PDA

View Full Version : Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

chaos11011
June 6th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I really like your team Polkop, good luck with Red. =]

hehe arcelio always makes me laugh.
You didn't mention anything about me :(

Any ways I'm currently uploading Whitney's battle but wait there's more I have another camera with better quality.So yeah when I'm done uploading I'll edit this post and put the vid or if someone posts after this I'll put it in another Post with my Team

.EJ
June 6th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I'm giving her words of encouragement and I really like her team. It's so good and the movesets are sweet. lol

All you have is two people at the moment =P

chaos11011
June 6th, 2010, 01:39 PM
True True.I have the whitney battle and I'm in the process of uploading the Morty and Rival battle (3 videos in all >.>) Team Next time cause I cant be Bothered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmYI0H3qROg

PalkiaSpace
June 6th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Grrr... I'd love to do this, but I'm already doing a playthrough of SS and have a beaten HG, and I can't trade my stuff over to SS so I can't use my HG...

.EJ
June 6th, 2010, 05:15 PM
You could always trade over to D/P/Pt if you got 'em.

Sam_Sam
June 6th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hi, I starting a 2nd challenge on Dark type. Just to double check i will be able to transfer 2 egg from the start right since Dark type is not widely avaible at the start

Arcelio
June 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Well, I'm back for Part 2 of my Sunday update. Sorry it's a bit later than expect. I sort of...passed out in the middle of the afternoon. How, don't ask me.

Now it's finally nighttime, that Pokemon will show up. I just know it! I made a beeline for Route 32 and began walking through the tall grass. It's just gotta be here...

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-1-24.png?t=1275875184
Yeah! Wooper, Wooper, Wooper! It has finally arriv---

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-1-25.png?t=1275875505
But. but....what the hell!? WHY!? LEAVE ME ALONE YOU ****ING SNAKE!

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-1-26.png?t=1275875581
Wait....wut?

And that concludes today's update. Yeah, you waited almost twelve hours for me to catch a Wooper.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/and0h/trollface.jpg
Problem, Pokecommunity?

.EJ
June 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Two dark eggs is cool.

I too hated fighting ekans. That's why I laugh so much hahaha xD

KnilShadowLink
June 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hehe I love to exploit game mechanics...

* I walked back to Newbark Town and gave my mother all of my money.
* Made it back to Ecruteak City, and deposited all but one of my pokemon. I then challenged Morty, defeated his Gastly, and first Haunter, then purposly lost to his Gengar to gain easy exp :p and repeated this over again for my team (Excluding Thresh and Clove. Thresh because he only had Night Shade, and Clove because of her Rivalry ability, which halves her attack when fighting male pokemon.)
* I had to go to the Burned Tower to train Thresh up to level 29 (He learned Shadow Ball, and I finally let him evolve.)
* I then had to go to Route 38 to train Clove.
* Finally challenged Morty...Thresh 1HKOed his entire team.
* Saved in the Pokemon Center.

Ehh sorry nothing too interesting has happened, but training took up most of my spare time today...

My current team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1e/Spr_4h_015.png
Tracker - Level 30
Pursuit
Toxic Spikes
Bug Bite
Twineedle

Jacker - Level 30
Pursuit
Toxic Spikes
Bug Bite
Twineedle

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/64/Spr_4h_093.png
Thresh - Level 31
Shadow Ball
Curse
Night Shade
Hypnosis

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5a/Spr_4h_169.png
Rue - Level 30
Bite
Confuse Ray
Return
Wing Attack

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/56/Spr_4h_033.png
Cato - Level 30
Horn Attack
Shadow Claw
Focus Energy
Double Kick

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1e/Spr_4h_030.png
Clove - Level 30
Bite
Attract
Tail Whip
Double Kick

HM SLAVES ;
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/00/PinRS158.gif
Tribute - Level 10

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/18/PinRS074.gif
Tribute - Level 10

emoxy
June 6th, 2010, 09:19 PM
HELLO PEOPLE IM BACK! Didn't have internet access yesterday, hence the lack of updates.

Remember I'm like an encyclopedia yo. 'Sides, Dewgong did whatever lapras would do for my team.

Plus I was too lazy to actually look for it on friday/cheat time.

@emoxy: reminds you of killerbee? You stupid idiot... =P

Hehe I also read bulbapedia quite a bit but I think I missed the safari zone part. And is there supposed to be a link at the idiot part o.o cos I can't see it. ><

Alright, thanks for the tip .EJ ;D

Alright, i got my final team in mind.
Forretress
Butterfree
Scizor
Ariados
Heracross
Pinsir

Hows it sound?

You have insanely powerful attacking pokes. Lol. Must get Bullet Punch on Scizor!

And speaking about my bug challenge, I realised I forgot to use Masquerain - a Bug/Flying that does Hydro Pump/Ice Beam! OMG. Could've made my life against Fire-types so much easier. Now I totally regret not using it -.-

Well Emoxy was right ater defeating the Elite 4 my game went to the Title Screen.I would ask for Champion title but thats not Fair I suppose so Now I'm thinking which type i should choose before I restart for good.(I mainly did this chalenge to see if you could get passed the E4 without savong but this was fun)

Ouch I'm so sorry to hear that.

I could take out Butterfree later on for Venomoth, since Venomoth is better in almost every stat.. But inside the Johto-Dex, most bugs are Pysically oriented so yea =\ But i got the best available in the Johto-dex so i hope they do good

Compoundeyes would be useful @ Sleep Powder, but Venomoth carries more damage output. I didn't replace Butterfree by Venomoth because of that.

Hey anyone wants to hear something halarious?I wsa going to trade my egg so I stepped one step to walk up to the trade place and the Egg Hatches >.> Now I have to make a new Piplup egg.

Lol! That totally sucks. I'm on emulator so I guess I can't feel the pain of eggs.

And Arcelio I totally laughed out at your Ekans part. Keep up the good updates :D

I stumbled upon the Dark type Pokemon list a few days ago, and it totally made me want to do the Dark challenge. Gosh. I am so undecisive.. Let me think about it first. No updates yet..

And I'll be away in vacation for the next 3 days, so I think I'm gonna have to read TONS of updates from everyone when I come back. ><

chaos11011
June 7th, 2010, 05:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N11r7JvNK1w Rival at the Burnt Tower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NUZl_C9HT8&feature=channel Morty's Gym Trainers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5tbT2eV7po&feature=channel Morty

I'm going to hold on to playing the actual game and posting my team or a while because i need to upload Chuck,Jasmine,Eusine,and the Red Gyrados today and for some reason it takes an hour to upload so once i catch up I'll continue the run.

emoxy
June 7th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Heh lucky waking up you have there against the Nightmare Haunter.
And why didn't you switch to Lucario when your Scizor was dying? Just wondering.

chaos11011
June 7th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Heh lucky waking up you have there against the Nightmare Haunter.
And why didn't you switch to Lucario when your Scizor was dying? Just wondering.
I wanted to heal.But I had the idea not to right before i was gonna heal.

emoxy
June 7th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Haha I always try to make sure none of my Pokemon die, that's why I guess sometimes my Pokemon tend to be a bit overleveled.. ><

chaos11011
June 7th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Ya I used to do that to but after Wifi battling alot I tend to leave my pokemon in to die to scout and stuff.

Lol even though I said I wasnt gonna play I record me trading Magneton to evolve it and stuff.

Kurumi
June 7th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Can I get my Eggs after retrieving Starter? Nosgba is being rude and crashes >_<

.EJ
June 7th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Eggs are only obtainable as soon as you can trade.

Nah emoxy, there's no link. I was just quoting killerbee. Lol

redsaber5859
June 7th, 2010, 01:30 PM
redsaber5859
ground
HG (Japanese version)

OKEY!
im entering!! ill use ground types got it?
btw can i trade my shiny flygon?

ok! i finally started my monotype ground challenge!
my starter will be totodile til i go get a geodude or somthing
see ya later!

emoxy
June 7th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Ya I used to do that to but after Wifi battling alot I tend to leave my pokemon in to die to scout and stuff.

Lol even though I said I wasnt gonna play I record me trading Magneton to evolve it and stuff.

Haha in game different mah.. Need the boosted experience. XD

Can I get my Eggs after retrieving Starter? Nosgba is being rude and crashes >_<

You probably should do that because everyone that's not emulating does the same thing.

Haha lol, the previous chapters were all not too bad.

Haha lol, the previous chapters were all not too bad.

XD

redsaber5859
June 7th, 2010, 05:08 PM
update of redsabers ground journey!

*ok, I CANT READ JAPENESE! SHUT UP OAK!! AND MR. POKEMON
*lyra just gave me 5 balls, and showed me how to use them. is lyra a pervert? the world may never know...
*catching my first pokemon for my team, geodude... i used a ball on him
*heading to violet city, where there is more japenese! what joy! :(

the jap version is HARD, especially for monotype!

*my geodude finally level 9, got rid of my starter.
*heading to violet AGAIN because a bell sprout scored critical!!!!
More japenese stuff!!!
*don't know if saving!!!!!
*that's all!

.EJ
June 7th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Don't laugh at my double post! Lmao

Keep it up guys, you all seem to be doing well in your challenges. I haven't looked for my card today since it was my graduation and I was just relaxing. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

redsaber5859
June 7th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Ej, will you put me up on the competitors thingy?

.EJ
June 7th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Yes of course, I though it was already done. My bad

*Updates*

EDIT: No to flygon. There's really no reason for me to explain that; check the rules.

redsaber5859
June 7th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Lol, Ty ej.

Died in sprout tower AGAIN after geodude was ohkoing everything till one survived and of course, critical hit vine whipped my ass.
bulbapedia says there are wooper south of here, I can't find a damn wooper
more japenese
I swear, is there any ground type around here?

Okey, my curent team:
geodude lv. 13

That's all for today

Sh.it shi.t Fu.ck

Didn't hold down fuc.king up b select'!!!!!!! Need to ****ing restart'!!!!

FU.CK. This fuc.king sucks lyras balls!!!!!!

LeeBee
June 8th, 2010, 05:54 AM
I'd like to sign up for this |・ω・`)
Username: LeeBee
Type: Ghost
Version: SoulSilver

Would I be able to trade over an egg or two for this, or would that be against the rules for ghost as Gastly is available fairly early on?

.EJ
June 8th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Trade one egg, and capture a gastly. =]

LeeBee
June 8th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Will do!
Now.. which Ghost to decide on... Maybe Drifloon? ε-(´・`) it strikes me as a pretty good option for the early game, as it actually has a few non ghost attacks early on (well.. constrict, and then Gust- which will of course be lovely against Bugsy!) that will be a great help against the army of normals that seem to be prominent near the start of the game, and a total nuisance for low level ghosts that learn little other than Ghost moves to begin with.

Is breeding egg moves on to it okay, or would that be against the rules? (・_・?)
Ah, scrap that question; Found the answer in the thread earlier "Yeah, you can breed for egg moves. I did it for Sneasel and Ice punch."

redsaber5859
June 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM
morning!
well, finally restarted jp hg AGAIN, got to azalea town
ignoring kurt, went back to union cave and caught myself a sandshrew
LOOKING FOR AN ONIX 1 IN 20 CHANCE!!! CANT READ JP MOVES SO USED MAGNITUDE ON ACCIDENT!!!
no bellsprouts ohkoed me this time :)
only time i lost when starter vs rival, let myself lose

forgot * whoops! also forgot bullets!
STILL NO ONIX

my current team,

geodude, lv. 18 nickname,
WAOAHH INTERUPTION, FOUND A LV. SIX ONIX!!!! NOT USING MAGNITUDE THIS TIME!!!
in the red hp...
premier ball didnt catch it, awwwwwww
ANOTHER premier ball didnt catch it, time for great ball!
BROKE OUT OF GREAT BALL WITHOUT A WIGGLE
18 pokeballs to go
STILL in japenese
onix is pissing me off
shoot! it was so close too!
dammit
AHGGGG!!!!!
wait for it, he broke out!
its like kyogre all over again
once, twice, three times! DAMMIT
onix=evil
tackled him! did nothing!
SHOOT IT WAS SO CLOSE TOO
argggg almost had it
no wiggles
tackled him, again
FINALLY CAUGHT THE ONIX!

back to my team,
geodude - geodude in japenese lv. 18

Onix - 0NIx lv. 6

Sandshrew - Sandy lv. 7

holy shiz, another onix, can we have 2?

Bruno™
June 8th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I'd like to give this challenge a try ! :D
I'll be doing it on heart Gold w/ Ground types .

redsaber5859
June 8th, 2010, 12:01 PM
COPIER! i like ground
a. Flygon
b. mudkip

LeeBee
June 8th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Okay, my Ghost type 'Challenge' begins.. although, who could call using the most wonderful Pokemon type a challenge? ヾ(´・ω・`)

Picked the Female trainer and named her 'Peggy' (after Peggy Giggles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Candy_Spooky_Theater) - If you know who that is, you totally deserve a cookie! ♥)
"Peggy is an awkward, lonely girl that spends much of her time playing with a broken doll-her only friend before Ethan moved to New Bark town. Her mother was always very doting, however Peggy seemed cold, almost careless toward her. All that she seemed to show any real affection for was her ugly doll, always at her side, seeming to have a wicked smile upon it's lips..."

Picked Totodile as my starter.

Met and named my rival "Silver". (because I'm lazy!)
Did everything up to 'returning to New bark town', 'continuing on my journey' and gaining the ability to trade Pokemon!
*Wipes brow* Phew! Thank goodness that's over!
Peggy bumps in to a woman that hands her a small grey egg...
"Peggy looked up at the woman, a tall creature with an awkward elegance about her. A slight smile touching her lips, perhaps a smirk more than any sort of welcome greeting. She held out her long, gloved hand, glancing down at Peggy's Totodile with a look of disdain, "Here.." She handed Peggy a small grey egg that seemed to move more than the girl was comfortable with, "..I have a feeling this Pokemon would serve you better." Peggy didn't know what to say, her usually frosty expression seemed to curl into one of confusion. "W-what do you mean?" Peggy caught her breath, holding the egg tight to her chest. The mysterious woman looked away, shaking her head, "Give me Totodile, and you'll soon find out." She turned a glance to the egg and snorted a pained half laugh, shaking her head once more. Peggy took one quick look to Totodile, nodding firmly before looking to the woman, "O-okay..." and with that Tototdile, and the unusual woman were gone, Peggy was left with nothing more than the moonlight and the strange, throbbing egg for comfort."
Basically, I traded Totodile away for my egg, after having caught a Pidgey (which now lives in my box..)
After getting my egg, I continued to run around (As I had already got it to the 'It's almost hatching stage'..) until it hatched in to my 'Starter'.
The Egg hatched...!
"Peggy paced the floral streets of Cherrygrove, she couldn't sleep wondering what would happen to Totodile. As cold as she came across, Peggy had a warmer heart than many would give her credit for. She finally sat down, sighing deeply, placing the throbbing egg on the ground. She held up her companion, the doll she was given as a baby. It's broken, misshapen face seemed to give an eerie glow in the moonlight, judging her earlier descision to trade her Pokemon, the first Pokemon she had ever been given, the first Pokemon that seemed to genuinly have any interest in her, away. She looked to the egg, glancing away quickly. From the corner of her eye, 'Is it hatching?!' Peggy took her hand to her mouth, stifling a gasp as the egg began to crack. As the cracks became bigger, deeper in the grey orb she clutched her doll to her chest as an awful, beautiful tone came from the egg. Peggy closed her eyes, her knuckles turning white as she clutched the doll tighter still. Time seemed to stop still. After what seemed like a lifetime, Peggy peeped an eye open, and then the other. Before her, comfortingly giggling and rubbing it's long, ethereal locks against her arm in an affectionate greeting, and unusual Pokemon she had never seen before..."W-who are you?" Peggy squeeked, the Pokemon simply answered "..Misdreavus?"

Current Team
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/57/KotoneChallenge.png
Unusual Lass Peggy
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f5/Spr_4h_200.png
Misdreavus, Level 1
Growl
Psywave

redsaber5859
June 8th, 2010, 12:40 PM
midday

onix fainted on my way to the day care
lovely, the girl who gave me balls is here
her gramps thinks shes my gf? no way. not in a million years
awwww we dont get the shiny egg....
nothin else really, well wait, wtf is an old lady doing trapped in a counter, i dont see any doors!
Lyra how could you!
STOP SPEAKING IN ****IN JAPENESE
finally, dont get close to me Lyra!

my current team:

onix lv. 12

sandshrew lv. 8

geodude lv. 22

i almost have a graveler take that rival

chaos11011
June 8th, 2010, 12:55 PM
No updates or videos in a while im moving out of Florida and to brazil :/ so ya see you guys when i come back

redsaber5859
June 8th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Just rollouted whiteney's pokemon, take that miltank
Omg the game corner has slots in the jp version!!!!
1 more level till I have a graveler!!!!!

Team
Geodude lv. 24
Sandshrew lv.9
Onix lv. 13

.EJ
June 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM
That's a giant move. Are you Brazilian by any chance?

Everybody else seems to be doing great.
Keep it up.

Shiari Xero
June 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry for the sudden dissapearance. Ive put the challenge on hold for a few days while i get my Nuzlocke run going. Ill start updating soon =D

Arcelio
June 8th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Just so everyone knows, the last Wooper that I caught, I kind of...forgot to save. Whoops? I caught another Wooper though, so I'll try and make it seem like I didn't screw up. Just play along, and pretend like it's always been female.

Well, last time, you saw my epic capturing of a Wooper (which was ruined by a damn Ekans). What you guys didn't see was my nicknaming skills. Wooper's nickname will be revealed at the end. That's just more incentive to read the whole thing, right?

Me and my team took a quick trip to the Pokemon Center, then to Dark Cave. Rock-type Pokemon are easy-pickings for Wooper's Water Gun attack, so leveling up should be easy.
I got the whole team up to Level 16, with a few trips between Dark Cave and Violet City's Pokemon Center. Now, before challenging Faulkner, I'm gonna go see the sights, namely, that gigantic freaking tower. I mean seriously, is there a reason as to why it's so unnecessarily large?
Okay, am I seriously supposed to believe that a Bellsprout, a living, breathing Pokemon, became a pillar? Man, those cult fanatics must have put some good drugs in this city's water supply.
Wooper got Paralyzed when some stupid Gastly used Lick attack on her. I took her to the Pokemon Center, got her healed up, and we went straight back to Sprout Tower.
After going down the ladder on the second floor, I found a Paralyz Heal. That means that we didn't have to walk all the way back to the Pokemon Center...Gastly, you are officially more dead then every single Ekans that has ever crossed our paths.

That's about it for today. Once again, sorry for the short update. I'm just really short on time these days.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f6/HGSS_Ethan.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5f/HibikiChallenge.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/45/HGSS_Hibiki_Pok%C3%A9thlon_Jersey.png

Name: Arcelio
Poké Dollars: 3659
Badges: 0
Pokédex: 014 Seen, 002 Obtained

Current Team

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/158-m.png

Name: Totodile/Totodile
Nature: Timid
Level: 16
Attacks: Scratch|Leer|Water Gun|Bite

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ca/Spr_4h_194_f.png

Name: Herp Derp/Wooper
Nature: Bashful
Level: 16
Attacks: Water Gun|Slam|Mud Sport|Tail Whip

Yeah, I named her Herp Derp. I feel kind of bad now...:(.

Cardwell74
June 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I can't force myself to play any challenge at the moment. Gonna do a fun, relaxed play through to try and get back into it. I might come back, but I'm using my SoulSilver for this 'fun run', so you can remove me from this challenge

redsaber5859
June 8th, 2010, 09:11 PM
That's a giant move. Are you Brazilian by any chance?

Everybody else seems to be doing great.
Keep it up.

lol, me? no im american

just bought some coins, now im broke more anoying japanese... heading up intothe national park... just pwned a picknicker with my sandshrew! cameron took my pic, i look awesome with ground types just killed some weak girls boyfriend in the national park!

my current team: same as last post

KnilShadowLink
June 9th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Ahhh sorry that I haven't posted in awhile :3 Lot's of stuff happened though...Oh and I'm going to try and be a bit more creative from now on.

* After retracing my steps and searching for hidden items with my new Dowsing Machine I decided to travel to Olivine.
* On the way to Olivine I met an old man babbling about how he was an owner of a Safari Zone, and he wanted to give me his number...I can't be the only one who thinks that it's wrong for an old man to exchange phone numbers with a young boy...
* Stopped in the Miltank ranch, and nursed the sick Miltank back to health with oran berries.
* After buying some MooMooMilk I said my goodbyes to the simple ranchers and made my way to Olivine.
* Once I reached the city I met up with my rival, and had learned that Jasmine was off at the lighthouse tending to a sick pokemon.
* I finally decided to go after the missing gym-leader.
* I got to the lighthouse, and fought my way to the top. Once I reached the top I met the gym leader. I then decidided to go to Cinawood to get the SecretPotion.
* I had to brave the rough sea to get the the city, but I made it.
* Once I got there I caught a glimpse of the legendary pokemon, Suicune...It dashed away right before my eyes. Once it was gone I was aproched by Eusine, who then challenged my to a battle...Thresh destroyed his team.
* I walked around a bit, and finally found the pharmacy.
* Once I got the medicine I decided to challenge the gym.
* Chuck was no match for Rue...

Ehh sorry to end it here, but I gotta go. I'll finish later.

My current team:

Tracker - Level 34

Pursuit
Toxic Spikes
Bug Bite
Twineedle
Jacker - Level 34

Pursuit
Toxic Spikes
Bug Bite
Twineedle
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/64/Spr_4h_093.png
Thresh - Level 37

Shadow Ball
Hypnosis
Night Shade
Curse
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5a/Spr_4h_169.png
Rue - Level 37

Bite
Confuse Ray
Return
Wing Attack
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/56/Spr_4h_033.png
Cato - Level 37

Horn Attack
Shadow Claw
Focus Energy
Double Kick
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1e/Spr_4h_030.png
Clove - 37

Bite
Attract
Tail Whip
Double Kick

I know what you're probably thinking...no I'm not overleveled...I just don't have time to finish updating...

Nohr
June 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I've been really busy the past few days with work, so I haven't been playing as much as I used to. But I did take a first whack at Kanto, before battling my little brother with my Ice-team.

I lost, but he had a level 54 Charizard, and a Level 55 Lugia.

I did take out Sabrina, easily, with my Weavile and my Jynx. I'll update more as I get further, but my team's pretty solid as it is.

Weavile Level 45
Faint Attack
Dark Slash
Avalanche
Metal Claw

:t124: Jynx Level 45
Blizzard
Psychic
Focus Blast
Sing

Glaceon Level 44
Blizzard
Hail
Ice Beam
Ice Fang

Mamoswine level 44
Earthquake
Ancient Power (wanting to replace this with rockslide, if possible. Any suggestions?)
Avalanche
Strength

:t091:Cloyster Level 45
Surf
Blizzard
Supersonic
Clamp

:t131: Lapras Level 45 (My tank)
Waterfall
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Ice beam

redsaber5859
June 9th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Hi!
well, I'm gonna play in a sec but look at my signature! its not perfect but it'll work for now.
GROUND TYPE CHALLENGE

went to sudowoodo, without a squirtbottle... going back to goldenrod, UHGGG is it just me or did i see lucas's mom in the terminal between saffron and that small route? squirtbottle! that i cant read!!! gonna catcha soodowoodo, then put in a box whoa, an evil psychic EVOLUTION TO GRAVELER why do i never go to a pokemon center? gravelers my last gut... lol, dumbass abra using leer and teleport LOL a nerd is gonna fight me! what joy i waz killed by a nerd cuz i didnt heal...

LeeBee
June 9th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Haven't had all that much time to get on Pokemon today, so it'll be a pretty short, uneventful update this evening 。゜(>д<)゜。

After a fairly short walk, arrived in Violet City.
"Peggy and her newly acquired Misdreavus took to the road, unable to sleep or settle for the night due to the stream of emotions running through her head. She couldn't take her eyes off the levitating Pokemon at her side, conflicting emotions as to the Eerie woman's earlier words, "..I have a feeling this Pokemon would serve you better." What exactly did she mean? As her feet took her away from the small town, grass brushed against her side. Peggy hardly took any notice, the tiny, floating Pokemon seemed just as puzzled as her Trainer, new to the world and unsure of the life that she had in front of her. The grass seemed to grow taller, Peggy glanced quickly upward, stumbling in to a young boy with a fairly self assured Rattata at his side. Peggy paused, glancing quickly down to Misdreavus..."
Climbed Sprout Tower, and recieved TM Flash from the Elder. While there, captured Two Gastly, that will become staple members of my party!
"As Misdreavus floated softly by her Trainer's side, she couldn't help but feel a smug sense of satisfaction. Although she was very young, there were few Pokemon that stood for long infront of her Psywave. Peggy still didn't seem sure of her, but what had she done? She had heard Peggy whisper to herself, speaking of 'Totodile'. What was a Totodile exactly?! She knew what a Pidgey was now, she knew that she had very little to fear from the critters that stalked the grass, none of them yet had seemed to have the nerve to harm her! She shook her head a little, and refocused as she glanced upward, almost gasping as she looked past her trainer, and upward to the large tower infront of them. Lost in thought and confusion, she had almost ignored the fact they were even in a city, but now noticing this place, she knew she was in for some fun! The sensation of her own type, Ghost Pokemon, was all around it. For the first time in her short life, she felt a comfortable sense of mischief, and excitement for the things to come..."
Honestly, it was a veeeeeery long trip to Violet City. With only having Misdreavus and her lousy Psywave, battles were taking forever. With it's equally lousy 15pp, it was trips to the Pokecenter every few battles. Long, arduous and not something I'd like to repeat! Huuzah for Astonish, though. A shame it wont do much good against the upcoming Gym leader... I'll have to train Gastlyx2 up to around 13 so as to get Curse, and hope to stand a chance against the annoying normal types!
Am going to start having a look for Duskull on 'Winners Path', hopefully it's as common as I'm lead to believe. *Le sigh* I don't really like the Pokewalker.

Current Team
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/57/KotoneChallenge.png
Unusual Lass Peggy
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f5/Spr_4h_200.png
Misdreavus♀, Level 15
Confuse Ray
Psywave
Spite
Astonish

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9f/Spr_4h_092.png
Gastly♀, Level 5
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9f/Spr_4h_092.png
Gastly♀, Level 5
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite

Arcelio
June 9th, 2010, 05:28 PM
No time for a real update.

Kicked Sage ass.
Kicked Faulkner's ass.
Met strange woman that stole mah egg, then gave it back.
Left Violet City.
Went through cave.
Left cave.
Entered Azalea Town.
Kicked Rocket ass.
Kicked Bugsy's ass.
Kicked Silver's ass.
END.

.EJ
June 9th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I was talking to chaos...since he's moving to brazil.

emoxy
June 10th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Back from my Genting vacation! Riding rollercoasters with friends sure was fun.

I know what you're probably thinking...no I'm not overleveled...I just don't have time to finish updating...

You got me -.- When are you evolving your Nidos? Level 43?

Mamoswine level 44
Earthquake
Ancient Power (wanting to replace this with rockslide, if possible. Any suggestions?)
Avalanche
Strength

Rock Slide/Stone Edge would work, or get Blizzard for physical walls?

Hi!
well, I'm gonna play in a sec but look at my signature! its not perfect but it'll work for now.
GROUND TYPE CHALLENGE

That's a really nice banner you have there.
And I really like your updates redsaber, that's lotsa enthusiasm you have there :D Keep it up!

LeeBee are you a ficwriter? Cool stories!

I think I'll be playing a little bit tonight, but don't expect large updates until 14th June.. that's when I get back my desktop for speed fun XD

.EJ
June 10th, 2010, 12:15 PM
My Mamoswine rolled with EQ, Rock Slide, Ice Shard, and Icy wind.

Kurumi
June 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hey! I am just starting with my Dark-monotype challenge,I don't have eggs yet,and didn't even leave the house but I want to set everything now! I'll save before leaving Mr.Pokemon's house...
My team will be:
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/228-m.png Houndour
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Thunder Fang
Dark Pulse
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/359-m.png Absol
Zen Headbutt
Bounce
Swords Dance
Faint Attack

Those movesets are legit I checked them at Serebii :)

Legendarian Mistress
June 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Hey EJ, just popping in to let you know I haven't had time to post an update as I'm still helping out an adult friend and undergoing treatment on my back which I injured Tuesday afternoon. I would've posted an update today, but I don't have enough time, so I'll try and do it on Tuesday. And speaking of Tuesday, updates will be irregular as I'm doing the aforementioned jobs as well as watching my anime on youtube and reading an excellent series of books. I hope you understand.

emoxy
June 11th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Hey! I am just starting with my Dark-monotype challenge,I don't have eggs yet,and didn't even leave the house but I want to set everything now! I'll save before leaving Mr.Pokemon's house...

Hahaha Kurumi I've decided to do Dark type too -.-

Hey EJ, just popping in to let you know I haven't had time to post an update as I'm still helping out an adult friend and undergoing treatment on my back which I injured Tuesday afternoon. I would've posted an update today, but I don't have enough time, so I'll try and do it on Tuesday. And speaking of Tuesday, updates will be irregular as I'm doing the aforementioned jobs as well as watching my anime on youtube and reading an excellent series of books. I hope you understand.

Take care and get well soon!!

.EJ
June 11th, 2010, 08:48 PM

Now, now you know I understand =] It's all good.

But yeah still no luck with my game...

Dr. Faustus
June 12th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Sign me up for the Water Monotype Challenge.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f6/HGSS_Ethan.png Faust

Current team:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ee/MDP158.png ~ Simon Lv.7, Naughty Nature. "What? Did you expect maybe... a Cyndaquil?"

Pokemon SoulSilver hates NO$GBA, too many crashes and glitches.. I'm gonna put this challenge off until later.

Kurumi
June 12th, 2010, 09:53 AM
OMG! Pokesav did not work with Nosgba but worked with Desmume! I had hard time getting everything set up,so Cherrygrove looks horrible in my eyes now,lolcakes. But I hatched the eggs and I am ready for the adventure!
And yes,You can get eggs in Cherrygrove after getting Pokedex,checked more than twice and by myself talking to nice looking lady.
LET'S GET IT STARTED,WOOT!
*nomnomscandies*
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/228-m.png Rash Houndour "Dreadhound" Level 1 /w Flash Fire
Nasty Plot
Thunder Fang
Flamethrower
Dark Pulse
I needed a Special Sweeper... Only this pokemon qualified. I wanted to use Murkrow as one of my Pokemon,but I can get it and it's bad comparing it to Absol.
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokemon/359-m.pngAdamant Absol "Perish" Level 1 /w Super Luck
Zen Headbutt
Bounce
Swords Dance
Faint Attack
I needed Pokemon which would counter Fighting types... Murkrow would do good,but... Houndour. Absol will be my Attack Sweeper with awesome moveset.

WOOT FOR ADVENTURE!

genofunk
June 12th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I want to do the monotype challange with shaymin in soul silver. Is there a action replay code to get a level 1 shaymin in soul silver? I know the rules say no legendaries but I don't care, shaymin is my favourite! :badsmile:

Arcelio
June 12th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I want to do the monotype challange with shaymin in soul silver. Is there a action replay code to get a level 1 shaymin in soul silver? I know the rules say no legendaries but I don't care, shaymin is my favourite! :badsmile:

You can't do the Monotype Challenge with a Shaymin. Not only is that breaking the Legendary Rule, but you can get at least two Grass-type Pokemon before facing Faulkner.

So, no to Shaymin, and no the the Legendaries. If you don't want to follow the rules, then don't post.

:)

This is the actual update of everything that happened from Sprout Tower, all the way up to Ilex Forest. Enjoy. This update won’t have screenshots either, because I typed this up on Microsoft Word. Pokecommunity needs a way to just drag and drop pictures from my computer directly onto the site. It’d make updates so much easier. Oh, and just as an extra note, I’ll be actually trying to catch as many Pokémon as possible, to make it seem more like a ‘Let’s Play’.

· Well, after raging over Gastly Paralyzing Derp, we made our way farther into Sprout Tower, defeating Sage Chow on the first floor. Heh, Chow. Funny name. Even Derp is laughing at Chow. Speaking of Derp, she used Slam attack on all Chow’s Bellsprout and took them out before they were five seconds out of their balls.
· Nabbed an X-Accuracy on the second floor. Whoever keeps dropping things on the floor has really good taste in items.
· Oh Christ, it’s the purple rat again! This time, you shall be captured, rat!
· Derp killed him. Whoops. Maybe I should’ve just thrown a Pokéball at him?
· Derp used Slam! And destroyed all of Sage Edmond’s Pokémon. Sucks for him, I guess.
· On the fourth (?) floor, I beat down Sages Jin, Neal, and Troy.
· Found another little rat. This time, I just threw a Pokéball at it. Caught it on the first ball.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/archive/b/b3/20100201143358%21Spr_4h_019_m.png
Height: 1'00" Weight: 7.7lbs
Habitat: Grasslands Type: Normal

Rattata is a small, but unspecialized rodent. Its most notable feature is its large teeth. Like most rodents their teeth grow continuously throughout its life, and must be constantly worn down by gnawing. It has long whiskers and a long, slightly curled tail. Rattata has purple fur on its back, and cream colored fur on its stomach. This coloration (dark on top, light on bottom) is a common protective mechanism for many small animals.

· Rattata came with a gift! A Chilan Berry! That’s always awesome. Why doesn’t Rattata have an ability named ‘Scavenger’? Seriously, isn’t that what rats do, scavenge?
· Oh great, the redhead’s back. Now, he’s whining about other people, and how they’re weak. Silver, if everyone’s weak, but I beat you, does that mean I’m stronger than everyone?
· I challenged Elder Li, and promptly beat him down with Derp Slam. Does that count as not respecting your elders? Derp gained a level from slamming down Bellsprout, so Totodile will be taking over for a bit. But first, I gotta go catch me some Pogeymanz.
· Oh yeah, and Li gave me the TM for Flash. Flash sucks though. So what if it lights up caves? A flashlight does the same exact thing and, contrary to popular belief, does not suck. Found me an Escape Rope, but, instead of using it, I actually walked down all the stairs. I could use this rope for later caves.
· Left Sprout Tower, and sped off to the Pokémon Center. Healed up my team, even though they didn’t really take any damage (besides Slam missing from time to time), and we headed off the Pokémon Mart. We stocked up on some Pokéballs, and trekked to Route 31, to catch some new Pokémon.
· In a timespan of twenty minutes, me, Totodile, and Derp caught all the different types of Pokémon on Route 31 that we could. Here’s a list of ‘em.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/archive/2/26/20100128134518%21Spr_4h_013.png
Height: 1'00" Weight: 7.1lbs
Habitat: Forest Type: Bug/Poison

Weedle is a small, yellow larva Pokémon with a segmented body. Weedle has dark, circular eyes, many little pink feet and a pink, round nose. Weedle has a stinger on both its tail and head. Its bright coloration is intended to warn off its enemies. Weedle generally prefer to remain undisturbed. They live in colonies with their evolved forms, Kakuna and Beedrill, and will recruit them to assist in their revenge if bothered.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/archive/7/7f/20100128134553%21Spr_4h_014.png
Height: 2'00" Weight: 22.0lbs
Habitat: Forest Type: Bug/Poison

Kakuna is a yellow, cone-shaped cocoon Pokémon. Kakuna has a dome-shaped head and black, triangular eyes. When a Kakuna comes close to evolving, its body gives off heat that makes it warm to the touch. Kakuna mostly stay still and wait for evolution often hanging from tree branches by long strands of silk.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/archive/a/a2/20100131174551%21Spr_4h_016.png
Height: 1'00" Weight: 4.0lbs
Habitat: Forest Type: Normal/Flying

Pidgey resembles a small, plump-bodied bird. It is a brown color, with a lighter colored throat and belly. The tips of its wings share this cream color. Both its feet and beak are a pinkish-gray color. Its plumage is fairly nondescript, particularly compared to its evolutions Pidgeotto and Pidgeot. It has black markings around its eyes and a small crest of brown and cream feathers above its eyes. It resembles other small Flying-type Pokémon such as Starly, Taillow, and Spearow. However, due to the fact that (with the exception of Spearow) these Pokémon tend to be unique to a region, it is likely that they are a result of divergent evolution. Pidgey's feet allow it to walk on the ground for a while but can also reach out and safely land on perches.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/83/Spr_4h_069.png
Height: 2'04" Weight: 8.8lbs
Habitat: Forest Type: Grass/Poison

Despite their small size, Bellsprout are versatile. Their stem is long, thin and very flexible, making then capable of swerving rapidly to avoid many attacks it is weak to or move with blinding speed to capture prey. They can use their roots to replenish moisture and health from the ground if they get hit. They can also channel their roots through the ground to trip foes. They can also use their feet as insulator.

· Well, after doing a bit of research, I found out that the only Pokémon I haven’t caught yet on this Route don’t come out until early morning, or late at night. Since I’ve got no plans on waiting around, I guess we’re off to Dark Cave.
· My ragtag group of misfits and I ventured into the appropriately named ‘Dark Cave’. After stumbling around in the dark for a while, we finally managed to find the exit. Problem is, it was actually the entrance we used earlier! Oh well, at least we caught some new Pokémon.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1f/Spr_4h_074.png
Height: 1'04" Weight: 44.1lbs
Habitat: Mountain Type: Rock/Ground

Geodude usually sit still on mountain paths or in caves, which is why they are often mistaken for rocks. Geodude uses its arms to steadily climb steep mountain paths, hoisting itself over. Geodude also uses its arms to swing its fists around when angered, such as when it is carelessly stepped upon. Geodude are proud of their sturdy bodies and bash against each other in a contest of sorts to prove whose body is harder. When Geodude sleeps deeply, it buries itself halfway into the ground, and will not awaken even if it is stepped upon. In the morning Geodude rolls downhill in search of food.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/archive/b/be/20100304125851%21Spr_4h_041_m.png
Height: 2'07" Weight: 16.5lbs
Habitat: Caves Type: Bug/Flying

Zubat is a small, blue bat-like Pokémon. It has two long, skinny tails. Zubat's face lacks any eyes and a nose. The insides of Zubat's ears and undersides of its wings are purple. Zubat's wings are supported by elongated 'fingers', and four teeth can be discerned from inside its mouth, two on the lower jaw and two on the upper. Zubat is mostly nocturnal, forming colonies in perpetually dark places and hanging upside-down when asleep. When they awake, Zubat will constantly swarm around caves during the night-time. Zubat avoids sunlight and bright places because prolonged exposure to the sun causes its body to become slightly burned, and otherwise causing it to become unhealthy.

· And with those two new party members in tow, we left Dark Cave behind us. Next stop, Violet City, and then, Violet City Gym!

Next time, I'll show you how badly we kicked Faulkner's ass!

emoxy
June 12th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Pokemon SoulSilver hates NO$GBA, too many crashes and glitches.. I'm gonna put this challenge off until later.

I think it's playable, I've completed a Bug challenge with it so there shouldn't be any problems. Just remember to restart often.

OMG! Pokesav did not work with Nosgba but worked with Desmume! I had hard time getting everything set up,so Cherrygrove looks horrible in my eyes now,lolcakes. But I hatched the eggs and I am ready for the adventure!

Edit no$gba.ini in the no$gba folder; search for this line
SAV/SNA File Format == Raw
The word must be "Raw", note the capital-R.
Enter the game, and save once, and exit. Your .sav should now be 512KB (and hence editable by Pokesav).

If you want to transfer from Desmume, try copying the save file over; if that doesn't work, THIS (http://www.shunyweb.info/) should work. (convert from whatever file size to no$gba 512kb iirc)

EJ hates rule breaking. Besides, where's the fun with legendaries?

I guess Slam sure is powerful early on Arcelio :D And love your comment on flash and flashlights. XD

I won't be starting my dark challenge until tomorrow night the earliest :( I'll be super busy with school activities, so I'll try to update as much as I can.

genofunk
June 12th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I don't want a regular legendary shaymin, it would never listen. I want to use a cheat to catch a level 1 shaymin. I'd have to use chikorita until the shaymin gets to level 10 anyway because shaymin only knows growth until level 10. I can't find an action replay code to catch a wild level 1 shaymin, so I'm going to hold off on the monotype challenge... maybe until I get the japanese white version.

Arcelio
June 12th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I don't want a regular legendary shaymin, it would never listen. I want to use a cheat to catch a level 1 shaymin. I'd have to use chikorita until the shaymin gets to level 10 anyway because shaymin only knows growth until level 10. I can't find an action replay code to catch a wild level 1 shaymin, so I'm going to hold off on the monotype challenge... maybe until I get the japanese white version.

I don't think you're listening.

NO LEGENDARIES. It does not matter how you obtain them. They are banned from this challenge.

Not only that, but Action Replay is also discouraged, unless you're going under a challenge where you don't have early access to a Pokemon of the type you're using (Fighting, Dark, ect, ect). Grass does not have that problem.

So, pick a different type, and don't use a Legendary Pokemon.

kthnx

.EJ
June 12th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks arcelio for clarifying that.

Let me rephrase that though: "ABSOLUTELY NO LEGENDARIES!"

Oh and you should care, either you follow the rules or you don't compete. ; )

polkop
June 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I did it!!!
I finally complete my mono Psychic challenge!!!

Red was maybe hard to beat, but with Hail, good defense pokemon and Medicine, it is possible to stall him :)

My final team:
Girafarig - Twistedspoon - Lv 63
Naive - Inner Focus
- Psychic
- Crunch
- Strength
- Return

Slowking - Mystic Water - Lv 63
Careful - Own Tempo
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Surf

Xatu - Sharp Beak - Lv 63
Jolly - Early Bird
- Fly
- U-turn
- Night Shade
- Psychic

Exeggutor - Big Root - Lv 64
Modest - Clorophyll
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

Alakazam - Choice Specs. - Lv 66
Modest - Synchronize
- Charge Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

.EJ
June 13th, 2010, 07:49 AM
^Congrats. Do you have a quote you want immortalized? =]

polkop
June 13th, 2010, 07:58 AM
^Congrats. Do you have a quote you want immortalized? =]

TO beat Red, the best way is stalling.

That is a nice quote :)
I will like to start a mono dark challenge.
Since it is impossible to catch Dark pokemon until far in the game, can I transfer 6 egg to my Soulsilver version?

Alpha King
June 13th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I'll try this with normal type =D

Ian Watkins
June 13th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I beat the E4!!

Will was destroyed by Scizow, Koga was done pretty easily as a group effort.

Bruno was the most disgusting battle I ever had to face in my life. Took me 4 tries to beat him.

Karen was the easiest. Though I had to do it twice because I turned off after get and didn't save. Oops. xD

Lance. Well, I had to teach Moose Thunder to beat Gyarados (lololol and it still didn't OHKO it either) bit the three Dragonites died with three Blizzards. Aerodactyl was onehitted by Moose, and Charizard went down to surf. OpalFruits did nothing. xD

Team:

OpalFruits the Scizor
Level 51

X-Scissor
Night Slash
Rock Smash
Bullet Punch

He is pretty good. Soloed Will, did a lot on Bruno and Karen, but nothing on Lance.

Moose the Aggron
Level 49

Strength
Thunder (used to be Return, but I needed Thunder to beat Lance. It will defintley change back to Return soon. xD
Iron Head
Earthquake

Oh, I love her so much. <3 she is amazing. My favorite. xD

Billy-Bob the Empoleon
Level 51

Surf
Brine
Blizzard
Hydro Cannon

Horrible moveset, I know. xD I will change when I can. But if I hadn't had him, I so woulda lost to Lance.

So that's it. Of to Kanto I head!

.EJ
June 13th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah polkop I'll allow it. I think I let Porygon Z do it for his challenges.

Go ahead. =]

polkop
June 13th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah polkop I'll allow it. I think I let Porygon Z do it for his challenges.

Go ahead. =]

Cool, I have already re-started my game and taken Cyndaquil as my first pokemon.
I'm trying to beat Falkner as fast as I can, so I will be able to transfer my Dark pokemon soon.

Kurumi
June 13th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I'll do an update when I'll defeat Falkner.
As far I know You can get eggs after getting pokedex =) Or at least after giving Elm the Egg.

polkop
June 13th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I'll do an update when I'll defeat Falkner.
As far I know You can get eggs after getting pokedex =) Or at least after giving Elm the Egg.

That is true it you have 2 DS.
To unlock the WI-FI trade, I have to beat Falkner first.

brownz boyz
June 13th, 2010, 10:47 AM
id like to join if u can still join.

Username: brownz boyz
Type: Dark
Version: Heart Gold
um are u aloud to transfer eggs from other games?

LeeBee
June 13th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Just posting to say that my Ghost type challenge is on hold for a short while.
Am annoyingly busy, and hardly getting any time to play (;へ:)

emoxy, I'm not actually a poke fanfic writer, but I have wrote a few things in the past. I'm glad you like my updates!

polkop
June 13th, 2010, 10:51 AM
id like to join if u can still join.

Username: brownz boyz
Type: Dark
um are u aloud to transfer eggs from other games?

Yes, you can.
It is what I'm going to do for my Dark challenge :)

brownz boyz
June 13th, 2010, 10:53 AM
oh okay thank u rite now im about to start my challenge. and btw how many eggs can u import at once say for example can u import all 6 eggs at once?

Sleet
June 13th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Im going to do this after I complete the solo run challenge

polkop
June 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Update on my Mono-dark challenge:
- Take Cyndaquil as my first pokemon
- Cyndaquil evolve into Quilava by battling the pokemon on my way to Falkner 0.o
- I beat Falkner
- I transfer my 6 pokemon dark egg
- I make hatch all my 6 pokemon
- I picked the 4 dark pokemon that are in jotho for my challenge

My team:
Cacnea - Docile - Sand Veil - Lv 1
- Poison Sting
- Leer
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
(He gets egg move when I have breed it)

Sneasel - Naive - Inner Focus - Lv 1
- Taunt
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
(He gets egg move when I have breed it)

Murkrow - Sassy - Super Luck - Lv 1
- Peck
- Astonish

Carvanha - Rash - Rough Skin - Lv 1
- Leer
- Bite

Larvitar - Timid - Guts- Lv 1
- Bite
- Leer

Houndoor - Quiet - Flash Fire - Lv 1
- Leer
- Ember

emoxy
June 13th, 2010, 05:47 PM
TO beat Red, the best way is stalling.

LOL! Sad that I didn't manage to beat Red in my bug challenge.. And I'm too lazy to try =P

Bruno was the most disgusting battle I ever had to face in my life. Took me 4 tries to beat him.

I totally like this comment. :D And Aerodactyl should have been pawned by Scizor =P

Just posting to say that my Ghost type challenge is on hold for a short while.
Am annoyingly busy, and hardly getting any time to play (;へ:)

emoxy, I'm not actually a poke fanfic writer, but I have wrote a few things in the past. I'm glad you like my updates!

:) Keep it coming!

And woa SO MANY people are doing Dark type. Since I haven't officially started.. I'll give you a type tonight EJ, that's when I'll really really start><
EJ, is it possible if I edit my rom file to include harder gym battles lol (just learned about it last week and thought it'll be fun..)

(and the forum just moved o.o)

.EJ
June 13th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Nah, keep the cheating at a minimum.

Myzou
June 13th, 2010, 06:41 PM
I did the Ultimate Monotype Challenge when it came out, and now that there's HG/SS, can't hurt to try another challenge. Unfortunately, unlike UMC, I won't upload my gym battles, :S

I'll go on with Bugs. I remember Ledian was a BEAST in the classic, due to their ability to learn all the elemental punches. I'll go with SoulSilver, so I can get said Ledian :P

I'll be using an emulator, as I don't want to reset my SoulSilver save file, XD

One thing I want clarified though: Does changing the time on your DS count as "cheating"? I mean, I can understand if it involves getting the day siblings to appear when they shouldn't, but I'm more talking about how a lot of bug pokemon only appear in the morning, rather than night or daytime. XD

Dr. Faustus
June 14th, 2010, 02:18 AM
If I do the challenge with a Type with very few Pokemon and most of the Pokemon can only be obtained late in the game / after the Elite Four, can I change my starter to one of the Basic Pokemon [that are part of an evolutionary line] that are of the same type (i.e. If I do the Dark challenge, I'll replace Totodile with Sneasel or Larvitar, or if I do the Ghost type challenge, I'll replace Chikorita with Gastly or Misdreavus)?

emoxy
June 14th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Nah, keep the cheating at a minimum.

Hehe I'm actually making the challenge harder. But I think I'll do it the normal way (hence I'm dropping the idea). I'm finally back with my desktop and will be able to play through the games at blazing speed. XD

Name: Artix
Type: Normal (Kangaskhan yay Kangaskhan)
Version: Soul Silver

I'm restarting, but the earlier two updates should make sense anyway. :)

I'll go on with Bugs. I remember Ledian was a BEAST in the classic, due to their ability to learn all the elemental punches. I'll go with SoulSilver, so I can get said Ledian :P

One thing I want clarified though: Does changing the time on your DS count as "cheating"? I mean, I can understand if it involves getting the day siblings to appear when they shouldn't, but I'm more talking about how a lot of bug pokemon only appear in the morning, rather than night or daytime. XD

I think changing the time is allowed. Who wakes up at 6am to play anyway XD And Ledian has crap attack stat. ><

------------------------------

Pokemon HGSS Monotype Challenge V2!
Update #3

- I caught a Sentret :) Named it Furry.. And guess what it can do!
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/1.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/2.pnghttp://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/3.pnghttp://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/4.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/6.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/7.png
- I don't remember Snorlax being easy to catch. Oops!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/8.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/9.pnghttp://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/10.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/12.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/13.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/14.png
- Decided to rest at a friend's house :D

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7e/Spr_4h_161.png
Furry, Level 6 Sentret
Hasty/Run Away
30/18/14/14/16/13
- Scratch
- Foresight
- Defense Curl
- Quick Attack

.EJ
June 14th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Dr. Faustus, yes you may start with somebody else.

My "starter" was Seel for my ice challenge.

Sleet
June 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Okey Dokey, Think i'll do the water type challenge. If that goes well, i'll move on to something more challenging next time.

Update: Started the game and chose Totodile as a Starter as I plan to keep Feraligatr in my team.

Edit: Oops, sorry forgot this bit :P

Username: Sleet
Type: Water

emoxy
June 14th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Update #4

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/15.png
I really like this quote!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/16.png
Effortlessly thrashed the two trainers. :)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/17.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/18.png
Pidgey wasn't a problem.. Until the next one. )(*@&$*()&$ I thought it was Level 9, like in Pokemon Crystal (which I played a while ago)!
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/19.png
And that got my Furry down to zero health.
"Winner, Falkner!"
Don't worry Furry, we'll train harder and beat him!

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/7e/Spr_4h_161.png
Furry - Level 13 Sentret
Hasty/Run Away
- Tackle
- Foresight
- Fury Swipes
- Quick Attack

Myzou
June 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I think changing the time is allowed. Who wakes up at 6am to play anyway XD And Ledian has crap attack stat. ><

That may be true, but considering no other bug type in generation 1 or 2 (to my knowledge), can learn a dragon OR ice type move, Ledian's kind've the only one truly capable of taking down Claire and Lance, XD

I take that back she can't learn them until after the move tutor :S And that's 32 BP each, nevermind, rofl. She'll be temporary, as unless I use Beedrill, she's the only bug type I'll have until Heracross. XD

brownz boyz
June 14th, 2010, 01:59 PM
um one last question is it okay if u hatch the pokemon in another game and then transfer it to hgss for example hacthing my houndour then tradinng it to hgss?

Sleet
June 14th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Update Time!! :)

So after picking the Water Mono-Type challenge I chose Totodile as my Starter as I may keep him as I want Feraligater.

I decided to name my Totodile "Haribo" for some reason but i've grown on the name now. I made my way to Mr Pokemons house pretty easily showing no mercy to the many Hoothoot's and Ratattas that dared cross Haribo and I's path.

When I arrived at Mr Pokemons house he gave me a pokemon egg to give to Prof Elm and sent me on my way. I easily beat my rival who i named Silver (Inventive isn't it)

So eventually I ended up in Violet City with Haribo at level 13. Unfortunatley I haven't been able to catch any additional water pokemon for my party yet but I do plan to so don't worry :P

I made it easily through Root Tower with Haribo now at level 15 and ready for my battle with Falkner.

The two trainers at the Gym were pretty poor and were all defeated in OHKO'S then came Falkner who was also pretty easy despite a scary moment when his Pidgeotto brought Haribos health down to 7 hp but I finished it off with one last Bite :)

So with Falkner defeated I decided to take a break and post an Update on here :D

I have to say I am enjoying this very much so far and am enjoying the challenge of only using one type and will update regularly :D

One thing I have to ask EJ, Is it ok if I transfer a Remoraid egg and Seel egg over to my HeartGold please?

My Current Team:
http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/158totodile.png
"Haribo" the Totodile
Impish Nature
LV 16
-Scratch
-Bite
-Water Gun
-Rage

Badges Obtained:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171509/pokemon/images/b/b6/Zephyrbadge.png

Myzou
June 14th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Nevermind on the Ledian Front... forgot they aren't TMs anymore, and BP are pretty much impossible to get to train her. :S I may have to temporarily use her though, as I have no

My team will be... (And Claire/Lance are going to be epically hard... I may have to Guillotine with Pinsir, XD)

Ariados (Spider vs Birds, epic first gym battle, XD)
Heracross
Venomoth
Yanmega
Pinsir

Forretress or Scyther~

Not sure if I want Forretress or Scyther, simply because I can't evolve Scyther on an emulator ._.; Whereas Foretress has the defensive stats to withstand some strong attacks...

Obviously, this will be HeartGold, and the bug challenge. :P

emoxy
June 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM
um one last question is it okay if u hatch the pokemon in another game and then transfer it to hgss for example hacthing my houndour then tradinng it to hgss?

I think you have to transfer the egg, so that OT will be you.

One thing I have to ask EJ, Is it ok if I transfer a Remoraid egg and Seel egg over to my HeartGold please?

Water types are really abundant so I don't think so. Not so sure whether you can capture Remoraid, but Seel definitely in the game.

Nevermind on the Ledian Front... forgot they aren't TMs anymore, and BP are pretty much impossible to get to train her. :S I may have to temporarily use her though, as I have no

My team will be... (And Claire/Lance are going to be epically hard... I may have to Guillotine with Pinsir, XD)

Ariados (Spider vs Birds, epic first gym battle, XD)
Heracross
Venomoth
Yanmega
Pinsir

Forretress or Scyther~

Not sure if I want Forretress or Scyther, simply because I can't evolve Scyther on an emulator ._.; Whereas Foretress has the defensive stats to withstand some strong attacks...

Obviously, this will be HeartGold, and the bug challenge. :P

I was really impressed by how one can use Ledian after reading the Smogon article; switch in on EQ, Encore, and start setting up. Power.

I took down Clair/Lance the first time using Butterfree (Sleep Powder + Psychic, Compoundeyes rocked my world). Once I got my Armaldo, Lance falls to Rock Slides.

You can 'evolve' Scyther through save file editing after you get the Metal Coat on the S.S. Anne, but Scyther himself is already powerful if you want.. Forretress tanked Outrage pretty well on my Bug playthrough.

Myzou
June 14th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I think I'll be going with Forretress, just because I need some sort of defense, and Pinsir pretty much replaces Scyther xD

I am curious though: Where do you get a Claw Fossil? I might replace Ariados with Armaldo after I can get one o_o

emoxy
June 14th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I think I'll be going with Forretress, just because I need some sort of defense, and Pinsir pretty much replaces Scyther xD

I am curious though: Where do you get a Claw Fossil? I might replace Ariados with Armaldo after I can get one o_o

Forretress with Gyro Ball would be good. :) If you have time, you can breed Pineco with a Shuckle for Power Trick, which switches attack/defense stats.

Claw Fossil's in the Cliff Cave, Rock Smashable, after the National Dex.

-----------------------------------------
Update #5 - Short Update

We said we're gonna train; and we did! Me and Furry trained hard at Route 32, defeating countless Rattatas, Ekans, and Bellsprouts (ran from Mareep o.o) to reach Level 14!
And we got Falkner! Fury Swipes hit 4/5 times on his Pidgeotto :D Lucky me.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/20.png

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171509/pokemon/images/b/b6/Zephyrbadge.png :)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/22.png

Myzou
June 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Username: Myzou
Type: Bug
Version: HeartGold

Am I allowed to start before it's added? >_>

emoxy
June 14th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Go ahead :) Wish you have fun! It was really a challenge for me.

.EJ
June 14th, 2010, 08:53 PM
List has been updated. If I missed somebody, let me know.

Sleet: I allow egg trading out of necessity, not preference.

Brownz boyz: Egg must hatch in-game so that it won't disobey you/make training easier.

This is a challenge, guys so just do what the rules say...you know unless the rules aren't clear enough.

amberfunk
June 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I would like to be counted in for this challenge please. I will be starting in a few minutes on heartgold with steel type. I will be trading over to my soulsilver to evolve scyther and onix. I will also be trading over a skarmory egg from my soulsilver.

emoxy
June 14th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Update #6
Picture heavy, hence SPOILERed.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/23.png
Powerhouse in da house!
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/24.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/26.png
Took a leisure trip @ Union Cave, thrashing trainers along the way.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/28.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/29.png
!!! I didn't know there's a Full Heal there!
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/30.png
Slowpoke Well was piece of cake for Furry. Most notably Proton; his Koffing died to a 5-hit Fury Swipes.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/32.png
Challenging the Bug Gym.. Bugsy battle was fun, I loved the Quick Attack animation on Scyther.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/33.png

And now onto Rival battle.. Foresight saved my ass.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/34.png

Badges Obtained:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/4a/Zephyr_Badge.png/40px-Zephyr_Badge.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/08/Hive_Badge.png/40px-Hive_Badge.png

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/4b/162Furret.png/160px-162Furret.png
Furry - Level 21 Furret
Hasty/Run Away
- Scratch
- Foresight
- Fury Swipes
- Quick Attack

Next few updates will have less pictures.. Too hard to manage and I think too much pictures won't be as entertaining lol.

Myzou
June 15th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Ok, just started the challenge, unfortunately, I must go to bed, just wanted to get it started while it was night to get my true starter pokemon.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6687/beginningf.png

Yes, I will nickname my full team, XD Charlotte is obviously based on "Charlotte's Web" :P

Depending on if I can find a reliable recording software (Hypercam isn't very good >_>) I may upload videos of my gym battles/major battles to youtube, like I did for a bit with the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, before I was forced to remove them by youtube :P

Otherwise, I will simply upload pics, XD I will prob. not be able to get much progress until Sat/Sun, due to a busy week, but I shall try~

And a note as to why I chose chikorita: I wanted this to be a Challenge. By choosing Chikorita, my Rival has Cyndaquil, which is at an advantage to all the bugs that will be on my team. :)

Dr. Faustus
June 15th, 2010, 12:44 AM
If I do the Dark type challenge, I'm allowed to get a Larvitar / Seedot / Carvanha / Murkrow egg at the early game, right?

AceTrainerLegend
June 15th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Cool i want to try with dark or ghost type. It'll be hard though because they are not plentiful

TotoPacMan
June 15th, 2010, 12:07 PM
I HAVE DONE NOTHING. literally, nothing. beat the kimono gals and ho-oh. grinding. then i got explorers of sky and.... well... currently on route 27. no Atila ;(. (needed waterfall slave)

Team:

Atila the Hardy Kangaskhan
Lv.43
Dizzy Punch
Crunch
Surf
Outrage

G-rap the Serious Girafarig
Lv.41
Psychic
Assurance
Double Hit
Charge Beam

Big Mama the Timid Granbull
Lv.42
Strength
Flamethrower
Bite
Sludge Bomb

Arme the Docile Persian
Lv.42
Slash
Fake Out
Faint Attack
Power Gem

Pam the Hardy Ambipom
Lv.42
Double Hit
Screech
Sand-Attack
Astonish

TriHead the Hardy Dodrio
Lv.42
Pursuit
Double Hit
Tri Attack
Agility

gonna get rid of Tri attack soon. TriHead's attack is 30 points higher than her Sp. Atk. T_T

baaaaaahhhh.... i need some inspiration. i might forget about here again

brownz boyz
June 15th, 2010, 12:55 PM
UPDATE: i started the challenge with totodile as my starter got the egg from mr. pokemon and beat my rival so i can trade from my diamond and platinum(eggs) right now i have my sneasel egg, murkrow egg, carvanha egg and larvitar egg. i still have my absol and houndour egg but i want to know how many eggs u can have befroe the gym? and if i can trade my magmar over to help hatch my larvitar egg and maybe the others? ( 10,000 steps without a bike that early in the game is gonna take A LONG time xD)

.EJ
June 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah, early egg trading for larvitar, etc is allowed.

Totopacman: your Granbull makes me cry =/

chaos11011
June 15th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I realized Im procrastinating the hell out of this challenge but trust me I will return,I might not do it in video because its annoying >.> Once I finish Nuzlocke I will return I swear.

brownz boyz
June 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM
but can i trade a magmar into hg so i can hatch my larvitar faster , etc?

.EJ
June 15th, 2010, 03:34 PM
No...just bear with it. I had to wait too.

brownz boyz
June 15th, 2010, 03:44 PM
oh okay ill try hatchin em without the magmar then

chaos11011
June 15th, 2010, 04:15 PM
oh okay ill try hatchin em without the magmar then
Ya I had to deal with it too,takes about 30 mins Max.Trust me its worth it.Plus it makes you feel like you accomplished something if you dont use magmar.

amberfunk
June 15th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I would like to join the challenge please:) My username is of course amberfunk and I will be playing heartgold and using steel type. I will be trading to evolve my scyther into scizor and onix into steelix. I will also trade over a skarmory egg.

emoxy
June 15th, 2010, 05:44 PM
gonna get rid of Tri attack soon. TriHead's attack is 30 points higher than her Sp. Atk. T_T

That made me laugh! Haha. No Drill Peck?

Yeah, early egg trading for larvitar, etc is allowed.

Totopacman: your Granbull makes me cry =/

Agreed. XD

Ya I had to deal with it too,takes about 30 mins Max.Trust me its worth it.Plus it makes you feel like you accomplished something if you dont use magmar.

I feel blessed to be on an emulator o.o

.EJ
June 15th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Tell me about it...after the effort I put in to catch a snubbull, I sure intended it to be my powerhouse. The only spc attack mine had was fire blast....obvious reasons though...

redsaber5859
June 15th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Lol, I haven't been able to update because I lost my hg, once I find it I'll repost an update!

Dr. Faustus
June 16th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Aye, I'm going to try this challenge. Going to decide on my type later. If SS doesn't hate NO$GBA, I'll update my run, but if not, I might try this in Platinum.
Are egg moves allowed for early-hatched Pokemon?
Also, is it allowed to have TWO eggs of different Pokemon? I don't think I can get other Pokemon that evolve into a Dark type or a Dark type themselves before Cianwood.
Another thing, if I do a Fire / Water / Grass monotype challenge, can I replace my starter with a starter of another generation?

emoxy
June 16th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Aye, I'm going to try this challenge. Going to decide on my type later. If SS doesn't hate NO$GBA, I'll update my run, but if not, I might try this in Platinum.
Are egg moves allowed for early-hatched Pokemon?
Also, is it allowed to have TWO eggs of different Pokemon? I don't think I can get other Pokemon that evolve into a Dark type or a Dark type themselves before Cianwood.
Another thing, if I do a Fire / Water / Grass monotype challenge, can I replace my starter with a starter of another generation?

- SS doesn't hate no$gba as long as you use the antifreeze code, save often and do frequent reloads (F12, not reset).
- Egg moves are allowed, I think.. (EJ confirm this!)
- Yes to Dark type.
- Don't think so for the elemental types.

Dr. Faustus
June 16th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Alright, this is my current team for the Dark Monotype Challenge!

Reset my game for teh lulz. This time I'm serious.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f6/HGSS_Ethan.png Faust

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/91/Ani246MS.png Gojira ♂ Lv. 5~ Dragon Dance, Bite, Leer, Sandstorm
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3a/Ani215MS.png Kiro ♂ Lv. 5~ Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Ice Punch
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/ce/Ani158MS.png Steve ♂ Lv. 6~ Scratch, Leer, Water Gun

Sleet
June 16th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Sorry for not updating yesterday, I lost my DS charger and it ran out of battery :P Anyway I will definately update later as Im barreling towards Azalea town as I speak... Er type I mean.

Short update:
Caught a Magikarp lv 10 that I raised to 13.
Haribo leveled up to lv 18 and Evolved.

Emm... That's it for now, will do a larger update later :)

Team:
http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/159croconaw.png
"Haribo" the Croconaw
Impish nature
-Scratch
-Bite
-Water Gun
-Rage

http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/129magikarp.png
Magikarp
Lonely Nature
-Splash :P

Badges Obtained:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171509/pokemon/images/b/b6/Zephyrbadge.png

Edit: Im going to start again using the Dark type instead as I figured out how to transfer my Eggs from Platinum So Id be grateful if you could update the list when you get a chance. Sorry for the Hassle.

I'll just wait for conformation that it's ok to change my monotype before I start again :)

dithyrambos
June 16th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Username: Neon (Aoyama) (Literally "Neon blue mountain." *Slaps knee*)
Type: Water

Current Pokémon
Hydrogen, a female totodile

I'm simultanously doing this challenge, while doing the Nuzlocke challenge. 8Dd Let's see how that goes, lol. I'll regularly update my journal (http://dithyrambos.livejournal.com/2165.html#cutid1) with what's going on. Also, I write updates as if they were pages from Neon's journal. So they're all in her voice.... and she's a bit of a Diva potty-mouth weird kid. Enjoy.

date: 06.13 | hours played: 000.47
→ Professor Elm-san wanted me to walk around with one of his Pokémon, to study how it'd effect Human-Pokémon bonding. I thought he was just going to give me a random Pokémon, but he let me choose the one I liked best! He even let me name it! I chose the super cute (and super blue!)Totodile as my companion and named it Hydrogen. :D
→ Some guy called before I could leave and run around with Hydrogen. When Professor Elm-san returned his attention to me, he put me on a mission! Σ(゜д゜;) I've got to meet a guy who doesn't even have a name, so I'll call him PokéMan-san
→ I met some kid with red hair, and what a dick that guy turned out to be. There I was, just saying hello, and he pushes me! What a jerk! Hydrogen was totally going to kick this guys ass but I was like, "no, he's not even worth it." and we moved on...
→ My PokéGear finally returned from the shop. ( ゚ヮ゚) Now I can make booty calls wang wang. Thanks mom, ILU.
→ Lots of Pokémon battles as I make my way to Cherrygrove City! But I can't catch them. I have no Pokéballs. I really wanted that Sentret. >:
→ More Pokémon battles (more Pidgey and Ratatata); Hydrogen is getting really strong. :O I've finally made it to PokéMan-san's house and he gave me an EGG. Professor Oak-san was there, too, and he gave me.... a PokéDex! Cool ****ing BEANS.
→ It's Fire Crotch again. ಠ_ಠ
→ The red-haired guy kept talking all this crap to me, saying I'm weak and saying that Hydrogen was too good for me. SCREW YOU. He challenged me to a battled and I totally kicked his butt. :Dd I swiped his trainer card as he walked away.....
→ Made it back to New Bark town, fuu! Back when I was leaving PokéMan-san's house, Professor Elm-san called to cry about a bad situation that he had gotten into. And, you know me, I'm the hero. I'll always be there to save anyone! I got back ASAP to learn a Pokémon had been stolen! OMG!
→ I immediately suspected Silver, AKA Fire Crotch, and I told Professor Elm-san as much...

chaos11011
June 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Im sorry EJ my DS Died while I was saving so the data was erased :(

So i Guess I have to ddrop out.

Im so sorry.

Sleet
June 16th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Ok, I know I said id wait until I started again but I couldnt wait :D

Updates:

Re-started the game and chose Totodile as a starter for HM slave purposes.
Battled every wild Pokemon I encountered on the way to Mr Pokemon's house to Level up my Totodile to make the Rival battle easy :P

Made it to Cherrygrove and got the running shoes and map card from who I affectionatley call "The annoying Old Man".

Got to Mr Pokemons house with Totodile at level 8 and got the Mystery Egg and Pokedex.

On my way back to Prof. Elm's lab my journey was rudely interupted by a boy with bright red hair who called me "weak" and Challenged me to a battle. I immediately shown him how "weak" and, I must say, Lucky I am after defeating his Chikorita in 2 hits thanks to 2 Critical hits.

Made it back to Prof Elms lab and gave him the mystery egg.

Went back to Cherrygrove and traded over a Larvitar egg and a Murkrow egg (Only 2 eggs, I want to catch some dark types as well)

I am currently running around in circles waiting for my eggs to hatch :P

My Team:
"Haribo the Totodile
Sassy Nature
-Scratch
-Leer
-Water Gun
-Rage

http://media.ign.com/boards/images/icons3/pokemon_eggAboutToHatch.gif
Larvitar egg

http://media.ign.com/boards/images/icons3/pokemon_eggAboutToHatch.gif
Murkrow egg.

More updates tomorrow :)

Shiari Xero
June 16th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Hey guys, I havent been here to update, and im sorry. Ive gotten into Nuzlocke-ing and havent been able to do anything with it. Im thinking about pulling out, but havent decided yet

.EJ
June 16th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I believe the list is up-to-date. Please let me know if it has any errors/missed somebody/etc.

brownz boyz
June 16th, 2010, 05:13 PM
UPDATE: After an hour of hatching i finally hatched all my six eggs! ty chaos11011 for the little boost in hacthing em. Now i am training my pokes to level 8 to vs the trainers along the way right now im in cherrygrove town.

My team so far:

Absol lv 8 Sassy nature

Swords Dance
Feint
Scratch
Double Team

Murkrow lv 8 Modest nature

Pursuit
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray
Astonish

Larvitar lv 7 Adamant nature

Rock Slide
Bite
Leer
Sandstorm

Sneasel lv 5 Jolly nature

Swords Dance
Blizzard
False Swipe
I forget the last move XD

Houndour lv 8 Naughty nature

Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Ember
Leer

Carvanha lv 8 Mild nature

Surf
Bite
Leer
I forget!

OH btw most of these are all bred in my diamond an platinum so they have certain egg moves.

Myzou
June 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM
... I thought you were only allowed to send one egg in? O_o

And a Carvanha with Surf, Sneasel with Swords Dance, Houndour with Nasty Plot and Flamethrower, and Absol with Swords Dance hardly qualifies as a "challenge"... at least in my opinion.

Meh, Anyway, I'll probably begin the travel to Violet City tonight, having to level up Spinarak along the way kind've stinks though.

amberfunk
June 16th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I started my challenge last night. I did a few soft resets to get a shiny cyndaquil and it was a female:) I named her Violet. I'm going to use her for hm slave and evolve her into a quilava battling wild pokemon so she can learn strength and rock smash. I hatched my eggs and was pleasantly surprised to find my skarmory shiny:) ( i traded her over from soulsilver) I named my skarmory Nyx. I hatched my onix and found that he was shiny as well and named him Steel. (my fiancee finally got some shiny eggs that he was breeding) I evolved scyther (named Yin) into scizor and Steel into steelix. I'm currently at sprout tower trying to get Steel's speed higher by battling rattatas. Here is my team in depth:

Yin (Serious scizor)
Vacuum Wave
Quick Attack
Focus Energy
Bullet Punch

Nyx (Adamant skarmory)
Leer
Peck
Sand Attack
Swift

Steel (Timid steelix)
Thunder Fang
Screech
Fire Fang
Ice Fang

Shiari Xero
June 16th, 2010, 06:12 PM
... I thought you were only allowed to send one egg in? O_o

And a Carvanha with Surf, Sneasel with Swords Dance, Houndour with Nasty Plot and Flamethrower, and Absol with Swords Dance hardly qualifies as a "challenge"... at least in my opinion.

Meh, Anyway, I'll probably begin the travel to Violet City tonight, having to level up Spinarak along the way kind've stinks though.

Your right, your only allowed one (or two depending on what .EJ decides) Six eggs with all those moves is not good, cause it take the challenge out. But its ultimately up to .EJ

emoxy
June 16th, 2010, 06:20 PM
UPDATE: After an hour of hatching i finally hatched all my six eggs! ty chaos11011 for the little boost in hacthing em. Now i am training my pokes to level 8 to vs the trainers along the way right now im in cherrygrove town.

Only TWO eggs are allowed. Please.. erm.. release the other 4..

Yup lol.
Man, I can't wait to see how your Spinarak performs. I always thought of it as something inferior but anything can happen.

I got myself a Stantler! :D Will update real soon.

(Shiari the . for EJ is not needed. XD)

Myzou
June 16th, 2010, 06:30 PM
^ well, it's either Ariados or Beedrill. Both are mostly physical attackers, but ariados can also learn psychic moves, and Ariados learns a move no other bug does. XD

Night. Shade.

:D Granted, it's useless vs Normal Types, but can easily help take out steel and dragon types my bugs would otherwise have issues with.

emoxy
June 16th, 2010, 07:02 PM
^ well, it's either Ariados or Beedrill. Both are mostly physical attackers, but ariados can also learn psychic moves, and Ariados learns a move no other bug does. XD

Night. Shade.

:D Granted, it's useless vs Normal Types, but can easily help take out steel and dragon types my bugs would otherwise have issues with.

NIGHT SHADE. I SEE.

I think I used Butterfree to sleep powder and Bug Buzz all steels. T_T

Update #7

So, after thrasing Bugsy and that good-for-nothing Someone, I decided to head into Ilex Forest with my Furry!
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/35.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/36.png

Ilex Forest Shrine.. Seems like someone's living there, sadly it's not a normal type! Haha.

And on my way across the forest, something magical happened!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/37.png

I'm sorry, even though the Togepi family is a Normal type, I have a thing against them.

Came across this guy who does Headbutts.. And got Furry to learn it. Cool stuff.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/38.png

And met some lovely girls along the way..

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/39.png

Hey! That's Lyra! <3

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/40.png

Seems like she's taken an interest in me, but PLEASE NOT THE OLD MAN!

Whitney thought the answer to Kurt's ingredient is surely apricots. ......

She seems strong; but just see for yourself. (Got the order of the screens wrongly, sorry)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/42.png

The same happens with our dear tree blocking the way.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/43.png

I caught a Stantler! But I forgot to capture screens. T_T

(BTW, I skipped through almost all the trainers in the routes to get the Stantler; training time!)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Spr_4h_162.png
Furry the Furret, LV25
Hasty/Run Away
- Headbutt
- Focus Blast
- Foresight
- Quick Attack

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e4/Spr_4d_234.png
Dolfy the Stantler, LV15
Serious/Intimidate
- Leer
- Astonish
- Hypnosis
- Stomp

Myzou
June 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
^ Meh, a set amount of damage is better than that, to me. XD I do love butterfree though... I do try to use a butterfree in my challenges, so I may switch my team up a bit to include her, XD

Grrr, my save file won't load. Getting a fatal error -.- Gotta Restart... Hopefully there are Spinarak out at 8 PM :S

EDIT: Back to having Charlotte. -.- Only took way too much of my time to get back there, XD I hope B/W have the running shoes as a basic thing, >_<

amberfunk
June 16th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I defeated sprout tower got the tm and collected all the items. I defeated Falkner with Nyx and got the togepi egg. Now I'm on my through union cave to Azalea town.

emoxy
June 16th, 2010, 09:51 PM
EJ!!!!!

I CRITICAL HIT KILLED A SNUBBULL

Myzou
June 16th, 2010, 10:20 PM
^ Rofl.

Well, I fought my way to Violet City... Fell to Falkner about 30 times... leveled up 2 more levels... lost about 10 more times, but FINALLY...

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1374/violetcity.png

This will essentially be what my pics will be... Important Battles, Events, etc. As well as a screenie of each gym leader's pokemon, as well as the last shot before the gym leader's pokemon fell. The "obtained the ___ badge" A pic of my badges, and then finally a pic outside the pokemart with my current lead with To Be Continued on it :P

Current Team:~
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9313/rawrl.pnghttp://www.pokesho.com/img_icon/i_itomaru.gifhttp://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4461/167w.png
Charlotte the Spinarak
Poison Sting
Leech Life
Night Shade
Constrict

EDIT: And if you're curious, I essentially just poisoned Pidgeotto (that took forever ._.) then spammed potions while poison killed him. Only took about 5. I was SOOOO thankful he didn't Roost and didn't crit. XD

And I also just realized that Charlotte will be my only pokemon until AFTER my first rival fight... O_O *shoots self* XD

emoxy
June 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM
And I also just realized that Charlotte will be my only pokemon until AFTER my first rival fight... O_O *shoots self* XD

Furret was my only poke until I got.. Stantler, which is after the 3rd gym.

And I got 10 Miltanks now to compare stats and 5 Tauroses for fun, and NOT A SINGLE FREAKING SNUBBULL.

EDIT: MUAHAHAH SNUBBULL.

Myzou
June 17th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Decided to get one more gym in before I went to bed, XD Went a lot smoother than expected. In future, images this size will probably not be in spoilers, but anything bigger will :P

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/913/azaleatown.png

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_ariados.gif
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6821/38558277.pnghttp://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9067/67156595.pnghttp://img265.imageshack.us/img265/529/72425303.pnghttp://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3889/65176333.pnghttp://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6821/38558277.png
Charlotte the Ariados
Poison Sting
Fury Swipes
Night Shade
Shadow Sneak

Soon, I'll be catching a Pineco and a Heracross to boost my team. :3 I was debating Paras, but meh. Not worth it. I may catch one to have a pokemon with Cut to get through the forest though, XD

Sleet
June 17th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Myzou, You've done well getting that far with a Spinorak, It must be special :P , I would've gave up by now :)

Update:
After running around in Circles for what seemed like forever both my eggs hatched within two minutes of each other. Im now leveling them up on my way to Violet city. Bigger update later :)

Current team:
"Haribo" the Totodile
Sassy nature
Level 8
-Scratch
-Leer
-Water Gun
-Rage

http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/246larvitar.png
"Wee Yin" the Larvitar
Naive nature
Level 6
-Bite
-Leer
-Sandstorm

http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/198murkrow.png
"Mercury" the Murkrow
Gentle nature
Level 5
-Peck
-Astonish
-Pursuit

emoxy
June 17th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Soon, I'll be catching a Pineco and a Heracross to boost my team. :3 I was debating Paras, but meh. Not worth it. I may catch one to have a pokemon with Cut to get through the forest though, XD

Your Ariados is hax. Really.

Paras is not worth it. It dies to anything. Like anything. From personal experience.

Pineco is found on the trees above the person that teaches you headbutt, I believe.

Myzou, You've done well getting that far with a Spinarak, It must be special :P , I would've gave up by now :)

Totally agree lol.

Update #8

Fun with my Stantler! Named it Dolfy, from Rudolf I guess. Started training it @ the skipped trainers before and after Goldenrod City.
I got a few stuff in the process, from the nonmentioned Rock Smash HM to the Hard Stone from Thursday Arthur!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/44.png

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/45.png

Well, Team Rocket is retarded for trying to flirt with that pretty girl who's my friend! Eh, wait, aren't all the Kimono Girls the same?

And onto Route 38, Normal Pokemon's paradise. The hunt starts.. for Snubbull! Caught Miltank (first Pokemon I met!), Tauros and Meowth as possible candidates to my team.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/46.png

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/47.png

That said it.

The next one appeared after at least 3 in-game hours. (Emulator -> ~1 hour)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/48.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/49.png

I can definitely open a Moo Moo farm complete with bonus showcase of charging Bulls.
Did you catch the last picture? I hope you did. Girafarig here we go!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/50.png

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/51.png

All the fun I had with my new mates made me forget that I NEED Kangaskhan to be in my team. Bye, Snubbull.. That's after hours of work.

I kinda forgot to catch screens of the Burned Tower as I was too fascinated by how Level 14 Miltank thrashes half of Someone's Pokemon.. Sorry.
But I'm gifted I guess since Suicune (I actually typed its name as Suicide in the first try) took notice of me. XD

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/52.png

And Morty dies to Psybeam. :) (plus a few Quick Attacks from Furry)

Furry - LV27 Furret
Hasty/Run Away
- Headbutt
- Foresight
- Focus Blast
- Quick Attack

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/65/Spr_4h_234.png
Dolfy - LV23 Stantler
Serious/Intimidate
- Take Down
- Confuse Ray
- Hypnosis
- Stomp

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e9/Spr_4h_203_m.png
Geeraff - LV25 Girafarig
Quiet/Inner Focus
- Baton Pass
- Psybeam
- Stomp
- Agility

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c0/Spr_4h_241.png
MooMoo - LV16 Miltank
Careful/Thick Fat
- Bide
- Defense Curl
- Stomp
- Milk Drink

Preview of the next update, because it's so lame I had to post it here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/lol.png

(I blocked the guy from running.)

Sleet
June 17th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Updates!!

So I made it to Violet City after Hours of Grinding with "Wee Yin" at level 14 and "Mercury" at Level 12. I headed straight to the Sprout Tower and defeated all of the sages easily using Murkrow's peck attack.

Defeated the Elder and got the HM for Flash. At the end of Sprout Tower "Mercury" was amazingly level 15 ( I didn't expect him to level up that much in Sprout Tower :D )

Feeling Confident I headed straight to the Gym to take on Falkner I let Mercury take on the two regular trainers there and he leveled up to level 16.

So I switched "Wee Yin" to the front of my party and defeated Falkner easily using Rock Slide.

Current Team:
http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/246larvitar.png
"Wee Yin" the Larvitar
Naive Nature
Level 16
-Bite
-Leer
-Sandstorm
-Rock Slide

"Mercury" the Murkrow
Gentle Nature
Level 16
-Peck
-Astonish
-Pursuit
-Wing Attack

"Haribo" the Totodile
Sassy Nature
Level 8
-Scratch
-Leer
-Bite
-Rage

Badges Obtained:

Dr. Faustus
June 17th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Update:
• Purposely went through the long path to Mr. Pokemon's house to train Kiro.
• Got the Mystery Egg. Pretty Mysterious. I continue training Kiro and Gojira.
• I come across this strange and arrogant redheaded boy who used a Chikorita. I beat him with Gojira, who was at Level 2. Thank goodness for Dragon Dance. I found out that his name was 'Naoya'.
• Returned to Prof.'s Lab. Got accused of stealing Chikorita, but thankfully Lyra came and said that a redheaded boy did it. It must be Naoya.
• Trained Gojira a bit so he could catch up with Kiro.

Current Team

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/67/Ani246OD.png
Gojira (m) Lv. 6, Adamant Nature
~Dragon Dance
~Sandstorm
~Leer
~Bite

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ae/Ani215OD.png
Kiro (m) Lv. 7, Adamant Nature
~Ice Punch
~Scratch
~Leer
~Scratch

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/85/Ani158OD.png
Steve (m) Lv. 6, Lonely Nature
~Scratch
~Leer
~Water Gun

emoxy
June 17th, 2010, 06:25 AM
So I switched "Wee Yin" to the front of my party and defeated Falkner easily using Rock Slide.

Man, you guys made Falkner look so easy.. I had trouble with my Sentret, it just keeps getting pawned by Tackle. lol..

Does Wee Yin have any special meaning?

• I come across this strange and arrogant redheaded boy who used a Chikorita. I beat him with Gojira, who was at Level 2. Thank goodness for Dragon Dance. I found out that his name was 'Naoya'.

Could've used Ice Punch to beat Chikorita to hell.. But lol beating him with your Level 2 Larvitar sure is impressive stuff.

I'm progressing really fast, and if I don't update now, the updates stacked up will be ultra big zzz. But I don't feel like playing if I have too much updates.. And I'm really desperate to get my Kangaskhan lol.

Also, my Quiet Girafarig is not exactly performing well.. Getting pawned by Chuck proves that (although it's 3 levels lower). I'm starting to think whether its role can be replaced by Stantler.

.EJ
June 17th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I used Raticate and Tauros for chuck. I got my attacks off faster and hit harder than him. It helps that they were both jolly nature =]

emoxy
June 17th, 2010, 06:43 AM
I used Raticate and Tauros for chuck. I got my attacks off faster and hit harder than him. It helps that they were both jolly nature =]

Hi EJ.

Oh wells I did a few soft resets for Poliwrath to stop using Surf, so that Girafarig could Psybeam it to death. I'm a bit troubled at my -Speed nature.. I seriously have the impulse to remove it from my team. I think I'll train it up a bit first to see how good it is; after all Stantler can't learn all special moves and forgo his higher attack I guess..

.EJ
June 17th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Or you could grind miltank until it learns zen headbutt.

emoxy
June 17th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Or you could grind miltank until it learns zen headbutt.

But Zen Headbutt is physical.. Oh well it might not matter anyway, except for urm.. Weezing? And Girafarig gets STAB on the Psychic attacks.

I think I'll update tomorrow. Don't want to spam too much updates in a day lol.

Sleet
June 17th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Man, you guys made Falkner look so easy.. I had trouble with my Sentret, it just keeps getting pawned by Tackle. lol..

Does Wee Yin have any special meaning?

Lol, I suppose the Normal type is the hardest to start with due to the moves. I could just go through sprout tower using peck, then just use rock slide in Falkners gym where you wouldn't have any super effective moves at that point, Would you?. I think you've got one of the biggest challenges so far :P

Oh, "Wee Yin" just means "Small One" in Scottish slang. So when Larvitar fully evolves into a Tyranitar i'll probably have to change the nickname to "Big Yin" :)

.EJ
June 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Well Miltank's best attacking stat is her physical one sooooo.....zen headbutt is the way to go. She's also very fast which would help you out.

polkop
June 17th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Update on my dark challenge:
- Get my third badge
- Houndour evolved into Houndoom
- I get my fourth badge really easily
- I'm going the get my fifth badge soon. It will be a little harder than the other badges.

My team:
Larvitar - Lv 27
- Bite
- Rock Smash
- Rock Slide
- Dig

Carvanha - Lv 27
- Ice Fang
- Bite
- Assurance
- Surf

Murkrow - Lv 27
- Wing Attack
- Astonish
- Assurance
- Night Shade

Sneasel - Lv 27
- Fury Swipe
- Ice Shard
- Faint Attack
- Brick Break

Houndoom - Lv 27
- Bite
- Ember
- Shadow Ball
- Strenght

Myzou
June 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Ok, so after an hour and way too many suicidal Pinecos, I now have a team of 3. After I get back, I will catch a Venonat/Pinsir from the Bug Catching Contest. (And can I change the day to Saturday so I can catch the other species I don't catch today? Or is that not ok? XD)

Anyway, my update pics for this morning:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/344/azgolteambuilding.png

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6821/38558277.pnghttp://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9067/67156595.pnghttp://img265.imageshack.us/img265/529/72425303.pnghttp://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3889/65176333.pnghttp://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6821/38558277.png
Charlotte the Ariados
Poison Sting
Fury Swipes
Night Shade
Shadow Sneak

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_heracross.gif
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/435/83766366.pnghttp://img41.imageshack.us/img41/833/25955227.pnghttp://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6045/81685357.pnghttp://img231.imageshack.us/img231/892/32887747.pnghttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/435/83766366.png
Xena the Heracross
Headbutt
Fury Attack
Aerial Ace
Horn Attack

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7933/rawrr.png
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6673/46102970.pnghttp://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1450/17462803.pnghttp://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7943/94571186.pnghttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1152/48491263.pnghttp://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6673/46102970.png
Strobe the Pineco
Bug Bite
Take Down
Headbutt
Self Destruct

Again - Any clarity on if I can change the day to catch a second bug type in the contest? :D

polkop
June 17th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Another update on my fabulous drak challenge:
- I get my fifth badge
- Larvitar evolved into Pupitar
- Carvanha evolved into Sharpedo
- I get my sixth badge

My team:
Pupitar - Lv 30
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Smash
- Rock Slide
- Dig

Sneasel - Lv 30
- Iron Tail
- Ice Shard
- Faint Attack
- Brick Break

Murkrow - Lv 30
- Fly
- Astonish
- Assurance
- Night Shade

Cacnea - Lv 30
- Faint Attack
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Cut

Houndoom - Lv 30
- Beat Up
- Ember
- Shadow Ball
- Strenght

Sharpedo - Lv 30
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Slash
- Surf

brownz boyz
June 17th, 2010, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=emoxy;5887684]Only TWO eggs are allowed. Please.. erm.. release the other 4..

oops sorry i didnt know that. ill release them now. But do u know when i can send in the other eggs, as in i mean when i can send in other eggs not that i have any more.

Myzou
June 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM
You can't.

The point of the challenge is to catch them in game. Not breed them :S Breeding them takes away some of the challenge.

There's dark types available in HG/SS.

amberfunk
June 17th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I got out of union cave and cleared team rocket out of slowpoke well. Nyx took out bugsy's gym and most of my rival's team with the help of Steel and Yin. Then Steel and I found the farfetched and got through ilex forest. (i taught cut to violet the quilava) Now I'm in Goldenrod city leveling up Steel, Yin and Nyx preparing to defeat Whitney.

emoxy
June 17th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Well Miltank's best attacking stat is her physical one sooooo.....zen headbutt is the way to go. She's also very fast which would help you out.

Haha EJ I meant that if I drop Girafarig, I would only have 1 Special attacker in my team (Stantler, and it's only half one) and I would probably have problems when it comes to erm.. Forretress or something? I don't know atm.

And Miltank is a BEAST. She rips through EVERYTHING.

Update #9

Well I lost my whole 90% completed update halfway because I accidentally clicked back. GOSH.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/53..png

Miltank basically decimated everything at Route 38 and 39. She just can't fall.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/54.png

Lighthouse fun! Rollout means I save PP. :)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/55.png

Jasmine needs potions!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/56.png

Off to Cianwood! Water routes were fast due to Miltank + Girafarig. :)
And I saw Suicide! I mean Suicune. Challenged by Eusine after, which was effortlessly thrashed.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/57.png

Fighting gym trainers were (almost) a breeze thanks to Girafarig, if only it wasn't that frail..

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/58.png

The battle wasn't that easy - I had to soft reset a few times for Poliwrath to stop using Surf goddamnit so that Girafarig won't get 2HKOed.
Grr... Flew back to Olivine for Jasmine. Actually I just wanted Safari Zone to open. :D

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/59.png

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/60.png

We wait for Baoba to prepare his second challenge.

Furry - LV27 Furret
Hasty/Run Away
- Headbutt
- Foresight
- Focus Blast
- Quick Attack

Dolfy - LV26 Stantler
Serious/Intimidate
- Take Down
- Confuse Ray
- Hypnosis
- Stomp

Geeraff - LV28 Girafarig
Quiet/Inner Focus
- Baton Pass
- Psybeam
- Stomp
- Agility

MooMoo - LV28 Miltank
Careful/Thick Fat
- Rollout
- Defense Curl
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink

QUIZ OF THE DAY!

Which Miltank is mine?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/lol2.png

Myzou
June 17th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Yours is #2 :P

And EJ, any answer to if I can change the day to make the Bug Catching Contest come again? I may not even catch one today, my sister has the laptop, and my emulator is on it, XD

.EJ
June 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah you can cheat the time. It's not giving you an edge or anything.

Myzou
June 18th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Well, as I continue on my quest, I enter the bug catching contest, catch a Pinsir, change the day, then catch a Venonat.

Unfortunately, Pinsir is kind've weak at the moment, but Venonat is already proving to be invaluable with Poison Powder and Supersonic. :3

I decided to try the gym without grinding any levels, and what do you know, to my surprise...

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3391/goldenrod.png

Clefairy took out Pinch quite fast, sadly, but Spore came back and got revenge. XD Miltank was taken out in 2 hits, a simple Self-Destruct by Strobe, then a Brick Break from Xena. XD

Charlotte the Ariados
Level 24
Poison Sting
Fury Swipes
Night Shade
Shadow Sneak

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/435/83766366.pnghttp://img41.imageshack.us/img41/833/25955227.pnghttp://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6045/81685357.pnghttp://img231.imageshack.us/img231/892/32887747.pnghttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/435/83766366.png
Xena the Heracross
Level 19
Headbutt
Fury Attack
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6673/46102970.pnghttp://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1450/17462803.pnghttp://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7943/94571186.pnghttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1152/48491263.pnghttp://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6673/46102970.png
Strobe the Pineco
Level 17
Bug Bite
Take Down
Headbutt
Self Destruct

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_venonat.gif
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7156/81029332.pnghttp://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8845/17972412.pnghttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8933/49391779.pnghttp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4185/32130891.pnghttp://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7156/81029332.png
Spore the Venonat
Level 16
Confusion
Supersonic
Poison Powder
Foresight

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_pinsir.gif
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1227/63331959.pnghttp://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5843/92188698.pnghttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8461/74300476.pnghttp://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9246/95422793.pnghttp://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1227/63331959.png
Pinch the Pinsir
Level 14
Focus Energy
Bind
Seismic Toss
Harden

I haven't completely settled on my final team yet. I know these 5 will be in it, but I haven't decided if I want to add Butterfree, Yanmega, or someone else... :S

Sleet
June 18th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Updates to come after school :), Lol I'm in school right now posting this :P can anybody suggest a dark type pokemon that would be a good addition to my team?

emoxy
June 18th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Unfortunately, Pinsir is kind've weak at the moment, but Venonat is already proving to be invaluable with Poison Powder and Supersonic. :3

Hmm, I thought Pinsir should do fine with its high attack and defense? My Level 16 Miltank could take on Level 20+ trainers and leave without a scratch..

Clefairy took out Pinch quite fast, sadly, but Spore came back and got revenge. XD Miltank was taken out in 2 hits, a simple Self-Destruct by Strobe, then a Brick Break from Xena. XD

I would never have exploding moves in my team lol, I want everyone to gain experience :S

I haven't completely settled on my final team yet. I know these 5 will be in it, but I haven't decided if I want to add Butterfree, Yanmega, or someone else... :S

Nah no point in Butterfree if you have Venomoth.
Shedinja ftw lol.
The reason I didn't use Heracross/Pinsir/Scyther class pokemon was because I didn't want the rest of my team to get outclassed by it. (Armaldo was a mistake; it completely outclassed the rest of my team, plus the fact that I EV-trained it. ARGH I WANT A MASQUERAIN!)

Updates to come after school :), Lol I'm in school right now posting this :P can anybody suggest a dark type pokemon that would be a good addition to my team?

Houndoom? Quite frail though. I think Shiftry's not too bad as an all-out attacker, and I personally like Sharpedo.

Dragonsfreak
June 18th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Maybe a bit late but count me in.

Username: Dragonsfreak
Type: Fighting
Version: HG

- Startet with Totodile, get the mystery egg and won against opponent.
- on the way to violet city, no fighting type in sight.
- grinding totodile
- reached violet

next thing to to: beat Falkner, get the old rod and catch a poliwag

Myzou
June 18th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I would never have exploding moves in my team lol, I want everyone to gain experience :S

It's temporary, XD He came with it, and I didn't like his other moves at all, XD

The reason I didn't use Heracross/Pinsir/Scyther class pokemon was because I didn't want the rest of my team to get outclassed by it. (Armaldo was a mistake; it completely outclassed the rest of my team, plus the fact that I EV-trained it. ARGH I WANT A MASQUERAIN!)

Rofl, they aren't. XD Ariados can hold her own, as can Venonat. Having some issues with Pineco, but that's mainly due to the fact he hasn't evolved and obtained Gyro Ball yet.

Heracross, Scyther, and Pinsir aren't as strong as you think. EV training and egg moves make them strong. :P

I'm not EV training them, not using heart scales to get moves that they learn at levels before the evolution takes place, and not using hard to get TMs, so Heracross and Pinsir will not outclass the others, not by a long shot. ;P

Sleet
June 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM
HUGE Updates!!
Well my Internet wasnt working earlier so I just sat and played Heart Gold for a while.

So after Defeating Falkner I travelled down route 32 and battled every trainer there.
Entered the union cave and battled every trainer I could ( I think I missed some)
Got into Azalea Town and the "Local Tough Guy" Kurt told me he was going to "Sort out that Team Rocket". He then fell down a Well and injured his back :P , I therefore had to battle them myself but "Wee Yin" and "Mercury" handled themselves well and I defeated them all. Kurt then miraculously recovered as soon as I defeated Team Rocket.
Got through the bug gym easy using "Mercury" and obtained the Hive Badge
Returned the Farfetch'd and made it through Azelea Forest.
Went straight to Goldenrod gym and challenged Whitney. (The following would be quite large if I typed it all up so I'll shorten it for you :P )
-Challenged Whitney. Failed (Miltank >:( )
-Challenged Whitney. Won the forth time :D )
-Started Victory Dance :P

Defeated Sudowoodo.
Struggled in the double battle with the people who had 2 Clefables and 2 Wigglytuff's but came out on top :)
Went to the burnt tower and was told by some boy with a silver cape that the legendary dogs were in the basement but he didn't want to go down because they'd run away.
Defeated Silver easily
Went to the basement to make the legendary dogs run away in order to annoy the Silver Caped guy :)
Defeated Morty using nothing but "Wee Yin" and the Bite attack :P
Taught "Mercury" Sahdow Ball
Went to the place where the Kimono girl is and Lol'd at the Rocket Grunt trying to dance :P
Got the HM for Surf, Taught it to "Haribo"
Saved the game and Posted this update :)
Another update on Sunday, Im going out for dinner on Saturday so I wont be able to play :(

Current Team:
For some reason my Internet Explorer won't let me copy Image HTML's so I cant put in pic's today :(

"Wee Yin" the Larvitar
Level 28
-Bite
-Dark Pulse
-Sandstorm
-Rock SLide

"Mercury" the Murkrow
Level 28
-Shadow Ball
-Assurance
-Wing Attack
-Night Shade

"Haribo" the HM slave Totodile :P
Level 9
-Cut
-Surf
-Water Gun
-Rage

Badges Obtained

.EJ
June 18th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Updated list.

Good luck dragonsfreak!

polkop
June 18th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Update on my Dark challenge.
- Cacnea evolved into Cacturne
- I kicked out the Team Rocket From magohany Town
- I get my seventh badge
- I kicked out the Team Rocket from Goldenrod City

My team:
Sneasel - Lv 37
- Slash
- Ice Shard
- Faint Attack
- Brick Break

Cacturne - Lv 37
- Faint Attack
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Cut

Pupitar - Lv 37
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Smash
- Rock Slide
- Dig

Sharpedo - Lv 37
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Aqua-Jet
- Surf

Murkrow - Lv 37
- Fly
- Taunt
- Faint Attack
- Night Shade

Houndoom - Lv 38
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Fang
- Shadow Ball
- Strenght

Myzou
June 18th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Went past the National Park, and fought Sudowoodo, defeated him, obviously, and then went north towards Ecruteak. I then went to the burnt tower, where my rival almost steamrolled me. XD

So... I spent the better part of my day grinding... a lot. XD I didn't go into 'work' today, because I'm not feeling well, so I got some training in, XD And it almost wasn't enough o_o

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8380/ecruteak.png

All of my team are now level 25-26, and I defeated Morty, although Gengar managed to take out both Charlotte and Spore, my secret weapons against him, before Xena managed to take him down.

If Morty was this hard, I may grind my bugs a bit more, to like 30-32, in order to take down the next gym.

Charlotte the Ariados
Level 26
Poison Sting
Fury Swipes
Night Shade
Shadow Sneak

Xena the Heracross
Level 25
Brick Break
Counter
Aerial Ace
Headbutt

Strobe the Pineco
Level 25
Bug Bite
Take Down
Headbutt
Bide

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_venonat.gif
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7156/81029332.pnghttp://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8845/17972412.pnghttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8933/49391779.pnghttp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4185/32130891.pnghttp://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7156/81029332.png
Spore the Venonat
Level 25
Psybeam
Supersonic
Poison Powder
Leech Life

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1227/63331959.pnghttp://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5843/92188698.pnghttp://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8461/74300476.pnghttp://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9246/95422793.pnghttp://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1227/63331959.png
Pinch the Pinsir
Level 25
Vital Throw
Brick Break
Seismic Toss
Headbutt

.EJ
June 18th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry I haven't said this earlier but I really appreciate the interesting and colorful updates you guys post. Keep it up.

Geez I might have to resort to an emulator since I lost me card.

emoxy
June 18th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Rofl, they aren't. XD Ariados can hold her own, as can Venonat. Having some issues with Pineco, but that's mainly due to the fact he hasn't evolved and obtained Gyro Ball yet.

Yup, once it evolves it'll be pretty damn powerful :)

Heracross, Scyther, and Pinsir aren't as strong as you think. EV training and egg moves make them strong. :P

I'm not EV training them, not using heart scales to get moves that they learn at levels before the evolution takes place, and not using hard to get TMs, so Heracross and Pinsir will not outclass the others, not by a long shot. ;P

Haha I think Heart Scales should still be fine.. I just have a thing against Heracross. :( Haha..

Update on my Dark challenge.
- Cacnea evolved into Cacturne
- I kicked out the Team Rocket From magohany Town
- I get my seventh badge
- I kicked out the Team Rocket from Goldenrod City

Just wondering, are almost the whole team from Safari Zone? Haha.

And how's Cacturne?

Update #10 - Double Digit Anniversary! =.="

So, after I defeated Chuck, and sent the SecretPotion back to Jasmine, I knew what I wanted to do: Get our long lost companion, the Kangaskhan.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/61.png

Am I the only one that has problems with this Magmar/Electabuzz duo? Thunderbolt + Flamethrower on the same target rapes my Pokemon.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/62.png

(That's after painfully waiting for 3 hours!)
My Sandshrew came with a Quick Claw :D

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/63.png

And I got my Kangaskhan! Which I named as Dino. It's pretty powerful!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/64.png

Jasmine will always stay as my favourite girl in HGSS :D

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/65.png

This battle WAS HARD.
- Each Thunderbolt from Magnemite takes off 1/2 of any of my Pokemon's HP, except Farfetch'd (which is a HM Slave and dies in one)
- Retarded Steel typing means I can't do **** about it, and had to resort to Focus Blasts from Furry and Body Slam from Miltank (in hope to paralyze)
- THUNDER WAVE IS THE MOST IRRITATING ATTACK IN THE GAME.
- Iron Tail was the same as Thunderbolt, except it did MORE damage.
- And I had to reset till Focus Blast didn't miss to take out Steelix. :(

Off to Lake of Rage!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/66.png

Yea, Raikou, thanks for appearing. Great Ball missed and he ran away. Haha.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/67.png

Gyarados wasn't much problem, somehow it decided to spam twister on me instead of Thrash. o.o
Look at that cute Dragonite! :D
Saving at Rocket Hideout, before the first Persian statue.

Furry - LV30 Furret
Hasty/Run Away
- Headbutt
- Foresight
- Focus Blast
- Quick Attack

Dolfy - LV30 Stantler
Serious/Intimidate
- Take Down
- Confuse Ray
- Hypnosis
- Calm Mind

Geeraff - LV30 Girafarig
Quiet/Inner Focus
- Baton Pass
- Psybeam
- Stomp
- Agility

MooMoo - LV29 Miltank
Careful/Thick Fat
- Rollout
- Zen Headbutt
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/hgss2fn/115.pnghttp://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/hgss2fn/115.pnghttp://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/hgss2fn/115.png
Dino - LV25 Kangaskhan
Docile/Scrappy
- Dizzy Punch
- Fake Out
- Tail Whip
- Bite

.EJ
June 18th, 2010, 08:09 PM
My Khan was nice :/

I actually loved my normal team, it was flipping sweet. Gah, you better teach it Outrage bro!

polkop
June 18th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Emoxy, since none dark pokemon can be caught since really later in the game, I transfer 6 eggs of those dark pokemon :)

.EJ
June 18th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Don't worry too much about it. I would prefer it at two but I know how troublesome it is to find dark pokemon in HGSS.

Six is cool with me.

emoxy
June 18th, 2010, 08:53 PM
My Khan was nice :/

I actually loved my normal team, it was flipping sweet. Gah, you better teach it Outrage bro!

Yup, I'm loving my team right now! And yes the SOLE purpose of using Dino was for OUTRAGE. I still remember when I saw Outrage in its move list I went wtf?!?! MUST USE

Emoxy, since none dark pokemon can be caught since really later in the game, I transfer 6 eggs of those dark pokemon :)

Ahh I see :D

Miltank and Kangaskhan are ripping through Team Rocket effortlessly right now. :D Still can't decide on a moveset for Stantler..

Myzou
June 18th, 2010, 09:27 PM
5 Hours Later... And I have a fully evolved team. Screenies to come after I go to Cianwood, then back to Olivine :)

FYI Grinding a Pineco is NOT FUN. XD

I caught a Tauros for Surf, XD Mainly because it was the closest pokemon that could learn it :P

emoxy
June 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
5 Hours Later... And I have a fully evolved team. Screenies to come after I go to Cianwood, then back to Olivine :)

FYI Grinding a Pineco is NOT FUN. XD

I caught a Tauros for Surf, XD Mainly because it was the closest pokemon that could learn it :P

Eh I thought Pineco was okay for me.

I'm very desperate for a Pelipper right now.. Fly + Surf = godlike.

.EJ
June 18th, 2010, 09:38 PM
@emoxy: I like the variety of options we as normal users get. We each have gone about differently in our challenge. I remember arcelio had a fearow and some other peeps (before his game incident), I was rolling with Raticate and Granbull, you got Stantler, etc, etc.

Pelipper sucks though (stats wise) =P

Myzou
June 18th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Eh I thought Pineco was okay for me.

I'm very desperate for a Pelipper right now.. Fly + Surf = godlike.

YOu're normal type, you can use Smeargle as an HM slave :P

I can't, because Sketch involves using smeargle in battle XD

emoxy
June 18th, 2010, 10:48 PM
@emoxy: I like the variety of options we as normal users get. We each have gone about differently in our challenge. I remember arcelio had a fearow and some other peeps (before his game incident), I was rolling with Raticate and Granbull, you got Stantler, etc, etc.

Pelipper sucks though (stats wise) =P

Yup I totally agree. :) Plus most Normal types are able to learn the elemental attacks (even though the SpA of them sucks =P) I might do another normal challenge after this, if I have the time hahaha.

I used Pelipper before in Diamond! Mediocre but not too bad =P I had Air Slash, Surf and Ice Beam and it was able to take some physical hits (100 Defense o.o)

YOu're normal type, you can use Smeargle as an HM slave :P

I can't, because Sketch involves using smeargle in battle XD

HAHAHA I totally never thought of that. It would be a pain to get those attacks though.. I think?

Update #11 - You pay the Pryce for being a Rocket!

I promise, this will be the last update with picture spam. (Hence spoilered) I think I'll take a more simplistic approach from the next update onwards, the bizzare amount of pictures are going out of control (as you can see in the below update; I'm too lazy to edit them lol)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/68.png

More Rocket Grunts for free exp @ Persian statues :D And Kangaskhan tanks Selfdestructs without hassle. Plus I've got Milk Drink to heal! Pwnage.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/69.png

Someone (Rival) comes and talks crap about Lance being powerful. And Lance, don't interfere! I could totally take this battle myself, just like how normally two trainers look at me at the same time right!

Woah wait wait, what's with the underleveled Dragonite? You gamesharked or something?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/70.png

It's got retarded attacks, mind you. Anyway, Headbutt worked like a charm here, luckily the Electrodes didn't Selfdestruct.Ice Gym trainers weren't a problem mostly, except for a few headbutts wasted on Resting Seels and Dewgongs.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/72.png

This is one of the gym battles that I didn't reset at all!
- Stantler 'took down' Seel, so its job is done.
- Miltank takes 30 damage from Blizzard. Thick Fat rocks!
- Needed a Full Heal to cure Freeze; Body Slams owned thereafter.
- Used a Rollout at the end to buff up power for Dewgong, but I keep missing. All thanks to Mud Bombs from Piloswine!
- Dino punched through Dewgong.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/73.png

Being the justice leader I am, I responded to Elm's request by flying to Goldenrod. Time to wear that cool looking Rocket uniform! I really hope I could wear it for the rest of my journey, but nope.

And I could never get 1st prize in the lottery. What the hell!
(I love the reactions of people in the town, thinking you are Team Rocket.)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/74.png

That Someone had to come and screw things up.

Due to the nature of Rocket Grunts being all the same, and the fact that I don't want to add ANYMORE screenshots to this update, I decided to skip through all of them.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/75.png

Petrel's a good guy! And he Selfdestructed numerous times on my Miltank, doing.. 40 damage?

Met another Kimono Girl on the way. Wait, aren't they all the same?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/76.png

Meganium was a pain to take down, to be honest. Reflect + Synthesis makes it super tank. Luckily I could stall it through Milk Drink too :D

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/77.png

Got basement key, went back to Radio Tower, thrashed Ariana and whoever the other admin is, and up to the observation deck. Furret wanted to take a look from above, so I let it.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/79.png

What, he uses a Koffing. -.-
And I realised Headbutt does about the same damage as Focus Blast.. so.. urm.. well.

Tip of the day: Talk to the radio tower people to get cool stuff. I didn't know you could get Sunny Day TM + Brightpowder there.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/80.png

Ice Path. I'm coming, Clair!

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/06/Spr_4h_162.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/162.png
Furry - LV36 Furret
Hasty/Run Away
- Headbutt
- Sucker Punch (seriously, Surprise Attack is totally a better name)
- Focus Blast
- Quick Attack

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/65/Spr_4h_234.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/234.png
Dolfy - LV33 Stantler
Serious/Intimidate
- Take Down
- Confuse Ray
- Role Play
- Calm Mind

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e9/Spr_4h_203_m.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/203.png
Geeraff - LV34 Girafarig
Quiet/Inner Focus
- Baton Pass
- Psybeam
- Double Hit (love the animation!)
- Agility

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c0/Spr_4h_241.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/241.png
MooMoo - LV34 Miltank
Careful/Thick Fat
- Rollout
- Zen Headbutt
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink
http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/hgss2fn/115.pnghttp://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/hgss2fn/115.pnghttp://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/hgss2fn/115.png
Dino - LV33 Kangaskhan
Docile/Scrappy
- Dizzy Punch
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Bite

Myzou
June 18th, 2010, 11:08 PM
After beating Morty, I decided to train some more, and begun the arduous task of grinding even more levels. XD I got to level 31 with all of them before leaving Ecruteak for Olivine, XD (The level Venonat and Pineco evolve :P)

I also caught a Tauros in order to have a pokemon with surf~. I kind've liked my first few screenshot sets, where I just let the screenies speak for themselves, so I'm going to try that again, XD

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4915/ciantraining.png

After beating Eusine, it was time for the main event of tonight...

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1258/cianwood.png

Ironically, the one you'd least expect to is the one who took out Steelix: Spore. I sent him in just to see how he'd do, and on top of Supersonic and Psybeam, Steelix went BOOM. o_o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Aria.png
Charlotte the Ariados
Level 32
Poison Sting
Sucker Punch
Night Shade
Shadow Sneak

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Hera.png
Xena the Heracross
Level 32
Brick Break
Counter
Aerial Ace
Headbutt

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Pin.png
Pinch the Pinsir
Level 32
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Seismic Toss
Headbutt

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_venomoth.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Venom.png
Spore the Venomoth
Level 33
Psybeam
Supersonic
Poison Powder
Gust

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_forretress.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Tress.png
Strobe the Forretress
Level 32
Bug Bite
Take Down
Mirror Shot
Payback

Dragonsfreak
June 19th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Dammit...misremembered something...poliwag can only be catched in blackthorn with an old rod...

I have to organize another pokemon game and import 1 or 2 eggs in order to get the challenge done...

well till next time...

Edit:
Got another version from a friend,I will restart and import a tyrogue egg and a torchic egg because i want to battle EVERY leader with fighting Pokemon

Sleet
June 19th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Sorry I haven't said this earlier but I really appreciate the interesting and colorful updates you guys post. Keep it up.

Geez I might have to resort to an emulator since I lost me card.

Yeah. Emulators are Ok as long as you have a decent computer, I tried to play Soul Silver on an Emulator before it was released and it was pretty slow and choppy but that was probably because i was using a laptop :P

As long as you have a decent computer it should be ok :)

Im pretty sure on of the Emulators (DesUme or something) lets you hold one of the button's which doubles the game speed so you can skip through the boring stuff at the start. :)

I'll have another Update tomorrow as I wont have time to play Heart gold today :(

emoxy
June 19th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Oh yeah Sleet forgot to comment on your update, I understand how retarded Miltank is, I totally got owned by her during my Bug Challenge. Good thing I have Focus Blast with Furret this time.

As long as you have a Core 2 Duo the emulator should run at ~125-150% speed overworld, ~250-350% speed in battle.

edit: AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS PROBLEMS WITH THOSE KIMONO GIRLS?

Sleet
June 19th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Oh yeah Sleet forgot to comment on your update, I understand how retarded Miltank is, I totally got owned by her during my Bug Challenge. Good thing I have Focus Blast with Furret this time.

As long as you have a Core 2 Duo the emulator should run at ~125-150% speed overworld, ~250-350% speed in battle.

edit: AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS PROBLEMS WITH THOSE KIMONO GIRLS?

Lol, I'd have loved to Focus Blast that Miltank :P

My Emulator was strange, It ran at 120% for about 30 mins but then it got really slow and started to run at about 50%. No Idea why

emoxy
June 19th, 2010, 06:43 AM
You're on a laptop? Maybe your CPU thermal throttled lol.

I didn't have that problem when I was on my C2D T7300 (~150%).

THOSE DAMN KIMONO GIRLS.
(I'm trying to finish them off without a single pokemon of mine fainting)

polkop
June 19th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Update on my Dark Challenge:
- I get my eight badge (yeah :))
- I'm going to challenge to Elite Four. I wonder how many try it will take before I beat it.

My team:
Pupitar - Lv 41
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Smash
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Murkrow - Lv 41
- Fly
- Taunt
- Faint Attack
- Night Shade

Sneasel - Lv 42
- Metal Claw
- Ice Shard
- Faint Attack
- Brick Break

Houndoom - Lv 42
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Fang
- Dark Pulse
- Strenght

Sharpedo - Lv 42
- Avalanch
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Surf

Cacturne - Lv 43
- Sucker Punch
- Drain punch
- Seed Bomb
- Cut

Sleet
June 19th, 2010, 07:13 AM
You're on a laptop? Maybe your CPU thermal throttled lol.

I didn't have that problem when I was on my C2D T7300 (~150%).

THOSE DAMN KIMONO GIRLS.
(I'm trying to finish them off without a single pokemon of mine fainting)
Yeah more than likely :P
Those Kimono girls are a complete pain :(

Good luck with the E4 Polkop, that's a good team you have. Hopefully it shouldn't be to difficult ;)

I've got more time than I expected tonight so i'll probably have a little go on Heart Gold later on tonight (Probably really late in my country)

Dragonsfreak
June 19th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Since startet again here´s my new progress

- Startet with totodile
- done the usual stuff (egg,opponent)
- imported 2 eggs and hatched them
- went up the sprout tower
- callenged falkner and failed
- a bit training
- second try on falkner...i was lucky cause pidgeotto
didn´t use Roost

Current Team:

Chad Lee the Torchic
Lv. 15
- Scratch
- Growl
- Focus Energy
- Ember

Kicker/Punchy the Tyrogue
(nick depends on evolution)
lv. 10
- Foresight
- Helping Hand
- Tackle
- Brick Break (Egg moves are great)

emoxy
June 19th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Okay, I lied, picture heavy, but at least I hope they look nicer.

Update #11 - Clair, Lugia, and the road to Pokemon League

Okay, so Ice Path wasn't a problem, and I met a Kimono Girl again.
Clair herself was quite a problem though:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/81-clair.png

That KINGDRA! Made me soft reset a couple of times. Hydro Pump OHKOes my Pokemon not named Miltank and Kangaskhan. Gosh.
Sorry to Stantler who died with glory in this battle.
Special mention to Miltank, who tanked 3 Dragon Rages from Gyarados, took 4 Rollouts to defeat Gyarados, and the 5th landed and OHKOed on Clair's other Dragonair. (with 4HP remaining on my MooMoo :D)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/82.png

As naughty as I am, I decided to use an Escape Rope before landing. WHERE'S MY DRAGON PULSE?! Had to take it from her.
She can't even explain what the move is, lol. Here goes:
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Type: Dragon
Category: Special

And look, Farfetch'd joins my team!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/83.png

The Kimono girls.. *@&#$(&@#(*$&
Umbreon was the problem, I guess, I just can't take it down. And for the first time, I was actually hoping for my Body Slam to NOT paralyze, so that it wouldn't Synchronize the Paralysis to my Miltank.
Espeon hits hard, but dies to a combination of Body Slam + (switch to Kangaskhan) Fake Out + Crunch.
Flareon wasn't a problem except on the times that it got to use Last Resort, which raped up my Miltank (lead) pretty badly; otherwise Thick Fat tanked Fire Blast like no business.
Jolteon is by far the most dangerous, as Thunderbolt 2HKOes anything on my team. Had to Paralyze it with Body Slam to win.
Vaporeon.. Nothing special.

Salute to Stantler, who once again died in glory in this battle. Reward: Thunder TM :)

Lugia likes to use Rain Dance, which buffed my Thunder to perfect accuracy; hence paralysis was common and caught it without a hassle.

Went through the routes and onto Victory Road training my Furry as I want it to be my lead.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/84.png

Rival was a breeze mostly; wasted some turns on his screening Meganium (no Synthesis, thank you!), and had to resort to Outrage on Magneton (as above) as Furry (with Focus Blast) was low on health and I didn't want to risk. It works anyway :D

Girafarig took down most of the members, which wasn't a surprise considering the good typing. It's still not performing up to my expectations though.

Went to E4.. Thrashed by Will due to low levels! Grind.. grind.. grind..

And now I'm (almost) ready!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/Furret.jpghttp://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/Stantler.jpghttp://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/Girafarig.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/Miltank.jpg

(Kangaskhan refuses to appear.)

Sleet
June 19th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Good luck with the E4 Emoxy, I've still got a long way to go as I'm out for dinner right now posting this, Thank god for iPhone's :P hopefully I'll get some playtime when I get home, an all-nighter maybe :P

.EJ
June 19th, 2010, 11:51 AM
^Thank god for iPhones indeed. That's how I update so quick and frequently ; )

brownz boyz
June 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM
UPDATE: ok so i released my other 4 pokemon except for carvanha becuz everytime i release him he comes back. So i kept murkrow and larvitar. I grinded them to level 12 before i entered the Sprout tower. OWNED everyone there with my murkrow who grew to level 15. I then gringed larvitar aswell to level 15 and took on Falkner. He was extremely easy thanks to larvitars rock slide : ) Then i continued to Azalea town and destroyed everyone who wanted to battle. BEAT union cave and went to Slowpoke trail to finish team rocket who were no match for my larvitar and murkrow who grew now to level 17. After that i went to ilex forest before hitting the gym, then i was challenged by my rival who was still no match for me and my 2 pokes. Now grinding them to level 20 to take on Bugsy and ill post my full team later.

Sleet
June 19th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Well I thought id try to get some game time in but im so tired :( . I'll play tomorrow but I wont be able to update due to PokeCommunity being down 7pm till Midnight where I live.

Actually i'll probably be able to squeze in a small update before 7. But i'll have a bigger update sometime on Monday. :)

Good Luck with Whitney Brownzboyz, My Larvitar and Murkrow struggled against her, although yours are a higher level than mines were at that point so you should be OK ;)

Anyway off to sleep, Good night :P

Edit: Before I go to sleep I better ask, Is it OK for me to transfer over a Carvanha egg over. I cant get one otherwise :(

emoxy
June 19th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Good luck with the E4 Emoxy, I've still got a long way to go as I'm out for dinner right now posting this, Thank god for iPhone's :P hopefully I'll get some playtime when I get home, an all-nighter maybe :P

And I'm not an Apple fan, so yeah. =P

UPDATE: ok so i released my other 4 pokemon except for carvanha becuz everytime i release him he comes back. So i kept murkrow and larvitar. I grinded them to level 12 before i entered the Sprout tower. OWNED everyone there with my murkrow who grew to level 15. I then gringed larvitar aswell to level 15 and took on Falkner. He was extremely easy thanks to larvitars rock slide : ) Then i continued to Azalea town and destroyed everyone who wanted to battle. BEAT union cave and went to Slowpoke trail to finish team rocket who were no match for my larvitar and murkrow who grew now to level 17. After that i went to ilex forest before hitting the gym, then i was challenged by my rival who was still no match for me and my 2 pokes. Now grinding them to level 20 to take on Bugsy and ill post my full team later.

I guess Rock Slide/Peck would own Bugsy even without grinding.

Well I thought id try to get some game time in but im so tired :( . I'll play tomorrow but I wont be able to update due to PokeCommunity being down 7pm till Midnight where I live.

Actually i'll probably be able to squeze in a small update before 7. But i'll have a bigger update sometime on Monday. :)

Good Luck with Whitney Brownzboyz, My Larvitar and Murkrow struggled against her, although yours are a higher level than mines were at that point so you should be OK ;)

Anyway off to sleep, Good night :P

Edit: Before I go to sleep I better ask, Is it OK for me to transfer over a Carvanha egg over. I cant get one otherwise :(

I think max 2 eggs so if you did 2 eggs at the start nope.. But it's up to EJ.
Where do you stay?

Update #12 - Dragons, dragons and more dragons.

Will was fine; required a few rests to get the correct switches though. (Resets: 4)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/85.png

- Exeggutor was quite a problem as it's very tanky.
- Jynx ended up being killed by Crunch from Kangaskhan, not Shadow Ball.
- Shadow Ball on the two birds.
- Zapped Slowbro to death.

Koga was quite funny; (Resets: 1)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/86.png

- Started with Furret which downed Ariados in 3 headbutts.
- Switched to Stantler as Thunder's the only Special move that is not resisted by Forretress on my team.
- He started Toxic Spiking, thus I refused to switch, and started Calm Mining up.
- Thunder swept the rest of Koga's team.
- Venomoth Psychic-ed my Stantler for 20 damage. :D

I didn't reset at all for Bruno! And he has a type advantage some more. (Resets: 0)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/87.png

- Psychic owned the whole team, except Onix, which went down to Focus Blasts from Furret.

Karen was relatively okay. (Resets: 3)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/88.png

- Umbreon went down from a collaboration of most of my Pokemon. (It was the hardest to take down)
- Gengar easily Psychic-ed to death.
- Murkrow.. Well..
- Houndoom is the problem; after a Nasty Plot its special attack went heaven. I ended up doing Rollouts from Murkrow so that I could OHKO Houndoom. :D
- Vileplume was easy.

LANCE. LANCE. LANCE.
(Resets: at least 20)
I started using Revives here.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/89.png

- Gyarados went down from a CM + Thunder. Had to reset for Stantler to not get flinched..
- The mega Level 50 Dragonite always came out next; as you can see from the screenshots above, his outrage was 3x more powerful than mine. I ended up using X Attacks and X Defend (first in my Pokemon history).
- Kangaskhan continued rampaging in confusion, killing the next two Dragonites.
- There is no picture for Charizard, because I spent at least 15 turns Milk Drinking and healing to Body Slam it to death. How the hell can Air Slash deal so much damage (*&#$*(&@
- Aerodactyl was a pain too, I think I stalled it until Rock Slide ran out of PP.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/90.png

My complete Normal Pokemon team, into the Hall of Fame.

Thoughts:
I can fully understand the meaning of "mediocre Pokemon" now (relative to those OU Pokemons).

Worst Performing Award: Furret. I think I didn't use it 80% of the time, at least it probably got into more battles than Kangaskhan.
Best Performing Award: Stantler. Least expected, but it helped me a lot.
Tank Award: Miltank, nuff said.
Rampage Award: Kangaskhan.
"Choice Scarf needed" Award: Girafarig.

Furry - LV43 Furret
Hasty/Run Away
Silk Scarf
- Headbutt
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Blast
- Assist (.. cheated for fun)

Dolfy - LV42 Stantler
Serious/Intimidate
Amulet Coin
- Zen Headbutt
- Confuse Ray
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Geeraff - LV42 Girafarig
Quiet/Inner Focus
Choice Scarf (needed to outspeed!)
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Double Hit
- Agility (any suggestions for replacement?)

MooMoo - LV42 Miltank
Careful/Thick Fat
Hard Stone (:D:D)
- Rollout (BEST. MOVE. EVER.)
- Zen Headbutt
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink

Dino - LV43 Kangaskhan
Docile/Scrappy
Brightpowder
- Dizzy Punch
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Outrage

Edit: Sidetracked a bit for fun.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/91.png

Sleet
June 20th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Hey, Congratas Emoxy!. Yeah I live in Scotland by the way.
No worries about the Egg I can catch Houndour's and stuff in the Safari Zone I asked as I though I unlocked the Safari Zone after the Elite 4 but it turns out I've just unlocked it just now :)

Myzou
June 20th, 2010, 03:59 AM
Congrats on the Elite 4 :)

Good Luck with the Kanto Gyms, and of Course Red~

I remember doing the E4 on my regular gameplay... Octillery wasn't fast enough to take out Lance, so I ended up resorting to teaching my Meganium Swagger, sticking a Choice Scarf on her, and swaggering the dragonites to max attack, and making them kill themselves :S

Came down to a large amount of luck, only ended up with like, 3 tries though, XD

I grinded all day today... XD Like, ALL day. :S My pokemon are in their 40s now, and I haven't moved past Olivine yet, XD I'm making sure I'm high enough to take out the Elite 4 with my bugs o_o (Mentioning the grinding, as it will be odd seeing them so high level in my screenshots. I didn't take shots of random wild pokemon this time, so it may look odd, rofl.)

I'm AIMING to get Guillotine on Pinsir before I have to fight Claire and Lance, JUST in case I can't beat them on the first go. XD Claire will probably go down with Spore and his Tinted Lens ability, along with Xena + Aerial Ace/Counter, with Charlotte's Night Shade and Pinch's Seismic Toss as backup. :P But Drake is another story altogether ._.

Dragonsfreak
June 20th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Congratz emoxy

I played til deep into the night so
here´s my latest progress:

- head through union cave, trainers were easy
- beat up the grunts and proton, saved the slowpokes
- finished Bugsy and his friends off. thx to Chad Lee the battle
was easy
- kicked my opponent in his face, Synthesis is annoying
- entered Ilex Forest and got Cut
- taught Cut to Chad Lee and Headbut to Kicker
- Head Back for Azalea Town and caught a Heracross
and named it Julie
- grinded Julie, Kicker and Chad Lee up to lvl. 20...took some time for Julie
- after the Forest I got the Radio and challenged Whitney, she was no
match for me
- Battled all the trainers in the underground and on the way to Ecruteak
- searched for an Machop in Mt. Mortar and named it Chops
- sprinted to Olivine without battling the Trainers to get the Good Rod
- sprinted back to Ecruteak and fished for a Poliwag. I named it Delia
- Now trainig in Mt. Mortar before entering the Gym (I´m sure it will be
hard)

Here´s my current Team

Chad Lee the Combusken
lv. 23

Cut
Peck
Double Kick
Ember

Kicker the Hitmonlee
lv. 22

Headbut
Brick Break
Focus Energy
Fake Out

Julie the Heracross
lv. 22

Brick Break
Horn Attack
Aerial Ace
Fury Attack

Chops the Machop
lv. 19

Seismic Toss
Karate Chop
Foresight
Focus Energy

Delia the Poliwag
lv. 22

Hypnosis
Water Gun
Double Slap
Body Slam

My last team member will probably be another Poliwrath
I would rather have a Toxicroak, but Croagunks appear only after twenty days in the safari zone and i imported already 2 eggs. I don´t know if i´m allowed to mess with my clock or if the clock trick even works for the Zone

emoxy
June 20th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Hey, Congratas Emoxy!. Yeah I live in Scotland by the way.
No worries about the Egg I can catch Houndour's and stuff in the Safari Zone I asked as I though I unlocked the Safari Zone after the Elite 4 but it turns out I've just unlocked it just now :)

Thanks :D Yeah you should be able to move the safari zone areas around 3 hours after the first challenge.

Congrats on the Elite 4 :)

Thanks alot haha :D
And your levels are a bit too high!! No challenge. =P I didn't grind 'cos I thought it wouldn't be as fun.. But I think it's needed, I can't afford using 15 hyper potions on a single Charizard, that's even less fun lol.

Congratz emoxy

Thank you :)
I'm sure Normal gym was piece of cake to you!
It's been so long since I last used Blaziken, oh man.

My last team member will probably be another Poliwrath
I would rather have a Toxicroak, but Croagunks appear only after twenty days in the safari zone and i imported already 2 eggs. I don´t know if i´m allowed to mess with my clock or if the clock trick even works for the Zone

I've never used duplicate pokemon before hehe. Wonder if it'll be fun! I think one of the players here used two Beedrills (Tracker 'n Jacker! Haha)

I would really like to know if the clock trick works for the Safari Zone too! Can't afford to stall months just to capture oh man.

I am seriously in deep consideration of ditching Furret.

Sleet
June 20th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Unfortunately I think it may be a necessity to transfer over another Egg or two (Carvanha or Houndour) as, after some research, I found out that I can only get Houndour in Celadon city. The only other dark type i can capture before the elite 4 is Sneasel ( I think) and I don't really fancy taking on the Elite 4 with A Murkrow, Pupitar and
Sneasel :P

EDIT: For the sake of time I'm going to transfer over a Carvanha egg and grind it up to a decent level. If I get conformation that I can't transfer it I will release it again ASAP :)

.EJ
June 20th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Who the hell is Thorton...?

Congrats emoxy. You have given me hope once I find my card.

Sleet
June 20th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Hey EJ is it OK if I transfer that Carvanha egg? Im just asking because it's going to be difficult for me to catch any other dark types before the E4

Edit: Yeah. Who is Thorton? :)

polkop
June 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I did it!!! I beat the Elite Four!!!
Summary of my Elite Four Journey:
- 1st Elite: really easy to beat, Dark Pulse and Houndoom and it was done.
- 2nd Elite: Fly with Murkrow and Fire Fang with Houndoom and it is done.
- 3rd Elite: It was a pain. Dark pokemon are weak against fighting. My only Flying move was Fly, which is really bad against a Machamp with No Guard. I finnally beat him, slowly tought.
- 4th Elite: Birck Break, Faint Attack and Ice Shard on Sneasel and it is done.
- Champion: For the first time, I use a berry that the mother give to us. Houndoom kill Gyarados with Dark Pulse and Passho Berry. Sharpedo kill Charizard and Aerodactyl easily with is Choice Scarf. For the Dragonite, I use Sucker Punch with Cacturne and Murkrow, after I finish them with Ice Shard with Sneasel.
- The Elite Four beaten, I will go to the Pokeathlon to get a Dusk Stone and I will do Battle Frontier to get a Razor Claw. With this, All my pokemon will be fully evolved.

My Hall of Fame team;
http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/sugimori/215.png
Sneasel - Naive - Lv 45
Muscle Band - Inner Focus
- Metal Claw
- Ice Shard
- Faint Attack
- Brick Break

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/sugimori/332.png
Cacturne - docile - Lv 45
Quick Claw - Bashful
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Cut

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/sugimori/247hgss.png
Pupitar - Timid - Lv 45
Soft Sand - Shed Skin
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Smash
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/sugimori/229.png
Houndoom - Quiet - Lv 46
Passho Berry - Flash Fire
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Fang
- Dark Pulse
- Strengjt

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/sugimori/319.png
Sharpedo - Rash - Lv 46
Choice Scarf - Rough Skin
- Avalanche
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Surf

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/art/sugimori/198.png
Murkrow - Sassy - Lv 46
Amulet Coin - Super Luck
- Fly
- Sucker Punch
- Faint Attack
- Night Shade

Sleet
June 20th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Congrats Polkop. Everybody's pulling away from me. Im going to play it right now and start a little speed run to catch up to you guys :P

polkop
June 20th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Congrats Polkop. Everybody's pulling away from me. Im going to play it right now and start a little speed run to catch up to you guys :P

You will have time to do this.
Pokeathlon and Battle Frontier are very long to do.
I need 3000 points in pokeathlon and 48 Battle points.

emoxy
June 20th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Who the hell is Thorton...?

Congrats emoxy. You have given me hope once I find my card.

Thanks yay :) I'm not very satisfied with my Lance battle though, I think it's because my levels were too low. But well..

Thorton is the Frontier Brain of the Battle Factory, I managed to get 49 wins in a row and get the coloured print from him. :) I really love the Battle Factory, because I get to see different movesets on different Pokemon. Sometimes you do see retarded things like Special Attacking Marowak though. :D
(And also because you don't need to train so hard!!)

I did it!!! I beat the Elite Four!!!
Summary of my Elite Four Journey:
- 1st Elite: really easy to beat, Dark Pulse and Houndoom and it was done.
- 2nd Elite: Fly with Murkrow and Fire Fang with Houndoom and it is done.
- 3rd Elite: It was a pain. Dark pokemon are weak against fighting. My only Flying move was Fly, which is really bad against a Machamp with No Guard. I finnally beat him, slowly tought.
- 4th Elite: Birck Break, Faint Attack and Ice Shard on Sneasel and it is done.
- Champion: For the first time, I use a berry that the mother give to us. Houndoom kill Gyarados with Dark Pulse and Passho Berry. Sharpedo kill Charizard and Aerodactyl easily with is Choice Scarf. For the Dragonite, I use Sucker Punch with Cacturne and Murkrow, after I finish them with Ice Shard with Sneasel.
- The Elite Four beaten, I will go to the Pokeathlon to get a Dusk Stone and I will do Battle Frontier to get a Razor Claw. With this, All my pokemon will be fully evolved.

How the hell did you tank those Dragon Rushes and Outrages from Lance's Dragonites?!?

polkop
June 20th, 2010, 08:42 AM
How the hell did you tank those Dragon Rushes and Outrages from Lance's Dragonites?!?

Priority move and revive :)

Sleet
June 20th, 2010, 09:43 AM
An Update :)

After defeating Morty I headed to Olivine City going through my two favourite routes in the game Route 38 and Route 39, The music that plays as you go through these routes is my favourite through all the pokemon games.

Made my way up the lighthouse and took half an hour trying to remember how to get to the top :P

Got the Medicine from Cianawood and went in the gym to challenge Chuck, The first time I failed as I switched Pokemon just as his Poliwrath began Tightening it's focus. Basically Wee Yin switched out and Mercury switched in only to be promptly focus punched into oblivion. Back to Wee Yin who only had two dark moves and two weak rock moves, needless to say it didnt go well.

Second time round went Ok and I got the badge.

Transfered over a Carvanah egg and a Houndour egg and am currently running round in circles waiting for them to hatch.

Again, if I shouldn't have transfered the eggs tell me and I will release them as soon as i find out, I only transfered them just now to avoid waiting a day for an answer due to PokeCommunity having maintenence :)

Current Team
Mercury the Murkrow
Level 34
-Shadow Ball
-Assurance
-Fly
-Night Shade

http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/247pupitar.png
Wee Yin the Pupitar
Level 31
-Bite
-Dark Pulse
-Sandstorm
-Rock Slide

Haribo the HM slave Totodile
Level 9
-Cut
-Surf
-Bite
-Rage

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c1/DPEgg.png
Carvanha Egg

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c1/DPEgg.png
Houndour Egg

Badges Obtained:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171511/pokemon/images/b/b6/Zephyrbadge.pnghttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171032/pokemon/images/d/d0/Hivebadge.pnghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171223/pokemon/images/4/42/Plainbadge.pnghttp://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229170950/pokemon/images/4/4f/Fogbadge.pnghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171419/pokemon/images/c/ca/Stormbadge.png

For the rest of today I wont be getting any further through the game. I am planning to Grind my Carvanha and Houndour to roughly the same level as Wee Yin and Mercury. Needless to say that might take a while so I will probably have an Update sometime on Monday, Hopefully I will be at or will be near the Elite 4 :)

Edit: Well, My eggs have hatched and if this was a film I'd probably have some epic training montage. Im flying through the levels :) Hopefully by tomorrow Carvanha and Houndour should be the same level as the rest of my team :)

Myzou
June 20th, 2010, 03:13 PM
The egg limit IS there for a reason, XD

You can get an Umbreon from Bill. Corphish, Houndour, and Cacnea are also available in the Safari Zone (According to Serebii). Not sure if you have the items required to make them appear yet though.

.EJ
June 20th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Just bring it in, chillax.

Corruptodile
June 20th, 2010, 03:35 PM
This sounds fun, I would like to join!

Username: Corruptodile
Type: Grass
Version Soul Silver

I'll probably start in the morning when I can get a Hoppip :)

Sleet
June 20th, 2010, 03:38 PM
The egg limit IS there for a reason, XD

You can get an Umbreon from Bill. Corphish, Houndour, and Cacnea are also available in the Safari Zone (According to Serebii). Not sure if you have the items required to make them appear yet though.

According to Google I still have to beat the E4 before I can get Pokemon like that out of the safari zone, that's why I transfered the eggs in. If i do another one of these challenges I think i might pick Bug or something, they are a lot easier to catch xD

Just noticed on Seribii that the minimum level for houndour, Corphish etc are low 40's so i think it is only possible to get them after the E4 :)

Corruptodile
June 20th, 2010, 04:07 PM
According to Google I still have to beat the E4 before I can get Pokemon like that out of the safari zone, that's why I transfered the eggs in. If i do another one of these challenges I think i might pick Bug or something, they are a lot easier to catch xD

Just noticed on Seribii that the minimum level for houndour, Corphish etc are low 40's so i think it is only possible to get them after the E4 :)

I think you just have to catch a geodude and sandslash until Baoba lets you use items to get the 40's pokemon, regardless of E4 completion or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

brownz boyz
June 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Can i plz use my carvanha? It wa supposed to be sreleased but it was the only pokemon who wudnt leave(everytime i released it it came back) i mean there are only 2 water/dark types and carvanha is impossible to get and corphish well u have to beat the E4 first(national dex)

SkieTheKitsune
June 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I think I'ma purchase SoulSilver just so I can participate in this challenge. :3 (I don't wanna restart my HeartGold cartridge anyway)

Just in case, I'll fill out this necessary form and I'll go for it when I get the chance.

Username: SkieTheKitsune
Type: Normal

I'm hoping I can find myself an Aipom early in the game, because let's face it- Rattata just can't cut it. I know I'm also gonna get myself a Kangaskhan and Stantler.

emoxy
June 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM
OMG, grinding time. Lt. Surge owned me.

Myzou
June 20th, 2010, 11:16 PM
After defeating Jasmine, I sat for a day and a half, grinding all my pokemon up to level 46, to prepare for the upcoming challenge known as the Dragon-Pokemon Trainers Claire and Lance. o_o (And plus, more grinding now = less grinding to take on kanto gyms and red)

Then I set out, to continue on to get my final 2 badges. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked by Lance, and soon, I was ready.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8131/mahoganytown.png

Fastest. Gym. Battle. Ever. XD Xena just went CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! XD

Anyway, I received a call from Prof. Elm, and sidetracked again I was. XD

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2871/radiotower.png

Finally, I am ready for my trip to Blackthorn, where, after a very long time, the time had come:

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3038/blackthorn.png

Btw, the fact that Dragons have no resistance to BUG type moves makes me lol. :P X-Scissor Ripped them a new one. Of course, I used Swords Dance 3 times first... XD Even Gyarados couldn't withstand it, even with a resistance. :P

I also had to catch a Krabby for Whirlpool, XD

And I also trained my pokemon all up til level 55, in order to get all the moves they can learn, to prepare for the E4 :P And with that said, I am done with grinding until Mt. Silver and Red, XD (Strobe still doesn't have Zap Cannon, but I think I'm okay with that, I don't want to grind to level 62 right now LOL, same with Venomoth and Bug Buzz. :P)

And to anyone curious how I got so high: I grinded for HOURS upon HOURS. XD Every minute I've been awake has been grinding ._. It's very annoying >_< At least they can all hold their own now, as opposed to when Strobe was still a Pineco, XD I decided to teach Spore Sludge Bomb from the TM I got from the route before the Lake of Rage, and Roost from Falkner. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Aria.png
Charlotte the Ariados
Level 55
Psychic
Poison Jab
Sucker Punch
Shadow Sneak

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Hera.png
Xena the Heracross
Level 55
Strength
Megahorn
Aerial Ace
Close Combat

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Pin.png
Pinch the Pinsir
Level 55
Swords Dance
Guillotine
Superpower
X-Scissor

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_venomoth.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Venom.png
Spore the Venomoth
Level 55
Sludge Bomb
Signal Beam
Psychic
Roost

http://www.pokesho.com/img_icon_us/i_forretress.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/DigiDude/Tress.png
Strobe the Forretress
Level 55
Double-Edge
Gyro Ball
Payback
Bug Bite

If you want me to add spoiler tags to the images, just ask XD And if you want me to take pics of the grinding process, just ask as well, lol. Just so tedious, I don't bother. :P

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 12:35 AM
Fastest. Gym. Battle. Ever. XD Xena just went CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! CLOSE COMBAT! BOOM! XD

I had hoped that my Kangaskhan's Outrage would do the same against Lance's Dragonites, sadly no. :(

Btw, the fact that Dragons have no resistance to BUG type moves makes me lol. :P X-Scissor Ripped them a new one. Of course, I used Swords Dance 3 times first... XD Even Gyarados couldn't withstand it, even with a resistance. :P

Same tactic here =P Bug Buzz with Butterfree ripped Clair's Dragonairs. Of course, with the help of 97.5% Sleep Powder.

Level 55
Level 55
Level 55
Level 55
Level 55

Your. Levels. Are. Seriously. Too. High.

That being said, I grinded a little to fight the Kanto Gyms. I'm still getting owned by Erika right now gosh.

Update #13 - Kanto Gyms are insanely powerful.

So.. After becoming the new champion, of course we take the beautiful S.S.Aqua to Kanto!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/92.png

The trainers were easily taken care of.
(Picture 6: Attempt at fighting Lt. Surge, and epicly failed.)

Thinking that Erika was the easiest gym to take care of in the old GSC games, I went to Celadon City.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/93.png

Blacked out. (and reloaded of course)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/94.png

Janine's probably the easiest of the 8 gym leaders in Kanto, with levels at least similar to mine. I seriously lose hands down to her Crobat which has Confuse Ray -and- Supersonic.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/95.png

Taught Earthquake to Dolfy, and proceeded to own Lt. Surge.

I think 50% of Kanto trainers are cleared in the process of grinding, lol.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/96.png

PKMN Trainer Artix

I.. decided to leave Furry to the day care. It's been long, and I really treasure and appreciate your time with me especially since the start of this journey. Thank you. *salute*

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/hgss2fn/115.png
Dino - LV50 Kangaskhan
Docile/Scrappy
Brightpowder
- Return (Celadon Store ftw)
- Aqua Tail (Move tutor)
- Crunch
- Outrage

Dolfy - LV50 Stantler
Serious/Intimidate
Amulet Coin
- Zen Headbutt
- Confuse Ray
- Reflect
- Earthquake

Geeraff - LV51 Girafarig
Quiet/Inner Focus
Choice Scarf
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball (Move Tutor)
- Thunder (Yep, da Giraffe takes over the zapping role.)

MooMoo - LV50 Miltank
Careful/Thick Fat
Hard Stone (:D:D)
- Rollout (STILL. BEST. MOVE. EVER.)
- Stealth Rock (New try)
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink
Left at Daycare:
Furry - LV43 Furret
Hasty/Run Away
Silk Scarf
- Headbutt
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Blast
- Assist

As you can see, I did quite a huge overhaul of my moves, and I didn't regret it. Huge coverage at the giraffe, support/physical from the reindeer, sweeper kangaroo and stall/support moo (the biggest change of role).

I was thinking of getting Porygon as a substitute, but.. 9999 coins..

Myzou
June 21st, 2010, 12:53 AM
Emoxy, you say that, but they still get pwned by some trainers.

As you know, Bugs are kind've frail when it comes to defenses and health. Even Forretress will get murdered by a Flamethrower, lol. Higher Level is what's needed to fight. They'll probably be level 100 when I fight red. XD

I beat the elite four on my main game at like, level 42. I like a challenge. Even at level 55 with the bugs I have, they'll be a challenge. :P

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 01:01 AM
Haha of course Forretress will die to a Flamethrower..
(That reminds me of MASQUERAIN AGAIN UGH)

I beat the E4 with Level 42 guys. :D

Are you on an emulator btw?

Myzou
June 21st, 2010, 01:04 AM
Are you on an emulator btw?

I couldn't get the screenshots so nice without it. And do you honestly think I'd grind THAT Much if the game wasn't running at 200%? O_o (I can't stop it, to my knowledge, XD)

I used Masquerain in my bug run of Emerald (I did the Ultimate Monotype with bugs), he's not as amazing as you think. To be honest, Pinsir with X-Scissor does more to dragon types than Masq's Ice Beam.

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 01:07 AM
I couldn't get the screenshots so nice without it. And do you honestly think I'd grind THAT Much if the game wasn't running at 200%? O_o (I can't stop it, to my knowledge, XD)

I used Masquerain in my bug run of Emerald (I did the Ultimate Monotype with bugs), he's not as amazing as you think. To be honest, Pinsir with X-Scissor does more to dragon types than Masq's Ice Beam.

Haha, I wanted Masquerain for type coverage, and even if he's mediocre I thought I would've enjoyed the playthrough with him (Hydro Pump + Ice Beam). Not like I'm not using Parasect.. =P

I'm not sure about Desmume but for no$gba you can set the speed to Realtime. I run at 250% :D

Myzou
June 21st, 2010, 01:10 AM
I just realized the only bug we have in common is Forretress, rofl. Awesome.

Venomoth is a beast by the way. Tinted Lenses is AMAZING. Power Up to Not very effective moves = <3 <3 <3

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 01:14 AM
No wonder you didn't need Shadow Ball like I did on Butterfree to get past those nasty Bug-resist retards. (Psychic's PP is too low)

I'm taking a break again and playing Battle Factory. The feeling of using Level 100 Heatran = rocks!

Myzou
June 21st, 2010, 01:16 AM
^ Lol. You didn't know about Venomoth's ability? XD There's a reason she's used more in competitive than Butterfree. I love butterfree, but for attacking, Venomoth is much better.

I had a competitive Butterfree once, I used it back when I did double battles. Amazingly fun using Tailwind. :P

Tinted Lenses does: The power of “not very effective” moves is doubled.

AKA, it makes Not very effective hit for neutral damage, except if they're double resistant. But if that's the case, it still does double the damage it normally wouldn't. :P

And with Sludge Bomb, Psychic, and Bug Buzz, Venomoth can cover a ton of things. XD

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 01:26 AM
Haha I know, just that I seldom encountered it I guess.

(I read smogon like crazy.)

Sleet
June 21st, 2010, 05:43 AM

If your using No$Gba, you can go to Options, then Emulation setup and check the Emulation speed, If its at anything other than Realtime Auto, change it to that and it should run normal speed. If it already at that try changing it to different ones and see if it slows it down. Hope this helps :)

I think you just have to catch a geodude and sandslash until Baoba lets you use items to get the 40's pokemon, regardless of E4 completion or not. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :)

I have no Idea to be honest.

I found these two webpages though
http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonheartgold/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-53839495&pid=960099
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold/54429018

Im pretty certain now that you cant catch the two Pokemon i transfered over before the Elite 4. Thanks for the help though :)

Edit: By the way, after hours of Grinding my pokemon are now all around the same level (Mid-30's )

Another Edit xD : Im at the Lake of Rage at the moment, Should I capture Red Gyrados as an HM slave or should I keep Totodile?

Dragonsfreak
June 21st, 2010, 06:19 AM
I was thinking of getting Porygon as a substitute, but.. 9999 coins..

It´s Possible, i spend about an Hour in the Game Hall and earned 4140 coins. All you need are basic math skills and a bit luck.

My huge Update:

- defeated Opponent in burned Tower
- Then battled Morty. His Gengar pushed me close to the egde. Delia saved
me from losing and crushed his 2 Haunter with surf, 30 HP left (Delia
was lv 28 at that point and still a poliwhirl) and tons of luck
- evolved Chops and traded it afterwards to get machamp
- went up the lighthouse, Bird keepers are annoying
- surfed to cianwood and fought all swimmers
- entered the gym, Julie rocked that House and Chuck was no match
- got HM02, surfed back to Olivine, went up the lighthouse and recognized
that i forgot the medicine for Amphy...headed back to Cianwood via Surf
cause none of my Pokes is Capable of flying
- after many battles against Tentacools I was finally able to challenge
Jasmine. She wasn´t really a match for me but her Steelix critted Chad
Lee out of Conciousness.
- Trained Chad Lee til evolution
- Head for Mahogany and the Red Gyarados, afterwards cleaned up in the
Rocket hideout.
- Pryce´s Gym was really a hard fight...No he was finished of in less than
a minute
- Head for Goldenrod and played about an hour Voltorb Flip (Effort : 4140
Coins)
Edit: won a TM Dragon Claw in Goldenrod Mart on sunday and spend half of my money to get another

Current Team:

Chad Lee the Blaziken
lv. 36

Cut
Blaze Kick
Double Kick
Ember

Kicker the Hitmonlee
lv. 32

Headbut
Brick Break
Focus Energy
Hi Jump Kick

Julie the Heracross
lv. 32

Brick Break
Shadow Claw
Aerial Ace
Take Down

Chops the Machamp
lv. 33

Submission
Karate Chop
Revenge
Strength

Delia the Poliwrath
lv. 33

Mud Shot
Surf
Blizzard
Body Slam

Sleet
June 21st, 2010, 06:43 AM
Would it be cheating if I used a code to get me the GB Player?

It's not really giving me an unfair advantage I just want to get a Nostalgia kick when im playing through the Rocket Base in Mahogany town :P

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 06:54 AM
It´s Possible, i spend about an Hour in the Game Hall and earned 4140 coins. All you need are basic math skills and a bit luck.

I tried, managed to get Ekans in about 20 minutes on my Heart Gold game last time, but zzz.. It's insane.. It's not really hard, but there's some luck involved.

Would it be cheating if I used a code to get me the GB Player?

It's not really giving me an unfair advantage I just want to get a Nostalgia kick when im playing through the Rocket Base in Mahogany town :P

I don't think EJ will mind this haha :D

Sleet
June 21st, 2010, 07:13 AM
I tried, managed to get Ekans in about 20 minutes on my Heart Gold game last time, but zzz.. It's insane.. It's not really hard, but there's some luck involved.

I don't think EJ will mind this haha :D

Yay!, Now that im flying through the Rocket Base with the Old battle tunes. I'll update Later on Tonight. Hopefully near the Elite 4 :)

Corruptodile
June 21st, 2010, 08:46 AM
Time for my first update!

-Woke up and was visited by Oak.
-Named myself Aero and confirmed I was a boy.
-Got stuff from Mum.
-Saw Lyra and her swanky Marill.
-Was forced into helping Elm, but got a free Chikorita out of it, so not all bad.
-Went home, got Pokegear.
-Elm offered his number. Ok...
-Cleared Route 29 with ease.
-Arrived at Cherrygrove.
-Got Running Shoes from old guy.
-Got map from old guy.
-Met Mr. Pokemon and got Egg.
-Met Oak himself!
-Got Pokedex!
-Elm's in trouble! Back to Newbark!

*cue dramatic music*

-Random guy walks past offering to 'wipe the floor with me'
-Failed to live up to expectations, as my 'cute' Chikorita kicked his Cyndaquil's ***.
-Ran back to New Bark.
-Was arrested.
-Lyra bailed me out.
-Reported that guy's name like the good guy I am! He is Cyclone.
-Gave Egg to Elm.
-Went home, told mum to LEAVE MY MONEY ALONE.
-Cleared Route 29 again.
-Cleared Route 30 trainers.
-Cleared Route 31 trainers.
-Surprised Lyra, as a result, I got a Vs Recorder.
-Arrived at Violet city, in search of a Hoppip.
-Caught a Hoppip!
-Currently grinding to make Hoppip worthwhile in battle.

TEAM:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/58/Spr_b_g4_152.png
Redemption the Mild Chikorita

Level 11

Razor Lead
Tackle
Poison Powder
Growl

No comment. Probably won't even use this guy.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d1/Spr_b_g4_187.png

Fairie the Jolly Hoppip

Level 6

Splash
Synthesis

Look at him. He can't do anything now! Going to raise him to be a Leech Seeder for the team, as well a Bouncer for Fighting and Grass types.

I'll be doing more detailed updates as I go along, just wanted to get the stuff about names, key items over and done with :)

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 08:56 AM
I like your update Corruptodile! Especially this:

-Was arrested.
-Lyra bailed me out.

HAHAHAHA

Gonna fight Sabrina right now.

found letter
June 21st, 2010, 09:43 AM
hi im signing up for the flying challenge.
-caught spearow
-caught zubat
-grinded to hoot-hoot 6, totodile 9,spearow 11 zubat 3
-sent zubat to pokewalker
-completed sprout tower
-attempted falkner, lost
-attempted falkner, lost
-attempted falkner, won; GOT ZEPHER BADGE!! WOOT:);)
-lost pokewalker :(
-completed union cave
crobat
gyrados
togekiss
growl
putsuit
fury attack

totodile lvl 11
scratch
leer
water gun
rage

hoot-hoot lvl 10
tackle
peck
roost
hypnosis

egg(togepi)

zubat lvl 4
leech life
supersonic

amberfunk
June 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM
Found Letter you can't use legendaries in the challenge!

Sleet
June 21st, 2010, 11:14 AM
Sorry Found Letter, I dont think you can use legendary's for this challenge.

You can maybe replace Lugia with an Natu/Xatu im pretty sure a Flying/Psychc would help your team

Im sure there's other good flying types you could replace Ho-Oh with also :)

.EJ
June 21st, 2010, 11:17 AM
Both of you are correct.

Ho-Oh and Lugia aren't goig to be in your team..if you still want to participate.

Also, idgaf about the gb player. Go nuts!

polkop
June 21st, 2010, 02:05 PM
I DID IT!!! I FINALLY GET MY 48 BP FOR THE RAZOR CLAW!!!

Update on my dark challnge:
- Sneasel evolved into Weavile (yep, finally)
- Take the boat to Kanto
- Beat Sabrina easily, even with my low level pokemon

My team:
Weavile - Lv 46
- Metal Claw
- Ice Shard
- Faint Attack
- Brick Break

Sharpedo - Lv 46
- Avalanch
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Surf

Houndoom - Lv 47
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Fang (In one level, he will learn Flamethrower :))
- Dark Pulse
- Strenght

Cacturne - Lv 47
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Cut

Pupitar - Lv 47
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Smash
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Murkrow - Lv 47 (He is the next to be evolved, once the pokeathlon will let me buy a Dusk Stone)
- Fly
- Sucker Punch
- Faint Attack
- Night Shade

Sleet
June 21st, 2010, 02:14 PM
Updates! (I could have posted this hours ago but when i tried to post I got the Server is busy message :( )

After hours and hours and hours ( This is no exaggeration it took ages :P ) of grinding my team were all around mid 30's :)

So I gave the secret potion to Jasmine and after she gave it to the Ampharos it immediatley stopped throwing up all over me :D

Beat Jasmine easily, Houndoom + Ember and Fire Fang = Easy Peasy :)

Went to the Lake of Rage and defeated the Red Gyrados. When I went back to land there was some guy wearing a red cape and was accompanied with a Dragonite who filled the entire Lake of Rage with awesomeness :P

I asked the Caped-Man (Who i later found out was named Lance) if I could touch his cape, he agreed but only if i would help him take out a team rocket base.

I healed my pokemon then went into the rocket base in time to see lance command his Dragonite to hyper beam a Human!, Yes, Lance's awesomeness knows no bounds :D

Anyway the Rocket Base was pretty easy.

Went to the Mahogany gym and yet again Houndoom + Ember and Fire Fang = easy peasy :P

That's it for now, will hopefully have another another update later on Tonight when I should be closing in on the Elite 4 :)

Current Team:
Mercury the Murkrow
Level 34
-Shadow Ball
-Assurance
-Fly
-Night Shade

http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/319sharpedo.png
Saturn the Sharpedo
Level 35
-Surf
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Strength

http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/229houndoom.png
Houndoom the Houndoom ( Forgot to give him a Nickname)
Level 36
-Ember
-Smog
-Bite
-Fire Fang

http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/247pupitar.png
Wee Yin the Pupitar
Level 36
-Bite
-Dark Pulse
-Payback
-Rock Slide

Badges Obtained:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171511/pokemon/images/b/b6/Zephyrbadge.pnghttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171032/pokemon/images/d/d0/Hivebadge.pnghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171223/pokemon/images/4/42/Plainbadge.pnghttp://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229170950/pokemon/images/4/4f/Fogbadge.pnghttp://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229171419/pokemon/images/c/ca/Stormbadge.pnghttp://pokemon.marriland.com/images/platinum/items/mineral-badge.pnghttp://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081229170957/pokemon/images/9/91/Glacierbadge.png

Edit: Yes that Tiny grey badge is the Mineral Badge, I couldnt find an image the same size as the rest :P )

Little Brother
June 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM
Heh, I haven't posted anything at all...lemme fix that.

Challenged the Violet leader after hardcore grinding all pokes to lvl 12, then after owning him, continued to the next town and took down team rocket, and soon again, began grinding all pokes to lvl 18. barely beating bugsy because of that U-Turn attack, did alot of damage to my pokes D:. Lost once to him. Continued through the forest, fighting everything in my way gaining what little exp i could. and arrived at Goldenrod.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/46/Spr_4h_147.png
Dratini: Male, Lvl 20. Nickname Glaedr

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/46/Spr_4h_147.png
Dratini: Female Lvl 20, Nickname: Tiamat

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/02/Spr_4d_371.png
Bagon: Female Currently Lvl 18, Nickname Bahamut.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1a/Spr_4d_328.png
Trapinch: Male Lvl 19, Nickname, Pilot

brownz boyz
June 21st, 2010, 03:37 PM
i think im going to send in an eggs with no egg moves this time only becuz houndour is only available when u get the national dex. I am also going to use the carvanha becuz its impossible otherwise and can sumone tell me when sneasel is available? Also my last pokemon will be shiftry i can get a nuzleaf at level 48 after the elite 4 and i no for a fact after the elite 4 my pokemon wont be over level 50.

Sleet
June 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
i think im going to send in an eggs with no egg moves this time only becuz houndour is only available when u get the national dex. I am also going to use the carvanha becuz its impossible otherwise and can sumone tell me when sneasel is available? Also my last pokemon will be shiftry i can get a nuzleaf at level 48 after the elite 4 and i no for a fact after the elite 4 my pokemon wont be over level 50.
Sneasel is only available after the Elite 4 as are most dark types in this game for some reason :/

You can find it in Route 28 and Mt.Silver which are only unlocked after all 16 badges :(

brownz boyz
June 21st, 2010, 04:05 PM
NOOOOO!!!!!! i guess thats 2 eggs i need to send in but to make it fair ill only import each egg after each gym. So now im at azalea still havent played my ds in awhile actually goin to use the carvanha i have in my p.c and after i finish azalea ill send in a houndour egg and then after goldenrod ill use a sneasel egg. Thats what i will do is this cheating in any way? i want to make sure.

Sleet
June 21st, 2010, 04:31 PM
Im not sure, I've transfered Dark pokemon eggs in due to the fact they are that hard to find before defeating the Elite 4 so i think it should be ok. It would be a different story if you were using bug or something where you could capture loads before the elite 4 :)

At the end of the day though, It's all up to EJ so I really cant confirm if it's cheating or not :(

Arcelio
June 21st, 2010, 04:39 PM
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-3-1.png?t=1277166559http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-5-1.png?t=1277166591http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-7.png?t=1277166613
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-9.png?t=1277166655http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-11.png?t=1277166681http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-13.png?t=1277166699
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-15.png?t=1277166755http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-2-7.png?t=1277166774http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-4-4.png?t=1277166793
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-6.png?t=1277166834http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-8.png?t=1277166866http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-10.png?t=1277166855
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-16.png?t=1277167009http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-18.png?t=1277167025http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-12.png?t=1277167050
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-14.png?t=1277167068http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu36/DarkChidori1/Untitled-20.png?t=1277167090

redsaber5859
June 21st, 2010, 07:41 PM
I'm FINALLY BACK! I found my game in my pants, in our VACATION HOUSE, lol, anyways did the Japanese scizor event and put him in pc, if u don't remember I'm doing a ground challenge in Japanese, so ya, I'll update as I get farther, here's my team right now

Nidorina lv. 17
Can't read moves, so I'm only going to say the pokemon

Onix lv. 15

Sandshrew lv. 11

NidoranM lv. 14

Graveler lv. 28

Ok, I'm in olivine city, and entering the lighthouse il update after I pwn up to jasmine

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM
I DID IT!!! I FINALLY GET MY 48 BP FOR THE RAZOR CLAW!!!

Update on my dark challnge:
- Sneasel evolved into Weavile (yep, finally)
- Take the boat to Kanto
- Beat Sabrina easily, even with my low level pokemon

Of course you beat her easily =P

Beat Jasmine easily, Houndoom + Ember and Fire Fang = Easy Peasy :)

Went to the Mahogany gym and yet again Houndoom + Ember and Fire Fang = easy peasy :P

Now then I remember how Fire has huge advantage over the Johto gyms.

(Picture)

ARCELIO IS BACK!! :D:D

Nidorina lv. 17
Can't read moves, so I'm only going to say the pokemon

lol I just remembered you're on Jap version. Good luck!

redsaber5859
June 21st, 2010, 07:54 PM
ARCELIO!!!!! How do you take ds screenshots!!!!! I need to know!!!! It seems epic since I'm doing a black walkthroughs in September!!!!!!!

Polizard
June 21st, 2010, 08:35 PM
Username Polizard
Type Water
Version Soul Silver

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 10:51 PM
Update #14 - Smooth Sailing

More updates @ Kanto. :)
Challenged Sabrina. Overall easy battle, Crunch/Shadow Ball made short work of her.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/97.png

Met Morty at Ecruteak City, when sidetracking. (I haven't gotten the Rainbow Wing though).

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/98.png

I'm a pest! :D

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/99.png

Misty was relatively easy too. Stealth Rock is fun :D And Energy Ball made short work of her.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/100.png

I love Sinnoh leaders :D
Erika was finally defeated! My main problem was with Leaf Storm (Victreebell) which threatened to OHKO my Pokemon. Since the level increase it became a 2HKO and my Miltank managed to stall it to decrease its special attack by 6 stages lol =P
Bellossom was a problem too due to its high powered Sunnybeam, but Rollout devastated it. XD

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/101.png

Brock was a joke. Seriously.. He has trainers having Rhydon and Golem, and he's using a Rhyhorn and a Graveler.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/102.png

Since Mt. Moon is nearby, I decided to pay my friend a visit. I'm glad my team covers a huge array of types. I think the only important types I don't have are Fire and Flying attacks.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/8/209083/Normal_1/103.png

PKMN Trainer Artix
Badges: 14 (I'm left with Blaine and Blue, whom I won't be fighting for a long time as I most probably will be grinding @ E4 for some experience. I don't want to get thrashed by Ash..

http://www.gtsplus.net/files/images/sprites/hgss2fn/115.png
Dino - LV55 Kangaskhan
Docile/Scrappy
Leftovers
- Return (crazy damage)
- Aqua Tail
- Crunch
- Outrage

Dolfy - LV54 Stantler
Serious/Intimidate
Light Clay (ftw)
- Me First (Cool move!)
- Confuse Ray
- Reflect
- Earthquake

Geeraff - LV54 Girafarig
Quiet/Inner Focus
Choice Scarf
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Thunder

MooMoo - LV55 Miltank
Careful/Thick Fat
Hard Stone
- Rollout
- Stealth Rock (Like it!)
- Body Slam
- Milk Drink
Left at Daycare:
Furry - LV43 Furret
Hasty/Run Away
Silk Scarf
- Headbutt
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Blast
- Assist

Polizard
June 21st, 2010, 11:00 PM
Im sick at home So im already playing

ohh had to change my name to Sora again because polizard is one to many letters
So i started my game named my self sora
I picked Totodile and Named him Waterblast
I did the errand for professor oak
Beat my rival
Named him riku
Headed to violet city
Arrived went straight into sprout tower
Saved the game right before the elder

Sleet
June 21st, 2010, 11:03 PM
. I don't want to get thrashed by Ash..

If Ash is anything like he was in Crystal i'll have to Grind for days :D

Myzou
June 21st, 2010, 11:25 PM
Emoxy: Now you know why I'm grinding now.

Red's pokemon are higher now. Pikachu is at like, level 88.

emoxy
June 21st, 2010, 11:40 PM
If Ash is anything like he was in Crystal i'll have to Grind for days :D

I thought that he's harder now. Except Snorlax/Espeon in GSC everything else was a joke.

Emoxy: Now you know why I'm grinding now.

Red's pokemon are higher now. Pikachu is at like, level 88.

Haha.. I would rather grind later =P Onto Blaine!

Myzou
June 21st, 2010, 11:46 PM
He is extremely hard... I had a friend lend me their competitive UBERs team, and he whooped them O_o (On my main one, I mean :P)

I ended up winning by using another friends Registeel, using Curse over and over and over, then Amnesia over and over and over. (Keeping him healed with full restores), then just going to town with Iron Head/Ice Punch.

I'm considering doing another round of the Ultimate Monotype Challenge with Normal Types after I'm done here... XD But Generation 4 has a very bad choice of normal types. I like Lopunny and Purugly, but they're pretty much the only pure normal types. XD

I may redo this with normal too, follow in emoxy's steps. :P

Corruptodile
June 21st, 2010, 11:57 PM
He is extremely hard... I had a friend lend me their competitive UBERs team, and he whooped them O_o (On my main one, I mean :P)

I ended up winning by using another friends Registeel, using Curse over and over and over, then Amnesia over and over and over. (Keeping him healed with full restores), then just going to town with Iron Head/Ice Punch.

Haha same really :D. I used a Magnezone and spent ages using Hyper Potions and X Items until I had +6 Speed, Spec Attack, Spec Def and Def. And Charizard still did a beastly half with Flare Blitz :O Ridiculous I tell you.

emoxy
June 22nd, 2010, 12:14 AM

I'm considering doing another round of the Ultimate Monotype Challenge with Normal Types after I'm done here... XD But Generation 4 has a very bad choice of normal types. I like Lopunny and Purugly, but they're pretty much the only pure normal types. XD

I may redo this with normal too, follow in emoxy's steps. :P

Haha, I guess competitive teams sometimes just wouldn't work here. I don't think people even bother to set up 3 layers of spikes against the E4.

I haven't really defeated Ash a single time yet (I didn't do it in my Bug challenge, it wasn't needed that time), but I know I'm gonna need real high levels. Just killed Blaine, and am gonna grind @ old E4 before killing Blue and 'upgrading' them =P

I might do a Flying type after this, but I think I'll revisit Platinum a bit probably.

Haha same really :D. I used a Magnezone and spent ages using Hyper Potions and X Items until I had +6 Speed, Spec Attack, Spec Def and Def. And Charizard still did a beastly half with Flare Blitz :O Ridiculous I tell you.

Haha, I love Flare Blitz. My Rapidash in Diamond (I think) with Flare Blitz is pwnage.

BTW, I realised Outrage is now my least used attack on Kangaskhan. Sigh..

amberfunk
June 22nd, 2010, 12:19 AM
Here is a little of an update. I beat whitney, fainted sudoowoodo, went to ectureak and battled my rival. I released the dogs and saved the kimono girl. I beat Morty on my first try after using about 10 full heals on Nyx:) I saved my game after leveling up Steel, Yin and Nyx. I'll post their movesets on my next update:)

emoxy
June 22nd, 2010, 01:12 AM
The double battle against Clair/Lance was NOT FUN AT ALL.