PDA

View Full Version : Do you like dates?

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
No, not dates, as in "Let's go to the movies".

Dates as in these:

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad47/tunishomestay/TunisHomestay/dsc01538-1.jpg

Dried figgies! The fruit that tastes like chocolate, and an important export of Palestine, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc.

I seriously can't imagine a life without dates :| They are awesome. They are juicy. They are good for you, and they taste like freakin' chocolate! Omfg Dx 1KG = 5$ at Walmart!

PuNkSter
April 22nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
lol, I got kind of fooled right there. But I've never had dates in my whole life. I must try them definately.

Vital
April 22nd, 2010, 01:11 PM
xD, I was forced to eat them during Ramadan. Eh, they taste like chocolate. A bit bitter, but its got that element. ^_^

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
xD, I was forced to eat them during Ramadan. Eh, they taste like chocolate. A bit bitter, but its got that element. ^_^

Yeah *.* Ramadan is August 11th this year. It's going to be my first time doing it :]

I wanna see how many people get fooled by the title of this thread o; I got one person so far! lol :P

Vital
April 22nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah *.* Ramadan is August 11th this year. It's going to be my first time doing it :]

I wanna see how many people get fooled by the title of this thread o; I got one person so far! lol :P

XD, don't worry, I got fooled as well.

It's that early, waaah. >_< Remember to break your fast with a date!

Akito Wanijima
April 22nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
I, and all my friends hat 'em. Whenever someone gets them in their lunch we just throw them at each other...

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 01:19 PM
I, and all my friends hat 'em. Whenever someone gets them in their lunch we just throw them at each other...

You should send'em to me... ):

Cassino
April 22nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
My mother asked me if I wanted to try one, I declined; they look like raisins, unsightly things...

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
My mother asked me if I wanted to try one, I declined; they look like raisins, hideous things...

They do look like giant raisins, but they're really chewy and tasty. Watch out for pits and little worm thingies.

mondays suck
April 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
I haven't eaten these thing for years, but from what I remember, they're delicious. So, I would say I like them, even though I almost never have the opportunity to eat them.

EmeraldSerenade
April 22nd, 2010, 02:07 PM
i.... dislike dates. but i sure do love plum's xD.. those dried out ones that are similar to dates.

Mattysaurus
April 22nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
Never have tried them.
With all the talk of chocolate tasting properties, I started to want to try them, but the you said; 'watch out for little worm thingies'.

I'll pass. xD'