PDA

View Full Version : Would someone be kind enough to help?

jynx
November 15th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Thank you, and please!

I had download a bunch of Pokemon songs, and I've noticed that many of them contain the phrase "Babba bara bara!....."
Does anyone knows what does that mean?

Examples: Pichu Pika Swing, Maemuki Roketto Tan

Sayuri no Hoshi
November 16th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Well, I haven't heard either of those songs but I looked up the lyrics. And in the Roketto Dan song, it was spelled "Pappa para para! ..." As far as I know for the "para", Para-Para is a style of dance which is popular among the high school or college-aged girls. It's basically hand-waving and doing movements with your hands. I don't know if that answers your question really well at all; but, if they're fast songs or have a marching-like beat, then that might explain why they're exclaiming that and whatnot. Sorry if I wasn't much help, but I tried! ^_^;

punkie90
November 16th, 2003, 10:45 AM
thats a wierd kind of dance,y whould tey have in in pokemon. FOr PARTYS!!!

jynx
November 16th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Well, I haven't heard either of those songs but I looked up the lyrics. And in the Roketto Dan song, it was spelled "Pappa para para! ..." As far as I know for the "para", Para-Para is a style of dance which is popular among the high school or college-aged girls. It's basically hand-waving and doing movements with your hands. I don't know if that answers your question really well at all; but, if they're fast songs or have a marching-like beat, then that might explain why they're exclaiming that and whatnot. Sorry if I wasn't much help, but I tried! ^_^;
Maybe you are right.
Sometimes its really difficult to tell the difference between b and p.

punkie90
November 16th, 2003, 11:08 AM
well, its better unknown then known!

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 16th, 2003, 12:21 PM
I don't have them in the ones I download...
Maybe it's your selection jynx...

jynx
November 17th, 2003, 10:02 AM
I don't have them in the ones I download...
Maybe it's your selection jynx...
Download them NOW!!!
http://www.ashido.com/pokesongs.html

Sayuri no Hoshi
November 17th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Download them NOW!!!
http://www.ashido.com/pokesongs.html

w00t! That's where I get all of my Pokmon songs, too!

Porygon
November 17th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Curious does it have the English versions, completely unremixed, of the theme songs?

Sayuri no Hoshi
November 17th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Curious does it have the English versions, completely unremixed, of the theme songs?

Yeah, it has both Japanese and English theme songs and then some. And, I hope you mean the English as in English *dub* of the theme songs -- that would be a yes as to the versions you're looking for.

Porygon
November 17th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Me no speakey Englis!

That's my way of saying, wha? I don't understand what you mean by English *dub*.

Sayuri no Hoshi
November 17th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Me no speakey Englis!

That's my way of saying, wha? I don't understand what you mean by English *dub*.

dub - To provide (a motion-picture film or television) with a new sound track and especially dialogue in a different language.

There ya go, defined right out of Merriam-Webster's Dictionary! I was just making sure you wanted songs that were created by the dubbers of the English version of Pokmon; songs like "Misty's Song", "2 B A Master", and "Together Forever" and the like. Because, the Japanese do have a few songs they sang in English for the original Japanese version of the show. I hate how I get so technical with things lately..._. In short, if you want the English-American songs or Japanese songs, that site has everything...*sigh*

jynx
November 18th, 2003, 05:10 AM
Yeah, it has both Japanese and English theme songs and then some. And, I hope you mean the English as in English *dub* of the theme songs -- that would be a yes as to the versions you're looking for.

How come I can't download any US songs in that site?

Sayuri no Hoshi
November 18th, 2003, 11:20 AM
How come I can't download any US songs in that site?

*checks site...Sayuri's face faults* Okay, from what I can see now is that the U.S. selection is extremely limited. Sorry 'bout that. I haven't been to that site in a while. If all else fails, use KaZaA to search for the songs. ^_^

punkie90
November 18th, 2003, 04:18 PM
ya, i'm gunna download a song writ now!, tosee how good they are!