is?
but yeah you can also see what the city looks like from a birds eye view in the first picture (the town map behind the hero)
EDIT AGAIN
ok, i keep staring at the pics and...... there are pokemon! honest to goodness pokemon! unless i'm going blind, but i swear i see pokemon!

Magmarashi
April 17th, 2010, 04:13 PM

There's a better quality video of this at filb.de

Hamilton
April 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
and the more i look at it- i saw 2 pokemon.. it turns out the first was an old lady, and i can't tell if the second one (next to the pokemon center) is a statue of a lady or a pokemon- it's shaped different compared to the normal people, and colored different-
but i also noticed we'll be having a lot of water in these games

Spinor
April 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM
and the more i look at it- i saw 2 pokemon.. it turns out the first was an old lady, and i can't tell if the second one (next to the pokemon center) is a statue of a lady or a pokemon- it's shaped different compared to the normal people, and colored different-
but i also noticed we'll be having a lot of water in these games

It's a water hydrant XD

I will say, I am impressed with the 3D capabilities of these games. I guess this would be something for me to look forward to.

Wow... I just realized I'd really love ROM hackers to try and do anything to these games. I just don't know how possible it would be.

Bluerang1
April 18th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Okay, is it just me or did the girl's clothes change from pink to grey (customization hint?) or was that just her bag...

Also, I think they should keep the names Black and White on the english version, I've got over my "what plain names" phase and think is nice, simple, clean and no over the top.

Also, scratch that cheapskate thing, I'm not waiting till 2013 for the 3rd installment, I'm getting Black the day it come out here! :D

Serene Grace
April 18th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Whenever I watch that video I keep thinking to myself "Is that really a DS?" I mean it's absolutley amazing what you can do these days and it seems that Pokemon is really taking the capabilities to the limit. What I really like about the video is the fact that the buildings are massive compared to the player which shows some level of realism. Normally, people in the game describe a building as "huge" but it just doesn't look it because the player is big compared to the building. However, with these new games (I can't say anything for the hometown) they seem to have got it spot on. Although the city still reminds me of Jublife. XD;

Ragrappy99
April 18th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Was anyone else horribly disappointed with the video? The city looks absolutley lifeless. A city of that scale and there's not many people on the streets. The buildings also lack charm and make the whole place look dull. Yeah, cool camera angle and everything but being able to walk in a circle around boring buildings isn't really building hype for me.

And lol at the over-reaction of the Japanese people watching the clip xD

SolarAbusoru
April 18th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Was anyone else horribly disappointed with the video? The city looks absolutley lifeless. A city of that scale and there's not many people on the streets. The buildings also lack charm and make the whole place look dull. Yeah, cool camera angle and everything but being able to walk in a circle around boring buildings isn't really building hype for me.

And lol at the over-reaction of the Japanese people watching the clip xD

You do realise how hard it would be to get around if they put in tons more people right?
also, notice the buildings are Black and White?
and finally, the directors of the game said that you wouldn't believe you were playing a Pokemon game. Here's one of the ways to do it, go against the usual happy colour scheme of the past Pokemon games. This is all done on purpose and for a reason, and I've said this many times on the other thread, the colouring of the buildings may be symbolic.

all in all, I wasn't very disappointed at all (although still, lack of doors, that was the ONLY disappointing thing) , that video made me more psyched to get the game.

Hamilton
April 18th, 2010, 06:39 AM
i know this has been mentioned before, but it looks like there is a grass path leading out of the north side of the city (you can see on the map)
oh yeah, can anyone translate what they are saying in the video?

The Fame Monster
April 18th, 2010, 10:36 AM
i know this has been mentioned before, but it looks like there is a grass path leading out of the north side of the city (you can see on the map)
oh yeah, can anyone translate what they are saying in the video?
does it matter? its not important. all theyre doing is overreacting to a 20 second clip of a pokemon game that is just showing walking while they are probably planning suicide because they are grown adults having orgasms over pictures of a pokemon game on japanese tv

Eggie Poo Poo
April 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
All you guys asking what is that thing on the road, that belongs in speculation (not trying to minimod, just sayin).

But damnnnn it's not even recognizable as Pokemon (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing."

Kon~
April 18th, 2010, 12:50 PM
That video has restored my faith in the Pokemon Company.

If they can do stuff like that on a DS screen, what can't they do?!

(completely rhetorical)

Euonymus
April 18th, 2010, 12:54 PM
You do realise how hard it would be to get around if they put in tons more people right?
also, notice the buildings are Black and White?
and finally, the directors of the game said that you wouldn't believe you were playing a Pokemon game. Here's one of the ways to do it, go against the usual happy colour scheme of the past Pokemon games. This is all done on purpose and for a reason, and I've said this many times on the other thread, the colouring of the buildings may be symbolic.

all in all, I wasn't very disappointed at all (although still, lack of doors, that was the ONLY disappointing thing) , that video made me more psyched to get the game.

I'm glad the the "big city" looks more like a big city now its amazing what happens when you push all the buildings together..

Agreed, this is still in development don't be alarmed at what you can't see in the screenshots.

does it matter? its not important. all theyre doing is overreacting to a 20 second clip of a pokemon game that is just showing walking while they are probably planning suicide because they are grown adults having orgasms over pictures of a pokemon game on japanese tv

wow.

Well they are definitely pushing the DS's abilities to the max, thats for sure, but still I find it impressive that they can get that much detail from it. Im wondering if you can walk outside of a fixed axis

The Fame Monster
April 18th, 2010, 01:17 PM
All you guys asking what is that thing on the road, that belongs in speculation (not trying to minimod, just sayin).

But damnnnn it's not even recognizable as Pokemon (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing."
i love how your criticizing people for speculating in this thread then right after you do that you continue speculating. hypocrisy makes the world go round

wow.

lol
That video has restored my faith in the Pokemon Company.

If they can do stuff like that on a DS screen, what can't they do?!

(completely rhetorical)
i agree 100 percent

ILoveDragonite
April 18th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I already hate it i'm not going to buy it and i want to burn it's face.

WHY CAN"T MY POKEMON FOLLOW ME!?

The Fame Monster
April 18th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I already hate it i'm not going to buy it and i want to burn it's face.

WHY CAN"T MY POKEMON FOLLOW ME!?
why do you hate it sir cracks-a-lot?

Toxicroak
April 18th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Here the new trailer i uploaded, i got it from flib btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WES_Z-qTNrc

morrison
April 19th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Filb.de maybe German but it still has all the latest news and scans.. too. I hope they do rework the tiles though look too much like d/p/P/HG/SS no developement. Hope the attacks are a bit more pro active too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
April 19th, 2010, 09:31 PM
When is more info going to be released? I can't wait to see more pics of big cities.

ILoveDragonite
April 20th, 2010, 09:35 AM
why do you hate it sir cracks-a-lot?
I was hoping for pokemon that walked with me.....

Haza
April 20th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I dont think we should count it out just yet... as I'm sure that they would want to reveal a new Pokemon first, probably the starter like they did with the function in HGSS. Lets just give this some time.

Bluerang1
April 20th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Doesn't anyone else think that the Camera angle will be able to change using 'L' and 'R'

Eggie Poo Poo
April 20th, 2010, 11:23 AM
i love how your criticizing people for speculating in this thread then right after you do that you continue speculating. hypocrisy makes the world go round

I wasn't speculating, READ next time, so you don't make yourself look stupid. I wrote:

But damnnnn it's not even recognizable as Pokemon (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.)

Clearly I was just giving my opinion on the new information, like everyone else is. I wasn't speculating, I'm saying I don't recognize this as Pokemon, meaning I think they changed too much.

Serene Grace
April 20th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Guys, lets calm down now. I'm in a good mood and I don't want to be giving out infractions so let's just relax and get on with the discussion eh? x)

Blaziquaza
April 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Nintendo really is changing Pokemon now. Today, the world, tommorow, the galaxy!

The Red Chain
April 22nd, 2010, 12:40 AM
Here the new trailer i uploaded, i got it from flib btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WES_Z-qTNrcWow. Zoroark sounds much more feminine than I imagined it would..
Maybe that's just me.

And awww Zoroa got a voice change from the last trailer.
Sounds even cuter than before, so I can't say I'm disappointed~

This movie looks like it's gonna be the bomb.
Can't freakin' wait. <33

インフェルノの津波
April 22nd, 2010, 02:12 AM
Well, Zoroark is Zorua's mother....he does say MAAAA!

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 03:05 AM
I still say the overworld sprites are hideous :\ The buildings look fine, but everything looks so polygonal.

UndertakerFreak1127
April 22nd, 2010, 03:05 AM
I was hoping that possibly the fixed walking would be gone and replaced with free roaming (in lieu of up, down, left, right.) It looks as if they made the cities a revolving door. Not liking that too much.

Please, no more types and keep the new Pokemon to a minimum. 493 is quite enough.

SolarAbusoru
April 22nd, 2010, 04:38 AM
Doesn't anyone else think that the Camera angle will be able to change using 'L' and 'R'

No, it won't as someone on the other thread translated, the camera is automated, and will only switch in certain places. (and I like it like that, seriously, a manual camera would just be a real hassle.)

UndertakerFreak1127
April 22nd, 2010, 04:41 AM
No, it won't as someone on the other thread translated, the camera is automated, and will only switch in certain places. (and I like it like that, seriously, a manual camera would just be a real hassle.)

Yeah, a manual camera is pushing it. Only if the landscape has RADICALLY changed or if it's conducive to gameplay continuity.

Hamilton
April 25th, 2010, 05:18 AM
did anything happen on pokemon sunday?

SIN1488
April 25th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I still say the overworld sprites are hideous :\ The buildings look fine, but everything looks so polygonal.

I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's probably because it's still in development and they just want to show the gameplay now or something.

Hamilton
April 26th, 2010, 05:04 PM
so nothing on pokemon sunday? ah only 3 weeks until new info :D

Blue
April 28th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Corocoro scans will probally be leaked 12/13th May or maybe sooner, and the up-coming Pokemon Sunday's will surely have some big news about it soon, we haven't had much news in a while, considering it's being released in fall and its coming upto may theres going to be a big lot of information given out in a short amount of time.

However, I don't think I like the idea of 3D Buildings and 3D Cities, it's too far-advanced, it looks too big and too complicated to get around, I'd rather it be like the previous games but i'll see what new screens we get and see what it's like when I actually play it then my opinion may change :)

.тαмєя
April 29th, 2010, 08:21 AM
This game looks awesome! :3
Can't wait... I suppose this coming out around 2011?
I'm not to sure about the 3D overworld sprites though but oh well... They'll probally improve since they've only just started making the game ^.-

Ecstatic
April 29th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I belive we will receive more information on May the 15th, as what people were saying when the game was was basically announced :P I can't wait for more information, and hope we will see the Starters, what do you all hope to see?

April 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM
This might sound like speculation but we should look into this, it seems like we have a might see a new pokemon on pokemon sunday according to Seribii but it's still info, here's the link: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Haza
April 30th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I'm not going to get my hopes up even though I feel like it would be good time, I would expect to see it from Coro Coro first. This is unusual for Pokemon Sunday.

April 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Your right Haza ,it is... isn't corocoro coming out like 6 days after that pokemon sunday event anyways.

Haza
April 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Yep, the 15th, but if anything, it could be a silhouette, but if it is being used in battle I don't know...

May 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
pokebeach confirmed it's going to be a new pokemon so we now have some info to work from, in two weeks after they reveal the Silhoutte which will most likely be revealed in Corocoro before may 16 in Pokemon sunday.

Rekon
May 3rd, 2010, 12:35 AM
So yeah pokemon Sunday revealed the silhouettes of the new starters for pokemon black and white:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll242/Wrekstar/NewStarters-Copy.jpg

A fire snake (the fangame Pokemon Acanthite did this first), A grass Deer (first non reptillian grass starter) and a water Dolphin.

Edit: Just found out they are fakes

morrison
May 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
They are going to reveal one new Pokemon next week.

Blue
May 5th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I hope there's pre-evolutions/evolutions of the non evolving pokemon;
Farfetch'd
Kangaskhan
Pinsir
Tauros
Lapras
Ditto
Aerodactyl
Unown
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Heracross
Corsola
Delibird
Skarmory
Stantler
Smeargle
Sableye
Mawile
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Torkoal
Spinda
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Castform
Kecleon
Tropius
Absol
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Combee (Male)
Pachirisu
Chatot
Spiritomb
Carnivine
Rotom

I'm sure some of them will, either that or more non-evolving pokemon.

Calder
May 5th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they will add most of these and combined Tauros and Miltank family with a new prevo (Male evolve into Tauros and Female into Miltank)

Johtomasterandlover
May 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Actually i was just thinking the same thing, the graphics are gonna be crazy out-of-scale 3-D, just awsome

ATTENTON, BEWARE THE ULTIMATE PARALLEL OF THE POKEMON WORLD
if you finnish reading this, you theserve a medal, and if you UNDERSTAND this, it´s not a medal, but a noble prize of peace

and just seeing the symbols for the Black and White.... ok let´s make a parallel here

First it was basic consept of living things: bats, caterpillars, lizards, turtles and plants, out of legendary and even mythological animals as for dragons and elemental birds
AAND specially for the speculation of appearence of them in the world ( Mew´s genetic code ) and how humanity screwed something so pure ( team rocket and mewtwo )

Then comes the consept of more living things, in wich appears the effects of nature on those creatures: stones, and specially taking eevee as an example, conditions of night day effects, also with legends of how pokemon and humans got to live together ( ruins of Alph and unow ) also adding the rainbow and psychic ability to the list, not created by humanity like mewtwo, but natural psychical ability ( Ho-oh Lugia )and a concept of time traveling, wich isn´t time controlling but it´s pretty much alredy

Then comes the consept o the abilities of the creatures, according to their needs and attributes like Blaze or Static or even Weather change and Climate change ( castform and deoxys respectively ) wich expanded to Weather and climate after being presented into environmental only, wich is smaller and even pokemon to be thought of being native of other worlds ( lunatone and solrock )

Then we have the studying of the energy used and presented by them( the evolution energy Cyrus talks about sometimes )and Time-Space ditchonomy ( Dialga Palkia ) besides exsitance ditchonomy ( Giratina- parallel world concept ) and even CREATION ditchonomy ( Arceus )

And now.... good evil besieding, wich is in everything that´s good there´s something evil and in everything that´s evil there´s some good.
But beware, maybe that´s only valid for nature, kill or die for need, not amusement.
If the intentions are good it normaly is good, and if intentions are evil, it normally is evil, only not for too complicated minds ( or too deformed, your call )

Haza
May 7th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Starters to be revealed next week... (Assumed by the confirmed amount of 3 Pokemon being revealed on the episode of Pokemon Sunday)

May 7th, 2010, 05:29 PM
poke beach said that it would be covering the whole episode and announce the info as soon as it comes out the episode start 4 pm Pacific time.

Hamilton
May 8th, 2010, 04:07 AM
The description can be inferred that there appears the three starter Pokémon the new games and battle scenes are shown.
i can't wait- i'm just gonna take a guess and say that after tomorrow in japan (today where i am) we will be blasted with info at least every other week... that will be good

Bluerang1
May 8th, 2010, 04:37 AM
I can't wait to see the silhouettes and the concept art that's made before they fully get revealed :)

GlitchCity
May 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Starters to be revealed next week... (Assumed by the confirmed amount of 3 Pokemon being revealed on the episode of Pokemon Sunday)
Geeze I must've missed something! Now Im excited :D I wonder what they will be based off of.

Hamilton
May 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM
same as the other thread- here they are

LegendaryPichu
May 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri82PnUbH8s
Footage

Silhouettes

Make your own Pokemon! Fill it in!

Next week the they will be shown completely.

Toxicroak
May 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM
heres a bigger pic from flib
http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20100509_silhouetten.jpg

this as also at the end but i dont think its a screenshot from B/W:
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv141/MetalPly/tox229.png

LegendaryPichu
May 8th, 2010, 05:01 PM
heres a bigger pic from flib
http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20100509_silhouetten.jpg

this as also at the end but i dont think its a screenshot from B/W:
http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv141/MetalPly/tox229.png

I just recorded that part for like a second, that's PBR. I tried to upload as quickly as possible, I didn't notice I left that there.

Kon~
May 9th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Those silhouettes look sorta wierd...

I do like the look of the middle (top) one though. It looks almost like... a Spoink/Turtwig combo. XD

I suppose they're all going to be anonymous until the full-scale full-colour reveal or whatever, but I do like the look of that middle one... :D

.Gamer
May 9th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Why can I tell that these starters are already going to be terrible? Like, worse than Gen 4.

LegendaryPichu
May 9th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I don't think speculation goes here...

And the negative comments are wrong, look at Mudkip... it looks like a piece of crap with it's silhouette. A fat lard with an afro sticking out is what it looks like.

And now look at it, it's probably the most beloved starter out there.

RuRuBell
May 9th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I actually think the silhouettes look pretty cute. I'm looking forward to seeing that pokemon with the three points on its tail.

Åzurε
May 9th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I saw the silhouettes. Seems to be standard fare to me. Assuming the top starter is fire, it looks WAY too similar to Salamander in FFXII: Revenant Wings. =/ Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Pityflame
May 9th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I hope there's pre-evolutions/evolutions of the non evolving pokemon;
Farfetch'd
Kangaskhan
Pinsir
Tauros
Lapras
Ditto
Aerodactyl
Unown
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Heracross
Corsola
Delibird
Skarmory
Stantler
Smeargle
Sableye
Mawile
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Torkoal
Spinda
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Castform
Kecleon
Tropius
Absol
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Combee (Male)
Pachirisu
Chatot
Spiritomb
Carnivine
Rotom

I'm sure some of them will, either that or more non-evolving pokemon. hell no, just about all of those pokemon are awesome and definately do not need evolving.

MantisboyN
May 10th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I wanna see them leave the first and second gen pokes alone.. lapras does not need a preevolution.. neither does aerodactyl. All of the new evos for old pokes have been pretty bad in my opinion. just leave them alone

billi1000
May 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
is any body sure which silluette corresponds to which type? i mean both the left and the top silluette have structures that look like leaves but the right one is most probably the water type because it looks like it has flipper feet :P

Serene Grace
May 10th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Just a slight nudge as I am recieving some reports about the content of posts in this thread. Remember, this thread is for discussion of current information. So information we already know about the new games of the fifth generation. Speculating goes in the speculation thread.

GlitchCity
May 10th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I wonder how the 3D view will affect the entire game :\ hah I cant wait to see the gyms in full 3D

Mujahid
May 12th, 2010, 02:19 AM
the starters are here......check pokebeach !!

Vampire://Krimm
May 12th, 2010, 02:32 AM
They look... sort of unexciting to be honest XD

The grass one is pretty cool but I can't feel that we've seen something so similar two generations ago. The pig just has a bunch of colors and...the water starter...not sure what it's supposed to be at all. A beaver with freckles?

billi1000
May 12th, 2010, 02:38 AM
the starters arent very appealing to me, i was really expecting more elegant starters truly, although i like the grass starter, i hope it turns out to be a grass/Dragon :P XD

Mujahid
May 12th, 2010, 02:40 AM
something makes me feel that the final form of water starter is going to be a POLAR BEAR !!....the grass one looks pretty gud though

GlitchCity
May 12th, 2010, 02:58 AM
something makes me feel that the final form of water starter is going to be a POLAR BEAR !!....the grass one looks pretty gud though
haha thats what I think. Im so psyched about the grass starter

A Pixy
May 12th, 2010, 03:21 AM
I want the grass starter. Not just because I always pick the grass starter, but because it reminds me of Treecko a bit. And if you'll notice, my original name was Mystery Treecko. Cool, and nonchalant.

loliwin
May 12th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I feel like the Water starter is gonna turn into a MASSIVE beast.

A Pixy
May 12th, 2010, 04:02 AM
If it IS a polar bear, I'm naming him Churchill. /shot for patriotism

Not that that matters, I'm picking nonchalant, duck, grass...

Thing.

Now I just need to decide which protagonist is less bland so I can choose him/her.

RuRuBell
May 12th, 2010, 06:34 AM
I just saw them on Serebii. I was the most excited to see the grass starter, and it turns out that it's the best looking out of all of them. Pokemon sure seems to make reptilian grass starters, but I like this one's design. A lot cooler than Treeko.

The pig could have potential, I guess, depending on its evolved forms...

But that water starter is just ugly.

And what's with the female character's bangs? At least you can't see them in the game...

Okami Chi
May 12th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Is it just me or does the one look like a Platypus with a hat. Maybe I'm insane for looking at it too long. :(

-Okami

Red1530
May 12th, 2010, 07:20 AM
According Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml) the protagonists will be older then in the past. Maybe an attempt to get older players?

Co500
May 12th, 2010, 07:22 AM
could anyone translate the text?
Heres the full 2 pages, http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/78/Corocoro7.jpg
I really want to know what its saying about the regions on the left page

Waffle-San
May 12th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Heres the full 2 pages, http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/78/Corocoro7.jpg

I can't read Japanese but I can tell you that the regions pictured are Sinnoh, Johto and Kanto and then the arrow point to a picture of one of the cities in the new game. Presumably the one we've seen gameplay footage of. Right below they do the same thing with the protagonists.

Kai Yamato
May 12th, 2010, 07:52 AM
...Eh. I'd go with grass or water ones. The pig just doesn't cut it for me. I just hope their evo forms look cooler.

.Gamer
May 12th, 2010, 08:07 AM
These are so bad. :(

They look like something out of a very bad fan-made fakedex.

November Darling
May 12th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Oh my god you guys I actually love them. The grass one is such a smug little jerk, the fire pig is adorable and I will henceforth call it BACONATOR, and the otter/bear thing is so sad-looking I just want to hug it. It's like it knows that the internet hates it.

Bluerang1
May 12th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Oh my god you guys I actually love them. The grass one is such a smug little jerk, the fire pig is adorable and I will henceforth call it BACONATOR, and the otter/bear thing is so sad-looking I just want to hug it. It's like it knows that the internet hates it.

LOL!!! Well if it smiled, maybe the internet won't hate it, I'd probably put it ahead of the Fire Pig. The Grass one's the best out of the bunch. The Female protagonist is hawt! And could be my age ;)

There's been:
Misty
May
Dawn
She could be April... :)
(sorry for speculative bit)

Massai
May 12th, 2010, 08:40 AM
The more I look at it, the more the Grass and Fire starter grow on me. I can't show any love to the Water starter sadly.

The trainers look great though.

Erick
May 12th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Have anyone seen this?
http://frentebatalla.com/noticias/editor/uploads/imagenes/2009/diciembre/corocoropokemonblackwhihJUN02.jpg

Charmageddon
May 12th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Those screenshots look brilliant! It looks to me like there are more "pointless" areas, which I like, it makes the Pokemon world feel a bit more real and less like a fake area where everything there is directly related to you and your quest.

Serene Grace
May 12th, 2010, 09:54 AM
What a group of starters, eh? My first opinion? Of course I love them! They're really cute which, as I noted previously, is what the first stage of a starter should be. They're your first Pokemon - of course you want them to be cute. When they evolve is when they should start becoming much stronger. I think these new Pokemon hit that mark very well. On first look, I think I might choose the Grass type because it just appeals to me. It looks so sly which makes me want to use it and see how it'll react. It's like it's testing me.

The characters? I have to say, for once, personally, congratulations to GameFreak's designers. I mean, wow! The male looks cool. No other word for it, just cool. His trousers are nice and baggy, his coat split at the bottom and his sweet hat. As for the female. Wow. Wow. Oh my. She is - just wow. Everything about her is just incredibly attractive and, best of all, modern. Nice short coat, short shorts and boots. What girls of today wear. Kudos GameFreak. Kudos on such great designs, both the starters and the characters. In my opinion, they're awesome. Full stop.

billi1000
May 12th, 2010, 10:21 AM
yay, Gamefreak finally decided to let time go on and make protagonists that are older in age :P, and the designs are just stunning, best so far in pokemon in every angle possible and the new screenshots show more 3d graffical features in the game, and hopefully bigger cities and villages. I just hope this game doesnt come out as a 3DS exclusive game, looking at the graffics it isnt very a very negligable idea...

Timbjerr
May 12th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I will go on the record right now as saying that I loove Tsutaaja's and Pokabu's designs. Mijumaru, not so much...but I do have a tendency to hate on water-type starters (I hated Piplup and Mudkip when they were revealed, and grew to at least respect their fully-evolved forms)

I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys' fully evolved forms for the fun of it. I can see Tsutaaja evolving into a rather epic dinosaur thing, but the other two can go anywhere. =/

Remember, it's common to not like the unevolved starters because the fully evolved starters are where it's all at. :D

Bluerang1
May 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm sorta disappointed. Some of it looks too much like DPPtHGSS, but what can they do, it's on DS afterall. Though they made up for this in my view with the camera angles which are great. I'll just start saving up for a 3DS with the 3rd installation, I'd want to get the Legendary 3DS with that, like the Girantina Lite that came out when Platinum did.

I iwsh the guys jacket switched colours, dark blue body with light blue accents, doesn't really appeal to me as a dark blue one would have.

Guy
May 12th, 2010, 10:32 AM
yay, Gamefreak finally decided to let time go on and make protagonists that are older in age :P, and the designs are just stunning, best so far in pokemon in every angle possible and the new screenshots show more 3d graffical features in the game, and hopefully bigger cities and villages. I just hope this game doesnt come out as a 3DS exclusive game, looking at the graffics it isnt very a very negligable idea...
Both Pokémon Black and White will be compatible on all DS systems so far. It's speculated however that the third counterpart to come after Black and White will be made for the 3DS in mind. Although, they have taken the step up and made the graphics more 3D from what was done in DPPt & HG/SS - which in my opinion has been done pretty well.

Dominus Temporis
May 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I'm really digging the new designs, though I know a lot of people aren't. Eh, people complain about everything, though, what're ya gonna do?

As much as I like the starters, I'm also curious as to what they'll evolve into, because after all, the first forms are only a third of the whole thing. I'm hoping for a fire boar for El Piggo, but honestly he also looks a little aardvark-ish to me. So we'll see what happens. The new player designs aren't too bad, but a little generic. Not that I would mind playing as them, they're just a bit less distinctive than their predecessors.

Still, great start to the info here. I'm certainly looking forward to more.

Kai Yamato
May 12th, 2010, 10:36 AM
So the female character design's theme is... short shorts. Of course, Gamefreak. XD

Nice character designs though.

Mongo
May 12th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I'm really happy with the grass starter, and the fire one has potential.

Underwhelmed by the water one, though.

shookie
May 12th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Fire and water starters are sooooo cute :O and I love the character designs too, especially how they gave the girl a baseball hat. It's a nice tomboyish look.
The grass starter looks a tad creepy to me, I'm not sure why...it's probably because of its giant eye. For Pokémon it just seems really prominent and odd. I can almost already tell that I'll be picking fire for my starter, omggg fire pig.

The Cynic
May 12th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I'm really happy with the grass starter, and the fire one has potential.

Underwhelmed by the water one, though.

I agree about the Water one. It's so dull looking. I can't wait to see the pig's evos though!

HaloSonic
May 12th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Fire starter looks actually quite good. and the female character looks cute (and i wish the character wasn't a 10 year old still).

Guy
May 12th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Fire starter looks actually quite good. and the female character looks cute (and i wish the character wasn't a 10 year old still).
Lucky, because the male and female protagonists are no longer ten year old kids in these games compared to the previous Pokémon meta-games. In this case, they're considered teenagers which is a step up for GameFreak as it's about time we begin moving up the ladder a bit in the games. With this said, I see nothing wrong with the female wearing such a short short pants as most teenage girls today do. As for the male, well he dresses his age, that's for sure. Plus, it appears this region is also far away from the past four generation regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh). So, I have a feeling that some predictable patterns may just be broken for the Fifth Generation.

Daydream
May 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I'm only really impressed by the grass starter, it looks cool and sly. The other two are kind of meh (the evolutions might look better). But maybe they'll have better final forms. And I love the new characters, although I'm wondering what the spikey things in the girl's shorts are?

Sora's Nobody
May 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm only really impressed by the grass starter, it looks cool and sly. The other two are kind of meh (the evolutions might look better). But maybe they'll have better final forms. And I love the new characters, although I'm wondering what the spikey things in the girl's shorts are?The shorts... they are making me fell this game will take place in america :)

Samme!
May 12th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I'm actually really liking these designs, to be honest. When I first saw the silhouettes I was a little apprehensive because they seemed to basic, but know that they have been fully revealed I like them a lot. The Grass Starter looks pretty cool, even if he does remind me of Treeko some. The Fire Starter is adorable I must say, and it's going to be interesting to see what his evolutions look like, as well as for the Water Starter. So I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far :] It also looks like everybody's predictions on the types in correspondence to the silhouettes were correct xD

And as for the Trainers, they're awesome. Couldn't say anything more. ^-^

Sora's Nobody
May 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I might just end up with the water type, no matter how it ends up looking, cause i dont like fire, i preffer cold & rain :3

Co500
May 12th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Have anyone seen this?
http://frentebatalla.com/noticias/editor/uploads/imagenes/2009/diciembre/corocoropokemonblackwhihJUN02.jpg

train tracks!!
and whats that in the bottom left???
The characters look amazing and alot older maybe 14-16?

shookie
May 12th, 2010, 11:45 AM
And I love the new characters, although I'm wondering what the spikey things in the girl's shorts are?
I think they're meant to be her pockets, like, the shorts were originally long(er) pants that were cut to be shorts, but the pockets weren't cut.

Looking back at the designs, it's kind of odd (to me) that the type of clothing is so different between the guy and the girl. The guy looks like he's dressed for cooler weather, while the girl looks like she's dressed for summer/hotter weather. You'd think they'd make the two consistent, not that it's a huge game-breaking detail :p

Samme!
May 12th, 2010, 11:48 AM
train tracks!!
and whats that in the bottom left???
The characters look amazing and alot older maybe 14-16?

It look like the Male Protagonist is in some type of forest in the bottom left.

Netto Azure
May 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Well just saw the Coro Coro scans.

The Starters look quite fine to me. So the Water Starter looks like a Polar Bear for some reason.

As for the others, the Fire Starter looks like a ToarkoalxGrumpig mix. XP

The Grass looks unique tho. :3

An Imperialist named Dak
May 12th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Short shorts. Oh god, the internet is going to do some horrible things with her. And what are those things hanging off the shorts.
The boy looks better than 4th gens
Grass snake... clever (even though it has arms and legs)
Fire pig. I predict its second type to be dark.
Water started looks like... blegh.
Claw sharpen with anything that has stone edge plz.
Illusion, if its not controllable, then i suspect zor to be in the bottom ranks on smogon.

Hamilton
May 12th, 2010, 11:55 AM
a forest where you go through a broken tree trunk to get off the ledge? awesome :)
and yeah lol, it probs will take place in america- just look at the way the dress- that's exactly how we dress :)
some more info

The region's name is Isshu (イッシュ) and is located very far away.
The main characters are older than ever before; they are not children.
The Pokemon's names are Tsutaaja (ツタージャ), Pokabu (ポカブ), and Mijumaru (ミジュマル). For Tsuutaaja, "tsuta" means "ivy" and "ja" is one way of saying the word "snake." For Pokabu, the name could derive from "po" for "pork," "ka" from the Japanese kanji for "fire," and "bu" is the sound a pig makes in Japanese culture (here it's "oink"). As for Mijumaru, "mijuku" means "immature" and "maru" means "round" or "ball."
It appears the starters are an ivy snake, a fire pig, and a sea otter.
The city shown in the top-left of the scan is Hiun City.
Zoroark's ability is called Illusion (イリュージョン). The ability allows it to take on the appearance of other Pokemon.
Two new attacks are Trickery (イカサマ), which outputs damage depending on the opposing Pokemon's stats, and Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ), which raises your Attack and Accuracy.

Dillon_68
May 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I want the Water starter, sea otters ftw! Its cute, looks like it will be a beast when it grows up. Its head reminds me of a snowball, lol.

Rich Boy Rob
May 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Short shorts. Oh god, the internet is going to do some horrible things with her. And what are those things hanging off the shorts.
That's Rule 34 for ya ;). Even if she had been in a giant clown costume there would still be some quite... iffy pictures being made.

HaloSonic
May 12th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Lucky, because the male and female protagonists are no longer ten year old kids in these games compared to the previous Pokémon meta-games. In this case, they're considered teenagers which is a step up for GameFreak as it's about time we begin moving up the ladder a bit in the games. With this said, I see nothing wrong with the female wearing such a short short pants as most teenage girls today do. As for the male, well he dresses his age, that's for sure. Plus, it appears this region is also far away from the past four generation regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh). So, I have a feeling that some predictable patterns may just be broken for the Fifth Generation.
nice, at least i dont feel guilty about liking her now. regardless, the otter starter is a big disappointment.

Sora's Nobody
May 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I want the Water starter, sea otters ftw! Its cute, looks like it will be a beast when it grows up. Its head reminds me of a snowball, lol.Yeah i love its snowball look :) and even thought its a sea otter now, i wouldnt even be surprised if it evolves into some kind of polar bear, its not like we havent seen weirder stuff

I Date Flaffy's
May 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Does anybody else think these pokemon are all cutsy i hope to god they will be beasts when they grow up they remind me of old pokemon that have been changed slightly

Peeeka Chooo
May 12th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Omg I personally dislike the Water-type starter . It looks hideous ! It's cute in the sense that it's small, round, and fluffy-ish, but its face is just ... ! But I must say, the Grass-type starter has finally caught my attention . I havent picked the starter in a Pokemon game since Bulbasuar . I'm glad they made the Grass-type starter a lil' more appealing this time . In the past games, I usually picked the Fire (Charmander, Torchic, Chimchar <3) or the Water (MUDKIP<3<3 ; Piplup) types . Now I think I'm actually gonna go with the Grass .

& I agree with you guys, the visuals have been greatly enhanced ! I love how Gamefreak added civilization into their Pokemon world . I never really understood why there weren't cars & industrialized features in the games .

Good job GameFreak, can't wait for 2011 ! ;D

MartinJF
May 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Fire-pig might look very strange or very cool as a final evolution.
Grass-snake: well, I have a tiny ifra on how the final evo will be.
Sea-Otter: Uh, well, it looks very... Bad :P

I will choose Fire :D or maybe Grass. No way I'm going to choose Water at least.

Cyndahog
May 12th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I have to say, the fire type is really growing on me. <3

And the players, good job GF. We no longer have a toothpick of a male like Lucas. The female looks really good as well. Well played.

Peeeka Chooo
May 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I have to say, the fire type is really growing on me. <3

And the players, good job GF. We no longer have a toothpick of a male like Lucas. The female looks really good as well. Well played.

Although I think that HGSS's male character was by far, the best out of all the male leads.

Delta Stream
May 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM
(Poke)Pig...
Pig...
Immature Ball...
Ivy Snake...

The meaning of the starters names...

I KNEW IT WAS A PIG for the FIRE starter

Sora's Nobody
May 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM
(Poke)Pig...
Pig...
Immature Ball...
Ivy Snake...

The meaning of the starters names...

I KNEW IT WAS A PIG for the FIRE starterNope not exactly, check Pokebeach, "Bu" is the sound the pig makes in japanese a.k.a "Oink"

Bloothump
May 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah i love its snowball look :) and even thought its a sea otter now, i wouldnt even be surprised if it evolves into some kind of polar bear, its not like we havent seen weirder stuff

This one is my favorite too! It's too cute. I'm expecting a bear for the final evo.
It's wierd, I usually like the grass types most. But these past two gens I've been liking the waters. I've never particularly liked the fires, with the exception of torchic. (But all the starters were awesome in Hoenn) I really dislike Mr. fire pig.

umbreon_4_life
May 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I'm am soooo chosing either the grass or fire starter! The water one is just... creepy looking... I like the new character people, but to me they look like they don't belong in a Pokémon game...

Toshiro.
May 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Alright, lets see here...

I love the new character designs, both looking great. Making them look more like teenagers is a great idea.

I love the look of the grass starter, he looks pretty sweet. The fire type also looks pretty good, better than Chimchar thats for sure.

Now, the water starter. I really am disappointed with this one, it looks poorly done to be honest. It reminds me too much of Piplup, in fact it looks like a Piplup but like an ice type version... I hope his evolutions look better.

Overall I am pretty pleased with how things are looking right now, can't wait to learn more.

Bloothump
May 12th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Alright, lets see here...

I love the new character designs, both looking great. Making them look more like teenagers is a great idea.

I love the look of the grass starter, he looks pretty sweet. The fire type also looks pretty good, better than Chimchar thats for sure.

Now, the water starter. I really am disappointed with this one, it looks poorly done to be honest. It reminds me too much of Piplup, in fact it looks like a Piplup but like an ice type version... I hope his evolutions look better.

Overall I am pretty pleased with how things are looking right now, can't wait to learn more.

Hmm, you're right, Mr. Otter does look a lot like piplup. In fact, when I saw Piplup for the first time I thought it was going to evolve to be water/ice. But the only thing I dislike about it is the color of it's nose. It would work better if it were black. Also, the dark blue needs to be light blue. Regardless of thath though, it's still my favorite.

Izanagi
May 12th, 2010, 02:18 PM
The girl's shorts are way too high IMO. I know they're teens, but I don't even agree with how alot of teens dress today. besides that, these are the best designs I've seen since GSC IMO. The starters, however, are the worst I've ever seen. Disgusting. The only one I'm even remotely attracted to is the grass one. But I usually pick grass anyway.

Peeeka Chooo
May 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM
The girl's shorts are way too high IMO. I know they're teens, but I don't even agree with how alot of teens dress today. besides that, these are the best designs I've seen since GSC IMO. The starters, however, are the worst I've ever seen. Disgusting. The only one I'm even remotely attracted to is the grass one. But I usually pick grass anyway.

I agree about the starters ;x The past generations way wereee cuter ;p

Ayselipera
May 12th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I love the female character. I think she may be the best female player we have had so far. The starters aren't anything special, but I wasn't expecting them to be so it's not like I just got slapped in the face with news I didn't already suspect. I think it's way to early to say THIS IS THE POKEMON I'M GOING WITH FORGET THE REST!!! We haven't even seen what they lead up to. I mean yes, at this point the grass starter looks the most promising, but until I see what they all evolve into I'm not making any definite statements.

Vernikova
May 12th, 2010, 02:30 PM
The starters look like trash with the only one of them that looks decent being Mijumaru. The Grass-type starter is the worst one of the bunch with its mega ugly body design. The Fire-type starter is below-decent but I'm not totally revolted by it.

Regarding the desings of the characters: I like them oddly enough. I've never had any problems with character designs even though Sugimori makes them look really bad (Kinda like Lyra).

Esper
May 12th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I'm liking the character designs. Short shorts, what's the problem? That's kind of normal in Japan. But forget about the shorts, look at those shoes!

The link was broken, but if it's the same image on pokebeach then it's saying that the region is faraway from Kanto and Johto, enough that you'd need a plane or boat to get there and that it might be in a foreign country.

Maybe it'll be based on Taiwan or Korea.

Bloothump
May 12th, 2010, 03:09 PM
The link was broken, but if it's the same image on pokebeach then it's saying that the region is faraway from Kanto and Johto, enough that you'd need a plane or boat to get there and that it might be in a foreign country.

Maybe it'll be based on Taiwan or Korea.

Many people think it's based on America. So far we've seen forest, train, industrious, and city climates. Sounds pretty much like America. I hope so, maybe we can get more diversity in race if the game is based on North America.

sirboulevard
May 12th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Im loving the new character designs. Finally mature. The pokemon are bleh, but I expected that.

Heres to whatever is next!

Yamikarasu
May 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
The new trainer designs are simply awesome. Finally they're acknowledging their older fanbase. I'm pretty much freaking out right now. :3

I'll get used to the new starters eventually. IMO, the color diversity is a bit lacking, since both the grass and water starters have white as their secondary color. Oh well. Right now I'm leaning towards the grass type as my favorite out of the bunch, but I'll wait until I see their final evolutions, even though we probably won't find those until the games are released in Japan.

Mongo
May 12th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Yep, the new character designs are nice.

Alexeon
May 12th, 2010, 05:18 PM
The new trainers are awesome. I didn't expect to like the girl very much based on the poor-res shots of her overworld sprite, but now I take that all back. The guy looks great, too. Cool and confident...And is that a modified Pokétch I see on their wrists? o.o

Whenever new starters get introduced, I have to battle the urge to compare them to previous gens. Overall, not much bothers me about them, but I can't really see myself loving any particular one just yet...But it took one look at Infernape to make me love Chimchar, so who knows~ Hoping the Grass-type's final form doesn't disappoint, and the Fire-type's ends up surprising me.

TeddiursaFan
May 12th, 2010, 06:18 PM
I think that most people will get used to the new starters and will apreciate them more when there final evolutions come out. For me, I find the starters rather different from the rest, which is probably why most people hate them so much.
Is that some kind of pokegadget I spy on both of trainers? It appears that gamefreak won't let those devices go away. For the actual trainers, I have no problem with them. I don't know why gamefreak made them look older, but it seems fine with me. The male trainer reminds me of a fisherman with the orange hat and shoes.

Zameric
May 12th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I also like how the main characters are supposed to be older than main characters in previous games. Although, I never really thought of the previous main character as looking like they were pre-teen age. They always looks around 14 or 15 to me, but w/e.

I have to admit, so far this is my least favorite set of starters. But I will reserve permanent judgment till their evolutions are revealed.

Åzurε
May 12th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Starters: For the most part, I am disappoint. Still, I'll wait until we can see their evolutions...

I admit I like the Grass one's name. Tsutaja.

Girl trainer's got crazy hair, dood. And her clothes scare me. I heartily approve of the guy's outfit (excepting the shoes [What's his shoe size? It's over 9000!]), however.

What's the little blurb up top that says "Pokemon NAVI BOOK" about? They called the devicey thing in RSE a PokeNAVI, but that's all I've got...

loliwin
May 12th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I think theyre focusing WAY more on the region and charaters than the Pokemon. :(

sirboulevard
May 12th, 2010, 11:24 PM
I actually found something small but interesting while browsing DA about Black and White.

http://bluerang1.deviantart.com/art/OMG-Pokemon-Multiracial-163809616

Apparently there are races in the game finally.

Idiot!
May 13th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Is it just me, or they look like the protagonists of FRLG? The guys wear similar jackets, although the colour is different; the girls have those wristbands. Their caps reflect the names of the games there are starring in. One question for the girl: what's that thing coming out of your shorts?

We are now into the fifth generation, so when are we going to break free from the pattern of Grass reptile starter? The trend of Fire mammals and Water cold-bloods had broken in the third and fourth gen respectively. I am getting tired of seeing Grass reptiles as starters, but I shall tolerate it a bit longer because this one actually looks awesome.

How did the Grass starter get the name/classification of snake? It definitely looks more like a lizard/related to Cyndaquil. Please, don't evolve into something that is quadrupedal, or worse, legless. I want you to learn Focus Punch. The Water one looks like a clown and snowman hybrid, something I find myself unable to take very seriously of. As for the Fire piggy, we all can rest well knowing it is not likely to evolve into a Fire/Fighting, but that worries me a lot. If it is not going to be part Ground or Steel, it won't see playability in OU because of SR.

Sora's Nobody
May 13th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Wow the new city shots are amazing!

Toxicroak
May 13th, 2010, 01:59 AM
heres a health bar i drew, its all i could make out from the scan:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/133/b/d/Black___White_healthbar_sprite_by_Azzmon.png

JP
May 13th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I think theyre focusing WAY more on the region and charaters than the Pokemon. :(

How do you get to that conclusion? I personally think they're focusing on all aspects equally, like they pretty much did with the previous generations.

Bamboo Basara
May 13th, 2010, 12:04 PM
These are, in my opinion, the best group of starters yet. People are saying "they don't look like Pokemon" and I agree, but I think that's a good thing. Let's be honest with ourselves, most Pokemon of the past were far from creative. Persian is just a cat with a dot in it's forehead, Seel is just a seal with a horn, Ledyba is just a big lady bug and Grimer is just a pile of goo. Game Freak likes to take already existing creatures, tweak something very, very small, then call it a Pokemon.

The water starter doesn't look like anything I've ever seen before and I'm happy about that. It shows me that Game Freak isn't playing it safe anymore, they're actually getting creative. I think all three starters are great, and I hope the rest of gen 5 can live up to these three.