PDA

View Full Version : Do you drive?

Ardos
April 17th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I couldn't come up with a creative title :/

Anyways, just as the title asks. Do you drive? If so, do you enjoy it or is it something you fear?

I drive. I enjoy driving. I was nervous when I first got my license but I've gotten use to it.

Limey-chan
April 17th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I don't, and i've never taken lessons.

I might ask for lessons for my 18th this year, we'll see.

Mr. Downstairs
April 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I do drive! I drive quite strangely as well. I drive with my left foot up on the seat. :3

I do enjoy driving. Especially when I don't have to run errands for my dad and I can just drive around all by myself listening to some music that makes me look like a freak dancing to behind the wheel. Because I do that... and I wave at other drivers as well! :)

Esper
April 17th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I can drive. I like what driving lets me accomplish in a day (compared to busing it or riding my bike), but I can't say I enjoy doing it.

Walking or taking public transportation is less stressful and allows me to let my mind wander. You can't really do that while driving. Well, you can, but it'll be the last thing you ever do.

MarstheCar
April 17th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I will driving one day this year. I just need a vehicle and license.

wee187
April 17th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Technically I can get my license but I myself don't want to yet because I feel I don't have enough Driving experience on the highway. Once I drive more on the Highway and get used to that, I'm set to go get it. XD

Eucliffe
April 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I-I'm afraid to.

I'm definitely old enough for my permit (and for my license, too), and I've even started up my mom's Subaru a couple of times, and moved it a couple feet (although I nearly crashed it), but other than that, I can't drive, and as I said, I'm a bit afraid to.

With my "special" arms, Idk if that would have an effect on how I hold the steering wheel/adjust things/etc. so I would have to take time getting used to that.

I'll probably wait 'til I'm 18 or so. That, or be healthy and lose weight (as well as gain some volts in the PokeWalker) by walking around everywhere.

Captain Hobo.
April 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
No, I am to young to drive.

Binary
April 17th, 2010, 08:33 PM
No, I don't drive ;_;.
I wish I could. Maybe in about two years time, I'll be confident enough and get a license.

Ayselipera
April 17th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah I drive, but I don't enjoy it. I'm not afraid or anything like that I just get extremely bored. I love to look out the window at all the houses, but I can't when I'm driving. I actually get really drowsy when I drive. Which probably isn't a good thing by the way...

MudkipManiac
April 17th, 2010, 08:44 PM
i dont. i cant. i too young

Mattysaurus
April 17th, 2010, 08:46 PM
I DO, I DO!

I have my permit and I've been driving with my teacher and parents lately. :D
I can't get over saying that!:O

SkyKnight
April 17th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Not yet XD I just need to wait 6 months then I can get my permit, which will later move on to my license ^_^

xxkaylabby
April 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
i can..but i am scared too.

reyzn
April 17th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I drive and enjoy it very much. I'm not really into taking transit because I find them to be unreliable (sometimes the bus doesn't even come!!) at times and I hate being late for important things =x. With driving, you're on your own time instead of following a set transit schedule.

ThatsTakao
April 17th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I do drive.
Poorly.
But I drive.
c:

donavannj
April 17th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I drive quite a bit... I've probably logged 50,000 miles of driving in the year and a half I've had my license, and I had my learner's permit for nearly 3 years before that. And I, for the most part, still enjoy it. I could do without the traffic bottlenecks, though.

Kura
April 17th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah I have my full license. I don't mind driving, but I prefer it if someone else drives me so I can look at the scenery more.. I can also be quite bad with directions if I haven't been to that certain place before.

.EJ
April 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I drive, but I can't get my full license until October.

Ah well =]

Pixels
April 17th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I've been able to get my learner's for over a year now, not really that interested in driving though so I still haven't gone for it. :/

Lawbsta
April 17th, 2010, 09:46 PM
I do drive. I enjoy it since I don't need to ask people to drop me off/pick me up to/from anywhere unless I can't take my car for whatever reason.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
April 17th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I can drive, I've had my license since.. last May, I believe. I really don't drive, since I don't really go anywhere without anyone else, so I usually just let them drive. If I had my own car I probably would, but.. I don't.

I don't particularly enjoy driving. I don't hate it, but it isn't something I really care to do if I don't have to.

Galukxy
April 17th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I think I'm a loud to drive. I don't know what the age limit is here but the only time
I drove was in one of those Bumper kart things (if that counts) but technically I can not drive.

Eliminator Jr.
April 17th, 2010, 10:09 PM
I can't drive without a supervising driver until I'm eighteen. I recently turned seventeen so I've still got another year until I can drive myself. For now I have to drive with a fully licensed person to get practice. Though it's kinda lame how the age limit is eighteen over here and not sixteen like in the USA.

Signomi
April 17th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Yes, I do drive. I passed my driving test in October '08 and have been driving ever since. It's a great stress reliever for me and at times I take trips out to clear my head.

Tyrantrum
April 17th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I was able to get my permit months ago, but have not gotten it yet. I do intend on learning to drive soon, but I'm too freaked out at the moment, seeing as I've watched too many of those "Drive Safely" videos with the very graphic commercial scenarios. :(

mondays suck
April 18th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I DO, I DO!

I have my permit and I've been driving with my teacher and parents lately. :D
I can't get over saying that!:O
A driving license with 14? Where do you get that? I thought the earliest would be 16 in some countries with great distances...

I can drive, but only with my parents as co-driver. Being able to drive on my own is probably the only reason I have to look forward to my 18th birthday. Yes, I like driving, even though I failed my practical test in last year's summer once because of nervosity.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 18th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I have a driver's license, but no currently operating automobile. I'll sometimes drive my parents' car when I'm home for the summer, but I have nothing to drive while at college.

Yamikarasu
April 18th, 2010, 06:29 AM
I've had my license for a little over six months now, meaning where I live I can finally legally drive other people around...not that I have been breaking the law before now...hehe.

So yeah, I drive a lot, and usually to my friends' houses on Friday nights. I feel mature. :D

Cassino
April 18th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I do, and while I enjoy driving, my concern about the fact every aspect of automobile ownership costs a seemingly extortionate degree of money means I only drive when necessary to get somewhere distant, and I don't see myself as very likely to even own one later on in life. I still much prefer using a bicycle, although the fact that it is illegal to ride on the pavement is very grating, but I and everyone else does it anyway, so even if I run into the police they're not really bothered; even so, I worry somewhat, that there exists no means of transport not costly either to time, freedom or money...

Vital
April 18th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I'm 14, so I'm a bit young, but I have driven my cousins car one around the block. XD, it was so much fun until I almost ran over a pigeon. =(

Timbjerr
April 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I drive all the time...I don't particularly like it and I'm always scared I might kill myself and/or my passengers, but I do it everyday to get to and from work and school. XD

Sammi
April 18th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Never driven a car in my life. :) Either I get rides from people, or I walk. I walk to work everyday, and walk from work most days. It all depends.

I need to look into picking up a bike.

Eurydice
April 18th, 2010, 05:02 PM
i have had my license for about a year and i love being able to drive. just the freedom of not having to rely on someone else to take you places.

zappyspiker
April 18th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I go my learners in January, I started hitting the road 2 weeks ago

Saltare.
April 18th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Not yet. I'm going to take Drivers ED my freshman year. So I can get my permit now then get my licence when I'm 15.

Trope
April 19th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Yesssssss. I love cars and speed, and would spend every minute of my life in my car if I got the chance. No such luck tho.

I'm looking to buy my first car atm, but I'm seriously tiring of it. I'm always looking at medium sized sport cars, while my parents want me to buy one of those tiny city cars. Which I do not want. If I go to a garage on my own, I get strange looks (honestly people, never saw a 21 year old girl with a healthy passion for cars?) and then they're off chatting about the tiny cars again, cuz I'm a girl, and apparently girls are supposed to like small, cute brightly coloured cars. >_<

I'm currently looking for more information on one of these:
http://www.dieselstation.com/pics/2010-Renault-Fluence-car-pictures.jpg

Aint it a beauty? <3

daigonite
April 19th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I drive. I wonder why the population of my local town has fell by 5% in the last year...

shookie
April 19th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I do! I got my license four years ago (aahhhh) after taking driver's ed classes the summer between sophomore and junior year of high school. I ended up failing my test the first time, but (obviously) ended up passing on my retest. I don't really drive anywhere far, mostly to school and back, though I've made a few "road trips" for conventions and such.

My car is, and has been, a (used) 2003 silver Chevy Malibu. It isn't fantastic, but it was cheap, and it gets me from point A to point B. My manual (hand crank) windows are a fun conversation piece too :D