PDA

View Full Version : "Dipu, can you answer the question please? Dipu? DIPU, WAKE UP"

Honest
April 16th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Said my teacher

Me:"Huh?"

Dipu is my name, by the way

Simple question: Have you ever slept in class? If so, what happened?

Mattysaurus
April 16th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Yes, but I'm usually half-awake.
I would notice if everyone stopped talking for some reason or if the teacher called on me. :D

Code
April 16th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Yes. I had stayed up till 5 Am to do a trade over PC. It was supposed to be done by 2 Am. I was too tired to be pissed. The sleeping in class worked out well, surprisingly.
XD

Eurydice
April 16th, 2010, 01:59 PM
ya i slept in class quite a bit. (it was a boring class ^_^) so the teacher made me stand up by the white board for the rest of the class. it happened quite a bit. i blame my job because i was up until around 12-1 in the morning then having to go to school at 6 doesnt work well. :/

AuroraHearts
April 16th, 2010, 02:00 PM
oh yes... in maths XD
and my teacher even pulled the chair out on me seein as though i do it in nearly all the time :3

Melody
April 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Oh yeah, I'm guilty of this. xD

I usually don't get caught. :P

msdmario
April 16th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I am one of those people who is half-awake in most of the classes. This is definitely most common in the afternoon since I wake up pretty early to catch an 8am class in the morning. By 2:00pm which is when my afternoon class starts, my body wants to take a nap. :(

Toshiro.
April 16th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I've dozed off, but never fully slept in class. If I did I'd get caught since im not sneaky. xD

Jubilation
April 16th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Okay, so I was in Religion yesterday, and I was sitting upright but was falling alseep. I ended up falling alseep and falling off my chair and landing on the ground D;

Sammi
April 16th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I outright fell asleep in my 1st grade class; it being 1st grade, the teacher just gave me the work I missed.

In college, I sometimes was half-asleep in class. I'd only barely be awake, and I'd zone out for minutes at a time. They were all large lecture classes, though, so no one noticed. Made me mad, though, because I was in class to take notes...

EmeraldSerenade
April 16th, 2010, 07:35 PM
In 2nd grade I did. My teacher flamed me like crazy. I thought it was naptime! :3

Vyro
April 16th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I am unable to sleep past 4 a.m.

So yes. I sleep in class.

MegaSlowBro.
April 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I slept in my Geometry class O_O my teacher has hawk eyes and luckily for me I sat in the first row, nearest to her desk...although she didn't call me out in class ^^; I also dose off in English - to the point of when my head starts swaying =P

Tyrantrum
April 16th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I go as far as putting my head down and closing my eyes. There may have been times where I've actually fallen asleep, but I don't remember. To me, falling in asleep in class is kind of awkward, because, what if you started talking during your sleep? o_____o;; I would die. :<

But yeah, I don't fall asleep in class. I make sure to open my eyes after a few moments before closing them again.

Binary
April 17th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I've slept in class before. I keep my hands above my head so that nobody can see me. My friends try to wake me up though >.<.
Even when I try to sleep, I can't sleep fully though.

Zebeedoo
April 17th, 2010, 03:08 AM
Phaha, this hasn't happened to me before I think... though sometimes I feel that tired in boring classes I just wanna rest my head on the desk... but I don't incase I do happen to fall asleep. XD

Platina Berlitz
April 17th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I did in highschool. Everything was the same old stuff pretty much. I don't do that now at uni though, because it can really screw you over

Cassino
April 17th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I nodded off once for a couple minutes, nobody seemed to notice.

BHwolfgang
April 17th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I am quite guilty of this. Not only have I dozed off multiple times in various classes, but the teachers seem to notice every time I do. They all make an effort to wake me up as rude as possible, even when their attention isn't on me or even when nothing is happening in class.

They either poke my head, shout at my ear, tell a friend to attack me, slam my notebook, or something torturing. ;; It is so hypocritical of them; each one has fallen asleep in class before.

Thankfully, everyone gets a laugh out of it, so I'm not as mad as I should be. :<

Eucliffe
April 17th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I don't sleep, I "daydream". Though I eventually end up closing my eyes. I kind of listen while daydreaming, though. Don't ask how it's possible, because it probably isn't. Idek.

Although recently, I've had trouble staying awake in Geometry. Geometry = my least fave form of math. /sticking to algebra, trig., and logarithms

Captain Hobo.
April 17th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Yes, but I have only done one time.

helix
April 17th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I used to do this regularly, but I stopped doing it after realising that I was missing out on valuable lessons and that I only felt groggier afterwards.
Most of the time, the teachers either didn't notice or didn't really care.

Galukxy
April 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Yes I have fallen asleep in class before plenty of times but I have never got caught yet, just miss about half of what the
teacher is going on about.

mondays suck
April 18th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I haven't slept in class yet, but sometimes, I was really close to it. When after staying up long on one day, the classroom is not being ventilated at all on the next day, and thus extremely stuffy, nothing is harder than being fully awake.

Ninja Caterpie
April 18th, 2010, 04:29 AM
I've only ever slept in class twice. Both were for only about a minute, so nobody noticed. Not even the people sitting around me noticed. 8D

Yamikarasu
April 18th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I can usually get away with sleeping in my drama class. It's just a big room with steps instead of seats, so you can get really comfortable with your backpack as a pillow. I don't think the teacher cares. :/

zappyspiker
April 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM
We were watching this video is Geography so the classroom was dark. It was so boring I almost fell off my seat