PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your street name?

Forever
April 21st, 2010, 04:21 AM
No, you don't necessarily have to say it, but I guess just say whether you like it or not, since not everyone likes theirs.

I kinda like mine and kinda don't. XD; It's weird.

loliwin
April 21st, 2010, 04:33 AM
I like mine, its kinda fantasy like. :D

Pazuru
April 21st, 2010, 04:33 AM
I don't necessarily like it, as it's one of those number streets, but it's easy to remember, since it's not like 'Kilmupiluka Street'

/seriously seen something like that back when she visited her old state.

RivalGator
April 21st, 2010, 04:55 AM
Mine is boring. But hey. A guy decided to name it after his son. But it's fine. lol.

Jubilation
April 21st, 2010, 04:57 AM
Mine is always mispelt. People cannot spell it to save their life.

Ayselipera
April 21st, 2010, 05:51 AM
What kills me about my street is that it's off of King Street and the street I live on is Old King Street. So whenever someone new wants to know how to get to our house they get extremely lost and think our house is on the main road. Another thing is whenever I give directions the person getting them will always say something like, "Oh are you sure that's a street?" Which completely boggles my mind. I'd love to say, "No lady I've just been living on the same street for 16 years." Sadly, I'm too nice to say that. D:

So no I don't like it, but it's only because it causes so many problems. >:<

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 21st, 2010, 06:49 AM
I like my street name.

"University City Boulevard..." sounds so sophisticated and college-y.

And yes, I did just make up the word "college-y."

Galukxy
April 21st, 2010, 08:02 AM
My street name sounds like some type of wood. I don't particularly like it though because most of the snobbish kind of people
come and move into our road. (and no I'm not a snob myself!.)

ILoveDragonite
April 21st, 2010, 08:18 AM
When i first read this i was like LOL gang members, but no, my street name is 82....lol

Eucliffe
April 21st, 2010, 08:25 AM
Please don't tell me I'm the only one who thought "Street Name" meant "Gangsta Name" X_X

I like both of mine. Ridge Road (simple) and Chessie Ct. (also simple, and a reference to the Chesapeake Bay, although it's really a reference to some train or something since all streets in that neighborhood are references to trains/railroads/etc.).

Limey-chan
April 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM
Please don't tell me I'm the only one who thought "Street Name" meant "Gangsta Name" X_X

I did too xD

But yes, my street name's okay I guess. It's nothing remarkable tbh.

Cassino
April 21st, 2010, 08:41 AM
Oh, road name...

I'm quite proud to say my road bears the name of our current monarch.
Fun fact: it also has no №13 house.

Signomi
April 21st, 2010, 08:47 AM
Mine has the word "brussels" in it.

So when people remember my street's name, they always think of Brussels sprouts.

piece of something
April 21st, 2010, 09:01 AM

I like both of mine. Ridge Road (simple) and Chessie Ct. (also simple, and a reference to the Chesapeake Bay, although it's really a reference to some train or something since all streets in that neighborhood are references to trains/railroads/etc.).

DUDE me too XD!

in which case answer would've been yes, but now it's a no, too boring, quiet place though i like it

.Gamer
April 21st, 2010, 09:21 AM
When i first read this i was like LOL gang members, but no, my street name is 82....lol

I thought thats what this meant too... ._.

I guess I like mine. I don't really pay much care to it.

mondays suck
April 21st, 2010, 11:54 AM
My street is called after one of those cities that belonged to Germany during Reich times and then were annexed by Poland. Pretty common way to name streets around here (my village has only ~5000 inh, but there are at least 6 streets named that way), don't ask me why.
Personally, I neither hate nor like the name, it's just there.

ShinjisLover
April 21st, 2010, 12:18 PM
At first I thought you mean the name they call me on the streets.
Beaten.

My street name is all right. Kinda cool at first, but then it loses all sense of the word after a while. There's a street I know of called Kitty Hawk Dr.. I wanna live there. D=

Dakota
April 21st, 2010, 12:22 PM
I love mine. Named after a musician or someone.... The name is Steinway. XD

Lilith
April 21st, 2010, 12:54 PM
Eh, not that much. Neighboring streets have names of famous universities (similar to what LeSabre said) while my street is named after a tree..... How prestigious. :(

NarutoActor
April 21st, 2010, 01:21 PM
The one is brooklyn, then yes. 70's street. <3 So simple, yet so elegant. In Marlboro no. Ottowa road stinks, Because it reminds me of cannada. Also some places spell it Ottawa while others spell it Ottowa. On map quest if you type in Ottowa it won't work. But on the tom toms if you type Ottawa it won't work. D: Uh it makes giving directions a pain in the butt.

Jesh
April 21st, 2010, 01:27 PM
Palomino. Yay horse street n_n

I used to live in a Spatlese street :o

Doppelgänger
April 21st, 2010, 01:43 PM
My street name is rather boring. Nothing special about it :/

EmeraldSerenade
April 21st, 2010, 02:09 PM
Mine get's rhymed with the strangest words. EVAR.

SIN1488
April 21st, 2010, 04:03 PM

I thought so too, mine is "Ocho Loco", lol XD

My actual street name, like the name of the place I live on is alright though. I guess there are cooler ones, but this one isn't bad either.

Mattysaurus
April 21st, 2010, 04:09 PM
Lake Mead Blvd.
I like it because it's the road that goes to Lake Mead here in the desert.
And, easy access to the lake. ^^;

institutions
April 21st, 2010, 04:15 PM
I won't lie, when I came into the thread, I had no idea what the content of my post would be, lol.

I like my street's name. Emerson.
Reminds me of Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Ursula
April 21st, 2010, 04:54 PM
I don't live on a street. I live on a Highway. So, it's Highway <insert number here>, which is rather depressing to me. ):

Timbjerr
April 21st, 2010, 07:52 PM
...now here's something I've never given much thought to. o_0

Come to think of it, it's not bad...but not particularly good either...it's just okay. It's "Prestonwood Forest"

Now, the street my parents' old house was on, "Dorsetshire" has a cool name. I have no idea what it means, but it is pretty smart and sophisticated sounding. XD

donavannj
April 21st, 2010, 09:33 PM
It's okay... I guess. It invokes images of Fountains, of course, though.