PDA

View Full Version : Zelda What happened to Termina? *SPOILERS*

thorn96
April 17th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I've had this on my mind for ages, and I just thought I'd ask for your opinion.

When the goddesses flooded Hyrule to stop Ganon, what happened to Termina? Was Termina sealed off? Did Termina get flooded as well? And if so, what were the consequences? Did the Four Giants save the day? WHAT HAPPENED?

I'd like to hear what you guys have to say.

I thought this kind of loophole in the story would make a great sequel/spin off to Majoras Mask. Any thoughts?

Shadow
April 17th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have the game yet), but isn't the plotline of Spirit Tracks something to the note of: Link and Tetra found some distant kingdom that wasn't flooded and set up a new Hyrule there.

It could be possible that Termina survived the flood.

If it even existed in the first place...

In before Triforce.

thorn96
April 18th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have the game yet), but isn't the plotline of Spirit Tracks something to the note of: Link and Tetra found some distant kingdom that wasn't flooded and set up a new Hyrule there.

It could be possible that Termina survived the flood.

If it even existed in the first place...

In before Triforce.

But wasn't Termina populated by many different species, like Deku Scrubs and Zoras, which are non-existant in Spirit Tracks? We have the Anuki, but they seem to be the only non-human residents apart from the Spirits and the Lokomo, and I doubt they are native. Another thing would be the Four Giants; what happened to them?

I guess the geographical features of New Hyrule are reminiscent of Termina, ie the 4 quarters being different realms, but they're in a different order to Termina and so I don't think that is true.

Shadow
April 19th, 2010, 02:42 AM
But wasn't Termina populated by many different species, like Deku Scrubs and Zoras, which are non-existant in Spirit Tracks? We have the Anuki, but they seem to be the only non-human residents apart from the Spirits and the Lokomo, and I doubt they are native. Another thing would be the Four Giants; what happened to them?

I guess the geographical features of New Hyrule are reminiscent of Termina, ie the 4 quarters being different realms, but they're in a different order to Termina and so I don't think that is true.

No, no. I wasn't saying New Hyrule was Termina. I was just using it as an example of a distant land that presumably survived the Great Flood.

If New Hyrule survived, then we can only assume there's a possibility Termina survived. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that earlier.

Zet
April 19th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Wasn't Termina in another world?

TRIFORCE89
April 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Termina is a parallel universe. Although entry is possible through the Lost Woods in Hyrule, I would venture that the presence of outsiders has been at a minimum existent. The Triforce does appear in some of the architecture of Termina. I think the knowledge of Hyrule and the goddesses is present in some form, however small.

The flooding of Hyrule was in response to the prayers of the Hyrulean people. Hyrulean. Not the people of Termina. Would the goddesses answer the prayers of people who weren't praying to them? Let alone people who believe in the giants instead.

In a strange sense, the flooding was supposed to save Hyrule. Flooding Termina would, to me, seems like a punishment.

I kinda think it was exempt. They weren't flooded. They're beyond the jurisdiction of the goddesses, and that any reference in architecture is from the few travellers who have fallen down the rabbit hold so-to-speak.

New Hyrule "survived". But I think it grew. Somehow, through the magic of the Deku Tree and the Koroks new land masses were formed and slowly merged together.

siper x
April 25th, 2010, 06:18 AM
termina actually never existed. it was all in his mind, like the game "Link's awakening".
the reason i know this is that, (sadly) i read the manga.

TRIFORCE89
April 27th, 2010, 05:53 AM
termina actually never existed. it was all in his mind, like the game "Link's awakening".
the reason i know this is that, (sadly) i read the manga.
Manga isn't canon. I see no reason for Termina not to exist.

Banjora Marxvile
April 27th, 2010, 10:52 PM
All I know is that Termina is parallel to Hyrule. So, it is possible the flood affected it, or not. I'm willing to bet it did get flooded, but it is a weird place, as in the games, you can only really access it from some weird woods, falling into this weird tree stump, down into this weird cave, into the weird Clock Tower... So, yeah, I think it got flooded (Really wish it isn't, but chances are, it did), and if not, it is called Termina after "Terminal" (Hooray for time), and it was already threatened by the moon, and it's luck isn't the greatest, so if not destroyed by the flood, it could have been destroyed by anything else.

If it was destroyed.