PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in destiny?

インフェルノの津波
April 18th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Shaman King theme song 2 had that specific line, believe it or not.

Do you? Why or why not?

I don't. Well, I know I'm going to die, but I don't believe that I will die a specific death. Islam says we create our own destiny too, not God.

loliwin
April 19th, 2010, 01:16 AM
I dont believe in destiny. :(

If I was destined to become a dumbass, I would fail my school grades and not tell the time on the clock.

And I havent failed my grades and I can tell the time on the clock. xD

Jesh
April 19th, 2010, 01:22 AM
I dont believe in destiny. :(

If I was destined to become a dumbass, I would fail my school grades and not tell the time on the clock.

And I havent failed my grades and I can tell the time on the clock. xD

Maybe you're destined to be smart! :3

I... kind of do, kind of don't. D:

Binary
April 19th, 2010, 01:31 AM
By destiny, if you mean He/She was destined to do this and that. No, I don't believe in that stuff.
We make our own destiny and our own choices. God doesn't decide for us :/

Wings Don't Cry
April 19th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Maybe it's your destiny to not believe in destiny and reflect on what would have happened if you had made a different choice in your life, which could just be your destiny to ponder about such things.

Cassino
April 19th, 2010, 08:57 AM
The possible outcomes of our actions changes with each one we make. 'Destiny' is the concept of these outcomes due to the actions, to me at least. Under this guise it becomes a simple word to express result, so my answer is no, destiny in the popular prophetic sense doesn't exist.
My outlook hasn't changed since.

Cherrim
April 19th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I believe in coincidence, sure, but not destiny. I think it'd be kind of depressing to believe in that because then it doesn't matter what you do, you're destined to end up the same way regardless. Sure, you might be destined for greatness but then it'd be kind of like you didn't really achieve that greatness yourself... it was handed to you by fate. :( I'd rather my successes or failures be tied to my actions rather than my fate, so I don't believe in destiny.

NarutoActor
April 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I believe god has a plan for all of our lives, and we can chose to follow it, or not.

Mattysaurus
April 19th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I don't believe because I think you can choose everything for yourself.
I think you control your life, not the zodiac or what not. ;D

Luck
April 19th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I believe that we have the choice to do whatever we want, and that no supernatural force is somehow leading us to do that. Destiny seems like a foolish concept because there is no way of showing it to be false.
I also find it a scary thing, since horrible things would happen for a reason and I could do nothing about it.

Forever
April 19th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I believe in destiny and that everything happens for a reason. If I go back and analyse my past, most things would've happened for a reason, leading to something else.

Kura
April 19th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I believe we make our own destinies. But some outcomes are more plausible than others.

Esper
April 19th, 2010, 10:11 PM
If destiny existed we'd never know it so believing in it makes as much sense as believing in any other invisible, unprovable supernatural force.

I don't go in for that sort of thing.