PDA

View Full Version : should I get my hair cut for a girl?

wellod
April 16th, 2010, 09:43 PM
well a girl and about 50 other people that said I should, but I really like my hair long. its not to bad it goes to my neck at longest, but I guess everyone (including my creepy math teacher) says I should get it cut any help?

Eurydice
April 16th, 2010, 09:49 PM
its up to you. if you like it long then don't cut it. no one else can really make the decision except you.

Captain Hobo.
April 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Yeah I agree you should do what you want.

Eпvy
April 17th, 2010, 07:49 AM
It's your hair. If you like it long you should keep it that way.

Cassino
April 17th, 2010, 07:50 AM
No. Most nobody that goes "get a haircut" is actually serious about it.

donavannj
April 17th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Only get it cut if your going on a job hunt. Otherwise, at most, you should be fine getting it cleaned up.

institutions
April 17th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Well, people used to tell me to get my haircut all the time. Mine went down to a little past my shoulders. One day I just said "What the hell", and got it cut up to around mid-neck length or a little shorter. Now I really like it like that and don't want it longer.

It's really all up to you. If you love your long hair by all means keep it. There's always the chance you might actually like it after it's cut, but theres also the possibility of hating it, and it'll be hell waiting for it to grow back again.

EmeraldSerenade
April 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Yes.No.
If you like you hair, then keep it that way. Don't listen to other peoples opinions unless they're somewhat positive... Its your hair, so you can choose what you want to do with it.

Signomi
April 17th, 2010, 08:16 AM
People are full of mixed opinions, some may want you to cut it, others may want you to leave it. Like others above, I would suggest you stick true to how you feel about your hair and decide on it yourself. It's your appearance, so it should be your decision.

Tyrantrum
April 18th, 2010, 12:01 AM
My friend goes through the same issue with his girlfriend. He told me that she has told him that she will break up with him if he keeps his hair REALLY long.

I think it's pretty stupid. I cut my hair just yesterday because I wanted to. You should cut your hair only if you really want to. You don't have to if you don't want to.

(btw, I had my hair down to my neck as well)

Yamikarasu
April 18th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I have a friend with really long hair, and we tell him to get a haircut, but if he actually did we would be devastated. His hair is awesome.

So yeah, just do what you want to do, and if the people you talk to are joking then don't even consider it.

.hack
April 18th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Ignore all advice from creepy teachers.
Said with experience.

The Cynic
April 18th, 2010, 07:02 AM
I got told almost every day at High School to cut my hair by someone. It's fine, you ony need to do it if you want. Perhaps you might enjoy a change in style. My motto applies here:

"Try everything once, except incest and folk dancing."

Melody
April 18th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Your hair, your choice. If you really and truly like it long then ignore those idiots who say "get a haircut".

There are some people who think that guys MUST have short hair, and they get on my nerves too so don't feel as if you're the only one with this problem. X3

Dakota
April 18th, 2010, 09:52 AM
It's up to you. Keep it if you really like it, but it can't hurt to try something new. xD, I got my haircut yesterday I was forced by mom. >_> I thought I'd hate it, but then I realized I can spike it up now... and my hair curls, so yea!

So it's totally up to you. It's your hair, your life.

zappyspiker
April 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
It's your choice not theirs. I have the same problem I look like a guy with my hair and people think I should grow it

Trope
April 19th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Do what you want to do, simple as that. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing what you don't want to do. Not even a girlfriend.

Besides, a lot of girls like guys with long hair. ;)

Halcyon
April 20th, 2010, 01:37 AM
If you really like your hair, then don't cut.
Cut if you think you can "work" that hairstyle.

PuNkSter
April 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
don't do it for the girl. even if they think it looks better. it's your hair, so you do whatever you want with it. remember that you'll always be the same person before the haircut and after the haircut.

RivalGator
April 21st, 2010, 04:58 AM
If you like it long, then don't cut it short. I don't care how you'd look. Don't do it just because a bunch of morons and a creepy child molester tells you so. lol. If you like it long, then keep it long. But if you want to experiment a little and cut it short, then try middle length!