PDA

View Full Version : Done with my homework! Now to X out... no wait, I didn't save! NO!

Honest
April 15th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Simple enough, has the above situation ever happened to you?

It has to me twice. And twice, I stayed up till three in the morning to finish typing whatever it was that I was typing. xD

EmeraldSerenade
April 15th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I save everytime I finish a paragraph. I'm a smart cookie :P

shookie
April 15th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I'm very much a compulsive saver whenever I'm writing papers or doing a report. If you try to close a program without saving whatever you were working on, it reminds you that you have unsaved changes, which has definitely saved me a few times.
Losing power and, as a result, half of my paper, is a completely different story.

AuroraHearts
April 15th, 2010, 03:07 PM
ah the number of times thats happened to me,

i swear its either the laptop running out of charge before i save

or i retardly switch of the laptop using the off button thinking that ive already saved when i haven't (i can never be bothered to shut down properly coz i abuse my stuff like that then complain about it later XD)

or my friend thinks its funny just switching of my laptop while im in the middle of a paragraph
:S

MegaSlowBro.
April 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
It has happened to me...and I shall never let it happen again! >=D Nowadays, I save every chance I get, usually after a couple of sentences.

.hack
April 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
In tend to save a lot so it never happens to me =3

Eurydice
April 15th, 2010, 03:22 PM
its happened once a while ago. but ever since then i tend to save quite a bit.

Mattysaurus
April 15th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I just go with the flow of the paper, then when I'm done I automatically press Ctrl+S.

So, that has never happened to me. But it has happened to my friend who was right next to me. Provided some lulz. ;D

BHwolfgang
April 15th, 2010, 06:11 PM
I always save my work whenever I finish writing a paragraph or two. Unfortunately, there has been occasions where I finally finish with my work and just exit out of the word document.

Whenever it does happen, I would usually just give up.

Jordan
April 15th, 2010, 06:20 PM
My old computer teacher's constantly reminding the kids to save every few minutes still has a place in my subconscious. It does happen on occasion when I forget to save after hours of work, but luckily, those times are usually not related to schoolwork (ex. graphics).

Sammi
April 15th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I am a ctrl+s freak; old habit from writing so much (especially after that summer with the computer that'd randomly shut itself off!). Assignments or stories won't get completely lost if I forget to save. I might lose chunks of it, but the only reason I'd lose all of it is if I somehow deleted it.

...besides, chances are if I try to exit out, if I haven't saved recently, it'll ask me if I want to save. D; *shot*

Captain Hobo.
April 15th, 2010, 08:17 PM
No I do my homework on paper.

Vyro
April 15th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Meh. I don't know what kind of outdated crap you guys are using. Nowadays it asks you if you want to save before it closes.

RYOUKI
April 15th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I think my word has an auto-saved thingie. It happened to me once, I was doing my homework in 5th grade, then bam. Brown out. DD:

Anxiety.
April 15th, 2010, 10:55 PM
...Yes. Yes, that's happened to me.

That's all I'll say on the matter. It was a very sad day for me. T^T

Jesh
April 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM
It asks me if i'm sure I want to leave, then reminds me to save <3

zappyspiker
April 15th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Unfortunately yep, but my IT teacher is always telling us to save our work, it just kinda sticks

Talli
April 15th, 2010, 11:46 PM
not really happened to us pirate/ninja squirrels of the SSB, it might when Cecil goes to uni though

Ayselipera
April 16th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I either save a little bit as I go or when I click to exit out a little pop up will ask whether or not I'd like to save my changes. So I can't say this has happened to me. Fortunately of course.

Toshiro.
April 16th, 2010, 11:54 AM
It asks me if i'm sure I want to leave, then reminds me to save <3

Same here, so no. Thanks to this little warning sign that pops up :]

Cassino
April 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I think once... I'm not a person to moan at such situations, just do it again.