PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel like a nerd?

Relith
April 21st, 2010, 06:42 PM
Sometimes I guess, if you and your friend ever get into a Pokemon chat, and someone else is around you, a cool person in your school, listens as your friend and yours conversation. Then, he makes fun of you, this never personally happened to me, and I hope it never will, do you ever feel like a nerd when you chat about Pokemon with a friend? I surely don't, I play sports. I'm on a private local Basketball and Football team.

インフェルノの津波
April 21st, 2010, 06:43 PM
Yup, I feel like a nerd sometimes. Like when I get %100 on a test.

HAPPENS EVERYTIME.

EmeraldSerenade
April 21st, 2010, 06:49 PM
I don't feel like a nerd, i AM a nerd. Its my outside appearance that keeps me in check:3

I talk about nerdy things in public since I don't care about other people's opinions.

Tree_x
April 21st, 2010, 06:53 PM
I don't feel like a nerd, i AM a nerd. Its my outside appearance that keeps me in check:3

I talk about nerdy things in public since I don't care about other people's opinions.

Haha to be a nerd :D it is 7:51 Pm i am on a Pokemon Fourm you tell me if i ever feel like a nerd but it is ok the ladys dig my Thunder Cats T-Shirt!

Xirr0
April 21st, 2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I have other interests outside of Pokemon, but I still feel like a nerd.

Mattysaurus
April 21st, 2010, 07:10 PM
OH GAWD YES.

All the time.
When I outsmart someone, when I play video games, and many more. Ughh.
I hate that feeling.

Pinkychu
April 21st, 2010, 07:37 PM
In general, do I feel like a nerd? Yes, because frankly I am a nerd XD My major in college is Game Design and I always strive for straight A's. And because I like Pokemon, I guess that makes me a nerd too. Me and my bf were watching a Pokemon movie earlier in his dorm and his roommate made fun of us. I didn't care, because he's missing out ;) But just because I am a nerd does not mean that is all that I am. I'm also very musical(played the trumpet for 8 years and performed in school musicals), and athletic(Varsity Volleyball, black belt in Tae Kwon Do, years of softball). So I'm well-rounded in general but I am part nerd and dang proud of it ;)

~ woah that was long XD

donavannj
April 21st, 2010, 08:00 PM
Well, I'm more of a geek, but yes, part of that is because I'm a huge nerd. I get really into a lot of the things I enjoy, be it sports (explain a sport while I'm watching it and it will make sense very quickly for me), video games (of course), computers, the internet (eyup, I'm addicted!), or collectibles.

Esper
April 21st, 2010, 08:25 PM
This is an internet forum for Pokemon fans. Anyone who says they never feel like a nerd is lying to themselves.

I'm not much of a nerd when it comes to video games in general, but I am into history and astronomy which are recognized subcategories of nerdiness.

Timbjerr
April 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM
I am a nerd, so of course I feel like one. XD

Melody
April 21st, 2010, 08:42 PM
I'm totally a nerd. <3

And I'm damn proud of it. :D

Seriously, being a nerd/geek isn't an insult, it's a compliment. :D

Doppelgänger
April 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Haha, sometimes. Like when I talk to my friends about the latest Naruto or Bleach manga chapter in school, or when I get a 100% on a test xD

Sammi
April 22nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
Of course. I'm 20 years old and have been playing Pokemon for 10 years. Why wouldn't I feel like a nerd? :p

Not only do I play Pokemon, but I play other video games as well, and I write. And my writing brings out the worst nerdiness out of me. Thankfully 99.9% of that is hidden where everyone else can't see it. :D Really all of my hobbies scream 'nerd' to me. I'm cool with that.

Zorua
April 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'm a nerd already about many things. Mathematics, English, Science, a bit of history, and heck even though it's not a real subject, Pokemon is one of them, too!

I feel weird when I talk about it with my friends, cause I feel like I would sound too much of a nerd whenever talking to my friends and stuff about Pokemon. Of course, some of them know how to EV train their pokemon; which says that they know quite as much as I do, but that doesn't change the awkwardness. :(

Magik?!
April 24th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I feel like a nerd any time I'm with my close friends, because we always get into discussions about gaming, or maths, or science... or something terribly uncool like that. I don't mind though because we feel sorry for the people in our school who feel that being a nerd is negative >.>

They don't seem to understand that nerdy jobs pay way better than normal jobs :) So we're alright. (Plus we get to talk about Pokemon and feel superior) xD
There are times when I try to act not so nerdy though v.v

loliwin
April 24th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Oh yes, I really feel like a nerd when I visit PC. :D

Franceschi
April 24th, 2010, 01:05 AM
OH GAWD YES.

All the time.
When I outsmart someone, when I play video games, and many more. Ughh.
I hate that feeling.You don't hate that feeling, don't lie - that's the perfect platform for you to gloat and you know it. :B

I usually feel like a nerd when my knowledge about something causes a conversation to become awkward - frinstance, I was talking about Zelda with one of my friends and I said something she didn't know how to reply to and it became awkward. That said, I don't mind it really. I'd rather know a lot about something than hardly anything. It means when I do meet someone who knows a lot, we can have a kickass conversation (amirite?).

Wings Don't Cry
April 24th, 2010, 01:40 AM
Do nerds talk about computer specs, gaming and anime with their friends at school?

If yes then I don't feel like a nerd, I am one.

Gumball Watterson
April 24th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I feel more of a Nerd/Geek hybrid. I do awesome in Math, Science, and Technology, but I seem to suck and get bored in English and History...

It's no surprise my Progress Report came with a 69 in English and a 100 in Algebra 2 XP

ConR
April 24th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I guess i am a nerd, i go for all the high grades usually get them. I love computers and video games, but I have a rather good social life, i party, id say im rather fashionable so my outside appearance often gives people a different idea of me.

RYOUKI
April 24th, 2010, 08:46 AM
No, since everyone here also plays Pokemon, but for other things, yes. "It's a misconception that a person who likes reading and wears glasses is good at school."

Yusshin
April 24th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I don't study. Nerds study. I like to read, though, but that makes me a bookworm, and not a nerd.

I'm a geek, though.

Dakota
April 24th, 2010, 10:02 AM
xD, well, I do go to the best school in my state, so sometimes, yes. But if you just took a look at me, you wouldn't think that I was. =P

As for anything Pokemon related.... >_>. In 7th grade, we were in computer lab. I was on PC and my email which sends all my PC email. I get of for a quick second to use the bathroom, then I come back seeing one of my friends announcing every PC email in my Inbox. >_> That was when I felt like a real nerd. =''(

Captain Hobo.
April 24th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Yes, because I am smart for my age.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 24th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Sometimes I guess, if you and your friend ever get into a Pokemon chat, and someone else is around you, a cool person in your school, listens as your friend and yours conversation. Then, he makes fun of you, this never personally happened to me, and I hope it never will, do you ever feel like a nerd when you chat about Pokemon with a friend? I surely don't, I play sports. I'm on a private local Basketball and Football team.

I have that happen in 9th grade, minus the person picking on me.

Yes, because I am smart for my age.

Smart =/= nerd. There are people who are generally smart, then there are nerds [people who are uber-smart in certain subjects].

Anyways, I've always been a bookworm and a gamer, even though the bookworm part doesn't exist anymore due to me having the internet. I still read alot regardless. After all, there's not much of a difference...

Serene Grace
April 24th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I am a moderator on a Pokemon forums who likes to take apart computers and design websites for fun. Yes, yes I am.

It doesn't stop me from being smooth with the ladies.. or playing for my school football team.. or still being able to hang out with the cool crowd.

On second thought, I'm not a nerd. I'm me.

Jordan
April 24th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I have 2000+ posts on a Pokemon forum that I've joined nearly five years ago...yes.

*Firestar*
April 24th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I am a moderator on a Pokemon forums who likes to take apart computers and design websites for fun. Yes, yes I am.

It doesn't stop me from being smooth with the ladies.. or playing for my school football team.. or still being able to hang out with the cool crowd.

On second thought, I'm not a nerd. I'm me.

^^This. Pretty much, this is me.

mew²
April 24th, 2010, 01:57 PM
A bit whenever I discuss Pokemon with nerds (I hate to use that word...).
But when one of my friends is like, "Pokemon is gay"
I tell them, "Pokemon is amazing. If you don't like it, I will happily beat you *enter bad word for butt here*."
That shut's them up, then I feel like a cool nerd B)

Klippy
April 24th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I generally avoid the nerdier topics around people. But yes, I occasionally feel nerdy when I play HeartGold or any nerdier game, but then I remember that I don't care what anyone thinks. :)

piece of something
April 25th, 2010, 01:21 AM
definitely a nerd, no argument here, not as cool as being a cool socialite but i've never been one before so it doesn't bother me :P

BHwolfgang
April 25th, 2010, 07:53 AM
My opinion varies at time. Whenever I talk about Pokemon, gaming, Graphic Designing, etc., it makes look like I'm just one of the many geeky Asian kids at my school. I don't feel ashamed, because my friends accept me for the way I am. At other times, my friends would joke about me being a geek. It's okay, though, because I am laughing all the way.

Caelus
April 25th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Well, I love playing videogames, I like to read, I'm smart for my age, and I love technology, so I do consider myself a nerd.

Most of my friends don't, and I don't blame them, considering I'm not always nerdy and I also do things that people here consider cool.

Celest8
April 25th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I suppose I would definately be what society considers a "nerd". I love Pokemon and wished they were real, my room is filled to the brim with manga and plushies, and I enjoy looking at fanart and reading fanfictions. =) It's cool, though. I don't care what people perceive me as. I am simply myself, and I don't plan on changing anytime soon. xD

Eternal Nightmare
April 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Yes but I'm one hellova cool nerd at my school. I play games that people consider kiddy for my age, they arnt really xD, and I still like to whip out my yugiph cards to duel. Educational wise is the same way. I'm nerdy and like to the best I can on a test project you name it. To me if you do what you love no one has the right to say its "nerdy" and "lame"...personally I would A. Tell that person off B. Wave my so called nerdy object in there or C. Tell them that what they do is nerdy, but that's just me and my personality n_n

Kura
April 25th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I'm a nerd and I'm not afraid to show it. If people don't like it, I don't care :/ They can like their football and purple drank for all I care. It's good that once you hit my age, people around here are mature enough to respect the things you like.

Åzurε
April 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I'm a nerd and I'm not afraid to show it. If people don't like it, I don't care :/ They can like their football and purple drank for all I care. It's good that once you hit my age, people around here are mature enough to respect the things you like.

Hee hee, purpldrank.

I'm not particularly athletic, but I still fit more as a "cool nerd", like everyone's mentioning.

See? I'm agreeing with the cool kids, and that makes me cool. (b' ')b

Moltres111
April 26th, 2010, 08:07 AM
No, but I do feel like a nerd all the time otherwise, since i'm good at english (VERY unsual when you're 13 years old and from Norway..), I get good grades, and I spend most of my time at the computer.

I do this because I want a good job, a good education and because I hate being outside, since it's always boring as hell and effing cold (most of the year) (or I have to spend time with an annoying friend of mine who always hits/kicks me for god knows what reason -.-)

I like going outside during the summer, but norwegian winters? BLEHH. I can't believe some people say "I like snow." But that's just me..

RocketExec.
April 26th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Pahaaa!! My friend is always embarressed and won't talk about pokemon in school, even though LOADS of people play it!! He says I get my Pokewalker out too often as well ¬_¬

Åzurε
April 26th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Pahaaa!! My friend is always embarressed and won't talk about pokemon in school, even though LOADS of people play it!! He says I get my Pokewalker out too often as well ¬_¬

Would that make him an un-nerd?

Relith
May 9th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I usually don't play Pokemon a lot, but I do visit here almost every day, 10-20 times. So...
I could consider myself a geek, but I played Basketball and Football all through school. And I still play, on local teams. But, everyone who posted that they were a nerd and were sad about it, just think of it this way, you're a nerd because you're smart right? Playing Pokemon doesn't make you a nerd. When you get into you're 30's, all of those people who did call you a nerd, are going to be working for you.

Trap-Eds
May 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Lol. I play Pokemon, enjoy reading, get good grades, and have pratically no social life. So yes, I am a nerd. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BomC_nOwLw&feature=related
^^This music fits the stereotypical nerd so much it's hilarious. xDD

OokamiShipper
May 9th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Always, always, always!
I have no life, my History teacher even called me a showoff for memorizing the the whole (political) European map. xD
Don't ask me why I did it, you don't wanna know. xD

Acetrainer17
May 9th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I'm a nerd in pretty much everything I do, but for some reason I prefer to keep my Pokemon-liking under wraps. I've met one person in my school who actually likes it, and my school is basically where you get beat up for liking stuff like that.

Code
May 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I am a nerd. So yeah, I get the feelin.~

VictorRay
May 9th, 2010, 12:01 PM
this thread is a wank-fest.

Yrie
May 10th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Constantly xD

I'm a shameless Pokemon fan, when I get bored I read my science textbook, not too athletic (I really try, but...meh...sports, especially things like lacrosse and soccer aren't my thing.) So I suppose I could be a stereotypical nerd. Oh, and I wear glasses, they're not particularly awkward looking or anything (as in, I try to choose decent looking frames xD), but...still...

MarstheCar
May 10th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I'm a nerd 24-7. Only, I never talk about nerd-like things, since no one I know would talk about it.

Patchisou Yutohru
May 10th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I'm not a nerd, I'm an art freak. Big difference.

Eeohnex
May 10th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I generally avoid the nerdier topics around people. But yes, I occasionally feel nerdy when I play HeartGold or any nerdier game, but then I remember that I don't care what anyone thinks. :)
My same thoughts, I always tend to feel really nerdy when I play Pokemon.