PDA

View Full Version : Red light, green light!

Honest
April 19th, 2010, 04:40 PM
When we walk on the streets, most of us will come to the corner of a block and see traffic lights! A nuisance to those in a rush, but necessary to keep order. However, some people are guilty of running through a red light (which means to stop if you don't know), whether were pedestrians or drivers. So my questions to you are:

1) Have you ever ran a red light?
2) What is the traffic colors/signs in your neighborhood (most people use the red, yellow green system, but I have seen others)
3) Can you come up with any other traffic systems, or any ideas to improve your current one?

Mattysaurus
April 19th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I just started driving, so I haven't taken the chance.
I know that if I try , I'll get caught. ;;

MegaSlowBro.
April 19th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I can't drive yet, but I'll get my permit in 6 months =D

The traffic lights are the standard green, yellow, red over here =P

Ayselipera
April 19th, 2010, 08:43 PM
1) No, I just don't.
2) The ones I see are red, yellow, and green. Although some of the older ones look a little more red, orange, and blue if you ask me.
3) There is some city in Europe that took out all their traffic signs and signals and now there are less accidents because of it. So I would suggest that method.

Halcyon
April 20th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Nope, even when I am in a hurry, I am not that stupid to do that.

2) What is the traffic colors/signs in your neighborhood (most people use the red, yellow green system, but I have seen others)
Red, orange, and green.
(Although I am colour blind, the colours' contrast is strong, so I have no difficulties seeing it)

3) Can you come up with any other traffic systems, or any ideas to improve your current one?
I don't own a vehicle and can't be bothered. :X

Toshiro.
April 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Nope, not me.

Basic Red, Yellow, and Green system for my neighborhood.

Not really, the system itself is fine. The problem is when other drivers disobey it.

Binary
April 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Nope.
The common RYG
Four colors! Red, yellow, green and white No, not really.

Captain Hobo.
April 20th, 2010, 02:29 PM
1. No I don't drive.
2. Mine is the red light and green light thing.
3. No, not really.

EmeraldSerenade
April 20th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Well, probably a few times in my entire life..
The standard 3 colors.
if the damn buttons would work more often D:<

luf100
April 20th, 2010, 04:59 PM
No, it's stupid and dangerous and I'm sure if I did a cop would be waiting around the corner. Honestly, even if you're in a rush, you can stop for a minute and keep yourself, other drivers, and pedestrians safe.

2) What is the traffic colors/signs in your neighborhood (most people use the red, yellow green system, but I have seen others)?
Red, green, yellow.

I think they're pretty good right now, at least in my small town. I'm not creative or smart enough to actually come up with something that would help out.

Patchisou Yutohru
May 20th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Yes, I've ran both a red (one time, unintentionally while my dad was yelling at me) and a yellow light before (only about two or three times). In New Jersey, you're supposed to stop if you can stop for a yellow light, but there were two or three times where I sped up for it instead, which isn't what the yellow light means, despite popular belief.

The typical system of red, yellow, and green.

The traffic system is pretty thorough, so I have no ideas to improve them. I do know that if the city doesn't fix the corner of my street's roads, I'm going to go mad.

Zeffy
May 20th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah, but it was by accident.

Red, yellow, green and those green and red person-shaped stoplight.

I don't think so.

NarutoActor
May 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I don't drive, I walk. I never pay attention to the traffic lights, if you can cross with out being hit, you go. Even if there are a lot of cars moving, stick out your hand, and run; they won't hit you. ;D <3

Yusshin
May 20th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Canada has Red-Yellow-Green, but in some areas of Quebec, it's Red-Yellow-Blue (since some people don't see green well).

and I've ran a red light. In the middle of downtown. 22:00. It wasn't me; it was my friend in his BMW S5 >_> Why the Hell would you risk a nice car like that D<

Kotowari
May 21st, 2010, 01:08 AM
Yes, on my bike. :< When I was in a hurry to catch my train. But it must be said that it is not a real cross-road (it's a place for pedestrians to cross to the middle of the street where the tram stops and they were on the other side of the road, didn't have to cross me... when there are people waiting I usually stop though. :0)
Red-Orange-Green (the time it is red/green is about 1 minute in my village : D) or Red-White for bus, train and tram.
Nah, it's fine. =/ There are some flaws here and there... and my father said that it'd be better if we had priority from the left instead of right... but I forgot his explanation for that. XD