Ichigo_Kurosaki
April 16th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I wanna know what would be a good laptop to play games like:

The Sims 3
CoD Modern Warfare
etc.

Theodore Bruno
April 16th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. A good, gaming, and laptop all in one package? Unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg, good luck finding one. I mean, laptops have their uses, but gaming isn't really one, it really doesn't have the power. Probably best to just build a PC. Sure it ain't portable, but it's cheaper, upgradable, and better in gaming.

Hybrid Trainer
April 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
you can get a good gaming laptop from www.alienware.com
but they are rediculasly expensive

donavannj
April 16th, 2010, 03:53 PM
you can get a good gaming laptop from www.alienware.com

Those are actually kinda on the cheaper side when you consider that some companies offer weaker overall hardware for higher prices *cough*SONY*cough*.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
April 16th, 2010, 06:30 PM
>gaming
>laptop

I lol'd.
But yeah, I agree, go for Alienware. They are pretty expensive, but they still beat Macs. :D

donavannj
April 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM
>gaming
>laptop

I lol'd.
But yeah, I agree, go for Alienware. They are pretty expensive, but they still beat Macs. :D

Whoops. Forgot about Macs when talking about overpriced hardware.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
April 16th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. A good, gaming, and laptop all in one package? Unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg, good luck finding one.

My family is rich so money isnt a problem. And when I say rich I mean freakin RICH

Theodore Bruno
April 16th, 2010, 09:34 PM
My family is rich so money isnt a problem. And when I say rich I mean freakin RICHKids these days and their rich parents, ain't you lucky...Well, Alienware might be good, but that is ripping you off, yet then again, you are rich, so no problem, I guess. I'd probably do some research on some computer hardware, so you actually know what's inside the thing.

>
>:I

donavannj
April 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Kids these days and their rich parents, ain't you lucky...Well, Alienware might be good, but that is ripping you off, yet then again, you are rich, so no problem, I guess. I'd probably do some research on some computer hardware, so you actually know what's inside the thing.

Quite a few Alienware laptops are better deals than Sony laptops, and, really, all the high-end laptops are ridiculously expensive.

Silver
April 16th, 2010, 09:48 PM
>gaming
>laptop

I lol'd.

Do not listen to this kid, Alienware is just a Dell Laptop in a shiny case for more money. Shop around, see what gives you the best price for performance imo.

Zet
April 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Do not listen to this kid, Alienware is just a Dell Laptop in a shiny case for more money. Shop around, see what gives you the best price for performance imo.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all the Dell stuff on the website gives it away.

And if you want the best performance, just build your own machine.

donavannj
April 16th, 2010, 09:58 PM

Spoken like someone who has never shopped for laptops before and hates Dell. Dell's laptops are actually pretty good in hardware reliability, and in specs, especially the Alienware brand.

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 05:58 AM
Though I'm not a fan of Dell, I currently have a nice one capable of running Resident Evil V quite well (at least, it has the specs to do that). In October, it cost me 1300$ including Windows 7, so... I just wish I could have afforded a better graphic card :s but the one I have is at the top of Rank 3, almost Rank 2, so it's all right for now.

Specs:

RAM: 4GB DDR2 SDRAM
Processor: Intel Pentium Core Duo^2 P7350; 2GHZ - 1028MB FSB - 3MB Cache
Video Card: Mobility Radeon HD 4550

For 1300$, it's not too shabby. Alienware is known as a gaming PC company, though, so if you're "rich", might as well go with them.

Okami Chi
April 22nd, 2010, 06:58 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. A good, gaming, and laptop all in one package? Unless you're willing to pay an arm and a leg, good luck finding one. I mean, laptops have their uses, but gaming isn't really one, it really doesn't have the power. Probably best to just build a PC. Sure it ain't portable, but it's cheaper, upgradable, and better in gaming.
I agree with that. Laptops (if made for gaming) cost way too much. I mean if you on the go a lot, okay then. But if you just want something to game on build a PC. You will save atleast $200-$300 maybe more.
you can get a good gaming laptop from www.alienware.com (http://www.alienware.com)
Yeah, I mean I go to a college where the whole lab is Alienware, but I am just fine with my HP, but if you got the cash/your parents will buy it. :D Then I guess you could. They are the best, but not in cost.

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
Actually, a PC is way cheaper than saving 200$. I was comparing the prices, and I could've gotten a really awesome video card, sound card... everything card really lol... and a better processor, more storage, more RAM, etc. with 1300$. I just like the mobility aspect of laptops.

A gaming laptop is hella-expensive, but if you like being mobile (and if you realize you CAN successfully set it up to be a desktop-laptop hybrid with the VGA output, etc.), then it's awesome to work with.

xJordan360
April 22nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
Alienware, ibuypower, Dell XPS, etc.

Also, Alienware is not Dell, it was a separate, wholly-owned subsidiary company that Dell bought out in 2006.

Ziraider
April 22nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
I would say Alienware, but if you know what you are doing I would go to newegg.com and buy everything it's pretty cheap you know what you are doing

John-117
April 22nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
how about go to i buy power? they have different laptop and cheaper then Alienware.

Bolens
April 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM
My Dell Studio 17 has been working like a charm for a while now. I loaded it with 500 GB HD, 4GB of RAM, 3.2 GHZ CPU, 1 GB Video Card. It was around $1200, but works awesome!

twocows
April 25th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Your best bet is to get a medium or low tier laptop and build your own computer with the best parts available; it'll game better than any "gaming" laptop. If you have to go with a gaming laptop, you may want to try the Xplorer X6-8800 (http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Xplorer_X6-8800_Notebook/) from CyberPower. I recommend the Logitech MX518 (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice_pointers/mice/devices/4259) gaming mouse and the Sennheiser HD 201 (http://www.headphone.com/headphones/sennheiser-hd-201.php) headphones to go with it.

Also, if you've got money to spare, select a solid state hard drive in the laptop customization, they're very fast; make sure you don't try to defragment if you go with a solid state drive, though.