PDA

View Full Version : Do you look like your parents?

Forever
April 14th, 2010, 09:58 PM
...Yeah, this thread is kind of directed at those who have parents, although other family members count. And if you don't have any relative that you know of, then whoever your guardian is. XD;

But yeah not necessarily everyone looks like their parents and I wondered who looked like theirs/other family members.

I um, used to look like my mother but now apparently I don't anymore, so yay.

Luck
April 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Well, I'm not middle aged, so I would assume that I don't, and I honestly hope that I don't.
Many people say I look like my brother, but I don't believe them at all.

zappyspiker
April 14th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Similar but still a lot different

Drew
April 14th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Dunno why it matters.. xD; but I've always been told I look like my dad, and my mom and I both agree that I look nothing like her.

Hiidoran
April 14th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I don't look a thing like either of my parents, actually. I've heard that remark from every one of my friends I've ever introduced to 'em, so I know it's not just me. :P My half-siblings on the other hand, are the spitting-image of my father, and yet you can somehow tell we're related. Funny that.

Even so, people are beginning to notice the similarities in the way my father and I act now that I'm kinda outta the kiddie pool. I spend a lot of my life away from the guy, and yet we're incredibly alike in so many ways.

Though... if a blood test hadn't said otherwise, I might have been inclined to think I was just a surprise they found on the front porch one morning. ^^

zmajevi
April 15th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Everybody says i look exactly as my dad but he has black-gray hair while i have dark brown.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 15th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Nope, I don't resemble my family members in the least.

Timbjerr
April 15th, 2010, 02:41 AM
People, especially my grandmother, are always fond of telling me that I look just like a thirty-years-younger version of my dad. Seriously, the only discernable difference between me and photos of him from the early eighties are eye color (I've got brown eyes and he's got hazel eyes)

But hey, that bodes well for future me. He's going past fifty now and he still looks quite young and rugged. XD

Morning Sun Espeon
April 15th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I look a LOT like my mom, even down to the same beauty mark on our face!

EmeraldSerenade
April 15th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Well, I look a lot like my mom, but when Im with my stepdad, we look nothing alike.

Yusshin
April 15th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Hm.

My dad: 5'10"; dark-brown hair; green eyes; overweight
---------- Athritis; hypothyroidism

My mom: 5'5"; dark-brown hair; green eyes; toothpick
---------- Hypothyroidism

Me: 5'4"; dark-blonde hair; blue eyes; pudgy
---------- Hypothyroidism

People say I have my father's eye shape and my mother's face's form. I see a mirror image when I look at my sister's face, though. Her eyes are green; her hair is brown, and she's a bit gothic. Her face looks like me, though :s

Talli
April 15th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Not really I look more like my grandfather though

poopnoodle
April 15th, 2010, 07:01 AM
i'm adopted, my foster mom is Filipino and i'm pretty much white so not at all. my foster dad and i had a lot of similar features though, brown hair and greyish-blueish-greenish eyes being prominent.

Binary
April 15th, 2010, 09:06 AM
When I was younger, yes, I used to resemble my dad in facial features. Over the years, I've started to look different from everyone in my family. I have a small resemblance with my dad though.

Honest
April 15th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I have similar traits with my mom. I got my handsome face from her pretty one. =P

My dad is the reason to the hell on my head. My wavy hair is beyond controllable. xD

Captain Hobo.
April 15th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Yes I do look like my parents. But, I look for like my mom than my dad.

Mattysaurus
April 15th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I love them. They do everything for me.

Lately, I've been learning to drive and my mom is giving me lessons. She hasn't yelled at me yet. Yeshhh! ;D

EDIT: OH! I thought it said 'Do you like your parents?'

I look more like my dad. I've been starting to get a mustache like his. Shavin' it though. ;D

MegaSlowBro.
April 15th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I look like a perfect mix between my parents, while my older brother looks like my dad, and my younger brother looks like my mom...XD

.hack
April 15th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Well I look like my dad but with my mums hair. Yah, I has kinda feminine hair (Long blonde).

thedestinedblade
April 15th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Well, my mom says I look exactly like my dad, but I really don't see it aside from the hair. :D Don't really look like my mother either.

Muffin™
April 15th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Meh, I look like one of my brothers and my mom, people say o_o

[They're soooooooooooooooooo wrong]

Yuoaman
April 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM
When I was young I looked a lot like my dad, now I've sort of settled into the midway point between the two, though I don't know where my hair came from. :\

Limey-chan
April 15th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I'd say I look more like my dad than my mum.

I've seen pictures of him at my age and we actually look quite similar.

Sammi
April 15th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I look like my mom. A lot. People can tell I'm her kid if I'm with her, that's for sure. D: I... don't even know if I look anything like my dad. He's kind of been dead for awhile, so yeah.

(I also inherited her bad habit of procrastinating, haha. And her musical tastes. Which can get weird sometimes.)

Cherrim
April 15th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Omg, once my mom and I were going through some old things and we found this old picture of my mom when she was about 14. (I was about the same age when we were doing this.) I swear to god, it looked just like a picture of me. If my hair had been straight instead of wavy, it really would've been me. I think I've diverged a bit but I definitely look like my mom.

I think people say I look like my dad, too, but I don't see it. :s

Eurydice
April 15th, 2010, 07:12 PM
everyone says i look like my mom. i dont think i do though.

Noah Ridgewood
April 15th, 2010, 07:53 PM
If I look like anyone, I think I look more like what my mom looked like.

I certainly hope I don't look like my dad. :<

Aurafire
April 15th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I'm a mix I guess...Some people say I look exactly like my dad, others say I look exactly like my mom. Personally I think I look a little more like my dad, but meh, each person sees it differently.

RivalGator
April 16th, 2010, 07:19 AM
My own mother told me that if I shaved my head and strapped on a dildo I would look identical to my father. So... I guess I look like my father. And a lot of my mothers friends say the same thing. ((And I'm seriously not trying to be innappropriate. That's REALLY what she said, lol.))

Tater Tot
April 16th, 2010, 08:42 AM
No. THANK. GOD.

I sort of have my own appearance. XD; When I look in a mirror, I never see any resemblance whatsoever. And no one ever comments, "OH YOU LOOK JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER!~~ ^-^ *huggles*" Which is good, because I don't want to look like any member of my family. At all. :[ I like being unique, plus the majority of my family is ugly. So there's a little hope in there that if I don't look like my parents, I'M NOT UGLY. :D

Code
April 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Me and my and my big sister look so much alike...people think we are twins. (Not identical twins, of course! XD)
And my little brother looks like me too, but not my sister. So I'm basically the middle man where I look like my sister and brother, but they don't look like each other. XD

And I don't want to look like my parents, no matter how clever and smart they are. XD
I look nothing like them-

★EP!K★
April 16th, 2010, 09:11 AM
No, I look nothing like my mother or father or any other relative for that matter. :P

Aureol
April 16th, 2010, 10:00 AM
No, I don't look like my parents, although I look like a brother.

Saltare.
April 16th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I'm like a twin to my aunt. It's scary...

I got my eyes and my hair from my Grandpa Eddie though.

I'm the only one in my family(that being me, my mom, dad, and brother) with light eyes and light hair.

So, to put it into simpler terms...

I look NOTHING like my parents.

Ash
April 17th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I look like my mom sometimes. Look nothing like my dad though.

( actually there was that one halloween when i look eerily like her almost exactly. it was a bit scary. xD )

MarstheCar
April 17th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I look more like my dad. It's annoying to be thought as a male because of this.

Jordan
April 17th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Incidentally, I do resemble my dad a great deal, with the most distinctive features being our eyes and hair. I don't physically resemble my mother, though I do have many of her habits and behaviors...minus the hardworking, good cook and being great at household chores part. :<

Toshiro.
April 17th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I've been told I like more like my father than my mother. I agree with them, we look a lot alike.

Venusaur's awsome
April 17th, 2010, 03:38 PM
yes my dad + my dad used 2 look like Bruce Lee