PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you even use post comments?

Cassino
April 17th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Since it's not reputation anymore and hasn't been for some time, I've noticed nobody has been giving me any of these often nonsensical and usually anonymous (shame too, I'd like to follow many up and ask for an explanation) one-liners. Maybe it's simply that nobody notices it anymore, but do tell.

As an aside: if you do make post comments, do you append them with your name? I do.

Harley Quinn
April 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hah, I use them maybe once a month, as I've almost forgotten about them. Most of the time when I send them, they're usually as a joke so they're is no point for me signing.

wee187
April 17th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I rarely used them when the rep system was in place, and now I definitely don't use it. I don't think I have at all within like the past 8 months. xD

Yoshimi
April 17th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah, actually. My most current one was praising twocows about the awesome image that he posted about the iPad.
I still check my post comments as well. Apparently I'm the only one who does that these days.

Sometimes I post the comment with my name, but lately I've just been slacking.

Limey-chan
April 17th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I didn't even realise the reputation thing had been changed. Still, that's what happens when you spend over half a year away from this place.

I voted 'Post..what?' but for the record no, I don't.

Prince_of_Light
April 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Nope. Maybe we should just get rid of the feature outright, I never saw the point of leaving a post comment when you can just quote someone and say whatever you wanted to say that way.

AtomicoExploda
April 17th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I forgot about them for a while until I just saw this thread title. I haven't ever used the post comment feature, even when it was the reputation, and I hate getting them. They're just annoying biased messages that criticize my posts, and what's worse is that I don't even know who sent them, so I can't inquire about the comment.

Patchisou Yutohru
April 17th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I find them pointless. I don't use them.

Forever
April 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I haven't given one since January however I do check the recieved part every day basically.

MarstheCar
April 17th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I have never used this "post comment/reputation" thing.

Eucliffe
April 17th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Occasionally.

Usually, though, if I wanna say something to someone, I do it through VMs/PMs/in actual threads (unless it's personal, of course).

BHwolfgang
April 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I don't see a point in them anymore. There are more useful ways of telling someone about what you feel about his or her's post.

Izanagi
April 17th, 2010, 06:38 PM
It's a good way to comment on a post without spamming. Why was the rep system dropped?

Captain Hobo.
April 17th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Heck no I don't even care.

Binary
April 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM
No, I've never commented on anyone's post before. I have received some post comments. But that was like a year ago.

Mattysaurus
April 17th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I used it once when they first came out.

I miss the reputation.
But I don't use the comments anymore. :/

Alexithymia~
April 18th, 2010, 02:20 AM
I've used comments once recently.. it was to praise someone on their post. I found it easier than posting it on their profile. /shy

But only once, EVER. XD;

mondays suck
April 18th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I have seen that option maybe once or twice, never used it and then forgot about it until I came across this thread. So, I'm voting for "Post...What?"

Ninja Caterpie
April 18th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I forgot about the post comment things. Well, I know they're there, but I just never bother. If there's something worth commenting about, I'll just post.

Yamikarasu
April 18th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I sometimes think about sending comments, but I don't think I ever have. I've only gotten maybe one or two, if any, since they disabled reputation.

Cassino
April 18th, 2010, 07:28 AM
It's a good way to comment on a post without spamming. Why was the rep system dropped?
That's why I use them, too; I don't often want to intrude so much as to use a PM. Reputation was dropped because people were abusing it somehow like the colossal morons they are.

Toshiro.
April 18th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Not really, they seem pointless to me. Just drop someone a VM, I think thats easier.

Jordan
April 18th, 2010, 07:47 AM
If the message isn't urgent enough that I'd want to VM/PM the person and get a response, I will use post comment. I've used it twice in this month, I believe. I'll sign my name when I want my identity to be known; otherwise, I'll just leave it anonymous.

EmeraldSerenade
April 18th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I forgot about this Dx.. i'm pretty sure I've use it in a few posts.. anonymously :3

i rather vm though..

Ayselipera
April 18th, 2010, 08:07 AM
When the rep system was around I only used it once. Ever since the post comments came in I also only used it once. If I like someones posts I'll just vm them and if I don't I just don't talk to them. I really wish I could just delete my one and only post comment since it was pointless to say.

Melody
April 18th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I use post comments occasionally, to either compliment on a post (which I do sign) or to give some constructive criticism to the silly nubs who have poor spelling/grammar/rule following ability. XD

I don't sign criticism, I do sign compliments though. I don't think the post comment system is pointless...I believe that it's a good way to correct someone who is likely going to take criticism the wrong way, if you use PM/VM, they know who it is criticizing them and they tend to become a pain in the butt. (I love a good debate sometimes, but not all the time)

Honest
April 18th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Since it's not reputation anymore and hasn't been for some time, I've noticed nobody has been giving me any of these often nonsensical and usually anonymous (shame too, I'd like to follow many up and ask for an explanation) one-liners. Maybe it's simply that nobody notices it anymore, but do tell.

As an aside: if you do make post comments, do you append them with your name? I do.

xD, you left me one when I made that thread about where you live... thanks, by the way, I actually didn't know that. xD

Hmm... well, I used to give a whole lot of them when rep still existed... but nowadays, I don't really. I do sometimes if I feel like informing somebody of something, but VMs also take care of that, and I tend to use that more often. xD

ReyRey-Pyon
April 18th, 2010, 10:11 AM
I used Rep a lil' bit when it was around

never signed them.

Post comments are just meh to me oAo
I don't use it at all anymore
I could always just VM a person or something

how many people even really check the post comments anymore anyways OAO

Talli
April 18th, 2010, 10:27 AM
me or curtis..I can tell you we never use it ever in the forums * evil laugh*

Timbjerr
April 18th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I use it all the time...primarily to deride people who make spamtastic posts or are trolling up threads. XD