PDA

View Full Version : Weed?

DragonRush
April 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Am I the only one that thinks weed should stay illegal?

wee187
April 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
You're not. I agree with you, lol. I think legalizing it is a pretty crap idea for everyone who just doesn't want to smoke weed either way, IMO.

DragonRush
April 22nd, 2010, 05:30 PM
You're not. I agree with you, lol. I think legalizing it is a pretty crap idea for everyone who just doesn't want to smoke weed either way, IMO.

yea and I don't see how it would make our economy any better considering everyone would be too lazy to do anything lol

Timbjerr
April 22nd, 2010, 05:33 PM
I'm totally neutral on this debate as I've never used the stuff nor do I see any logical reason why I should want to, but I do agree with the facts that it's nowhere near as harmful as legal drugs like tobacco or alcohol. =/

I just like to point out the irony that the majority of people that lobby for its legalization argue that it can be used for medicinal purposes when everyone knows full well that these people are more interested in using the stuff casually. XD

Stairmaster
April 22nd, 2010, 05:34 PM
I don't care if they legalize it or not, it just seems silly that it's illegal in the first place. The only reason it's still illegal is that the government can't tax it like they do cigarettes and alcoholic beverages.

The immediate effects are much less life-threatening than alcohol, anyway. You don't hear about stoned drivers killing people very often, do you? And alcohol is legal. Plus, weed is much less addicting and harmful (long term specifically) than both alcohol and tobacco.

The government doesn't want to keep weed illegal for the protection of the people, they just want to keep everyone smoking cigarettes so they can rape them financially somehow.

DragonRush
April 22nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
I don't care if they legalize it or not, it just seems silly that it's illegal in the first place. The only reason it's still illegal is that the government can't tax it like they do cigarettes and alcoholic beverages.

The immediate effects are much less life-threatening than alcohol, anyway. You don't hear about stoned drivers killing people very often, do you? And alcohol is legal. Plus, weed is much less addicting and harmful (long term specifically) than both alcohol and tobacco.

The government doesn't want to keep weed illegal for the protection of the people, they just want to keep everyone smoking cigarettes so they can rape them financially somehow.

Well yea you don't here about high drives so often because the product is illegal. If weed was legal that stat would probably rise considerably seeing is how it would be sold and used almost anywhere and it would really lazy up what is already and over-weight country.

Stairmaster
April 22nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
Well yea you don't here about high drives so often because the product is illegal. If weed was legal that stat would probably rise considerably seeing is how it would be sold and used almost anywhere and it would really lazy up what is already and over-weight country.

I don't think you fully understand the effects of weed.

Short term effects can include paranoia, anxiety/panic attacks, etc. Do you really think someone is going to go out driving when they're afraid to start their car? Not all weed smokers experience these effects but if they are "lazy" as you say then they're not going to go for a drive at high speeds.

Marijuana really doesn't contribute to obesity as much as technology and food do though, so I don't think that should be considered as a factor.

wee187
April 22nd, 2010, 05:57 PM

Short term effects can include paranoia, anxiety/panic attacks, etc. Do you really think someone is going to go out driving when they're afraid to start their car? Not all weed smokers experience these effects but if they are "lazy" as you say then they're not going to go for a drive at high speeds.

Marijuana really doesn't contribute to obesity as much as technology and food do though, so I don't think that should be considered as a factor.

Lol, although your anecdote did bring did bring another image to my mind... someone high on weed, on the highway, suddenly too lazy to press the gas pedal. =x

I kid, lol, but yeah. xDx

DragonRush
April 22nd, 2010, 05:58 PM

Not really, it's like me saying someone who has no control over their own body function starting up and driving drunk. People that smoke become laid back and relaxed with the intentions of doing nothing but random thrill seekers would somehow manage to jump into a car and without reaction time, crash and kill people.

Stairmaster
April 22nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Not really, it's like me saying someone who has no control over their own body function starting up and driving drunk. People that smoke become laid back and relaxed with the intentions of doing nothing but random thrill seekers would somehow manage to jump into a car and without reaction time, crash and kill people.
But you do realize how much less likely it is for someone to do that on weed, than drunk or even dry?

NarutoActor
April 22nd, 2010, 06:19 PM
eh, it's illegal for a reason. I am hoping it stays that way, because I hate the smell of smoke.

Silver
April 22nd, 2010, 06:30 PM
While I personally do not indulge in the use of marijuana nor do I ever want to, I feel responsible smokers have their right to use it legally, or at least decriminalize it to the point where it only results in a citation/fine for the first couple offenses. I also think it would be to the benefit of the government to legalize it both for its medical uses and so that it could be taxed and regulated. Holland legalized it, along with other drugs, and they appear to be doing fine, no real rise in crime or anything.

tl;dr It couldn't hurt to actually look into the options of legalizing it.

Lt_Nite
April 22nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
I did an entire debate of the legalization of Mary-ju-ana and why me and my group were for it. Unfortuantly we lost because our class didn't vote on who presented better but what they thought. I think it should be legal for many reasons, but lets say it does become legal and corporations would be able to sell it for money and the government can tax it, that's money that can potentially be put into schools or roads and all of that.
Also, why should something that is impossible to OD on be illegal and doesn't kill even close to as many people as Tobacco and Alcohol. And not all people get lazy over time, some do and some don't.
Anyways I hate debating this because I feel so strongly on this subject that I get WAY to into it but felt like I wanted to say something.

Esper
April 22nd, 2010, 10:33 PM
This topic would have been more appropriate a few days ago, but oh well.

I think some of us are underestimating the number of people who have smoked marijuana. I personally know school teachers who do it and they don't let it get in the way of their work. These are pretty responsible people I'm talking about, too, so don't think they're like your most hated math teacher. Legalizing it won't suddenly turn the country into potheads because even though it's illegal anyone who wants it can get it.

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2010, 11:13 PM
Weed is used already in hospitals; in Canada, anything under eleven ounces is legal. The type of weed that should be illegal is weed that has been tampered with chemically. That type, normally found in the U.S.A, is dangerous and harmful to you and people around you.

Although I don't like weed and find it a waste of money, I can't deny that I haven't consumed it orally. The effects are mainly hunger and fatigue, and a sense of calmness. It's very, very difficult to become angry on weed - it usually has to be something very important to you that's insulted or threatened for you to become emotive at all.

Weed is only illegal because it grows fast and can make high-quality paper and clothing. They can't tax it, and they don't want the paper industry to be flushed down the toilet because of some little green plant that's less harmful than alcohol.

The legal limit of eleven ounces at a time is fine, though. In Canada, the weed is natural and not touched chemically, so it's fine to consume. The thing about one joint = 15 cigarettes or w/e is totally bogus. There's barely any tobacco in a joint unless you load it up that way. Normally, people use oil to make it burn better - not craploads of tobacco.

In any case, technically it's legal in Canada, and we've kept our high IQ average and actually, in Montreal, where most people do smoke weed often, our crime rate is really, really low compared to cities like Toronto where it's rarely consumed. I'm not sure if that's related, but I can tell you that in personality and in the crime level, the weed-smoking city is safer and friendlier than the non-weed-smoking cities of Ontario.

I don't see why it shouldn't become legal in a limit like 10 ounces, since hospitals use it all the time to help patients.

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 12:13 AM
yea and I don't see how it would make our economy any better considering everyone would be too lazy to do anything lol

HURRDURR,I CAN STEREOTYPE PEOPLE WHO SMOKE.
Seriously, why do people always assume people who smoke are lazy?
My best friend smokes fairly frequently, has straight A's, takes college classes and works all week. Pretty sure that's not lazy.

Also, I'm for the legalization, because it would help our economy. Not only would the taxing of marijuana help, but there would be significantly less money spent on trials and jailing of smokers. Not everyone who smokes is a waste of space, that's just the stereotype.

Guillermo
April 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
If anything needs to be made illegal it's alcohol. More people die from drinking that crap and getting in a car than people get sick from smoking marijuana. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. People only do it because it's illegal. My father is a police officer and he believes that it should be legalised too.

Throat
April 23rd, 2010, 01:27 AM
The problem is that the weed gets weak for someone who smokes it too much. Where'll this person find another pleasure source? It'd happen way more often once it'd be legal and almost everyone would want to try on.

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 01:32 AM
The problem is that the weed gets weak for someone who smokes it too much. Where'll this person find another pleasure source? It'd happen way more often once it'd be legal and almost everyone would want to try on.

COUNTERPOINT. With weed being legal, the government could regulate the potency and distribution of the substance, eliminating users having to interact with shady dealers, who may or may not have laced the weed with an addictive substance such as cocaine to get you to keep buying drugs from them, thus creating a new addiction.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 01:44 AM
I think I heard statistically that over a billion dollars is spent on weed a year by consumers.

If that's true, imagine if it were taxed :s Again, though, the government is more concerned about their paper companies than to tax a beneficial plant.

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 01:48 AM
I think I heard statistically that over a billion dollars is spent on weed a year by consumers.

If that's true, imagine if it were taxed :s Again, though, the government is more concerned about their paper companies than to tax a beneficial plant.

'cause who needs trees anyways, right? o.o

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 01:48 AM
'cause who needs trees anyways, right? o.o

Exactly lol o-o dumb trees

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 01:50 AM
Exactly lol o-o dumb trees

The trees are insulted and said that they will be taking the Marijuana plants and moving far far away.

Great, where are we gonna get oxygen now?
D:

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 01:53 AM
The trees are insulted and said that they will be taking the Marijuana plants and moving far far away.

Great, where are we gonna get oxygen now?
D:

I guess we'll hafta go somewhere else D: or just follow them lol >> They can't get very far. Still on Earth, in any case.

<<

Guillermo
April 23rd, 2010, 01:55 AM
That's their own stupidity. People smoke weed a lot nowadays and it's not even legal either. Doubt much would change if it was made legal.

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 02:00 AM
I guess we'll hafta go somewhere else D: or just follow them lol >> They can't get very far. Still on Earth, in any case.

<<
They said they're going to Pluto because its not love, either.

That's their own stupidity. People smoke weed a lot nowadays and it's not even legal either. Doubt much would change if it was made legal.

I agree completely. The only change would be as I said earlier, it wouldn't be laced with anything, and the potency would be moderated.

SalemGreen
April 23rd, 2010, 02:02 AM

I stopped reading the thread once I read this. I've mentioned my profession previously in other posts and I'll clarify it here: I am a professional critic and analyst. I lobby for smoker rights and for what I call "Human owned conditions". In this, drugs are often covered.

Marijuana does NOT make the smoker lazy. In fact, it doesn't really even give an effect that could be classified as a high. The vast majority of the effects are purely mental. When two groups were tested, one with a placebo and one with real marijuana both groups responded nearly identically to what they were smoking. The only real proven effect of marijuana is a slight decrease in response time.

Marijuana and all drugs in general should ALL be legal. Just as legal as cigarettes and alcohol are. They should have their own individual prohibitions on them preventing users from abusing them in the same way we currently prevent alcohol and cigarettes. We then need to provide a more strict punishment for abusing those substances.

Once we do that, the government needs to manufacture the drugs as that will not only provide a much safer drug but a multitude of revenue that I can't even begin to express.

Plus, it's proven. Kids are less likely to do something if it's legal. So, legalization will most likely actually cut down the amount of addiction.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 02:07 AM
I don't think heroine and cocaine should be legal :s Those drugs are dangerous; marijuana isn't. Crystal Meth, cocaine, etc. all mess with brain cells and your physical form. They turn you hideous, anorexic, and irritable. You change over time gradually - weed is different, since it's temporary, and you don't change over time. It's not very addictive either. Some people do become addicted, yes, but generally, someone can stop smoking weed (assuming it's not filled to the core with tobacco; then it's just a tobacco addiction) whenever they want.

Alinthea
April 23rd, 2010, 02:08 AM
Week is so easy to get a hold off, you wouldn't think it was illegal.

It isn't as bad as some other substances, so I would rather it became available.

Guillermo
April 23rd, 2010, 02:47 AM
I don't think heroine and cocaine should be legal :s Those drugs are dangerous; marijuana isn't. Crystal Meth, cocaine, etc. all mess with brain cells and your physical form. They turn you hideous, anorexic, and irritable. You change over time gradually - weed is different, since it's temporary, and you don't change over time. It's not very addictive either. Some people do become addicted, yes, but generally, someone can stop smoking weed (assuming it's not filled to the core with tobacco; then it's just a tobacco addiction) whenever they want.
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/Kishoku/Untitled-2.png

Nicotine patches and gum are addictive too. Do you want them banned?

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 02:50 AM
Nicotine patches and gum are addictive too. Do you want them banned?

but those are to help you stop smoking; it doesn't change your mental or physical state, except of course, when you don't have any left and want more.

Crystal Meth deforms you; cocaine, too, since you don't eat anymore. That's a bit different than nocotine patches.

Guillermo
April 23rd, 2010, 02:59 AM
but those are to help you stop smoking; it doesn't change your mental or physical state, except of course, when you don't have any left and want more.

Crystal Meth deforms you; cocaine, too, since you don't eat anymore. That's a bit different than nocotine patches.
Actually, I believe this states otherwise.

There is growing concern that long-term use of nicotine may contribute to cancer. It also affects how our bodies function -- nicotine puts stress on the heart and increases blood pressure. The Journal of the American College of Cardiology has reported that nicotine harms the linings of our arteries which leads to the build-up of plaque, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke. Additionally, nicotine suppresses insulin output creating a hyperglycemic condition in smokers. The bottom line is that nicotine is a poison, and the human body is much better off without it.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 03:15 AM

If that's true, then eventually they'll ban it like all the other very harmful medecines that have met the shelves over the years. Every medecine is harmful after all. For example, the birth control pill causes blood clots that can lead to heart attacks; the pill can also cause breast cancer. Is it off the shelves? No, because they find it's a small chance and the positive outweighs the negatives. The ones with a lot of bad effects will eventually be removed / replaced.

If nicotine patches are so harmful to our bodies, it should be removed, unless it's at a very, very, very low chance, such as breast cancer and heart attacks with the birth control pill.

Guillermo
April 23rd, 2010, 03:19 AM
If that's true, then eventually they'll ban it like all the other very harmful medecines that have met the shelves over the years. Every medecine is harmful after all. For example, the birth control pill causes blood clots that can lead to heart attacks; the pill can also cause breast cancer. Is it off the shelves? No, because they find it's a small chance and the positive outweighs the negatives. The ones with a lot of bad effects will eventually be removed / replaced.

If nicotine patches are so harmful to our bodies, it should be removed, unless it's at a very, very, very low chance, such as breast cancer and heart attacks with the birth control pill.
There's also a much higher chance to get addicted to weed than there is to cocaine, just so you know.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 03:23 AM
There's also a much higher chance to get addicted to weed than there is to cocaine, just so you know.

Actually, I beg to differ. Weed isn't addictive at all; of all the people I know who smoke weed, only two are addicted, and they're the unstable ones (one's messed up; the other's a drug dealer). The other fifteen people I know aren't addicted at all. I've had weed and been around smokers, and I'm not addicted.

Cocaine is way more addictive than weed; I don't know where you get the idea that it's more addictive. I've seen enough studies about that, too, and weed is really not addictive at all in comparison :\ Even a stable person can get addicted to cocaine; it's generally the unstable ones that get addicted to weed.

Source (http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/#addictive)
Source - Cocaine is #12; Marijuana is #15 (http://www.blurtit.com/q3150977.html)

As for the "addiction likelihood", that's bogus. There's not a 42% chance that you'll get addicted to weed. My fiance has smoked many, many times, and he quit about five months ago and hasn't even had any urges. I'm assuming they tested on people who use chemically-treated weed.

Guillermo
April 23rd, 2010, 03:43 AM
Actually, I beg to differ. Weed isn't addictive at all; of all the people I know who smoke weed, only two are addicted, and they're the unstable ones (one's messed up; the other's a drug dealer). The other fifteen people I know aren't addicted at all. I've had weed and been around smokers, and I'm not addicted.

Cocaine is way more addictive than weed; I don't know where you get the idea that it's more addictive. I've seen enough studies about that, too, and weed is really not addictive at all in comparison :\ Even a stable person can get addicted to cocaine; it's generally the unstable ones that get addicted to weed.

Source (http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/#addictive)
Source - Cocaine is #12; Marijuana is #15 (http://www.blurtit.com/q3150977.html)

As for the "addiction likelihood", that's bogus. There's not a 42% chance that you'll get addicted to weed. My fiance has smoked many, many times, and he quit about five months ago and hasn't even had any urges. I'm assuming they tested on people who use chemically-treated weed.
I know a lot of people that do drugs too, and not one is addicted to cocaine. I know many addicted to weed, so there you go. Everyone is different, so just because 17 people you know aren't addicted doesn't mean that the other billion other people that smoke it aren't. Don't bring personal issues into this.

We can make a strong case for the fact that marijuana is addictive, because a huge number of people are in a pattern where they use moderate to large amounts of the stuff every day. They might not be physically hooked on the drug but they are using it as a crutch, as a coping mechanism for their life. If they have a bad day, they have to smoke marijuana in order to medicate themselves. If they have a good day, they want to smoke in order to celebrate this fact. If they are sick with a cold or the flu, they need to smoke in order to feel better and be able to function.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 03:47 AM
That's true, the quote there. It is used as a crutch, which is why I said that the only people I know who are addicted are unstable in some way. If you're not in a good spot in life, weed can become addictive. If you're really happy, though, and assuming you're not smoking chemically-treated weed, the chances of becoming addicted drop drastically.

Okami Chi
April 23rd, 2010, 03:47 AM
I agree. Don't know why people think it's so "cool" to smoke anything. Don't do drugs people. It just shows how lame you are that you can't have fun or a good time without something being pumped into your body or you're smoking it.

Guillermo
April 23rd, 2010, 03:52 AM
That's true, the quote there. It is used as a crutch, which is why I said that the only people I know who are addicted are unstable in some way. If you're not in a good spot in life, weed can become addictive. If you're really happy, though, and assuming you're not smoking chemically-treated weed, the chances of becoming addicted drop drastically.
Most people that are happy with their life don't resort to smoking weed in the first place.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 03:54 AM
Most people that are happy with their life don't resort to smoking weed in the first place.

I'm sure there are some happy people who just like to get the feeling every once in a while. Smoking weed is used by many happy people to "amplify" a situation. I don't personally see it as necessary, but it's not like "Oh, you smoke weed. You're a loser". It's like drinking casually. People do it; does that make them bad? Nope. Same kind of thing with happy people smoking weed occasionally, too.

Guillermo
April 23rd, 2010, 04:25 AM
I'm sure there are some happy people who just like to get the feeling every once in a while. Smoking weed is used by many happy people to "amplify" a situation. I don't personally see it as necessary, but it's not like "Oh, you smoke weed. You're a loser". It's like drinking casually. People do it; does that make them bad? Nope. Same kind of thing with happy people smoking weed occasionally, too.
Difference, weed is illegal and alcohol isn't. I believe that should be flipped around.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 04:31 AM
Difference, weed is illegal and alcohol isn't. I believe that should be flipped around.

Same. Alcohol is way more destructive :s at one point, alcohol was illegal and weed was legal, but that switched around in the 1930s (something around that time, anyway...)

Throat
April 23rd, 2010, 07:33 AM
COUNTERPOINT. With weed being legal, the government could regulate the potency and distribution of the substance, eliminating users having to interact with shady dealers, who may or may not have laced the weed with an addictive substance such as cocaine to get you to keep buying drugs from them, thus creating a new addiction.
There'd still be drug dealers of other illegal stuff.

Let me try to explain what would probably happen:

Joe is a guy who wants to try on weed, as it's not illegal, why not? - The fact it's no longer illegal would take MANY other youngsters to use it, who doubts? - He used it, got very high and enjoyed. He used it like 30 times (?) and the effect is going weaker and weaker. He needs something stronger to have the same effect. He talks to drug dealers and start using cocaine. Now Joe is done.

Yeah, I agree that's their own stupidity, but if a country make it legal, they'd end up having to spend way more money on health care for them.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I agree that's their own stupidity, but if a country make it legal, they'd end up having to spend way more money on health care for them.

Health Care? Maybe from eating too much and sleeping on it lol How do you think health care costs would increase?

Throat
April 23rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Health Care? Maybe from eating too much and sleeping on it lol How do you think health care costs would increase?
Making it short, drug rehabilitation. Is my country (Brazil) the only one where every citizen has the right to have medical care for free (here it is cheesy, but in this case it isn't meaningful)?

shookie
April 23rd, 2010, 07:57 AM
I agree. Don't know why people think it's so "cool" to smoke anything. Don't do drugs people. It just shows how lame you are that you can't have fun or a good time without something being pumped into your body or you're smoking it.
I can't function well outside of my home unless I've taken the drugs that were prescribed to me by a licensed physician. Some schizophrenics and those with bipolar disorder probably wouldn't be able to "have fun or a good time" without something being pumped into their body.

Yusshin
April 23rd, 2010, 08:02 AM
Making it short, drug rehabilitation. Is my country (Brazil) the only one where every citizen has the right to have medical care for free (here it is cheesy, but in this case it isn't meaningful)?

Canada's the same way. Our taxes pay for Health Cards which offer free health services, but medecine costs a lot if you don't have insurance from your work - especially dental-related things.

Rehabilitation would be an issue, but I don't believe marijuana would lead that many people to more dangerous drugs. Only the stupid people, really. A lot of people view it as a "gateway" drug, but everyone I've ever talked to only take weed - everything else they deem disgusting, abused, dangerous, and unhealthy. From personal experience, Canadians don't go Marijuana->Cocaine->Heroine->Death, so it's not really a problem over here. Maybe that's because our weed doesn't have chemicals topped on it :< I'm not sure...

Throat
April 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
I've made a small research and Canada isn't free of illicit drugs*, I'm sorry if I am wrong. Maybe you're in a good social circle?

*I mean the weed legalization seems to have no big advantage.

SIN1488
April 23rd, 2010, 08:38 AM
No, I think it should stay illegal too. I say this even though I used to smoke for a few years of my life. I don't see how it would do any real good in the end, other than financial reasons, but that's still not worth it and here's why.

Even with it being legal, we have older siblings and such smoking weed and not really hiding the fact. Their younger siblings see that it's okay for them to do it too, and so they want it. Now, maybe some older siblings won't let them do it if they can help it, and maybe some of the younger siblings will not want to because it's illegal. But some will either start smoking as they get older, or they will find ways to get it then, like stealing it from their brothers or sisters.

Now if it's legal, the younger siblings even have the arguments "why shouldn't we get to do it since it's legal for you?" and "It's not bad for you like cigarettes".

Maybe you're thinking it wouldn't be a big deal. I've noticed that it can really lower motivation to do things in a lot of people. Not really physical laziness, but not wanting to do things in school or just wanting to get high instead of doing other things. Kids don't have much motivation for school these days already, pretty much only as a way of socializing with other kids. So if they smoked regularly, they might say "screw school!" and just ditch to go hang out and smoke.

Maybe I'm just ranting on here, but one last point. :P

I've seen this happen with people in high school, and some middle schoolers. Now it seems to be spreading more to middle schools. I've seen other trends and such spread all the way from high school to elementary school, and it's mostly been things that are frowned upon by parents, which is why it's spread so fast.

So would you really want this stuff to have an easier time of spreading to younger generations?

Zeph.
April 23rd, 2010, 09:40 AM
Some of my friends have smoked weed before. Some more than others. I think my friends are some of the most amazing people in the world, honestly.

I think governments are just scared to legalise it because many people brand it as a 'bad drug', and they would get bad publicity.

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Canada's the same way. Our taxes pay for Health Cards which offer free health services, but medecine costs a lot if you don't have insurance from your work - especially dental-related things.

Rehabilitation would be an issue, but I don't believe marijuana would lead that many people to more dangerous drugs. Only the stupid people, really. A lot of people view it as a "gateway" drug, but everyone I've ever talked to only take weed - everything else they deem disgusting, abused, dangerous, and unhealthy. From personal experience, Canadians don't go Marijuana->Cocaine->Heroine->Death, so it's not really a problem over here. Maybe that's because our weed doesn't have chemicals topped on it :< I'm not sure...
I feel the same way as the people you talk to. I don't really think weed and salvia and other naturally occurring things are all that bad, but when you start effing with chemicals and test tubes to get something to make you high, you're a dumbass, IMO.

Lt_Nite
April 23rd, 2010, 10:00 AM
The thing is marijuana is not PHYSICALLY addictive, just mentally. A lot of things are mentally addictive, why not ban those too? They can be just as devastating to a person's life as weed can.

SalemGreen
April 23rd, 2010, 10:17 AM

Meth itself would be quite safe.. if it were made by the government. It becomes unsafe because the cooks make it with such ridiculous things.

And, Marijuana is not in anyway addictive. It's purely a mental addiction (which, I know people who are mentally addicted to stuffed bunnies. Let's ban those, too?)

Oh wow. That's a little uneducated of you to say.

Also, nicotine itself is scientifically considered HEALTHY. It's found in many of the vegetables you eat every day. It's also been studied and proven to actually enhance pleasures while nicotine is active and proven that it can act as an anti-depressant. Nicotine only becomes unhealthy in abnormal quantities, more than is in an entire carton of cigarettes.

Yeah, and drinking too much water can kill you too.

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Meth itself would be quite safe.. if it were made by the government. It becomes unsafe because the cooks make it with such ridiculous things.

And, Marijuana is not in anyway addictive. It's purely a mental addiction (which, I know people who are mentally addicted to stuffed bunnies. Let's ban those, too?)

Oh wow. That's a little uneducated of you to say.

Also, nicotine itself is scientifically considered HEALTHY. It's found in many of the vegetables you eat every day. It's also been studied and proven to actually enhance pleasures while nicotine is active and proven that it can act as an anti-depressant. Nicotine only becomes unhealthy in abnormal quantities, more than is in an entire carton of cigarettes.

Yeah, and drinking too much water can kill you too.
As much as I enjoy your tidbits of information, some of them seem a bit iffy.
Got some links to back it up? If so, please, post them. I want to read more about it ^_^

インフェルノの津波
April 23rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Someone actually made a thread for marijuana?

It shouldn't stay illegal, its silly that it is. I think its only illegal is because people were misusing it, but wait aren't there people misusing other drugs too, shouldn't those be illegal too?

The only reason I find to unban it is for those with cancer, marijuana relieves their pain a lot.

SalemGreen
April 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
As much as I enjoy your tidbits of information, some of them seem a bit iffy.
Got some links to back it up? If so, please, post them. I want to read more about it ^_^

I think I actually can't post links yet due to post count. However, if you go to google and do what I call "quote searching" you should find it. Just google search what the person is claiming (in this case: "Nicotine is good for you" should do the trick) and you'll usually get some of their sources.

xJordan360
April 23rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
I think I actually can't post links yet due to post count. However, if you go to google and do what I call "quote searching" you should find it. Just google search what the person is claiming (in this case: "Nicotine is good for you" should do the trick) and you'll usually get some of their sources.

brb, articles.
Not a bad find.
Interesting, in the very least. ^_^

SalemGreen
April 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Yes. As I've mentioned in many of my posts my profession is a "Professional critic and analyst". I lobby for smokers rights and you'd be surprised the amount of things you were lied to about back in highschool. Specifically when it comes to smoking. A prime example is the fact that a non-smoker living in chicago for ONE DAY will inhale more than five times the amount of carcinogens and pollutants than a FIVE PACK A DAY smoker in the country would in a whole WEEK. Smoking isn't all that deadly, nor dangerous.

Yamikarasu
April 23rd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Some quick facts about marijuana:
- You can't overdose. (It would take about 20,000+ joints to kill a person)
- You can't become physically addicted. (Marijuana is about as addictive as chocolate)
- Yeah, you can get lung cancer from smoking it, but that's a BS reason to keep it illegal because cigarettes are perfectly legal (plus they're addictive and even more cancerous, since users typically smoke a pack or more a day). You can just bake it into brownies and presto, no risk of lung cancer.

As to it being a gateway drug, that's debatable. Because marijuana is not addictive, I believe that what really causes people to go onto harder drugs (like alcohol), is the culture that surrounds the drug. Raves especially, because you can't go to one and not expect to be offered ecstasy or something else.

Marijuana should be decriminalized in my opinion, and then taxed just as cigarettes and alcohol are. This would take nonviolent people out of overcrowded prisons, and the money saved and raised from the now legal marijuana would be spent on drug rehab programs.

Anyone who thinks cigarettes and alcohol should remain legal while pot remains illegal is ignorant. End of discussion.

shookie
April 23rd, 2010, 12:31 PM
Some quick facts about marijuana:
- You can't overdose. (It would take about 20,000+ joints to kill a person)
- You can't become physically addicted. (Marijuana is about as addictive as chocolate)
- Yeah, you can get lung cancer from smoking it, but that's a BS reason to keep it illegal because cigarettes are perfectly legal (plus they're addictive and even more cancerous, since users typically smoke a pack or more a day). You can just bake it into brownies and presto, no risk of lung cancer.
1. Chocolate is damn addictive. If I could safely have chocolate through a central line I would do it 24/7. Too bad that would kill me.
2. You can also bake pot into cookies.
The More You Know ~*

Sneeze
April 23rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
It should be legal in my opinion, as said the effects aren't anywhere near as harmful as alcohol, tobacco of even caffeine. Alcohol, while being perfectly legal, can make you aggressive and abusive to the point where you are not only a dangerous to yourself but those around you, weed not so much. Tobacco is far more addictive than weed as does worse things to your body.

The "gateway" drug argument is kind of flawed, what makes weed a gateway drug but alcohol and tobacco aren't? Drugs are drugs and will all lose their effect over time.

Also, stuff is at the most dangerous when it's illegal, when something becomes outlawed only outlaws have access to it, if weed was legal and you could buy it over the counter in a pharmacy, off license (or bakery :P) then it would be far less dangerous and wouldn't run the risk of being chemically treated because it would have grown in a controlled environment and you wouldn't risk having your knee caps broken when you can't pay up.

And my last point, drugs aren't a "lazy" thing, people don't need drugs to enjoy themselves unless they're really bad. Drugs are sort of a catalyst to what ever activity you are doing at the time.

Of course, the simple solution to this massive contraction would be to make alcohol and tobacco illegal but the government won't do that for one reason, money. I don't know about the US but over here tax on alcohol over here is pretty awful. In my opinion legalise weed and abolish VAT.

Honest
April 23rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
I actually have no problem with weed, mostly due to the fact it isn't as bad as tobacco and alcohol over a long period of time. I just hate the smell of it though. >_>

Xebelleon
April 23rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Should be illegal.

Especially the good stuff that has mescaline or PCP or meth crystals on the leaf shreds.

The amount of dimebags I have seen/bought that had seeds should be another reason to make it illegal.

My previous cat ate a weed seed during a thunderstorm. Few minutes into the storm, my cat was spazzing, jumped through the screen (apartment window), and got multiple punctures from the nearby apple tree causing death.

Astrotastic:D
April 23rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
i think it should be legal :D
i've never done it
but i actually kind of like the smell
everyone above me has said all that i already know about weed
so i'm just agreeing with them :D

Trap-Eds
April 23rd, 2010, 02:59 PM
Didn't they make weed legal in New Jersey a few months back? *searches Google*

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/nyregion/12marijuana.html
It's for severly ill people. The article mentions that medical marijuana is loosely regulated in some places, namely California. But if you regulate properly and prevent people from getting it so easily, then what's the problem? Why can't the government legalise it? Especially since from what I've heard and read it's not as bad as tobacco and everything else.

chadgraphix
April 23rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
I hope it becomes legal, because I want to try it. :P

And I mean for normal people, not just severely ill patients.

PokemonLeagueChamp
April 23rd, 2010, 03:31 PM
I know for a fact that I am utterly wasting my time in this debate. Experience on discussing this topic(with real potheads mind you)tells me so. So let's take a systematic approach.

Point 1: Weed is believed to be less dangerous than tobacco. Well, that detail must've escaped my research on this topic, so I need to look into it. At any rate, assuming that is the case, does that make marijuana safe? The answer is a resounding NO. And for those of you that think you can't OD unless after a whole lot of weed, well that's simply wrong. It doesn't take much to knock your mind out of whack, to where your decision-making capacity is really no better than when you are drunk, it's unlikely that it takes much more to cause...unwanted effects.

Point 2: The whole "physical vs mental" addiction points previously made....is also wrong. Both aspects are there, but have been misunderstood. The mental affects are astounding. I don't give a damn how tough you think you are, how strong-willed you believe yourself to be, if you gain an addiction, sooner or later you WILL smoke more. It takes intense therapy to even have a chance. Caffeine doesn't even compare. When I drink a Pepsi, it perks me up, but I know it's mostly the sugar because non-caffenated 7-Up has the same effect on me. So if anything I'm a sugar addict, but then so is most every other American(barring diabetics). As for physical addiction, ignoring the immediate side effects of smoking pot or chompin a brownie, there is physical addiction, because, as with every other physically addictive substances, there are withdrawal effects all over the body.

Point 3: I just lol everytime someone says pot is good and it makes "everyone" happy. Mostly because it's a load of BS. Sure, the high makes you feel okay, but after the effects wear off(and you've most likely been unconscious for at least an hour and a half)you will assuredly feel like a pile of ****. And besides, if you NEED that marijuana to make you feel happy or keep you happy, then I'm sorry but you have a pretty crappy life. Not to mention that it's a sign of weakness that you really need to keep some fake happiness through pot, or following the(unfortunately INCREASING)crowd that smokes. Smoking some stupid plant shouldn't be the highlight of your day/week/month. If it is, you have some serious issues. My data to back it up? Well, amidst all the **** I overhear in school I heard a little tidbit from a well-known stoner, which was(in these EXACT words), "weed is the only good thing in my life". Well, I'm just done right there. People who believe that, there's nearly nothing can be done to help them.

Point 4: What to do about possesion and sale of marijuana? Well, those found possesing over the legal limit(which really should be any amount of weed at all, except for say, a few particles), confiscate it and get rid of it, preferably via some sort of furnace with ventilation and filtration of air. Dealers should have a first-time reliquishment of all marijuana, and remain free barring any unrelated charges. Second offense, confiscation of marijuana and jail time. And while on the subject of law, the legalization of weed has gained some ground only because lawmakers want to be able to tax it. Well, here's a novel idea for politicians: TIGHTEN THE BELT AND STOP WASTING SO MUCH OF OUR DAMN MONEY THAT YOU NEED NEW WAYS TO TAKE MORE.

That's about it. Don't even mention the word tobacco in your replied; I want THAT to be illegal as well. It's no better than marijuana, and the long-term effects of smoking and chewing tobacco are the same as those caused by chewing and smoking weed. If you toke up regularly, nothing personal, but sooner or later you will find this out the hard way.

Esper
April 23rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
Point 4: What to do about possesion and sale of marijuana? Well, those found possesing over the legal limit(which really should be any amount of weed at all, except for say, a few particles), confiscate it and get rid of it, preferably via some sort of furnace with ventilation and filtration of air. Dealers should have a first-time reliquishment of all marijuana, and remain free barring any unrelated charges. Second offense, confiscation of marijuana and jail time. And while on the subject of law, the legalization of weed has gained some ground only because lawmakers want to be able to tax it. Well, here's a novel idea for politicians: TIGHTEN THE BELT AND STOP WASTING SO MUCH OF OUR DAMN MONEY THAT YOU NEED NEW WAYS TO TAKE MORE.
If you don't want money being wasted then why are you advocating using money to arrest, prosecute and imprison people when you've already stated that you feel confiscation is enough of a punishment?

Sneeze
April 23rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
@pokemonleaguechamp - In regards to point 3, surely that's down the fault of the individual and not the drug? If weed is the best thing in their life thats up to them, there's plenty of "normal" people that smoke. I have nothing against weed when used socially, much like alcohol. Just because something can be a problem is some situations doesn't mean it is always a problem. There's no real way round this but it's not really a valid argument in my opinion because the same could be applied to chocolate, big brother or even sleeping...

Just a thought, all this weed that is confiscated by the police, what do they actually do with it?

Burn it, really slowly, a little bit at a time is my reckoning.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 23rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
Weed's just another way of saying "I can't cope with my problems, so I'll have to use this in order to calm the fudge down or else I'll go insane".

Just like alcohol and cigarettes.

If it's legalized, I don't think it'll make a difference. It's just that it's annoying when people use such things as a way to calm themselves down.

TL;DR: I'm neutral, but using drugs [or a plant, as some of you may get offended] is NO WAY to de-stress you.

Lt_Nite
April 23rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
Weed's just another way of saying "I can't cope with my problems, so I'll have to use this in order to calm the fudge down or else I'll go insane".

Just like alcohol and cigarettes.

If it's legalized, I don't think it'll make a difference. It's just that it's annoying when people use such things as a way to calm themselves down.

TL;DR: I'm neutral, but using drugs [or a plant, as some of you may get offended] is NO WAY to de-stress you.

Does that mean you don't believe drugs to cure things such as pain/depression? Or are you talking drugs such as coke, heroin, etc. Just curious.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 23rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
Does that mean you don't believe drugs to cure things such as pain/depression? Or are you talking drugs such as coke, heroin, etc. Just curious.

Coke, heroin, crystal meth, etc. and legal "drugs" when abused [as in, taking like 10 pills at once when you only "need" 3 because you're stressed out].

chicanery
April 23rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
i think it'd make no difference whether it were legalized or not.. people obtain it easily enough & use it often enough as it is. :x it may be less damaging to your health than cigarettes, pharms or alcohol, but it still alters your state of mind & essentially dumbs you down for a while...* however pleasant it may feel. :|a as for whether it is 'right' or 'wrong' to use it, it depends on how responsible the user is. people get drunk, do stupid things and mess up their lives - though to a lesser degree, the same potential is there with weed, especially while it stays illegal... if it were legalized, the government/companies would most likely take tight control of it, roll it full of chemicals and fillers and take over the market, right? all something like that would do is cause more controversy.

well, in short i don't think it's too big a deal, there are too many facets to each side for me to be convinced either way right now /)__(\

*d-depending on the strength of the stuff & your tolerance o'course

flaksjfl/drops 2 cents & rolls out of the thread

Fxcking Tatertots
April 23rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
i think it'd make no difference whether it were legalized or not.. people obtain it easily enough & use it often enough as it is. :x it may be less damaging to your health than cigarettes, pharms or alcohol, but it still alters your state of mind & essentially dumbs you down for a while...* however pleasant it may feel. :|a as for whether it is 'right' or 'wrong' to use it, it depends on how responsible the user is. people get drunk, do stupid things and mess up their lives - though to a lesser degree, the same potential is there with weed, especially while it stays illegal... if it were legalized, the government/companies would most likely take tight control of it, roll it full of chemicals and fillers and take over the market, right? all something like that would do is cause more controversy.

well, in short i don't think it's too big a deal, there are too many facets to each side for me to be convinced either way right now /)__(\

*d-depending on the strength of the stuff & your tolerance o'course

flaksjfl/drops 2 cents & rolls out of the thread

Sorry to be off-topic, but I can't see what you're typing well. Lucida Console + tiny size = astigmatism level 9001..

PokemonLeagueChamp
April 24th, 2010, 04:55 AM
If you don't want money being wasted then why are you advocating using money to arrest, prosecute and imprison people when you've already stated that you feel confiscation is enough of a punishment?
Because if you get dealers off the streets, there won't be anyone to buy from.

Flipnotic
April 24th, 2010, 11:27 AM
i believe its stupid for even legalizing it. what for??? it doesn't do damage to people besides eliminates brain cells by small numbers by years.
i believe if weed is illegal, so should cigarettes. cigarettes contain rat poison and do far more damage and has never be found to help ANYONE besides stress but it also hurts people in the long run.
if people are allowed to be prescribed medical marijuana, why can't it be legal to everyone else?
it doesn't really damage anyone, it actually helps people out in different ways.

Marijuana provides relief of:

Alzheimer's Disease
Anorexia
AIDS
Arthritis
Cachexia
Cancer
Crohn's Disease
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
HIV
Migraine
Multiple Sclerosis
Nausea
Pain
Spasticity
Wasting Syndrome

there are still so many drug wars and people getting killed over a pound of weed to this day, why can't we just possibly try to stop all of that by legalizing it?

it is already legalized in 14 states.
they do have laws on how much you can have on you in public, but the point is, IT IS LEGALIZED THERE.

Fourteen states have enacted laws that legalized medical marijuana: State Year Passed How Passed
(Yes Vote) ID Card Fee Possession Limit Accepts other states' registry ID cards? 1. Alaska (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Alaska)
Ballot Measure 8 (58%) $25/$20
1 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature)
Unknown * (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#AKID) 2. California (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#California)
Proposition 215 (56%) $66/$33
8 oz usable; 18 plants (6 mature, 12 immature)** (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#CAPoss)
No 3. Colorado (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Colorado)
Ballot Amendment 20 (54%) $90
2 oz usable; 6 plants (3 mature, 3 immature)
No 4. Hawaii (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Hawaii)
Senate Bill 862 (32-18 House; 13-12 Senate) $25
3 oz usable; 7 plants (3 mature, 4 immature)
No 5. Maine (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Maine)
Ballot Question 2 (61%) *** (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#MEfee)
2.5 oz usable; 6 plants
Yes 6. Michigan (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Michigan) 2008 Proposal 1 (63%) $100/$25 2.5 oz usable; 12 plants Yes 7. Montana (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Montana)
Initiative 148 (62%) $25/$10
1 oz usable; 6 plants
Yes 8. Nevada (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Nevada)
Ballot Question 9 (65%) $150 +
1 oz usable; 7 plants (3 mature, 4 immature)
No 10. New Jersey (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#NewJersey)
Senate Bill 119 (48-14 House; 25-13 Senate) **** (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#NJfee)
2 oz usable
Unknown 9. New Mexico (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#NewMexico) 2007 Senate Bill 523 (36-31 House; 32-3 Senate) $0 6 oz usable; 16 plants (4 mature, 12 immature)
No 11. Oregon (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Oregon)
Ballot Measure 67 (55%) $100/$20
24 oz usable; 24 plants (6 mature, 18 immature)
No 12. Rhode Island (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Rhode)
Senate Bill 0710 (52-10 House; 33-1 Senate) $75/$10
2.5 oz usable; 12 plants
Yes 13. Vermont (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Vermont)
Senate Bill 76 (22-7) HB 645 (82-59) $50
2 oz usable; 9 plants (2 mature, 7 immature)
No 14. Washington (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Washington)
Initiative 692 (59%) ***** (http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#WAfee)
24 oz usable; 15 plants
No

Fxcking Tatertots
April 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Flipnotic, I can't see number one. :p

shookie
April 24th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Any debate that has to use "Well it kills brain cells!" as an argument is pretty weak. Dehydration, drinking too much water, a concussion, rapidly shaking your head back and forth, eating junk food, being stressed, having a stroke, taking chemo and about a thousand other things are enough to kill your brain cells.

Also, marijuana is an inhibitor, it doesn't actually kill brain cells. Your short-term memory might not be so great if you're a heavy abuser, but alcohol does more damage to the brain than marijuana.

Flipnotic
April 24th, 2010, 05:00 PM
i know i tried fixing it lol but it kept showing up weird like that :(

piece of something
April 25th, 2010, 01:40 AM
weed, ay? i've never touched the stuff and can't see any reason why i'd want to, but for those who do, why not let them go ahead? as long as ppl understand the good and bad of weed i think the choice should be in their hands to decide if they want to do it, not government's...plus weed naturally grows from the Earth, who owns the right to the planet and why do they get to decide? D<

PokemonLeagueChamp
April 25th, 2010, 05:10 AM
If you are going to make the argument of medical marijuana then it shouldn't be legal for mass non-hospital use. It would be like allowing other painkillers like oxycodone and morphine to be used for non-medical purposes(getting high), which I'm sure no one thinks is a good thing. Why in the hell should weed be any different?

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Should be illegal.

Especially the good stuff that has mescaline or PCP or meth crystals on the leaf shreds.

The amount of dimebags I have seen/bought that had seeds should be another reason to make it illegal.

My previous cat ate a weed seed during a thunderstorm. Few minutes into the storm, my cat was spazzing, jumped through the screen (apartment window), and got multiple punctures from the nearby apple tree causing death.

That's not weed. That's crazy ****.

In that case, you don't want weed to be illegal; you want whatever the person spiked the weed with to be illegal. Weed sure as Hell didn't make your cat go nuts. The contrary, it would make your cat sleep.

Not sure who it was that spiked it with ecstacy or something, but that typically only happens in urban places of the U.S.

SIN1488
April 25th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I think you're mixing up ecstasy with something else. Why would a dealer waste ecstasy lacing someones weed when you can't even smoke ecstasy anyway? It wouldn't do anything....

And about that persons cat, there is only a little bit of THC in marijuana seeds, so maybe it had an allergic reaction or something. And if all it ate was a weed seed, there's not really much that you could lace onto that, if anything.

WonderGirl
April 25th, 2010, 06:57 AM
yeah, theres something i dont get. if drugs are illegal, why not ciggies? people come up with stupid arguements like people win money so they should be kept or else they will lose their jobs. yea well, if drugs were legal more people would have jobs too, so thats a no-no.

Renege
April 25th, 2010, 07:02 AM
For me, it doesn't matter if it's legal or not. I don't use it, but I have nothing against it. I just don't hang around people who do, do it.

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 07:11 AM
I think you're mixing up ecstasy with something else. Why would a dealer waste ecstasy lacing someones weed when you can't even smoke ecstasy anyway? It wouldn't do anything....

And about that persons cat, there is only a little bit of THC in marijuana seeds, so maybe it had an allergic reaction or something. And if all it ate was a weed seed, there's not really much that you could lace onto that, if anything.

Yeah, but you know what I mean xD It'd be what's in/on it that the person would want illegal.

Kinda odd that the cat went nuts and died :< weed wouldn't do that.

Teru Mikami
April 25th, 2010, 08:48 AM
What's wrong with weed...

SIN1488
April 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah, but you know what I mean xD It'd be what's in/on it that the person would want illegal.

Yeah I get it, I didn't realize you put "or something" after ecstacy. But if weed was legal it would mostly be government grown, and since it would be regulated by the government, it would only be laced with the stuff they want to poison you with. XD

But really, if it was government grown, hopefully they would be smart enough to make it cheaper. That way, it would cost too much for certain dealers to lace their stuff, and they would have to charge even more to make up for it, which would run them out of business.

That's kind of another argument my friend once said about how laced weed isn't as common as police or other people always spout about so often. It just costs too much to do so, and they have to charge extra unless they are somehow getting the drugs to lace the weed with for free. So if it's not free for them, they won't get much business. At least that's how it is in Cali, where everyone is a freakin dealer around here.

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Yeah I get it, I didn't realize you put "or something" after ecstacy. But if weed was legal it would mostly be government grown, and since it would be regulated by the government, it would only be laced with the stuff they want to poison you with. XD

But really, if it was government grown, hopefully they would be smart enough to make it cheaper. That way, it would cost too much for certain dealers to lace their stuff, and they would have to charge even more to make up for it, which would run them out of business.

That's kind of another argument my friend once said about how laced weed isn't as common as police or other people always spout about so often. It just costs too much to do so, and they have to charge extra unless they are somehow getting the drugs to lace the weed with for free. So if it's not free for them, they won't get much business. At least that's how it is in Cali, where everyone is a freakin dealer around here.

From what I heard, weed in the US can even be laced with common household products used to make crystal meth. If that's true, it's really inexpensive :s

SIN1488
April 25th, 2010, 04:05 PM
From what I heard, weed in the US can even be laced with common household products used to make crystal meth. If that's true, it's really inexpensive :s

Don't always believe what you hear. But it's sort of true, some dealers might spray some things on the weed to make it weigh more. I think it's more common to throw orange peels in the bag with it, that way it absorbs the moisture from it. But the problem with that is they might leave it in too long and it will grow mold. Or it might smell like citrus and people will be like: "WTF is this?"

Dealer: "uhhh, it's orange kush!" >_>
<_<

FaithInMe
April 25th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Theres an old saying among tattooed people.
The difference between someone with tattoos and someone without them is, the tattooed dont care if you dont have any.
The same concept applies for this, alcohol, cigarettes, sex and so on.
The difference between the people who do them and the ones who dont? The ones who do, dont care if you dont.

People need to learn not to be hyprocritical and judgemental of things they have never done and had no experience with.
Eg. The tv said drugs are bad... that must be true, Im never trying them to find out for myself.
People shouldnt restrict their life experience just because of what they've heard.

Personally, Ive done weed, a couple of times here and there.
Ive had the experience, made up my mind based on said experience, its not for me.
So I dont do it anymore.

Self informed judgements people. SELF INFORMED.

Yusshin
April 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Don't always believe what you hear. But it's sort of true, some dealers might spray some things on the weed to make it weigh more. I think it's more common to throw orange peels in the bag with it, that way it absorbs the moisture from it. But the problem with that is they might leave it in too long and it will grow mold. Or it might smell like citrus and people will be like: "WTF is this?"

Dealer: "uhhh, it's orange kush!" >_>
<_<

lolol

My friend, who, funny enough, despises Jewish people, got ripped off by a Jewish man once. Instead of weed, the guy sold him a bag of cloth mixed with a tiny bit of weed.

He marched down there, caused a riot, and burned an Israelian flag. He was put in prison for three days after that.

Not that I agree with what he did, but you reminded me with that "insert random '**** that guy over' material / object here" comment xD

Dukey
April 25th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I agree with the fact that if weed is illegal then then so should cigarettes.
Then people go on about 'the government need cigarettes legal for money'.
Screw that, the more people alive from not smoking would probably fill that hole right up.

Me personally, I would do weed over smoking cigarettes, it's nowhere near as bad for you, and atleast it gives you some kind of a high.

WonderGirl
April 26th, 2010, 03:14 AM
The difference between someone with tattoos and someone without them is, the tattooed dont care if you dont have any.
The difference between the people who do them and the ones who dont? The ones who do, dont care if you dont.

People need to learn not to be hyprocritical and judgemental of things they have never done and had no experience with.
Eg. The tv said drugs are bad... that must be true, Im never trying them to find out for myself.
People shouldnt restrict their life experience just because of what they've heard.

Ive had the experience, made up my mind based on said experience, its not for me.
So I dont do it anymore.

sure people have their own opinion and stuff, but if so many people say its bad then it probably is.

Yusshin
April 26th, 2010, 03:36 AM
sure people have their own opinion and stuff, but if so many people say its bad then it probably is.

Actually, no.

That's like saying "So many people think Arabs are terrorists, so they are", "Mexicans are all lazy", or "Jewish people just want $$$"

Definitely not true. It's because of how people have been told to look at marijuana without even bothering to try it themselves to see if it's true. Some people even compare marijuana to cocaine and heroine, when it's really not like that at all. Drug dealers don't even view marijuana as a drug and neither do the people imprisoned for cocaine possession.

Cigarettes are more harmful than marijuana. Some people believe one joint = 15 cigarettes, but as I mentioned before, that's only possible if you really, really cake in the tobacco. Otherwise, it's relatively harmless, especially if you ingest it, say, in a brownie. Then your lungs definitely won't be affected, and nei' your stomach.

When I was growing up, movies, television, and people told me marijuana was a dangerous drug that caused people to become violent. Is that true? No. Quite the contrary. The only reason so many people think it's a bad drug is because it's set up to look that way, so a crapload of people will oppose it if ever people were to band together and try to appeal the ban on weed. If people think marijuana is the same or worse than cocaine, and makes people violent, they're less likely to want it legalized, and then the paper and clothing companies won't be at risk.

See?

Arcanine1993
April 26th, 2010, 10:36 AM

If they do legalise it its just going to be abused in my opinion but I fully agree with you!

Limey-chan
April 26th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Actually, no.

That's like saying "So many people think Arabs are terrorists, so they are", "Mexicans are all lazy", or "Jewish people just want $$$"

Definitely not true. It's because of how people have been told to look at marijuana without even bothering to try it themselves to see if it's true. Some people even compare marijuana to cocaine and heroine, when it's really not like that at all. Drug dealers don't even view marijuana as a drug and neither do the people imprisoned for cocaine possession.

Cigarettes are more harmful than marijuana. Some people believe one joint = 15 cigarettes, but as I mentioned before, that's only possible if you really, really cake in the tobacco. Otherwise, it's relatively harmless, especially if you ingest it, say, in a brownie. Then your lungs definitely won't be affected, and nei' your stomach.

When I was growing up, movies, television, and people told me marijuana was a dangerous drug that caused people to become violent. Is that true? No. Quite the contrary. The only reason so many people think it's a bad drug is because it's set up to look that way, so a crapload of people will oppose it if ever people were to band together and try to appeal the ban on weed. If people think marijuana is the same or worse than cocaine, and makes people violent, they're less likely to want it legalized, and then the paper and clothing companies won't be at risk.

See?

Good post, fully agree.

To me it makes no difference if it stays illegal or not. People will abuse it if its legalised, just like people abuse it at the moment.

.Gamer
April 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM

http://www.meth-in-douglas.com/images/meth%20users/Meth%20User%200001.jpg
No, Meth is a terrible drug.

Eggie Poo Poo
April 26th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Lol it's funny how misinformed people are. Everyone thinks "doing Marijuana" (as the noobs phrase it) is so bad for you, makes you stupid, kills you, is addictive, etc. Truth is, it's not really bad for you at all.

If you blaze a lot the only real problems come from inhaling the smoke which is common to anything you smoke, whether it's weed or breathing in smoke from a candle. You can also gain a bit of weight off it, and there also is risk of Erectile Disfunction (basically when a guy can't get an erection). It can slightly damage your short term memory a little bit, but it's not all that bad. Also weed is not addictive, at ALL. In your head you may want to do it again and have fun, but your body doesn't crave it like tobacco or other drugs.

There has also never been a recorded death from smoking weed. In my opinion it should be legalized as there are really no problems that can come from weed, and even then they are only affecting the guy who's smoking it, it's not like drinking where you might do something stupid or start driving recklessly, being high is different because you're mostly in control of yourself.

If anything, I think Alcohol is 100x worse than weed.

PokemonLeagueChamp
April 26th, 2010, 01:26 PM

So I dont do it anymore.

So I need to do weed and risk addiction(everything you listed can be addictive as well, except for maybe getting tattoos)just to make an "informed decision"? That's like saying(using one of your examples)"Go have sex and see if you like it. You might get an STD but who cares, at least next time around you can make an INFORMED DECISION.
*goes and has another beer*

Eggie Poo Poo
April 26th, 2010, 01:56 PM
So I need to do weed and risk addiction(everything you listed can be addictive as well, except for maybe getting tattoos)just to make an "informed decision"? That's like saying(using one of your examples)"Go have sex and see if you like it. You might get an STD but who cares, at least next time around you can make an INFORMED DECISION.

You're so naive it's hilarious. Weed first of all is not addictive any way whatsoever, you want to do it to have fun again and stuff, but your body doesn't crave it like tobacco, nicotine, and other worse drugs like Cocaine or Meth,

And in sex if you use a condom you will never get an STD unless it breaks ... and only then if your partner has the STD too. And based on your thinking, then you should NEVER have sex because you might get an STD! What that guy is saying is right, you just don't have all the facts.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 26th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Good post, fully agree.

To me it makes no difference if it stays illegal or not. People will abuse it if its legalised, just like people abuse it at the moment.

It is true, People will make any excuse to smoke, just like people will make every excuse to get drunk and/or party. Especially the medical benefits part. Not that it's bad, it's just that some people prefer to smoke for the sake of smoking. =/

The last part... wow. I'm speechless. That was amazingly... amusing. There's a huge difference between common sense [which is not so common :p] and trying something such as weed/pot/whatever the kiddies call it these days. I'm not pro-pot nor anti-pot, I'm neutral because as I said, some problems may arise from it. And for the people saying weed isn't taxable... of course it's taxable. It's more of a double-edged sword along with alcohol and cigarettes. I prefer not paying any more taxes when I get a job in the future. :p

Hamilton
April 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
well i can't stand weed- i've never done it, but i've seen what it's done to the people i would take a bullet for- it made me hate them- it turned them into people i would put a bullet in- BUT i'm sure if it's legal, they'll just find something else to do- it's just a thing about rebellion

WonderGirl
April 27th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Actually, no.

See?

Oh. I guess you're right. But then how are we supposed to know what's dangerous and what's not?

Sneeze
April 27th, 2010, 04:20 AM
You're so naive it's hilarious. Weed first of all is not addictive any way whatsoever, you want to do it to have fun again and stuff, but your body doesn't crave it like tobacco, nicotine, and other worse drugs like Cocaine or Meth,

And in sex if you use a condom you will never get an STD unless it breaks ... and only then if your partner has the STD too. And based on your thinking, then you should NEVER have sex because you might get an STD! What that guy is saying is right, you just don't have all the facts.

QFT

Oh. I guess you're right. But then how are we supposed to know what's dangerous and what's not?

Research and the likes, and taking everything the government tell you with a pinch of salt.

Also, this thread needs a graph:

http://j.imagehost.org/0766/drugschart.jpg (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0766/drugschart)

As you can see, both tobacco and alcohol worse on both fronts.

Don't advise heroin though. lol.

Yusshin
April 27th, 2010, 05:01 AM

Like Sneeze said, Research a bit. I don't recommend Wikipedia, because it says a lot of bullcrap about a lot of drugs (marijuana does not make you hallucinate, become stupid, or violent. It makes you hungry, tired, and you react a bit slower under the effect. You also laugh at everything - it's a very happy "drug"). Don't believe everything that's said on television, either. Most of it is bullcrap. Always do your own research apart.

I have experience ingesting orally unlaced hash (which is just weed, but baked). You feel tired. You feel hungry. You laugh at everything. Games and music are louder and more fun. You're calm, tired, and you look at even the worst of problems as if they're nothing - if you can even think about it at all, since you're too busy just enjoying the effect. You think a different way with cannabis' effect grasping you, but it's a positive way. You certainly do not want to go outside and start killing everyone. Long-term effects on the brain? None, really. Other effects? Weight gain (you eat a lot, remember? lol), temporary difficulty with simple mathematics, and red eyes.

Sneeze's graph is pretty accurate; the only physical harm joints might do to you is something with your teeth / lungs, but that's to be expected since most joints contain tobacco, too. Even if not, you're still smoking it, so. It's definitely not as bad as tobacco.

Forever
April 27th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Weeds are terrible. I hate when they prevent other plants from growing. Yes, they need to stay illegal otherwise we won't have good gardens and God won't be happy with that.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2010, 02:11 PM
It should stay illegal...I HATE that my friends are planning to bring "special" brownies to school this week...

And I was talking to my friend about this guy I like and I asked him why he was friends with him and his reply was "Anyone who sells me drugs is my friend." When a 14 year old is saying that about a 15 year old, something is wrong there. At least I think so...

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Is he just doing it for fun or..?

There's nothing wrong with wanting the effect, since it isn't really harmful. If it were legal, he wouldn't think it's cool, and there would be no "dealers" really. Legalizing it would probably be better in your situation; of course, I think legalization should come with an 18+ age law on it, but at least your friend might not be as rebellious.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 28th, 2010, 02:16 PM
It should stay illegal...I HATE that my friends are planning to bring "special" brownies to school this week...

And I was talking to my friend about this guy I like and I asked him why he was friends with him and his reply was "Anyone who sells me drugs is my friend." When a 14 year old is saying that about a 15 year old, something is wrong there. At least I think so...

Only 14? That's sad. And special brownies to school? Oh gosh, this is why I dislike the majority of teenagers. They all want to be so "cool". -.-
I don't care if someone does drugs, but when a person is too young, then that's a problem as well. =/

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Only 14? That's sad. And special brownies to school? Oh gosh, this is why I dislike the majority of teenagers. -.-
I don't care if someone does drugs, but when a person is too young, then that's a problem as well. =/

That's tweens and mid-teens. They think it's cool and badass, and that chick's like a badass dude. Apparently doing something that people think is harmful and know is illegal makes you badass and attractive.

Hrm. Twisted.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Yes, 14.

And he is making special brownies to bring to school probably tomorrow. I don't know if I should tell someone or not...cause that's really sad...

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Yes, 14.
And he is making special brownies to bring to school probably tomorrow. I don't know if I should tell someone or not...cause that's really sad...

That is sad.

If he does, it won't harm anyone, so it's not like it's going to kill anyone or cause a violence outbreak, or a sudden shrill scream in the middle of class.

You might want to talk to him about it. Regardless, kids should focus on school, not a semi-jolly effect from a plant.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
That is sad.

If he does, it won't harm anyone, so it's not like it's going to kill anyone or cause a violence outbreak, or a sudden shrill scream in the middle of class.

You might want to talk to him about it. Regardless, kids should focus on school, not a semi-jolly effect from a plant.

Yeah. But on 4:20, a bunch of guys came to school high and got ISS for a few days...I tried talking to him about it when we were going out and he was like "If you don't change for me I'm not changing one bit for you!!" So yeah...talking to him won't work...

Fxcking Tatertots
April 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM
There's a difference on getting high at home and being high in school, obviously.
They're doin' it wrong! You don't go parading in certain environments high. But that's common sense. Oh wait, probably your friends lack it. >_>

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Then leave him alone. Maybe tell his parents if he won't listen to you.

Do it discreetly, though. Even though weed won't harm him, he's obviously paying money for it and consuming his time with it. It might show in his school marks, too, since it makes you "slower" temporarily.

'Might want to alert a parent.

[Edit]

Tater is right. Big difference between doing it casually at home / with friends, and doing it at school / before work.

icomeanon6
April 28th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Marijuana is a hallucinogen. It's a comparatively mild one, but it can cause hallucinations depending on the user. It's also addictive, not as addictive as tobacco or alcohol, but that's like saying that drinking bleach isn't as bad as drinking battery acid. It also reduces your capacity to learn. It damages the brain, there's empirical proof of that.

I would never smoke marijuana or tobacco. A fully functioning brain and a fully functioning set of lungs are your best friends. My older brother knows plenty of people who smoke marijuana, and I trust him when he says that it has had adverse effects on their lives. He's tried it too, and he regrets it deeply. He said it kept him from thinking clearly, and that's just plain dangerous. He might have tried driving and gotten himself killed or tried unprotected sex and gotten himself an STD or have gotten some poor girl pregnant. If you value being as sharp you can, marijuana and other drugs are terrible things to try. The high goes away, and it's easy to say that there aren't any long term effects because they're much harder to notice, but they're definitely there. No kind of fun is worth damaging your brain over.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Oh his parents are perfectly fine in whatever their son does. He carries condoms around "just in case."

But I don't know. I still don't think they should bring the weed brownies to school...I'm still telling the principal if he does bring them to school.

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Marijuana is a hallucinogen. It's a comparatively mild one, but it can cause hallucinations depending on the user.

Whoever told you that is full of crap. Wikipedia has distorted information, just to toss that in.

Unless it's laced with poison or a drug that causes hallucinations (i.e. "mush"), weed does not cause hallucinations. Just to clarify. If "weed" caused it, it was laced with something, and in that case, it's not the weed. It's the stuff that's on it.

Saltare, you should. It's against all school policies to bring anything of that sort to school. He's going to disrupt others' learning by putting the lazy effect on them, and the "slow" effect. It'll teach him a good lesson about being dumb, too.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Saltare, you should. It's against all school policies to bring anything of that sort to school. He's going to disrupt others' learning by putting the lazy effect on them, and the "slow" effect. It'll teach him a good lesson about being dumb, too.

My friends are already really "slow" so, not really much of an effect.

But yeah...my friends are going no where in life...they come to school high, hungover, ect. All the time.

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Well, you could tell someone about it, and try to help them.

Or find better friends, if you feel it's "too late" for them. Truthfully, it's never "too late", but sometimes we can't be bothered.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah, well, I have my "normalish" friends and my "weed smokin'-beer drinkin'-emo" friends...

I'm gonna stick with the normalish ones...

Yusshin
April 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM
That's probably a better influence for you as a person, too. I still recommend telling someone about your little friend, though.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Oh, don't worry. I will...first thing in the morning I'm going to the principal or a counselor or whatever. Or the SRO officer.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 28th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Oh his parents are perfectly fine in whatever their son does. He carries condoms around "just in case."

But I don't know. I still don't think they should bring the weed brownies to school...I'm still telling the principal if he does bring them to school.

Then his parents are crap and not fit to have children. What are they, anti-government pseudo-hippies?

My friends are already really "slow" so, not really much of an effect.

But yeah...my friends are going no where in life...they come to school high, hungover, ect. All the time.

Of course. Don't be friends with them anymore. You said it right there: They are going nowhere in life. They are nobodies.

Saltare.
April 28th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah...I really need new friends...

RuRuBell
April 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I don't really care one way or the other about it. I don't like it, so I don't do it.

I don't really have a right to tell others not to do it, though, so long as I'm not directly involved. It's their life, not mine. There are worse drugs out there, anyway.

Fox♠
April 28th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I love how up in arms some people are over weed. It's nothing big. I know more people who smoke weed than i do who smoke just tobacco.

Mika
April 28th, 2010, 04:12 PM
lol ^ that.

I have a friend recovering from Cancer who's on a pot prescription to help her eat. She's like ~lol it's no big deal and I've gained 20 pounds with it so it's all good~.

As long as it's used responsibly, I see no big issue with it. It has more benefits than disadvantages when used properly. :3

Fox♠
April 28th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Even when used as a recreational drug it's not all that bad. Considering it normally mellows people out it's actually a lot more beneficial to the public than cheap alchohol that's known to cause people to rage and act violently. I've tried weed a few times, and I've never really enjoyed it, but that's not to say that other people shouldn't be allowed to.

Gary Oak FTW
April 28th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Doesn't matter to me,I can still get it Illegal or not.The laws here in CA are so loose on it anyways getting caught isn't a big deal at all.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 29th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Doesn't matter to me,I can still get it Illegal or not.The laws here in CA are so loose on it anyways getting caught isn't a big deal at all.

Wait, wasn't smoking a low amount of weed legalized there as well? [I know Massachusetts has it legalized for under an ounce or something.]

Eggie Poo Poo
April 29th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Whoever told you that is full of crap. Wikipedia has distorted information, just to toss that in.

Unless it's laced with poison or a drug that causes hallucinations (i.e. "mush"), weed does not cause hallucinations. Just to clarify. If "weed" caused it, it was laced with something, and in that case, it's not the weed. It's the stuff that's on it.

I've honestly read everything you've said, and you really don't have ANY idea what the hell you're talking about. Weed DOES cause hallucinations you fool, get your facts straight. Have you smoked it? No? Then don't talk trash to that dude who said that, because he's right. You do hallucinate. "Stuff on it"? There is no stuff on pure weed that's been grinded and rolled in a joint, smoked in bong, put in pipe, etc. It's getting you high and you hallucinate, there is no lacing, the weed itself makes you hallucinate ... my gosh you know nothing.

And to the people who are saying that "14 IS TOO YOUNG FOR THIS," you need to get out more and see that kids around 12 are already smoking their first joints. 14 is not young, this is the normal age teens start at. At 14 kids watch so much porn and masturbate at least 2-3 times a day, have sex very often and know pretty much everything about sex, smoking, and drinking .... my god people underestimate 14 year olds.

And guys get it straight, Marijuana is not bad for you. It's not throwing your life away, it's not taking you down a bad road in life, it's perfectly fine and the only people who throw their lives away are the ones who deal weed like crazy and who step up to much bigger, worse drugs like Cocaine, Heroin, Crack, etc.

If by CA you mean Canada, then no you are wrong. The laws aren't loose, cops book people all the time and send some to holding cells or prison temporarily and they get charged with possession of Marijuana.

Wait, wasn't smoking a low amount of weed legalized there as well? [I know Massachusetts has it legalized for under an ounce or something.]

No it's not legalized in Canada, you don't get sent to jail unless you have a large amount and even then they will still warn you and contact your guardians, confiscate your weed, etc. And under an ounce is not what you call "a little" weed ... that's 28 grams, no one smokes over an ounce at a time unless they are like major Mafia drug lords ...

Yusshin
April 29th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I've honestly read everything you've said, and you really don't have ANY idea what the hell you're talking about. Weed DOES cause hallucinations you fool, get your facts straight. Have you smoked it? No? Then don't talk trash to that dude who said that, because he's right. You do hallucinate. "Stuff on it"? There is no stuff on pure weed that's been grinded and rolled in a joint, smoked in bong, put in pipe, etc. It's getting you high and you hallucinate, there is no laced with something the weed itself makes you hallucinate ... my gosh you know nothing.

I have smoked it. I've smoked it and ingested it orally. It does not make you hallucinate. I'm friends with drug dealers and with people who smoke ounces of that stuff a day, seriously, 6" joints of the best **** you can get. White willow, blueberry, etc. It doesn't make you hallucinate.

So yeah, whatever you're talking about was laced with poison or something, or they took a pill beforehand. It wasn't the weed.

[Edit]

I've also been hot-boxed. Weed only causes fatigue, hunger, and laughter. It makes things louder and more fun. It does not cause hallucinations, sudden urges of violence, or anything of that sort. Your libido rises with weed as well, althought that effect is different for everyone. Some people's libidos drop entirely. Meh.

I've never, ever heard a case of marijuana causing hallucinations. Ever, and I've been surrounded by cannabis addicts for the last two years. They're in it for the "fun-boost" they get. They don't hallucinate. If they wanted to hallucinate, they'd take mush, which some of them do. The only problem with mush is that if you're depressed, you bawl your eyes out. Even Alice in Wonderland is a Horror Film on mush since mush is a hallucinogen. Those little purple flowers outside, honeysuckles? They're hallucinogens, too, because they're poisonous when consumed. Seriously. You know nothing about cannabis.

Eggie Poo Poo
April 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I have smoked it. I've smoked it and ingested it orally. It does not make you hallucinate. I'm friends with drug dealers and with people who smoke ounces of that stuff a day, seriously, 6" joints of the best **** you can get. White willow, blueberry, etc. It doesn't make you hallucinate.

So yeah, whatever you're talking about was laced with poison or something, or they took a pill beforehand. It wasn't the weed.

Okay by ingested orally ... do you mean smoking? Because I don't know anyone who says that ... and it DOES make you hallucinate, if you aren't hallucinating then you must be smoking like basil or pepper from your mom's kitchen then ... you see random **** and you look at things differently, everyone has a different high experience but more or less everyone hallucinates ...

"Laced with poison?" You sound really foolish when you say that ... there is no lacing with poison and no pill taking ... weed makes you see ****ed up ****, period.

And I highly doubt these friends of yours smoke ounces a day, one ounce is 28 grams and it takes some of my friends like 0.5g to get them blitzed out of their skulls with a bong, so I'm pretty sure these guys don't smoke ounces a day.

Fxcking Tatertots
April 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I've honestly read everything you've said, and you really don't have ANY idea what the hell you're talking about. Weed DOES cause hallucinations you fool, get your facts straight. Have you smoked it? No? Then don't talk trash to that dude who said that, because he's right. You do hallucinate. "Stuff on it"? There is no stuff on pure weed that's been grinded and rolled in a joint, smoked in bong, put in pipe, etc. It's getting you high and you hallucinate, there is no lacing, the weed itself makes you hallucinate ... my gosh you know nothing.

And to the people who are saying that "14 IS TOO YOUNG FOR THIS," you need to get out more and see that kids around 12 are already smoking their first joints. 14 is not young, this is the normal age teens start at. At 14 kids watch so much porn and masturbate at least 2-3 times a day, have sex very often and know pretty much everything about sex, smoking, and drinking .... my god people underestimate 14 year olds.

And guys get it straight, Marijuana is not bad for you. It's not throwing your life away, it's not taking you down a bad road in life, it's perfectly fine and the only people who throw their lives away are the ones who deal weed like crazy and who step up to much bigger, badder drugs like Cocaine, Heroin, Crack, etc.

I know there are kids who are smoking at 12. It saddens me, because the world is going to **** with such children. As I said, it's a problem when you go to school high. As I also said, I'm not saying it's bad. Its just that there are places that are fine to smoke, and others that aren't.

I love when people use the "you need to get out more" as an excuse. Really, as a person weary by other's idiocy and rudeness, do I really need to go out so much? For what? To prove myself once again that life is not worth socializing with others? I try to be nice, but when people tell me **** like that, it pisses me off! This is why I'm a misanthropist.

Eggie Poo Poo
April 29th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I know there are kids who are smoking at 12. It saddens me, because the world is going to **** with such children. As I said, it's a problem when you go to school high. As I also said, I'm not saying it's bad. Its just that there are places that are fine to smoke, and others that aren't.

I love when people use the "you need to get out more" as an excuse. Really, as a person weary by other's idiocy and rudeness, do I really need to go out so much? For what? To prove myself once again that life is not worth socializing with others? I try to be nice, but when people tell me **** like that, it pisses me off! This is why I'm a misanthropist.

Lol ... okay .... I won't say that then ... but what I'm saying was you are shielded from this stuff apparently and need to see this firsthand ... it doesn't screw the world over or these kids, there is nothing wrong with Weed man, it only screws your life if you start to deal it.

Yusshin
April 29th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Okay by ingested orally ... do you mean smoking? Because I don't know anyone who says that ... and it DOES make you hallucinate, if you aren't hallucinating then you must be smoking like basil or pepper from your mom's kitchen then ... you see random **** and you look at things differently, everyone has a different high experience but more or less everyone hallucinates ...

"Laced with poison?" You sound really foolish when you say that ... there is no lacing with poison and no pill taking ... weed makes you see ****ed up ****, period.

And I highly doubt these friends of yours smoke ounces a day, one ounce is 28 grams and it takes some of my friends like 0.5g to get them blitzed out of their skulls with a bong, so I'm pretty sure these guys don't smoke ounces a day.

No it doesn't. You seriously don't know what the Hell you're talking about. I have a friend who smokes as much as Bob Marley a day of the best stuff available on the market (hellah expensive); it has never, ever, ever made anyone I know hallucinate.

I seriously doubt you have any personal experience with weed if you're seriously saying it makes people hallucinate. Nothing flies. There are no dancing faeries or unicorns. Colours stay the same. You just feel heavy and spaced-out. Nothing more.

Also, I've smoked it, eaten "special brownies", and been hot-boxed several times. I never hallucinated once. Ever. And neither has Robert, who smokes just as much as Marley did being the drug dealer he is, David, Yuss, Antonin, Yusuf, Joseph, Ashille, those other guys Robert would bring over, and those many, many customers who stopped by to pick up their dose for the day from Robert when he visited us those many times a week.

Again, the stuff from the US is crazy and chemically treated. I'm talking about pure cannabis taken from the plant and smoked on-the-spot. No chemicals. Nothing laced on it. It does not make you hallucinate. It doesn't even distort colours.

Only chemically-treated / poisoned / laced weed would make you hallucinate. Not weed itself.

For the record, poisons do make you hallucinate, so if you were inhaling the smoke from a poisonous chemical on weed, then yes, you would hallucinate. It's not the cannabis, though. It's whatever the Hell's on it.

[Edit] I forgot our neighbour, Francis. He'd smoke over at our place since his girlfriend would beat him if she knew he was smoking :|

Oh, and that guy who oes Rob 400$CAN. He never hallucinated either, and like Rob, he's a freakin' addict.

Eggie Poo Poo
April 29th, 2010, 01:12 PM
No it doesn't. You seriously don't know what the Hell you're talking about. I have a friend who smokes as much as Bob Marley a day of the best stuff available on the market (hellah expensive); it has never, ever, ever made anyone I know hallucinate.

I seriously doubt you have any personal experience with weed if you're seriously saying it makes people hallucinate. Nothing flies. There are no dancing faeries or unicorns. Colours stay the same. You just feel heavy and spaced-out. Nothing more.

Also, I've smoked it, eaten "special brownies", and been hot-boxed several times. I never hallucinated once. Ever. And neither has Robert, who smokes just as much as Marley did being the drug dealer he is, David, Yuss, Antonin, Yusuf, Joseph, Ashille, those other guys Robert would bring over, and those many, many customers who stopped by to pick up their dose for the day from Robert when he visited us those many times a week.

Again, the stuff from the US is crazy and chemically treated. I'm talking about pure cannabis taken from the plant and smoked on-the-spot. No chemicals. Nothing laced on it. It does not make you hallucinate. It doesn't even distort colours.

Only chemically-treated / poisoned / laced weed would make you hallucinate. Not weed itself.

For the record, poisons do make you hallucinate, so if you were inhaling the smoke from a poisonous chemical on weed, then yes, you would hallucinate. It's not the cannabis, though. It's whatever the Hell's on it.

[Edit] I forgot our neighbour, Francis. He'd smoke over at our place since his girlfriend would beat him if she knew he was smoking :|

Oh, and that guy who oes Rob 400$CAN. He never hallucinated either, and like Rob, he's a freakin' addict.

Hallucination doesn't = unicorns and fairies ... but I have stared at my brother for long periods of time and just started to see different people when I kept staring at him ... and also I've stared at some paintings hanging on our walls and found myself lost in it ... seeing random things and just staring. Also I've tried to swat a fly that wasn't actually there.

Hallucination doesn't mean distorted colours either, I know now that you've never smoked weed because you talk like a noob and it's no way in hell just heavy and spaced out ... there's so much more to it like the insane hunger, fearless attitude, not giving a damn if I go up to a girl and pull down my pants, not feeling punches much on me, laughing at stupid things, intense movies like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings are weird ... everything seems much faster than it is and it looks like the whole room is normal and only the TV screen is tripping out ... also random things like spiders or bugs scare the living hell out of me, especially when a spider runs across the wall.

Yusshin
April 29th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Hallucination doesn't = unicorns and fairies ... but I have stared at my brother for long periods of time and just started to see different people when I kept staring at him ... and also I've stared at some paintings hanging on our walls and found myself lost in it ... seeing random things and just staring. Also I've tried to swat a fly that wasn't actually there.

Hallucination doesn't mean distorted colours either, I know now that you've never smoked weed because you talk like a noob and it's no way in hell just heavy and spaced out ... there's so much more to it like the insane hunger, fearless attitude, not giving a damn if I go up to a girl and pull down my pants, not feeling punches much on me, laughing at stupid things, intense movies like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings are weird ... everything seems much faster than it is and it looks like the whole room is normal and only the TV screen is tripping out ... also random things like spiders or bugs scare the living hell out of me, especially when a spider runs across the wall.

Actually, I have smoked weed. You're the noob, if anything, because weed only causes hunger, fatigue, laughter, and a heavy feeling.

You don't hallucinate. You might change and feel a bit funny. Do you know what hallucinating is?

a sensory experience of something that does not exist outside the mind, caused by various physical and mental disorders, or by reaction to certain toxic substances, and usually manifested as visual or auditory images.

Again, you don't see unicorns or have false impressions. You are calm, hungry, and you feel a bit tired. There is nothing false about that. A hallucination is when you see something that doesn't exist, hear something that doesn't exist, smell something that doesn't really exist... You get the idea. You're not feeling anything, seeing anything, smelling anything, etc. that doesn't exist. It's a real feeling of calmness and hunger. There's nothing hallucinary about it.

Unless you think a sudden overwhelming feeling of calm is a hallucination? You feel it for real. It's not a fake feeling, because it exists.

Note the "toxic" up there? What did I mention earlier? Ah... I didn't mention poison, did I? No way, I totally didn't /coughs. You're probably talking about American cannabis. That stuff is filled with toxins to cause addiction and other effects cannabis wouldn't normally give.

I'm talking about cannabis that hasn't touched chemicals at all. The typical Canadian cannabis. The stuff that isn't on the news, telling us that weed is bad.

Perhaps you hallucinate with the US chemical stuff, but know that it's not the weed, it's the chemicals / poison ("toxins") on it that is inducing the effect.

As for your experience, staring at the wall and feeling lost is normal, because you feel heavy and skeptical, calm, and "out of it". That's not hallucinating. Swatting at a fly that doesn't exist, seeing your brother's face change... I've never heard of that, except on mush. That doesn't happen with weed. I'm not sure what you took, but maybe you smoked too much than you could handle, and it ****ed you up for a bit. That would be normal. That's like a non-drinker drinking litres of beer in one-shot. He's going to experience a lot of messed up things that if he had slowly gotten into the phase, he wouldn't have.

There's so much more to it like the insane hunger, fearless attitude, not giving a damn if I go up to a girl and pull down my pants, not feeling punches much on me, laughing at stupid things, intense movies like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings are weird ... everything seems much faster than it is and it looks like the whole room is normal and only the TV screen is tripping out ... also random things like spiders or bugs scare the living hell out of me, especially when a spider runs across the wall.

Uhm. I mentioned a lot of that stuff many, many times. You feel very hungry. You laugh at everything. Sound is more intense and louder. You feel out-of-it and very, very heavy.

I don't know what you've been reading this entire time, but it's surely not my posts.

For the record, under 11 grams is legal in Quebec. Ontario is pretty hardcore about weed possession, though.

I've smoked in front of cops before in Quebec. They don't care. 4/20 is a marijuana fest in central Montreal. Even the cops participate. It's like a mini-Amsterdam.

Yoshimi
April 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I was just wondering.

When did prohibition ever work? The government will never did, and will probably never be able to control human curiosity.
And just for something neat, look at this.

http://actionamerica.org/drugs/wodclock.shtml

Yusshin
April 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I was just wondering.

When did prohibition ever work? The government will never did, and will probably never be able to control human curiosity.
And just for something neat, look at this.

http://actionamerica.org/drugs/wodclock.shtml

Holy crap. Almost 4,000,000,000 o0 Jeez... That's a lot of money XD

Sneeze
April 29th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I doubt I'll convince you, but weed is is no way, shape or form a hallucinogenic. That's where LSD and Magic Mushrooms come in.

Yusshin
April 29th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I doubt I'll convince you, but weed is is no way, shape or form a hallucinogenic. That's where LSD and Magic Mushrooms come in.

Thank God someone with sense comes in. I agree that both LSD and Mush = hallucinogens. Seriously, my fiance took mush under pressure from his friend once :| he said my face went all red, Alice in Wonderland was the scariest thing he ever saw in his life, and textures changed for him. He started bawling for no reason. Mush is scary **** and a powerful hallucinogen.

Eggie, if you want to hallucinate, go take some mush. You'll know what hallucinating is then. What you're describing is a sudden change in feeling, but it's a real feeling. Not fake, but real. Flying unicorns are fake. It's like saying alcohol makes you hallucinate because you lose your balance and your vision becomes blurred, not to mention you laugh at everything and your libido kicks in. Alcohol isn't a hallucinogen. Weed isn't a hallucinogen. Mush and LSD are.

Eggie Poo Poo
April 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Actually, I have smoked weed. You're the noob, if anything, because weed only causes hunger, fatigue, laughter, and a heavy feeling.

You don't hallucinate. You might change and feel a bit funny. Do you know what hallucinating is?

Again, you don't see unicorns or have false impressions. You are calm, hungry, and you feel a bit tired. There is nothing false about that. A hallucination is when you see something that doesn't exist, hear something that doesn't exist, smell something that doesn't really exist... You get the idea. You're not feeling anything, seeing anything, smelling anything, etc. that doesn't exist. It's a real feeling of calmness and hunger. There's nothing hallucinary about it.

Unless you think a sudden overwhelming feeling of calm is a hallucination? You feel it for real. It's not a fake feeling, because it exists.

Note the "toxic" up there? What did I mention earlier? Ah... I didn't mention poison, did I? No way, I totally didn't /coughs. You're probably talking about American cannabis. That stuff is filled with toxins to cause addiction and other effects cannabis wouldn't normally give.

I'm talking about cannabis that hasn't touched chemicals at all. The typical Canadian cannabis. The stuff that isn't on the news, telling us that weed is bad.

Perhaps you hallucinate with the US chemical stuff, but know that it's not the weed, it's the chemicals / poison ("toxins") on it that is inducing the effect.

As for your experience, staring at the wall and feeling lost is normal, because you feel heavy and skeptical, calm, and "out of it". That's not hallucinating. Swatting at a fly that doesn't exist, seeing your brother's face change... I've never heard of that, except on mush. That doesn't happen with weed. I'm not sure what you took, but maybe you smoked too much than you could handle, and it ****ed you up for a bit. That would be normal. That's like a non-drinker drinking litres of beer in one-shot. He's going to experience a lot of messed up things that if he had slowly gotten into the phase, he wouldn't have.

Uhm. I mentioned a lot of that stuff many, many times. You feel very hungry. You laugh at everything. Sound is more intense and louder. You feel out-of-it and very, very heavy.

I don't know what you've been reading this entire time, but it's surely not my posts.

For the record, under 11 grams is legal in Quebec. Ontario is pretty hardcore about weed possession, though.

I've smoked in front of cops before in Quebec. They don't care. 4/20 is a marijuana fest in central Montreal. Even the cops participate. It's like a mini-Amsterdam.

I'm Canadian ... I'm not American nor do I blaze American weed. I'm in Canada like you. Pure cannabis buddy.

Okay by your dictionary definition of hallucination I don't fit it perfectly then, but what I'm trying to say is I do hallucinate in the sense that I see some things that aren't there and do weird stuff. Maybe it is cause I did too much cause I hit up a Gravity Bong which gets you baked like hell.

Yusshin
April 29th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Okay by your dictionary definition of hallucination I don't fit it perfectly then, but what I'm trying to say is I do hallucinate in the sense that I see some things that aren't there and do weird stuff. Maybe it is cause I did too much cause I hit up a Gravity Bong which gets you baked like hell.

Maybe. Was it your first time? You might have tripped bady if you did too much lol What you experienced wasn't hallucinations, though. It was just your mind playing tricks because you feel heavy and you concentrate too much under the effect.

I sometimes see things that aren't there when I'm not even high xD It's just your mind. That part is normal :P

Gary Oak FTW
April 29th, 2010, 02:55 PM
If by CA you mean Canada, then no you are wrong. The laws aren't loose, cops book people all the time and send some to holding cells or prison temporarily and they get charged with possession of Marijuana.

Talking about California brotato.

Xephyr
April 29th, 2010, 03:31 PM
The weed debate is pretty stupid, imo. I will admit, I've never used it, but if it was legalized I probably would. Still though, it's way safer than alcohol or tobacco, so why should it be banned? There are very obvious reasons for drugs like cocaine or heroine to be illegal, but I fail to see the reasons for marijuana.

Sneeze
April 29th, 2010, 03:36 PM
If it was your first time it may very well have been a placebo, you expected hallucinations so you got em. Not the weed itself but what you expected from it.

Flipnotic
April 30th, 2010, 10:31 PM
my 4/20 was great, how was the other weed smokers 4/20 here? lol
it was so great i cant remember crap from that day LOL.

so...has anyone tried salvia? im curious about it lol

Gary Oak FTW
April 30th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Tried shrooms for the first time on 4/20 but I was so worried about having a bad trip I couldn't enjoy it fully so I have to try it again another time.

Flipnotic
May 2nd, 2010, 12:10 AM
Tried shrooms for the first time on 4/20 but I was so worried about having a bad trip I couldn't enjoy it fully so I have to try it again another time.
oh wow lol well how was the amount you tried? im too scared to try shrooms lol.
do you know what kind they were?

Kenpari
May 2nd, 2010, 06:45 AM
I lean toward the side of it staying where it is. I believe that any kind of drug such as marijuana, cocaine, or whatever should remain illegal. I even think alcohol and cigarettes should be made illegal as well. I honestly don't see the point in any of it, and haven't so much as tried any of it myself.

Captain Hobo.
May 2nd, 2010, 09:57 AM
No, it should be illegal. It is very bad.

Narcissus Secret
May 2nd, 2010, 06:33 PM
It should remain illegal. It shouldn't even be allowed medically. Anything that weed can do.. something else can do better.

Tho... if it was legalized.. it would be harder (I think) for minors to obtain.

PokemonLeagueChamp
May 3rd, 2010, 02:14 AM
Wow, the arguments here are getting more and more pathetic: keep weed illegal(only people who'd use it do already anyhow), and illegalize tobacco(cause it's just as **** as weed).

TRIFORCE89
May 3rd, 2010, 05:01 AM
Impairs you worse than alcohol. Smoke that's strong than with cigarettes.

So, no, not particularly pro-the substance.

The smoke and health stuff...eh, their problem. Certainly worse for your lungs. If they were to legalize it for the tax benefits, then I'd rather the alternative methods like vapour be legalized, not the traditional smoke way.

That said though, for most people it takes a few drinks until you're rendered useless. You can have a casual drink and not be affected. But you use pot with the intention of getting high, being impaired. And that, I think, is where the difference or distinction lies. I don't need such people on the roads or performing work services - or just not showing up for such.

WriteThemWrong
May 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
legalize it, i say. or at least have an age limit for it like alcohol. it's hypocritical to disallow marijuana but allow alcohol, tobacco, and most things that are deemed to be medically dangerous

Narcissus Secret
May 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
legalize it, i say. or at least have an age limit for it like alcohol. it's hypocritical to disallow marijuana but allow alcohol, tobacco, and most things that are deemed to be medically dangerous

Well, it is banned because of the smear campaign. Prohibition made alcohol illegal for the US, and it didn't turn out too well. It probably won't be tried again. Tobacco is only legal because it has played a major part in economy. Without it, the US probably wouldn't be around. So everything else has a legitimate reason for being legal, imo.

Kenpari
May 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
Wow, the arguments here are getting more and more pathetic: keep weed illegal(only people who'd use it do already anyhow), and illegalize tobacco(cause it's just as **** as weed).

Tobacco/Alcohol/Other drugs have bad effects on you. A lot of people who are saying to keep it illegal have their reasons but simply don't state them. I don't accuse you of thinking they have no reasoning, but I figured I should say this anyway. I think it should be illegal because I really don't see much good coming out of it. I mean, all you do is get the "high" effect, and the rest is all bad for you. Plus you get addicted. I'm not sure about the effects of weed.

Narcissus Secret
May 3rd, 2010, 05:14 PM
Tobacco/Alcohol/Other drugs have bad effects on you. A lot of people who are saying to keep it illegal have their reasons but simply don't state them. I don't accuse you of thinking they have no reasoning, but I figured I should say this anyway. I think it should be illegal because I really don't see much good coming out of it. I mean, all you do is get the "high" effect, and the rest is all bad for you. Plus you get addicted. I'm not sure about the effects of weed.

Weed has no mental or physical addiction, but it does harmful things shut off your... liver? Or something like that for the duration of the high.

Kenpari
May 3rd, 2010, 05:18 PM
^ Yeah, I wasn't really sure about the effects of weed, so I didn't know about whether there was any addiction or not. With other stuff that I've heard I still don't really approve of weed, though.

Narcissus Secret
May 3rd, 2010, 05:21 PM
^ Yeah, I wasn't really sure about the effects of weed, so I didn't know about whether there was any addiction or not. With other stuff that I've heard I still don't really approve of weed, though.Same here. I mean.. it might not have addictive, but it sure seems like it. I mean, I know people who smoke.. and they do it almost every day. It is either because it truly is addictive, or it is just that damn good. In all honesty, this high isn't even worth it. You have a much greater health risk.

SIN1488
May 3rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
It's not physically addictive, but it is habit forming. So I think that's basically mentally addictive.

Finnix
May 3rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
everything is habit forming, its stupid that cigarettes are legal and weed is illegal. If you do your history, America growing up used hemp for just about everything!!!! We were made by weed and we shall smoke it!!!

Hope you like this attachment, it makes a great background

Narcissus Secret
May 3rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
everything is habit forming, its stupid that cigarettes are legal and weed is illegal. If you do your history, America growing up used hemp for just about everything!!!! We were made by weed and we shall smoke it!!!

Hemp was very influential on how we manufactured a lot of things, but there are alternative methods to making that product. Tobacco on the other hand, was sold as is, tobacco. People would smoke and chew that. Hemp's main deal in US history was manufacturing, not the actually smoking.

Chloroform Girl
May 4th, 2010, 02:27 PM
weed is good, I also tried XTC, shrooms, and meth....is that to much?

Flipnotic
May 4th, 2010, 11:27 PM

agreed! lol
i rather cigarettes be illegal than marijuana..i would like to see someone show me how marijuana is sooooo terrible..please show me LOL
i bet the pros out weigh the cons.

Finnix
May 5th, 2010, 06:21 PM
agreed! lol
i rather cigarettes be illegal than marijuana..i would like to see someone show me how marijuana is sooooo terrible..please show me LOL
i bet the pros out weigh the cons.

Agreed ² xD :P .