PDA

View Full Version : HG/SS: Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Toxic Potato
May 16th, 2010, 06:41 PM
ah, I didn't even know you could get it on Route 31. I'm pretty sure the encounter rate on 32 is a lot higher than 5%, though. :)

Lol, you can't get Poliwag on Route 32, and if it's with the Old Rod, it's always 5%.

yomamathecableguy
May 16th, 2010, 06:43 PM
CRAP, sorry, it's late. I completely meant to say Wooper. lmao Wooper has a 35% encounter rate on Route 32, plus it's a dual ground type making it that much more awesome, for those electric types at least.

.EJ
May 16th, 2010, 06:44 PM
@toxic potato: it takes determination to get that 1% pokemon. Snubbull is just as hard to get and I did it =D

yeah totopacman you can get wooper really early on and poliwag.

Toxic Potato
May 16th, 2010, 06:48 PM
@toxic potato: it takes determination to get that 1% pokemon. Snubbull is just as hard to get and I did it =D

Well, yeah, I toughed out the 5% chance of Poliwag, so I think I could live through the 1% of Dunsparce.

DreJ1212
May 16th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Just got the 3rd Badge.

-Went into Ilex Forest. Found someone who lost 2 Farfetch'd.
-Found his Farfetch'd, had to sneak up behind them because they like to run when they see me for some reason.
-Returned the Farfetch'd and received HM 1, Cut.
-Taught cut to totodile and cut the tree in front of me.
-Went through the rest of the forest, helping a Kimono girl on my way out.
-Battled trainers on Route 34, put magikarp in day care.
-Reached goldenrod city and went to the game corner.
-Played Voltorb Flip for a long time until I got 2100 coins, then bought Dratini.
-Got the bike from the bike shop.
-Trained Dratini in the Goldenrod Underground. Dragon rage is so awesome at lower levels.
-Went back to the daycare to check on Magikarp, who was level 19 at the time, perfect. Put totodile in day care so he can evolve into a better HM slave later on.
-Went into the Radio tower and took the quiz to get the radio card. Whitney just happened to be there and returned to her gym.
-Beat the trainers in the gym. Magikarp evolved into a BEAST. Gyarados has better stats than all of my pokemon.
-Confronted a jealous Whitney.

Gym Battle:
-Easily took care of Clefairy with Zubat.
-Whitney sends out Miltank, who cant use attract on Zubat, since they are both female.
-Miltank stilll gets an easy KO on Zubat with flinch hax from stomp.
-I send out Dratini, who gets hit with attract.
-Dratini resists the cow's charms, and dragon rages twice for the easy win.
-Whitney cries for a bit, I walked away because I felt bad, but a trainer told me to go back there and get that badge.
-I go back and Whitney hands me the Plain Badge. I exit the gym and head toward route 35.

Current party

Pidgeotto Lvl 21
-Whirlwind
-Sand Attack
-Gust
-Quick Attack

Zubat Lvl 20
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Astonish
-Bite

Gyarados Lvl 20
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite

Dratini Lvl 20
-Leer
-Thunder Wave
-Twister
-Dragon Rage

TotoPacMan
May 16th, 2010, 06:54 PM

Hmmmm..... alright then. Just gotta trade over all the old guys (i'll miss the old assorted flying things) to my HG (the hub of games past, including the Bug Champ team),and i'll start.

and to people who make banners: can i pretty please have a Flying Monotype champion banner? pleeeeeaaaaase?

.EJ
May 16th, 2010, 07:05 PM
5% is a lot different than 1% Believe you me....

Toxic Potato
May 16th, 2010, 07:20 PM
5% is a lot different than 1% Believe you me....

I wouldn't begin to doubt you for a second on that. :S

In other news, HAPPY DAY. I found my DS, so playing through this will be a lot less painless. I am still doing Normal, but will have another save for the Steel one, once I get to that. (I'm using a flash card, so I can use multiple .sav files, obviously.)

emoxy
May 16th, 2010, 07:26 PM
YEAH DUNSPARCE IS AWESOME. HEADBUTT FLINCHES 100% OF THE TIME.

Never met a Snubbull before.. :( Poliwag wasn't so hard to find though.

Toxic Potato
May 16th, 2010, 07:49 PM
YEAH DUNSPARCE IS AWESOME. HEADBUTT FLINCHES 100% OF THE TIME.

Never met a Snubbull before.. :( Poliwag wasn't so hard to find though.

60%.*

But yeah, I'm gonna start tomorrow. Too lazy to do it today. :l

emoxy
May 16th, 2010, 08:28 PM
60%.*

But yeah, I'm gonna start tomorrow. Too lazy to do it today. :l

Haha I mean it feels like 100%. Paraflinch Dunsparce is seriously gay.
On the other hand, Glare feels like 50%.

Toxic Potato
May 16th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Haha I mean it feels like 100%. Paraflinch Dunsparce is seriously gay.
On the other hand, Glare feels like 50%.

Then apparently you've never come across a parafusionflinch (:l) Dunsparce.

Water Pulse, Glare, Headbutt.

I just shudder thinking about the fact that the one receiving damage will have like a 1% chance of actually attacking.

emoxy
May 16th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Then apparently you've never come across a parafusionflinch (:l) Dunsparce.

Water Pulse, Glare, Headbutt.

I just shudder thinking about the fact that the one receiving damage will have like a 1% chance of actually attacking.

Haha! Never thought about water pulse. I used to use Rock Smash, which pretty much makes sures everything's a 2-3HKO.

TrilbyMenetti
May 16th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I've decided that I'm going to give myself a real hard challenge on my currently unused SoulSilver cartridge and go with a Monotype Grass team, which I believe will have the most trouble. Plus, I didn't use any Grass types on my main HeartGold team, so it'll be refreshing to use this type again.

My team will be (and I apologise if it's similar to anyone else's):

Meganium (Grass)
Victreebell (Grass/Poison)
Vileplume (Grass/Poison)
Bellossom (Grass)
Sunflora (Grass)
Tangrowth (Grass)

I don't know when I'll start, probably tonight, but who knows. I'm looking forward to doing it though.

Toxic Potato
May 16th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Haha! Never thought about water pulse. I used to use Rock Smash, which pretty much makes sures everything's a 2-3HKO.

And now, I believe I've found a moveset for my Dunsparce. :P

Melvern
May 16th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Sorry guys for not updating for so long >.<
Cause i have a barrage of exams to do.(you know the exams For passing 6th grade)
It should be close to holiday so i could play.

Toxic Potato
May 16th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry guys for not updating for so long >.<
Cause i have a barrage of exams to do.(you know the exams For passing 6th grade)
It should be close to holiday so i could play.

I know the pain. I hate exams. Fortunately, I've finished mine, but hey, if you're allowed to, play the game after you've completed the test, if you have enough time. :P That's what I did during my Fighting run.

Sweed
May 17th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Throwin' in another quick update here.
Nothing new really, I think I'm going to grind until level 45 until I try the League again.

Here's my planned match up for Will:
Xatu #1 vs. Golem - Rock Throw
Jynx vs. Quagsire - Put in a Surf and/or EQ or two and STAB should kill it...
Exeggutor vs. ??? - He's what killed me, Quag being my ace and 4x weak to Grass moves.. dunno what to hit him with
Slowbro vs. Quag - EQ/Surf it before it gets too many Curses up
Xatu #2 vs. Golem - Rock Throw again.

Also, Golem is my last chance sacrifice. He has Explosion.

Any tips?

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/33/195.png Flounder/Quagsire @ Amulet Coin
Female/lvl. 44
- Surf
- Amnesia
- Yawn
- Earthquake

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7d/034.png
Dune/Nidoking @ Quick Claw
Male/lvl. 42
- Horn Attack
- Rock Smash
- Toxic Spikes
- Iron Tail

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e6/076.png
Grimwald/Golem @ Hard Stone
Male/lvl. 42
- Tackle
- Earthquake
- Rock Throw
- Self Destruct

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/21/221.png
Manny/Piloswine @ NeverMeltIce
Male/lvl. 39
- Powder Snow
- Icy Wind
- Strength
- Mud Bomb

emoxy
May 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
And now, I believe I've found a moveset for my Dunsparce. :P

Try Iron Tail too, much higher power, but only 60% defense decrease, and 75% accuracy. Depends on the circumstances I must say.

[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2][INDENT]Throwin' in another quick update here.
Nothing new really, I think I'm going to grind until level 45 until I try the League again.

Here's my planned match up for Will:
Xatu #1 vs. Golem - Rock Throw
Jynx vs. Quagsire - Put in a Surf and/or EQ or two and STAB should kill it...
Exeggutor vs. ??? - He's what killed me, Quag being my ace and 4x weak to Grass moves.. dunno what to hit him with
Slowbro vs. Quag - EQ/Surf it before it gets too many Curses up
Xatu #2 vs. Golem - Rock Throw again.

Also, Golem is my last chance sacrifice. He has Explosion.

Any tips?

Better make sure that your Golem don't get OHKO-ed by Psychic.. Or you can grind till Level 49 to get Stone Edge, which pretty much ensures a OHKO for flying units (assuming you don't die of course).

You might need to set up some Amnesias for your Quagsire.

Megahorn would own Exeggutor, but Nidoking only learns it at Level 50+. Might want to try a STABed Sludge Bomb on Nidoking, or Blizzard on Piloswine.

And I just finished my performance! Super tired, but will play a while.

Athprim
May 17th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Update Numero Uno!

Will be starting this evening. Still deciding on names and such.

Friend let me borrow his DS to do the necessary trading.

Starter = Totodile

Won't be able to update as often as i thought. Someone spilled iced tea on my laptop over the weekend so i will only be able to update when i can get to my desktop.

.EJ
May 17th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Hey sweed you know what's a good idea?

EVOLVING PILOSWINE YUUAAAAAAA.

DreJ1212
May 17th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Just beat Morty and somehow found Yanma.

-Beat the trainers in Route 35 and took a stroll through the National Park... while beating more trainers.
-Went back to route 35 to train a bit, but my real goal was to find a Yanma, which has a 1% chance of appearing. After about 2 hours, I FINALLY found one. It also has compound eyes, which later turns into tinted lins. Sweet!
-Beat the trainers on route 36. Zubat Evolves into Golbat.
-Arrived in Ecruteak City
-Went inside the Tin tower and confronted my Rival. Very quick battle. Golbat Evolves into Crobat. Went downstairs and released the legendary trio afterwards.
-Went into the gym, Easily defeated the trainers
-Confronted Morty, not much to say here. Gyarados and Crobat dominated with Bite.

Current party:

Pidgeotto Lvl 24
-Twister
-Sand Attack
-Gust
-Quick Attack

Crobat Lvl 24
-Wing Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Astonish(most likely will be replaced with cross poison)
-Bite

Gyarados Lvl 24
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite
-Dragon Rage

Dratini Lvl 23
-Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Twister
-Dragon Rage

Yanma lvl 20(has compound eyes, which will turn into tinted lens. I think thats more helpful than speed boost.)
-Detect
-Foresight
-Quick Attack
-SonicBoom

Legendarian Mistress
May 17th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Yo EJ, I've restarted my Normal type challenge. However, I won't post anything today, mainly because I wanna get the levels of my Pokemon up. Hope that's okay with you.

TrilbyMenetti
May 17th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I started it late tonight and it's now 1:15 in the morning, which means I should get to bed, but not before a lengthy first part:

Part I - And Now For Something Completely Different

I started my adventure, as per usual with dreams of becoming the greatest Grass trainer ever. With only one starter in mind, I go out and get him from the friendly neighbourhood professor, Elm (what is with Pokemon professors and tree names?) So with my male Chikorita, Chico, I begin my journey, even with irritating Lyra (worst. character. ever.), a grumpy rival, an obviously bored mother at home and Elm interrupting me as well as his aid.

So on my way to complete the Mr Pokemon (poor guy must've got bullied at school) sidequest, not to mention meeting Professor Oak, I train up Chicko slowly. In time, he does become more powerful and he's at a healthy and respectable level eight when the grumpy rival decides to battle me with his starter (I can already sense troubles in the future with it later on in the game). I beat him easily without worrying and return to Elm having a panic attack.

The policeman thought I was responsible (dick, he was okay in the original games), but Lyra saves me and I'm embarrassed and annoyed, yet thankful she told them I was a good boy. I name the rival, Silver, because I couldn't think of anything else, give Elm the Mystery Egg and move on. Of course, not without saying goodbye to mother first, which would be harsh and I have her save me money.

Lyra gives a pointless tutorial on catching Pokemon (stupid ***** and her obsessive jumping and stupid Marill) and we move on.

Nothing much happens apart from beating some trainers, catching a female Bellsprout (nicknamed Gynoecious), raising it and Chico in preperation for the Sprout Tower. Not too hard, just tedious.

After doing that, I decided to evolve Chico, before I took on the Gym Leader and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Once evolved, I took my two team members to battle Falkner. Despite worrying about the type disadvantage, it was fine and I won easily.

So, as of now:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/153.png
Chico the Bayleef
Lv. 16

- Tackle
- Synthesis
- Razor Leaf
- Poison Powder
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/69.png
Gynoecious the Bellsprout
Lv. 12

- Vine Whip
- Growth
- Wrap
- N/A

Athprim
May 17th, 2010, 04:33 PM
SO, now that I'm finally ready to start, I figured another update was in order!

-Woke up abruptly, realizing I had slept in. That's actually a really bad habit of mine.

-Went down stairs, and my mom ambushed me with the basics for adventuring. (I was hoping for some pancakes, but to my dismay she had already cleaned everything from breakfast.)

-Walked outside, and was bowled over by my friend Lyra's Marill. I swear, if this becomes a habit..........

-Finished my walk to Prof. Elm's lab, where he told me about his silly little errand. I would have told him no, but when he offered me a free Pokemon as payment, I simply couldn't pass it up.

-Left the lab with my newly aquired Totodile, which I nicknamed Chomper.

-Walked to Cherrygrove City. I was immediately bombarded by some nameless old man. He asked me to follow him, and took off running. I however lacked the motivation to do so, and he had to come back to get me.

-After showing me around the city, he also game me Running Shoes! I guess I'll be getting in shape on my way to Mr. Pokemon's House.

-Made it to Mr. Pokemon's house. Was given the "mystery egg", told to rest, and then given my Pokedex by Prof. Oak. Okay, now seriously, who ever gets this thing checked anyways?

-Went to leave, only to get a call from Prof. Elm. Apparently someone stole one of his Pokemon. Thank god I got mine before this happened. I got the pick of the litter.

-Ran back to Cherrygrove, only to be stopped by this really nasty guy with red hair. I think he might have some Daddy issues. I laid waist to said trainer's Pokemon and headed back to NBT.

-Wait, did that cop just accuse me of stealing a Pokemon? I really should get out my nine and cap that MFer, but Lyra just had to come in and stop me. -sigh-

-After giving the cop a completely made up name (silver), I gave the Prof. the egg and went about my business.

-Crap. Not her again. Was taught how to catch Pokemon by Lyra. As if I couldn't figure that out through common sense.

-Went to Cherrygrove and traded my eggs in. Ran around in random circles til they hatched. Gave Nicknames. See below.

Current Team
-------------
Skipper/Piplup Lv.2
Relaxed Nature
Quick Tempered
Attacks - Pound

Mr. T/Riolu Lv.1
Bashful Nature
Sturdy Body
Attacks - Quick Attack, Forsight, Endure, Iron Tail

Chomper/Totodile Lv.7 (HMSLAVE)
Bashful Nature
Likes to Run
Attacks - Scratch, Leer, Water Gun

Will update when done playing for the night also.

Toxic Potato
May 17th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Didn't play today, due to a school project. This'll probably be the case all week, so yeah. :P

Cardwell74
May 17th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Update #1
-Named myself Jacob and my rival Ron
-Started with Cyndaquil
-Did all the pointless boring stuff we've all been doing for 10 years
-Headed for Violet City, caught a bellsprout for cut
-Cyndaquil evolved in the Sprout Tower
-beat the Elder and got TM70
-Beat Faulkner
-Headed through Union Cave
-Beat the Rockets out of the Slowpoke Well
-Beat Ron before going in the gym
-Beat the gym with ease
Current Team:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/43/156.png
Quilava (lvl 24)
-Quick Attack
-Flame Wheel
-Smoke Screen
-Ember

.EJ
May 17th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Didn't play today, due to a school project. This'll probably be the case all week, so yeah. :P

Same for me bro...I've been busy as well...

Don't worry about it.

eveelution
May 17th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Username: Eveelution
Type: Psychic
Version: HeartGold

I'm not grounded anymore! I've also decided to trade in either a Beldum or a Bronzor egg. (Not sure which one yet.)

emoxy
May 17th, 2010, 10:31 PM
- So Redhair lost to 'mere Kimono Girls'..
- "But I'm not going back. I don't want to see you win." Hah! He thinks I'm stronger after all.
- I got completely thrashed by Flareon. I really do have problem with FIRE, after all.
- Caught a SHINY Gastly when I was EV Grinding in the Sprout Tower! The very first shiny I've seen in DS games.
- After a little bit of levelling, Pipp finally managed to get faster than Jolteon/Espeon, and single handedly thrashed the Kimono Girls with Sleep Powder/Bug Buzz. :)

- Onto Ho-oh!
- Bell Tower wasn't too hard. Now I'm scared I'll get burned to ash by Ho-oh.
- Ho-oh: Shaoooh!!!!
- Pipp and Razor sacrificed to tank Sacred Fires :( But I managed to Pokeball it after it decided to Extrasensory my Fortress a couple of times. :)

- INDIGO PLATEAU HERE I COME!
- Blah blah blah, Pipp made short work of the trainers.
- Victory Road is good training place for Razor.
- Redhair attempts to crush me.

Taking on the Pokemon League. (Triospecies, lol.)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/12.png
Pipp
Level 49 Docile Butterfree
130/60/73/120/89/106
Compoundeyes
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Shadow Ball
- Psybeam (no Psychic TM -.-)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/205.png
Fortress
Level 45 Lonely Forretress
134/121/125/72/70/48
- Bug Bite
- Payback
- Giga Drain
- Mirror Shot

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/47.png
Razor
Level 47 Relaxed Parasect
130/133/99/74/96/38
- Slash (Return maybe?)
- Giga Drain
- Dig
- Spore

-----------------------------------------------------

Update #6

- Will was surprisingly easy.
Forretress
Xatu: Payback OHKO
Jynx: Payback OHKO
Exeggutor: Payback + Bug Bite 2HKO
Slowbro: A few Giga Drains + Bug Bite
Xatu: Payback OHKO

- Koga:
Ariados: A few Psybeams from Pipp.
Crobat: 3 Paybacks from Fortress.
Forretress: 2 Bug Buzz + Shadow Ball from Pipp.
Venomoth: Sleep first! Psybeams.
Muk: Wanted to Spore it using Razor, and Gunk Shot OHKO-ed me. :( Psybeams from Pipp.

Revive x1 used on Razor.
Hyper Potion x3 used on everyone.

- Bruno:
Hitmontop: Spore, and got Countered and Quick Attacked to death. Gosh. Forretress Mirror Shot it to red, then used the healing opportunity to Revive Razor. Razor tanked Dig like nobody's business (4x resist ground!!!) and Slashed it to death.
Onix: Rock Slide nearly fainted me omg. Giga Drain free heal :)
HITMONLEE HAS BLAZE KICK WTF, OHKO RAZOR.
Psybeam, you tard.
Thinking that Hitmonchan possibly has Fire Punch, I kept Pipp on the field to do the usual Sleep Powder thrashing on it.
Sent Fortress against Machamp.
Maybe it's a bad choice after all. Yeah, it's totally a bad choice. A wrong button made me lose (forgot to Sleep it first). GOSH.

Gonna retry like, now.

Karen was a ***** to take down.
- Umbreon: 2 Bug Bites from Fortress.
- HOUNDOOM. Switched to Pipp, Sleep Powder, but woke up in 1 turn to kill me with Flamethrower, left with orange health. Sent out Fortress to tank while reviving Pipp, then killed it with Bug Buzz.
- Murkrow: Sent Razor to tank while reviving Fortress, got OHKOed by Pluck. Bug Bite owned it thereafter.
- Gengar: Sent out Pipp.
"Gengar used Focus Blast!"
"It's not very effective.." - 7 damage. Power.
Spite reduced my Sleep Powder PP to 0! ****.
Got Destiny Bonded by it, however.
- Vileplume: Petal Danced my Fortress for 14 damage? Bug Bites pawned.

NOW FOR THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE.
Elixir used on Pipp for use of Sleep Powder. VERY IMPORTANT.

First Attempt: Gyarados had 1 turn sleeps for 4 consecutive Sleep Powder attempts. = fail.

Second Attempt:
- Gyarados: Why does he wake up SO EARLY?
- Aerodactyl and Charizard got owned by Mirror Shot and Sleep + Ball, respectively.
- Pipp got Outraged to heaven, but Fortress won't let up so easily with its monstrous defense! Revive is priority.
- OMG CRITICAL HIT! Fortress is left with. ONE. HP.
- I am down to 3 hyper potions.
- Dragonite Fire Blasted the rest of my Pokes to death.

Third Attempt:
- Similar attempts for the first 3 pokes.
- DRAGONITES. WHY WASN'T I DOING A DRAGON CHALLENGE?
- Dragon Rush = bye.

nth Attempt: I GIVE UP. TIME TO GRIND.

Athprim
May 18th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Well that's kinda embarassing. I guess I passed out playing last night. ^_^'

Anyways, last night I made my way to Violet City, grinded through sprout tower, and then (after 4 tries, Pidgeotto is such a BWord) beat Falkner.

Continued to Azela, battling trainers along the way. Caught my Onix in Union Cave.

Went through the Slowpoke well with relative ease.

Onix totally annihilated Bugsy. Rival was way easier than I thought he would be.

Current Team
-------------
Skipper/Prinplup (Lv. 18)
54/32/33/35/32/22
Peck
Growl
Bubble
Metal Claw

Mr. T/Riolu (Lv. 19)
44/37/26/23/21/30
Reversal
Force Palm
Iron Tail
Feint

SolidSnake/Onix (Lv.16)
40/20/60/15/22/30
Tackle
Rock Tomb
Rock Throw
Screech

emoxy
May 18th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Grinded all to Level 50.

Elite Four Updates:
- Every single Pokemon Lance owns is a pain; due to them all being flying type, Bug attacks would never connect, and all of them are capable of instagibbing bugs:
Gyarados: Ice Fang
Charizard: Fire Blast/Air Slash
Aerodactyl: Aerial Ace/Rock Slide
Dragonites: Outrage/Fire Blast

I had to SPAM heals and revives, and even use PP Ups and Elixirs.

My main tactic was simple; Sleep Powder and Shadow Ball spams, hoping for some SpDef decrease. Gyarados, Charizard and most Dragonites died this way; sometimes I swapped in for Fortress to Gyro Ball for some damage. Fortress managed to OHKO Aerodactyl with Gyro Ball :)

Razor was basically useless in this battle; he gets instagibbed by every single Pokemon of Lance's even though his defenses aren't too shabby. Guess Grass/Bug typing is really bad in E4 (other than the 4x Ground resistance, of course); I really really seldom used it.

I forgot to deposit my HM Slaves -.- But I did not use them to tank any attacks in my battle against the Elite Four, I swear.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/7.png

FIRST STOP AFTER E4:

Flew to Olivine, got National Dex, flew to Cianwood, and started smashing rocks.
- CLAW FOSSIL! WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.
- Okay, time to get up the ship.
- .. Stupid girl running around.

- First stop @ Kanto: Psychic TM. I've been waiting for so long. Taught it to Pipp immediately.
- As I'm desperate for Anorith, I decided to immediately go to Power Plant.
- (Thrashing trainers along the way.)
- I miss getting zapped by ZAP CANNON, not Charge Beam. Haha.
- It appears that a shady character has been loitering around!
- Got bumped by this retard in Cerulean Gym.
- "Oh no! You seen me already!"
- This guy's grammar always doesn't fail to amuse me.
- "But! If win you do versus me, a man I be and mine secret to you tell. You understand? Battle begin we do!"
- Okay, thrash you I will.
- "I my country go home."

- Gosh, Razor is getting pawned by random Flamethrowers here and there. (Dry Skin isn't helping.)
- And my PokeGear is upgraded :)

- Caught Snorlax in 1 try!

- Went through Diglett's cave, and spent the next 15 minutes saving and reloading to get a good nature Anorith. -.- I ended up getting +Def -Speed. Named it ROCKER!!
- EV grinding with Macho Brace + Pokerus is a breeze - in 15 minutes with speedup from emulator I got 252 Attack, and in another 15 minutes I got 252 HP. Sweet.
- Brought it to level up through trainer battles, and went to Lt. Surge's gym.
- Poor Pipp got shock waved to death as it's not fast enough. :( Razor took care of the rest, though :)

I am really progressing rather fast, I guess. Took me the whole day for Elite Four, though.
Looking back, the few most important skills that I have are:
- Sleep Powder/Spore: Core of my bug team. Without it, frail bugs die. And Compoundeyes really helps a lot (91%!).
- Shadow Ball: Taught it for Dragon Gym, and it really helps as Bug Buzz has many resistances, and Psybeam lacks power.
- Payback: Now this was totally unexpected; it allowed me to thrash Will at will (lol), and acts as a powerful attack (Iron Ball on Fortress = 100 base power almost always).
- Dry Skin (ability): Could be utilized more, but it's hard to anticipate attacks.

Pokemon:

Pipp
Level 53 Docile Butterfree
139/65/79/129/96/115
Compoundeyes
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Fortress
Level 55 Lonely Forretress
156/143/153/83/82/56
Sturdy
- Bug Bite
- Payback
- Giga Drain
- Gyro Ball

Razor
Level 55 Relaxed Parasect
150/156/116/85/111/44
Dry Skin
- Return
- Giga Drain
- X-Scissor
- Spore

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/347.png
Rocker
Level 29 Impish Anorith
92/80/45/28/40/52
Battle Armor
- Headbutt
- Protect
- Water Gun
- Metal Claw

I'm considering Ninjask/Yanmega as a 5th.

DreJ1212
May 18th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Backtracking time

-Went east to Route 42 to aquire strength.
-Started to backtrack to many areas now that I have surf.
-I surfed on route 34 and found a hidden area with 3 sisters. They were actually pretty tough to beat.
-Found a rare candy and gave it to Totodile. He evolved and I taught him strength.
-Explored Union Cave a bit more now that I have surf and strength. Fought a few trainers inside. Somehow ended up back in the ruins of alph a few times.
-Explored Slowpoke Well a bit more.
-Went back to route 38 and battled more trainers.
-Arrived at route 39 and saved a sick Miltank by feeding him Oran berries.
-Arrived in Olivine City. I was greeted by Silver, who told me that the gym leader wasn't in the gym, and was tending to a sick pokemon in the lighthouse.
-Went into the lighthouse and battled my way to the top. Lots of trainers here.
-Met Jasmine at the top. She asked me to get Medicine from Cianwood City. I went down the evevator and exited. Headed to route 40...

Current Party

Pidgeotto Lvl 27
-Twister
-Sand Attack
-Gust
-Quick Attack

Crobat Lvl 27
-Wing Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Astonish
-Bite

Gyarados Lvl 27
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite
-Dragon Rage

Dratini Lvl 26
-Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Twister
-Dragon Rage

Yanma lvl 26
-Shadow Ball
-SuperSonic
-Quick Attack
-SonicBoom

Croconaw
Hm Slave

Kurumi
May 18th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I can't think about grinding... I am so close to end this,but grinding? @__@ Yeah I know I can get SOME levels on rematches butbut... @___@ I am completly stopped...

.EJ
May 18th, 2010, 11:58 AM
What's your progress, kurumi?

TotoPacMan
May 18th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Started the new playthrough.

-Wow, a new adventure! I completely don't know what's going to happen next! T____T
-Picked a girl (for the lulz) and named myself Suzzana (no meaning)
-Chose Totodile (noooo crap) named TotoPacman. It's a girl too. gonna rename TotoPacgal at Goldenrod.
-All these lazy professors... do they ever do ANYTHING?!?!? jeez....
-There's someone named Mr.Pokemon? Really?
-Wow this red headed kid's a jerk. Feel the power of my KILLER CROC!
-Because i have a Lv.7 Totodile, that kid got owned.
-Stupid Cops being.... stupid :pink_pissed:
-Named the rival Failure.
-lot's of stuff, got to Violet City.
-Caught a Wooper! Named Quagsy for evolution.
-trained in Sprout Tower
-I love having Flash as a TM now.
-Falkner sucks. really, who uses roost that much :/
-Suzzana obtained Whatever that badge is and TM 51 Roost!
-Wheeeee... so happy! beating the tar out of everyone down two routes.
-Obtained the Old Rod!
-Caught Magikarp! Named el Fish till evolution. :)
-Trained through Union Cave.
-Azelea Town! YAY!!! first up, Slowpoke well! SLOWPOKE YAY!
-who to evolve into... Slowbro or Slowking? You decide! ....Please?

.EJ
May 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Quaggy is another good nickname for a Quagsire =]

Slowbro=High Defense
Slowking=High Special Defense

The other stats are identical.

polkop
May 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Update on my Mono-Psychic challenge:
- I start the challenge
- I choose Totodile
- I battle every pokemon one by one, but no trainer
- I battle the Sprout tower
- I beat Falkner easily
- Totodile evolve into Croconaw(without having battle any traineer)
- I go to the Slowpoke well and catch a Slowpoke (My first psychic pokemon)
- I beat Bugsy
- I heading Goldenrod city and will play the voltorb flip until I have enough coin to get an Abra
- I finally get 200 coins to get Abra
- I caugth a Drowzee
- After some headbutt, I caugth an Exeggcute

Legendarian Mistress
May 18th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Username: Legendarian Mistress
Version: Heart Gold
Type: Bug
Team: Butterfree, Parasect, Forretress... dunno what else. I'll think of something.

Update:

— Started game
— Chose male character, named self Benny
— Chose a Totodile, nicknamed Croc
— Got the PokéGear and changed the theme to the fifth background
— Got Professor Elm's number.
— "Croc doesn't seem used to its own name yet." Seriously, it is a male Pokémon, so they should call them by gender, not it
— Let’s go into the wild beyond, huh Croc?

TEAM:

http://pokesplash.net/pokedex-hgss/158-Totodile

Croc/Totodile
Male/level 5
— Scratch
— Leer

Update # 2:

— Got the Running Shoes and Map Card from the old guy in Cherrygrove
— By the time I reached Mr. Pokémon’s house, Croc was at level 7
— Obtained the Mystery/Togepi Egg that I have to return to Professor Elm. Just WHY do I have to return it? Why can’t I hatch it myself, without a researcher interfering?
— I exit Mr. Pokémon’s house, get a call from aforementioned Professor about Giovanni’s son stealing Chikorita, says I have to come back immediately
— So I make the journey back to Cherrygrove where I heal and then get assaulted by the former TR Leader’s son
— Beat the crap outta him, proceed onto New Bark Town where I hand the Egg over to Professor Elm (against my will, mind you)
— I go home and decline mum’s offer to save my money
— Then I head west to Route 29 where I have Lyra shove a “How to catch Pokémon” lesson up my butt
— Onto Route 30 where I can FINALLY catch myself a female Caterpie!!
— Searched for a female Caterpie, ending up finding one at level 3!! Nicknamed her Leena
— Returned to Cherrygrove to heal. Nurse Joy asked me if I would like her to heal my partners... I’m like “Yeah, what do you think I’m here for?!” She heals SS and Croc. Will now go back to Route 30 to grind till Leena evolves into Butterfree

TEAM:

http://pokesplash.net/pokedex-hgss/10-Caterpie

Leena/Caterpie (Lonely nature)
Female/level 3
— Tackle
— String Shot

yomamathecableguy
May 18th, 2010, 03:56 PM
[css-div=background-color:black;]Continuing my challenge again tonight, because I'm now done with school completely. ^_^ Just an update.. hoping to have Cyndaquil completely EV trained by the end of the night.[/css-div]

Toxic Potato
May 18th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Officially starting the Mono-Normal challenge.

-Started game and named myself MnoNorm, due to lack of creativity.
-Woke up in my house, only to be given menu icons by my mother, which makes perfect sense.
-Left my house to be greeted by the lying *****'s Marill, who apparently can reverse it's own evolution at will.
-Chose Totodile and named it SLAAAAAAVE, because I felt like taking up all the spaces.
-Showed my mom, who, again, gave me a menu icon. Alright, it's my Pokegear, but still, there's an icon for that.
-Headed past Route whatever, to reach Cherrygrove. I was then confronted by a speedy old man, who, at the end of his tour, gave me some Running Shoes which I won't use, and a map card, which I also won't use.
-Continued up Route whatever to find Mr Pokemons' house.
-I greeted Mr Pokemon. Or rather, he greeted me, gave me an egg, and Professor Oak gave me a Pokedex, yet another thing I won't use.
-I then got a frantic call from Elm, who said to return to the lab. OK.
-On my way back to Elms lab, I ran across some guy with red hair, who looks suspiciously like Commander Mars and Roark... >.>
-I laid waste to him, and continued back to Elms lab.
-Oh nowes, a Pokeman has been stolen.
-Named my Rival Simmnof, like last time. (No meaning, I just typed random letters in last time, and that's what I got.)
-Was taught how to catch Pokemon, blah blah blah.
-Caught a Pidgey named Air. How creative.
-I fought and defeated Joey. I also took his number, because his Rattata is in the top percentile Rattata.

There, I started, and now I must quit for the day. Bye. :P

TotoPacMan
May 18th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Well, el Fish got scrapped. levels up soooo slow. cannot decide what to evo Pokey the slowpoke into :/ Dark type atks are more physical while electric is more special. grass and bug are a bit of both. decisions, decisions....

-Pokey can't run from anything! Training is so hard...
-beat team rocket like a dusty rug. :)
-while training to fight Buggsy (that scyther...), found Tm 39 rock tomb!
-Taught that to Toto. :D
-Can't wait to fight Buggsy... bug/flying fails to rock:cool:

small update, i know. thinking about what the full team will be...
Definitly:Feraligater, Slow___, Quagsire
Thinking about: Corsola, Poliwrath/Politoad, Seaking, Golduck, Starmie, Cloyster, Dewgong, Octillery, Lanturn, Vaporeon, Kingdra, Lapras, Fossil Pokes

I'm Bad at decisions.T_T Any helpful suggestions?

yomamathecableguy
May 18th, 2010, 05:42 PM
@TotoPacMan - Might I suggest that you definitely include Cloyster in your team? It will be a huge help for Elite Four Will, Elite Four Koga, and Lance. Plus, it has an AMAZING defense statistic. I'd definitely put a Cloyster in there and EV train in Defense and Special Attack, and put the extras in HP.

But it's up to you. :)

TotoPacMan
May 18th, 2010, 06:52 PM
@yomamathecableguy: I guess that should work. but two defenders would really cramp my style. i kinda do the whole "get out there and kill it NOW" strategy. being at goldenrod, I'm thinking (for a 6th) about Vaporeon. maybe Starmie? i heard good ones are annoying as hell.

-Rival battle! Ghastly went down easy, as did Zubat. was beaten like 4 times because he has a Bayleef. Thankfully, the newly evolved Crocnaw got a lucky critical Bite and... yeah.
-Buggsy went down like a sack of bricks. one rock tomb... ONE crit rock tomb took out Scyther. Let Pokey handle the rest.
-Why is this kid so stupid? GO GET THEM YOURSELF AND DO YOUR JOB, SLACKER!
-killed my way through Ilex Forest, caught Cuttero the oddish for a cut slave.
-more death and destruction. the killer croc strikes again!
-can't beat Whitney. Damn milk drink....
-currently training to kill her....>_<

Pokey Lv.16
Confusion
Yawn
Headbutt
Water Gun

Quagsy Lv.18
Water Gun
Slam
Mud Sport
Mud Shot

Totopacgal Lv.20
Rock Tomb
Bite
Water Gun
Rage

Legendarian Mistress
May 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM
TotoPacMan: You could always go with Lapras.

Aquerex
May 18th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Oooh. I'll join...once I decide my type....

I might start with Fighting, but since I only have Soul Silver, I can't get a Mankey... or maybe I could trade my Riolu egg...

Legendarian Mistress
May 18th, 2010, 07:03 PM
You'll be at a disadvantage against Falkner, Aquerex.

TotoPacMan
May 18th, 2010, 07:10 PM
i could go with Lapras.... but everytime friday rolls around i forget. and if i use Cloyster, i'll already have an ice/water.
hmmm... Starmie would make two Psy/waters, too. Maybe Kabutops or omastar? Kingdra? i hate decisions...

Current end team: Feraligater, Slowking(not waiting till lv.37 for evo), Quagsire, cloyster, Corsola
maybes:Kabutops, omastar, Kingdra, lanturn, poliwrath, octillery

Legendarian Mistress
May 18th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Aquerex: I'm doing a Bug challenge in HG. I don't think I'll have any problem against Falkner, because I'll grind to above level 13.

Toto: Go with Lanturn.

Aquerex
May 18th, 2010, 07:18 PM
'O_O Yeah, but in Soul Silver it's harder to catch a Caterpie and Beedrill is nothing compared to Butterfree...

So I'm just doing Water.

Legendarian Mistress
May 18th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Butterfree is better than Beedrill, but that's just my personal opinion.

Aquerex
May 18th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Picking a type is extremely difficult.

OK! I've got it decided!

Name: Aquerex
Type: Bug
Version: Soul Silver

yomamathecableguy
May 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Picking a type is extremely difficult.

I'll either do Bug or Flying. Just gotta pick one...hmm...

Psssstttt do fire so we can race or something. lol

Aquerex
May 18th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Fire, Bug, Flying, Water....GAH!

Too hard! I'm sticking with Bug.

TotoPacMan is my new inspiration for this challenge.

yomamathecableguy
May 18th, 2010, 07:59 PM
awww darn. lol Well we should race anyways and then both do the same type for a second challenge. ^_^

Aquerex
May 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM
lol ok sure! but what type? im fine with most types except dragon, ghost, or dark.

emoxy
May 18th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Hahah I'm doing bug currently and just got my 9th badge. Quite fun, except E4 Lance, I had a hard time (I didn't have Scyther/Heracross).
(I agree that picking type is very difficult!)

-who to evolve into... Slowbro or Slowking? You decide! ....Please?

Slowbro. CM Slowbro is rather similar to CMCune, it owns. But of course it's just a playthrough, I guess Slowking would work too (it's cooler!)

Corsola is hard to use but very fun.

I want to race too! But I'll not have access to my computer from Friday onwards.. (meaning I must complete my challenge by Friday. lol.)

No updates yet - I'll start playing in a few hours.

yomamathecableguy
May 19th, 2010, 02:25 AM
lol ok sure! but what type? im fine with most types except dragon, ghost, or dark.

Hmm... well, after we finish our current challenges, why don't we do flying? :)

Little Brother
May 19th, 2010, 04:06 AM
I would like to do Dragon, but I'm using a ROM on a Mac ._. How would I get mai dragons? Unless I used my starter till dragon den...but...that defeats the purpose of the game D: Halp.

If nothing can be done, I'll do Ghost.

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I think EJ allows save file modification of a dragon egg. You better ask him though.

DreJ1212
May 19th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Got another badge, and did some other stuff.

-Proceeded to surf down route 40. Lots of trainers here, and the wild pokemon are at a pretty decent level, so I got some really good exp.
-Route 40 merged into route 41 and I battled more trainers and pokemon. Gained a few levels.
-Arrived in Cianwood City.
-Went north and spotted Suicune! It ran away, and this wierd man named Eusine came out of nowhere. I guess he was pissed that I found suicune first because he battled me. Pretty easy battle.
-Went inside the gym and battled the trainers. Confronted Chuck

Gym Battle
-Primeape was simply demolished by a Wing attack by Crobat.
-Poliwrath was really annoying. It took 4 pokemon to take him down. Not even joking. I had to switch a lot due to hypnosis. After a while I took him down and got good exp for all 4 of those pokemon.

-Recieved the badge from chuck.
-Went outside and was confronted by Chuck's wife, who gave me the Fly HM.
-Pidgeot learned fly and I flew back to Olivine and gave Jasmine the secret potion. Jasmine returns to her gym.
-Exited the lighthouse to get a call from Baoba, the Safari Zone was open, I flew back to Cianwood and headed to route 47/48.
-Lots of good trainers here, good exp, headed to the safari zone.
-Baoba challenged me to catch a geodude in the safari zone, easy job.
-No more challanges, so I went to route 48 and started to train a bit in the grass. Jasmine awaits!

Current Party

Pidgeotto Lvl 30
-Twister
-Sand Attack
-Fly
-Quick Attack

Crobat Lvl 30
-Wing Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Astonish
-Bite

Gyarados Lvl 30
-Splash(lol...)
-Twister
-Bite
-Dragon Rage

Dratini Lvl 29
-Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Twister
-Dragon Rage

Yanma lvl 29
-Shadow Ball
-SuperSonic
-Quick Attack
-SonicBoom

Croconaw
Hm Slave

Little Brother
May 19th, 2010, 04:29 AM
I think EJ allows save file modification of a dragon egg. You better ask him though.

I hope so, but how would I get it? D:

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 04:47 AM
^Via cheating.

I'll sign the newest bug challenger up. Personally I love Beedrill, so I would have him on my bug team (if I were to pick Bug)

Little Brother
May 19th, 2010, 05:10 AM
So that's a no huh? Damn...lemme consider the types then before i make a final choice

Athprim
May 19th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Okay, since the first version didn't post, I guess I'll give the short version.

-Beat Whitney
-Training for Morty.
-Catching Magnemites to harvest 2 Metal Coats
-Added Scyther (Eddy) and Magnemite (Neutron) to party.

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 05:35 AM
I'll only allow cheating to get a type not available to you on an emulator.

i.e. Ice, fighting, dragon.

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 05:39 AM
So that's a no huh? Damn...lemme consider the types then before i make a final choice

I think using Pokesav is allowed for creation of the egg. (As mentioned above)

Anyway, here's update: I'm trying to finish this asap, but it seems like I'll have some problems.

Update #9:
- Currently in the process of heavily grinding Rocker.
- Grinded it till Level 47 (without evolving.. Need the Rock Blast at Level 49)
- Went through the E4 once again for levels; Lance is now a breeze as Rock Blast breaks through all Dragonites and Charizards.

- Celadon Gym! Generally easy, not much problem :)
- Erika: "I shall not lose."
- Razor, X-Scissor!
- Bug attacks really work here.
- Giga Drain! Don't think I need the TM, though.
- That old man looking at girls is still here -.-

- And now Saffron Gym! A gym I should sweep due to bug attacks.. I think.
- Trainers were pawned by Rocker's high attack.
- Sabrina is a bit of a problem; Espeon OHKOed my Pipp after a CM.
- Mr. Mime set up a Light Screen and got BugBited to death.
- Guess Fortress is the best bet here; Steel is a good type.

- Helped Copycat retrieve her lost Clefairy doll, and hey.. it's STEVEN!
- He said that everyone he battled had the same looks. WHAT AN INSULT.
- Oh! Latias!
- So it left Hoenn to come here.
- And he left. WHAT?

- Fine. I don't care about Latias anyway.. Time for Nugget Bridge..
- Psychic owns.
- I wonder why No. 5 and 6 have lower levels than the previous ones. And non-fully evolved Pokemon? Gosh.
- Oh! There's a SUPER NERD. Which left my Pipp with 1HP with Ice Beam. Phew.
- And.. there's Misty!

- Wow, she switched Pokemon at least 5 times in this battle - the most I've seen for any trainer. Seems like she attempts to counter my attacks.. Luckily I have some diversity. Most of her Pokemon had Ice Beam, which totally pawned me.

- Brock was a noob. Random special attacks owned.

- Janine got thrashed by Pipp.

- Blaine is a pain. As most of my Pokemon are slower, an Overheat will most probably OHKO me (except Armaldo, but I'm too lazy to go back to heal).
- Ok, time to heal (I fail.)
- Now Rock Blast breaks through everything.
- Somehow, Rapidash decided to use Bounce on my Razor (I switched wrongly). Left me with 3HP, and I slept it and Returned it to death. :)

- Time for BLUE.
- WTF is with the Fire Blast/Surf Tauros? It brought my Fortress to red. 4x weakness is seriously irritating me..
- AND THE SLOWKING, HAS FLAMETHROWER. WTF?
- OK, Blue time. NOT!
- Need the first gen Elite Four for easy experience. Ninjask, here we go!

- EV Grinded like crazy to get some Attack.
- Went through E4 again for Lightning (name for my Ninjask) to level up.
- Fought through Route 3, and I.. saw Redhair at Mt. Moon!!
- He can't help but challenge me!! He seems more composed now. Lol.
- Standard fare.
- What's with his Golbat? Haven't evolved.
- He actually took me some reloads, as the matchups sucked (I'm switching out Lightning to train it).
- Oh, he's going to Dragon's Den.

- Grind, grind, grind.
- Finally got my (almost) complete moveset!
- Had quite some problems with Blue - but I'll rest for now.

Pipp
Level 61 Docile Butterfree
159/74/90/148/110/131
Compoundeyes
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

Fortress
Level 60 Lonely Forretress
176/161/172/94/92/63
Sturdy
- Bug Bite
- Payback
- Giga Drain
- Gyro Ball

Razor
Level 61 Relaxed Parasect
166/172/128/94/123/48
Dry Skin
- Return
- Giga Drain
- X-Scissor
- Spore

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/348.png
Rocker
Level 63 Impish Armaldo
226/207/162/91/119/70
Battle Armor
- Headbutt
- Protect
- Rock Blast
- Metal Claw
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/291.png
Lightning
Level 50 Hardy Ninjask
132/129/65/56/58/199
- Slash
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

Can someone suggest me moves for Rocker? :)

Little Brother
May 19th, 2010, 05:46 AM
I'll only allow cheating to get a type not available to you on an emulator.

i.e. Ice, fighting, dragon.

AWESOME. Lol that's good. Put me up for Dragon then. ;D

Trainer Name: Kinn
Type: Dragon
Version: SS

Nohr
May 19th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Okay, so it's been a while since I've updated because I've been busy with work, and well, playing.

MY Ice-Challenge is going well, to say the least.

I destroyed Morty, without much trouble. Lapras handled him almost entirely by itself.

I then went over to olivine, tore through the lighthouse with relative ease, and grabbed a good rod in Olivine. I surfed over to Cianwood for the cure, and on my way there, I spent half an hour fishing for A shellder. I caught the first one I found, at level 20. I then proceeded to beat Chuck, fairly easily with Jynx's Psychic, despite ice's weakness to fighting. After getting fly, and sticking it to my HM slave of a hoot-hoot, I went back to goldenrod, to breed a shellder egg (since I'm very nitpicky about raising my pokemon from a very low level, or egg) When that finally hatched, I went back to Olivine, to cure Amphy and take on the Steel Gym. I was really worried about this one, but again, my Lapras managed to take the sonicbooms from the magnemite's, and then demolished Steelix with Surf.

I then went to Mahogany Town, and the lake of rage. After realizing I needed to deal with Team rocket, I did so, clearing them out using mostly my Glaceon and Jynx, all the while using my newly acquired Exp. Share to raise my Shellder. Then came Pryce, my first REAL challenge in a gym. Again, though, it was lapras to the rescue, with a combination of surf, confuse ray, and body slam. I then received the phone call regarding team rocket's take-over of the radio tower, and flew over there to dispatch them, with relative ease, until Archer's Houndoom. He almost demolished my entire team, but a Lucky critical hit from icicle spear from shellder saved the day.

Now I'm about to start my trek toward Blackthorn, and through the ice path, where I plan to catch a Delibird and a Swinub to round out my team. Though I'm unsure of how useful Delibird will be, and am wondering if I should just grab a Seel instead.

Anyway, that's my update, and here's my Current team:

Lapras, level 34

Jynx, Level 34

Glaceon, level 30

Shellder, level 25

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Grinding time.. I'll take my time.. The new E4 is seriously, hard.

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 08:21 AM
@nohr: Seel was my "starter" ^.^

Dewgong can be beneficial to you but you already have your bases covered with Lapras (water/ice)

Kurumi
May 19th, 2010, 09:00 AM
.EJ I completed everything but Red,stuck with team of 4x-6x lvl pokemon @_@ And Pikachu just roflvolts my pokemon @___@ Should I get Omastar instead of Corsola? I love Cereal so much,it helped me so many times @_@
OHWAIT I DON'T NEED TO BEAT RED? @_@ Do I need to rematch the E4,or just completing it once,and completing every leader once counts?

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 09:25 AM
.EJ I completed everything but Red,stuck with team of 4x-6x lvl pokemon @_@ And Pikachu just roflvolts my pokemon @___@ Should I get Omastar instead of Corsola? I love Cereal so much,it helped me so many times @_@
OHWAIT I DON'T NEED TO BEAT RED? @_@ Do I need to rematch the E4,or just completing it once,and completing every leader once counts?

I'm at the same phase as you -.- I think Omaster would be cool. Corsola is hard to use.

I am getting pawned by E4 remix so Red is completely out of the question for me. Grinding @ Mt. Silver.. Haha.

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Nah you guys are done.

The rules were placed by the guy before me...I just enforce them nowadays. He set it up so that we finish our challenge once we beat Blue.

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Haha yay. I'll upload my pokemon stats later. Dotaing soon :D

And that was tough. Bug is seriously, not exactly a very good type to use. ><

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 10:11 AM
We have a tradition and that is to immortalize a line from the champion.

What do you want to say man?

Kurumi
May 19th, 2010, 10:21 AM
So mine will be:
Read the rules carefully and look deep into Your Pokemon,sometimes they'll be able to defeat their weaknesses and be victorious.
Should I post my team?

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Pipp
Level 64 Docile Butterfree
166/77/94/155/115/138
Compoundeyes
Amulet Coin
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

My main partner. She thrashed through almost everything with Sleep Powder, and coupled with decent special moves that it can learn (especially Bug Buzz), it could do some serious damage. If opponent wakes up, rinse and repeat. She was especially helpful in the Dragon gym and against Gyarados, one of the Pokemon that I have a LOT of problem against.
Fortress
Level 62 Lonely Forretress
181/166/179/97/95/65
Sturdy
Iron Ball
- Bug Bite
- Payback
- Giga Drain
- Gyro Ball (PP Up twice)

The defensive poke; I chose not to wait for Power Trick, and I think it wasn't too bad. Special mention to Payback, which helped me thrash through Psychic Pokemons with ease, and acts as a powerful Physical attack (since with Iron Ball, Fortress always goes last).
Razor
Level 61 Relaxed Parasect
166/172/128/94/123/48
Dry Skin
Miracle Seed
- Return
- Giga Drain
- X-Scissor
- Spore

My second Pokemon, which did not perform up to my expectation through my journey, I must say; 4x weakness to Flying and Fire (+ Dry Skin!) aside, it didn't have enough HP to tank through other attacks (60/80/80 at the defenses). That being said, it has MASSIVE attack and X-Scissor/Return ensures a 2HKO on almost anything that doesn't resist it. Too bad the type coverage is very little..

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/348.png
Rocker
Level 65 Impish Armaldo
233/213/167/94/122/72
Battle Armor
Muscle Band
- Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Metal Claw

I got it after National Dex; and it quickly became a monster. Despite being slow, it tanks through everything and has a higher attack than Razor to begin with. I would say Razor got outclassed by it in a lot of ways (save the 4x ground resistance Razor has). Rock Blast helped me through Lance's dragons a LOT.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/291.png
Lightning
Level 65 Hardy Ninjask
169/166/83/71/73/257
Speed Boost
- X-Scissor
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance

My last Pokemon, trained primarily to set up Swords Dance + Speed Boosts to Rocker to sweep. :) Definitely a fun moveset I've used.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/finish.png

Hmm..
"Type coverage is very important; choose your moves wisely and don't hesitate to use TMs."

BTW, that was a fun experience. Definitely a huge challenge for me, and thanks EJ for hosting this. I might consider another type in the future. :)

I would love to see your team Kurumi but of course it's up to you :)

Athprim
May 19th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Okay...few updates and a suggestion.

I absolutely love this team I'm putting together. I am however, gonna breed them with a Ditto, hope to get some Good IVs, Good Natures, etc. and EV train them.

In other news, I have beat Morty and in putting together final movesets, I'm struggling to come up with a few.

Empoleon
---------
Surf
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
???

Lucario (SP. ATK is slightly higher than ATK)
-------
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Steelix
-------
Earthquake
Screech (ATK is not extremely high, so i figured this might help)
Stone Edge
Crunch

Scizor
------
X-Scissor
Iron Head
False Swipe
???

Magnezone
-----------
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Signal Beam
???

Edit: Forgot my suggestion! Seeing as how people are playing to beat Red anyways, Why don't we add that to the challenge?

Kurumi
May 19th, 2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/248.png
Naughty Tyranitar "Sweepstake"

/w Sand Stream
Level 63
Moveset:
Dark Pulse
Stone Edge
Thunderbolt
Earthquake
Leveling Sweepstake was horrible. EV'd it a bit,but it was really hard... but once it evolved it was just killer.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/222.png
Adamant Corsola "Cereal"
/w Hustle
Level 62
Moveset:
Surf
Powder Gem
Blizzard
Stealth Rock
Cereal helped me a lot on my journey. I caught it in Olivine,altough it was meant to me Special Sweeper,I didn't care so much. Till Surf HM it was decent,but still worth using. With Surf and Blizzard it was EXCELLENT Pokemon. Powder Gem was amazing vs Ice or Flying. Stealth Rock was added somewhere about Kanto,really useful!
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/142.png
Lonely Aerodactyl "Aerock"
/w Rock Head
Level 40
Moveset:
Fly
Wing Attack
Ancientpower
Agility
Excellent Speed and Attack,LOVE IT! Wasn't used in serious battles,because I bred it and leveled from level 1,but with amazing stats it could get enemies 20 lvls higher,but they needed to be weak against it. Not proud of moveset...
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/219.png
Naive Magcargo "Volcano"
/w Flame Body
Level 38
Moveset:
Amnesia
Recover
Lava Plume
Ancientpower
Moveset is not amazing again. I was raising it for Red,but I thought it would be really nice addition to my team,so here's Volcano!
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/337.png
Rash Lunatone "Moonray"
/w Levitate
Level 41
Moveset:
Dream Eater
Hypnosis
Cosmic Power
Psychic
I love this Pokemon and I dreamed about it from the very beginning. Though I needed to wait for it till mid-Kanto. I was planning to replace Cosmic Power with Calm Mind,making it GREAT sweeper.
So that's it ^^ My end-game team :) The sixth slot was meant for Rhydon,but I need a HM slave in my team.
I REALLY ENJOYED THE CHALLENGE! I think I'll start the Ghost one ^^
I'd like to say thanks to Graveler,Onix,Sudoowodo and Shuckle for hanging with me for a while,You ROCKED guys! Get it? ROCKED!

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Good, good. I added you guys to the list of Champs.

TotoPacMan
May 19th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Fire, Bug, Flying, Water....GAH!

Too hard! I'm sticking with Bug.

TotoPacMan is my new inspiration for this challenge.

Wow... been her for a week or so and i'm sombody's inspiration 0_0
I'M SO HAPPY! lol... anyway's, i'll go with Slowbro. If you say it's better... :)
scrapped corsola idea. gonna go with a late-game Kabutops or Omastar.

-soooo... training. yeah.
-Whitney is so evil. Milk drink freaks me out. what if Miltank gets Mad Cow disease?

i have literally done nothing today. hrmph...:\

Hey... Arcelio/Icenight (whomever it may concern), can i please (pretty pretty please with a cherry on top) have a flying type champ banner? PLEASE?!?!!? (again, pretty pretty please with a cherry on top)

NotchedEarPichu
May 19th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Update #4

After a long rest from battling I started my journey again
I caught Lapras at Union Cave since it was Friday at the time
Poliwag also evolved into Poliwhirl
I had problems evolving my Eevee and Slowpoke so I asked one of my friends to trade Slowpoke with King's Rock and buy Water Stone for Eevee
After I got Slowking and Vaporeon I headed down the route
I battled many trainers on the way
I run into this guy named Boaba and he said he runs the Safari Zone in Chanwood City
When I got to Olivine I ran into my rival and he said the gym leader is in the Lighthouse caring for a sick Pokemon (that's really nice)
So I decided to train in the Lighthouse to talk to gym leader and she wanted me to go to Chanwood City to get Medicine from the Pharmacy there
I then battled more trainers on the water route
I get to Chanwood and go in the gym to battle Chuck right away
That's 5 badges now
I beat him right away the first time with my beast of a Lapras
I got medicine and found Suicune again and creamed Eusine
I went back to Olivine gave the medicine to the sick pokemon
After that I creamed Jasmine the first try
That's 6 badges only 2 more to go
After all that I head to Mahogany Town after battling some trainers and getting Strength from a Hiker from Mt.Mortar
That is all for now

Team:

http://pokesplash.net/pokedex-hgss/sprite.php?natid=61
Poliwhirl
Lv.29
MOVES:
Body Slam
BubbleBeam
Hypnosis
Water Gun

http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/hgss/sprites/front/norm/195_quagsire_1_m.png
Quagsire
Lv.26
MOVES:
Surf
Tail Whip
Slam
Mud Bomb

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/159-m.png
Croconaw
Lv.27
MOVES:
Flail
Ice Fang
Water Gun
Bite

http://pokesplash.net/pokedex-hgss/sprite.php?natid=134
Vaporeon
Lv.30
MOVES:
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Bite
Sand-Attack

http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/hgss/sprites/front/norm/131_lapras_1_m.png
Lapras
Lv.32
MOVES:
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Water Pulse
Body Slam

http://pokesplash.net/pokedex-hgss/sprite.php?natid=199
Slowking
Lv.32
MOVES:
Confusion
Disable
Headbutt
Water Pulse

Nohr
May 19th, 2010, 01:22 PM
@nohr: Seel was my "starter" ^.^

Dewgong can be beneficial to you but you already have your bases covered with Lapras (water/ice)

I agree, but I mean, I don't really have another viable option, since I can't actually get Sneasel until it's too late anyway, lol. My options are pretty much Seel, and Delibird. I don't have the snowy trail on my pokewalker to get Snorunt/Snover, though I suppose I could focus on getting that.

Edit: Just noticed I'm only one below the snowy mountain trail one, and that I can get Sneasel AND Snover there...That's my plan. Whichever I get first. Think I'd rather Sneasel though.
Not sure if Abomasnow is good enough to Replace Cloyster. Any opinions?

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Um...is it too late to change my type?

I realize that Bug is not the easiest choice.

If possible, can I permanently change my type to Normal?

Um...actually, I already re-started with Normal....so...

Name: Aquerex
Type: Normal

*This is the FIRST and LAST time I will change types. Thanks.
:)

Shiari Xero
May 19th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Ugh, my Soul Silver Cart got damaged (gonna kill my niece... 2 year old tossed it into the water) And i lost my playthru. I just bought a new one today so i would like to sign up for something no one else has done.

Name: Shiari Xero
Type: Ghost

Alright, before i start, i would like to ask, would it be ok to import an egg (or two depending), since i can only get a Ghastly at Sprout tower, and the next time i would be able to get anything is the Johto Safari Zone (Misdreavus) and i would only have Misdreavus and Ghastly until the national dex >>' (If i can import, ill be importing a Spiritomb(Egg), or/and a Banette(Shuppet Egg)

polkop
May 19th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Little update on my Psychic challenge:
- Abra evolve into Kadabra
- I train my four pokemon
- I get my third badge easily
- Now, I'm heading to go see if I can go catch a Girafarig

My team:
Slowpoke - Lv 18
- Confusion
- Yawn
- Tackle
- Water Gun

Exeggcute - Lv 18
- Uproar
- Hypnosis
- Reflect
- Leech Seed

Drowzee - Lv 18
- Headbutt
- Hypnosis
- Toxic Gaz
- Confusion

Kadabra - Lv 18
- Teleport
- Confusion
- Disable

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Um...Ok, Normal Update 1

-Started with a Totodile for the HMs.
-Made my way through Cherrygrove and Mr. Pokemon's house.
-Beat Silver
-Caught a Sentret (Ringtail)
-Caught a Spearow (Ace)
-On my way to Violet City!

Athprim
May 19th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Little update here.

So I decided not to go the route of catching Magnemites for Metal Coats. I completely forgot (until about 5 mins ago) that I could get them from the Pokeathlon. So I will be grinding that for a while after everyone hits level 25, which should be here extremely soon.

Current Team

Skipper/PRINPLUP (Lv. 24)
70/42/42/46/41/28
-Surf
-Peck
-Metal Claw
-Growl
::Notes::
I'm starting to think that his entire moveset might be TMs/HMs.

SolidSnake/ONIX (LV. 24)
57/28/88/20/31/44
-Sandstorm
-Rock Throw
-Dig
-Screech
I'm suddenly realizing how much attack he doesn't have and how much defense he does. Screech stays for sure. TANKS FTW.

Neutron/MAGNEMITE (LV. 24)
49/26/38/56/33/31
-Thunder Wave
-ThunderShock
-Supersonic
-Spark
SP. ATK is amazing. Searching for a move to complete his set. Right now I'm thinking Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Signal Beam for sure.

Mr. T/LUCARIO (Lv. 24)
69/65/47/67/40/51
-Reversal
-Force Palm
-Metal Sound
-Iron Tail
First time using Lucario, and I must say I like. I'm thinking of a SP. ATK moveset for him to cover many types. If anyone has suggestions as to whether I should do SP. ATK or ATK please let me know.

Eddy/SCYTHER (Lv. 24)
69/61/49/37/53/51
-U-Turn
-Wing Attack
-Pursuit
-False Swipe
BEAST! This is also my first time playing with a Scyther in my main party. Technician is an awesome ability that makes Wing Attack no joke.

.EJ
May 19th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Alright I'll add beating Red as part of the challenge. (Only because I've been considering it long before you guys suggested it.)

The previous champions are still champions.

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Update # 3:

— Grinded Leena until she was three quarters of the way through level 6, then I challenged Youngster Joey. After Leena pwned Joey’s Rattata, she grew to level 7 and attempted to evolve, but I stopped that from happening
— Am gonna go challenge the rest of the trainers now, after healing Leena back in Cherrygrove
— Beat the wimpy trainers, arrived in Violet City, went to Sprout Tower to train Leena some more. She evolved into Metapod after the battle with Sage Nico and evolved again into Butterfree after I creamed Sage Edmond. Am now finishing off all of the remaining weaklings (i.e. Troy, Neal and Elder Li), before exiting and grinding heavily on Route 32
— After crushing Li, Leena reached level 12. Am going to heal, then head to Route 32 and heavily grind
— Tbh, the heavy grinding didn’t happen. I actually went and challenged the Gym and beat Falkner’s Pidgeotto narrowly, with like 9 HP left... *breathes a sigh of relief*... Also, Leena reached level 13
— Healed Leena and then decimated Route 32, Union Cave and Route 33 with said Butterfree

***Just as a side note here, EJ, this Bug type challenge is extremely interesting; so I’ll be dropping out of the Normal type***

— Arrived in Azalea Town with Leena at level 17, am proceeding to rescue the Slowpoke, then will beat the crap outta Mack and head into the Ilex Forest to catch a Paras
— Rescued the Slowpoke, kicked Mack’s arse easily and have caught a level 5 male Paras
— Now to level up Selby via the trainers in Bugsy’s Gym

TEAM:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/Paras.png

Selby/Paras (Brave nature)
Male/level 9
— Scratch
— Stun Spore
— Poisonpowder

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/Butterfree.png

Leena/Butterfree
Female/level 20
— Gust
— Sleep Powder
— Confusion
— Poisonpowder

Update # 4:

— Beat Bugsy’s junior trainer and Bugsy himself quite easily
— Heading to Goldenrod via the Ilex Forest
— Doubled back to as far as Violet when I realized I lacked Bullet Seed and Rock Smash... I wonder how I managed to forget obtaining those...
— Got Bullet Seed and Rock Smash, went to the Ilex Forest, taught Croc Headbutt and caught a level 7 male Pineco. Nicknamed him Bomba, and am gonna drop him off at the Daycare Centre for easy level raising

TEAM:

Selby/Paras
Male/level 10
— Scratch
— Stun Spore
— Poisonpowder
— Bullet Seed

Leena/Butterfree
Female/level 20
— Gust
— Sleep Powder
— Confusion
— Poisonpowder

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/DarkArcanine/Pineco.png

Bomba/Pineco
Male/level 7
— Tackle
— Protect
— Selfdestruct

Athprim
May 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM
1 Metal Coat down, 1 to go.

Skipper, SolidSnake, and Eddy are completely owning the stamina course.

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 06:10 PM
HEY GUYS, GUESS WHAT? I can't find a Dunsparce. I will not rest until I find this thing.

No, sorry. I will not PROGRESS until I find this thing. :l

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hey TP, are you doing a Normal type challenge? Dark Cave is your best bet.

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Hey TP, are you doing a Normal type challenge? Dark Cave is your best bet.

Yeah, but it's that 1% encounter rate that's making me go insane. But yeah, that's the place I'm searching.

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Don't give up just yet. If it were me, I'd keep searching until I got really pissed off.

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Is it really that hard to find Dunsparce?

On my other SS game I found three Dunsparce in a row by smashing boulders looking for Heart Scales.

I caught two of them, but I didn't think they were that hard to find...

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Don't give up just yet. If it were me, I'd keep searching until I got really pissed off.

I've passed that point. Twice. I don't mind though. I'll just keep looking.

Is it really that hard to find Dunsparce?

On my other SS game I found three Dunsparce in a row by smashing boulders looking for Heart Scales.

I caught two of them, but I didn't think they were that hard to find...

...90% chance of finding it while crushing boulders, 1% chance random encounter. HUGE difference.

Oh, they are, Aquerex. Trust me.

Edit: Sorry, TP, didn't realize.

Lol, it's no problem, that was just me over-exaggerating. I've only been looking for about an hour, and it's really not that annoying. I am getting a bit frustrated, but certainly not too pissed off.

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Oh, they are, Aquerex. Trust me.

Edit: Sorry, TP, didn't realize.

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Wow. A 1% encounter rate?

That's preeettty rare. It seemed like a 20% encounter rate, but maybe I'm just lucky.

EDIT: 90% Rock Smash chance?! Why do people complain then, if there's a 90% chance?! Is there a level difference?

Also:

*I was just playing my Normal Monotype on SS and I encountered a shiny Hoothoot. This is before you get Pokeballs, so I was forced to run away. That was actually my 3rd legit shiny encounter ever. =)*

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Wow. A 1% encounter rate?

That's preeettty rare. It seemed like a 20% encounter rate, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Also:

*I was just playing my Normal Monotype on SS and I encountered a shiny Hoothoot. This is before you get Pokeballs, so I was forced to run away. That was actually my 3rd legit shiny encounter ever. =)*

1% random encounter. By that I mean walking around. It's as common as Pidgey or whatever while crushing rocks. Edit: Yes, there is. Rock Smash gives you a 4 - 8 level Dunsparce, running around gives you a level 4 one. And I'm complaining since I can't even use Rock Smash yet.

*Related to shinies, I've seen 2 shiny Geodudes so far, but I didn't bother catching, since I don't want to waste 2 Pokeballs on Pokemon I really don't need. :P*

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 07:08 PM
That's pretty lucky, Aquerex.

TP, where are you up to atm?

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 07:12 PM
That's pretty lucky, Aquerex.

TP, where are you up to atm?

Dark Cave*. ._. No badges, my team is a level 4 Pidgey named Air.

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I'm currently up to the Route south of Goldenrod, can't remember it's number, with a Paras and Butterfree. Pineco I'll be dropping off at the Daycare.

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Dark Cave*. ._. No badges, my team is a level 4 Pidgey named Air.

Ohhhh, now I get why you can't just Rock Smash to get a Dunsparce...nevermind, then.

Anyways, I'm currently at Sprout Tower with my Sentret (Ringtail) and Spearow (Ace), both level 7.

EDIT: I never thought Dunsparce was a particularly GOOD Pokemon. Is there any advantages with it?

Sam_Sam
May 19th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Hello EJ, I be doing a Steel Mono-Type Challenge :)

I will start with a Beldum that i gotten from the Winner Path (i spend a lot of time on this)

Update #1

- Picked Chikorita as my starter (using it as HM slave)
- Done the usual thing get a egg and pass the egg back to Prof. Elm (What is he thinking? asking a 10 yr old child to do all the dirty work for him)
- Fight my Rival along & Name it Paul (Been watching too much pokemon anime)
- Gotten my Beldum from the Winner Path =D (Okay Chikorita you done a great job till date - you will spend the rest of the game learning HM skill now)

Update #2

- Reached Violet City (Fought a few trainer along the way & lucky for me all their attack is weak and usual against Beldum who have clear body)
- Sweep Sprout Tower with ease & Gotten TM Flash (Saw my Rival Whopped the Old Elder at Sprout Tower & what i did? i decided to Join in the Fun and Whopped him again)
- Next Stop Violet Gym & Falkner (Only 2 Pokemon ? I mean Most trainer have 6 pokemon i guess that Bird Pokemon just don't fly pass this City a lot)
- Collect TM Roost & Zephyr Badge
- Rush through Route 22 & my target is Union Cave (Yay time to add another Pokemon to my Steel Team)
- Caught Onix & i saw a Random Flamethrower Fatso trying to sell me stuff that he have (something caught my eye - A Metal Coat)
- I Trade Onix with some random guy that i meet in Pokemon Centre & it Evolve into Steelix (Welcome to my team - Guess that a Nasty Looking Snake will be a useful bodyguard for a 10 yr child trying to travel around alone)

Badge 1/16
Current Team
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/374.pngBeldum Lv 14 (Steel/Psychic)
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/208.png Steelix Lv 14 (Steel/Ground)

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Ohhhh, now I get why you can't just Rock Smash to get a Dunsparce...nevermind, then.

Anyways, I'm currently at Sprout Tower with my Sentret (Ringtail) and Spearow (Ace), both level 7.

EDIT: I never thought Dunsparce was a particularly GOOD Pokemon. Is there any advantages with it?

Well, I want it because I just love Dunsparce, but it's ability Serene Grace is amazing, and makes all chances of special effects (Paralyzing with Thunder, Flinching with Headbutt, etc) doubled.

Edit: Well, I guess that's WHY I love it. Well, that and I used it in my first playthrough of Gold ever, so it's "special" to me. :l

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 07:22 PM
What is the number of the Route south of Goldenrod? I forgot.

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Well, I want it because I just love Dunsparce, but it's ability Serene Grace is amazing, and makes all chances of special effects (Paralyzing with Thunder, Flinching with Headbutt, etc) doubled.

Edit: Well, I guess that's WHY I love it. Well, that and I used it in my first playthrough of Gold ever, so it's "special" to me. :l

Ohhh. Well. I might get one later once I get Rock Smash.

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 07:24 PM
What is the number of the Route south of Goldenrod? I forgot.

Route 34.

I'm gonna take a short break from this now. :P

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hello, I be doing a Steel Mono-Type Challenge :)

- Caught Onix & with Luck it come with a Steel Coat (^.^)

Umm...I don't think Onix can be caught with a Metal Coat...

Wild Onix don't hold anything, if I'm correct...

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Umm...I don't think Onix can be caught with a Metal Coat...

Wild Onix don't hold anything, if I'm correct...

You are indeed correct.

How do you explain this magical Metal Coat, sir?

Sam_Sam
May 19th, 2010, 07:34 PM
You are indeed correct.

How do you explain this magical Metal Coat, sir?

I was just trying to add in some story line that how i gotten Metal Coat since i dont like to said i gotten Metal Coat from my Other Game sav :X

i go edit a bit on this

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hello, I be doing a Steel Mono-Type Challenge :)

Update #1

- Picked Chikorita as my starter (using it as HM slave)
- Done the usual thing get a egg and pass the egg back to Prof. Elm (What is he thinking? asking a 10 yr old child to do all the dirty work for him)
- Fight my Rival along & Name it Paul (Been watching too much pokemon anime)
- Gotten my Beldum from the Winner Path =D (Okay Chikorita you done a great job till date - you will spend the rest of the game learning HM skill now)

Um...also, you need at least two Pokemon to send one to the Pokewalker. Did you, by chance, have more than one Pokemon? Because all it says is that you got a Chikorita, then you magically got a Beldum.

Ehehe...I just like poking holes in people's updates...sorry =P

Sam_Sam
May 19th, 2010, 07:42 PM
YA Aquerex i just skipped all those Um. .Caught a pokemon and send to Pokewalker etc- In fact i want to start this Steel the day Winner's Path is available it just that i spend a lot of Time on it . I trade a Fighting Pokemon from my other Sav to shorthen the process also in case you are interested too.

It okay for question hehe i will tend to add in a lot of "fake" info in the update hoping to make it slight interesting :x

Aquerex
May 19th, 2010, 07:43 PM
YA Aquerex i just skipped all those Um. .Caught a pokemon and send to Pokewalker etc- In fact i want to start this Steel the day Winner's Path is available it just that i spend a lot of Time on it . I trade a Fighting Pokemon from my other Sav to shorthen the process also in case you are interested too.

It okay for question hehe i will tend to add in a lot of "fake" info in the update hoping to make it slight interesting :x

Ok, that clears things up, thanks.

Anyway, I just beat Sprout Tower on my Normal Challenge.

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 08:04 PM
UGH. FINALLY FOUND DUNSPARCE. Phew. I think this playthrough will be similar to the last one, where almost my entire party was female, which is what it's starting to look like now. (Not that I have a problem with that, it's just a bit weird in my opinion.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RUN AWAY ABILITY. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

Sam_Sam
May 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM
UGH. FINALLY FOUND DUNSPARCE. Phew. I think this playthrough will be similar to the last one, where almost my entire party was female, which is what it's starting to look like now. (Not that I have a problem with that, it's just a bit weird in my opinion.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RUN AWAY ABILITY. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

Caught a Ditto @ Route 34 i think & Breed it - it will faster than 1% rate i think :)

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Caught a Ditto @ Route 34 i think & Breed it - it will faster than 1% rate i think :)

Yeah, I guess that's true, but I don't want to fight the first gym with just a Pidgey. :( Nor do I want to catch a Rattata or Noctowl.

Sam_Sam
May 19th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I guess that's true, but I don't want to fight the first gym with just a Pidgey. :( Nor do I want to catch a Rattata or Noctowl.

Out of the Three i suggest using Noctowl - At least till after 1st Gym - Or you can grind on the 1% or in fact 0.5% when you consider it have 2 abilities.

Shiari Xero
May 19th, 2010, 08:13 PM

man i know that pain. Finding that 1% encounter rate pokemon, catching him, and finding out he DOESNT have the ability (or item if thats what your lookin for)

Makes you just want to bash your head in eh?

Btw small update:

Named self Tobias
Did the begining stuff (not up to describing it all)
Got a shuppet egg transferred over
hatched the shuppet, nicknamed it Voodoo :P

http://ds.rothion.com/images/dp/shuppet.png
Voodoo the Adamant Shuppet
Level 7
Ability: Insomnia
-Shadow Sneak *Egg move
-Pursuit *Egg move
-Destiny Bond *Egg Move
-Screech

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/158.png
HMSlave the Totodile
Level 8
-Scratch
-Water Gun
-Leer
-Rage

And im currently grinding and heading to violet city so i can obtain my Ghastly :P

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Found another Dunsparce. Going to try to catch it. If it doesn't have Serene Grace or I kill it/vice versa, I'm just giving up for the night.

AT LONG LAST. SERENE GRACE. Finally!!!!!!!!!! :D Now to ditch the Run Away Dunsparce.

Aaand, now to grind.

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 08:47 PM

Haha all the best! Dunsparce rocks. We know he does. :)
Edit: Oh yay. :) SERENE GRACE.

I'm currently up to the Route south of Goldenrod, can't remember it's number, with a Paras and Butterfree. Pineco I'll be dropping off at the Daycare.

Good luck! We have similar teams, it'll be fun and VERY challenging. :)

Sam_Sam
May 19th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Steel Mono-Type Challenge (Chapter 1) @ Page 25 Post 607

Update #3

- With Azalea Town within sight, i saw a sneaky guy talking to a man & blocking the well (Well i am totally hungry at that point & rush to the pokemon centre for a good nice meal & rest)
- Early in the morning, i heard Rumor about a Great Pokeball creator, Kurt (Maybe i can get some rare pokeball from him which will be useful in thr future)
- As i enter the Kurt's House, i saw a crazy old man yelling and rushing somewhere (Let follow it GO Steelix)
- At the well, i saw the Old man injured his leg & ask me to save those Slowpoke from the Guy in Black (Old man you really should'nt be running around in your age)
- After clearing the Well & recuse the slowpoke (it was easy all of them was using Normal / Posion which is deem useless infront of my Steel Pokemon - I later learn that they are called Team Rocket)
- Kurt being gladful give me a few pokeball & a very unique ball which he autographed it (-.- who want your autographed ball, i never heard your name till this morning in fact)

Update #4

- Next Stop Azalea Gym (A Bug Gym it must spell some troubles for my Beldum who is a Psychic Type)
- Bugsy was hopeless in front of my Steelix who have Rock Throw & Rock Tomb , (Something caught my eye Scyther i heard it evolve into Scizor with a Metal Coat - Bugsy Told me he caught it at the National Park)
- Collect TM 89 & Hive Badge
- As i leaving the town, i noticed My Rival dropped something (It a HM Cut which i teach it to my HM slave - well finder keep it right)
- Breeze Through Ilex Forest & Reached Goldenrod City. (I went to the Poke Centre & one thing is on my mind - Scyther @ National Park)
- Okay, Today is Thursday & i heard The National Park bug contest is on. (Let go caught me a Scyther)
- Caught a Scyther & i gotten a Shed Skin for my effort, Rush Back to Goldenrod City & i saw the same random guy that previously helped to evolve my Onix (Putting my Spare Metal Coat & Vola i gotten myself a Scizor)

Badge 2/16
Current Team
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/374.pngBeldum Lv 18 (Steel/Psychic)
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/208.png Steelix Lv 20 (Steel/Ground)

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/212.png Scizor Lv 17 (Steel/Bug)

Found another Dunsparce. Going to try to catch it. If it doesn't have Serene Grace or I kill it/vice versa, I'm just giving up for the night.

AT LONG LAST. SERENE GRACE. Finally!!!!!!!!!! :D Now to ditch the Run Away Dunsparce.

Aaand, now to grind.

All the Best :) & Gratz on your Dunsparce

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Haha, thanks Emoxy and Sam-sam. All I need to do now is get him (Well, her) a better move than Rage. And Defense Curl, which she apparently just learned.

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Haha, thanks Emoxy and Sam-sam. All I need to do now is get him (Well, her) a better move than Rage. And Defense Curl, which she apparently just learned.

Haha you might want to keep Defense Curl for double damage Rollout at the start. Or maybe you would've already gotten better moves by then.. Haha.

AvianAzure
May 19th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Idk if you want to count me or not I already beat it so I don't have updates or anything but i went through the entire game with just my Tauros so it's technically a solo and monotype challenge. Add me if you want if not then *shrugs* ok.

AvianAzure
Normal
Soul Silver

Toxic Potato
May 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Haha you might want to keep Defense Curl for double damage Rollout at the start. Or maybe you would've already gotten better moves by then.. Haha.

Well, I'm going to keep Defense Curl and Rollout (Once I get it) until I can get Water Pulse, Glare, Rock Smash, and Headbutt, so probably not very long, since I can get - I think - all of those by the third gym. But I'm done for the day, so yeah.

Shiari Xero
May 19th, 2010, 09:52 PM
gratz on the dunsparce :D

Another update before i head to bed:

Grinded Voodoo on Route 30, killin innocent Weedles and Hoothoots is Voodoo's specialty 8D
After grinding to a decent level i trekked farther in the route, seeing what i could see and fighting what i could fight and all that jazz.
A youngster, one who was battling before, challenges me to a battle (after rambling about loosing and saying i looked weak.. wtf come on im older than you, you little ****)
I beat his poorly trained Rattata into the dirt with Voodoo, thing couldnt lay a finger on me
Another youngster challenges me, and he gets beat. Another one bites the dust.
Passed Route 31 and got to Violet City. I hear from folks around town that Gastly have been appearing at the Sprout Tower at night. A ghastly would be an epic addition to my all Ghost team, so i head to Sprout Tower to claim my Gastly.
After alittle searching in the towers second floor, i find a Gastly!~
I name it Alptraum, which is German for Nightmare.
Afterwards i start grinding Alptraum, sadly hes a special attacker..and his only attacks at this time are Hypnosis and Lick (a physical move)
I fight every "Sage" i could see, most of them thinking they had the upper hand...Not hahahaha
I got to the top, just cause i wanted to see whats up there, and i see... nooo that Red-headed a-hole.. Soul (i know creative name)
He beats the Elder, and takes the TM from the Elder as a prize (man i want one too D:)
He turns to me saying that he wouldnt loose to anyone who preached about being nice to pokemon.. man i wonder wtf happened in his life that made him such a ****

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mORzi9b5bCM/0.jpg

Yup No Clue...
Anyways i got the TM, its for flash..kinda useless but oh well i may use it later.
I climbed back down the tower and then went to Route 32 to grind, and am currently grinding my arse off :D

Team:
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/92.png
Alptraum the Modest Gastly (M)
Level 9
-Hypnosis
-Lick
-Spite
-Mean Look

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/353.png
Voodoo the Adamant Shuppet (F)
Level 12
-Shadow Sneak
-Pursuit
-Destiny Bond
-Screech

HMSlaves:
HM-slave The Totodile
Level 8
-Scratch
-Leer
-Water Gun
-Rage

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Update # 5:

— Selby almost single-handedly defeated all of the trainers on Route 34, with Leena helping a couple of times
— Am gonna go train on Route 35 for a while to raise Selby’s levels
— Oh, and Bomba is now at the Daycare

TEAM:

Selby/Paras
Male/level 13
— Scratch
— Stun Spore
— Leech Life
— Bullet Seed

Leena/Butterfree
Female/level 21
— Gust
— Sleep Powder
— Confusion
— Poisonpowder

emoxy
May 19th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Ghost should be rather fun.. :) Might considering doing one in the future.

I just beat the new Elite Four with my Bug team! The front four was easy, but Lance was incredibly hard to take down. Intimidate screws up my Ninjask setups, and their powerful attacks means that I could only set up Swords Dance once before Baton Passing (contrary to the front four where they used some status moves that allowed me to set up thrice, leading to incredibly easy sweeps). I have to give special mention to Farfetch'd because I forgot to deposit it.

Rocker (Armaldo) used Rock Blast! It's super effective!
Garchomp used Roar! (I was like, ****, Lighting's Baton Pass wasted.)
Cufly (Farfetch'd) was dragged out!
Garchomp used Outrage!
Cufly fainted!
Go, Fortress!

He managed to tank Outrage VERY well and retaliated with 2 Gyro Balls which put Garchomp to shame. :)

Another mention is STEALTH ROCK, it totally gave me a lot of damage boost to Lance's Pokemon (especially Charizard!) I had it learned by Rocker.

I think I'll drop Ash. Hail means I won't be able to setup like I did during E4.. ><

Legendarian Mistress
May 19th, 2010, 10:53 PM
I can get Water Pulse, Glare, Rock Smash, and Headbutt, so probably not very long, since I can get - I think - all of those by the third gym. But I'm done for the day, so yeah.

Rock Smash can be obtained by going west of Violet.

Little Brother
May 20th, 2010, 04:12 AM
aaaalrighty then, lemme update.

Started Journey with Totodile as HMSlave
grabbed an egg for Prof Elm
Fought my rival
returned to New Bark Town, reported the thief, and traded over my eggs in Violet City.
ran in circles like a mad man until they all hatched, and heard nurse joy saying mean things about me being crazy.
Began grinding straight from the start after dropping off totodile into PC from violet city.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/46/Spr_4h_147.png
Dratini: Male, Lvl 5. Nickname Glaedr

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/46/Spr_4h_147.png
Dratini: Female (first one ever YAY) Lvl 5, Nickname: Tiamat

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/02/Spr_4d_371.png
Bagon: Female (Woo) Currently Lvl 1, Nickname Bahamut.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1a/Spr_4d_328.png
Trapinch: Male (darn) Lvl 3, Nickname, Pilot

Hopefully at some point I'll catch a seadra for my team. This is gonna be hard from the beginning since Dratini has only wrap and leer :| ONWARD!!!

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 05:04 AM

That's my team =/

Idk if you want to count me or not I already beat it so I don't have updates or anything but i went through the entire game with just my Tauros so it's technically a solo and monotype challenge. Add me if you want if not then *shrugs* ok.

AvianAzure
Normal
Soul Silver

You did a solo run. Technically it's monotype but there's a challenge thread for that...

Sweed
May 20th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Dude, i am so inactive on this :/

I'll try to update later, kinda loosing interest....

DreJ1212
May 20th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Getting farther...

-Leveled up in the grass I left off in. Yanma and dratini got to lvl 30. Witnessed an awesome evolution of dratini. He is bigger, faster and stronger. He is Dragonair!
-Sent out Pidgeotto and used fly. Fly back to Olivine city.
-Went inside the gym. The trainers inside have a large respect for me since I gave Ampharos the Secret Potion, and they didn't bother me. I walked straight to Jasmine.

Gym Battle:
-Toughest gym battle yet. 2 Lvl 30 magnemites and a level 35 Steelix.
-I used dragonair and dragon rage to deal with the magnemites. They tried to paralyze dragonair with a swift thunder wave attack, but Dragonair shed his skin before their eyes, and he proceeded to Ko them with dragon rage.
-Steelix was a bit tough. I got 2 dragon rages off before Dragonair fainted.
-I switched to yanma to hit him with supersonic, and then I hit him with sonicboom. The reason I used sonicboom here was because I wanted to make sure Jasmine didn't use a full restore on Steelix.
-Steelix easily got a KO on yanma, yanma did her job well and deserves a good rest.
-I sent out Gyarados, one last dragon rage. Steelix faints. Jasmine hands me her gym badge. 6 down, 2 to go... in Johto at least.

-I flew back to Ecruteak city and headed to route 42. I surfed east and discovered Suicune. He ran away after he realized Eusine was stalking him.
-I went inside Mt. Mortar and explored. Fought all the trainers inside and got pretty decent exp. I exited and fought a few more trainers.
-Went into Mahogany town. This town looks really suspicious. There is a really odd tree next to one of the buildings. Proceeded to route 43, the lake of rage awaits!

Current Party

Pidgeotto Lvl 31
-Twister
-Sand Attack
-Fly
-Quick Attack

Crobat Lvl 31
-Wing Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Astonish
-Bite

Gyarados Lvl 31
-Splash(lol...)
-Twister
-Bite
-Dragon Rage

Dratini Lvl 31
-Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Twister
-Dragon Rage

Yanma lvl 31
-Shadow Ball
-SuperSonic
-Pursuit
-SonicBoom

Crocnaw
Hm Slave

Athprim
May 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Quick update before work. (K-mart rules my life. DX)

-Pokeathlon Stamina Course is a breeze. Only got one Metal Coat last night because it was so easy, I actually got bored with it.

-In the mean time, I decided to level a bit more and challenge the next few gyms.

-Scyther quickly disposed of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in Chuck's gym. Lemme show you how it goes....[Wing Attack * Technician Bonus * STAB = 135 if I'm not mistaken and bonuses stack.]

-Did the training in the Lighthouse. Met Jasmine, Surfed back to Cianwood (as I haven't picked a flier yet). Got SecretPotion, Cured Amphy, Went to Jasmine.

-Jasmine was a lot easier than I thought. SolidSnake took out both Magnemites with a Dig each, and Mr. T wasted Steelix.

-Lake of Rage, no pokeballs. Not a big deal though. I can get one another playthrough...lol

-Started Mahogany Town Rocket Hideout.

Tonight I will grind pokeathlon for second Metal Coat and hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get Scizor and Steelix.

Current Team
-------------
Neutron/MAGNEMITE (Lv. 29)
Mr. T/LUCARIO (Lv. 28)
SolidSnake/ONIX (Lv. 28)
Eddy/SCYTHER (Lv. 28)
Skipoper/PRINPLUP (Lv. 28)

I'm sooooo adding Beldum (After breeding of course) to my team when I get to Kanto and trade Steven.

TotoPacMan
May 20th, 2010, 03:00 PM
@Sam_Sam: maybe late, but why evolve the Scyther so early? it only learns wing attack as Scyther, and now...

Update:
-this is a big one. Beat Whitney (amazingly done in by Quagsy the Quagsire :))
-well, everyone's already dead, so walked(biked) through a couple of routes.
-killed off Sudowoodo for easy Exp.
-more people to kill. Those Wigglytuff/Clefable double battle girls hurt though T.T
-healed and went east
-watch where you're going you stupid... oh. well thx. Got HM 4, Strength.
-Decided to see the kimono girl.
-ah, it's pervy old team rocket. Great. T___T Goes down easy.
-got Hm 3 Surf! Taught to Quagsy in place of water gun.
-Morty the evil Shadow ball spammer. i'll get you...
-trained to Olivine. then trained in the lighthouse.
-got Good Rod! http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon10.gif
-started beating people, then got to Cianwood.
-That Poliwrath is POWERFUL. Took out the whole team.
-got secretpotion and left.
-went back and killed Morty.
-decided to go fishing.
-found Chinchou(sp?) first try. Captured. Bad ability though. Can't find another. oh well.
-trained a bit. Totopacgal (to be renamed) evolved into Feraligater!
-went to Mahogany for Turner's(chinchou) training.
-forgot to go get a shellder, so will probably edit this soon.

Team:

Totopacgal Lv.30
Rock Tomb
Crunch
Water Gun
Ice Fang

Turner Lv.24
Take Down
Water Gun
Confuse Ray
Spark

Pokey Lv.29
Confusion
Disable
Headbutt
Water Pulse

Quagsy Lv.29
Surf
Slam
Mud Bomb
Mud Shot

Soon to be: Big Mack the Shellder

Toxic Potato
May 20th, 2010, 03:18 PM
That's my team =/

Oh, I wasn't referring to you, I was just simply saying that I didn't want a Hoothoot or Rattata. :l Sorry.

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Oh, I wasn't referring to you, I was just simply saying that I didn't want a Hoothoot or Rattata. :l Sorry.

The damage is done. You're disqualified!
Nah I'm not serious
Please remove yourself...

Aquerex
May 20th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Little update.

I had the same situation as Toxic Potato:

I spent almost 45 minutes searching for Dunsparce in Dark Cave and finally found one.
Caught it and....Run Away!? OMG! >:(

I'm not even gonna try for a Dunsparce again until I get Rock Smash. Too much effort lol

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Breed it with a Ditto.

Dittos can be found in that route just south of Goldenrod, I believe it's Route 34...

Aquerex
May 20th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Breed it with a Ditto.

Dittos can be found in that route just south of Goldenrod, I believe it's Route 34...

Yeah, I will.

But for now, I'm still in Violet City without even one Gym Badge... :(

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 03:45 PM
What's your team gonna be man?

Aquerex
May 20th, 2010, 03:47 PM
What's your team gonna be man?

'O_O Haven't really thought about my future team.

Maybe:

Tauros
Ursaring
Togekiss
Fearow
Snorlax
Ambipom

Yeah, I think this is what my team will be.

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 03:50 PM

Maybe:

Tauros
Ursaring
Furret
Fearow
Snorlax
Ambipom

Nice, I like how many options we get with the normal type.

I'm doing:

Raticate
Noctowl
Tauros
Miltank
Granbull
Snorlax?<---not sure

Aquerex
May 20th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Actually, I might be replacing Furret with Togekiss. Togekiss is a lot cooler :)

Anyways, I just got the Zephyr Badge! Haha! TAKE THAT FALKNER!

Arcelio
May 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Maybe:

Tauros
Ursaring
Togekiss
Fearow
Snorlax
Ambipom

*SOB* That's so much like my old team! *SOB*

Stupid old ROM. I found a ****ing Dunsparce on the first try, and the game deleted the file, forcing me to start again.

P.S: EJ, I should be posting an update sometime this weekend. I like to keep everything in Microsoft Word before posting it here.

Aquerex
May 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM

Stupid old ROM. I found a ****ing Dunsparce on the first try, and the game deleted the file, forcing me to start again.

P.S: EJ, I should be posting an update sometime this weekend. I like to keep everything in Microsoft Word before posting it here.

Using Rock Smash on rocks in Dark Cave has a fairly high chance of you encountering a Dunsparce. Did you ever try doing that? Or were you just running around?

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Good, I'll update soon. I've been way too busy...

Toxic Potato
May 20th, 2010, 04:38 PM
The damage is done. You're disqualified!
Nah I'm not serious
Please remove yourself...

Surely you jest...? >_>

Well, I don't feel much motivation to play today, so I guess I'll just grind. (But I'll probably go ahead and fight Falkner anyways. I'm on the top floor of Sprout Tower, at the moment.)

I think it's safe to say that Dunsparce hates each individual in this thread.

You noticed the "Nah I'm not serious" in-between the two visible lines of text?

I didn't. :P

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM

Nohr
May 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM
So Just got an Abomasnow, and a Sneasel on my pokewalker, after a couple days of walking around with my pokewalker. Now, though, I can't decide between the two.

I'm leaning towards Sneasel, but I'm wondering, is Abomasnow a better choice then Cloyster?

Anyone?

.EJ
May 20th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Cloyster = physical wall
Abomasnow = 100% blizzard accuracy (hail)

@toxic potato: I can't tell sometimes when it comes to e-sarcasm =/

Nohr
May 20th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I think that I will stick with Sneasel and Cloyster. Abomasnow just has too many weaknesses for me. Not only that, but he doesnt really add much to the team, besides instant-hail.

Aquerex
May 20th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Little update again:

-Currently going through Union Cave

I dropped off Sentret in the PC, cuz I'm not going to be using it in my future team.
Now I just have Spearow to rely on for Bugsy....oh, boy.

Ace (Spearow) | Lv14
-Peck
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Fury Attack

I'm going to need to grind a little bit, cuz I'm pretty sure I cant take out Bugsy using only Peck...

Butterfree-Charizard
May 20th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Username:Butterfree-Charizard
Type:Bug
Version:Soul Silver
I can use an egg as a starter right?

Sam_Sam
May 20th, 2010, 05:53 PM
@Sam_Sam: maybe late, but why evolve the Scyther so early? it only learns wing attack as Scyther, and now...

Hi TotoPacMan, That never came to my mind :x It a bit too late for me now

emoxy
May 20th, 2010, 06:59 PM

This is really funny, haha.

Don't think so as there are bugs available at the start.

I really want to do a Normal monotype but I'm very lazy to start, haha.

Legendarian Mistress
May 20th, 2010, 07:04 PM
— Oh sh-! The rom just HAD to go and die! AARRGGHH!! Looks like I’m having similar problems to what Arcelio had. I was so close to getting a Parasect, too. Damn it! Keep me up with the Bugs, EJ, I’m gonna have another go. Hopefully, it won’t die again. And instead of updating one bit at a time, I’m gonna do massive updates, so I hope that’s okay.

Aquerex
May 20th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Ok, so my Togepi egg hatched, it's level 13 now.

Currently headbutting trees in Azalea looking for an Aipom.
What's funny is that I'm seeing so many Heracross and I haven't even seen an Aipom yet.
Is there a certain time of the day when Aipom can be encountered?

emoxy
May 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Ok, so my Togepi egg hatched, it's level 13 now.

Currently headbutting trees in Azalea looking for an Aipom.
What's funny is that I'm seeing so many Heracross and I haven't even seen an Aipom yet.
Is there a certain time of the day when Aipom can be encountered?

IIRC, you need to headbutt certain trees.
To quote from Drayano's guide, "return to Azalea Town and Headbutt the tree that is in the top left corner of the wall of trees that is behind the Pokemon Center. The first front tree that you can hit with Headbutt behind the center on the far left that is in the back row contains Heracross and Aipom. However, they will only be about Level 5.

Aquerex
May 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM
IIRC, you need to headbutt certain trees.
To quote from Drayano's guide, "return to Azalea Town and Headbutt the tree that is in the top left corner of the wall of trees that is behind the Pokemon Center. The first front tree that you can hit with Headbutt behind the center on the far left that is in the back row contains Heracross and Aipom. However, they will only be about Level 5.

Oh, ok, thanks.

So you can catch them any time of the day?

Legendarian Mistress
May 20th, 2010, 07:58 PM
To answer your question, Aquerex, yes.

Toxic Potato
May 20th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I need to stop slacking around. While I was grinding, I fell asleep while my DS was on, it died, and I lost a bit of progress, but it wasn't much, so it won't be hard to get back. I promise I'll stop being so lazy. :P I just dunno when. Hopefully very, very soon. Tomorrow I won't get anything done since I have a lot to do. Blargh.

Legendarian Mistress
May 20th, 2010, 10:02 PM
That's why I always charge mine after I've played for a while.

Toxic Potato
May 20th, 2010, 10:11 PM
That's why I always charge mine after I've played for a while.

I do too, but I didn't mean to fall asleep. :l

Legendarian Mistress
May 20th, 2010, 10:12 PM
So which Pokemon do you have now, TP?

Toxic Potato
May 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
So which Pokemon do you have now, TP?

Dunsparce and Pidgey, both a mere level 8. :l

Legendarian Mistress
May 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
What other Pokemon are you planning on capturing?

Toxic Potato
May 20th, 2010, 10:34 PM
What other Pokemon are you planning on capturing?

Haven't really thought about it. I do know I want a Wigglytuff, but I'll have to wait until I can find Jigglypuff, the earliest being in the Safari Zone, so I've still got quite a ways to go for that. Not to mention finding a Moon Stone.

Legendarian Mistress
May 20th, 2010, 10:36 PM
You'll be able to find a Moon Stone in the Ruins of Alph.

Ian Watkins
May 20th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hey, can you change my challenge to a steel one? Because I have already started that...

emoxy
May 20th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Woah, didn't know about the Moon Stone thing.

I really want to start a normal monotype, but so many people are doing it, it makes me lose interest.. ><
I'm playing an Emerald rush now (for fun because my brother's playing it too), now at the 7th gym. Started today LOL.

Sam_Sam
May 21st, 2010, 12:55 AM
Wow i spend hours catching the right nature Magnemite - it really waste a long of time on it . At least now i can play & Progress it during the weekend as i have 4 stable Pokemon in my team now :)

.EJ
May 21st, 2010, 03:33 AM

Only if your type is rare....bugs are not.

Well I played my normal challenge for a little while. It was
actually fun. I was training my miltank and I found another snubbull within 10 minutes of grass running. I caught it and it turned out to have a better nature than my previous snubbull.

I trained Tauros and Miltank to lvl 24. I brought snubbull to about 20 and headed into the Burned Tower. I defeated my rival again (quite easily) and then healed up and ran into the gym. Being as all the women in here were old hags I defeated them with Snubbull's bite. (Hurray for immunities!!) Once I made it to Morty, I defeated his first two pokemon with Snubbull. Once he sent out gengar I switched to Raticate. I used crunch and it knocked off a large chunk of health. However he used hypnosis and it landed. I switched out to Tauros and used payback. With Gengar down I knew the last Haunter would be easy so I sent out Snubbull. Haunter used curse and then Snubbull finished it off with just one bite. Snubbull made it to about lvl 21-22 or so. With his defeat, he conceded the badge.

I then heard a beautiful woman was being bothered so I, the defender of women, proceeded there. The team rocket member was dancing and harassing her. She wore a kimono so I will name her Kimono Girl. The grunt sent out Golbat quickly so I defeated it with Snubbull.

Some creepy old man gave me his HM03 surf. Gave it to totodile and know I'm on my way to Olivine where Snubbull evolved at 23. Mr. Granbull is my new powerhouse.

I'll add teh picz0rs l8r

emoxy
May 21st, 2010, 04:29 AM
Am I the only one who likes Kangashkan? My sole reason for wanting to do a normal run is because of Kangaskhan and probably Miltank.

.EJ
May 21st, 2010, 05:03 AM
Khangaskan is good too. I'm not sure where to get him.

emoxy
May 21st, 2010, 05:13 AM

AFAIK, Safari Zone Wasteland/Rock Tunnel (of course not there omg so late)

I like Kangaskhan because of OUTRAGE. OMG!! I didn't know he learns it until a few weeks ago.

Kurumi
May 21st, 2010, 05:22 AM
Okay,so I'll do another challenge!
Name:Kurumi
Type:Ghost
Game:HeartGold
I am in Union Cave right now.
My team is 4 Gastly,Totodile the HM Slave and Egg of Togepi(too lazy to drop it) I'll give detailed info about pokemon after beating the Bug-type Gym! See ya!

TotoPacMan
May 21st, 2010, 05:24 AM
i like kanghaskan(sp?). fun pokemon they be.

-i caught a new Chinchou. It has Volt Absorb http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon10.gif named Wifi, cuz of LANturn. eheheheh...
-trained a bit, then off to Mahogany
-went through the first floor of the rocket hideout.
-i totally forgot about shellder. went and caught one at New Bark Town. Named Big Mac.
-gave Big Mac the EXP. share. he's only Lv.20....
-took down the rest of the hideout.
-Gym time. everyone is getting killed by Wifi the Lanturn.:cool:
-Pryce was so easy. Wifi beat Seel and dewgong, with Ferana the Feraligatr taking out Piloswine
-Damn old people calling me... yeah yeah i'll stop them. again. damn team Rocket...
-first time through the radio tower. people's be dying left and right... we be killaaasss.
-all the explosions... how whazzizname keeps using those Koffing is going to get us killed.
-lost to him once. then came back with a vengence.
-took the key and went to the basement.
- i can't beat Failure. damn Meganium...
-currently in a massive grinding session. i think i'm ready.

gonna go fight my rival. soonish. you know, laziness. and i got sick and am not at school sooooo...
when should I evolve Big Mac into Cloyster? and when can I get a water stone? thx for the help.

Team:

Wifi Lv.34
Take Down
Bubblebeam
Confuse Ray
Spark

Pokey Lv.34
Zen Headbutt
Disable
Headbutt
Water Pulse

Quagsy Lv.35
Surf
Slam
Mud Bomb
Yawn

Ferana Lv.35
Rock Tomb
Crunch
Water Gun (needs to die >.<)
Ice Fang

Big Mac Lv.32
Supersonic
Aurora Beam
Protect
Clamp

.EJ
May 21st, 2010, 06:04 AM
AFAIK, Safari Zone Wasteland/Rock Tunnel (of course not there omg so late)

I like Kangaskhan because of OUTRAGE. OMG!! I didn't know he learns it until a few weeks ago.

I'm gonna get either Khangaskan/Clefable/Snorlax/ Vigoroth for my final team.

emoxy
May 21st, 2010, 06:25 AM
I'm trying very hard to guess TotoPacMan's pokemon based on their attacks.. Lanturn/Golduck/Quagsire/Feraligatr/Shellder?

I'm gonna get either Khangaskan/Clefable/Snorlax/ Vigoroth for my final team.

Haha, why not Slaking?
Clefable is good too, Meteor Mash is fun.

If your Shellder has Skill Link, you might want to pick up Spike Cannon (Cloyster) at Level 40. You'll miss out Ice Beam at 49 though. Or you can use a Heart Scale for both.
Cloyster's attack is higher though.

.EJ
May 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM
Slaking's ability craps it out.

TrilbyMenetti
May 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM

If you have access to the Pokewalker, Kangaskan is definitely available once you've walked around for a while on the first course.

.EJ
May 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Last I left off I was on my way to Olivine. Once I made it, I ran into Faquan the weird red-haired boy. He told me about the gym leader being in the lighthouse caring for a pokemon. At first I thought "How boring!" but then I checked around the town and I realized the gym leader is beautiful young woman. Instantly I sprinted to the top of the Lighthouse. Granbull and the rest of my team made quick work of all of them there. Once at the top I lost my breath...from both the stairs and how stunning this girl looked. I couldn't seem to talk to her but before I did, she told me about her sick Ampharos, "Amphy". She mentioned something about medicine but I was staring at her blankly. She muttered Cianwood City so I figured why not do this favor for her. Perhaps I'd get a date!

I run out and climb on top of Totodile, "LET'S GO!" I shouted as Totodile slowly dragged me across water. I battled the swimmers and proceeded forward. Once I made it to Cianwood I trained my team a bit against the Tentacools, Tentacruels and Mantines. I healed up and headed north where I saw none other than Suicune! Amazed, I just stood there while that odd man from before came at me. Eusine was his name, he challenged me for a battle to gain Suicune's respect. Quite frankly this is just unnatural to be so obsessed with a pokemon. Only reason I would challenge somebody else would be for a girl. Anyhoo I defeated him and healed up again.

Now to Chuck, the fighting gym leader. I was a little concerned about the type disadvantage but I managed somehow. Since my team is quite fast I managed to attack before they ever got to land huge hits. Granbull didn't do much here since he is too slow. Noctowl could have done more but I felt as though Tauros and Raticate had it under control. I defeated his Poliwrath and Primeape and then got my badge. Once I was outside, a middle-aged woman approached me. I tried having a conversation with her but she mentioned something about her husband so I knew she was off-limits. She did give me the HM02 Fly though so I taught it to Noctowl and flew to Goldenrod (after acquiring the secretpotion. I got here because I knew I needed preparation against the upcoming gym battle. She may be beautiful but I don't underestimate my opponents. Not only that but I want to impress this timid beauty.

Once I got back to Olivine I went inside the Lighthouse and gave the stunning girl the medicine. Amphy seemed extremely overjoyed and lit up the room. She left me alone up there but I believed she mentioned the gym. I went downstairs and inside the gym. The trainers there advised and told me hints. I proceeded towards her, Jasmine. (she told me her name!!) I started the battle and I knew Granbull was going to be brilliant here. Magnemite is sent out, I send out Granbull. I defeated it easily; the next magnemite came out, I switched to Tauros. I defeated it with a spam of horn attacks. Steelix was sent out, I sent out Snubbull again. I defeated Steelix in three turns. The beauty gave me a badge (I was expecting a phone #) I left disappointed but at least happy that I was successful in impressing her.

I healed the team again and went east of Ecruteak City where I crossed Mt. Mortar. Some random hiker fondled bumped into me. I threatened to sue but he gave me the HM for strength. (Yay for plea bargains!!) I taught it to Tauros and kept going forward. I made it across Mt. Mortar and into Mahogany Town. I headed north to the famed Lake of Rage for no reason. I guess I was bored. When I got there I spotted a RED MOTHERF#$^ING GYARADOS. I made totodile drag me there and I sent out Noctowl. I sent it to sleep and hurt it just enough for a successful capture! Happy with my capture, I headed south to Mahogany again where this man with a cape and a dragonite were observing. He told me to help him so I agreed. I healed my pokemon and went into the "gift shop". Dragonite tackled hyper beam'd a man and then Lance went downstairs. I followed him. Once inside we dispatched the grunts and even Petrel was no match for me. At the end we had to each defeat three Electrode's. It was kinda sad but it was for the greater pokegood!

Lance said I did good so I just kinda shrugged since I know I did sexily. I healed my pokemon and headed into the ice gym. I defeated the trainers and went all the way to the end. I faced off against Pryce and his tough ice team. I defeated Seel and Dewgong with Raticate and Tauros, respectively. Snubbull took care of Piloswine. Once that was done, I went outside where I received a call from Elm. He mentioned Goldenrod so that's my next destination.

Team:
Boss the Lonely Granbull, Level 32
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d7/210.png
-Headbutt
-Roar
-Bite
-Fire Blast

Rattaking the Jolly Raticate, Level 32
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8d/020.png
-Headbutt
-Crunch
-Quick Attack
-U-Turn

Toro the Jolly Tauros, Level 32
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/32/128.png
-Strength
-Zen Headbutt
-Payback
-Rest

Bessy the Lonely Miltank, Level 32
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/0b/241.png
-Body Slam
-Stomp
-Zen Headbutt
-Milk Drink

Buo the Naive Noctowl, Level 31
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c2/164.png
-Fly
-Confusion
-Hypnosis
-Shadow Ball

polkop
May 21st, 2010, 01:57 PM
Update on my Psychic challenge:
- I caught a Girafarig
- I trained my team
- I get my fourth badge easily (Thanks to Girafarig)
- I caught a Natu
- Natu evolved into Xatu
- I do some training for the fifth badge

My team:
Drowzee - Lv 25
- Headbutt
- Hypnosis
- Drain Punch
- Confusion

Girafarig - Lv 25
- Psybeam
- Baton Pass
- Strenght
- Agility

Slowpoke - Lv 25
- Confusion
- Yawn
- Headbutt
- Surf

Exeggcute - Lv 25
- Uproar
- Sleep Powder
- Poison Powder
- Leech Seed

Xatu - Lv 25
- Teleport
- U-turn
- Confuse Ray
- Pluck

Kadabra - Lv 26
- Charge Beam
- Psybeam
- Disable
- Shadow Ball

.EJ
May 21st, 2010, 02:11 PM
Lil quick update: I caught a lvl 17 kangaskhan at the Safari Zone. Most of them fled instantly but I finally got this Sassy one.

She's under training.

TotoPacMan
May 21st, 2010, 02:29 PM
I'm trying very hard to guess TotoPacMan's pokemon based on their attacks.. Lanturn/Golduck/Quagsire/Feraligatr/Shellder?

Whoops, sorry bout that. the team was Lanturn/Quagsire/Shellder/Slowbro/Feraligatr. now it's Lanturn/Quagsire/Cloyster/Slowbro/Feraligatr/Tentacruel.

Kurumi
May 21st, 2010, 02:30 PM
Normal types,IHATEUSOMUCH. Yeah,only move being able to hit Normal type Pokemon on my Haunter is Sucker Punch,which won't work everytime >_> He's 26 lvl and I need 28 for Payback...
I changed my mind and I'll update my team after Normal Gym together with plans of team.

Aquerex
May 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
Normal types,IHATEUSOMUCH.

WH-WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU!

No, jk, if you mean Whitney, I agree, she is really annoying.

UPDATE

-Went to Azalea Town where apparantly Team Rocket was cutting off Slowpoke tails. How lovely.
-Old Man Kurt chased after them and fell all the way down the well. Wow, I didn't think an old man could survive that much of a fall...
-Beat some guy named Proton who didn't have much higher levels than the Grunts.
-Went to the Gym and rode the spiders to freedom! Bugsy.
-'O_O Took out Bugsy's Scyther with one hit of Aerial Ace. WOW.
-Let my little Togepi take out Kakuna and Caterpie for experience.
-Went to Ilex Forest, helped some guy find Far and Fetch'd.
-Got Headbutt from some crazy guy hitting trees with his head.
-Found a female Aipom after searching a while.
-Ace (Spearow) evolved into Fearow.
-Beat all the trainers in the Goldenrod Tunnel with Tails (Aipom)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d0/Spr_4h_190_f.pngTails | Lv.14
Modest Nature
-Scratch
-Astonish
-Baton Pass
-Headbutt

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4e/Spr_4h_175.pngHappi | Lv.14
Mild Nature
-Sweet Kiss
-Headbutt
-Extrasensory
-Metronome

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d5/Spr_4h_022.pngAce | Lv.20
Modest Nature
-Aerial Ace
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Fury Attack

.EJ
May 21st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Goddammit. I had Khan up to lvl 31 and then my game froze (don't ask why). Now it's back to lvl 24...

Butterfree-Charizard
May 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
Well I Started out with catching a weedle had to train it to level 19 before I could beat falkner -.-
Well I hoping to get a heracross once I beat bugsy, He should be a bit easier.

TotoPacMan
May 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=3f8056d32f&view=att&th=128bd7d35a2353a7&attid=0.0&disp=thd&zw (https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=3f8056d32f&view=att&th=128bd7d35a2353a7&attid=0.0&disp=inline&zw)

Yeah. mmmmm hmmmmmm. (sorry bad quality taken on phone)

-went through the routes.
-easiest rival battle ever. TentaKILL knew poison jab, and meganium just kinda died.
-tried E4, lost.
-went grinding
-Tried E4 AGAIN, lost
-got pissed and grinded forever.
-it was like I nuked the place T_T the E4 just lost so badly.
-Easiest. Lance. EVER!!!! Big Mac (the Cloyster) one-shoted his Lv.50 Dragonite.
Ice Beam+Nevermeltice+4X power= all his dead dragonites. Wifi (@ magnet) took out Charizard and Gyarados, and Ferana(@ Mystic water) took out Aerodactal. they mostly beat them in one hit.

Team: (no pics not enough time)

Pokey/Slowbro Lv.48
@Twistedspoon
Zen Headbutt
Flamethrower
Avalanche
Slack Off

Wifi/Lanturn Lv.48
@Magnet
Ice Beam
BubbleBeam
Signal Beam
Thunderbolt

Ferana/Feraligatr Lv.49
@Mystic Water
Earthquake
Crunch
Hydro Cannon
Ice Fang

Big Mac/Cloyster Lv.47
@nevermeltice
Payback
Ice Beam
Spike Cannon
Clamp

TentaKILL/Tentacruel Lv.47
@black Sludge
Ice Beam
Poison Jab
BubbleBeam
Supersonic

Quagsy/Quagsire Lv.47
@Soft Sand
Surf
Strength
Earthquake
Yawn

Butterfree-Charizard
May 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM
[Insert slowpoke well story here] No point really going in to detail here, other than it wasn't tough because team rocket loves there poison types so beedrill owned them talked to kurt yada yada fastball optained.
After that I had a level 22 Beedrill took on bugsy he wasn't too much trouble, execpt scyther being flying and all but pursuit helped and so did potions. I managed a close win, but it's a big one because now I can use head butt to get my heracross. First I have to train the newest edition to my team Paras.

Team:
:t015:
Beedrill level 24
Toxic spikes
Focus energy
Twineedle
Pursuit

:t046:
Paras lvl 8
Scratch
Stun spore
Poison Powder

Really left out alot in the begining story line I will add more of that as I go through.

emoxy
May 21st, 2010, 05:56 PM
Lil quick update: I caught a lvl 17 kangaskhan at the Safari Zone. Most of them fled instantly but I finally got this Sassy one.

She's under training.

Yay! Sorry about your game though. Looking to see an update on it soon :D

Whoops, sorry bout that. the team was Lanturn/Quagsire/Shellder/Slowbro/Feraligatr. now it's Lanturn/Quagsire/Cloyster/Slowbro/Feraligatr/Tentacruel.

Normal types,IHATEUSOMUCH. Yeah,only move being able to hit Normal type Pokemon on my Haunter is Sucker Punch,which won't work everytime >_> He's 26 lvl and I need 28 for Payback...
I changed my mind and I'll update my team after Normal Gym together with plans of team.

I was about to say WTF also then I realised you mean Normal Gym. XD

[Insert slowpoke well story here] No point really going in to detail here, other than it wasn't tough because team rocket loves there poison types so beedrill owned them talked to kurt yada yada fastball optained.
After that I had a level 24 Beedrill took on bugsy he wasn't too much trouble, execpt scyther being flying and all but pursuit helped and so did potions. I managed a close win, but it's a big one because now I can use head butt to get my heracross. First I have to train the newest edition to my team Paras.

Really left out alot in the begining story line I will add more of that as I go through.

Your beedrill level is damn high for bugsy, sia.

Btw totopacman I can't see the picture.

Butterfree-Charizard
May 21st, 2010, 06:01 PM
Yay! Sorry about your game though. Looking to see an update on it soon :D

I was about to say WTF also then I realised you mean Normal Gym. XD

Your beedrill level is damn high for bugsy, sia.
Yea It was The only one I had and Trained it alot over the past two days. Being that it was the only one I Had I had too be really high for falkner.

Aquerex
May 21st, 2010, 06:42 PM
Training for Whitney now.

I'm really surprised by how strong Aipom is. It can take out Pokemon several levels higher than it in 1-3 hits of Headbutt.

Fearow is super strong at this point. SUPER STRONG. Several levels higher than all other Pokemon.

.EJ
May 21st, 2010, 07:34 PM
Emoxy, yeah I uuuhh slapped my DS thus it froze. Lmao >.>

DreJ1212
May 21st, 2010, 08:22 PM
Team Rocket fails(warning, long update)

-Fought the trainers on route 43, nothing too special here, except for the suspicious gate in the middle of the route. I decided not to go in there.
-Arrived at the lake of rage. There was crazy talk of a red gyarados in the lake. I investigated and found something moving around. It was really a red gyarados! It startled me so I killed it with my blue gyarados. What a strange pokemon, this lake didn't really seem normal either.
-Went back to shore and found a trainer named Lance. He had a dragonite following him around, I was jealous. What a show off. He asked me if I wanted to help him investigate the strange happenings going on, and I accepted.
-Went back to Mahogany town and went inside the house with the wierd tree next to it. Inside, Lance was commanding his dragonite to use hyper beam. I thought a hole would be blown into the wall. A secret passage was opened and we both went inside.
-There were strange persian statues. When I stepped in front of one, I was attacked by rocket members. I decided to leave these on so I could get more experience. Fought seemingly hundreds or rocket members and scientists. Yanma evolved into yanmega during this time.
-There was a voice activated door that could only be opened by the voice of a rocket executive I defeated. Luckily, his murkrow was imitating his voice, and I used it to open the door. I was ambushed by another rocket executive with a grunt. Lance joined me and helped me battle them. I noticed he had a level 40 dragonite. What a hacker.
-Lance and I had no choice but to make the electrode in the hideout faint. We split up the job and did this. The hideout was no longer functioning.
-I exited the hideout just to get a call from Professor elm. Something was up with goldenrod tower.
-I flew back to goldenrod tower, and noticed team rocket had taken it over. I went to the underground posing as a team rocket recruit and snagged a uniform.
-I attempted to go upstairs into the goldenrod tower, but Silver came out of nowhere and blew my cover, so I had to battle my way through.
-At the top I defeated the executive posing as the director and got the basement key. I went back to the underground.
-I met Silver again in the underground and sent his entire team to the hospital. Hey, he blew my cover earlier, its only fair. He started to wonder if he should treat his pokemon better. Well maybe he should, after all, they are going to the hospital now.
-I fought through the underground and saved the real director. While I was in the underground, Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot.
-I went back into the tower with my newly aquired key and fought my way to the VERY top.
-I defeated the rocket executive here, and team rocket finally left the johto region.
-Now that team rocket is finished, I went back to mahogany town and went east to the next route. I battled the trainers and headed into the ice cave...

Current Party

Pidgeot Lvl 36
-Twister
-Sand Attack
-Fly
-Quick Attack

Crobat Lvl 36
-Wing Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Astonish
-Bite

Gyarados Lvl 36
-Ice Fang
-Aqua Tail
-Bite
-Dragon Rage

Dragonair Lvl 36
-Slam(I will probably play voltorb flip a LOT to get thunderbolt)
-Thunder Wave
-Aqua Tail
-Dragon Rage

Yanmega lvl 35
-Shadow Ball
-Ancient Power
-Pursuit
-SonicBoom

Croconaw
Hm Slave

Nohr
May 21st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Time for a little update:

So, I have assembled my main team by catching a sneasel on my pokewalker, and I just beat the 8th gym leader, quite easily (Ice DOES own Dragons quite effectively)

I have a lot of grinding ahead of me, as I know I would not be able to take on the elite 4 just yet.

My team, as it currently stands...

Lapras, level 35 (Awesome at tanking hits, and it has body slam which compliments nicely. Not to mention my only current counter to water types and fire types)

Jynx, level 35 (My anti-fighting type, and an all-around problem solver)

Glaceon, Level 35 (My pure ice powerhouse. It has Hail, and with the ability it has it increases his evasiveness in a hailstorm...add that too 100% accuracy blizzard, and holding never melt ice....)

Shellder, level 26 (My physical tank-to-be, still needs raising before I evolve him to Cloyster. Not sure when I should. I got a water stone from the pokethlon. Any advice?)

Sneasel, level 17. (I am REALLY liking him so far. Fun pokemon to use. Is it okay if I transfer in a razor claw?)

Piloswine, level 33. (I caught a swinub on the ice path, hatched an egg from ditto, and raised this one from level 1. I want a mamoswine, but my swinub never knew Ancient Power...So far he has proven his worth, but raising swinub was a pain.)

I just have two quetsions I need some help with,

1. How do I get my Piloswine to know ancient power? The move tutor in blackthorn couldnt teach him it, when I brought a heartscale. Is it in the battle frontier?

2. When should I turn my shellder into a cloyster? Are there any moves worth waiting for?

Legendarian Mistress
May 21st, 2010, 10:03 PM
As for your second question, Nohr, wait until Shellder learns Ice Beam.

Shiari Xero
May 21st, 2010, 10:21 PM
Woo, large update :D

Trained in Route 32 for awhile. Got to, since most my moves cant damage normal types ¬¬
Finally got to a good enough level, i felt like it was time to knock Falkner down a few notches
I walk through his underlings, weak.. since none of their moves could hit me :D
Found Falkner sitting in back, i walk up and issue my challenge. He gets up explaining about his bird pokemon, and how he will prove their strength.
The battle begun, and Voodoo made quick work of his Pidgey.
Pidgeotto was more difficult...
-I switched out to Alptraum, to put less strain on my main attacker, Voodoo.
--Used Curse on Pidgeotto with Alptraum, then i used Spite (he was spammin gust) and Alptraum went down..
---Brought Voodoo out, and used Screech once, and he used Sand Attack, so on the next turn i used pursuit, and then with the added Curse damage, Pidgeotto finally went down!
After the fight, Falkner gave up the Zephyr Badge! WooT
I went out of the gym, feeling pretty good about myself. Then i got a call from Prof. Elm.. way to ruin the mood old dude.
Elm told me to go to the Pokemart to get the egg. i said whatever (guess he took that as "Sure"...)
But first my pokemon, i went to the Pokecenter and healed up, before trekkin over to the PM to get that darned egg.
Got the Egg, walked outside and saw a cute girl..sadly she seemed more interested in the damn egg than me.. I should just leave this by the river... ¬.¬'
i put the egg away and walk out to Route 36, thinking i could get a shortcut to Goldenrod, i really wanna go shoppin!
UGH! stupid $*()_*U#$ tree that wiggles! wait..wiggles? uhm it must of been the wind.. anyways this weird tree is blocking the way, so i cant get to goldenrod ='(
Oh well this wasnt a totally botched trip, i got the HM for Rock Smash from some dude.
Made my way through Route 32, kinda uneventful..
Got to Union Cave, and rested up at the Pokecenter outside before making my Trek through.
Union cave was easy, other than a few annoying trainers. Pesky Koffing D=
Finally got out of that darn cave.. boring dark and damp.. not fun
Oh...yay..its raining outside. I get to trade in boring, dark, and damp tunnel.. for a soaking wet run through the downpour.
Got out of the Route.. but im all wet >='( Stupid Anthony..
Made my way into Azalea Town, seen some dood get punched by a guy in black.. (hey i want a outfit like that >=D)
Went into town, passed by the PM and got some items, then went to Kurts house, I heard about him from some books, hes a legendary pokeball maker.
Kurt wouldnt make me ballz >=(
Instead he ran off to the well to fight the guys in black, so i figured i wanted some of the action and i run off after him.
I get into the well to find out.....Kurt fell down and cant get up..
Thanks, your alot of help Kurt..
I fight through the hordes (5 i think xD) of Team Rocket members that await me in this dark cave full of stupid pink non-shelled turtles..
I get to the head of the group. He looks intimidating, and he says he is the meanest and fiercest member of team rocket.
Beat him with ease.. =( maybe im too strong?...naaaah
TR ran off and me and Kurt went back into town, and he made me ballz.. finally!
I went to challenge the Gym leader in this town. Bugsy, heshe awaits in the back and i fight through all of the lackies to get to himher
I challenge Bugsy, and i tear through his team, the only pokemon proving to be a challenge was that pesky Scyther with U-Turn.
Woot got two badges! Way to go guiez!
I leave the gym and head out of town towards the Illex forest, when im confronted by Soul, and he challenges me. Same story as Bugsy, one pokemon out of three that proves alittle challenging (stupid Synthesis spam)
Illex forest was uneventful (stupid ducks.)
Same as Route 34. Nothing but a few trainers and some grinding.
I get to Goldenrod finally, and i feel like taking some time off. So i get Voodoo out (into the pokewalker) and i stroll down a Route (Winners Path)
I find a few pokemon and a few items, most dont mean much to me. But as im walking i see..
OH HELL YA! A Duskull!
I capture it and i head back to Goldenrod (turned off pokewalker, back to the game with those two)
Went to the Goldenrod name raters, and named Duskull "Skelenoir"
Went and started training Skelenoir.. its such a pain..
Felt like i was ready to battle the Gym leader of Goldenrod, but she wasnt there (wait its a girl!? really? YAY!)
I look around and i find her at Goldenrod Radio Tower, but shes preoccupied, and this pretty little attendant motioned me over and told me about this contest they were having. If i won i could get a Radio card installed in my Pokegear for free. Awesome, tunez.
I answer the mediocre "questions" and get my card, that catches the gym leaders attention and she tells me her name, Whitney. And explains she was stuck on the test (why are the good looking ones always dumb?) Then she ran back to the gym so i followed her. (I r ttly not stalker)
I battled through the Lackies like i have many times before, but its proving difficult.. most my moves cant damage them at all..
One girls Snubbel gives me hell with bite >=(
I finally get to Whitney, and i challenge her.
-Shuppet took out Clefairy easily
--Miltank Destroyed me while i tried to cut its attack with Will-o-whisp
---OHKO'd the rest of my team.. stupid..scrappy..ability..
Seeing as i needed ALOT more training, i headed out to train, and thats where i am currently
-Alptraum evolved! $&*%#$% AWESOME!

Badges:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/4a/Zephyr_Badge.png/40px-Zephyr_Badge.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/08/Hive_Badge.png/40px-Hive_Badge.png

Team:

Level 24
-Shadow Sneak
-Pursuit
-Headbutt
-Will-O-Wisp

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/93.png
Alptraum the Modest Haunter (M)
Level 25
-Shadow Punch
-Confuse Ray
-Night Shade
-Sucker Punch

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/355.png
Skelenoir the Bashful Duskull (M)
Level 13
-Foresight
-Night Shade
-Taunt (Via TM)
-Disable
(Duskull obtained Via Winners Path Pokewalker Route, holding a Reaper Cloth)

HM Slaves:

HM-slave the Totodile (M)
Level 8
-Cut
-Leer
-Water Gun
-Rage

Ian Watkins
May 22nd, 2010, 01:44 AM
I managed to solo Bugsy with just Moose! I ruined his strategy byhirting him with Iron Head til his Sitris berry activated, then kept roaring him away. ^_^

Team

Moose the Aron
Level 16

Headbutt
Iron Head
Iron Claw
Roar

She is pretty amazing! Can't wait til she evolves, she'll be a beast

Opal Fruits the Scizor
Level 16

False Swipe
Bullet Punch
Rock Smash
Pusuit

Obviously, thi guy is pretty amazing.

Billy-Bob the Prinplup
Level 16

Iron Claw
Tackle
Bubble
Growl

I honestly can't wait til he gets better moves.
Level

Sweed
May 22nd, 2010, 06:19 AM
I need to grind to level 45 for all my little Pokemon (levels 39-44).

Any suggestions?

Currently grinding on Victory Road. d:

.EJ
May 22nd, 2010, 06:20 AM
^just keep at it man. What do you have concerns with?

@nohr: what moves was he allowed to learn?

Sweed
May 22nd, 2010, 06:25 AM
^just keep at it man. What do you have concerns with?

@nohr: what moves was he allowed to learn?

Well I haven't been able to beat the first E4 because Quag gets killed and he's my heavy hitter :/

I think I'm gunna switch up my strategy a bit, try again.

Kurumi
May 22nd, 2010, 06:33 AM
Everything till Normal gym was easy.. GOD I HATE NORMAL TYPES!
The only moves my Haunter knew that could hit Normal types were Sucker Punch and Confuse Ray,although it's not direct damage. My Gastly with Curse came handy.
Now I am heading to Ecruteak City,we'll see Morty who's better Ghost-type trainer ^_^

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/93.pngTimid Haunter "Estgerius" level 28
Hypnosis (Gone for Shadow Ball)
Confuse Ray (Probably gone for Poison Jab)
Shadow Punch (Probably gone for Dream Eater)
Payback (YAY,will be replaced for Dark Pulse)
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/92.pngCareful Gastly "Deefalgar" level 15
Hypnosis
Night Shade
Confuse Ray
Curse
I've got big plans for Deefalgar,he'll be used as Poisoner/Burner/Sleeper/Curser (BRN+Curse anyone?)
His Moveset will be like:
Toxic
Curse
Will-o-wisp
Hypnosis
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/92.pngTimid Gastly "Ieepa" level 9
Hypnosis
Lick
Mean Look
Spite
I won't evolve it till about 43,she'll keep Mean Look and Hypnosis.
Her moveset will look like:
Hypnosis
Mean Look
Nightmare
Taunt/Embargo/Destiny Bond
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/92.pngCalm Gastly "Reefaut" level 4
Lick
Hypnosis
Plans? Dropping for Duskull/Shuppet/Shedinja

Totodile the HM slave with Cut.

Butterfree-Charizard
May 22nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
Trained paras a little, won't need to train Beedrill for a while, get though Ilex forest paras helps a kimono girl get out of he woods, now we leave too. so now I'm heading to goldenrod and I met lyra, and get her number as well as the numbers of her grandparents, so I can now use the daycare. I make it goldenrod and can now face Whitney. I'm not yet ready though I'm going back to route 34 to train paras, then back to the Ilex Forest to headbutt trees to see if I can get a heracross. Then it's saturday so I should check out the bug catching contest.

Team:
:t015:
Beedrill level 24 (very close to 25)
Toxic spikes
Focus energy
Twineedle
Pursuit

:t046:
Paras lvl 12
Scratch
Stun spore
headbutt
Cut

emoxy
May 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
I just have two quetsions I need some help with,

1. How do I get my Piloswine to know ancient power? The move tutor in blackthorn couldnt teach him it, when I brought a heartscale. Is it in the battle frontier?

2. When should I turn my shellder into a cloyster? Are there any moves worth waiting for?

1. By right, Heart Scale should let it learn Ancientpower..
2. If you don't care about Spike Cannon (Cloyster, Level 40) (you can only utilize it if you have Skill Link as your PokePower), then wait till Ice Beam (Shellder, Level 49).

Well I haven't been able to beat the first E4 because Quag gets killed and he's my heavy hitter :/

Might wanna try setting up Amnesia/Curse? And spam some potions. Haha.

I'll be doing a playthrough but without monotype challenge, as I want both Typhlosion (which I haven't been using for VERY long) and Kangaskhan.. But I don't think I'll start so soon as I'm back home and my desktop isn't with me. (That means HG/SS will run at a pitiful 50%? on my Vaio P) I'll think about what I want to play.

P/S: Kurumi, you have VERY cool pokes.

Kurumi
May 22nd, 2010, 07:31 AM
Emoxy,are You joking? T_T I rushed to Baoba so maybe he'll tell me about open Safari earlier... I want to get Misdreavus,Perish Song,Pain Split.. So awesome. Now I am back to Ecruteak.

emoxy
May 22nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Haha I just thought that someone who uses multiple of the same pokemon is cool.

Shiari Xero
May 22nd, 2010, 07:58 AM
Haha I just thought that someone who uses multiple of the same pokemon is cool.

Same here >.> I actually thought of it when i started my challenge. But i didnt, i imported a Shuppet :D

Mono-Species challenge... hmm sounds fun 8D

Toxic Potato
May 22nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
I decided that I'm gonna come back to the challenge in a few days. I know I have barely made progress, but I just don't feel like doing it at the moment. :\

.EJ
May 22nd, 2010, 09:58 AM

Didn't I tell you that Mamoswine would be your powerhouse?

Quagsire isn't meant to be a powerful pokemon man...he's cool-looking and awesome but he gets outclassed...

emoxy
May 22nd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Oh yeah, he has a Mamoswine.

And EJ you changed your profile pic. Holidays time?

.EJ
May 22nd, 2010, 06:59 PM
^Vacation time indeed

Also he never evolved his Piloswine...I think. Well anyways no updates today since I was busy and didn't feel like doing exactly what I did yesterday.

Arcelio
May 22nd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Day One

There's an old man in my room, and he's showing me a Marill. What the hell did I drink last night?
Am I a boy or a girl? You can't tell by just looking at me?! I'm a boy, *******.
Tell you my name? You can't even tell what gender I am when you're looking straight at me, and you want a name?! And besides that, who the hell are you, and how did you get in my house!?
Fine, I'll give you a name, if you promise to get the hell out of here. The name's Arcelio. It's Latin for 'altar to heaven'. There, I told you my name. Now leave, you near-sighted prick.
See me later? What does that mean!? Hey, don't walk away from me! I'm talking to you! Goddammit...
My bones! I'm shrinking! Dear God, somebody help me!
That was strangely arousing...
Checked my computer to make sure that the old man didn't mess with any of my...private files. Yeah.
Hey, I've got an e-mail from Lyra. It says 'I love POKéMON!'. Yeah, that's nice and all, but isn't that something you could have just told me in person? I mean, it's a three letter sentence. It probably took longer to type it out than it would have to just say it. Also, why just say 'I love POKéMON'? Are there people that wander around, screaming at the top of their lungs 'I hate POKéMON'?
Screw this, I'm just gonna relax and play some good, ole fashioned Super Mario Bros on my Nintendo Wii. Thank God for the Virtual Console.

*Two hours later*

http://otakunogamers.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/princess-is-in-another-castle.jpg

Yeah? Really? **** you too, Toad. Stupid damn princess getting kidnapped all the time. Not even Zelda gets caught this many damn times.
Got pissed and threw my Wii Remote (I will not call it a Wiimote) through my television. Just perfect. Now I've got no T.V., the princess is in another goddamn castle, and I've got nothing else planned today. Just freaking perfect. Might as well go downstairs for breakfast.
Hi, Mom. What do you mean, finally awake? Did you think I was dead?! ...You didn't even check up on me :(.
Lyra was here? And you didn't bother to wake me up at all? And Prof. Elm was looking for me? Did everyone think I was dead?
No Mom, I don't know where Prof. Elm's Lab is. Apparently, I lack the simple bodily function of turning my neck ever-so-slightly to the right and looking out a window. I blame the drugs.
Thanks for the stuff, Mom. Oh and...um...by the way...I broke the T.V. in my room with a Nintendo Wii Remote, so you'll have to buy a new one! Bye!
Just as I ran out and shut the door, I can hear my mother screaming at the discovery of yet another broken T.V. Hey, who's fault is it that Nintendo made such flimsy straps for their remotes?
Seeing as I don't have anything better to do, I figure that I might as well visit Prof. Elm and see what's up. Not like I can go home right now anyway, with my mother shrieking about broken T.V.s and taking it out of my allowance. Funny thing is, I haven't been allowed an allowance since I broke the Living Room T.V.
An odd Marill comes barreling right towards me. I didn't have much time to react as it crashed into me, so we both went sprawling to the ground. I was just barely picking myself off of the ground when Lyra shows up and takes her Marill somewhere else. I didn't even get so much as a 'Hello', let alone a 'Are you okay?'.
I walked, or rather, limped to Prof. Elm's Lab. While limping there, I noticed some strange red-haired kid skulking around the back. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that any time anyone is hiding behind a building, they plan on breaking in, or they're hiding from someone. So, me being the polite person that I am, go up to him and ask him just what the hell he thinks he's doing. He responded quite well at first.

Then he brutally and efficiently kicked my ass. Great, now my ribs just might be broken. And yet, even with me on the ground, crawling in pain, no one seems to make a move to help me. All this one girl keeps saying as she watches me writhe is 'I like your bag!'. That's great, but I'm having a little problem with internal bleeding here.
I crawl my way onto Elm's doorstep and manage to stand upright. It hurts like hell, and I think I can hear the cracking of my ribs, but I'll live (hopefully).
I walk into the Lab, wincing and panting with every breath. Note to self: Never pick a fight with that devil-haired bastard again. He can, and will, easily kick my ass and won't even bat an eyelash while doing it.
I manage to make it to Prof. Elm without collapsing. He asks me if I know anything about his research on Pokémon. I'm about to tell him 'No, I don't follow scientific ********', but he cuts me off before I can even get a single word off. He starts telling me how people used to walk around with their Pokémon, before the Poké Ball was created. Yeah, no ****, Prof. That's kind of freaking obvious. Seriously, who the hell paid you to find that out? If they're willing to pay for useless information like that, then I should be making millions right now.
He tells me that he's going to give me a Pokémon as part of a lab experiment. I'm tempted to tell him that I'm not some lab Ratatta, but the whole 'panting for breath' thing kind of stops me. He's offering a free Pokémon though, and it's not like I actually have to do anything. All I have to do is expertly lie, as I usually do, and everything'll turn out just fine. And even if it doesn't, what'll he do? Hit me? Please. I've got a Pokémon now. I'll just have it bite his face off and call it a day.

Right in the middle of this absolutely fascinating conversation, Prof. Elm gets an e-mail from a friend of his, one Mr. Pokémon. Okay, first off, no. There is no one called 'Mr. Pokémon' that hasn't had a name change. I don't care who you are. You are not named Mr. Pokémon. Second, it's rude to ask someone for a favor, and then walk off to read an e-mail right in the middle of the discussion, prick.
Okay, so I just found out that 'Mr. Pokémon' is, in layman's terms, a complete psychopath that lacks the ability to shut up about anything rare that he finds. He is the equivalent of a 'PLEASE ROB ME' sign, but with audio.
So now Prof. Elm wants me to go get an Egg for him from Mr. Pokémon. So what, now I'm a delivery-boy? I don't remember agreeing to this in the first place...
Meh, might as well do this little errand. Besides, if I do this, Prof. Elm will owe me one. And, worst come to worst, at least I can have a free omelet, as well as a free Pokémon.
Walked up to the Poké Ball Containment Machine, and nabbed the Pokémon that looked like a complete badass, a crocodile. Well, actually, his name is Totodile, but he's still a killer croc.
While trying to leave, and still clutching my damaged ribs, one of the Lab Aides hands me five Potions. That's kind of awesome, but what the hell am I supposed to do with these?
Pokémon are weak in the beginning? So why don't you just wait for them to become stronger, and then start training them? It just makes more sense that way.
I left Elm's Lab, only to be greeted by none other than Lyra. Yeah, real convenient for you to show up now, after I've already gotten my ass handed to me. Lyra suggests that I show my Totodile to my mother. Eh, maybe tomorrow morning, if she's finally gotten over the whole 'He broke another T.V.!' thing.

Well, it's already dark out, so I'm going back home. Mom should have calmed down by now, and if not, I can just sneak in through the window. Today was definitely one weird day.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9e/HGSS_Hibiki.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5f/HibikiChallenge.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/45/HGSS_Hibiki_Pok%C3%A9thlon_Jersey.png

Name: Arcelio
Poké Dollars: 3000
Badges: N/A
Pokémon: 1
Poké Dex: N/A

Current Team

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/158-m.png

Name: Totodile/Totodile
Nature: Timid
Level: 5
Attacks: Scratch|Leer

Day Two

After a week of being grounded for breaking another television, Mom still refuses tolet me go and run that errand that Prof. Elm wanted. I finally decided to just sneak out of the house and go do it anyway.

That red-haired kid is still standing there...in the same exact position...for an entire week.
After nearly making a perfect getaway out of town, this chick starts hassling me about whether or not I brought my Pokégear. I tell her yes, just to get her to shut up, but she didn't buy it. She practically orders me to go back home and get my Pokégear. Great, now I have to sneak back into my own house.
Snuck in through an upstairs window, went downstairs, and managed to fast-talk my mother into giving me back my Pokégear. I slyly mention the fact that Prof. Elm wanted me to do a favor for him, which is somehow convinces my mother that it's an important favor, which is enough for her to let me out of the house. It's probably a good thing too, since my Totodile's been chewing up all the furniture in my room...

My mother must think I'm really slow, if she's explaining the intricacies of using my Pokégear to make a phone call. You dial the numbers, press the call button, and wait for the other person to pick up. This isn't high-tech stuff, Mom.
Prof. Elm comes bursting through his Lab door, screaming for me to wait. Dude, I've been waiting for an entire week to get the hell out of this boring town. I ain't stopping just because you said so. So, I immediately start running to Route 29.

I didn't get far before he caught up with me. Apparently, all he wanted to do was give me his phone number, which is really creepy. Does he hand out his phone number to all the young boys he sends out on errands? He'll call me if anything comes up? I really hope that isn't some innuendo of his.
He quickly shuffled back to his Lab, and I started my walk on Route 29. It feels good to be out of that drab town. Now, I'll just walk through that talk grass, make my way to Cherrygrove City, and everything will be just fi-...
HOLY ****, IT'S A BIRD! Totodile, destroy it!
Well that was kind of fun. Was that a Pokémon Battle? I could definitely get used to those. Totodile seems pretty happy about his victory too.
Some kid in a backwards hat gave me some decent, if not obvious, advice. He basically told me that, if my Pokémon are weak, to avoid battling. I swear, you'd think that much would be obvious.
Found some guy that's waiting for a Pokémon that only appears at night. Must be a nocturnal Pokémon.
Goddammit. Can't I walk somewhere without being accosted by complete and utter strangers? Now this old man is trying to, and I quote, "teach me a few things". If that isn't code for "I'm a pedophile", then I honestly don't know what is.
Great, now old pedophiles are insulting me for the fact that I don't like to run everywhere. Now he's offering to go as slow as possible, another innuendo. I can't even have Totodile use Scratch attack, since we got all worn out fighting all those brown pigeons. Damn birds weakened my only self-defense. I should start carrying mace for these kinds of situations.
Okay, the old man gave me some useful information, like the info on the Pokémon Center and Pokémon Mart, as well as the info on Route 30. I'm still not going to go into his house though, I don't give a damn what gift he's got for me.
Really? Old shoes? Who doesn't want old shoes as a gift, right? Now he wants to tell me they're brand new. I better see some receipts, old man. After all the pedophilia innuendos, leading me to your house, and trying to pawn off old shoes, I want some proof to believe anything you say.
Okay, after checking the shoes, I found out that they are indeed new. Now I just have to deal with these weird instructions. Press 'B' to run? What is this, some kind of video game? How am I supposed to press the 'B' button!?
Found out there's a 'B' button on the left side of both soles of the shoes. That's just a weird concept, but whatever.
Using my new 'Running Shoes', I sped off towards the Pokémon Center. Totodile needs some major healing, after the brutal cans of whoop-ass it opened on those birds.
The nurse told me to come back anytime, which is kind of nice to hear that they're open 24/7. I thought she would say something morbid like 'We hope to see you again'. But that's just silly, right?
I don't really need to buy anything at the moment, so I took off for Route 30.
Oh crap, it's the pedophile again. Can't you leave me alone for five goddamn minutes!?
He "loaded' his "map card" into my "Pokégear", or at least, he tried to. Totodile swiftly kicked his old ass though.
Damn it, more birds. This is getting seriously freaking annoying now. I'm putting all these birds on the extinction list.
Found a stray Potion lying on the ground. Finders keepers, losers...well, the losers wouldn't mind, because they probably haven't even figured out that they lost it yet.
Entered the first house I saw. Mr. Pokémon should be in here...
Nope, just another odd guy, living in a small house, that gives away free stuff. You would think, after all the pedophiles I've encountered, I'd be a bit more wary entering unknown houses.
Trekked back to the Pokémon Center. It's way too late to go to Mr. Pokémon's house. I'll go tomorrow.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9e/HGSS_Hibiki.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5f/HibikiChallenge.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/45/HGSS_Hibiki_Pok%C3%A9thlon_Jersey.png

Name: Arcelio
Poké Dollars: 3000
Badges: N/A
Pokémon: 1
Poké Dex: N/A

Current Team

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/158-m.png

Name: Totodile/Totodile
Nature: Timid
Level: 8
Attacks: Scratch|Leer|Water Gun

emoxy
May 22nd, 2010, 08:55 PM
I'm always amused at how the instructions of a SHOE tells you to press the B button.

Sweed
May 23rd, 2010, 06:44 AM
ALRIGHTY! I beat the E4 and Lance, currently on the SS Fast or whatever, on my way to Kanto!!

Manny/Piloswine
Male/Lvl. 42
- Icy Wind
- Ice Shard
- Strength
- Earthquake

Totally amazing in the E4. For the most part killed most of Lance's team.

Dune/Nidoking
Male/Lvl. 43
- Iron Tail
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Rock Smash

The only thing he was good for was TS and death fodder. Might drop him when I get a decent replacement.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/33/195.png
Flounder/Quagsire
Female/lvl. 46
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Amnesia
- Yawn

I love this thing(: She killed most of the E4 and I NEVER thought Yawn would be so useful.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e6/076.png
Grimwald/Golem
Male/lvl. 45
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Throw
- Explosion

Awesomely useful. Rock Throw killed Lance's Gyarados. And Double-Edge was a good hitter.

Badges: 8

.EJ
May 23rd, 2010, 09:21 AM
^Don't forget, after the 16 badges, you gotta beat Red.

New rule addition. Well newish, I set that up several days ago.

Kurumi
May 23rd, 2010, 10:07 AM
Poison Jab? Forget it! Sludge Bomb is a lot better for my Haunter. First,it's Special-type attack (Sp.Atk yay) and I can get it A LOT FASTER. Just in seconds.
I am the best Ghost Trainer out there. Really. Steel? Fighting? Yeah,go back to Your playground,Haunter is here,You are not here!

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/93.pngTimid Haunter "Estgerius" Level 41
Dream Eater (Seriously,I've got a PLANT.)
Shadow Ball (Kudos for awesome STAB move?)
Thunderbolt (Got tired of those damn Normal-types.)
Confuse Ray (Insert Sludge Bomb here.)
I LOVE YOU HAUNTER. Sweeps everything on it's way. Outspeeds,pwns and all.
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/92.pngCareful Gastly "Deefalgar" Level 20
Confuse Ray
Hypnosis
Night Shade
Curse
Big plans,small pocket. Or progress.
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/92.pngTimid Gastly "Ieepa" Level 10
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite
Mean Look
Probably will be replaced... But not now.
http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/200.pngModest Misdreavus "Suffering" Level 17
Astonish (Shadow Ball)
Confuse Ray (Pain Split)
Psywave (Perish Song)
Spite (Power Gem?)
Newest team member. Plans plans.
Plus.
'Delivery the Farfetch'd Fly.
Teethie the Totodile Cut and Surf.

Shiari Xero
May 23rd, 2010, 11:38 AM
Update timez

Grinded some on Route 35, then went back to challenge Whitney.
='( She beat me.. %($_# it
Seeing as only Sucker punch from Alptraum, and Headbutt/Pursuit from Voodoo can damage Miltank..
I figured out a plan, so i run to the pokemon center and i trade Alptraum with a friend, and he trades it back, as a Gengar! WooT
When i got Alptraum back, i get a TM out of my bag, one i got from Celadon Dept. Store, and i use it on Alptraum. Focus Blast
I decide to challenge Whitney again, and i easily down her Clefairy with Voodoo, like every time before. Then when Miltank comes out i use will-o-wisp, and burn her
Stupid $*_#ing Lum berry
She downs Voodoo with a stomp, and i sent out Alptraum.
I OHKO her with Focus Blast >.>
Damn that was easy =D
After beating her, she starts crying..
._.
i run out so i wont have to deal with it, and then a girl stops me. Im about to explain it wasnt me, but she says she always does this... o----kay then
I go back and she gives me her badge and a tm for attract
I go out of the gym and i run to the PC to heal up
I head north after paying a visit to the bicycle shop and the flower shop to get a squirtbottle
I kill that stupid tree from earlier, called Suddowoodo or something like that, weird ass pokemon.
I head north to Ecruteak, downing everyone as i go
I arrive in Ecruteak and figure i need to get some training, so i head back down to Route 36 and start training again, and thats where i am.

Badges:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/4a/Zephyr_Badge.png/40px-Zephyr_Badge.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/08/Hive_Badge.png/40px-Hive_Badge.png http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/a/a7/Plain_Badge.png/40px-Plain_Badge.png

Team:
Level 28
-Shadow Sneak
-Faint Attack
-Headbutt
-Will-O-Wisp

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/94.png
Alptraum, The Modest Gengar (M)
Level 26
-Shadow Punch (Getting Replaced with Thunderbolt)
-Confuse Ray
-Focus Blast
-Sucker Punch

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/dp/355.png
Skelenoir The Bashful Duskull (M)
Level 15
-Payback
-Astonish
-Taunt
-Disable

HM Slaves:

HM-slave the Totodile (M)
Level 8
-Cut
-Leer
-Water Gun
-Rage

Kurumi
May 23rd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Shiari,You don't need Dark-type moves on every Ghost. Ghost is good versus Psychic and Ghost,same goes for Dark and Dark vs Dark = 0.5 dmg. There's no point in keeping Dark-type moves on every pokemon. I'd like to have Gengar too T_T I'll get my first Fighting moves on Ghost pokemon when I'll get Sableye >_>

Shiari Xero
May 23rd, 2010, 12:21 PM
I know Kurumi, but atm, i have no TMs that would work with them, And all they keep learning is ghost and dark type moves T_T Im planning to do Voltorb Flip to get Thunderbolt (hate that game sooo much) But i plan to have much more diversity in my movesets soon

Kurumi
May 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Well I'd loose Sucker Punch for Thunderbolt and Shadow Punch for Shadow Ball,but that's only my opinion ;)

.EJ
May 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
The shadow ball tm is obtained after Morty's defeat.

Shiari just beat Whitney...so that's still a little away.

That or train until 33...

Kurumi
May 23rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
This game is so easy so far. I fear Kimono's Umbreon and that Dark E4 ... Haunter level 50 while the game is at Radio Tower crysis.

Shiari Xero
May 23rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Im actually training for Morty atm, just wanna get Duskull up there. Im thinking of this as my current teams moveset:
Alptraum (Gengar):
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain or Psychic (leaning Towards Psychic)

Skelenoir (Fully evolved Dusknoir):
I actually have two full sets i may use for him
First one:
Ice Punch
Fire Punch
Shadow Sneak
Earthquake
Second:
Toxic
Shadow Sneak
Protect/Taunt
Confuse Ray

And for Voodoo (evolved into Banette):
Shadow Claw (For STAB)
Faint Attack
Return
??? <=(Havent Chosen Yet.)

Any Suggestions?

.EJ
May 23rd, 2010, 03:54 PM
A Dusknoir I suggest would be "Pain split, will-o-wisp, shadow punch, brick break"

However that's more for competitive play, not in-game play so idk...

Mew396
May 23rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
I think it might be a little late but I think I'll try too

Name:Mew396
Type:GRASS

Sweed
May 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
- Beat the SS Fast boat of doom
- Ran into Eusine again...he's scaring me now
- Totally wiped the floor with Lt. Surge (I loved killing this Gym lol)
- Ran north to Saffron
- Currently going through the gym, dunno how I'm gunna do...

Manny/Piloswine
Male/Lvl. 45
- Icy Wind
- Ice Shard
- Strength
- Earthquake

Dune/Nidoking
Male/Lvl. 45
- Iron Tail
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Rock Smashhttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/33/195.png
Flounder/Quagsire
Female/lvl. 46
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Amnesia
- Yawnhttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e6/076.png
Grimwald/Golem
Male/lvl. 46
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Throw
- Explosion

Badges: 9

Aquerex
May 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
-Beat Whitney after 3 tries. Stupid Miltank...
-Made my way to Ecruteak City and beat Silver in the Burnt Tower.
-Destroying trainers on the way to Olivine currently.
(Morty is going to be so easy. Normal type + Shadow Claw FTW!)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d0/Spr_4h_190_f.pngTails | Lv21
-Tickle
-Shadow Claw
-Baton Pass
-Headbutt

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d5/Spr_4h_022.pngAce | Lv21
-Aerial Ace
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Fury Attack

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/a5/Spr_4h_176.pngHappi | Lv21
-Sweet Kiss
-Headbutt
-Extrasensory
-Yawn

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/65/Spr_4h_234.pngHunter | Lv17
-Leer
-Astonish
-Hypnosis
-Stomp

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/aa/Spr_4h_128.pngCharger | Lv13
-Surf
-Rage
-Horn Attack
-Scary Face

polkop
May 23rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
- I get my fifth badge
- I healed Ampharos
- I get my sixth badge
- Drowzee evolve into Hypno
- I beated Team Rocket in Magohany town
- I beated Team Rocket in Goldenrod City
- I'm doing pokeathlon to get enough point to buy a Leaf Stone

My team:
Exeggcute - Lv 34
- Uproar
- Confusion
- Poison Powder
- Leech Seed

Hypno - Lv 34
- Headbut
- Hypnosis
- Drain Punch
- Psybeam

Girafarig - Lv 34
- Psybeam
- Assurance
- Strenght
- Iron Tail

Xatu - Lv 34
- Fly
- U-turn
- Wish
- Pluck

Alakazam - Lv 35
- Charge Beam
- Psybeam
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Slowpoke - Lv 35
- Zen Headbutt
- Headbutt
- Yawn
- Surf

Sam_Sam
May 23rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Over the Weekend - I have clear 1st 8 badges & reached E4 area :)

Currently training my Steel Team in preparation for E4 - just a small updates below & will continue my updates in Game Log when i free

My Steel Team

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/375.png
Metang (Steel / Psychic) Lv 43 Zen Headbutt / Iron Head / Bullet Punch / Pursuit

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/208.png
Steelix (Steel / Ground) Lv 41 Iron Tail / Rock Throw / Curse / Earthquake

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/212.png
Scizor (Steel / Bug) Lv 42 X-Scissor / Wing Attack / Metal Claw / Pursuit

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/82.png
Magneton (Steel / Electric) Lv 42 Discharge / Magnet Bomb / Thunder Wave / Supersonic

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af261/wosh1sam/227.png
Skarmory (Steel / Flying) Lv 42 Fly / Steel Wing / Slash / Stealth Rock

Currently, My Team have lot of problem with Fire Type - so i have to get a Rock/Steel or Water/Steel for the last slot of my team.

Felt free to add any comment on the team thx :)

.EJ
May 23rd, 2010, 07:08 PM
I think it might be a little late but I think I'll try too

Name:Mew396
Type:GRASS

Late? How so ?

Mew396
May 23rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
Late? How so ?

I saw that this was started on April 16th which is why I thought I was late. Thanks for letting me join and here's my first update

Grass Challenge Update 1
-Started in New Bark Town with Chikorita
-Worked my way through the beginning sequence of the game
-Battled a few trainers on Route 31 with Chikorita and caught myself a Bellsprout!
-Went into the Dark Cave to train Bellsprout a bit
-SLOWLY cleared the Sprout Tower with only Chikorita
-Chikorita evolves into Bayleef!
-Had an EPIC battle against Falkner and won the Zephyrbadge!
-Currently:Headed for the Azalea gym

My Team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e2/Spr_4h_153.png
Bayleef lv 17
Tackle
Synthesis
Razor Leaf
Poison Powder

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e9/Spr_3e_069.gif
Bellsprout lv 10
Vine Whip
Growth

Badges:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4a/Zephyr_Badge.png

Athprim
May 23rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Sorry guys. It's been a busy weekend. (Between my job and my son that is.)

So lets see, where am I?...hmmmm...

-Breezed through rocket hideout. Poison gets boned by Steel.
-Price was easy enough. Can't remember how I beat him, or who with.
-Oh yeah! Before I beat Pryce, I finally evolved my Scyther and Onix!
-Got that forsaken phone call. Started the walk to Goldenrod.
-Had the realization that "I needed to pick out my second HM Slave, and soon!"
-Tossed Team Rocket out the window. Oh yeah, that guy with the red hair showed up too. I think he needs a vacation. (From getting trashed by me, that is)
-Started the journey BACK to Mahogany (I NEED a flier!!!! :[ )
-Fought everyone and everything on the way to Blackthorn.
-Have gotten thrashed by Clair SO MANY TIMES!!!!! This is honestly the most trouble I've had. I lost to Falkner a few times, but no one else.

So, what I'm learning is:
-Fire Blast wrecks me. It really wrecks me. Except for Empoleon.
-Even though Steelix learns Dragonbreath, his SP. ATK is extremely low, making it absolutely useless.
-I really need to find my Pokewalker. Beldum is in it and I need one now!

Current Team
-------------
Skipper/EMPOLEON (Lv. 36)
115/77/80/89/78/51
-Surf
-Avalanche
-Metal Claw
-Hydro Cannon

Mr. T/LUCARIO (Lv. 35)
97/93/68/97/56/74
-Strength (Will be unlearning as soon as not useful)
-Force Palm
-Shadow Ball
-Swords Dance

SolidSnake/STEELIX (Lv. 35)
107/69/155/46/57/39
-Dragonbreath (-sadface-)
-Dig
-Rock Throw
-Screech

Eddy/SCIZOR (Lv. 35)
97/103/85/53/78/48
-U-Turn
-Wing Attack
-Slash
-False Swipe

Neutron/MAGNETON (Lv. 35)
86/54/71/97/58/64
-ThunderShock
-Thunder Wave
-Supersonic
-Magnet Bomb

emoxy
May 23rd, 2010, 07:47 PM
What, no Focus Blast for Gengars?

Sam_Sam
May 23rd, 2010, 11:19 PM
Guess he hate the low Accurancy of Focus Blast :X

.EJ
May 24th, 2010, 03:20 AM
@mew396: Oh that doesn't matter. People can join at any time they want, just as long as they tell me so I can add them/update list/etc.

Sweed
May 24th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Quick question for .EJ, how do you think my team will fare against Sabrina?

Shiari Xero
May 24th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Guess he hate the low Accurancy of Focus Blast :X

hm The low accuracy and low amount of PP is really annoying, but i have been considering replacing giga drain/psychic with it.

Idk who else im going to be adding to my team. I know i will have this by the E4 though:
Gengar
Banette
Dusknoir
Misdrevus

Any suggestions for post-E4?

Kurumi
May 24th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Shedinja can take 4 pokemons of Red by itself :X Though You'd need to remove Hail.
Sableye.

polkop
May 24th, 2010, 09:37 AM
- I get a Leaf Stone
- Exeggcute evolved into Exeggutor
- Slowpoke evolved into Slowking
- I get my eighth badge
- I beat the kimono girl
- I beat Lugia
- I passed the Victory Road
- I'm training my team to take the challenge of the Elite 4

My team:
Hypno - Lv 36
- Nigthmare
- Hypnosis
- Drain Punch
- Psybeam

Girafarig - Lv 36
- Psybeam
- Assurance
- Strenght
- Return

Xatu - Lv 37
- Fly
- U-turn
- Night Shade
- Psycho Shift

Exeggutor - Lv 37
- Wood Hammer
- Confusion
- Poison Powder
- Leech Seed

Slowking - Lv 37
- Zen Headbutt
- Yawn
- Power Gem
- Surf

Alakazam - Lv 40
- Charge Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

TrilbyMenetti
May 24th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I started it late tonight and it's now 1:15 in the morning, which means I should get to bed, but not before a lengthy first part:

Part I - And Now For Something Completely Different

I started my adventure, as per usual with dreams of becoming the greatest Grass trainer ever. With only one starter in mind, I go out and get him from the friendly neighbourhood professor, Elm (what is with Pokemon professors and tree names?) So with my male Chikorita, Chico, I begin my journey, even with irritating Lyra (worst. character. ever.), a grumpy rival, an obviously bored mother at home and Elm interrupting me as well as his aid.

So on my way to complete the Mr Pokemon (poor guy must've got bullied at school) sidequest, not to mention meeting Professor Oak, I train up Chicko slowly. In time, he does become more powerful and he's at a healthy and respectable level eight when the grumpy rival decides to battle me with his starter (I can already sense troubles in the future with it later on in the game). I beat him easily without worrying and return to Elm having a panic attack.

The policeman thought I was responsible (dick, he was okay in the original games), but Lyra saves me and I'm embarrassed and annoyed, yet thankful she told them I was a good boy. I name the rival, Silver, because I couldn't think of anything else, give Elm the Mystery Egg and move on. Of course, not without saying goodbye to mother first, which would be harsh and I have her save me money.

Lyra gives a pointless tutorial on catching Pokemon (stupid ***** and her obsessive jumping and stupid Marill) and we move on.

Nothing much happens apart from beating some trainers, catching a female Bellsprout (nicknamed Gynoecious), raising it and Chico in preperation for the Sprout Tower. Not too hard, just tedious.

After doing that, I decided to evolve Chico, before I took on the Gym Leader and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Once evolved, I took my two team members to battle Falkner. Despite worrying about the type disadvantage, it was fine and I won easily.

So, as of now:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/153.png
Chico the Bayleef
Lv. 16

- Tackle
- Synthesis
- Razor Leaf
- Poison Powder
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/69.png
Gynoecious the Bellsprout
Lv. 12

- Vine Whip
- Growth
- Wrap
- N/A

I apologise for not updating much on my quest, but I haven't had time to play it recently and I'd rather update after each Gym Leader. More coming soon this week hopefully.

Kurumi
May 24th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Hey .EJ,I'll have 2 HM slaves and HO-OH in my party just for a second,because I've got a hole in my team so it'll get in there :X I'll drop it as fast as I can I promise.

Sora247_2009
May 24th, 2010, 12:13 PM
OK, I signed up for a fighting challenge, but that never really worked, and it turned into a Poliwrath solo challenge. So, I'm gonna start a new monotype, but I'm not sure which. Here are my choices, so please tell me which to do;

Electric
Flying
Normal
Bug

The first post after this gets to pick out of those 4.

Aquerex
May 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Sora247_2009: Electric Flying Normal Bug
Normal includes most Flying types, anyway. With Normal, you have many Pokemon to chose from for a unique team, and they learn a wide variety of moves. Ex. Togepi = Extrasensory, Stantler = TM Shadow Ball.

UPDATE
Just beat Morty. Seriously the easiest Gym Leader ever.

Tauros's Pursuit took out his Gastly and first Haunter.
Togetic took out Gengar without any damage.
Aipom beat the last Haunter.

HAHAHA! Exp. Share here I come!
TEAM IS IN SIG.

EDIT!: HOLY ****! RANDOM ENTEI ENCOUNTER! throwing fast ball....
1...2...3....CLICK!!!!! OMG!!! HOLY!!! SDOFMGB!!!
Ahem.
Too bad I can't actually use it. But it's nice to have the feeling of catching a ledgendary.

Mew396
May 24th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Grass Challenge Update 2
-After defeating Falkner in a Gym where I had the type disadvantage I headed to Route 32
-Bellsprout got in some good training here especially in the bridge area with the fisherman
-After clearing out this short route I hit the Union Cave where my Pokemon had fun against all the hikers
-Made my way out of the Union Cave onto Route 33 and saw some old guy arguing with some guy dressed in all black with an "R" on his uniform
-Made it to Azalea Town and met up with Kurt who tells me Team Rocket has returned and is up to no good in the Slowpoke Well
-We head to the Well to find a few weak Rocket Grunts who Bellsprout and Bayleef destroyed
-Battled the Rocket Exec. Proton
-Left the Well and headed to the Azalea Gym
-Defeated all the trainers in the gym easily but it was a different story when I met the gym leader, Bugsy
-On the third rematch, Bugsy's Scyther U-Turns and OHKO's Bellsprout after Bellsprouts Stun Spore hits its mark.
-Bayleef to the rescue! Bayleef easily KO's the Metapod and Kakuna.
-After being immobilized by Paralysis, Bayleef defeats Scyther and I earn the Hive Badge!
-Left the Gym healed up and surprisingly crushed my Rival(Despite him having Quilava)
-Went to the Ilex Forest and helped some loser find his Bosses Farfetched.
-Bayleef learns Headbutt!
-After helping a Kimono Girl Escape the forest I head for the exit myself
-I get on Route 34, headbutt a few trees and find myself an Exeggcute!
-Currently:Training Exeggcute and getting ready for Goldenrod City

My Team

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e2/Spr_4h_153.pngBayleef Lv 23/Headbutt,Synthesis,Magical Leaf,PoisonPowder

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e9/Spr_3e_069.gif Bellsprout Lv 17/Vine Whip,Growth,Stun Spore,Cut

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/2/2b/Spr_3e_102.gif Exeggcute Lv 10/Barrage,Uproar,Hypnosis,Reflect

Badges:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4a/Zephyr_Badge.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/08/Hive_Badge.png