PDA

View Full Version : Your Positivity on a scale of 1 to 10.

kidpunk
April 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Mine is about a 3. I've really never been a positive person, which is weird because I'm never sad and usually not that doubtful. How positive are you?

Cassino
April 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM

The water in the glass is simply halfway; I entertain the most realistic course.

Yoshimi
April 18th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Since I consider myself to be more of a realist than anything, I'd maybe be a 4; but that's when I see what's happening in the world. I'm about a 7 when it comes to matters directly relating to me.

.hack
April 18th, 2010, 02:42 PM

More negative then positive but not too negative....

Pazuru
April 18th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Considering I hate it when people are pessimistic about things, I would say I'm at least a 6. Though it can go up and down, as I switch between being the three, depending on the situation. Realist when it comes to the world, optimist when it comes to some personal things, and pessimist when it comes to other things. Though the final one doesn't come often at all.

Pretty much I know that the world isn't all butterflies and rainbows, but if there is a good side of things to think about/consider, that's what I think about.

EmeraldSerenade
April 18th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I can be positive most of the time, but there's times when I can be quite pessimistic...

oh yes 100 post ^.^

Jordan
April 18th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I would say my positivity is about a 6. I firmly believe that a positive resolution for anything can always be achieved with determination and mindpower, but the process will be difficult. I'm cynical and always take the most cautious options when approaching new things; however, I still hope for the best outcome.

I hope that made sense. ><;

BHwolfgang
April 18th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I am proud to say that the highest I would give myself is an 8.

I am a very happy person. If you saw me in real-life, I would probably have a smile on my face. There are only a few things in life that could put me down. No one can be eternally happy; I would sometime be caught being depressed. However, I try to the very hardest to keep it down. It won't last long, and I don't want anyone noticing too much.

i<3Salamence
April 18th, 2010, 04:22 PM
uhhh... i guess i'm like an 8. i try to look at positives. but the thing is... i have to TRY in order to do it. but my friends are constantly telling me how happy they are when they're around me because of how optomistic i am. so that's why it's an 8 instead. maybe i'm optimistic and don't know it. lol ;)

Trope
April 19th, 2010, 07:54 AM
6. I'm generally quite happy, yet tend to have a lot of depressed moments mostly caused by problems in my family.

4 when I'm in a certain period of the month. =P

Ardos
April 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I'd probably give myself a 5.

At times, I can be really down on myself. I don't feel this way all the time however, I can also be very positive and happy. So it's half and half for me.

Captain Hobo.
April 19th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Mine is about 8. I am pretty positive.

SkyKnight
April 19th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I'm around and 8 because I usually think optimistically and I have a vivid imagination on things (which causes me to laugh randomly). However, on my low, I can be around a 3 =P

jigglyppuff8
April 19th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I say 8 and not just because it's 8. I put myself out to be a very negative person on the Internet and I hate it. It seems the Internet just loves the people who are negative and go on about how they hate everything and how much the world sucks. It saddens me that I do that just to fit in. BUT TH1S 1S JUST WH4T YOU 34RTH P3OPL3 C4LL T4NG3NTS

I like to think of myself as a very "LIFE IS AWESOME! WHAT NEW ENDEAVORS WILL I DO TODAY?" sort of guy. Also, this guy right here. ⊂(゚ヮ゚)⊃

institutions
April 19th, 2010, 03:59 PM
6. I'm generally quite happy, yet tend to have a lot of depressed moments mostly caused by problems in my family.

4 when I'm in a certain period of the month. =P

That's not awkward to think about at all...lol.

Probably a 3. I'm a pessimist.
I actually like being in a small state of depression.

Offtopic: OP, I was staring at the picture in your sig trying to figure out what band that was, gave up, scrolled down and saw it and felt stupid :P

Mattysaurus
April 19th, 2010, 07:58 PM
With my friends, 8.
With strangers or other people, 3.

I'm really crabby if someone I like is with me.

Halcyon
April 20th, 2010, 01:34 AM
It fluctuates easily, so I don't know. xD

zappyspiker
April 20th, 2010, 01:45 AM
8 but that's not when I'm not on a high

mondays suck
April 20th, 2010, 06:57 AM

I see myself and am seen by others as a clear pessimist, the only times I am optimistic is when nothing seems to be able to go wrong (which makes it a 2 and not a 1, even though this rarely happens.-) or sometimes I show an ironic optimism (because its funny) ... if that counts

ILoveDragonite
April 20th, 2010, 09:06 AM
1-8, i have massive mood swings.

The Darkest Gale
April 20th, 2010, 09:09 AM
4-8 I am either negative for the whole day or positive the whole day ^^
mostly negative lol

Serene Grace
April 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I would probably give myself an 8. I'm positive most of the time, I like to smile because it makes me feel happy and it enhances my looks. I'm quite confident about myself which makes me smile even more. XD;

I'm not positive all the time but negativity, for me, doesn't last long. XD

Zebeedoo
April 20th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I'd say I'm about a 5. Sometimes I'm completely positive. Other times I'm like... really down. xD

Black Mage
April 20th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I'm a 9/10. No matter the situation I always look at it with a "glass half full" kind of mentality. I do have my moments of doubt but I usually get over those pretty quickly. I almost never worry about things and I always go with the flow.

PuNkSter
April 20th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I guess i'm a 7. I have a positive out look, but also have my negative moments.

Anxiety.
April 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM
...About a 4, I would think.

I'm not 100% negative, but I'm more negative than positive.

Blue_Drifblim
April 20th, 2010, 03:38 PM

I always try to be as positive as I can, in hopes that I rub off on somebody.

Tyrantrum
April 20th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Around a 3 - 7. Get switch between being positive and negative a lot. I guess in a way, I'm bipolar? :\

インフェルノの津波
April 21st, 2010, 11:59 PM
I'm an Optimist. Although I can get a bit pessimistic too though....

Halcyon
April 22nd, 2010, 03:07 AM
I am an optimist, but I subconsciously become a pessimist at times.
Sorry, I can't help it. ;~;

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 05:39 AM
I'm generally optimistic - too optimistic, in fact. I guess that's just me believing that everything will be all right in the end since Allah is there to guide us. I do believe everything happens for a reason; after being eight months out-of-work and my fiance being fired because a manager of another store lied about his customer service skills, I believe optimistically that it happened so that Allah may give him a better job: in this case, 40h/w (in comparison to 28 from before) on night-shifts at Walmart with a great team (in comparison to the crappy team he had before, too).

I only become pessimistic about my weight. Otherwise, I'm too optimistic.

xJordan360
April 22nd, 2010, 06:05 AM
I like myself a happy medium. I'm what I like to call a 'realist.'

Morkula
April 22nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
I tend to be a bit more pessimistic, simply because I get let down easily if things don't go exactly as planned (and it's happened too many times). Think of it this way...if you're optimistic, you're going to expect things to be right and be disappointed when things don't go right, while if you're pessimistic you EXPECT things to go wrong. But if they go right you're pleasantly surprised.

I'm not extremely negatively pessimistic though, so I guess I'm more of a slightly pessimistic realist.

Vital
April 22nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
My GF thinks I'm a bit too optimistic. xD, I always look for the good sides of arguments and such, and I try to control my anger, and normally am able to. =)

EmeraldSerenade
April 22nd, 2010, 03:22 PM
Both. But I'm most optimistic then pessimistic. I tend to insult everyone once in a while, yet i recover from negative comments thrown at me easily...

Mr. Downstairs
April 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic.

Zorua
April 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
I've been told that I'm a ambitious realist. I guess that's what I am. xD;

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
April 22nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
You need realist because that's what I am.

Pazuru
April 22nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Definitely optimistic. I hate pessimism, and I try hard to stay away from it. Do not complain/be pessimistic around me. I get testy, and I'll eventually may even yell at you to stop being just a pessimist.

Though I will admit I do have my pessimistic times. Who doesn't? Only if you think the world is flowers and rainbows all the time.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 22nd, 2010, 04:26 PM
People with too much optimism will be disappointed one day. So I prefer being a "grim realist" as I say.

See wut I did thar?

Mattysaurus
April 22nd, 2010, 06:14 PM
I'm too much of an optimistic person.
I try to go one day as a pessimist, but I never make it.

Esper
April 22nd, 2010, 09:47 PM
I'm no Candide, that's for sure. I have pretty low expectations though often I'm pleasantly surprised by how much better things are than I expect them to be. I don't know if that makes me an optimist, pessimist or realist.

helix
April 22nd, 2010, 10:44 PM
To be happy is a good idea. Constantly being morose doesn't exactly attract good fortune- it more or less scares off others, really. And I like to find both the good sides and the bad sides to everything!
I believe in both of them. I work to try and keep the best of both of them in my daily thoughts.
...Well, I'm more pessimistic. Heh..

Jesh
April 22nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
Realistic optimist apparently. Pretty right.

Tree_x
April 22nd, 2010, 11:16 PM
Pessimistic the glass is half empty who fills a glass halfway? you drank some thus you have less! not to mention the world is no posies and rainbows no point in pretending it is

Åzurε
April 23rd, 2010, 06:54 AM
I like to think of myself as a realistic optimist.

Mr. Downstairs
April 29th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Note: I merged a thread with this one, which was basically asking if you were a positive thinking person or a negative thinking one, so there'll be a change of answers from the scale to just explanations come the second page, showing where the thread merge took place. Just thought I'd give you guys a little heads up so you don't have that moment of scratching your head in confusion when you read through the thread.

Melody
April 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I'd say I'm at about 7.

However, depending on my mood, this level can vary by +/-3 points. Usually it hangs at about +/-1 unless I'm feeling very strong emotion.

hiphiphippo
April 29th, 2010, 03:20 PM
uh, 6?
positive on the outside, negative on the inside.. lol
(+) i do laugh a lot, but only when i'm with certain people
(-) i'm very paranoid in my mind

Eternal Nightmare
April 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I would say my positivity is at a 3. I'm not a positive person and I like being negative because its fun to me. However, online imabout a 7 when it comes to being positive :D -> D:

Illekn
April 29th, 2010, 08:24 PM
On most days? A twelve(12.) xP Sometimes I can be overly positive, sometimes to the point where people think I've just gone and lost it...

When I'm down...? A 5+

RuRuBell
April 29th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I guess I would be arounf a 5 or a 6. I try to keep a happy and healthy outlook on things, but I also keep myself grounded with some pessimism so I won't be too surprised/disappointed if something goes wrong. I can get pretty paranoid at times.

One one hand, something good can happen, but let's not forget that there is also a bad possiblity. I try to focus on the good, though!

Idiot!
May 3rd, 2010, 06:45 AM
I am negative enough to say my score is a negative. No point relying on luck, at all.

Ursula
May 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
I'm not very positive. My parents say I complain far too much, and I nitpick at everything. But, I'm not ~completely pessimistic~.
So, I'd say, for the most part I'm like a 3 or 4, occasionally delving into 2dom ):

Narcissus Secret
May 3rd, 2010, 02:40 PM
7-9/10. Usually. I tend to think of thinks as half full, and view the positive side. Of course... I will have my times when I think nothing is going right.. but I'm still usuall a 6-8. Because... I have hope! Yup. Even when things are bad, I just know that one day in life.. I'll come to a moment and say "This is what makes life worth living..." Probably like college or something..

Trap-Eds
May 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Currently I'm floating around 5 or 6...I used to be really optimistic up to 8 or 9, but that was before I became a lazy bum. :P

Kenpari
May 3rd, 2010, 04:43 PM
8-10, somewhere around there. I consider myself a really positive person. I never really look at the bad side of things unless I absolutely have to. I think everything is going to go good for me and I do my best to make that happen. Be positive and you will achieve great goals. :)

Sammi
May 3rd, 2010, 08:42 PM
I'd say between 3-4. 2 on a bad day/late at night, when I see the worst in everything, despite the fact that I am just being paranoid again. I'm not a very positive person most days... which is funny, because not everything turns out horrible. *shrugs*

Guillermo
May 4th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Depends on the situation. If nothing is going wrong with my life, I'm about an 8. There have been a few times where I've shot up to a 9 but I struggle to keep such a positive grasp on things all the time. The lowest I've been is, if I recall correctly, a 4.

Porygon-Z
May 4th, 2010, 04:35 AM

I can always see the upshot of a situation once it's happened, but it's brought down because I worry quite a lot about the future too.

Went
May 4th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Probably 9, even if something bad happens, I always find a good side or move on as soon as possible. If I'm pessimistic about something, you know something really wrong is happening to me.

Binary
May 4th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Not such a positive person, but at times I can be at 9. So, 7 is average.

Aureol
May 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Positivity to everything not involving me? 9/10. Seriously, I force happy thoughts on some pretty deep pessimists. When it comes to how optimistic I am of personal things though, it's about a 5.

mew²
May 5th, 2010, 01:58 PM
A straight up 1. I never have a positive moment.

TB Pro
May 5th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Probably like a 2 or 3; if it contains me. Nothing ever works out for me, so I never expect it to.

RYOUKI
May 5th, 2010, 07:29 PM
9. IRL atleast, I don't know why, but even when the worst is coming, I'm automatically think of the positive sides of it. Frankly, I call it naivete. Or just denial?

Finnix
May 5th, 2010, 07:35 PM
i have to be a 9/10, Im always in a mood to make ppl laugh, and went something is going wrong I kinda got that prob. like JD from scrubs were i just start imagining a scenario haha :P