View Full Version : Do you still feel like a n00bie?

A Pixy
April 14th, 2010, 1:47 PM
This thread is simple, do you still feel like you have much to learn, like you're still a grasshopper and not the master with the h00ge beard.

Frankly, ignoring the fact that I'm close to the Veteran emblem, I still feel as though I haven't been here much. I come here almost every day, but I still don't feel like I'm a teeny part of the community. Maybe it's because I don't have 1000 posts yet. >_>

How about you?

April 14th, 2010, 2:01 PM
Not really, but sometimes I do. Like when you guys start talking about Gurren Lagan, I'm all like WTF or when you talk about something I didn't know about.

Also, yes, 2 years and no 1,000 = N00B

April 14th, 2010, 2:07 PM
Not really, but sometimes I do. Like when you guys start talking about Gurren Lagan, I'm all like WTF or when you talk about something I didn't know about.

Also, yes, 2 years and no 1,000 = N00B

How do you not know TTGL it is only the most Awesome Mecha Anime and Manga ever! yea when i venture new Boards like for instance even thou i wach loads of anime i never post in japanese entertainment it just scares me to be all Huh?! again and with my 200 posts i do feel kinda Nobie everywhere else but i feel like i have mad myself known? in a way

April 14th, 2010, 2:13 PM
I've been here 3 years too, and still feel noobish cause I took about a year long hiatus, and aren't very well known.

April 14th, 2010, 2:19 PM
In the middle. I'm not extremely popular, but a fair bit of people know me, and many more have seen me around a lot. But I still feel like a n00b, especially when I do something stupid... Ugh, June MoTM....

April 14th, 2010, 2:56 PM
I've been here quite a long time and modded for awhile, so I'd like to think I'm not really that noobish anymore. However I'm sure that's up for debate, haha. :p

But, I feel that there's always room for growth. Every year I grow just a bit more. Chances are next year I'll look at posts from this year and go "wtf was I thinking, I look stupid again." And that's not mentioning all of the older, more experienced members, who make me feel like I haven't been here that long and make me feel that I still have forever to go before I could even begin to compare to them. *shrugs*

April 14th, 2010, 2:58 PM
I can't say that I feel like a noob. There are still a lot of people who don't know me, but after my years here (and although I have taken hiatuses), I feel like I know my way around here, and I don't feel like I've done something stupid very often either.

Then again, I've had experience with forums before this place, so it very much helped.

April 14th, 2010, 3:12 PM
Especially in the Prettiest Profile Contest.

But, i've been on a lot of forums, so i can manage posting and those kind of things.

April 14th, 2010, 3:14 PM
Of course not. I've been around PC since the very beginning (looking past my cumulative four years of leaves of absence). I have several friends in the upper staff, and even used to be a S-mod for however brief it was. XD

Sure, I may not have the most friends and this account makes me look a lot newer than I really am, but I do know my way around the community better than most people, and am more than willing to help the real newbies. XD

April 14th, 2010, 3:22 PM
I don't feel like I'm that much of a n00b anymore, since I've learned to mind the rules before taking any actions. Even though I've had two or three hiatuses, I've been an internet user for a few years (my join date should be somewhat of a clue in) and I know my way through websites quite easily. But there's definitely room for maturity in anyone, and I do have a tendency to be silly at times. This (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5610647&postcount=133)recent response to one of my posts is key example that I still have things to learn. :x

Captain Hobo.
April 14th, 2010, 3:32 PM
No I don't feel like one I have been here for almost a year now and have over 2,000 posts.

April 14th, 2010, 4:06 PM
I don't. The Community is too big for everyone to know everyone.

April 14th, 2010, 4:33 PM
I certainly don't feel like a n00b. I've been here for 5 years, and I was only on hiatus completely for about....a year and a half. The rest of my so called hiatuses never lasted longer than a month. (I must have amazing luck. xD)

But yeah, I've been here quite a while now...and I'm widely known despite my completely pitiful postcount. :D

How could I possibly feel like a n00b when I consider all of that?!

April 14th, 2010, 4:33 PM
Well, yes, but not as much as when I started.

I was SOO n00bie, when I jumped in a poll, the poll-choices jumped out. [/stupid joke]

Okami Chi
April 14th, 2010, 4:36 PM
Even though I haven't been here long I have spent enough time on other forums to not feel like a noob here. I don't better than anyone else, just average.

April 14th, 2010, 4:37 PM
Y'know, to be honest with you, there's always room and experience for certain individual growth. It really doesn't matter if you're a year old in this forum or if you're five or six years old like I am. Opportunities to become a better person and a better poster are always there. I don't think you can stop learning in anything; we'll constantly and will always learn something new. .__.;

And it's not really about feeling noobish either. It doesn't matter if you're a day-old person or a 4-year veteran, there are new opportunities to explore and new things to learn.

April 14th, 2010, 5:17 PM
I still feel like a new member: fresh and innocent.

Over my year here, I have felt that I have done many things to contribute to this forum. As I continued living my life here, I slowly realized that I didn't do much at all. I make many mistakes in my posts and responses. There are still time for improvement, hopefully.