PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in 'opposites attract'?

Forever
April 21st, 2010, 08:00 PM
Basically... are you opposite to the person you're with, or similar? If you're not with anyone right now, then what about in a past relationship aaand if you haven't ever, what would you prefer, someone opposite to you, or someone really similar?

Cassino
April 21st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Hmm... somewhat. I'm definitely one to have a strong-willed, organised, stubborn and haughty wife. Though to truly be my opposite she'd have to be relatively unintelligent and highly social for starters... hence 'somewhat'; basically I'd have someone to cover my personal deficiencies, but not let to light weaknesses neither of us can make up for. I think that's what all the best relationships consist of, hence a 50-years-married couple will bicker occasionally, as much enjoying one another's presence.

The Cynic
April 21st, 2010, 10:26 PM
In some respects, yes, but I never go out with someone the total opposite of myself. But a clone of myself would just be terrible. I like to find a balance.

Melody
April 21st, 2010, 10:53 PM
Well, I do agree, opposites do tend to attract.

I can't say for certain how that relates to the personalities in women that I find attractive, though I do tend to like outgoing types, despite being far less social.

Somehow, I feel that most girls are going to typically have a personality opposite to mine in some way, since girls tend to be far more social than guys are.

Ninja Caterpie
April 21st, 2010, 11:05 PM
I'm, uh, quite the opposite to my girlfriend, ^^.

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 05:36 AM
Somehow, I feel that most girls are going to typically have a personality opposite to mine in some way, since girls tend to be far more social than guys are.

Not me :s I'm terrified of working in Customer Service. People scare me crapless; I'm going to start a job in a week or so where I'm by myself 90% of the time, and (it's my first job) I'm scared of the people lol

I don't believe true opposites attract; there needs to be basic foundation of similarity in order for anything to work. My fiance and I are 95% similar and we're absolutely perfect together. We rarely fight, and when we do, it's a misunderstanding.

In opposites, though, you need to be really intrigued by differences and be able to tolerate and accept it. A lot of people find this difficult on a day-to-day basis, since it limits couple activities and whatnaught. I personally prefer that my fiance and I be so similar. We enjoy everything we do together, and I find that better than just sitting there "doing our own thing" because we don't relate at all.