PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Work / What's Your Job?

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 05:47 AM
Where do you work / what's your job? You don't need to name companies, cities, etc. You can merely say "I'm a customer service representative" or "I'm a retail sales associate", etc.

I work at an ice cream parlour beside the beach; it opens May 1st and I'm doing training this coming week. It's my first job, and it's a great one at that. Much better than fast food. I even get a little white hat and a pink shirt as a uniform.

Mattysaurus
April 22nd, 2010, 06:03 AM
Russian Mafia

I don't have a job at the moment but I've been trying to get a job at my local clothing store. ;]

Eurydice
April 22nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
i dont have a job, but i am looking for one.

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 07:25 AM
Jobs are scarce, but don't give up! It took me eight months to find mine, and I have my WHMIS, Food & Safety, and Customer Service certificates, as well as good references from the instructors who rewarded me the certificates and my outreach teacher.

Just be persistent!

Limey-chan
April 22nd, 2010, 08:21 AM
I work in a general store. It generally sells general things, generally speaking.

Timbjerr
April 22nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'm a stocker at a major retail chain.

...at least it pays for college. :O

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'm a stocker at a major retail chain.

...at least it pays for college. :O

My fiance is that, too, at night-time. 40h/w :]

ILoveDragonite
April 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
I work at zellers... ah ha ha ha so happy... *Cuts wrists*

Well i guess it's not bad for a high school job, better than mc death

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 11:28 AM
I work at zellers... ah ha ha ha so happy... *Cuts wrists*

Well i guess it's not bad for a high school job, better than mc death

I tried getting into Zellers for eight months >:| You know what they kept telling me?

October: Come back in December
December: Come back in Spring
March: We're not hiring.

>>

Timbjerr
April 22nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
My fiance is that, too, at night-time. 40h/w :]

I wish I got 40h/w...I'm lucky to get 20. What's worse is that I'm getting paid minimum wage here. >_<

ILoveDragonite
April 22nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
Really? I was hired on the spot actually...didn't even want my resume, must be my charming good nature <_<

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
I wish I got 40h/w...I'm lucky to get 20. What's worse is that I'm getting paid minimum wage here. >_<

He's getting paid 10.55$/h since it's night-time. Normally, the wage is 9.50$/h.

and Drago >:| That's not fair lol

Evee dude86
May 18th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Ima college grad, Navy Veteran, writer, rapper, singer, and political activist.

Limey-chan
May 18th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I work in a shop near where I live. Nothing fancy but it pays.

Talli
May 18th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Pirate squirrel on the SSB- Salty Sea Bucket. all day and every day scrubbing the deck.

shookie
May 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Right now I'm jobless, but have been looking for a job for some months now. I hate job hunting D: my previous part time jobs included:

- "Barista" for a coffee roasting company. They didn't have a store, but did town fairs almost year-round and farmer's markets over the summer. At fairs I would take and fill orders, from actual drink orders to bagged coffee orders and gift baskets. Farmer's markets I would get to really early in the morning and give out free coffee and sell bagged coffee.
- Ice cream scooper/cake maker. This was the best job in the whole world, I got free ice cream and toppings, and since it was open during the winter, I used the empty time to do homework or study. My coworkers were also really awesome. Unfortunately I ended up destroying my wrist(s) in the process and was told if I kept working I'd make it a lot worse and need surgery. This was about two/three years ago, and I've been going to physical therapy for a few months because of it.
- Though not technically a job, I "work" at anime/gaming conventions as an artist. I set up a table in their Artist's Alley/Colony and sell fanart, buttons, prints, posters, do on-site commissions, etc. I used to do this with two friends of mine, we started about five years ago, but with them away at college it's hard for them to do them. I'm slowly losing interest in them as well, so I mostly go to hang out with webcomic/fellow artist friends.

Melody
May 18th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I'm only half jobless. Right now I'm nothing more than a temporary for hire worker for labor. I'm searching for a job that's better than this one, because even though I show up, I just am not getting any jobs...I go there, sit there for 2 hours and not even called on once to fill a job order. >_>

NarutoActor
May 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I work at amc, either doing floor, concession, tickets, or booth.

devilicious
May 18th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Pre-School English Teacher is my part-time job and has been for like... three years now. I only work when they're short on people now though, because of college.

Sammi
May 18th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I work at a pizza place in the mall. I work mornings, which means that after 2PM it gets very very dull very very fast. :(

SIN1488
May 18th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I'm basically a carpenters assistant, though we do more than woodwork, like painting and stuff.

whodathunk
May 18th, 2010, 07:53 PM
im the president of a company that comes up with food puns like,"im very grapeful you were nice!"

Yusshin
May 18th, 2010, 08:06 PM
im the president of a company that comes up with food puns like,"im very grapeful you were nice!"

You should make a commercial for the brand of milk called "So Good."

Use this song:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Acsmo1vCoiM&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Acsmo1vCoiM&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

at 00:14 :D

Idiot!
May 18th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I tutor for pocket money.

donavannj
May 18th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I work as an IT intern right now. I'm also going to be on a trial basis at another company doing everything from home theater wiring to network support for some small businesses nearby.

Cherrim
May 19th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Office lackey at a brewery.

I'm "owned" by the finance department and I do all of their busywork (lots of filing and changing invoices) but if I run out of things to do, I get to do extra work for anyone else in the office. It's pretty boring but it's a desk job (♥) and I have internet access. So. I'm very content. (And the hours don't suck this summer, either--I used to have to be at work by 7 and now it's 8~)

I get a free 24 every Friday, too. ♥

Anxiety.
May 19th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I don't have a job, I'm too young.

I am, however, looking into Forensic Science. And yes, I'm fully aware that it's nothing like what they make it out to be in the media. I like analysing things, I like questioning everything, I like science, and I like the human body. And I will get into it, even if I have to wait years to get in, I will do it, I promise you.

ILoveDragonite
May 19th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I don't have a job, I'm too young.

I am, however, looking into Forensic Science. And yes, I'm fully aware that it's nothing like what they make it out to be in the media. I like analysing things, I like questioning everything, I like science, and I like the human body. And I will get into it, even if I have to wait years to get in, I will do it, I promise you.
You should take forensic science in high school then, i have that course. It's interesting actually.

Oh yeah and for on topic services i work at zellers, it sucks.

Eternal Nightmare
May 19th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I dont have a job at the moment and I seriously need one ;_;. I'm pretty much afraid to work at a fast food joint beacasue of temptations :C. I want to try working at a local petstore, game store, or even Wal-mart because I would find them more befitting.

Alkaide
May 20th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Actually, I have a job, it's of a student.
I have to be punctual and disciplined at my work or else I am punished by my teacher (master).
This is the type of my work, IMO.

Neurotripsy
May 21st, 2010, 04:06 AM
I don't work at the moment because I'm legally disabled. I'd love to have an editing job or something similar, though!

curiousnathan
May 21st, 2010, 04:55 AM
Well I used to work as an umpire, but I am still studying but eventually want to be a Lawyer, Doctor or Dentist